PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of the new Hasbro products shown at Wizard World?

SirSteve
08-14-2003, 12:30 AM
What did you think of the new Hasbro products shown at Wizard World (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=628)?

From the Saga line, there was the deluxe Wampa and basic Luke Hoth, Obi-Wan Coruscant Night Club and Elan Sleazebaggano, deluxe General Rieekan, and plenty more.

From the Clone Wars line, there was swimming Kit Fisto and starfighter-piloting Saesee Tiin, deluxe Durge on speederbike and a new version of the Clonetrooper on speederbike, repackaged lightsabers, and more.

So, how does all this new Hasbro stuff look to you?

DarthBrandon
08-14-2003, 01:03 AM
I thought all of them were pretty cool, and I can't wait to get most of them. Some I may pass on (Durge and a few other Clone Wars figures) as they do not interest me that much. The new saga figures are a must buy as some of them were not offered before. :D

JediTricks
08-14-2003, 01:14 AM
I was very impressed with much of what I saw, but I only plan on getting the Dlx Durge w/ bike, so I had to vote for the Saga only option. Saga looks like it's really coming around next year though, I hope the distribution problems finally are resolved by then though, the first 7 months of this year totally sucked for my collection, not 1 figure.

bobafrett
08-14-2003, 01:54 AM
I want the Wampa and ice cave, and I want it NOW! I was impressed with 98% of the new items although they didn't have a catagory for that above so I went with I like everything. Ironiacally, I didn't see the new stuff until Sunday, as I spent Friday and Saturday working/volunteering at the WW con, then off to my regular job.

jeffonthego
08-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Kind of hard for me to vote based on choices provided.

The only one that comes close for me is:

I like some, but not most

However, this is too harsh.

I'd rather say:

I like some, but not all.

Kidhuman
08-14-2003, 08:55 AM
It all looked great. Saga, Clone Wars. I think Hasbro has finally started listening to the collectors wants and desires. Great figures commming out. They must have read the Dear Hasbro section. Now if they will just go back to neutral poses, I will do back flips.

aceguide
08-14-2003, 09:05 AM
I like both.

The Saga line is going to rock POTJ style.

Clone Wars should add a lot of diversity to collections, much like some of POTJ (OB1 CW, Jedi Training, etc.).

Is there a trend here?

corporal AMF
08-14-2003, 03:41 PM
I believe I'm really liking the SAGA line.........it really looks like POTJ......good sculpted characters, plus a lot of Fan's favs......really lookinfg forward to the next 2 years of this line..........Then, another movie year.... :dead: (Movie Year = A lot of bad Starwars toys)

SirSteve
08-14-2003, 07:41 PM
I want the Wampa and ice cave, and I want it NOW! I was impressed with 98% of the new items although they didn't have a catagory for that above so I went with I like everything. Ironiacally, I didn't see the new stuff until Sunday, as I spent Friday and Saturday working/volunteering at the WW con, then off to my regular job.

I seen you! You were working the Paizo booth. :) I was going to ask if I could take your picture for the Fan's section but you looked busy working...

gsr-jedi
08-14-2003, 11:10 PM
I voted that I liked Saga not Clone Wars. The Clone Wars stuff didn't impress me that as much as Rieekan & Wampa & Luke

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Everything looks great in my opinion! It seems that habro is finally listening to some fans and whatnot. I need to get a higher limit on my SW credit card to buy all these bad boys!! "An expensive year for collecting, it will be." hehehehehe :D

bobafrett
08-14-2003, 11:36 PM
I seen you! You were working the Paizo booth. :) I was going to ask if I could take your picture for the Fan's section but you looked busy working...

SirSteve, You should have stopped by and clicked a picture. I was only voluntering, and I had many people ask if they could take my picture. If you'd like I think I have a picture of me with my Tusken Mask on standing in front of the Paizo booth that you could add. The picture is a bit grainy as it was taken on my panoramic camera. Moreover you should have introduced yourself, not that you knew who I was. :D :D

JediTricks
08-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Sorry about the options gang, SirSteve and I were in a rush since Tycho, SSG's poll moderator, was having technical difficulties and we didn't want to go past Wednesday without a new poll, so we whipped this one up at the last second and I had a hard time deciding what options to go with.

On a personal note, one thing I realized earlier today was that this was the first time since the line was created that I saw over half of new Saga figures that interested me.

Bacta Beast
08-15-2003, 01:35 AM
Most of it looks great, but that Hoth Rebel Soldier sucks, I was hoping for a decent one this time! Oh well, I'll be happy if I can just find this stuff!! Distribution problems fixed?!!! Ha!!! Not likely!!