PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive A-wing-shipping!

jedi master sal
08-12-2003, 11:49 AM
I just recieved my Target Exclusive A-wing in the mail today at my office. Looks sweet. Nice color scheme. It's not the traditional red and white. It's drab green with black and gray. This ship comes with an exclusive pilot figure and the packaging is cool. Nice BIG window box so you can see the ship from most angles. It also has a small cardboard "table" for which the pilot's helmet is resting on.

I got this online when Target had these in stock. I was $19.99 plus s/h but I had a code for $10% off which brought my total including the s/h to $23 and change. Not to bad in price. If this ship is anything like some exclusives ie Y-wing/skiff/speeder bike with biker scout etc, you may not get much of a chance to see it at retail, so if you want it, get it while you can. Target online may be out of stock right now but you should check just in case.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting
as always
MTFBWY
-Sal

OC47150
08-12-2003, 01:06 PM
What about the pilot? Is he a rehas or a new sculpt?

Jargo
08-13-2003, 07:28 AM
Rehashed Arvel Crynyd from the rebel pilots cinema scene with retooled legs so he actually stands up without falling over face forward. Nice paint job on him.
This isn't all that exclusive considering that Hasbro has been selling it to UK dealers. In fact I don't think anything can truly be called exclusive anymore. Okay so in the states it's mostly exclusive to a particular retailer for a short time but then it becomes available elsewhere and the exclusivity is blown out of the water. Which is a good thing in my view as it erodes elitism. Anyway, got mine this morning and very happy with it I am. Especially as I'd been overcharged and I managed to argue the toss about pre-order prices versus current cheaper prices and got a small refund of the difference.

Dr Zoltar
08-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Jargo,

Who did you order your A-Wing from?

Jargo
08-13-2003, 06:39 PM
I ordered from sci-fi warehouse or Forbidden planet international as they like to be known. But I wouldn't recomend the experience. I'd try someone else instead like say.... R2DTOYS. If you consider that FPI have had my order in for a year almost since it wasfirst announced and they still stuffed it up. And I ordered the screen scenes from R2DTOYS on monday night and recieved them this morning at 9am. R2's is fast and reliable with good explanations in e-mail newsletter as to delays and cancellations of items. http://r2dtoys.com/ okay so it's a UK company and you're in the states, but they ship worldwide and if all else fails....
Plus John the proprieter is a really nice guy. :D

Forgot to mention in my mini review that the ship comes with no cockpit decals like it shows on the box illustration. I don't know if it's just mine or a batch but be aware that this is so.

Dr Zoltar
08-13-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I pre-ordered this from another site (within the US) which charged more than Target was. I got it slightly before the Target website advertised them for $20 (I was betting this thing would retail for $30 like the Tie Fighter and Tie Bomber). I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it, but didn't know if I should waste my time trying to get a bit of a rebate on it. I guess I could chalk this up to experience.

yngadult
08-14-2003, 02:39 PM
$20 is a good price for a ship and figure. IMO I never liked this ship and wished George would have used standard rebel pilot uniforms (orange) for the A wings like he did for the X, Y and Snowspeeder.

SplFrcsCWO
10-12-2003, 12:41 AM
I found one at my Target tonight. The decals are also absent. That detracts from an otherwise nice repaint. I think I'll try scanning an old A-wing decal sheet and make my own.

Turbowars
10-12-2003, 12:50 AM
I found one at my Target tonight. The decals are also absent. That detracts from an otherwise nice repaint. I think I'll try scanning an old A-wing decal sheet and make my own.Were the 12" Speeders there?

SplFrcsCWO
10-12-2003, 01:28 AM
Yes, they had one.

OC47150
10-13-2003, 10:26 AM
The A-wings were plentiful at one of my Targets -- nine on a riser.

No sign of Leia speederbike, though.

Hellboy
10-14-2003, 01:40 AM
I ran into the A-Wings at my local Target today as well. I didn't need any for myself but I did pick up a couple for some friends.

No sign of the 12" Leia on Speeder Bike though. :(

I do think it was kind of lame thought that Target made these out to be online exclusives then released them at retail. I know people who couldn't get the A-Wing's from target.com and paid more than MSRP to obtain these through other online SW dealers because they thought it was their only alternative. If Target would've told us this from the beginning it I'm sure a lot of collectors could've saved some money.

Dr Zoltar
10-14-2003, 01:49 AM
Yep Hellboy, I was one of the many who bought the new A-Wing above MSRP. I didn't know they were going to be offered on-line or in the store at the time. And with what happened with the ROTJ Skiff and the B-Wing, I didn't want to take the chance of missing getting one. Of course, now I bet I find these on clearance in a few months. Target could have tried harder at getting the word out that these would be pleantiful.