PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace: Pablo Hidalgo Chat Tonight!

Pendo
08-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Pablo Hidalgo, the guy directing the webcam, and the writer of the Set Diaries, will be in the StarWars.com forums tonight talking to the fans. And he has agreed to do this every week as possible :).

Tonight's chat will take place at 3:30 pm Pacific time, 6:30 pm Eastern time, 11.30 om Great Britain time, and 8:30 am (Friday) Sydney time. At last I won't have to stay up too late :D!!!

PENDO!

plo koon 200
08-21-2003, 02:02 PM
I really hate the idea of him being on every week. :mad: :dead: :mad: :mad: Maybe once, or twice. However, we already have his set diary why do we need a chat. I bet this has to do with the Rick McPrick chat. I bet they just don't wnat any more spoilers coming out. Now this sucks the big one. I'm not very happy about this move.

Pendo
08-21-2003, 02:23 PM
It doesn't really affect anyone by him being on every week. It doesn't mean noone else is coming on. I know Ewan McGregor is scheduled soon. We're not going to miss out on any more info by him coming on every week. Plus there is plenty of Episode III info we can ask him about, as he's been at every part of the production :).

PENDO!

Pendo
08-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Here's a round up of what was revealed:

- Palpatine has some great dialogue in the movie.
- Obi-Wan and Anakin have constucted new lightsabers since Episode II, but we have seen them before. Anakin will have a blue blade, but Vader's will be red.
- Someone says "I have a bad feeling about this."
- Vader is the most deadly character.
- No Jawas in Episode III.
- Dather Vader will NOT be CGI in the movie :D (I can sleep tonight now :D)
- Chewbacca is identified by name.

Well that's me off to bed :). Another enjoyable chat :).

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2003, 07:54 PM
How long will Vader be in the film, if he is the most deadly? Hopefully he kills Mace Windu. At least Durge, who is more deadly than anyone, won't be in this film. :D

When Ewan talks, in the unlikely event you can get some questions in, could you ask what the hell do they need a wax double for?

Pendo
08-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Never took part in last night's chat. I was tired, couldn't be bothered, and there weren't any more questions I could think of asking, but anyways, here's a round up of the night:
- There are no Bothans in Ep3.
- No Jabba.
- Rodians are in the movie.
- Dar Wac makes a return.
- Refused to disguss any returning Bounty Hunters.
- The EU Character is not the only EU element we will see.
- There is an exchange of dialogue between Ewan McGregor and Tem Morrison.
- The character who has "a bad feeling about this" has never said it before in a previous Star Wars Movie.
- 2 sunsets will take place in the movie.
- Naboo does not get destroyed.
- Tears are shed.

A very cool evening, now I'm sorry I missed it :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
08-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Yoda's going to say "I've got a bad feeling about this"....i know it ;)

On a more serious note....I wonder if we can't tie Mace Windu's "blaze of glory" exit to this Vader being "the deadliest character"

Perhaps a group of lesser jedi confront vader, headed by windu, while allowing Obi, Padme, and Yoda to escape certain death/ capture. We'd have a great scene with Vader slicing the hell out of lesser jedi, and then finally dispatching Windu after a tough duel....or perhaps windu even gives himself to the force......

Ofcourse.........it still needs to be left unclear that "vader" is Anakin......

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Very cool, thanks Pendo! :)
Hopefully the EU element will be Anakin's starfighter, but not those stupid costumes like Yoda's. :p
By two sunsets, did he mean Tatooine, final scene?
The Ewan-Tem/Obi-Wan-clone discussion will be very weird!!!

Pendo
08-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Yoda's going to say "I've got a bad feeling about this"....i know it ;)

"A bad feeling about this, I have" :crazed:.

By two sunsets, did he mean Tatooine, final scene?

He didn't give any specific locations, just that there would be two sunsets. But I see what you mean, two suns - two sunsets, which may be cool to see but I think he did mean two different locations, but one may still be Tatooine but counting both suns as one setting.

The Ewan-Tem/Obi-Wan-clone discussion will be very weird!!!

I hope it's as tense as their discussion on Kamino in Episode III :).

PENDO!

Rogue II
08-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Who are Dar Wac and Tem Morrison?

plo koon 200
08-29-2003, 02:56 PM
I liked how he answered that Kamino is not Hoth. Now if it was...

TheDarthVader
08-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Appreciated Pendo. Thanks for the great information. I was hoping Palpatine would have more lines in EpIII than any other SW movie. Cool!!!

Oh yeah...who is Dar Wac??

Jargo
08-29-2003, 05:49 PM
The chancellors aide, Rodian. Appears in hologram form on palpatines desk in AOTC. Not to be confused with the rodian who wears the same costume in the same scene who is senator Onaconda Farr.

2-1B
08-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Ewan McGregor is going to do a webchat with the fans? :eek: :eek: :eek:
I hope it doesn't drive him to drinking again. :cry:

Ofcourse.........it still needs to be left unclear that "vader" is Anakin......

Not gonna happen, sorry. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2003, 12:30 PM
The chancellors aide, Rodian. Appears in hologram form on palpatines desk in AOTC. Not to be confused with the rodian who wears the same costume in the same scene who is senator Onaconda Farr.
What? I thought Dar Wac's name was changed to Onaconda Farr, since the other name was goofy.

Pendo
09-03-2003, 03:38 PM
There is another Pablo chat tonight at 4:30pm Pacific time, 7:30pm Eastern time, Thursday Sep 4 at 12:30am UK time, 9:30am local Sydney time.

Again don't know if I'll be there tonight, I can't think of anything to ask that hasn't already. But then again I said that last week and it turned out to be a great chat :rolleyes:. Might pop in for a quick goosey tonight :).

PENDO!

Pendo
09-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Here's highlights from the Pablo chat:
- Anakin's Episode III costume is the same as Episode II but darker.
- Jocasta Nu is not returning :(.
- Anakin will save Obi-Wan in the movie.
- Obi-Wan's actions are pivotal to the events that end the Clone Wars.
- Lott Dod may return.
- The EU character is neither Thrawn nor Xizor.
- The Dagobah cave is not explained in Episode III.
- Palpatine has more than one look in Episode III.
- We won't see Boba disintergrate anyone.
- Jedi Spirits will be explained.
- Jar Jar doesn't play an important role :(.
- DAMN :mad: at the end of the movie we will know Anakin is Darth Vader :mad:! That's the movie already ruined for me :mad:!
- The fate of the younglings is explained.
- Anakin and Obi-Wan will be shown as good friends at the start of the movie.
- Sidious has more screen time than he did in Episode II.
- The reason for Obi-Wan's name change is in the movie.
- Passel Argente has a new look, but no lines.
- Denaria Kee will also return.
- Sidious will remove his hood in Episode III :D.

Quite an interesting chat. Disapointed about Ani/Vader though :(.

PENDO!

Jargo
09-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Yes of all the things that needed explaining at least they got their priorities right and explained what happened to the younglings... :rolleyes: Don't tell me, they all get adopted by Mon mothma and she turns them all into terrorists rebels. Then at some point they all cross paths with either Han Solo and know him on first name terms. Or they go off into the outer rim and become a hermit where they will eventually free their respective planets from tyrant overlords and start a new jedi academy and adopt names with random apostrophes in them to try and be cool.
This whole movie is starting to sound like a how many loose ends can we shove into the mix sort of affair. PFFFFFT! I guerss some people are easily impressed with anything that carries the star wars brand name. Just looks messy so far. I'm not getting a sense of a coherent movie at all.

The Overlord Returns
09-04-2003, 08:50 AM
terrorists rebels.

LOL!.....damn that was really funny.......

Hmmm......well..I suppose that settles the argument on Anakin/Vader. I have to say that this is a HUGE dissapointing bastich of a screw up on GL's part......Vader can be seen without KNOWING he's Vader....well...if you have any imagination at all he can.....

Battle Droid
09-04-2003, 05:28 PM
"Passel Argente has a new look, but no lines."

Poor Passel, this'll be his 3rd movie and still no lines.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-04-2003, 06:00 PM
A very interesting chat, thanks Pendo!

That really sucks, though, learning that Anakin is Vader that early. But maybe they won't talk about it too much. :cry:
Hmm, I just figured that Obi-Wan changed his name to regular old Ben because he was living as a hermit and didn't want to be noticed, but oh well, I may be wrong. :crazed:
But finally, we will learn about Jedi Spirits. :)

2-1B
09-05-2003, 12:21 AM
Oh come on already, they've been practically telling you for several years now that we will see Ani become Vader.

Yes, it was nice to discuss how and why it could be done to NOT show Ani become Vader . . . but I can't believe that some people REALLY thought it would happen that way? :confused:

Sorry, you just set yourselves up for disappointment at the inevitable announcement. :D

Jedi Clint
09-05-2003, 01:42 AM
Oh come on already, they've been practically telling you for several years now that we will see Ani become Vader.

Yes, it was nice to discuss how and why it could be done to NOT show Ani become Vader . . . but I can't believe that some people REALLY thought it would happen that way? :confused:

Sorry, you just set yourselves up for disappointment at the inevitable announcement. :D

I really thought it might have happened that way until recently. I'm having to get used to the suprise being built up only for the character of Anakin's son.

I'm actually enjoying being wrong about all kinds of things I thought had to happen a certain way in E3. It forces me to exercise my imagination as I try to spoil myself rotten ;)

Pendo
09-05-2003, 11:28 AM
I reallythought it would happen that way. Mainly because I still had faith in George that he could make a good Star Wars movie that would fit in with the OT :(. Showing Anakin as Vader in Ep3 it will no longer feel to me that it fits in with the OT, and that it can be watched as one big movie from Episode I - IV. I don't know if I have much faith left in George :(.

PENDO!

2-1B
09-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Pendo,
since 1997 or whenever, George and Ricky have been rambling on about how we get to see Anakin and how he becomes Darth Vader.

George cares nothing for "saving the surprise" and I never got the remote impression from him that it would be filmed that way. :)

Pendo
09-05-2003, 04:00 PM
I knew he would show how Anakin becomes Darth Vader, but I always persumed he meant how Anakin would turn to the dark side, and still leave the Vader thing a mystery.

PENDO!

plo koon 200
09-05-2003, 07:15 PM
It may stil be a surprise. I'm hoping. Pablo said it would be obvious. Obvious does not mean that they have to tell us that Vader is Anakin. Pablo could have meant, I hope, that it is obviosu to those who have already watched the OT. Oh why do I even bother putting so much faith in GL. It is a lost cause.

Pendo
09-11-2003, 01:40 PM
A new Pablo chat has been announced for tonight at 4:30pm Pacific time, 7:30pm Eastern time, Friday 12:30am UK time, and 9:30am Sydney time. His chats seem to be spoiler filled so there'll probably be plenty for me to talk about :).

PENDO!

RooJay
09-11-2003, 03:59 PM
I can't understand how there can be any Star Wars fans at all who would be disappointed by this. :confused: Every last one of you on here already knows that Anakin and Vader are one and the same. What, were you all hoping you'd forget that little tidbit sometime between now and when the entire Saga is released on DVD, and that you'd still manage to somehow be surprised when Vader lets the cat out of the bag in ESB?! SERIOUSLY?!
I know that I have certainly had a selective memory for certain things at times, but that just takes it to an unfathomable extreme in my opinion.
Granted, this may ruin the surprise for any little kiddies, or any adults who have not seen or heard anything of Star Wars previously (let's be honest with ourselves for just one moment - the fact that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father has more or less prevaded modern culture at this point :stupid: ), but these are far more than likely to be people who just aren't going to care that much at all about it anyway. Besides, what should that really matter to you anyway?
While it's true that the Star Wars saga may have gone back in time for these prequel stories, but sadly we cannot. No matter how George decides to handle the issue in Episode 3, we will still know the facts behind it. :rolleyes:

[DSS]Pedr0
09-11-2003, 10:05 PM
The person who placed the clone order is actually seen in AoTC!!! "sifo dyas" is in AoTC!!! WhoA

plo koon 200
09-11-2003, 10:09 PM
Yup. He gave some spoilers at the end but was quite most of the time. Now who is Sifo-Dyas?

Pendo
09-12-2003, 03:02 AM
Here's a round up of what was said:
- The new bad guy has connections with Sidious.
- Nick Gillard's cameo may be larger than we though, as his role was mentioned in the script.
- Obi-Wan's skills have improved since AOTC, and he is higher up in the Jedi hierarchy (Jedi Council???)
- Ackbar doesn't command a fleet in battle.
- Anakin is a Jedi Knight in this movie.
- Geonosis is not in EPisode III.
- Rohan Nichol's character has nothing to do with Han Solo. His character nearly became a continuity issue, but it was resolved :).
- There will be some new and some old capital ships involved with the opening space battle.
- Because of Padmé's family's role in EPisode III it would be surprising if they were cut out.
- No Bossk in Ep3.
- Scenes involving the twins have been shot.
- No Dantooine in Ep3.
- No yound Han, and no Mandalorians.
- We will see the person who ordered the clones (but that's a given because it was either Sidious or Dooku :rolleyes:).

PENDO!

Battle Droid
09-12-2003, 03:14 AM
"- Anakin is a Jedi Knight in this movie."

I wonder if he'll have a Padawan?

Pendo
09-12-2003, 03:27 AM
I doubt it, but it would be a possibility. I'm hoping Obi-Wan has a Padawan, it would make the "he was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil" line more of a 'who was it'. But then again as we're gonna see Ani as Vader it won't really matter :rolleyes:!

Ani being a knight also clashes with the "When I left you I was but the learner" line :(.

PENDO!

Sith Lord 0498
09-12-2003, 05:14 AM
Ani being a knight also clashes with the "When I left you I was but the learner" line :(.

Not necessarily. While Anakin is a Knight, he can still feel like just a learner in Obi-Wan's eyes. How many times in AOTC did Obi-Wan feel the need to point out that he was "my Padawan LEARNER"? Obi-Wan probably keeps this master/student mindset even after Anakin proves himself. Part of the reason he turns perhaps?? Still feeling like Obi-Wan's holding him back?

Besides, Anakin's Knighthood doesn't contradict the OT. In ANH, Obi-Wan told Luke that "I was once a Jedi Knight the SAME AS YOUR FATHER." If anything, ANH contradicts itself.

Pendo
09-12-2003, 08:15 AM
Not necessarily. While Anakin is a Knight, he can still feel like just a learner in Obi-Wan's eyes. How many times in AOTC did Obi-Wan feel the need to point out that he was "my Padawan LEARNER"? Obi-Wan probably keeps this master/student mindset even after Anakin proves himself. Part of the reason he turns perhaps?? Still feeling like Obi-Wan's holding him back?

Besides, Anakin's Knighthood doesn't contradict the OT. In ANH, Obi-Wan told Luke that "I was once a Jedi Knight the SAME AS YOUR FATHER." If anything, ANH contradicts itself.
Very good point :). Thanx :).

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Another job well done!

Cool how Anakin will finally be a knight, now he won't have the dorky braid and ponytail combo. :D
Thank God Han won't be in here. I wonder what the continuity error with Rohan was?

RooJay
09-15-2003, 12:39 PM
I give! Who is Rohan?! :confused:

2-1B
09-15-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm glad Anakin is a Knight now . . . and no, it does not at all conflict with ANH. I agree with Sith Lord that Obi-Wan will always have that role of mentor even though they are technically "equals." :)

On to more pressing matters - no Bossk in Episode III ? :eek:
That's it, I'm not even going to see this movie.
:crazed:

And thank goodness there will be no Han Solo. :)

JEDIpartner
09-16-2003, 08:03 AM
The contradiction in ANH has always existed. When Vader states the last time he and Obi-Wan met face to face, he was the student and Obi-Wan was the master. Then there's the aforementioned line about being a pupil of Obi-Wan's BEFORE he turned to evil. Although, maybe Obi-Wan was stating that he knew Anakin was having issues as soon as he was elevated to "knight". *shrug* It's all fine to me, though. I am really looking forward to this film!!

TheDarthVader
09-16-2003, 12:51 PM
I know most of us were hoping that the cave on Dagobah would be explained but I think it will be alright for it to remain mysterious. I know that most speculated that Yoda would kill a sith on Dagobah and his spirit would inhabit the cave. I am not disappointed. I do not mind Anakin being shown as Vader either. This movie is going to be awesome! :) :) :) :) :)

Pendo
09-16-2003, 01:18 PM
I too am not disapointed about 'the cave' but I still have hopes that Dagobah will feature in the movie in some way. I want Luke to end up there for his "there's something familiar about this place" to have a deeper meaning.

PENDO!

RooJay
09-16-2003, 03:10 PM
The contradiction in ANH has always existed. When Vader states the last time he and Obi-Wan met face to face, he was the student and Obi-Wan was the master.

More accurately, the phrasing Vader used was that when they'd last met he was but the "learner" and Obi-Wan the master. In my opinion, there is a definite distinction between "student" and "learner" in that context. All that "learner" implies is that Vader had still had things to learn. This is not even taking into account what it exactly it was Vader was implying that he'd still needed to learn. In fact, one might even argue that it is entirely possible that even a 'master' such as Yoda might still have much to learn about certain things.

Then there's the aforementioned line about being a pupil of Obi-Wan's BEFORE he turned to evil. Although, maybe Obi-Wan was stating that he knew Anakin was having issues as soon as he was elevated to "knight". *shrug* It's all fine to me, though. I am really looking forward to this film!!

That would still hold true. As it stands, Anakin was most certainly Obi-Wan's pupil before turning to the dark side and taking on the name Darth Vader. Indeed, when we see Anakin turn to evil, he will no longer technically be Obi-Wan's pupil - even though Kenobi would still be 'the master'.

gtrain29
09-16-2003, 06:10 PM

If the saga was actually meant to be seen from 1 to 6, it would be better for Vader's identity to be a secret. I wanted it to be kept a secret for that reason. However, the PT is made from the backstory for the OT, and backstories are something you look for if you're hungry for more. Take the LOTR, for example, after reading that and loving it you can go find the Silmarillion, Lost Tales, etc., that wouldn't have made sense to read first even though they happened first chronologically.
The same goes for the PT. It gives us a taste of the Republic before the dark times, the jedi council, the clone wars, young Obi-Wan and Luke's father & mother. That's what I wanted to see in the PT. I was just hungry for more star wars, but I don't think it would work to watch PT before OT as it would ruin a lot of the surprises and magic.

plo koon 200
09-16-2003, 10:21 PM
I have some similar concerns gtrain. You're not alone.

Pendo
09-25-2003, 12:30 PM
I've been thinking about the whole Ani/Vader thing and I still have hope that his identity will NOT be revealed. If they are going to spoil the whole 'Ani is Vader' thing then what is the point in trying to make the Palpatine/Sidious thing a secret?

In terms of storytelling, if someone who's never seen Star Wars before is watching all Star Wars films from Episode I to VI, the 'Palpatine is Sidious' thing will be a real surprise when Sidious removes his hood. So if George Lucas is going through the trouble to make that a secret in terms of the story, then why isn't he for the Anakin is Vader surprise in Episode V?

But to us the Palpatine/Sidious thing ISN'T a surprise, we know it is him. So when Pabs said that we will know Anakin is Vader by the end of the movie, maybe we will know in the same way that we know Sidious is Palpatine, only because we know the ending of the whole Star Wars story. So to someone who has never seen Star Wars before, the hints may be there, but they won't know it's him :).

I also think it would be good it Obi-Wan's "2nd point of view" is incorporated into it :). Perhaps after Obi has left Anakin for dead, and Vader pops up there could be a convo between Mace, Yoda and Obi-Wan about who he is, and Obi-Wan incorporates his second point of view:

Mace: Who is he?
Yoda: The chosen one, he once was.
Obi-Wan: No. Anakin is dead!

:D

PENDO!

tagmac
09-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Wouldn't really work, considering Obi-Wan knew Vader was Anakin, as he revealed in ROTJ.

Hellboy
09-25-2003, 07:11 PM
I like that idea Pendo. :cool:

tagmac it would work because Obi-Wan is saying the man and friend he knew is dead knowing full well Vader is what Anakin has become.