PDA

View Full Version : Super-articulated Clone Trooper to be released!

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 09:15 AM
The lastest INSIDER stated that Hasbro is currently working on and planning to release a super-articulated Clone Trooper at the end of this year or towards the beginning of the next year!

Yeah!!! :D

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Here's to hoping the release colour variants on these as well!!!

password
08-20-2003, 01:54 PM
I have seen a prototype of this fig, and it rocks!

14 points of articulation!!!

It will be released as a white trooper although it should easy enough for Hasbro to vary the colors.

Jargo
08-20-2003, 02:24 PM
Hmmmm (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=273212&postcount=6), three packs, value packs and then a single carded clontrooper... can't see that happening. The original single carded red stripe clonetrooper has twelve points of articulation. They're using this as the basis for the value pack clonetroopers. What's the point of putting out a single white clonetrooper with just two more points? All they could add is pin-joint elbows. Woo. :rolleyes: There are so many other characters that are being neglected as it is what's the point of milking the clonetroopers to the detriment of new characters?

password
08-20-2003, 02:38 PM
The single carded Clone Trooper has already been announced (in SW Insider, WWC, SDCC, etc). It is also shown on the 2003/2004 catalog that first had pics of the new stuff.

It is also in Clone Wars case assortments on EE.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2003, 02:41 PM
[There are so many other characters that are being neglected as it is what's the point of milking the clonetroopers to the detriment of new characters?

I can see why Hasbro is doing this. It's a smart move on their part because look at how many completionists there are. People may grumble about another cloney, but many will still gobble them up because it's one more thing they have to have. Look at some of the posts in the clone wars section. Forumites have talked about buying dozens of clonetroopers for army building and variant collecting purposes. Hasbro will sell tons of these.

Now, I'm with you Jargo. I think they should give the clonetrooper fabrication a rest and get to making new characters.

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 03:05 PM
I think these are a great addition to the Commtech Stormtroopers packs. I'm sure we'll see these single carded and then bundled as four-packs available through various e-tailers.

These are the reason I am not going all crazy about the Value Packs or the Clone Trooper army builders. I'm saving my dough for these!

:happy:

password
08-20-2003, 03:14 PM
In addition, the SA Trooper will be in a neutral pose.

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 03:49 PM
...precisely! :happy:

Val Da Car
08-20-2003, 05:52 PM
I want to see these new clonetroopers to compare them to the $3 Red Clone troopers in mass quantities at my nearby KBToys.

I figured I could repaint the Red ones to all of the necessary colors for army building.

KAFOS
08-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Very cool!!! :cool: I've been using the preview CT, but this one might take the cake when it comes out. Here is hoping for an Army Builder set in the future:).

Hellboy
08-20-2003, 09:57 PM
These are the reason I am not going all crazy about the Value Packs or the Clone Trooper army builders. I'm saving my dough for these!

:happy:

Well I'd be doing that as well but with the way things change over at Hasbro I don't want to take the chance of not getting some Clonetroopers at retail prices. I'm just going to limit the amount I buy until I hear more info. and hope this figure is produced and released in large enough quantities to satisfy us all.

JEDIpartner
08-21-2003, 09:16 AM
I have a feeling that these will show up in 4-pack boxed deals as the Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper and Endor Soldiers have. Most sources sold those packs for $17.99-$19.99 USD and that's not a bad price. Considering this is a Clone Trooper, I think Hasbro realises the appeal to both kids and collectors. I don't feel this would be another fiasco like Ephant Mon. I think these would be readily available. I'll probably just add a couple more onto my KEBco order once they come available. Those are only a buck higher than retail. Not so bad for not having to run around looking for new stuff.

Tycho
08-21-2003, 01:42 PM
I don't know if they'll want to liquidate their SA Clones in value packs.

I'm making the scenes from Kamino and the end of the movie with Palpatine overlooking his troops, and I need marching Clones.

If the SA White CloneTrooper can be put in a marching pose, I could very realistically see myself buying at least 40 of them while hitting every store I could in the morning, never letting one of them sit on a peg past 8:05 am!

I did likewise with the Sneak Preview Clone amounting to 35 of them.

As to the what would be good for me? An un-articulated Marching Clone in a combo-pack that would cost me less to assemble groups of 10 and 30 of them for less than $200 because there is other SW I want to buy.

Many of you have Emperor Arrival Scenes out there, and you know what you went through to get Imperial Officers, Bikerscouts, Stormtroopers, etc.

As to the value packs: I don't plan to buy Anakin, Yoda, or the ARC Trooper carded, so I can add unique guys to my Clones every time I make a purchase of these regular CW line figures. I won't get many as I don't think I'll buy Yoda, and I want only 3 ARC Troopers and Anakins in that style to recreate several scenes from the CW comic books to see how they 'd have looked as "a movie."

All I know is there are a few people around here who hate my collecting style, and there are a few more people around here who collect the same way as I do, so at least in San Diego the competition will be fierce for the SA Clones and those who snooze will lose!

I have no idea what shipping would cost on 40 ordered online. If all in one purchase, it might be a bargain. So for those who hate my collecting style (and incidently don't live in SD but just must think I'm a bad influence on someone in their area), I'll look into online ordering.

However, the final success of the figure comes down to Hasbro: will they ship straight cases of the SA Clone or will a 3-to-a-case leave 117 pegwarmers from amongst other newer or older figures, in the wak of the 8am Army Builders out there?

I will personally write Hasbro now to ship straight cases of the SA Clone.

It's the only way. 4 cases of straight Clones would be 48, and there'd be something on the rack left behind me and others like myself.

A new SKU for that case, and there would be 4 new cases ordered by Target's computer after I leave, and the next morning (or within a week after) while I sleep in, my wallet might be empty, but the stores' pegs would be full again!

Let the Army Builders make SW profitable, but not to the detriment of the hobby by leaving pegwarmers in their wake.

Let everybody who wants to army build, do it.

Make it affordable by making marching Clone multi-packs so somebody can recreate the movie without dropping 200. It would cost $130 ( 70 bucks less) if we could get multi-packs of marching Clones.

70 bucks is a whole wave of 12" figures!

And $200 to drop on SW in one month hurts almost every collector (but don't even talk to me about April 23, 2002 - I'm still paying that off my credit card!)

So I'm all for the SA Clone. If shipped right, it won't interfere with ANY other action figure you might want getting made and stocked.

It's all up to the case assortments now.

Get it right this time Hasbro!

(4 Gunship Pilots to a case OR A GUNSHIP, and 3 pegwarming Jango Pilots or Padme Pilots left behind from every soul who bought a Gunship vehicle! Did we learn anything, Hasbro?)

Kidhuman
08-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Tycho you are too funny. Your collecting style doesnt bother me a bit since I live 3000 miles from you. Go toTarget and snatch away.

You are right about the case assortments though. With army builders they need to ship staright cases of them all. Even as a kid playing with the vintage line, I had alot more stormies(Hoth and regular) bikers, and Tuskens than anything else. So kids that do collect should want more of these to play with. It is hard to be attacked by one "super" trooper when playing with them. :D

jedi master sal
08-21-2003, 04:36 PM
You go Tycho! I'm pretty much of the same mind. I bought every preview clone I could find until I finally said "okay that's enough of those"...I'll be going nuts for the SA clone. This should have been a no brainer from the begining. Tons of Clones, RED battle droids and even geonosian warriors, would have been great and would have ensured a successful financial period for Hasbro. At least with regards to SW figs.

Tycho, I'm glad I don't live in your area, as we'd be in STIFF competition for who gets how many....I'm also glad I'm one of the few HUGE army collectors in my area. There's competition yes, but with me going to 20-30 stores a week, few can keep up. Finally, I'm glad that I worked myself into a great job so that I can afford all this stuff.

Oh, yeah and Tycho, I spent almost $700 myself on 4/23 so I know what you mean.

JEDIpartner
08-26-2003, 10:55 AM
It would probably be a lucrative thing for Hasblah to pack a wave of nothing but Clone Wars army builders. If there were a dozen per box:

7 Clone Troopers (Super-Articulated)
3 Battle Droids (red)
1 Destroyer Droid (Episode I version w/Saga "head")
1 Geonosian Warrior

That would be MY ideal spread. :happy:

sith_killer_99
08-26-2003, 06:23 PM
These "value packs" are going to make it hard to keep up. Super articulated clone(s), three pack clones (green, red, blue and yellow), clone pilots, red clones, preview clones. I will definatly have a major ARMY after Hasbro gets through!

Yep, I plan on buying plenty of these, one carded, and at least one to open. I can't even keep count! :D

jedi master sal
08-27-2003, 11:51 AM
These "value packs" are going to make it hard to keep up. Super articulated clone(s), three pack clones (green, red, blue and yellow), clone pilots, red clones, preview clones. I will definatly have a major ARMY after Hasbro gets through!

Yep, I plan on buying plenty of these, one carded, and at least one to open. I can't even keep count! :D

Here's a thread on the complete list to date (Aug 27, 2003) of all known HASBRO variants (plus some other types at the end of the list):

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=274745&goto=postid