PDA

View Full Version : What will we remember most about the first part of this decade "THE DIDGITS"

scruffziller
08-21-2003, 01:03 PM
From the Year 2000-2010, looking back, from the future I think we will remember............

Fashion: Hip Huggers
TV: Reality Shows
Toys: Playstation 2
Music : Boy Bands
Movies: EPS 2 and EPS 3

List what you think will be most memorable.

Kidhuman
08-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Well you forgot 9/11.

I will remember PS2 although PS3 is due out in a year or two.
Reality TV
Gulf War II
EPII and EPIII(we will watch for years to come)
Getting Married
All of you guys and gals here.
Music that I will be listening to for the rest of my life.
Moving to Va.

Those are some of the things I will remember.

scruffziller
08-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Well you forgot 9/11.

I have actually blocked that out of my mind by accident.:zzz:

The Overlord Returns
08-21-2003, 02:20 PM
I have actually blocked that out of my mind by accident.:zzz:

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.....

Lets see.....
9/11
End of the star wars forever
Obesity issues
Jen and Ben's colossal failure "gigli" followed closely by the colossal failure of their marriage

Trip J
08-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Interesting. Well:

The 2002 Hawkeyes: Nobody picked 'em to do squat and they ran the table in the Big Ten. The state fell in love with their team again. Banks for Heisman. The crushing defeat to USC. It was one of the most memorable years in my lifetime. I just wish we coulda played OSU, just to see how we stacked up.

Getting married.

Changing careers.

And maybe, with a little luck and a lot of great pitching, the 2003 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs!

The Overlord Returns
08-21-2003, 04:18 PM
What the Hell happened to my post?

Those are all things that WILL be remembered from this bloody decade, are they not??

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2003, 04:25 PM
From the Year 2000-2010, looking back, from the future I think we will remember............

I Love the 80's
I Love the 70's

and any other TV show dedicated to loving past decades.

[DSS]Pedr0
08-21-2003, 05:12 PM
And maybe, with a little luck and a lot of great pitching, the 2003 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs!

I think You mean 2003 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!! :D

mabudonicus
08-21-2003, 07:26 PM
The blackout, of course... it wasn't a catastrophe or anything, it was just real weird....
And the Schwarznegger film "Collateral Damage" ;)

derek
08-21-2003, 07:39 PM
What the Hell happened to my post?

it was censored for it's political nature, but if you so desire, the Vice Chancellor will hear all appeals. :)

hamsterboy
08-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Well,the end of the decade is still seven years off. Anyways,it'll be mostly how big a disappointment Episode III was.(sorry but you know it's bound to happen.) The "death" of VHS. I'm sure Intel will have at least a Pentium 6 by then. Whatever new O/S Windows will have out by then.

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-21-2003, 08:18 PM
everyone'll prolly remember the Britney break up...

kool-aid killer
08-21-2003, 09:04 PM
I will remember the most overrated athlete that i know of, Eric Crouch (for those that dont know, the chump that won the Heisman a year or so ago from Nebraska) who couldnt make it as a quarterback in the NFL. You wouldnt believe the amount of support that fool has in this state. People get defensive when you bring up his failed stints in the pros saying things such as, "Eric wanted to earn his money, not get paid to sit on the bench!" No. He just wants to be given the job at QB, not earn it. Thats what comes to mind right now but that Crouch rant tired me out so if anything pops up to mind later i will post.

Trip J
08-22-2003, 10:10 AM
I think You mean 2003 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!

Not with that bullpen, though their lineup can be just plain scary.

I will remember the most overrated athlete that i know of, Eric Crouch (for those that dont know, the chump that won the Heisman a year or so ago from Nebraska) who couldnt make it as a quarterback in the NFL.

I realize he is from Council Bluffs which is right on the IA/NE border, but he was still an Iowan. We felt pretty betrayed when he crossed the state line to go play football for Big Red. I can't say that it breaks MY heart to see him fall on his face.

scruffziller
08-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Can't forget the tangle with Napster!!!!! And the era of downloading media off of the net at epidemic levels!!!!:crazed:

bobafrett
08-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Pedr0']I think You mean 2003 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!! :D

In your dreams maybe! :p

The space shuttle disaster

EPIII redeeming George Lucas

J-Lo and Ben Affleck being forgotten about

And the Cubs making it to the World Series!

InsaneJediGirl
08-22-2003, 08:12 PM
9/11
Columbia Shuttle
The War
Mars being closer to Earth than ever before
My Grandmother passing away :zzz:
Martha Stewart Getting Caught :D
End of Star Wars
H.S.Graduation
West Nile Virus :crazed:

Thats about all I could think of..

sweetrain1215
08-22-2003, 09:34 PM
Hmmm wow...seems you guys have covered most of the good stuff...cept for the "unmentionables" :rolleyes:
Mmmkkkk....

So on a personal note...

1.Getting Divorced
2.Getting married to KH
3.Going to NYC for the first time in my life.
4.Jacob starting school
5..............I will get back to you on some more

Sorry, that wasn't too thrilling. I wouldn't have even posted but I've nothing else to do.....obviously...see above :zzz:

2-1B
08-23-2003, 02:50 AM
1.Getting Divorced
2.Getting married to KH

:eek:

LOL, I know what you mean here . . . but it's funny if you take it out of context, as if you got divorced from KH and rated that higher than marrying him. Ahem, well it's funny if I take it out of context. Sorry. :D

So far, I'm gonna remember my grandfather who died in 2000, a grandmother who died in 2000, a friend who died in 2002 and a friend who died last month, 2003. :cry:

mabudonicus
08-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Caesar, man, what about that whole ozzfest debacle last year??
Seriously, what about STANSE????
Sorry, but your last post is too "down", man, what about \m/ :D \m/???

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-23-2003, 12:11 PM
In the world of sports:

Hulk Hogan's return to Pro Wrestling
Gold Medal Controversy at the Olympics
Ted William's death
Sosa suspended after using a cork bat
Lance Armstrong's consecutive Tour de France wins
Kobe Bryant scandal

kool-aid killer
08-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Trip J, i believe Crouch is from Omaha. I know he went to Millard North High School but he may have been born in Iowa. There was recently a debate over whether to name a bridge that will be built after Nebraska's Heisman winners (he would have been included) or Martin Luther King but fortunately they didnt select the Heisman idea. I cant say im too thrilled about the other choice either though. And now the clown has a job as a college football analyst on a news station.

sweetrain1215
08-23-2003, 02:48 PM
:eek:

LOL, I know what you mean here . . . but it's funny if you take it out of context, as if you got divorced from KH and rated that higher than marrying him. Ahem, well it's funny if I take it out of context. Sorry. :D

So far, I'm gonna remember my grandfather who died in 2000, a grandmother who died in 2000, a friend who died in 2002 and a friend who died last month, 2003. :cry:

Scott posted those for me actually... :D

Ouch...that's some sad stuff there :cry:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2003, 03:51 PM
I will remember the fact that scruffziller doesn't know how to spell "digits." ;)

I'm just messin' with ya man

Kidhuman
08-24-2003, 04:24 PM
I will remember the fact that scruffziller doesn't know how to spell "digits." ;)

I'm just messin' with ya man

And there are the thoughts of a 13 year old. :crazed: :crazed:

Darth Jax
08-24-2003, 09:12 PM
2000/2001 Colorado Avalanche Stanley Cup run with Ray Bourque (2003/2004 will be there's if tradition holds)
Lance Armstrong 5 in a row at the Tour de France

i must lead a very boring existence if thats what sticks out in my mind from the last 3 years.

Exhaust Port
08-25-2003, 01:52 AM
The Ohio State Buckeyes winning the National Championship!!!!!

I think there was some other stuff too.....

scruffziller
08-25-2003, 04:23 AM

I'm just messin' with ya manIt is my own version of spelling.......it just feels right.;)

But anyway that brings to another question.
I remember seeing a thing on 20/20 I think as to what to call this decade like for the 80s, 90s etc. They were banging their heads trying to figure it out. They were coming up with the Nils, the Nulls, etc. Well I found the perfect name THE DIDGITS or (digits for the lay person).

TeeEye7
08-25-2003, 07:30 AM
We'll remember the escalating prices on just about everything! :frus:

Trip J
08-25-2003, 08:10 AM
Hey KoolAid, you're right about Crouch being born in Omaha. I just always thought he was from across the bridge. Either way, I guess, he still sucks, eh?

kool-aid killer
08-25-2003, 10:41 AM
Yes indeed Trip J. Now if only other people in this state would wipe away all the brown that has accumulated on their noses and recognize that he is a chump. So youre a fan of the Hawkeyes. I honestly dont care too much for them (GO HUSKERS!!!) , not saying they suck but i did like the Cyclones back when they were horrible. Now that they are semi decent i will have to switch to Baylor being my favorite underdog.

Trip J
08-25-2003, 11:16 AM
My Dad is a big Husker fan, so I can't say that I hate Nebraska either, but I can't say the same for Iowa State. I know, I know, I should be proud that we have two teams that represent the state well and all that, but still, to me they're the enemy!

What else will I remember?

Buying our first house
Enron and Anderson disappearing seemingly overnight and all the trouble they caused.
My niece's birthday.
My first (finally!) NFL game in person.
Seeing the Yankees at Wrigley and watching Mark Prior throw in person.
The energy problems on both coasts.