PDA

View Full Version : Value Packs?

Battle Droid
08-20-2003, 09:00 AM
Are those Bonus Clonetroopers repainted AOTC Red Clonetroopers? :eek:

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=35&show_article=15

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-20-2003, 09:56 AM
They look similar to the Red Clone. Looks like I'll be passing on the single carded CW figures and hunting for these suckers...

Battle Droid
08-20-2003, 09:57 AM
If those are indeed repainted Reds, it makes those Limited Articulated one's pretty useless now.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2003, 10:02 AM
Someone mentioned in a Saga thread that these might be exclusives. Anyone know for sure if they are and if so who'll get them? Release date?

Beast
08-20-2003, 10:06 AM
According to Galactic Hunter:

Clone Wars Value Packs
8/20/2003 1:33:20 AM | Reported by Mike

The mystery of the yellow Clone Trooper, last seen at Hasbro's Press Event , has finally been solved as Slave 1 Japan gives the heads up on the new Clone Wars Value Packs, currently up for sale by robochris.com. The retailer Fall '03 exclusive --- which retailers in particular we don't know at this time --- features Clone Wars Anakin, Yoda, and ARC Trooper packaged with a blue lieutenant, yellow commander, and white grunt respectively. The Clone Trooper looks to be the same sculpt as 2002's red sergeant version. Click on through for images and discussion!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
08-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Exclusive!?!?!? That figures, they always make the good stuff exclusive. :rolleyes:

jedi master sal
08-20-2003, 11:55 AM
OOOOh, I was itchin' to get these even if they were the limited pose ones from the clone packs, but if these are the ultra poseable red repaints.... A big LOUD YIPPEE! There will be no clones to be found in my area!

Two big questions now though.

Whether or not these are the ultra articulated one or not will there be a green one and another red one? At least they should do the green one. Maybe with Obi-wan or Mace.
And why oh why Hasbro, do you have to go making something like this EXCLUSIVE. Shoot themselves in the foot they have, as a Jedi Master may be inclined to saying. There is no excuse for this. They should be made available to every retailer who wants them. I am SURE there will be a heavy demand and with all of the past months of delivery and distribution problems, Hasbro is opening up another can of worms.

Whomever, got the exclusive with this will be very happy non one hand because this will definitely be a cash cow. But on the other hand they are going to get sick of hearing from collectors as to why their stores don't have them in stock. IMHO, there's no way these babies will pegwarm. I'm still going to buy the single carded version of the CW figures, but I will jump at the chance for these bonus packs. As long as they are reasonable priced and more so if they are the articulated version of the red clone.

A good price would be $8 limited articulation and $10 great articulation, IMO.

You know that the singles will go for $5 s another fig is reasonable at either $3 for the lesser quality or $5 for the MUCH better quality.

Hasbro is doing some good here by making these, just that DANG exclusivity, is what bothers me.

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 12:46 PM
Hasbro is doing some good here by making these, just that DANG exclusivity, is what bothers me.
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20843

icatch9
08-20-2003, 02:00 PM
The word value is what bothers me. How much do you think these will cost? Will they be the normal $5, so your basically getting a fig free. Will they be $7.00 so at least you get it at a reduced rate. If it's $10 than there is no value as your are not saveing anything.

I don't care who carries it as I don't have a problem going to differnt stores. As long as they are not hard to find.

jedi master sal
08-20-2003, 04:02 PM
The word value is what bothers me. How much do you think these will cost? Will they be the normal $5, so your basically getting a fig free. Will they be $7.00 so at least you get it at a reduced rate. If it's $10 than there is no value as your are not saveing anything.

I don't care who carries it as I don't have a problem going to differnt stores. As long as they are not hard to find.

Now you know Hasbro isn't just going to throw money away and give this too us for $5. I think we'd be lucky to get this for $7-8. I'm betting that it sells for $9-10. Especially if it is the super articulated extra clone we've been hearing about.

JangoFart
08-20-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm PLENTY stoked about these dudes! They display so well and will break up the monotony of single carded figures by having the cards connected - unlike the K-Mart packs which pressed none of my buttons.

The only thing that bothers me is, as a carded collector, what the heck kinda star case will I have to find to store these in? Maybe an SLU Doubles case sitting on it's side, instead of upright. (Which, by the way, works perfectly for a carded CommTech Reader.)

Any of you folks collect non-Star Wars related carded figs? Any ideas of what kind of case these can potentially be put in?

J

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2003, 04:54 PM
This is very weird . . . why the hell would they release the basic figures, then release them again in the same month with an extra clone? It's an okay idea, but that depends on who gets it. It's just a red repaint (easy to tell). I'd like it more, maybe, if they were packaged like the KB four-packs instead, with each figure on an individual card but in larger packaging. Then the image wouldn't be all screwy and we'd still get the same cardback pics and stuff from Ani, Yoda and ARC. I might get these, but definitely the ARC and plain white one.

JangoFart
08-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Yes, JabbaJohnL, the Arc and white one is a gimme - gotta have that one. However, I kinda dig on the cardbacks being different than the regular figs. Gives it more of a "collectibility" - IMO.

J

El Chuxter
08-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Interesting. :) I hope the store that carries these gets plenty of them. The ARC-Trooper/"Grunt" pack is a nice little army builder and much cooler than the 3-pack of statues in poses that don't look good on more than one figure. It's nice that soon I may actually be able to have plenty of Clonetroopers for my five Sergeants to command! :crazed:

Sentinel18725
08-20-2003, 07:54 PM
I for one am happy that they are announcing this early instead of later after the figures aren't moving. I'll have to wait to see what they look like to see if I get both or just these versions. I already have two of the three packs (colorless and blue). Just keep sending them boys!

Hellboy
08-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Well I'm not sure whether to get excited or upset about this. I'm glad we're getting these re-paints (if in fact that is what they are) but attaching the cards seems like a ploy to get carded collectors to buy more of the same stuff they already have and army builders will be stuck with multiple Anakin's and Yoda's. Unfortunately I fall into both catagories and can't understand why Hasbro would not make these Clonetrooper's available as individually carded figures? :confused: If these value packs are readily available this could lead to the individually carded Yoda and Anakin becoming major pegwarmers because people will hold out and try to buy them in this form instead. I'm also upset that these were announced only after the last 3 waves of Clone 3-packs were released. If I knew this was a possibility I wouldn't have bought multiples of these packs. The only thing they did seem to do right was to pack the all white grunt with the Arc Trooper. Seeing as how these exclusives resemble something K-Mart or KB would do I can't see as how they would be a value since these stores usually charge more for there SW toys in the first place. Lets hope these get picked up by Target so we all get a chance at finding these at retail for a reasonable price. :(

plasticfetish
08-20-2003, 10:46 PM
I for one am happy that they are announcing this early instead of later ...
Did I miss something? Did anybody really announce that "we" would be getting these figures on these cards? As far as I understand, someone's merely spotted these on a Japanese website. Any one know if we're really getting this? For all we know they may just be "exclusive" to Japan.

At any rate, I agree with JangoFart ... (if we do get them) this new card type is cool and will display great.

kool-aid killer
08-21-2003, 07:10 AM
These are kind of cool but i wonder if we will see them and from which retailer. I wouldnt mind it being Target because they seem to be tops when looking for new figures. I doubt it would be KB, they have too many pegwarmers and even with them on sale they cant move much. The yellow and basic clone are the ones i really want.

jedi master sal
08-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Interesting. :) I hope the store that carries these gets plenty of them. The ARC-Trooper/"Grunt" pack is a nice little army builder and much cooler than the 3-pack of statues in poses that don't look good on more than one figure. It's nice that soon I may actually be able to have plenty of Clonetroopers for my five Sergeants to command! :crazed:

I hear ya brother. My 15 Captains and 2 Leiutenants need some more guys to order around. Their kinda gettin' tired of the 19 preview clones and the (gawd) 8 - 3 pack of white Clones I already have.

Whoo-hoo, I am SO STOKED as well about these. I plan on buying the single carded version of the CW figs anyway. This will just help me boost my armies!

I'll probably just give away my extra Anakins and Yodas, but I'm cool with that.

LTBasker
08-21-2003, 02:01 PM
I'll probably just give away my extra Anakins and Yodas, but I'm cool with that.

You a carded and loose collector too? I thought about how to do this without too many extras. I figure One basic carded figure for the carded collection, then two multipack versions (one to open and one to keep carded). This way you get the two card versions but don't have to worry about insane extras right away. Hopefully they'll split the 3 (hopefully all 5) clones to other Jedi figures so for armies we don't have to buy Anakin or Yoda over and over.

The ARC Trooper isn't a problem though, already thought about getting multiples of him for a squad. :D

RooJay
08-21-2003, 06:28 PM
This almost seems to good to be true, and you know what 'they' say about that kind of thing. Think about it for a minute - that'd be an example of Hasbro actually doing something that makes sense!
I'm almost positive at this point that these will most certainly, and even more unfortunately ship well after the individual carded figures. Those of us who collect to open (and who would have absolutely no use for more than one Clone Wars Anakin) will have to make a choice of whether or not to pass on the single cards and risk possibly missing out on them if the "Value Packs" are not widely available (or worse yet - not available in the US at all!), or snatching up the single carded figures and being forced to re-buy the same figures again just to get those freakin' cool clones.

Sucks.

El Chuxter
08-21-2003, 06:34 PM
You could always pick up the single carded figures and leave them unopened to return or trade just in case.

I'm 100% sure that Anakin and Yoda will be pretty big pegwarmers, at least until the cartoon starts. The ARC Trooper may be a different story, but there are, what, fifty or so of them?

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Accually I thought there were only 3 of them and 2 got wiped out in some Kamino battle and now there's only 1 left....... But some Expanded Expanded universe thing there could be a whole army of these bad boys...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Accually I thought there were only 3 of them and 2 got wiped out in some Kamino battle and now there's only 1 left....... But some Expanded Expanded universe thing there could be a whole army of these bad boys...
There's at least one white one, one red one, and one blue one. Insider #69 had a pic of a regular white ARC and a red-accented ARC, then there's of course the blue-accented ARC that's the figure. I don't know about the comics, though. If there was only one left after the battle of Kamino, which took place soon after the battle of Geonosis, then there could be only one for the battle of Muunilist (the cartoons, which take place like 6 months after Geonosis), and I've seen artwork for at least two. Either way, I'll buy several. :)

RooJay
08-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Keep my action figures in the package?! That's nuts! :crazed: Nope, I'd much rather they just release the suckers in decent quantities at the same time as the single carded versions.

In regards to ARC Troopers and their numbers, perhaps there had been more in training while the first few were doing their thing and gettin' all killed and stuff. Maybe some of those clones we saw training while Obi Wan was getting his tour of the meat factory were actually practicing to be Arkies.

jedi master sal
08-22-2003, 09:28 AM
There were more than three. During the Battle for Kamino, the Kaminoans didn't have a strong defense as most clones were not fully trained. The ARC troopers had been, but were put into stasis because of their nature. That being that they were the closest thing to Jango ote than Boba. They were the least tampered with genetically and have very independent minds.

They were deemed too dangerous to just have running about and therefore were put into stasis until needed.

Well, the Battle for Kamino was just the catalyst to reanimate them. The Kaminoans didn't have time to awaken all of the ARC Troopers and tha't's why we only see three of them during the battle, and yes only one survived. The Red and White ones mentioned for the cartoon, obviously do not follow the same story, as there was no mention of different levels of ARC troopers in the comics.

I hope that explains it well enough.

JangoFart
08-22-2003, 03:34 PM
I see you read the comics too, JMS. With the exception of Durge, I have been really enjoying the Clone Wars comics. I also like the "Empire" series, although it appears to have no direction; as it's story lines are all over the place. Still good, just disorganized.

J

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-22-2003, 06:47 PM
There were more than three. During the Battle for Kamino, the Kaminoans didn't have a strong defense as most clones were not fully trained. The ARC troopers had been, but were put into stasis because of their nature. That being that they were the closest thing to Jango ote than Boba. They were the least tampered with genetically and have very independent minds.

They were deemed too dangerous to just have running about and therefore were put into stasis until needed.

Well, the Battle for Kamino was just the catalyst to reanimate them. The Kaminoans didn't have time to awaken all of the ARC Troopers and tha't's why we only see three of them during the battle, and yes only one survived. The Red and White ones mentioned for the cartoon, obviously do not follow the same story, as there was no mention of different levels of ARC troopers in the comics.

I hope that explains it well enough.

Thanks for clearing that up!

BTW JangoFart I've been reading Empire too and I think it would be cool to release a figure of the main character in each one or the comics... I mean we might get Tatooine Biggs and that cool Actor dude (can't remember his name) and even an Empire Boba Fett would be ok as long as it's not a dumb repack or something like that....