PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Images from Episode III.

JEDIpartner
08-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Since my image posts in the "What we KNOW..." thread seem to be largely overlooked, I thought I would start a separate thread for them. I am going to post things that look "curious" or interesting. I hope the images spark some conversations. These images have been passed onto me by people who have the time to "sketch" out some interesting pics found floating around in hyperspace.

A Helmet?
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6445

A Corridor?
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6451

Sith Lord 0498
08-12-2003, 04:51 PM
That first image looks an awful lot like a prototype helmet for Darth Vader. Or perhaps it belongs to a new breed of Clonetrooper. After all, it was stated that we'd see pieces of Vader's armor on different people in the film. Maybe Anakin modifies this after his turn to the Dark Side?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2003, 06:16 PM
The second pic reminds me of the shape of the halls in the Death Star. But that first one is very strange. :confused:

Imperial Monarche
08-13-2003, 09:00 AM
The second one looks awfully strangly familiar to the hallway Obi-Wan walks down when over looking the clones on Kamino in Ep. II. or at least, thats what I picked up. Another thing might be a star destroyer bridge. It can't be anything else I think cuz it has the windows on both sides.

Jedi Clint
08-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Adding to my theory on the picture in another thread (that it looked similar to the waiting room on the Trade Federation ship where Kenobi and Jinn were taken at the beginning of TPM), it now has a large table surrounded by chairs.

RooJay
08-13-2003, 09:26 PM
I can't quite get to my Art of Star Wars books at the moment, but I'd swear that the helmet in that first pic looks an awful lot like some of the original concept designs for Vader; particularly the face mask portion.

There are also some images of rebel pilots both in the Art of books and in my original Star Wars Portfolio that look remarkably similar.

evenflow
08-14-2003, 09:02 AM
That first pic totally reminds me of Space Balls.

JEDIpartner
08-14-2003, 09:47 AM
From the Set Diary from yesterday...
"Those sets have been torn down, and now, a dark gray conference room with hard, angular lines is coming together..." That could be what we are looking at in the second picture.

icatch9
08-14-2003, 10:17 AM
That first pic totally reminds me of Space Balls.

Yea, I agree. That helmet looks more like Dark Helmet than Darth Vader :). Still cool. I does look a lot like the original concepts that I've sceen too. I guess it looks funny becasue the helmet looks so huge. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Talk about an Easter egg hunt. Can you imgine watching the movie trying to find all the parts to Vaders suit. Sounds like fun to me:D.

Jargo
08-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Over at the force .net they have a comic image that's now up at the OS as a side bar image which shows vader behind a guy wearing a breathing mask without helmet but with a shaved head. It just may be that the pic above is the first version of the famous vader helmet. A preliminary design cobbled together to keep the guy alive but something he had refined as time went on. If I recall the main design for vader was without a mask back when they first discussed him. The helmet was only supposed to be worn for space faring. But when they saw what the costume looked like with the helmet they decided to make that his final look. So if they now go back to the original which would allow us to still see that it's Hayden Christensen the star of the movie and box office draw it would make sense. The teen appeal of Hayden is a cash cow to LFL and the distributors. It makes no sense to have him covered up in a helmet completely because it could just be anybody in the suit then. Having Hayden visible makes for prettier visuals even if his face is covered in scar make-up. Do you follow my meaning? If they don't show Hayden as vader masked then it keeps it a surprise when he's unmasked (yeah us old time fans know this but kids who haven't seen the movies and come to it fresh will get the surprise and after all it's the kids Georgie boy is making the movie for not the twenty/thirty something adults) and makes the mask that bit much more imposing and threatening when it does show up in ANH.

Pendo
08-16-2003, 08:51 AM
On the image from the sidebar of the OS, Vader doesn't appear to be wearing his costume, it looks more like an Imperial officer's outfit...hmmmm!

TBH I really, really hope this isn't Vader in Episode III. I really want to see Vader fully masked, to look the same as he did in the OT. Even if we also see him with his mask on, I really do not want the Ani/Vader thing to be spoiled in this movie, it should be saved for Episode V! Personally the showing of Anakin as Vader in this movie would be the worst thing George could do.

PENDO!

Jargo
08-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Well perhaps that's why he isn't wearing his mask. James Earl jones is doing the vocals and if that is Vader wearing a face mask then his voice will be altered to sound like it's coming through a vocoder. I actually think that if that is Anakin then he looks meaner than Vader. Semi human. I think i have a vague inkling of how george is going to handle this now but i'm not going to expound because i need a couple more snippets of info to confirm my suspicions.
it all makes perfect sense..... :)

Pendo
08-16-2003, 09:04 AM
Just found this (http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#21754) at TheForce.Net. According to them it is Grand Moff Trachta :). It still doesn't mean it's deffo not Vader in Episode III, but I feel happier now I know it's probably Trachta :).

PENDO!

Jargo
08-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Too bad. Looks cool.

RooJay
08-20-2003, 07:09 PM
Just found this (http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#21754) at TheForce.Net. According to them it is Grand Moff Trachta :). It still doesn't mean it's deffo not Vader in Episode III, but I feel happier now I know it's probably Trachta :).

PENDO!

Definitely not Vader in those picks. Moff Trachta is a character recently making appearances in the Star Wars: Empire ongoing comic series from Dark Horse Comics. In fact, he's been appearing along side of Vader since his own introduction. If that's what Vader looks like in Ep. 3, then it will be more a case of Vader having been the prototype for him rather than vice versa (the Empire storylines taking place well after Ep. 3 and just prior to ANH).

Anakin2121
08-21-2003, 07:30 AM
On the image from the sidebar of the OS, Vader doesn't appear to be wearing his costume, it looks more like an Imperial officer's outfit...hmmmm!

Didn't Rick McC say, like, over a year ago that Vader would be assembling his armor from taking pieces of it from several different characters? :)

JEDIpartner
08-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Here's a quickie sketch of the wookiee seen yesterday!

scruffziller
08-21-2003, 01:05 PM
And the tension builds!!!!!!

Jargo
08-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Dale, tell your consortium of friends signed up for hyperspace that they do great 'sketches' That's a very nice wookiee there. But those braids do look more Willy Nelson to me. :D ;)

JEDIpartner
08-21-2003, 01:52 PM
I think there were about 8 or so braids on that furball. Some were of varying lengths on the back of his head.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Haha, it's a hippie Wookiee with dredlocks to match!!!

Hopefully that's not Chewbacca :eek:

JEDIpartner
08-22-2003, 09:59 AM
No.. that's not Chewbacca. That's another wookiee.