PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get the latest issue of the Insider with pics of the new Jabba?

Turbowars
08-19-2003, 07:28 PM
I heard he would be in the new issue and it was reported that someone on the SSG staff got it, but a pic was never posted. Is it because of the copy right law? At least tell us about?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2003, 07:38 PM
The issue arriving now is #70. Jabba will be in #71, unfortunately.

Turbowars
08-19-2003, 07:44 PM
The issue arriving now is #70. Jabba will be in #71, unfortunately.
Crap, I heard wrong. Well I bet we will see him before issue #71 on line.

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 08:13 AM
One NICE thing they reported, however, is that Hasbro will be releasing a super-articulated Clone Trooper later this year or early next year.

Sadly, I just saw the Clone Wars Value packs. They have the commander and lieutenant as well as a grunt packed in as a bonus figure to a primary figure of Anakin, Yoda or the ARC Trooper. Those are supposed to be exclusives but to whom they are going I haven't a clue.

*shrug*

I'll probably pass on these but will definitely get a few of the super-articulated ones.

Jedi Tech
08-20-2003, 08:16 AM
One NICE thing they reported, however, is that Hasbro will be releasing a super-articulated Clone Trooper later this year or early next year.

Sadly, I just saw the Clone Wars Value packs. They have the commander and lieutenant as well as a grunt packed in as a bonus figure to a primary figure of Anakin, Yoda or the ARC Trooper. Those are supposed to be exclusives but to whom they are going I haven't a clue.

*shrug*

I'll probably pass on these but will definitely get a few of the super-articulated ones.

Where did you see these JEDIpartnr?

Jargo
08-20-2003, 08:28 AM
I have a feeling the value packs (which are re-released first issue red clonetrooper w/ cannon) are the super articulated version. I thought it was odd that hasbro would make a new figure but this is obviously their answer. Shove out the original saga clonetrooper with rank colours. Don't think we'll be seeing anymore clonetroopers after these for a long time.

DarthBrandon
08-20-2003, 09:04 AM
I have a feeling the value packs (which are re-released first issue red clonetrooper w/ cannon) are the super articulated version. I thought it was odd that hasbro would make a new figure but this is obviously their answer. Shove out the original saga clonetrooper with rank colours. Don't think we'll be seeing anymore clonetroopers after these for a long time.
Found them, not very impressive though.

Thanks EJ

Sentinel18725
08-20-2003, 09:31 AM
With these value packs being posted before the sale of the new figures I might just wait to buy these so I've got a variety of Clone troopers!

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Actually... these were also posted on the front page of SSG... ;)

Jargo
08-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Um, erm, yeah, that's wot i ment too say, darn typo. Neva woz mutch gud att spolling.... :sur:

KAFOS
08-20-2003, 05:17 PM
Since I've always had a soft spot for the SW beasts, I'm looking foward to seeing the new Jabba. And its about time I say, that we get a DECENT(hoping) ROTJ Jabba The Hutt.

By the looks of the new Wampa sculpt, I have total faith in this new Jabba. :D

TheDarthVader
08-20-2003, 05:39 PM
Don't put too much faith in this blob Jabba they are constructing...the ability to finally make a good Jabba is insignificant next to the power of the force. :crazed:

I am hoping that the Jabba is awesome too! I passed on the first one. I also passed on the first wampa. Thank goodness they are making another wampa because I could not find the first one! I will be getting this jabba and the new wampa.

KAFOS
08-20-2003, 05:48 PM
Don't put too much faith in this blob Jabba they are constructing...the ability to finally make a good Jabba is insignificant next to the power of the force. :crazed:

I am hoping that the Jabba is awesome too! I passed on the first one. I also passed on the first wampa. Thank goodness they are making another wampa because I could not find the first one! I will be getting this jabba and the new wampa.

LOL

Yeah I never found the Wampa either, which ticked me off since I've ALWAYS wanted one:(

Jargo
08-20-2003, 07:12 PM
I bought one just recently from collectors gallery online and then they go and make an awesome new one that kicks the butt of my expensive aquisition and makes me regret buying the pile of retarded plastic poop. That'll teach me to be greedy i guess.
Well jabba will consist of the bottom bit from a former jabba with bent round tail and the top half will be new I think. Hopefully with articulated arms. We know he's going to have a removable tongue and come with his hookah pipe and his backrest. So i would hazard a guess and say he'll have the vintage jabbas tail. Or he'll have the woeful Jabba glob jabba's tail. I'd prefer him not to have his tail linked to an action feature like turn his head or arm and the tail moves. I'd prefer his tail to just be articulated and allow me to place it how I want it. Two or three joints with one for the end of his tail that's a ball joint so it can be pointed upwards like he's annoyed. Ball jointed shoulders and bicep and elbow joints. Wrist joints. Glassy looking eyes like the vintage one and not like the POTF2 one. The right colour scheme. The right height and girth. The ability to hold his pipe or a Gorg. (chuba means 'stupid' in huttese, not 'frog') And the ability to stay in any position i put him without flicking out of that position. He just has to look good and stay put. Don't need a kung fu whiplash action jabba tail. Don't need a karate chop action feature jabba. Just a good old plain well articulated figure of a crime lord slug with a penchant for semi naked dancing girls. Got that hasbro?

KAFOS
08-20-2003, 07:48 PM
I bought one just recently from collectors gallery online and then they go and make an awesome new one that kicks the butt of my expensive aquisition and makes me regret buying the pile of retarded plastic poop. That'll teach me to be greedy i guess.
Well jabba will consist of the bottom bit from a former jabba with bent round tail and the top half will be new I think. Hopefully with articulated arms. We know he's going to have a removable tongue and come with his hookah pipe and his backrest. So i would hazard a guess and say he'll have the vintage jabbas tail. Or he'll have the woeful Jabba glob jabba's tail. I'd prefer him not to have his tail linked to an action feature like turn his head or arm and the tail moves. I'd prefer his tail to just be articulated and allow me to place it how I want it. Two or three joints with one for the end of his tail that's a ball joint so it can be pointed upwards like he's annoyed. Ball jointed shoulders and bicep and elbow joints. Wrist joints. Glassy looking eyes like the vintage one and not like the POTF2 one. The right colour scheme. The right height and girth. The ability to hold his pipe or a Gorg. (chuba means 'stupid' in huttese, not 'frog') And the ability to stay in any position i put him without flicking out of that position. He just has to look good and stay put. Don't need a kung fu whiplash action jabba tail. Don't need a karate chop action feature jabba. Just a good old plain well articulated figure of a crime lord slug with a penchant for semi naked dancing girls. Got that hasbro?

Word.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Something as important as Jabba shouldn't be ignored in any way shape or form. Listen to Jargo Hasbro, please!

RooJay
10-21-2003, 01:34 PM
I'm really surprised that apparently no one has posted their thoughts on the Saga Jabba photo yet. Has no one else managed to get ahold of the latest Insider but me?!
Anyway, from what I've seen so far I haven't been very impressed. The fiugre is basically a repaint of the Episode 1 Jabba Glob figure with more accurate colors, perhaps different materials, a hookah pipe, an a tongue protruding from his mouth and some "slime" molded to the sides. The Insider issue didn't seem to make much mention of a dias being including with the figure, or anything much else for that matter. I sincerely hope that the finished product is capable of retracting his tongue, and hopefully not by means of some distracting button on the back of his head.

darthzirock
10-22-2003, 11:39 PM
RooJay, I got my copy of Insider #71 last week, but had already seen the pix of Saga Jabba at GH. Actually, even though it's just a gussied-up version of the Episode I Jabba Glop figure, remember that that figure was, in fact, based on the original Kenner ROTJ Jabba.

The Saga "Ultra" Jabba figure will come with the hookah, a few chubbahs, and a removable tongue. When you remove the tongue, it leaves a hole just big enough to fit the end of the hookah pipe in his mouth. There won't be a dias base for him. (Remember? We already got a dias base in the POTF2 3-D Jabba's Palace Display Diorama with Han Solo in Carbonite!)

So, is this thing worthy of the $10-$12 we'll plunk down for it? Based on the few photos we've seen, I think so. Given that there will be more ROTJ-based figures next year--including the possibility of a revised Jabba's throne room playset--I'd say we need to see it for ourselves (or at least better pictures of it) before we write it off as a waste of plastic.