PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Figures?

Rogue II
08-19-2003, 09:27 AM
Does anyone have a list of figures that have been officially announced for 2004?

Thanks in advance.

Beast
08-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Does anyone have a list of figures that have been officially announced for 2004?

Thanks in advance.
Here's what we have so far. Some of these may show in late 2003.

Basic Figures:
Luke Skywalker - Jabba’s Palace
Captain Antilles (Fans’ Choice #5)
Dengar (With Backpack)
Imperial Dignitary 2
General Dodonna (Fans’ Choice #5)
Rapertunnie
R-3PO - Hoth
R2-D2 with Drink Tray
R1-G4
Hoth trooper - Hoth
Luke Skywalker - Wampa Cave
Obi-Wan - Coruscant Outlander Club
Ayy Vida - Coruscant Outlander Club
Elan Sleazebaggango - Coruscant Outlander Club

Deluxe Figures:
Wampa w/ Wampa Cave
General Riekeen w/ Hoth Radar Screen
Jabba the Hutt w/ Dias
C-3PO w/ Escape Pod

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

WookieWarrior
08-20-2003, 04:57 AM
Sounds so cool. I still hope we get some more Jedi from the arena from AOTC.

JJB what happened to Master Splinter? :confused:

Beast
08-20-2003, 08:48 AM
JJB what happened to Master Splinter? :confused:
In the regular Mirage Universe, he died from an apperant heart attack. Check out the following thread for the info, and for comic scans.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19866

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

KAFOS
08-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Here's what we have so far. Some of these may show in late 2003.

Basic Figures:
Luke Skywalker - Jabba’s Palace
Captain Antilles (Fans’ Choice #5)
Dengar (With Backpack)
Imperial Dignitary 2
General Dodonna (Fans’ Choice #5)
Rapertunnie
R-3PO - Hoth
R2-D2 with Drink Tray
R1-G4
Hoth trooper - Hoth
Luke Skywalker - Wampa Cave
Obi-Wan - Coruscant Outlander Club
Ayy Vida - Coruscant Outlander Club
Elan Sleazebaggango - Coruscant Outlander Club

Deluxe Figures:
Wampa w/ Wampa Cave
General Riekeen w/ Hoth Radar Screen
Jabba the Hutt w/ Dias
C-3PO w/ Escape Pod

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

'drools'

WOWSA, I must be dreaming. General Riekeen has been at the top of my want list for years! Everything sounds great to Kafos.

Master Plo- Koon
08-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Im really looking forward to all the figures coming out, as I have with most all star wars figures to come out. Long live the Star Wars line!

(I had to say that once :) )

Skywalker3319
08-22-2003, 09:43 AM
The Jabbas Palace Luke Really caught my eye, the photo of him, both actual photo and the plot drawings of him, looked awsome.Im also excited about the Hoth Luke, I remember when the first one came out, I was really excited to get him. But yeah, 2004 looks promising. REDEMPTION FOR HASBRO!! ....or at least it seems that way....

JangoFart
08-22-2003, 03:30 PM
In the future, I think that we'll look back fondly on late-2003 and 2004 as one of the great times to be a Star Wars collector. Assuming all or most that was shown gets created and gets to the masses, this is sure to be one of the high points of this hobby. I can't think of another time where so many great, fan-pleasing items were getting produced. I'm quite stoked about the Clone Wars and Saga lines and looking forward to each new item in a way I don't remember being.

But, maybe it's just me.....

J

jjreason
08-22-2003, 04:22 PM
It's very apparent that Hasbro changes their focus in the off-movie years to please the collectors. Look at POTJ leading up to EpII, most of that was for us. For 2002 they used the movie's momentum to sell a bunch of kid-oriented stuff, the action features, etc. Now the kids don't care anymore, so they get back to what we want. That being said, this next year's worth of stuff looks every bit as good as what we got during POTJ, and that's saying an awful lot. I hope the real figures are as good as what we've seen, and aren't too hard to get.

darthzirock
08-28-2003, 02:22 AM
Assuming that I ever actually find any of the proposed 2004 figures at retail, yes, it will be a great time to be collecting Star Wars figures! However, I'm still looking for stuff released this year, and only just this past weekend completed the 2002 basic figure line (the ever-elusive "Ephant Mon"). I'm still looking for the Yoda w/ Super Battle Droid deluxe set! Maybe that's a deluxe set Hasbro can rehash in the new packaging, or in 2004? For that matter, they should feel free to rehash all of the following figures: R2-B1 & Swimming Jar Jar from Episode I; Bo Shek from POTJ; and R2-D2 w/ Hologram Princess Leia from POTF2!

Frankly, unless I see 2003 figures at retail and soon, I won't be bothering with 2004 ones!

cdatkins
08-28-2003, 10:45 AM
For 2002 they used the movie's momentum to sell a bunch of kid-oriented stuff, the action features, etc. Now the kids don't care anymore, so they get back to what we want.

Except Hasbro completely botched the transition from "kid friendly" 2002 to "collector friendly" 2003.

Essentially, from what I can gather, they tried to pawn off all the kid friendly stuff from 2002--that wouldn't sell--all the way into 2003, and retailers couldn't get access to the new stuff in 2003.

TheDarthVader
08-28-2003, 01:39 PM
I am looking forward to buying everything on that list. The only thing I may pass on is the C-3PO with escape pod :rolleyes:. Other than him, I will get everything!!! Just for me!!!!! I am especially excited about Rieekan, Imperial Dignitary, Jabba, and Jedi Knight Luke!