PDA

View Full Version : Carded Luke (Tatooine) and Vader (Death Star)

SirSteve
08-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Luke Skywalker (Tatooine Encounter) and Darth Vader (Darth Vader (Death Star Clash) carded pictures have been added! Check out the home page!

AmanaMatt
08-15-2003, 01:47 PM
This is truly the ANH version of Vader to have, and my personal favorite 3 3/4 " Vader of all time. Awsome detailing - this rerelease seems a tad different, but as detailed, great sculpt, non-extreme pose and the correct height.

Though this is Vader # 3 this year and the second rerelease, there was something a little extra special with this one. This is one worth owning.

Thanks for the pics..you know it is kinda sad when I am more pumped up to own a single carded rerelase than a new Vader (the new removable one just has to many elements working against it to be of any real value to a collection - decent to own carded, but once opened, its flaws - and there are many, show.

Kidhuman
08-15-2003, 02:03 PM
The cloth cape on Vader is awesome. That is a must own. Luke looks good too. I wonder if they will make a Ben figure to compliment the Vader. BTW, what is that clear thing in the upperleft of the bubble?

LTBasker
08-15-2003, 02:07 PM
The clear thing is the same stand that's been shipping with the current rereleases that are out. (3PO, Leia, Han)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Did Darth have a cloth cape in the MOTDS pack? I will still get him anyway. Luke, I already have (just give him a lightsaber) so I'll pass on him.

TheDarthVader
08-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Yes, the "clear thing" is a stand. You can open it up to store accessories...pretty neat.

The Vader is awesome! I never picked up the MOTDS two pack so this is a must have. This figure is perfect! :)

I might pass on the Luke. What is going on with his legs? They look FUNKY. :confused:

AmanaMatt
08-15-2003, 02:31 PM
THis is the Luke that looked posed like we was running originally, so the legs are extra articultated - just posed weird here.

The originally MOTD Vader had a cloth cape, yes. Aside from the fact that the this new fig's chest seems to have more of a silver detail thing going on than the original's more greyish color, these seem the same - I cannot say enough great things about this Vader...

yngadult
08-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Does this Vader's helmet come off and does it have a detachible hand?
Is he also taller than the other basic figs.
If all of the above, then he truly is the best Vader. The action stand is a plus as well.

AmanaMatt
08-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Does this Vader's helmet come off and does it have a detachible hand?
Is he also taller than the other basic figs.
If all of the above, then he truly is the best Vader. The action stand is a plus as well.

Ahh, this is A New HopE version, so, no - this has none of the above features, sorry. He is a simple sculpt, with tons of detail and he is in scale to the current Vaders, yes.

Adam
08-15-2003, 10:00 PM
I have the Masters version, so I won't be getting him. Good fig though.

Master Plo- Koon
08-17-2003, 10:40 AM
I finally found the Masters two pack at wizard world, it was 80 dollars, but the reason I definately had to get it was it was signed by both Ray Park, and David Prowse. So I definately am getting the death star clash vader, because I am never opening the signed two pack.

Plus this vader is perfect, he can hold his lightsaber with one hand, two hands, hes in a non action pose, and hes correct height, and has a cloth cape. I will definately open this one. :)

Turbowars
08-17-2003, 12:23 PM
Very cool Master Plo Koon, It's a great set without the sigs, but with is awesome. When you said 80 bucks I was ready to say you got ripped off, but them I read on. The rehash figure are OK, but I'd like to see Hasbro put some money into new figures. I got the TRU Bounty Hunter 4 pack yesterday and I have to say it sucks. Cheap guns, paint missing and I would have liked to see 2 other Hunters instead of the guffy bike.

Devo
08-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Its a good Darth. Buts its 4th or 5th Darth too much in recent memory. Not even the casual collector or kids really need this amount of opportunities to pick up core characters.

sith_killer_99
08-17-2003, 07:24 PM
Again, this is the re-hash Vader form the MOTDS 2 pack, just as the Maul is the re-hash from MOTDS. It think this is a nice way for Hasbro to make up for the lack of availability the first time around.

I have had 3 sets of the MOTDS 2 pack. I got a couple of good deals. I traded one set and opened the other. I ended up trading my loose set when I heard these were coming out. So I plan on buying an extra of each to open.

As for the Luke, I could really care less. It's just the CommTech Luke re-hash...with a lightsaber. :rolleyes: HOw long did I suffer that peg warmer? TRU had a ton of these and couldn't clear them out at $1.97 a couple of years ago.

mista_carrot
08-17-2003, 11:52 PM
Yes, the "clear thing" is a stand. You can open it up to store accessories...pretty neat.

If these are indeed the same stands that come with the rerelease 3PO, Maul, etc., then they do not open and you can't store accessories in them. The stands are still pretty neat, and you can connect them together.

Skywalker3319
08-18-2003, 08:35 AM
I think these figures are really cool looking, espically the vader, and even the luke too.Really lookin foward to that vader though....