PDA

View Full Version : Melted brick

LusiferSam
08-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Here's an odd picture I though I'd share. In all the years I've been collecting Legos this is the first time I've gotten a bad piece. When I bought the set this plate was from it was a very hot day and I did leave them in the car for a couple of hours. None of the other sets or pieces from the particular set had this happen.

bobafrett
08-24-2003, 01:41 AM
Here's an odd picture I though I'd share. In all the years I've been collecting Legos this is the first time I've gotten a bad piece. When I bought the set this plate was from it was a very hot day and I did leave them in the car for a couple of hours. None of the other sets or pieces from the particular set had this happen.

Strange, I've never had any problems with any lego piece. I did have a battle droid fall and get lost under the heater, only to find it a month later in a twisted shape.

JediTricks
08-25-2003, 12:16 AM
Wow, that is a weird one, looks like a problem at the factory - I bet they'll replace it free of charge.

I got a 1x4 white brick in my Imperial Shuttle set that had one of the pegs on the inside sticking out about a centimeter past the bottom, but I just snapped it off because I didn't feel like asking for a replacement part. ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Speaking of replacement parts, how well does Lego respond to such request?

LusiferSam
08-25-2003, 02:57 PM
Wow, that is a weird one, looks like a problem at the factory - I bet they'll replace it free of charge.
;)

I'm sure they'd replace if I asked. But I was so amused by it I've decided not to do anything about it. It's a little bit like a mistriken coin. Sure the mint will replace, but a true mistrike is rare item.

And Lego is great about replacing missing, broken, or other wise damaged parts. Both of my dogs have felt the need to help themselves to my legos in the past. And every time Lego has been there to the rescue.

aceguide
08-25-2003, 03:43 PM
What's the best way to get in touch with Lego to request a replacement or missing piece. My Hogwarts Castle was missing one of the fabric roof pieces...

bobafrett
08-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Me: "Hello Lego"
Lego: "Yes"
Me: "I seem to be missing some parts to the Star Destroyer"
Lego: "Okay, which ones?"
Me: "The whole ship"

Mandalorian Candidat
08-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Me: "Hello Lego"
Lego: "Yes"
Me: "I seem to be missing some parts to the Star Destroyer"
Lego: "Okay, which ones?"
Me: "The whole ship"

LOL!

Anyone remember the Legoland parody on the Simpsons a few years back when they go to Blockoland? Lisa's Leg..er Blocko Eiffel Tower is missing a leg and Homer finds out they do it intentionally.

"You can't beat the souvenir racket."

JediTricks
08-25-2003, 11:22 PM
What's the best way to get in touch with Lego to request a replacement or missing piece. My Hogwarts Castle was missing one of the fabric roof pieces...
http://www.lego.com/eng/service/default.asp

You can also call them, but I don't have the number here. When Ep 1 came out, I had a Qui-Gon and a Maul with severe paint problems, they had me send those back for replacement heads. But when my pneumatic piston self-destructed, they sent me one out without requiring the original.

aceguide
08-26-2003, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the link JediTricks!