PDA

View Full Version : Best Game System

Arrogant Arse
08-20-2003, 12:37 PM
I was wondering, what is the best game system for Star Wars games. I have it narrowed down to the PS-2 and X-Box. X-Box seems to have more SW games than PS-2, so X-Box seems to be in the lead. What are the games like, and how difficult are they.

Thanks

AA

Darth Nihilus
08-20-2003, 01:03 PM
I was wondering, what is the best game system for Star Wars games. I have it narrowed down to the PS-2 and X-Box. X-Box seems to have more SW games than PS-2, so X-Box seems to be in the lead. What are the games like, and how difficult are they.

Thanks

AA

I'd have to say X-Box purely on the strength of Knights of the Old Republic and Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast.

Also keep in mind that Jedi Starfighter is available on X-Box which was probably the PS2's best SW game.

mrmiller
08-20-2003, 01:30 PM
No doubt about it- KOTOR makes Xbox the winner by a land slide. Not to mention all the others Darth Nihilus mentioned in the above post, as well as Clone Wars that is playable on Xbox live. The only thing Xbox is going to miss out on is Rebel Strike- but that doesn't mean it will not be ported over later.

=MATT=

scruffziller
08-20-2003, 02:36 PM
GAME CUBE!!!!!!!!

Rougue Squadron II is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Trip J
08-20-2003, 03:27 PM
I've heard rumblings that Microsoft and Lucasarts are working on some arrangement that would shut Sony and Nintendo out for SW titles, but I don't buy it for a minute. LucasArts would lose out on a significant chunk of revenue.

Regardless, if you're looking for a system to play SW games on, I have to go with the majority here and say Xbox, almost solely on the strength of Knights of the Old Republic.

Hellboy
08-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Well I have all 3 systems and I'd have to go with the X-BOX as well. KOTOR is quite simply an amazing game by any standard and Jedi Academy looks to be fantastic too.

Pretty much every game that comes out for the PS-2 comes out for the X-BOX and always looks better so I wouldn't even consider that system.

I do think Rogue Squadron III looks promising for the Gamecube but right now the X-BOX is far and away the best system IMO. :)

QLD
08-20-2003, 10:48 PM
I haven't even played KOTOR yet, and I still say X-Box.

scruffziller
08-21-2003, 10:22 AM
I can't wait for Rougue Squadron III for GC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exhaust Port
08-21-2003, 10:26 AM
X-Box! Of course I'm a big fan of NCAA Football 2004.

Arrogant Arse
08-21-2003, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the input.

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-21-2003, 08:19 PM
Yeah PS2 is kinda slackin off in the SW department but I think with all of the Rouge Squadron stuff Game Cube is pulling it out for the lead... excpecially when Knights of the Republic comes out for computer...

kool-aid killer
08-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Im with Scruff, Gamecube all the way. X-box Star Wars games look cool but Rogue Squadron is just too awesome. I cant wait for the third installment to come out.

Jaff
08-24-2003, 02:06 AM
Gamecube, but the best system for the Star Wars games ever made was the SUPER NINTENDO with Super Star Wars, Super Empire and Super Jedi. I still can play those over Bounty Hunter, Clone Wars, Rougue Squadron any day!!!!