PDA

View Full Version : Carded pics of Faytonni, Emperor

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2003, 12:59 PM
The main page has carded images of Lt. Dannl Faytonni (Coruscant Outlander Club) and The Emperor (Throne Room). From these images, they look like complete crap. Which is really too bad. At least they call him "The Emperor" instead of Darth Sidious, while they want to preserve the secret of the Chancellor becoming Emperor Palpatine. :rolleyes: Their numbers are so small, I can't see them but it looks like they are both #30, which is wrong. :crazed:

Old Fossil
08-14-2003, 01:36 PM
What's the deal with the Emperor's hood??? The figure's sculpt looks good, as a whole, but the hood is all...poofy. It looks ridiculous. Seems as though Hasbro has taken a step backward with this figure, from the POTF2 version -- which had a decent sculpt, but whose stance was a little off and couldn't hold onto his walking stick very well (at least on the one I have).

It looks like the hood is similar in design to that of Barriss Offee.(?)

I am really disappointed in this new Emperor. :frus:

Kidhuman
08-14-2003, 01:55 PM
Yeah, the hood is overkill. It looks like a good sculpt but that hood.

2-1B
08-14-2003, 02:36 PM
The Emperor looks goofy but I'm excited for the Faytonni figure. :)

yngadult
08-14-2003, 05:57 PM
As long as the emperor has legs and not a block base like the first POTF2 version.

plasticfetish
08-14-2003, 07:06 PM
they look like ...
You think they both do?
I think Faytonni looks pretty good. Don't expect it to be anything more than it is.

But, yeah ... "The Emperor" is pretty dopey looking. I'm gonna pretend it's a different emperor ... perhaps from some other evil empire.

AmanaMatt
08-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Ok, I saw this thing at SDCC and assuming the final version is the same, I guess the hood can be pushed down or something, because with the one I saw ....and look at the real small pic on the front for this, as it looks more 'normal,' the head did not seem to be floating around in la la land as this seems....really odd - I think this may be one of the few that will look cool open, after you can mess with the pose aka have him haunched over...

We'll see.

JediTricks
08-15-2003, 02:21 AM
That Emperor figure, oh man does that looks laughable. Not just the hood of the cloak, though that is the main attraction, but also the long arms of the Empire there. Is Hasbro blind?!? Can they not compare the picture on the card right there to the actual toy? That hood is like twice as big as it should be! Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's the retailers who are to blame for this. ;)

LTBasker
08-15-2003, 02:36 AM
Palpy looks like he's wearing a trash bag while in a wind tunnel. Lot of over detail there with a glossy robe. Baad choices. (Reminds of the glass cage scene from aguilera's 'Fighter' video)

How can they go down from the quality of the POTF2 Palpy?

Faytonni looks pretty nice though, can't wait to get him!

plasticfetish
08-15-2003, 03:14 AM
The trash bag thing's funny.

How can they go down from the quality of the POTF2 Palpy?
Good question. But you know, that one and the Sidious (ep.1) figure weren't that bad. I mean, it's not a complicated idea ... it's an old guy wearing a robe. How many variations do we need on the "old guy wearing a robe" theme? The only thing that could have got me jazzed about this figure (and I KNOW some people aren't into it) would have been if he'd come with a cloth robe and bendable knees. Something, anything to make this one really unique.

I've been laughing ... the name "The Emperor" printed on it, makes it seem like a bootleg.

AmanaMatt
08-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Wow, am I the only one that thinks this doesn't suck donkey....

Granted, that hood is HUGE but, its not that bad. I cannot argue, nor am I - everyones opion is valid to me - that the EP! Sidious figure was quite good, though the face, sheesh, still get nightmares on that one....I also like the Flashback one quite a bit, but, where this new one rocks, to me, is its much more decrepit looking appearance, and once opened, from the SDCC one, he seems pretty cool....I just hope this means I can find this one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2003, 01:17 PM
plasticfetish, in the original pics of Faytonni he looked perfect. Something about him seems wrong now, but maybe it's just that picture.

plasticfetish
08-18-2003, 05:03 PM
plasticfetish, in the original pics of Faytonni he looked perfect. Something about him seems wrong now, but maybe it's just that picture.
Yeah, we'll have to see what he looks like when it hits the pegs :rolleyes: . There does seem to be a tradition of things looking really good in the prototype stage and then by the time we get them, they look a bit different. I'm frankly getting pretty sick of Hasbro using prototype images at all for promoting new figures. As well, using pictures of better detailed prototype figures on the packaging (regardless of the disclaimer) really bothers me.

As for something that seems to suck all around, I was just looking at the carded pics of "The Emperor" over at "RS" ... and I don't remember, but was there a scene in ROTJ where Dorothy throws a bucket of water on the Emperor and then he melts? It kind of looks like he's melting away into his robes there.

Old Fossil
08-18-2003, 11:05 PM
I don't remember, but was there a scene in ROTJ where Dorothy throws a bucket of water on the Emperor and then he melts? It kind of looks like he's melting away into his robes there.

What a world, what a world... :dead:

Jargo
08-20-2003, 03:05 PM
See, I said when he first was shown that he was poo. Now this just goes to prove my point. Faytonni looks cool. not as cool as the prot but they never do. Lack of paint, cheap plastic and warping in the package are a few of the causes.
The table thing will undoubtedly be warped on nearly every single one. But as far as figures go he's a nice one. It's Anthony daniels as a proper bona fide star wars character not some random asskiss made up rubbish like Jorg Sacul. And you can buy several and customise to get more republic pilots like the episode one ones for instance. They might all have a weird leaning to one side look but with different heads they can all be drunks in a nightclub on a staff night out or something. "Hey, Lt. Williams won the lotto, let's celebrate!!" and off they all go to get legless and fight over the upcoming Aay Vida figure until Achk-Med Beq is released and comes in to lay the smack down.

Um, :D guess i'm bored or something. getting carried away..... :sur:

2-1B
08-21-2003, 02:34 AM
Carry away, old bean ! :D

RussUAE
08-26-2003, 05:26 AM
Seems the place to discuss WA-7 as they're in the same wave.

That is one cool figure, got it this week - she seems to lean a little too much to the side she holds her tray with (usual soft plastic problem - v bad in hot countries). And the tray only balances precariously.

Anyway, back to the Emperor...

Am I the only person who things that figure is awesome?

I admit, the Emperor is my favourite Star Wars character and sure his hood is too big on this figure, but the face sculpt is nigh on perfect. I compared it with the POTF2 and there is no comparison, new one wins, even with that hood.

Tycho
08-26-2003, 11:55 AM
I didn't want to get him. Honestly, I like the Flashback Emperor the most.

Maybe I'll give the latest Palpatine another look, but I'm glad you like it. It's nice to find stuff you like and are excited for in the the new line. That's for sure.

Faytooni and WA-7 are more to my liking.