PDA

View Full Version : SSG Forums Party - Who is Interested?

SirSteve
08-19-2003, 06:44 PM
I think it's time to get the SSG Forums Community together under one roof. I have been thinking of having a party at Comic-Con next year. How many of you would SERIOUSLY attend?

Right now, I am thinking of Saturday, July 24th 2004 (in the evening of course).

Kidhuman
08-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Where is it? San Diego or Chitown? I think Chicago might be better becuase it is in the middle of the US. Either way I will seriously try and be there in either place. I already discussed it with the Mrs and she seems okay with going to a convention if finances allow it.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-19-2003, 08:59 PM
I'm THERE!!

I've been going for the last four years and it just keeps getting better so please count me in!! ;)

I'm sure Tycho will be up for it too! :)

C'mon Kid, you know you wanna go to San Diego...nice, sunny San Diego besides, the comic con is much bigger than wizard con anyhow ;)

SirSteve
08-19-2003, 09:43 PM
It would be in San Diego, it is definitely bigger than Wizard World. It's all going to depend on how many people could attend so we'll see how this thread goes. :)

QLD
08-20-2003, 10:14 AM
I'd be interested.....but San Diego is sooooo far from Georgia. If it was a more central location in the middle of the country, I would love to, and definately would attend. But I couldn't make it to San Diego, even if DNA is there. :)

Exhaust Port
08-20-2003, 10:17 AM
The west coast is a bit inconvienent for the east coast folks. Due to the time change you lose a complete day just coming home. Perhaps if it was in a more central location in the future I could go.

SirSteve
08-20-2003, 07:14 PM
I understand what you are saying but there is more to see at Comic-Con than any other show, except for maybe SW Celebration.

Kidhuman
08-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Heck I will go either place, but if more people are ab le to make it to Chicago, then it might be better to have it there. It is smack dab between coasts and all. I want to go to SD but my wife says Chitown. It dont matter to me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2003, 07:37 PM
This sounds like a good idea, but I think Celebration 3 would be a better place for it. I won't make it to Comic Con, but I would not miss C3 for the world. It's most likely gonna be in Indiana again, a much more central location. And a better candidate for a SSG thing. And less travel for you, SirSteve, anyway. ;)

QLD
08-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I am planning to go to Celebration 3. My friend 12" Lando has family in Indiana, and it would make it easy.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-20-2003, 10:00 PM
I'd be interested.....but San Diego is sooooo far from Georgia. If it was a more central location in the middle of the country, I would love to, and definately would attend. But I couldn't make it to San Diego, even if DNA is there. :)

You can stay with me!! :) Sooooo, wouldn't it be worth the trip then I ask you?? ;)

I think that once attended all of you "eastern folk" ;) would come back year after year for this convention because it is so much fun!!

Kidhuman...WHAT is Chitown?? :crazed:

:)

QLD
08-20-2003, 10:33 PM
I would LOVE to.....as San Diego is beautiful. (I did live in Cali for a short time. Irvine, Fullerton.)

But the cost and time it would take me to drive or fly is what would kill me. I would fall into the "double seat" rule if I flew, because I am a big boy! The cost of driving there and back, or the cost of two round trip tickets from Atlanta to Cali would be outrageous, even for you Deoxy!

(psst....but you can still keep sending me naked pictures, my wife will never kno.....*Thud* OUCH!!!!....nevermind.... :( )

SirSteve
08-20-2003, 11:00 PM
We can always do both SDCC and C3. :D

I will need at least 30 people to show up if I am to reserve a place....

Kidhuman
08-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Kidhuman...WHAT is Chitown?? :crazed:

:)

"Chi"-cago is my kind of "town".

Sinatra sang about it, gangsters roamed the streets, Capone ran the town and we could all get to be on Jerry Springer or something. Chicago is much more fun. :crazed:

dr_evazan22
08-21-2003, 01:34 AM
I would love to go, but don't think making it to SD is that realistic for me. Sign me up for C3 though!

2-1B
08-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Have DNA, will travel. ;)

Seriously though, I'm really hoping to make a run to C3 (PLEASE be in Indiana, PLEASE be in Indiana :D ) if only to meet those 2 crazy Georgians. :crazed:

Hell yeah, I'd toast a bunch of you freaks in Chitown '04 or Celebration III '05 but I'll have to sit out San Diego. :)

Good luck in getting this project off the ground!

I can't believe I didn't see SirSteve in chicago 2 weeks ago. :cry:

jjreason
08-21-2003, 02:24 AM
I'd be more likely to make SD, as Im on the west coast. I could likely convince Jodi, she has family near LA, and we've been hankering to get back down there for another visit. I've always wanted to hit that show, better start saving the $ now!

2-1B
08-21-2003, 02:40 AM
Hell, let's just do it at Reason's house . . . tell Jodi there are dozens and dozens of 'net nerds coming over and see what she says. :D

jjreason
08-21-2003, 04:26 AM
It's ON!!!!

Can't wait to see you.... BYOB............

good shot jansen
08-21-2003, 05:31 PM
sounds like great idea steve.

how about doing it a comic con in san diego, and at star wars weekend in orlando?

that would help with the east coasters!

El Chuxter
08-21-2003, 05:47 PM
This would be a pretty cool idea, methinks. I'd probably be available around the time of Comic Con next year. I mean, they can't schedule it on a day I'm getting married twice in a row, can they? :crazed:

CloneTrooperMace
08-21-2003, 07:31 PM
How about Dragon Con?If you do it at C3,count me in.I think IJG will come too.This is great I can meet all of the gang.See you in 2005.This is going to :crazed:,Getting all the members of the SSG in one place at the same time(Cat fighting in background).

-CTM-

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Steve, how much does a booth at a con cost? You could have one at SDCC and C3 (if it's not too much $$$) and people could drop by and mingle. What exactly did you have in mind?

Kidhuman
08-21-2003, 08:47 PM
This would be a pretty cool idea, methinks. I'd probably be available around the time of Comic Con next year. I mean, they can't schedule it on a day I'm getting married twice in a row, can they? :crazed:

Maybe if you get divorced and then remarry............. :eek: :eek: :eek: .

kool-aid killer
08-21-2003, 09:16 PM
It would be cool, but i dont know if i could make it. You should have it in Omaha. We are in the middle of the country you know. Its not a big city (a year or two ago i read it was the 49th largest in the US) but its not a small country town either. Just a thought.

SirSteve
08-22-2003, 12:39 AM
I don't want anyone making a special trip just for this... my thinking is that SDCC is a HUGE event and those that attending could also stop by the party. A booth is not what I had in mind...

InsaneJediGirl
08-22-2003, 11:37 AM
I'd be able to make a SSG Party at C3 but Cali is quite far to travel for myself.Cool idea Steve,I've always wondered if some kind of SSG get together would be held.

Tonysmo
08-26-2003, 02:24 AM
Im still bummed I didnt get to bump into anyone at CII... I doubt Ill be getting to SD anytime soon, but if CIII is held in Indy again, Ill be there, and Ill plan on staying longer if it calls for it. so PARTY ON SSG'ers!

mabudonicus
09-02-2003, 05:19 PM
I am totally interested in meeting the "community" in person, it would be a blast... if we in the lottery I am totally there with JediElf...
Even seeing pics from such an epic nexus would be cool...
Maybe we could do some kind of link-up kinda thing, independent from the cons, in a few different places all at once, more regionally-oriented... (this is just a parallel suggestion, not meant in any way to misdirect this thread, but maybe an idea for a lower-key "meeting")

Darth Cruel
05-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Count me in...color me there...I'm on board...choose your euphemism...I'm there! But the only reason I will go to Comic-Con is to go to the SSG union. The Hell that is the Comic-Con chaos is not worth the show when you can see great coverage right on this website!

Emperor Howdy
05-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Alright, I'm in.

:beard:

:Pirate: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

sith_killer_99
05-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Hmm, I have a big trip planned for Mid July down in Texas then up to Colorado. I just won't be able to do it.

If it goes well, what are the chances of setting something up for C3 next year? The last big SW celebration before the release of the last SW film!!!

I would be all over it! :D

Kidhuman
05-04-2004, 10:47 PM
I thought it was for C3 and not Comic-Con.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-05-2004, 02:43 AM
I thought it was for C3 and not Comic-Con.

this is what I thought too and I think you and I are correct Kidhuman because SirSteve mentioned earlier in this post that more people are closer to Indiana than travelling all the way to the West coast.

I think I might be going now to C3..my friends in St. Louis have talked me into it...woohoooooooooo Let's hope I can get vacation now lol

SirSteve
05-05-2004, 07:59 AM
I'll be covering Comic-Con but yes, the part is for C3. Still looking for a place around there...

Kidhuman
05-05-2004, 09:27 AM
If you want I can scope out some places online for ya Steve. I will pick the most :beard: worthy spot.

sith_killer_99
05-05-2004, 11:16 AM
AAaarrrgh, that's what I get for only reading the first 4-5 posts.

Anyway, count me in for C3! As long as I'm still here.

SirSteve
05-05-2004, 05:14 PM
If you want I can scope out some places online for ya Steve. I will pick the most :beard: worthy spot.
Are you in Indianapolis?

Kidhuman
05-05-2004, 06:24 PM
No. About 13 hours away. :beard:

Turbowars
05-05-2004, 07:07 PM
LOL, there goes that idea. I would have gone to the SD Comic Con Party, but can't make it to the C3

2-1B
05-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Steve, will you be in Chicago for Wizard World again this year ?
I'd like to buy you a few shots plus a few more since I didn't see you last year.
And I want to get a picture with you.
Let me know . . .

Turbowars
05-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Steve, we should at least set a time to meet up at the SDCC. I'd like to meet some of these guys.:classic: How about making one of those badges up like you did a few years ago with our user Name. You know what I mean?

SirSteve
05-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Steve, we should at least set a time to meet up at the SDCC. I'd like to meet some of these guys.:classic: How about making one of those badges up like you did a few years ago with our user Name. You know what I mean?
If there is enough interest, I could...

SirSteve
05-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Steve, will you be in Chicago for Wizard World again this year ?
I'd like to buy you a few shots plus a few more since I didn't see you last year.
And I want to get a picture with you.
Let me know . . .
Yes, I'll be there. Free shots? When and where? :D

E-mail me when it gets closer... Thanks.

SirSteve
05-06-2004, 12:58 AM
No. About 13 hours away. :beard:
Someone sent a list of places a while back, was that you? I still have it and plan on checking it out.

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 10:38 AM
It might have been me, I know I looked at some places on Indy's website.

Turbowars
05-06-2004, 12:06 PM
If there is enough interest, I could...I just mean at a time and place for a short while to meet up. It doesn't have to be a party, infact I rather it not. Like everyone meet up at the Hasbro booth at so and so time wearing their SSG badge.

evenflow
05-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Honestly, if i could get there I would be down.

rust
05-06-2004, 09:23 PM
I'll go if its at Wizard World or Celebration 3.

QLD
05-07-2004, 01:11 AM
I plan on going to C3 with my friend 12" Lando, since he is from Indiana. I would love to meet up with everyone there! Especially Caesar!

SirSteve
05-10-2004, 10:04 AM
I just mean at a time and place for a short while to meet up. It doesn't have to be a party, infact I rather it not. Like everyone meet up at the Hasbro booth at so and so time wearing their SSG badge.
Let's get a large group and rush the Hasbro booths! :)

sith_killer_99
05-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Hehehehe....

How many booths will Hasbro have? Does anyone know? I've never really done these conventions before. My first and only experience was GenCon Indy last year. I mostly went for the Silver Fett and to meet Jermey Bullock and Kenny Baker.

My wife and I went, we waited in line for about an hour and a half and stayed just as long. :( Once I had hit Paizo and the autographs section I was pretty much done. We did walk around and look at all the cool stuff. Then we got into a car accident on the way home. :rolleyes: Needless to say it was not the time of our lives. :mad:

Anyway, I am looking forward to C3, it promises to be much better, as it is geared specifically towards Star Wars. At GenCon everyone kept asking us how long we had been gaming, etc. All we could say is "We're just here for Star Wars", then we would get strange looks...like we're the wierd ones. Hehehehe...LOL :crazed:

Kidhuman
05-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Let's get a large group and rush the Hasbro booths! :)

And leave a card that just says........

:beard:

silentsteel70
05-11-2004, 10:14 PM
I know my Hubby would love to attend any Star wars party (this is SS70's Mrs!) but unfortunately he will be overseas, for 18 months (deployment) I for one think it sucks real big time, but he has to do what he has to do!! :cry: and I will miss him more than I can say...but when he does come back we will be loaded :D , as I am a tight wad, and I won't be spending any of his money at all!! LOL so if y'all are planning anything for the summer of 2006 please let us know!!

and he will have loads of 'pressies to 'open' when he gets back...I do have to keep up with the new figures coming out while his away (maybe we ought to get a bigger place! ;) )

Mneopey
05-17-2004, 07:42 PM
I am very suprised that Star Wars fans would attempt to have a Party. I would assume that you all know that it would immediately be ended by Mace Windu, and the weekend would be over!

THIS PARTYS OVER!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-17-2004, 09:13 PM
I wish and pray that I can find the time off to attend C3 when it comes about a year from now. Employment is the main factor into whether I can make it or not. If I do get a job that I so desire than the probability is low, however if another year goes by and I am still not hired (like many a college graduate I know :mad: ) then yes is the answer. $ is not a factor. Myself, Kidhuman, The 'Xir' and a few others are hoping to carpool our way to the Hoosier State.

It would be cool to go if only to see the faces behind the personalities, especially the elusive JJB and Caesar who haven't yet showed their mugs to the forum. (Methinks I know a perfectly good reason not to :D )

The 'Xir
06-21-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm still working on getting my friend to hook us up with a deal! For rooms and a meeting place for a possible SSG party at C3! It would most likely be at the Indianapolis Wyndham! About 15min from Downtown/RCA Dome!!! I'm, trying to get info out of her, but she's been lagging on it! I'll ask her again today! So If you haven't got a room yet in the area, email me at al45sixsir@aol.com and let me know if you'd be interested in going in on this group rate! And trust me the prices she's been talking about, It will be cheaper than anything else you can find, unless you also have a friend in the hotel biz as well! ;)

SirSteve
06-22-2004, 10:16 AM
That would be great! As soon as you find out, e-mail me!

SirSteve
03-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Any update on this?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Any update on this?
There's a thread in the Conventions section. As far as I know, we're going to Steak n Shake (read the other thread for more details).

Kenobi
06-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I would love to attend something like this!

So count me in!

ananag
06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
I might be new and green but count me in.

scruffziller
06-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Already had the party at Celebration 3.

moye
07-11-2005, 06:52 PM
I am a pop culture journalist and Star Wars fan who would love to attend.

I hope I am worthy of this great force.

Slicker
07-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Already had the party at Celebration 3.Ahem...Moye. Already been done at CIII.