PDA

View Full Version : Fly the X-Wing to Dagobah Set?!?!?

Battle Droid
08-23-2003, 03:15 PM
http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=457 6.topic&start=1&stop=20

Anyone heard anything else about this? Seen any pics?

LusiferSam
08-23-2003, 06:03 PM
It sounds like this has caught most everybody by surprise. I guess I'll just keep my eyes pealed for the fall catalog, which should be coming pretty soon.

Battle Droid
08-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Here's a pic! :)

http://www.fbtb.net/dagobah.jpg

bobafrett
08-24-2003, 01:35 AM
Here's a pic! :)

http://www.fbtb.net/dagobah.jpg

Whoa! Wicked, any price put on this one yet? I'm guessing around the $50 to $70 price range. So many SW legos, so little cash!

JediTricks
08-25-2003, 12:11 AM
That looks pretty neat, looks like the underside hatch is in place now, as well as a retractable landing foot, landing lights, and more accurate nose. The engines look a little light, so I probably will combine parts from the 1st X-wing (which i just happen to have an extra of in the form of a custom B-wing) with this set, but it'll be worth it.

Yoda's hut looks kinda neat too, I hope it opens up.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-25-2003, 11:18 AM
A slick idea, but is the X-Wing really that different from the original set, other than the dripping vine pieces I mean? How much was the original X-Wing set? This one shouldn't be much more than that one because the hut will have more pieces than the hovertram that came with the original X-Wing.

JediTricks
08-25-2003, 11:26 PM
The original X-wing is supremely different, the whole fuselage looks different here from nose to the very end. The only thing that looks the same is the cockpit. Even the cannons are better. On the original, everything from the cockpit forward is in a straight line, here it's tapered in. Everything behind the cockpit was a hole for R2 and a box for storage, this one has the hole but the detail behind it looks much different and not storage.

aceguide
08-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Count me in. This looks like a great set. Finaly will get an x-wing with the bonus of some Degobah action.

yngadult
08-29-2003, 04:53 PM
I'll miss the storage in the front that the older X-wing had. That was a neat place to put his saber, gun etc.

LusiferSam
08-30-2003, 01:05 PM
This just showed up on Lego's Shop at Home site (http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=4502&CatID=%7BA319A2F3%2D2540%2D4F7E%2DA702%2D4FF709118 FB7%7D) for pre order and with a few more pictures. The price is $49.99.

bobafrett
08-30-2003, 01:25 PM
Wicked! I assume these will also be available at retail locations? I just don't like paying shipping if I can avoid it, not to mention my funds are a little tight at the moment.

Anyone know where you could pick up one of the X-Wings that retailed for around $150? I was hoping to pick up one when they went on clearance, but te ones I saw in that condition, the boxes were pretty beat up, and might have been missing parts.

JediTricks
09-01-2003, 12:57 AM
I'll miss the storage in the front that the older X-wing had. That was a neat place to put his saber, gun etc.
I use both areas (front and back) to store the makeshift landing gear I've created.

bobafrett, I believe this will also be at LEGO stores as well, but not when it first comes out.

As for the Ultimate Collectors Series X-wing, it went on clearance a while back and is not at retail anymore. Probably your best bet is ebay.

JediTricks
09-04-2003, 05:35 AM
It turns out that this set will be available at mass-market this winter, I don't know if that changes anything for me, but perhaps it will for some of you.

Also, put up a couple new photos of this set in the SSG news today: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=16&show_article=231

Mandalorian Candidat
10-23-2003, 11:39 AM
I don't know if this has been posted in SSG News yet, but the X-Wing set is now available at retail outlets. I saw it (10/21) at my local Target (Orem, UT) for $49.99.

A nice set, but like all Legos too high priced for me. I'll just happily wait for the inevitable clearance.

JediBoulton
10-23-2003, 02:30 PM
I don't know if this has been posted in SSG News yet, but the X-Wing set is now available at retail outlets. I saw it (10/21) at my local Target (Orem, UT) for $49.99.

A nice set, but like all Legos too high priced for me. I'll just happily wait for the inevitable clearance.

I have to agree -- I have seen this at my Target also.

These LEGO's are getting too high $$$. Whats going on?!?!

Seems like ever since that $300 LEGO came out -- all the prices went up cause they realize people will buy anything at any price!!

bobafrett
10-24-2003, 11:30 AM
I'm going to keep my eye open when I'm browsing the toy isles at Target. I teally like the first X-Wing. Has anyone seen what these ships are getting on eBay for the ones you can no longer find at the Stores? Not that I'll ever sell my Lego's, but I wanted to wait for certain EP1 ships to go on clearance, and then they were gone. I'll risk spending a little more to get this ship when it comes to my local toy store.

Dr Zoltar
10-24-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm one of those people that love the Star Wars Lego's, but outside of the mini sets, I refuse to pay full price. I got a few of the smaller sets for 50% off. I was waiting for the Jabba Palace set of go down to $15 at Target, but the lowest I saw it for was $21. Now it's gone. But I still see a bunch of Jabba's Prisoner sets at full price.

I've only ever bought one lego set on eBay, and it was the Snowspeeder that came out a few years back. Paid $20 for it which was right around retail.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-24-2003, 07:13 PM
Yeah, those Lego clearances are pretty tricky. I have no clue how the stores decide to clear out which product at what time. That's about the only way for me to get them since they are so danged expensive.

2-1B
11-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Ooooooh this looked nice today at TRU but I didn't want to spend 49.99 on it. I'll get it eventually, I'm not ruling out paying full price but I'm in no hurry either.

bobafrett
12-02-2003, 09:55 AM
They have this sety on sale at Target for just under $40. I gave in, and bought one. Now to get to building it, or do I wrap it up and put it under the tree for my very own Christmas gift!

JediTricks
12-03-2003, 12:52 AM
I saw that yesterday, but the only one they had was in a box that was cut up. :(

bobafrett
12-03-2003, 12:45 PM
I saw that yesterday, but the only one they had was in a box that was cut up. :(

I went to a Target store today, and they didn't have the little shelf label that still announced it was on sale. I wonder if the sale is over? I wouldn't know as I tend not to pay attention to sale flyers.

I ended up putting it together, and setting it next to the original Lego X-Wing, its much better.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-03-2003, 06:19 PM
Target sales usually go for one week, but there are times, like with the TIE Bomber, that they'll do a 'price break' for a few weeks. In this case it's a week for the X-Wing.

I reeeeeally want to get it but I still can't justify shelling out $40 for it, especially this close to Xmas.

JediTricks
12-05-2003, 04:07 AM
Sale's till the 6th, I think it's a national sale, but not every store lists all the national sale prices on the shelves, so run it by the scanner even if you don't see a shelf tag.

JediTricks
12-08-2003, 02:53 AM
Picked this up on Friday at the sale, and am really glad I did. I passed up getting the Snowspeeder to get this and that was the right choice, though I will eventually get the snowspeeder. The original X-wing was $30, and this set is certainly worth $10 more than that one (though I am glad I didn't pay $50, that feels a little high). I like Yoda's hut a lot more than I expected to, and gave it the vines that go on the ship (with one hanging down from the central pivoting roof), the way it unfolds really adds a lot of play ability to it -- I'd love to see a second segment added onto the building. The X-wing itself is a real step up from the original, the tapered fuselage really looks good, and the larger size is certainly more accurate. There is room for some improvement, the landing foot is too far back, the rear permanent landing feet can go, the lights need to be raised 1 stud each, the rear of the ship could have more going on, the laser cannons need to be lengthened, and I'm thinking of swapping this nose for the one on the original X-wing. But unlike a Hasbro toy, here I know that I can do a lot of these things which feels pretty cool. Oh, and I swapped a pilot Luke into the cockpit and let training Luke hang with Yoda in his crib. ;)

All in all, I'd definitely recommend this set to any collector.

bobafrett
12-09-2003, 12:29 AM
I must Say that I am very happy with the new X-Wing. It's bigger, better color, and Yoda's hut is pretty cool the way the roof tilts back and you can unfold it to set up a scene on the inside!