PDA

View Full Version : From micro to macro.....

britcit3
08-18-2003, 10:43 AM
Has anybody else bagged the new Art Asylum Enterprise A yet?

You should - it is beautiful!!

Have a look (next to the also fantastic NX-01).

Bye the way, these 2 ships have wetted my appetite for macro sized Trek vessels - if anybody see any of the old Playmates (Fed & ALien) ships going cheap anywhere, please drop me a line (loose is fine).

Cheerio

BC3

jeddah
08-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Hi BC3,

Very nice indeed...I am a fan of one of the Enterprise ships (not sure about names and such of fed ships) but that Ent A and the NX10 look supercool.

Also, did you repaint your Corvette? Looks a little more weathered and true than my albino one.

:)

jeddah

britcit3
08-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Hi BC3,

Very nice indeed...I am a fan of one of the Enterprise ships (not sure about names and such of fed ships) but that Ent A and the NX10 look supercool.

Also, did you repaint your Corvette? Looks a little more weathered and true than my albino one.

:)

jeddah

Nah - I just left it near a window for about a year - the sun seems to have darkened it a bit.

Cheerio and Ahoy-hoy

BC3

good shot jansen
08-18-2003, 12:40 PM
but being the larger size that it is, i've passed on it time and time again. the ent-a looks very nice as well.

once i receive the playmate ships from vt, i will then pass judgement as to whether or not to collect these larger ships.

i like the print on the wall above your computer screen.

is that templehoff airport in berlin, after the war?

britcit3
08-18-2003, 12:46 PM
but being the larger size that it is, i've passed on it time and time again. the ent-a looks very nice as well.

once i receive the playmate ships from vt, i will then pass judgement as to whether or not to collect these larger ships.

i like the print on the wall above your computer screen.

is that templehoff airport in berlin, after the war?

Hey GSJ

The 2 Ents are really worth having - as I say, I am now after the big boys.

The "print" is actually a real water colour painting of the Midland Grand Hotel - the most famous building in Morecambe (a town just down the road from where I live).

I was actually the manager there for about 6 months about 10 years ago - I found the painting in the cellar under a heap of rubbish - so I asked the hotel owner if I could have it.

The hotel was built in 1933 by the art deco architect Eric Gill - sadly the hotel has been empty for 6 years and is almost derelict - a real eye-sore.

Anyhoo - did those Japanese micros arrive OK?

BC3

LTBasker
08-18-2003, 05:24 PM
I've been contemplating getting the Ent-A from AA, it looks very beautiful up there. Have you compared it to the micro shuttles yet to see how in scale the two are? Seems like they should be pretty in scale..

britcit3
08-18-2003, 05:47 PM
I've been contemplating getting the Ent-A from AA, it looks very beautiful up there. Have you compared it to the micro shuttles yet to see how in scale the two are? Seems like they should be pretty in scale..

Sadly the micros are a bit too big.

BUT the Furuta Klingon BOP is in PERFECT scale with the Ent-A.

So you can relive the battle in Star Trek 6 with General Chang.

Nighty-night

BC3

JediTricks
08-19-2003, 03:13 AM
Looks good, glad to see someone has their hands on the Ent-A finally. Lots more light blue paint than I was expecting though.

Recently, I've actually begun to want Die-Cast sized Trek ships over Macro lately. I'd like to see that size between MM and "Macro" with Trek, it'd be a size for good amounts of detail (both in sculpt and paint) but still have some heft and increased visual display appeal from across the room. I collect all the scales mentioned, but I miss that smaller/middle size that nearly EVERYTHING used to be in.

The biggest downer about displaying the NX-01 alongside my Playmates ships is that it shows just how thick and ugly the Playmates pieces are, they're all chunky and it detracts from the authentic look.

BC3, you can relive the first half of that battle without anything except the Ent-A. :D The BOP in that scene is cloaked up until the Excelsior comes along and blows it up.

AndyW
08-19-2003, 07:46 AM
I got my ent a last week, fantastic, really fantastic. Not as good as the NX, but it looks lovely displayed. The art asylum stuff is really something else, top quality design and accuracy, I love em! :happy:

JediTricks
08-23-2003, 12:47 AM
I just got mine yesterday and think it is as good as the NX-01, although for totally different reasons (for example: NX-01 has better use of paint, 1701-A is the true Enterprise. ;) ... er, I mean "the warp nacelles stay on much better"), and I think it's great that they're in scale with each other. Yes, I'm lame and checked to be sure. :D Now I need a Reliant and an Excelsior.

SWAFMAN
08-23-2003, 02:07 AM
where are folks finding the Ent-A's? Target? Elsewhere?? What are you paying?

JediTricks
08-23-2003, 02:33 AM
Found mine at a local comic shop, paid $35 (which is $15 over retail, but it was an early birthday present and I had to have it). This is the first and only time I've seen it in a store to date.

sergiurusu
08-27-2003, 03:31 AM
Found mine at a local comic shop, paid $35 (which is $15 over retail, but it was an early birthday present and I had to have it). This is the first and only time I've seen it in a store to date.

Interesting!!!

britcit3
09-22-2003, 04:19 AM
Hello

I know that when I have mentioned the UK Sci-Fi comedy show RED DWARF in the past, not many people seem to have seen it (it is VERY funny).

Anyhoo, just thought that 1 or 2 of you may be interested to see that there is an AF-ish version of Starbug due for release next month (I have per-ordered mine).

It even has play features, sounds and mini-figs - should be good.

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/ships/starbug1.html

You can also order it from Sci-Fi Warehouse in the UK.

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
09-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Here is the picture of the Product Enterprise 32cm Die-Cast Eagle box. 13 inches for only 39.99 + shipping. :p

sicqnus
09-23-2003, 12:03 PM
For all the Batman fans, two new very interesting items :
First, a beautiful 1/18 scale Batmobile from the Batman with Michael Keaton for $39.99 at Monsters In Motion.

sicqnus
09-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Second, a cool diorama with two Batmobiles for $26.99 at Monsters In Motion :

sicqnus
09-23-2003, 12:08 PM
sorry, here's the pic.

JediTricks
09-24-2003, 02:04 AM
For all the Batman fans, two new very interesting items :
First, a beautiful 1/18 scale Batmobile from the Batman with Michael Keaton for $39.99 at Monsters In Motion.Hoo doggiiies! What are the details on this? Does the canopy open? I think I must own this!!!

Those Shumacher Batmobiles do absolutely nothing for me.

update - here's the site's page on it, scant details: http://www.monstersinmotion.com/ships/batmobile18th.html
one thing I realized though, the price means it's not an import and they don't mention it's an import, so that means it's a Mattel piece. Very cool!