PDA

View Full Version : Red 6's Encyclopedia

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2003, 12:27 PM
I cannot seem to find the new address for this website . . . Does anyone know what it is?

Pendo
08-17-2003, 01:12 PM
Well the old address aint workin no more. Are you sure the site has a new address, and has not just shut down?

PENDO!

Rogue II
08-17-2003, 01:33 PM
I think this is the new address:

http://porkins.home.insightbb.com/Depository/

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2003, 11:42 AM
Thanks, but when I click the link to the encyclopedia it says not available. Maybe he did shut down after all.

Kidhuman
08-18-2003, 02:15 PM
http://red6.tk/

That is what I have listed. I tried it and it seemed to be working.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Oy! I didn't know some of the names of some Jabba's Palace people, and I needed them for my thread in the Dear Hasbro section. Thanks!

Kidhuman
08-18-2003, 07:32 PM
I gathered it worked for you then. Good for you. :D

TheDarthVader
08-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Cool site! I never looked at that site before and its neat! Thanks for losing the address JabbaJohnL! haha!

bobafrett
08-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Yes, and thanks for the updated link kidhuman!!

Kidhuman
08-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Yes, and thanks for the updated link kidhuman!!

Not a problem. Glad to help out. Now just dont beat me with the stick. :crazed:

Jargo
08-20-2003, 07:24 AM
The sources of the information used to create the site appear to be absent. I've noticed that the names for some characters differ to the officially acknoweledged ones. Such as the Imperial dignitaries.
I'm currently compiling my own list of named characters. Just for reference but it's a mighty long list. I'm using the official site the star wars encyclopedia and decipher cards as reference but this red 6 site has saved me a few hours searching through the decipher site that's for sure.

There's another site that someone posted a link to a while back dedicated to droids. Anyone know which one I'm thinking of? I wouldn't mind having that link. I lost in in a system crash a couple of weeks back and as i only used a link in my favourites to access it I can't remember what it was called. Help?

Kidhuman
08-20-2003, 09:41 AM
Jargo that site has a droid sectin on it. It breaks it down in classifications as well.

Jargo
08-20-2003, 10:55 AM
Jargo that site has a droid section on it. It breaks it down in classifications as well.
Yeah got that, the site I'm thinking of had some different names for droids so I'm trying to cross reference and get the alternate names for characters as well. It's confusing but when i'm done i hope to publish on the net my list and then it'll be useful for when folk want to ask hasbro. Look down the list and you'll find all the names for a certain character and it gets less confusing because then we know what we're talking about if people use an alternate name for a character we all know as someone else. :crazed: I'm going crazy trying to work out a simple way to do all this that's easy to read. I don't want to have big biographies of the characters just a one line description that's got enough information to let people know where in the saga they appeared name and reason for being in the saga. plus if applicable their relationship to other significant characters.
As some may know I'm a bit anoraky when it comes to character names. This has come out of all my wishlists in the dear hasbro section. I just thought it was time to do a comprehensive complete list. I'll keep you posted of my progress......

*Now - names of Mos Espa locals........*

Kidhuman
08-20-2003, 11:32 AM
I gotcha, hence the whats the name of the cookdroid. Now it all makes sense. Look foward to reading the list.