08-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Toys R Us - Wilkes-Barre

Ultimate Bounty 4-Pack - 5 left @ $19.99
Clone Wars Republic Gunship - 6 left @ $29.99
LEGO mini-sets Wave 2 - not sure what all is left

Wal-Mart - Wilkes-Barre

LEGO Hailfire Droid - several left @ $48.88
Yoda "Gold" version saber - 2 left @ $19.97
Luke "Gold" version saber - 3 left @ $19.97 (3rd one is on top of the shelves)
Vader "Gold" version saber - 1 left @ $19.97

Hope this helps!!

Sith Lord 0498
09-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Toys R Us - Dickson City

Geonosian War Chamber #1 - 4 left @ $21.99 each
Jedi High Council #1 - 5 left @ $21.99 each

Target - Dickson City

Anakin Secret Ceremony and Mace Windu "Total Control" - 1 each

Sith Lord 0498
10-10-2003, 03:08 PM
This reflects the last couple of days of finds and therefore some of this stuff might be gone already

K-Mart - Birney Ave. (Moosic) and Pittston Bypass

CW Durge w/ Speeder
CW Clonetrooper w/ Speeder
Clonetrooper Army (Red)

Toys R Us - Wilkes-Barre

Several cases of Clone Wars Basic Figures (Anakin, ARC, Yoda)
Hailfire Droids
Geonosian Starfighters

Wal-Mart - Pittston

Several early 2003 figures

Sith Lord 0498
12-06-2003, 07:59 AM
Wal-Mart, Wilkes-Barre
Ultra Assortment 1 (2 sets remaining @ $9.96 each)

K-Mart, Wilkes-Barre and Edwardsville
CW Wave 2 figures (entire wave between the two stores)

Sith Lord 0498
01-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Here's what's at the Wilkes-Barre TRU as of 1/11/04:

Ultra Assortment Wave 1 @ $10.99 each

Han Solo Unleashed (4-5 total) @ $14.99 each

Luke Skywalker (Hoth Attack)
Imperial Dignitary Kren Blista-Vanee
Ach-Med Beq (sp?)
Hoth Rebel Soldier

Darth Alex
01-16-2004, 10:37 AM
It's good to see the posts. I used to live in the WB-Scranton area and still go on toy runs when I get up that way. I'm down in the Williamsport area now and boy, it is slim pickins here. I could make a toy run from State College all the way through Bloomsburg and go up to Clarks Summit if I wanted to. It's just not that much fun with the recent drought in new findings. Granted, it's better than early and mid 2003 when hardly anything showed up, but the post-holiday let down seems to have hit like the wind chill. BTW, does TRU in WB and Walmart in WB-Pittston still put new stuff regularly? I'd guess not, since distribution here is so spotty. I'd be interested to see if Thurs-Fri are still the good days to go out...

Also, with Target on the scene, that's gotta make an impact on the amount of new stuff in the area. At least, one would hope...

kwyjibo111
01-16-2004, 10:45 AM
I found Jedi Luke and R1G4 at the Scranton Target on Monday.
Thats about it, nothing else new in a while.

Darth Alex
01-16-2004, 11:19 AM
I found Jedi Luke and R1G4 at the Scranton Target on Monday.
Thats about it, nothing else new in a while.
That is encouraging. Every time I stop by Target in either Wilkes-Barre or Dickson City, I don't find new stuff. BUT...the fact that they are getting new cases in is very good. I'm actually closer to the State College Target, but on any given day I stop there is never new stuff to be found in the 3 3/4" line. Granted this was the first place I found the cinema scenes (all 4) and some of the Clone Wars vehicles (Anakin's sportracer).

Sith Lord 0498
02-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Here's the latest finds at the Pittston Wal-Mart as of this morning:

Jabba the Hutt
Jabba's Court Denizens
Captain Antilles
General Dodonna
TIE Fighter Pilot
Dutch Vander (Gold Leader)
Lando Skiff Guard
Rappertunie
Tanus (can't remember last name :))
Holo Luke

Also, I found some remnants of the new Hall of Fame asst. at the Edwardsville K-Mart (Yoda, Luke, Vader, Han, Darth Maul)

Darth Alex
02-13-2004, 08:36 AM
I just saw the post and all I can say is Awesome! Great find!
I went on a toy run yesterday and found TONS of new stuff.
Starting in the Lock Haven/Mill Hall area, Walmart had all 3 of the first Ultra wave, one Wampa left, and Kmart got in a case of Lando/skiff wave. I finally got the Jedi Luke/non-holo/Jabba's Palace I've been searching for. I picked up one each of the new figs, I like Holo Luke moe than I thought I would and Lando is just a killer resculpt...
The Williamsport area Kmart had the same Lando/skiff wave, but every other SW source (TRU-Walmart-KB) has nothing new. TRU has had some sort-of new restocks lately, but they were cleaned out of anything brand-new. Walmart near me ( Montoursville ) is just horrible and they were once a great, reliable source every weekend for new stuff. Oh, well.
Moving on to Bloomsburg, the Walmart there has the remains of the HOF assortment, no stormtrooper or R2, just Han-Luke-etc. It looks like they only got one case in.
Now, I was on my way to an appointment in Plains, but made my way up the line. I, too, found all the stuff you mentioned at the Pittston Walmart. I know of 2 other collectors/non-scalpers, so everyone made out! The Dutch figure is great and I really like the new deco on the B'omarr.
Also, I finally saw 5/8 of the Cartoon CW line at the WB Target. I'll pass. Obi and Ventress are cool, but what is up with the yellow Ani arm/hand? It looks worse than I thought in person.
Anyway, good luck hunting. I'm starting to order some cases from my local comic shop in Newberry/Williamsport. Hopefully, I'll have the 3rd CW case so I can get a SA Clonetrooper-still haven't seen that wave at retail.

Darth Alex
02-13-2004, 08:39 AM
BTW-go to the Dickson City TRU. I almost forgot, they got in multiples of the new Unleashed! Chewie is OK, but the Luke and the Clonetrooper are awesome! I don't really collect outside of the 3 3/4" line, but these are nice. Oh, and the figures they had are pretty common. One snowtrooper, but not much else new.

Sith Lord 0498
02-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the tip on the new Unleashed!! I really want to get the Clonetrooper, and I'll probably go tonight if I have time.

As for CW Wv 3, the WB TRU did receive that wave once several days before Christmas. They only had two of the SA Clonetroopers (of which I snagged one), and Kit Fisto ended up being the "pegwarmer" of that group--although he was entirely gone within a week. All in all, Wave 3 is a solid assortment. Just a tip--Starfighter Obi-Wan's cloak looks much better on Starfighter Pilot Saesee Tiin.

kwyjibo111
02-13-2004, 06:43 PM
I grabbed a set today. There was one set left as of 10am.

Sith Lord 0498
02-14-2004, 06:53 AM
I grabbed a set today. There was one set left as of 10am.

Whew!!!!! Then I'm glad that one last set was still there at 7:00 pm when I got up there. I only had enough money to grab the Clonetrooper though. Besides, Chewie just doesn't appeal to me (I think it's the face sculpt) and I already have the perfect Unleashed Luke already (Jedi Knight).

By the way, did anyone notice that the Han Solo (Hoth Rescue) on the pegs at that TRU was the BROWN COAT version??? I left it there if anyone's interested.

Darth Alex
02-20-2004, 07:55 AM
First off, I'm glad the information helped you guys out. With the way cases show up unexpectedly, it's good to help out fellow collectors.
I believe the drought is over in Williamsport, finally. The main store around here has been Walmart for getting new figures in. The Montoursville Wal has been out of figures since New Years and just got in 3 cases yesterday. Granted, they were the Boba/Green-Han/Brown Coat-Corrected Luke/Duel wave, but I finally scored some extra Snowtroopers. If there is anyone posting from my area as well, let me know.
I would have liked to see some SA clonetroopers, but at this point it's just nice to see Williamsport somewhat back in the distribution loop...
Also, made my way up to Scranton on 2/17. Nothing at all from the Pittston Walmart to the Dickson City area. Found an $89.99 20th anniversary Optimus at the 'Computer Store'(forgot exact name) on floor 2, Steamtown Mall if anyone is looking...The new figures were all gone from TRU as well as all the new Unleashed.

kwyjibo111
02-26-2004, 05:24 PM
The Wilkes Barre TRU has tons of the Lando Skiff wave.

kwyjibo111
02-26-2004, 05:25 PM
The Wilkes Barre TRU has tons of the Lando Skiff wave.
Plus I got one of the 4 for free.
The spend $14.99, get a free figure must still be in affect.

Sith Lord 0498
02-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Clone Wars Animated Wave 2 is at Target in Wilkes-Barre. I passed on Yoda because I don't really like the sculpt and its size doesn't warrant the $6.99 pricepoint. The Clonetrooper, however, is excellent. Sadly, Darth Alex, his friend, and I cleaned out most of the Clonetroopers. :sur: They may still have another case in the back storeroom. Try asking--the employees there are very cooperative.

Darth Alex
03-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Clone Wars Animated Wave 2 is at Target in Wilkes-Barre. I passed on Yoda because I don't really like the sculpt and its size doesn't warrant the $6.99 pricepoint. The Clonetrooper, however, is excellent. Sadly, Darth Alex, his friend, and I cleaned out most of the Clonetroopers. :sur: They may still have another case in the back storeroom. Try asking--the employees there are very cooperative.
Nice to bump into another SSGer, good to meet ya, Sith Lord:) .
And yes, folks, he's right, the employees are VERY helpful, even nice:sur: .
All 3 of us did buy up the Clonetroopers, and no, we're not jerks or scalpers, we just had a run of dumb luck, I tell ya:crazed: .

Ok, enough w/the smilies.
It's toys runs like this that make me happy to venture out in search of the elusive SW find. And I'll tell you, THIS is how fans should be helping one another out. Ya, ya, it's a free market, but sometimes working together and posting finds/sharing info or stock is the best bet to get what you're looking for. Plus, it's just good karma.

Not much else kicking between WB and Williamsport-TRU on Sunday got more of the Brown Coat Han wave in(TRU WILLIAMSPORT) and I did find one hidden Holographic Luke among the LOTR figures at TRU in WB. Maybe Gollum wanted the saber...

It seems that Walmart is touch-n-go for now. The new SUPA Wally World opens up near Wegmans in WB on Wed 3/17 @ 7AM. I may be there, pending on what I find in the next 2 weeks.
Good luck on this weeks runs, everyone:D .

Sith Lord 0498
03-01-2004, 07:06 PM
It's toys runs like this that make me happy to venture out in search of the elusive SW find. And I'll tell you, THIS is how fans should be helping one another out. Ya, ya, it's a free market, but sometimes working together and posting finds/sharing info or stock is the best bet to get what you're looking for. Plus, it's just good karma.

I wholeheartedly agree. I've been on runs in the past during the early Saga years (the elusive Dooku stage) and have run into scalpers or people who were just flat out buying 3 or 4 multiples of very HTF figures just because they could. It's nice to know there are fellow collectors out there who are content to only add to their collection and not grab everything in sight.

sith_killer_99
03-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I've been on runs in the past during the early Saga years (the elusive Dooku stage) and have run into scalpers or people who were just flat out buying 3 or 4 multiples of very HTF figures just because they could.

I have a basic philosophy when it comes to buying multiples. If it is a figure I really want multiples of (ie Army Builders) I try to leave at least half of what I find on the pegs.

For example, if I find a store with 4 Animated Clone Wars Clone Troopers I may buy 1 or 2 to open, and in doing so I will look for the least desirable package, because I know that I will be opening it. If the same store has 3 I will only buy 1, but if they only have 1 and I already have the first (MOMC) one I need I will leave it. Does that make sense? I just try to be courteous.

I'm glad to hear you are all trying to help each other out. I can't tell you how many time posters here have helped me score, say...the new Unleashed Clone Trooper, or some other such goodie.

Sith Lord 0498
03-01-2004, 08:28 PM
I have a basic philosophy when it comes to buying multiples. If it is a figure I really want multiples of (ie Army Builders) I try to leave at least half of what I find on the pegs.

For example, if I find a store with 4 Animated Clone Wars Clone Troopers I may buy 1 or 2 to open, and in doing so I will look for the least desirable package, because I know that I will be opening it. If the same store has 3 I will only buy 1, but if they only have 1 and I already have the first (MOMC) one I need I will leave it. Does that make sense? I just try to be courteous.

That's a good philosophy to have. As for me, it's rare that I buy multiples of figures. I do have around 10 Clonetroopers in various forms (Speeder Bike, SA, ARC, basic Saga, etc.) and a few other basic figures that I've used to make custom figures. When it came to these multiples, I waited until KB Toys started their huge clearance sales ($1.99 and $2.99 each). That way I know there's plenty to go around, I'm not gyping anyone, and I'm actually doing people a favor by clearing the pegs.

I'm glad to hear you are all trying to help each other out. I can't tell you how many time posters here have helped me score, say...the new Unleashed Clone Trooper, or some other such goodie.

I try to post as often as possible because I've been helped out by fellow forumites in the past (the first time was tracking down a TIE Interceptor back here while I was away at college). It's really the best way to find merchandise in the face of shoddy (but steadily improving) distribution.

Sith Lord 0498
03-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Just a quickie update today. The Route 11 K-Mart in Edwardsville has 2 Jabba the Hutt figures and 1 Court Denizen set left @ $10.99 each. You'll have to do some digging on the shelf for the Denizens (they're partially buried under a pile of toys right near the SW pegs - so much for store maintenance).

Darth Alex
03-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Just a quickie update today. The Route 11 K-Mart in Edwardsville has 2 Jabba the Hutt figures and 1 Court Denizen set left * $10.99 each. You'll have to do some digging on the shelf for the Denizens (they're partially buried under a pile of toys right near the SW pegs - so much for store maintenance).
I have had NO time to post, but I did find the Wave 2 Ultra at the Williamsport Kmart last week-great job on the B'omarr pack.

BTW-I can't make it tommorrow but here's a heads up to Sith Lord and everyone else in the area. Per the Toy Dept MGR., the Wilkes-Barre new Super Store opens to the public at 8 AM tommorrow(I had heard it was 7, I was wrong...). They expect to have full shelves, including SW Stuff. They were too busy to check UPCs out, but good luck if anyone goes. It always helps to give tips I figure, because the more bought, the more ordered, and it's nice to see someone happy with a find, rare as that may be...

Darth Alex
03-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Made my usual calls this morning to Walmart, etc.
Still nothing showing up in the stores that are outta SW figs.
Is this ever gonna change?

Darth Alex
03-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Wow, finally a good find! I found the Ozzel wave at the Bloomsburg Walmart on Sat. 3/27. I found 3 each of Ozzel-Bossk-Dengar and 2 each of Dodonna-Antillies-Tie Pilot-Vander. The only other figure they had was a Bar2d2. But...man, it's great to finally see some new figs. According to the female toy stocker, they got in 4 cases on Thurs. 3/25, so I got real lucky with the find. Did anyone else in Central or NEPA find this wave yet?
I have to get running, but real quick-I open 'em all, so here's a quick few tips...Bossk can NOT hold his gun w/o the rubberbandthing, Ozzel's neck is supremely sculpted, and Dengar might have one of the top 5 paint jobs including gun on any SW fig in the 3 3/4" line. I have 2 friends who collect, so the spoils are divided up and the pegs are once again empty. The positive thing is others are buying figs and not hogging the cases. The feeling of a new find is finally back....

Darth Alex
04-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Just a quick note...found all 4 of the Saga "cinema" scenes for $7.99 at the KB near Williamsport. They had about 4 of each scene and for the carded collectors the condition was about as mint as you can get. My friend grabbed each half of the Geonosian War Room, I picked up all 4, and there are still plenty left. Strangely though, the Tie fighters have all been bought up...oh well.

Darth Alex
04-09-2004, 07:46 AM
As first posted in the Saga thread: Silver Clonetrooper Story, the TRU near Williamsport did indeed get the Red Leader X-wing in for $29.99. I have my name on a list and there are still no Silver Clonetroopers in stock yet. In fact, the management including the District Manager who was there on 4/6 seem to have no clue as to what happened to the shipment they were going to get.
Anyway, I'm passing on the X-wing for now. The figure with it absolutely stinks-for Hasbro to make such a great Dutch Vander figure and then turn around and pack in this junk pilot is just plain stupid. How hard could it be to take the Vander mold or the POTJ Luke Mold or even the Biggs mold and put an accurate head on the pilot? I seriously think people who work at Hasbro are either clueless or crafty because they knowing take advantage of the fact that we'll buy anything they put out. There has to be a point where quality control steps in or we as buyers...well, exercise our right to NOT BUY.
The biggest insult on this piece is the stupid paper droid behind the pilot.
Now, come on, if you're gonna put out a vehicle that can fit a droid, INCLUDE the droid...or sell the correct droid on a single card!
If I was marketing this exclusive, here's what I would have done:

1. Make the X-wing, keep it in the scale it's in now, take out the goofy cardboard pilot/droid mock-ups, and lower the price to $24.99. When the OTC X-wing comes out, I would absolutely keep the X-wing in scale with this one for sake of accuracy. I understand that some have space concerns; I'm in the same boat. But if I could affordably build a little fleet of X-wings, I'd just as soon buy the accuarate, modern version.

2. Make a 4 pack of pilots. 2 ways to do this- Repack Luke, Biggs, Porkins, and Vander for those who are new to the hobby in this OTC DVD year, or include some main characters and a generic, but well-sculpted Rebel pilot. If Hasbro is in the business of selling toys and they want to sell more, then they have to give people a reason to buy more. More pilots in hand would lead to more X-wings sold. Now would also be a nice time to see a re-sculpt of pilot Biggs(removeable helmet at least).

3. Make some droids to go in those X-wings. Make a 4-pack with different droids-of course, include R2, but also make some movie-accurate droid domes so some variety can go into the X-wing fleet. Include a hinged ladder to fit on the X-wing or some sort of mobile step accessory to go in a X-wing diorama. If R2 would be in said 4-pack, make a damaged one from the trench run for sake of variety and newness.

I'm not a rocket scientist, but why is it that time and time again I read people's posts and find that we can come up with better ideas than what's showing up in the stores?

Rant over, but bottom line, I'm not sure it's worth $30 to essentially get a clean version of an X-wing I already have with a junk pack in figure and no droid. I'm at the point where after still not finding any CW SA Clonetroopers, I'm pretty much fed up with army building. I used to collect everything that came out in the 3 3/4" line, but with the supreme drought of '04, I no longer army build and I don't go on toy runs. So, if you're near Williamsport and you want the "new" X-wing, here's a heads-up. Good luck.:neutral:

sith_killer_99
04-09-2004, 10:54 AM
In fact, the management including the District Manager who was there on 4/6 seem to have no clue as to what happened to the shipment they were going to get.

Good news..."I found them!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50263&item=3186783858&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Darth Alex
04-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Good news..."I found them!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50263&item=3186783858&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
You have brought some humor into my day!:crazed:
As I still chuckle...do you suppose this dude drove from Boston just to claim a case of Clones meant for Central PA?
This is insane and a good example of...wait for the cliche...the DARK SIDE OF THE HOBBY. BWAHAHAHAHA...:crazed:
Folks, these are supposed to be a promotional item that's free. Anyone dumb enough to pay $300 bucks for a case, well, I've got a couple of bridges to sell ya.

Darth Alex
04-16-2004, 07:44 AM
The Silver Clones finally hit Central PA...I had my name on a list at the TRU near Williamsport and finally got the call. bbbuuutttt...I got figures meant for someone else. Ya know folks, last time I checked, when my first and last name are not on the sticky note, and I don't recognize the phone number either, it's a sure bet that the TRU animal handler should not hand over the goods!
I pointed this out and got the weakest excuse...the guy, kinda didn't materialize??? I was actually told this-am I lost in a Star Trek episode? I told the clerk I didn't want to take figures meant for someone else and she kinda got....well...very angry. When I asked if there was even anything held for me, she pointed out then that they got in a limited quantity and OOOPS didn't have enough. SOOO, if you had one or two or four on hold and didn't jump right down to get 'em, your stock got sold. What is going on???? This is simply awful and judging from the way TRU handles their customer relations there is a potential time-bomb ready to go off.
Whoever this guy was, I know his "note with phone number" got tossed; I watched it. Unless the clerk goes dumpster divin', if this guy shows up, well, even though he had figures on hold, he ain't gettin any. The clerk said they were out and would not be getting anymore.
The figure does, as had been reported, look like a near-empty spray paint can of fauz silver was used to paint the clone. In the warm 60 degree PA sun, it didn't exactly radiate that mirror-quality of other fine silver metal-vac'd figures of old. As an opener, I was suprised at the...glue is it?....used to keep the gun in place. I was also shocked to see a rather large human hair stuck in the glue on the figure's left "barrel" hand.
Bad paint jobs are one thing, human hair in the figure is entirely another.
Speaking of bad paint jobs, you can reference my reply in the LA just found forum for more info, but there is one, count 'em, one Ozzel at the Walmart near Williamsport. The face is not only gravy stained, but Yakuza sliced. A good buy for people who want the ever-elusive choked and facially soiled variant!

Darth Alex
04-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Found 3 new figures in the Bloomsburg Walmart on 4/18, in the AM they had 3 General Dodonnas. The paint job was great on one, smudged on another(the face), and the third had the eyes painted like he was beat up by Jack White. Hoth Luke was also there.
Boy, does the distribution stink this year, or what?
TRU in Williamsport seems to have put a stop to the new figures every Thursday-Friday. Although I'm passing, they did move about 5 of the Red Leader X-wing.
I'm really suprised at the Ultra Distribution, too. Jabba and the Monk have NOT shown up at a Walmart in about 2 months and the repackaged(but first time on shelves!) Jango/Obi-Wan Kamino Ultra haven't shown up at all. You'd think with multiple case assortments PLUS another with the new Flying Attackwok you'd think Hasbro would send the stores some.
I talked to a pretty-cool stocker at the Montoursville Walmart. He said they get less and less questions on SW and when they do, it's more ******-off fans not finding a thing. The toy department there basically feels their hands are tied-they keep trying to order cases only to find that the home office has none to send BECAUSE Hasbro won't fill their orders. He also said they're getting tired of re-ordering orders that cancel due to non-fulfillment.:bored:
For a company that has a stock uptick, what are they(Hasblaw) DOING????

Darth Alex
04-19-2004, 01:38 PM
BTW-Sith Lord, are you finding anything up in your area? I'm guessing not, as no one from up that way has posted anything. I'm coming up to Pittston on 4/20, I may look around, but I fear there's not much point. If you do respond, has the WB Target finally got any Basic figures in? They've been out for months on end....

Sith Lord 0498
04-23-2004, 06:55 PM
BTW-Sith Lord, are you finding anything up in your area? I'm guessing not, as no one from up that way has posted anything. I'm coming up to Pittston on 4/20, I may look around, but I fear there's not much point. If you do respond, has the WB Target finally got any Basic figures in? They've been out for months on end....

I guess this reply will be a little outdated and useless. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. My computer's been in repair for three weeks, and I just got back up and running.

There's been SQUAT around here. Not that I mind too much. Money's been a little tight, so my Star Wars hunt went on a brief hiatus. The only new merchandise I've seen is the new Red Leader X-Wing at TRU, and that thing just looks cheap. Dagobah X-Wing is much better.

Target has been useless with only the same handful of Animated Anakins and Dookus on the pegs. They did have three Saga figures last night, but they were the Darth Maul, Han Solo, and Princess Leia HOF figures. The scanner showed nothing in the stockroom either. Oh yeah, they had the Darth Maul and Obi-Wan collector's glasses too.

Darth Alex
06-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Sorry that I never replied to this, Sith Lord. I'm still very much into the hobby, I just haven't had time to post the past weeks.
I've found the Madine wave only at the TRU near Williamsport so far. If you need any of that wave, post so and I'll get back to you-I'll be checking the boards more now so I'll see your posts.
For anyone else from NE or CL PA, good luck finding anything new. Kmart has a good grasp on the HOF wave, but all I'm seeing is the Han-Luke-Ani-Leia combo, occasional Yoda. Walmart has gotten in the Ewok Ultra wave in Pittston and Halzeton, as well as solid re-stocks on the HOF; I picked up a couple of Stormies that way.
TRU seems to be the best bet for new stuff every Thurs-Fri, and they seem to carry a lot of cases. For instance, the Jedi Luke case has been showing up pretty regularly in my neck of the woods, and that's not a bad thing as the cases are selling.
While I'm not excited about all the repacking in the OTC, I do look forward to the first sighting of the Dagobah case.
BTW- the TRU Carkoon 4 pack just hit and what's up with those weapons for the guards? They stink! Too big, wrong color, just plain cheap on Hasblos' part...

Sith Lord 0498
06-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Don't worry about the late reply, Darth Alex. I've actually had to take a forced leave of absence from the hobby. Between the costs of moving, getting married in less than a month, and my hours at work being cut back, money's been tight lately--although I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for Ozzel, Madine, and Lando General, so if you find those, keep me posted! Thanks!

kwyjibo111
06-04-2004, 09:58 AM
I pretty much buy online any more. I'm sick of the lack of product in the stores, not to mention the poor service and rude behavior, especially at Target stores.
I still go to Wal-Mart about once a week, but that is it.
You pay alittle more online, but gas prices are insane, and the time you waste looking, it more than evens out. Plus I have everything upto and including the first series of The Oringinal Trilogy collection.
Target sucks, the one in Dickson City especially, the employees are A-holes.

Darth Alex
06-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Don't worry about the late reply, Darth Alex. I've actually had to take a forced leave of absence from the hobby. Between the costs of moving, getting married in less than a month, and my hours at work being cut back, money's been tight lately--although I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for Ozzel, Madine, and Lando General, so if you find those, keep me posted! Thanks!
No problem and good luck with getting married. I also hear you with the hours at work cut back; it seems money is tight for everyone I know this late springtime in PA.
TRU let me down this week in Williamsport-no new cases, just another of the Green Clone 3pk case put out. Walmart near me is actually selling some of the Aalya wave, so hopefully I'll see some Lando General wave soon. I hope this case isn't like the Sio Bibble wave from 00 as I know quite a few people still looking for not only Lando-Han-Madine, but also the Bossk wave as well.
Again, good luck with getting ready for the big day. I'm not married yet and have enough trouble finding....ahem..."normal" women to date:bored: .

Darth Alex
06-06-2004, 02:24 PM
I pretty much buy online any more. I'm sick of the lack of product in the stores, not to mention the poor service and rude behavior, especially at Target stores.
I still go to Wal-Mart about once a week, but that is it.
You pay alittle more online, but gas prices are insane, and the time you waste looking, it more than evens out. Plus I have everything upto and including the first series of The Oringinal Trilogy collection.
Target sucks, the one in Dickson City especially, the employees are A-holes.
I can not argue with your point. I am going to dip into the waters of case ordering again with both EE and starwarshop.com probably in July. With gas being up so high and time always at a premium, the hunt does get old sometimes. I usually pick one day a week and go on a small run for a few short hours. For me, Thurs-Fri seems to be the best choice of days.
And I hear you on the Target tip. Dickson City and State College both seem to have lost the meaning of customer respect/service. Big props to Wilkes-Barre, though. The folks manning the toy area are super-cool and helpful, even if the store seems to be perpetually vacant of any new SW offerings.:ermm:

Darth Alex
06-17-2004, 11:43 AM
I went on a little toy run through Berwick, Bloomsburg, and Williamsport yesterday. Nothing new to report except a few things:

Kmart- pre-gold stripe Saga figures are $1! I picked up a Watto and a Lott Dod in Williamsport. I asked a toy clerk and she said this must be a chain-wide mark down. Also picked up a CW Destoyer Droid Launcher for $2 in the same store. For what it's worth, there may be some good army builders left in the PA Kmarts, so good luck.

Walmart- I wish I had a scanner to give proof, but I got the Ultra Ewok at the WIlliamsport store for $.59 cents!!! I am NOT making this up. This Walmart never has anything new since the Aayla wave got dumped there, but last night I found 3 Saga Snowtroopers and the Ewok. The clerk had trouble scanning the Ewok, pressed a key, and it rang up for 59 cents. I'm wondering if Wally World is clearing these out ala Target or if this was a return (!) from a customer since I've never seen this wave at this store. Further proof of the strange buys in this hobby....

TRU- Williamsport has 3 CW Jedi Army and 5 Green Clone packs. If anyone is interested, go get em.

Good Luck! I'll post again this weekend after I do a little more hunting...

Darth Alex
06-21-2004, 06:34 PM
A lot of good news to post...

First off, was in the Hazleton area on Friday on my way to family in Rhode Island and found some things. The Hz Walmart got OTC sabers! They had the electronic Darth and Luke, no sign of the others, and had 4 each. This Walmart still has a lot of HOF-Obi, Ani, Yoda, Luke, Leia, Han, and suprisingly some Jabbas and some Ewoks, still. The Hz Toyworks is pretty dry, still have the Yellow Striped Clone 12" if you need it. Kmart continues it's pre-gold stripe Saga clearance, Figs like Taun and Jango/pilot were only $1 and I found a CW DD Launcher for $2; still had one after I bought one.
While in RI I was concentrating on family, but did make a major score-one CW SA Clonetrooper from a grocery chain called Stop 'N' Go. $7.99, GREAT figure, one of my personal all-time SW favorites. I did see some Obi & Ani CW figures, too, but no other CW SA troopers. This IS proof that they are out there; never doubted it, but it is sad that these are not on the slate to be re-issued. AND... being a standup guy, I gave it to my best friend for his birthday present. Opened, of course. I'll rant more about the find in the CW thread. All in all, it really is great.
Anyway, back from RI and found out some good news from TRU. The store near Williamsport has this info in their computer:
Wed 6/23- Darth Vader TIE Fighter. A Whopping 1,812 (!) are on order for our region-NE and Central PA. Also, Wed 8/25 is the drop date for the OTC 12" line, although no case amounts for our region are listed. The EXTREMELY helpful clerk said the Vader TIE will probably be a week late as the coding in his computer states. While he had no info on 3 3/4" cases, they're bound to show up sooon.
BTW-believe it or not, I scored an Ultra Ewok for 59 cents at the Montoursville(Williamsport) Walmart!!! If I had scanner access, I'd prove it. The clerk in the toy dept said it was a return and when it rang up, the code was "strange" in the system. So, who knows, if you're in a local Wally World and they have a SW item(s) that isn't normally there, maybe it'll be cut 'n' slashed price-wise. This Walmart also had a fresh case of the cheapo lightsabers in the new black/white cardboard display "stand".
So, good luck hunting. I guess the OTC is really on it's way...:crazed:

kwyjibo111
06-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Hey great finds, great post too. Good information, Thanks

Darth Alex
06-23-2004, 06:03 PM
You're welcome, kwyjibo111. If it helps people find what they're looking for, toys sell, people are happy, we all win, and evil-doers are smoked outta their caves...
Here's more good news:

TRU(Williamsport/Lycoming mall):
Even though the Vader OTC Tie was due in today, they didn't get it on the truck.
INSTEAD, a case of 2 each-OTC Tie & X-wing arrived!
The cases(clerk didn't say how many) will be put out tommorrow. If this follows previous patterns, the TRUs in Wilkes-Barre and Dickson City(Scranton) should have theirs tommorrow, too.
BTW-I will be moving back to the Wilkes-Barre area next week. I've had my fill of living in Williamsport. SOOOO....I will continue to post my finds, but the focus will be Wilkes-Barre-Kingston-Pittston-Scranton-Dickson City instead of Berwick-Bloomsburg-Williamsport-and the entrance to Hades, Lock Haven.
TRU near me(for now) NEVER, and the Rock means NEVER, has any case info on 3 3/4", so if anything pops up tommorrow or Friday, I'll post it.
If you live in the region and read this, by all means post what you find. If things stay spotty, we'll all need some help this summer finding things....

Darth Alex
06-24-2004, 12:00 PM
Today's update-

TRU- WIlliamsport got in the case of OTC X-wing and TIE. They put out one case, had two of each, I only picked up one TIE, so if anyone's interested the rest are there. They didn't put out any other SW product at all.

Walmart- Montoursville had three Snowtroopers and remnants of the Aayla refresh wave.

Kmart- Williamsport had nothing new, one lone Dodonna and more remnants of the Aayla refresh wave.

Darth Alex
06-27-2004, 12:34 PM
The Montoursville(Williamsport) Walmart has the OTC electronic sabers! They had 2 each of the Vader and the Luke Saber for anyone who is looking for em. The TRU near Williamsport still has the 2 OTC X-wings and the 1 OTC TIE if anyone needs 'em.

I'm looking forward to moving back to Glen Lyon this week. Toy runs between Wilkes-Barre and Scranton on a regular basis have been sorely missed!

Darth Alex
07-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Start lookin, folks, cuz the OTC has finally really hit NE PA!
Kmart in Dickson City got in a case of the VOTC Han, Ben, Leia case and the first case of Galactic Heroes.
I was suprised to see the Galactic Heroes so soon. They are pretty cool, with the Luke, Vader, and Han pack in stock, about 6 of each. No sign of C-3PO though.
Nice to see Kmart get back in the game.
I only collect the 3 3/4" line, so I grabbed the 1 Ben and 1 Han that were there. No Leia, though, no doubt she shipped and was snagged. The VOTC is the best packaging I've seen on a SW 3 3/4" figure so far. I still haven't seen ANY of the OTC single cards yet, so maybe that will change...?
Nice to be back home, BTW.

Also, TRU in Dickson City has about 12 of the Vader OTC TIE in stock. I passed for now, but do plan to buy one. None at the TRU in WB, though....

kwyjibo111
07-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey glad to hear you found them so soon. I just ordered them from amazon yesterday. I saw the Vader Tie the other day, the packaging is great but the figure and ship look like the one previously released.
Did you check any of the other local Kmarts? I'm sure they'll have them soon.
See ya

Sith Lord 0498
07-10-2004, 06:51 AM
I had the morning off from work yesterday, so I decided to do a complete toy run of the Wyoming Valley. Here's what I found:

K-Mart (Route 11, Edwardsville)
VOTC Obi-Wan, Leia, Han @ $9.99 each
Galactic Heroes - Luke and R2, Han and Leia, Vader and Obi-Wan @ $5.49
Bossk (Executor Meeting)

K-Mart (Route 309, Wilkes-Barre Twp.)
VOTC Obi-Wan, Leia, Han

K-Mart (Pittston Bypass) - NOTHING NEW

K-Mart (Birney Ave., Moosic) - NOTHING NEW

Wal-Mart (Highland Park Blvd., W-B) - NOTHING NEW

Wal-Mart (Pittston) - OTC electronic sabers (Luke, Vader)

Toys R Us (Wilkes-Barre)
Repackaged Luke Skywalker and Darth Sidious Unleashed
OTC Darth Vader TIE Advanced
OTC TIE Fighter
OTC X-Wing Starfighter

Target (Wilkes-Barre)
OTC electronic sabers (Luke, Vader, Anakin - Anakin's doesn't have OTC logo)
Remainder of CW Animated figs marked down to $5.49 each

Darth Alex
07-10-2004, 07:13 AM
Good to see your finding the new stuff!
I'm on my way to Kmart now, hope to score the VOTC Leia. Thanks for the heads up!

kwyjibo111
07-10-2004, 10:03 AM
The Dickson Cituy Wal Mart had tons of hte OTC figures yesterday (Friday), and a friend found the VOTC at the kmarts in Moosic and Dickson City.
Peace out.

Sith Lord 0498
07-15-2004, 07:13 PM
The K-Mart on Route 11 in Edwardsville has the OTC 12 inch collection--at least Luke and Boba. I believe there were three Lukes and two Fetts as of 8:30 this morning, and they're $29.99 each. Look on the "rafters" of the aisle directly above the Saga figures.

Sadly, what's posted in the OTC section is true. Boba Fett's jumpsuit is that horrid shade of deep blue that was seen on the prototype pics. Strangely enough, the back of the package shows him with a more movie-accurate suit. Honestly, neither figure seems to warrant the price tag, especially Fett.

By the way, they still have a couple Galactic Heroes packs left in stock.

Darth Alex
07-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the updates, guys.
I did manage to score some Lobot-CC Pilot-Bespin Leias at the Hazleton Walmart.
I was at Kmart in WB yesterday and bought one of the Boba 12"ers....sadly, it will be going back. While $30 is high, I must admit the packaging is very nice. Problem is, the "wookie scalps" are already coming undone; the black ones aren't banded properly nor are they held together right with the other colors. The gun doesn't fit the hand well and the absence of a neck is annoying. Boba looks cool, but unless one of my friends wants to buy it, it's going back.
I've been asking around at Walmart and they are suppossed to have a lot of figures in in the next 2-3 weeks. I went to the Dickson City Wally and found the remnants of the Lobot case.
BTW- TRU in WB got the 3rd Jedi scene in. It's not too bad! I put all 3 together last night and when assembled, all 3 look good! I can't wait to get the other 3!
KB seems to be coming up empty, the Friday trucks have no new stuff.
And can anyone tell me what's up with Target. The toy clerks in WB say that the Xmas reset isn't for another 2 weeks, so maybe we'll see new stuff then.
BTW- thanks for all the updates. You've helped me find stuff, I hope I'm doing the same.
I plan on calling Walmart on 7/20 and 7/21 as well as swinging by Kmart. Good luck!

Darth Alex
07-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Quick update-hit Bloomsburg and Berwick yesterday, nothing new.
I was in the WB Walmart this morning, one HOF Leia.
Target said on the weekend to check back around 8/6 for new stuff.
After all the photos/info from comic con, I'm fired up to find something.
I'll be out and about all week, so if I find anything, it'll be posted....

Sith Lord 0498
07-28-2004, 04:50 PM
MAJOR UPDATE!!!!!!!

Wilkes-Barre TRU - There is a single Millennium Falcon left @ $54.99

Wilkes-Barre Target - The toy dept. did their Christmas setup this morning. There is a lot of OTC merchandise on the shelves as follows:

Luke Skywalker 12 inch
Boba Fett 12 inch (blue suit)
Boba Fett 12 inch (GRAY SUIT!! - much, much better IMO)
VOTC Han, Leia, Obi-Wan
OTC Ask Yoda
OTC Lightsabers
OTC X-Wing and TIE Fighter
Obi-Wan and Leia Unleashed (new packaging)

NOTE: Target has a spot for the Falcon as well. It will be $49.99 when it arrives.

Darth Alex
08-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the update...good to see Target getting a jump on new stuff.
According to the Kmart toy depts(various stores), this is the week for the Xmas reset...so stuff should show up soon like basic figures on TOP of what has trickled in already.
TRU is due, nice to see the Falcoln, I'll buy when I get paid again.
Walmart is really whiffing, hopefully they'll break soon with the new goods.
Tommorrow it's 7 weeks to the DVD release. Stuff has to be hitting big time soon.
I also hope KB will get on board with the OTC soon. They're always good for a look...

Darth Alex
08-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Stopped by Target to check out some DVD action today and made a BIG find.:crazed: Apparantly Target is the place to be for new stuff. They got 3 of the $49.99 Falcon in this morning as well as more Obi-Han-Leia VOTC and two cases of the Dagobah OTC wave. I didn't see any R2s or Obi-Spirits, but I did grab the remaining Yoda (1) and Luke (1) and Luke was in the Dagobah standing pose. I grabbed the Xwing Luke (1), nice to see the buck teeth gone and nice helmet scuffs. Target also had the ROTJ Vader (2), Jedi Luke (2), Greedo-Stormtrooper-Commtech Han Repack-Boba (all 1). Little low on cash, so I passed on the others, but they were gone by the end of the day-I stopped back. 2 Falcolns were gone, too. So, it's nice to see the stuff moving.
Kmart, Walmart, nothing new. TRU still had the $54.99 Falcon in stock.
Good luck.
BTW-KB (WB) didn't know what the OTC/VOTC was. Nice to see the employees reading Toyfare, etc....

Darth Alex
08-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Quick update...

Walmart(WB)- got in a case of the VOTC, no Luke, in last night. Grabbed a set for my pop, didn't see ANY other new OTC stuff or any more VOTC cases.
I'll quick my gripes about Walmart now....

Target(WB)- had Leia back in, one of her. Nothing else new, but MAJOR reshelving is going on in the Toy Dept. Also had the OTC Lego Millenium Falcon in-pretty cool:D , $99.99 price tag...

Kmart(WB/Hazleton)- the resets for Xmas in toys are underway, nothing new yet, but OTC(basic), VOTC, and Falcon(non-Lego) tags are all in place and waiting for stock.

Walmart(Hz)- Nothing new, a few stray HOF wave figures and the only OTC besides lightsabers are the Lobot and Leia(Bespin) figures, about 4 each left.

I'm going on a run today and tomm., I'll try to post some finds.

Oh and BTW....
...ran into Sally a Hasbro rep at the WB TRU yesterday.
She said the OTC stuff, "all of it", is shipping now and will continue to be shipped through the rest of the year. She was a little skittish, but did say that the overseas manufacture and the time for sea shipping is what's making it so hard to tell when figures will hit shelves and in what stores. The Falcon and the Ask Yoda are the only toys she's got "fact" sheets on, Sally said she didn't even know what 3 3/4" figures were coming out-strangly enough, nor did she care to.
I got the impression that she was being honest, but judging by her reaction to my questions, she seems not really interested in what "we" get as collectors.
I know Hasbro makes a lot of different lines of product besides SW, but the lack of information or reasonably good answers is just another symptom of the modern era- retail gets what it gets when it shows up so if you find it great, if you don't, ughhhhh...:bored:
Finally, when asked where she stops, it seems Kmart and KB are NOT on her list. Just TRU, Target, and Walmart. Interesting...since KB employees don't know what the OTC is, I wonder if they will get it, or if more clearance is now the name of the KB game...hmmmmm:ermm:

And if anyone's interested the new SW Insider (OTC character cover) is in at Barnes & Noble. I won't spoil any suprises, but it's a decent issue.

Last thing- where the hey is VOTC Luke? Is he being held back?

Sith Lord 0498
08-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Darth Alex--

Those custom figures I told you about are in the "EU Custom Figures" thread on the bottom of page 9 and on to page 10 and 11. Also, I'll PM that list of stuff I'm getting rid of to you sometime in the next few days.

As for everyone else...

Target (W-B) opened another case of the VOTC Han, Leia, Obi-Wan today. Also, the repackaged Unleashed Leia and Obi-Wan are back in stock.

Sith Lord 0498
08-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Wal-Mart Supercenter in Wilkes-Barre has OTC figures in stock. I grabbed the last Dagobah Luke, Yoda, and R2 (sorry, guys!!) They still have Jedi Luke, IG-88, Bossk, Luke Bespin, R2 (ANH), TIE Pilot, and a few others.

Wal-Mart in Pittston looks like it's been getting some figures in too. I grabbed the last Lobot this morning. There's nothing left, but keep an eye on that store. OTC is obviously arriving there too.

kwyjibo111
08-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Today at the Dickson City Wal Mart, I found OTC Tie Fighter, Luke Bespin, Bossk, IG-88, and some of the Dagobah (which I had). I grabbed the first 4 I mentioned. Plus the Kmart in Dickson City had the VOTC Luke (3")

Darth Alex
08-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the updates. Sith Lord 0498, good to run into you at Target.
I'll try to set things up on Wednesday of this week so you can message me.
Good to hear about all the finds-Galactic Hunter has a poster finding stuff in Hazleton and it's good to see WB and Dickson City getting stuff in.
Cash is getting really tight, but at least with Walmart there's layaway...

kwyjibo111
08-12-2004, 06:16 AM
The toys r us in Wilkes Barre had the VOTC Vader and Yoda in stock yesterday.

Sith Lord 0498
08-14-2004, 08:13 AM
I decided to drive up to Steamtown last night, hoping to find the Predator figure I wanted to buy at Suncoast. Boy, was I surprised when I got to the wall with movie collectables!! They have the entire Unleashed assortment with the Clonetrooper, Chewbacca, and Luke Skywalker (Hoth). Even better, all the Clones are the RED VARIANT!!

Downside...Suncoast is charging $19.99 each.

Sith Lord 0498
08-14-2004, 09:41 PM
More OTC news today...

The K-Mart on Route 11 in Edwardsville has the new Cantina Scene #1 w/ Kitik, Wuhrer, and Evazan for $19.99 each. There's three of them left right above the left-over Saga figures.

It is a significantly long piece of the bar, but the figures don't look so great. Wuhrer has way too much dark paint for shadow effects. Kitik only has three colors and very little detail. Evazan looks like a reject from "Total Recall."

Still, they're there for the taking... :)

kwyjibo111
08-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Tonight around 5 pm I stopped in TRU in Dickson City, and they had about 10 each of the VOTC Vader, Yoda, and Luke. Plus they had both of the new Jedi Temple sets. Also Monday night I found the Cantina set at K-Mart in Dickson City. Oh yeah, yesterday I found the new OTC Jawas, Snowtrooper, and Tuskin Raider at the Dickson City Wal-Mart.
Ok that's it

Sith Lord 0498
08-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Just a quickie update.

TRU in Wilkes-Barre had two VOTC Yodas and two VOTC Lukes as of this evening.

Darth Alex
08-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Just a quickie update.

TRU in Wilkes-Barre had two VOTC Yodas and two VOTC Lukes as of this evening.Good find.
BTW, Sith Lord, I'm gonna take a break buying figures for awhile.
Besides the usual money concerns we all have, I'm just getting really burned out and tired of the hobby.
At first I thought the OTC would be a great thing for SW collecting, but now I'm not so sure.
Facts are, it's really frustrating to NOT find what I'm looking for, and driving around from store to store or deal with online merchants is just a pain.
For now, don't email me with that trade list. If I'm back collecting, you'll see a post here. And if I do get around to sorting through what I have and get rid of anything I'll let you know.
I stopped by TRU today and the only VOTC there was the Han. I really DO believe you guys, I know yer finding the figs, it's just that not enough is making the rounds for everyone to be happy.

I'll still post, especially when I get the OTC DVD. I'm hoping there aren't too many sad changes, so we'll see soon...

I guess I just expected that with 4 + 1/2 weeks to go until the OTC DVD hits, I figured stores would get their act together. But...obviously it's business as usual.
So, good luck finding stuff, I'm taking a break, buy what I can't and WON'T find....

Sith Lord 0498
08-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Good find.
BTW, Sith Lord, I'm gonna take a break buying figures for awhile.
Besides the usual money concerns we all have, I'm just getting really burned out and tired of the hobby.
At first I thought the OTC would be a great thing for SW collecting, but now I'm not so sure.
Facts are, it's really frustrating to NOT find what I'm looking for, and driving around from store to store or deal with online merchants is just a pain.

I'm bowing out for a while too, Darth Alex--and for the same reasons too: money's getting tight and burn-out. It's ridiculous!! The new stuff is already starting to pegwarm (i.e. the VOTC Han and Obi-Wan, Ask Yoda, and Millennium Falcon)!!! The only reason I've still been posting and going around to the stores is because I still need to kill that hour in the morning between taking my wife to work and going to work myself. But even that will be ending in a week because I'll be working with the kids in school again, and that starts at 8:30.

I've already decided that I've had enough of the OTC, and there's only three things left that I'll look for: VOTC Fett (just so I'll have an ANH, ESB, and ROTJ carded figure on the wall--one from each), Slave 1, and Hoth Vader.

For now, don't email me with that trade list. If I'm back collecting, you'll see a post here. And if I do get around to sorting through what I have and get rid of anything I'll let you know.

That's cool. I'll probably just have a yard sale soon so my wife can get rid of some stuff too (she keeps asking when I'll get the SW boxes out of our living room :)). I'll likely post it on here too in case anyone else is interested.

I stopped by TRU today and the only VOTC there was the Han. I really DO believe you guys, I know yer finding the figs, it's just that not enough is making the rounds for everyone to be happy.

Very, very true. I went to TRU the next day, and I found the same thing: all VOTC Han figures. As it was, there were only two Vaders. I bought one, and another collector showed up just as I picked mine up and snagged the other one. When I left, there were 2-3 Lukes and 2 Yodas. You're right. There's just not enough circulating to meet demand.

I'll still post, especially when I get the OTC DVD. I'm hoping there aren't too many sad changes, so we'll see soon...

One last thing: if you haven't already pre-ordered the Trilogy, go to GameStop (the one on the road leading into Target's parking lot). With a trade-in of any three DVDs (as long as they're in the system to be traded), you can pre-order the widescreen DVD set for only $29.99. I traded in Predator (old version), Robocop (Criterion), and Galaxy Quest to get the deal, and then got rid of two X-Box games for $8 store credit. The Trilogy is only going to cost me $24 after taxes now!!!

Sith Lord 0498
08-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Another quickie update...

K-Mart on Route 11 in Edwardsville has two 12" gray-suit Boba Fett figures and two 12" Stormtroopers in stock. There's a pair in the pile directly beneath the Spider-Man figures. The other pair is above the Spider-Man figures.

Darth Alex
08-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm bowing out for a while too, Darth Alex--and for the same reasons too: money's getting tight and burn-out. It's ridiculous!! The new stuff is already starting to pegwarm (i.e. the VOTC Han and Obi-Wan, Ask Yoda, and Millennium Falcon)!!! The only reason I've still been posting and going around to the stores is because I still need to kill that hour in the morning between taking my wife to work and going to work myself. But even that will be ending in a week because I'll be working with the kids in school again, and that starts at 8:30.
I've already decided that I've had enough of the OTC, and there's only three things left that I'll look for: VOTC Fett (just so I'll have an ANH, ESB, and ROTJ carded figure on the wall--one from each), Slave 1, and Hoth Vader.
That's cool. I'll probably just have a yard sale soon so my wife can get rid of some stuff too (she keeps asking when I'll get the SW boxes out of our living room :)). I'll likely post it on here too in case anyone else is interested.
Very, very true. I went to TRU the next day, and I found the same thing: all VOTC Han figures. As it was, there were only two Vaders. I bought one, and another collector showed up just as I picked mine up and snagged the other one. When I left, there were 2-3 Lukes and 2 Yodas. You're right. There's just not enough circulating to meet demand.
One last thing: if you haven't already pre-ordered the Trilogy, go to GameStop (the one on the road leading into Target's parking lot). With a trade-in of any three DVDs (as long as they're in the system to be traded), you can pre-order the widescreen DVD set for only $29.99. I traded in Predator (old version), Robocop (Criterion), and Galaxy Quest to get the deal, and then got rid of two X-Box games for $8 store credit. The Trilogy is only going to cost me $24 after taxes now!!!Thank you for the detailed reply. I have not had a chance to post since last week, so I will say not too much has changed with my take on the hobby.
After rethinking it all, I have lost a lot of fire for the hobby, but I will still buy some select figures, just not everything.
For instance, I called TRU in Scranton last Saturday just to see if maybe a Vader VOTC would be there, and man, did I get lucky. They happened to have the Luke-Yoda-and Vader VOTC there.
Yoda is a good example of why I'm disgusted with SW collecting. I like the OTC Dagobah Yoda and don't see a huge improvement with the VOTC version.
I bought it to have the set of 12....but I will NOT be doing that with the regular ol'basic OTC line.
The Luke is very cool and the head sculpt I can live with. Massive amount of articulation, very nice.
HOWEVER....the Vader is probably my favorite figure ever. The cape(s), the neck, the look, the height, that chain, just PERFECT.
And sadly, impossible to find.
What's going to kill the hobby for me is eventually it's gonna be too much work to get what I want.
I called Bryan's Toys yesterday-still no SA Clonetroopers. R2DToys has em for $23 bucks!!!
Speaking of which, I enabled private messaging...Sith Lord, if you still want to sell or trade the one you have, I would be very grateful. I will probably grab your Outrider too. Send me a message and we'll set something up.
I'm starting to go through what loose 3 3/4" stuff I'm getting rid of, I'll get a list together soon.
Anyway, for everyone reading this, hang in there if yer frustrated. Kmart/WB is putting out alot of Xmas stock mid-September and Walmart/WB said a Hasbro rep was there this week and promised to help get more stock in more frequently.
TRU in both WB and Scranton didn't get anything yet this week SW-wise, but Scranton did say to call back tommorrow.
So, after all, I'm still collecting, but it's gonna be a figure I really want, not just to have or complete any waves.
BTW- I did finally find a Spirit Ben at the WB Walmart this past Tuesday. The figure rocks! I passed on the R2, though. There was a time I'd buy it, but I have too many R2s and I don't need another. I'll probably by the VOTC one, that's special to me, but that's about it!
Well, good luck on the hunt, and I'll post my finds. I'll not go on regular toy runs, but when I'm out, I'll let you know.
And Sith Lord, send me a list, we'll get together, trade, sell, whatever. I will absolutely ask for dibs on the SA Clonetrooper....thanks.

As a final point, it is distressing to see that the DVD is about 3 and a half(YES!) weeks off and the 50 OTC figures are STILL not in great circulation.
I hope September is a better month.

Darth Alex
08-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Another quickie update...

K-Mart on Route 11 in Edwardsville has two 12" gray-suit Boba Fett figures and two 12" Stormtroopers in stock. There's a pair in the pile directly beneath the Spider-Man figures. The other pair is above the Spider-Man figures.
Thanks for the post/find. My buddy Jamie is looking for the Stormtrooper, we'll have to stop buy(sic).:crazed:

Darth Alex
08-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Quick update for today...
TRU/WB-no new SW this week, clerk said to call back next Wed. when a truck is due
Walmart/WB-nothing today, check back on Tuesday
Target-dry again, nothing to put out over the weekend, call back maybe Monday
Kmart-check back the 2nd week of September
KB-lost cause...

This is simply pathetic. I even called Sam's to find out about the Falcon + figures pack and they have no idea what I'm talking about.
I'm gonna guess that places like Walmart will push the figures when the DVDs come out, but with other stores, who knows?

Called Bryan's Toys-no SA Clone for the foreseeable future and if you want a VOTC Fett, you're gonna pay $34.99!!!!!! + shipping, VOTC C3PO will be $22.99 + shipping!!!

On a different subject, the new Peter Jackson LOTR figure will be a chase variant-called Amok Time, they've been good in the past, but now say to just check their ebay site, if they even get any.

The whole toy scene is just pathetic.
At least by calling, I can save myself time, $$$, gas, and trouble/frustration.

Good-more money to go see Hero at the Cinemark...I've had the region free disc for a while, and if you haven't seen it and like Martial Arts films-run! Just get there, it's a new classic. I would buy figures if stores had em, but oh well. Off to Hero....and popcorn, too....

Jaff
09-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey there Kwyjibo111, Darth Alex, Sith Lord and all others by Williamsport, Wilkes Bare or any other place for that matter. At the Montoursville Wal-Mart off 80 the current inventory is: OTC Vintage - 3 Han, 2 Leia, 4 Bens, 3 Yoda, 2 Darth's, 2 Lando's, 1 C-3PO. OTC Regular - Lobot, Leia Bespin, Han, Luke Bespin, Bossk, Greedo, C-3PO, R2-D2, IG-88, Luke Jedi, all Dagobah figs, Luke Pilot, Stormtrooper, and a couple others. They will probably be gone in a few days as our rate of sale is 20 - 50 figs a week. I do the ordering for this Wal-Mart, and order 2 - 3 cases weekly depending on what I feel Hasbro will ship us. If you would like me to help you out in getting stuff for you just drop me a private message and I'll give you my e-mail so I can give you all the info you need. I can inform you two days before the arrival of cases and it's only like an hour drive from where you are. Since I watch the cases I make sure to manage how much we order so we don't get 5 cases of the same crappy assortments (thus the pegwarmer effect is avoided). Whatever the case drop me a line if you are interested. I'm happy to lend a hand to alleviate your frustrations.

kwyjibo111
09-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Hey, thanks for the offer.

Darth Alex
09-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Yes, now that I finally have time to post, thank you for the offer. If I get down that way, I'll give you a call.
BTW- I was all over the Valley yesterday and found almost nothing new.
If you collect em, the AOTC wave of Galactic Heroes is at the Kmart down in Moosic near the Cinemark.
Walmart in Dickson City still had 3 VOTC Leias and the TRU up there had 1 VOTC Luke if anyone still needs them.

If anyone has an answer to this, please, by all means...
WHERE ARE THE TOYS AT?
Are stores holding on to stuff to put out on the 21st?
I can't find VOTC Lando and VOTC C3PO and believe me, I called the Montoursville Walmart after the post and just missed em, appartantly.
BUUUUUT....why is it so hard to find a Wicket here or a Biker Scout there?
Why are the VOTC is such a short supply?
If the 21st comes and goes and nothing new(NOT including Walmart 3 pks, those almost HAVE to get put out) shows up, I can only assume that the hobby/line has been given a vote of NO CONFIDENCE at retail.
I find it hard to believe that less then TWO WEEKS before the release of the DVD, shelves are so empty.

Stores have to be holding back, right....?

Sith Lord 0498
09-08-2004, 08:41 PM
BUUUUUT....why is it so hard to find a Wicket here or a Biker Scout there?

As a matter of fact, there is one Wicket at the Route 11 K-Mart in Edwardsville as of 8:30 this morning as well as Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot (several of them in fact), Stormtrooper, and a few others.

Darth Alex
09-09-2004, 11:10 AM
As a matter of fact, there is one Wicket at the Route 11 K-Mart in Edwardsville as of 8:30 this morning as well as Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot (several of them in fact), Stormtrooper, and a few others.
Thank you for the update!
I'm on my way to Lock Haven today, so I'll stop there soon.

BTW- Sith Lord, I'll have my "to sell/trade" list together next week, so we'll have to meet up-I do still want the SA Clone and the Outrider.

Jaff
09-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Sorry you missed the Lando wave, the new Lando is really nice, but the 3PO looks pretty dumb in the package. There is only two of each of these in a case of 8 so unless you go to a store when they are putting out a case it will be fairly difficult to find for the first few weeks. However when the Chewbacca wave hits these figures will probably turn into common sights. On the bright side I have 4 cases of the VOTC on order, and 6 cases of the OTC stuff. I'm hoping that the OTC will be either the Tusken wave or the new Gamorrean wave. The Gamorrean wave will be released to tie in with the DVD release. This stuff should arrive in the next two weeks. I'll post when I see that the items are in the warehouse. After they are in the warehouse they will arrive in the store in approx two days.

You should be seeing more Biker Scouts in the future because this fig will be packed in with the some Gamorrean assortments. Wicket on the other hand is another story. He was packed in with the Cloud Car Pilot wave, and that's about it. These cases will stop their run this month. I'll keep my eye out for one for you.

The DVD three packs will be released on the 21st. All Wal-Mart's should be getting a pallet of these three sets on Thursday next week, but they will not be allowed to go out until the 21st. I will let you guys know that they came in when they arrive if you want to know. Also I have no word on the carrying cases. I have heard on a post here that they saw them in stores. I find that statement questionable as we have not had a Mod change for this item on our store smart system. I suspect this will hit around the week of the 21st.

Is it just me or do you folks think that the idea of these carrying cases with the same old figures sound like a really lame product? I think these will be sitting on the shelves after the first week!

Sith Lord 0498
09-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Also I have no word on the carrying cases. I have heard on a post here that they saw them in stores. I find that statement questionable as we have not had a Mod change for this item on our store smart system. I suspect this will hit around the week of the 21st.

Is it just me or do you folks think that the idea of these carrying cases with the same old figures sound like a really lame product? I think these will be sitting on the shelves after the first week!

It's not questionable. The Supercenter on Highland Park Blvd. in Wilkes-Barre has had these cases out for nearly two weeks now at least. They fill an entire side of a center floor display next to the bikes. The opposite side is split between Galactic Heroes and OTC figures. They barely moved any of the carrying case inventory though because they ARE lame.

And also....

Hear ye! Hear ye!! TRU in Wilkes-Barre has about a DOZEN of the VOTC Yodas, a DOZEN Vaders, and a DOZEN Lukes!!!! That's about all they have, but at least it's something.

Darth Alex
09-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Good news, guys.
I agree, the carrying cases are lame. I'm not anywhere near even a 3 and 3/4" line completest, but I'd still have a hard time forking over for em. On the other hand, for kids or people who don't have em, they are an option for a storage case.
The thing I think we're all on about is that the repack figures in both cases are a poor idea. The Fett is getting to be a bit much-this is the umpteenth release of this version and while I'm all for the POTF2 Commtech Stormie as an army builder, why the huge blaster when Hasbro is clearly making the new, smaller, better looking one(in my humble opinion.
And Jaff, thanks for the updates. If you get stuff in, I have friends I can visit in Williamsport-all the more reason to go on a toy run.
Sith Lord, thanks for the TRU update. I was at the Muncy TRU late Thursday(I had no time to post until now-gotta get my Dell hooked up!) and they had 10 each of Luke, Yoda, and that great Vader.

I think it's clear-stores are holding stuff back.
TRU in WB got in another case of the 12"ers(OTC), so I'm pretty sure the Stormtrooper will be there if you need him.

My massive toy run on Thursday did nab the Wicket(THANK YOU very much Sith Lord, I bought about 6 figures from the Edwardsville Kmart), but still no sign of the new VOTC case or the Endor Ambush. According to the desk clerk at the TRU(Muncy), look for the Endor Ambush either 9/21 or during the Vader 'giveaway' in Rocktober.

Sith Lord 0498
09-12-2004, 08:22 AM
TRU in WB got in another case of the 12"ers(OTC), so I'm pretty sure the Stormtrooper will be there if you need him.

My massive toy run on Thursday did nab the Wicket(THANK YOU very much Sith Lord, I bought about 6 figures from the Edwardsville Kmart), but still no sign of the new VOTC case or the Endor Ambush. According to the desk clerk at the TRU(Muncy), look for the Endor Ambush either 9/21 or during the Vader 'giveaway' in Rocktober.

You're very welcome, but I have to apologize. I was in an extreme rush when I posted about TRU and I forgot to mention several things.

1) They had the OTC 12 inch then too, so there are Fetts and Stormies to be had--I'm skipping them as they are too much money right now.

2) They DO HAVE THE ENDOR AMBUSH SET!!--about seven or eight of them in fact. Look on the bottom shelf.

There...that's my complete post this time!! :)

Darth Alex
09-13-2004, 03:26 PM
You're very welcome, but I have to apologize. I was in an extreme rush when I posted about TRU and I forgot to mention several things.

1) They had the OTC 12 inch then too, so there are Fetts and Stormies to be had--I'm skipping them as they are too much money right now.

2) They DO HAVE THE ENDOR AMBUSH SET!!--about seven or eight of them in fact. Look on the bottom shelf.

There...that's my complete post this time!! :)
Thanks, once again. I stopped by the WB are today, here's da finds:

All WB stores...
On GH the reports of Walmart getting the Falcon are true. Wally World got in a pallet/display with a bunch of the Falcons; however, no new VOTC in like the Hazleton store. They did get another case of the HOF wave...I dunno, maybe they were a return as all 12 were not there or maybe a cancelled layaway, who knows...I picked up another Stormtrooper for a display.
TRU-Yes! They do have about 7 of the Endor Ambush and more VOTC Lukes, about 4 of him. Passed on the set for now, may get it later this week. Why, oh why can't Hasbro just reissue the Saga Speeder Bike instead of the one with the incorrect scuplt....:bored:
Kmart-Nada
Target-Scoooooore! All 6 of the first VOTC for whoever needs em, all 4 of the Dagobah Wave(nice to see Ben haunting in), and finally I got the Snowtrooper. Yes, it is slightly more dirty...

Watched Empire of dreams last night on A&E. Pretty cool, although seeing the original and the SE footage just reinforces my theory that the OTC DVD should be 3 sets of 4 discs. Nice job, George...:dis:

That's it for now...

Darth Alex
09-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Well, some new things are circulating prior to 9/21...

Target- both in the area got the 8 VOTC case, I missed the Lando, but did grab the remaining C3PO at the Dickson City store. Both stores also had the Snowtrooper-Jawa case in, got 2 Snowtroopers in D.C. as well as the last pack of Jawas. The Jawas are a GREAT repaint, fantastic to see em again. Other than a cloth cape Jawa, one could not ask for a better 2 pack. I also like the 'dirty' paint on the Snowtrooper. No Slave 1 at either location yet.

I'll review it when I have more time, but the C3PO is the biggest letdown and waste of cash I've bought in SW outside of the Monkey Faced Leia wave.
I hope Chewy and R2 aren't letdowns as well in the VOTC line...

TRU- Dickson City got in the Dagobah case, my first glance of the Basic OTC at TRU. The WB store still has a bunch of the Endor Ambush set.

Walmart- Sith Lord, good to see you in WB, sorry to hear about the loss. Falcolns abound there, and the D.C. store has all 4 of the 1st VOTC wave.

Kmart- nothing new yet, buuuut I think that new Cantina Scene should show up soon.

It seems that these figures are selling, so it's good to see some movement in the hobby again.

I picked up THX 1138 yesterday. This is my first time seeing it and if you like classic Sci-Fi, I feel it is a classic. Duvall is fantastic as always, Donald Pleasance has the proper amount of menace and lunacy, and Lucas wrote and directed a great Orwellian parable on modern culture. For all the trash I've talked about his revisionist tacticts when it comes to the OTC DVD, I have a new respect for him as a multi-faceted filmmaker. The extras are good too...nice to see a well-thought out package.

That's it for now...can't wait for the 21st!

Darth Alex
09-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Found some new stuff this morning...

KB-WB(mall)- They got in 2 cases of the VOTC new wave, one of all four from each movie. Someone bought all 8 this morning according to the clerk, and the C3PO was the only one gone from the other case. They still have Vader, Luke, Leia, and Yoda if you still need em. Han/Ben are still pegwarming(I can't believe I'm writing that, but they are). I did buy(no bragging) the last Lando.
I gotta say Lando is worth the purcahse. Nice articulation, great sculpt, good neck/cape thing. I haven't had time to post reviews yet, but I still think the C3PO really stinks. He looks good, hard to mess that up, but it could have been so much more. C3PO is really the only one I'd say pass on if yer short on money, maybe Yoda, too.

TRU-WB- more 12" Stormtroopers, had 2 this morning, and about 4 more(12 total) of the Endor Ambush set.

I also went to Walmart, Target, and Kmart all in WB-including TRU and KB, there is very little evidence of the OTC and VOTC out there besides what shipped in about 2 weeks ago. I mean, you can still find some figures here and there, plus the Falcon and the Tie and Xwing, but nothing new...yet. No Slave 1, Ywing, ROTJ VOTC, or end cases of the OTC....yet. I'm hoping the 21st cracks things open...

BTW- I work at a couple of the local Gallery of Sounds(a locally owned independent record store with 11 locations for those of you not near NE PA!) and saw the soundtrack info in the computer. We're getting a 6 CD box called Trilogy and 2 CD sets of the soundtracks by themselves. The box is $59.99 and the 'sets' are $21.99 list, but all 4 items will be on sale according to our buyer, Mr. Chorba(thanks, Chorb).
I will buy these again as my ESB and ROTJ CDs from 1997 got scratched up...

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait to see Tuesday get here.

Also, be careful out there. My best friend is getting flooded out in Pittston and we have water damage at our house. I hope this rain will stay away....

Darth Alex
09-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Well, folks, NE PA is pretty busted for the big day.

After calling WB Sam's Club & WB Walmart yesterday and finding that NOTHING new was expected toy wise for the DVD release day, I figured I'd focus my time up north.

I don't know why I got outta bed for it...

All Scranton:

Nothing new....except the 3 DVD Packs at Walmart. The Luke/Ben/Droids one is in short supply, the ESB one is fairly stocked, but the Vader/Electromitt Emperor and I've got a huge blaster Stormtrooper are stacked up.

TRU had the Dagobah case in, KB/Steamtown and Kmart/DC had some OTC Wickets and Stormtroopers in, but Target hardly had anything.

I did stop by the WB TRU and the WB Target.....Target had the same stuff as yesterday, which is to say not much. TRU/WB is a joke...NO DVD display, nothing new.

Folks, I can see the end of the line again...toy runs just are a waste of time.
And I get angry when I read reports on the other SW collecting sites of people finding the new OTC waves and worse yet the VOTC ROTJ wave. I'm tired of being patient and I'm tired of hunting. I'm tired of breaking down and ordering a case online only for it never to ship or to ship well after I've found what I ordered in stores.

Rant over, but the point needs to be made that TODAY is the day. 9/21. People who are fans are GONNA have money for figures.

I used to be a open-collector completest. After days like today, I know I'm gonna look less and care less.

At least I have the DVD.

So, any rocks I need to look under in NE PA for SW toys? Did I miss some announcement that the toys are being held back until....when?

Jaff
09-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Hello everyone in Pennsylvania! It's about 9:00 PM here in Montoursville and one hour ago we got in 5 cases of OTC stuff. The cases arrived are as follows:
1 x Wave 8 consisting of Cloud Car Pilot, Wicket, Lobot, Boba, 3PO, Ben, Leia Bespin, Stormie, and R2-D2
1 x Wave 8.25 consiting of Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot, Leia Bespin, Dagobah Luke (handstand pose), dagobah Yoda, Dagobah R2, Spirit Ben, TIE Pilot, Darth and Princess Leia
1 x Wave ? (This case had no wave writting on it) consisting of 2 jawas, 2 tusken, lobot, leia bespin, Cloud Car Pilot, 2 Bossks (this sucks because we have like 6 Bossks on the shelves allready), and 3 Ben Kenobi (a unnessesary pack in). Needless to say this case was really very strangely packed.

and hold on to your hats - they have arrived!

2 x wave 9.25 consisting of Scanning officer, Bib, Lando General, AT-ST Han, General Madine, Leia Slave, Lando Skiff, Gammorean, both Darth vaders, tusken, and Biker scout

The last two cases will be gone very quickly and I bought one scanning officer a gamorean, and tusken so hurry down if you can. They are on the shelf whether they stay there through the night is another story.

Anyways never fear there is another case due in the next week, 3 VOTC cases due in the next week. Another 72 figures are on order and should arrive in the next three weeks. Next month around the end of october I am planning to make an endcap of figures after the Sly Moore wave is confirmed out so I'll keep you updated!

kwyjibo111
09-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Nice update, thanks for the information, I'll have to keep a look out around here.
Thanks

Sith Lord 0498
09-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Target in Wilkes-Barre has the entire vintage ROTJ assortment in stock. (Chewie, Stormtrooper, R2, and Boba Fett). There are also Vaders, Landos, Yodas. The pegs are overflowing with VOTC.

They also have two Tusken Raider Unleashed and one Aayla Secura Unleashed (with a horrific blue and purple paint job).

Jaff
09-29-2004, 04:58 PM
If any of you folks anywhere in PA want to find out the store # of your local Wal-Mart's I can tell you their current inventory levels on an every other day basis so you can know if they got new cases in. I can do it for any Wal-Mart in the U.S. so that goes for whoever wants it wherever. I will post bi-daily if you choose this as an option.

Darth Alex
09-30-2004, 01:06 AM
Target in Wilkes-Barre has the entire vintage ROTJ assortment in stock. (Chewie, Stormtrooper, R2, and Boba Fett). There are also Vaders, Landos, Yodas. The pegs are overflowing with VOTC.

They also have two Tusken Raider Unleashed and one Aayla Secura Unleashed (with a horrific blue and purple paint job).
It's awesome that Target got these in, great find.
Unfortunatly, I'm on vacation in Las Vegas this week...so I'll have to hit Target when I get back.

And Jaff, thank you for the info. I couldn't make it down when the new OTC cases hit your store. Keep up the posts, if you get in the ROTJ VOTC wave or restock on the new OTC cases, I'll call yer store, get figures held and travel down!

For my NON Las Vegas finds, head on over to that thread....:bored:

kwyjibo111
09-30-2004, 10:42 AM
The Wal-Mart in Dickson City has tons of the ANH VOTC figures, can't see them getting anything soon.

Darth Alex
10-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I called the WB Target this morning now that I'm back from Vegas. The toy "person" said they are holding a huge pallet of SW toys including a vehicle(Slave 1?) and many cases of figures. She wouldn't give me an exact date, but did say to check back at the end of October.
Is there something going on I don't know about? Why would Target hold stuff back at this point?

Also, I did snag a few VOTC Stormtroopers off of OMGCNFO.com while in Vegas. They were basically $11 plus about $11 shipping. Not too bad! They're expected to be in by Tuesday. I wish the ROTJ VOTC would show up again(wish I was here on Tuesday), but I figure I might as well get a jump on things.

Darth Alex
10-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Boy, oh boy, did I get a shipment today!
Those VOTC Stormtroopers arrived alreadyfrom OMGCNFO.com and boy are they great. Other than VOTC Han and especially Vader, best SW figure I've ever had. Even better than the SA Clone.
I'll say one thing, those guys are cool and I WILL order from them again.
I feel very guilty for this one....chump-like even, but I ordered the 2005 Sly Moore, 05 Pablo Jill, and 05 Queen and 05 handmaiden from Bryans today. Paid just over $70 clams, but....05 figures are out already. I called Hasbro and they confirmed that they are in production and will ship to stores """""soon""""", whatever that means to them since mostof the OTC/VOTC is nowhere to be found.

I normally don't pay 15-20 bucks a figure, but these will be something to see. I would have got Yarna, but it sold out this morning.

I think my online purchasing is gonna go WAY up.
Target and Walmart in WB both have SW sales, Wal on the 3.88 tip, Target at 3.88ish and 8.88 for the VOTC. BOTH stores are picked real clean. TRU/WB still has no OTC basic out and about 10-12 Hans and Bens from the VOTC. Kmart in WB has very,very little SW in stock.

I talked with Chuck, the Toy Dept Mgr at Target in WB, and he seems to think that SW is too hot (hah!) right now and stores that do more daily sales volume are getting the figures. But....as we all can read, no one is really finding anything too overstocked anywhere in the USA on the new SW line. He (Chuck) and another mgr. by the name of Paul were both actually really rude about the whole toy "thing".

I called back tonight and spoke to LeAnn in the WB Target Toy Dept. She said they are having some staff attitude problems right now, but SHE was the one who said Target IS holding stuff back for the last week in October. There is a huge Transitional pallet in back for a refigured toy section. YA KNOW, it's bad enough that the toy can't be found but when the Dept Mgrs(in this case, Mr Chuck and Mr Paul)don't have a clue, it doesn't help...:crazed:

I just don't gettit...I will have 4/5ths of the 2005 line next Monday, but I still can't get these figures:

VOTC Boba-R2-Chewie-Stormtrooper(in multiples on shelves)
OTC Hoth Vader, Biker Scout, Tusken, Scanning Tech, Bib, Gammorean
OTC Cantina #2(is this suddenly an online exclusive, Kmart-where is it?)

I am a very passionate collector and I'm sticking with the hobby, it's just very frustrating sometimes.

Also, Walgreens in Kingston has 2 of the 2nd Imperial Dignitary and 2 Hoth Lukes if anyone needs em. Probably the most interesting thing I saw on the hunt today was a Doc Ock! I picked the one up that Walgreens had for a friend...go figure!

Darth Alex
10-12-2004, 02:47 PM
I couldn't post over the weekend, so here's a roundup of the past few days.

10/13- The Yarna(#2/05) wookie will ship from Bryans. Cool....

10/12- Today only yielded the Target Slave 1(finally). And it's....uh....cool? Look, seeing the 300th Fett again(3rd I have now, say I) is great, but it would have been nice to see a VOTC-styled pack in this time(and Hasbla has the sculpt, cam on!).
The ship looks great, but with the added "dodads" on the middle and back of the ship, it's clearly a NEW Jango/Ep2 sculpt. Nice. No depth charges, missles galore, and since I haven't opened it yet the packaging says one figure in cockpit (!). The absence of a Cargo Bay that opens, Jango's missle tip and side gun, and a Carbonite Block give me a (WOW LOOKS GREAT,but....) mixed review.

Other than that I found NOTHING new today. I got fed up and made a flurry of calls to KB, TRU, Walmart, Target, and Kmart corp guest relations last week. End results:

KB-don't care
Kmart-no clue
Walmart-Can't find anything to restock with (!!!)
TRU-looking into the absence of any of the basic OTC in WB
Target-keep checkin, fool

SO...
Mail order has been good, though. Got Sly,Pablo,Queen,Rabe from Bryans. I gotta laugh, although they WERE inflated in price it shows how messed up this hobby is that I have 4/5 of the 2005 line RIGHT NOW and I can't find 8 of the OTC figures.

One non-rant....TRU did get in the BOBA-R2-Storm-Chewie case on Saturday. Got the 3 I needed. At this point, I'm not gonna army build-no space, don't CHOOSE to spend the money, and I am scaling back big-time how much I hit retail. It's a waste. EE, here I come. Cases, here I come.

Seriously, I'm through calling every store and running around. Between ALL the online sites, I'll get what I want.

BTW- the ROTJ VOTC case is the best. EVER. PERIOD. I wish they were all $4.99, but seeing such quality and coolness says that EP3 (movie AND toys) will rock.
The Pablo is really cool, but Sly Moore is great. I hope she uses a saber or a berylium pike in Ep3; great removable cloak, nice ball-jointed head and arms.

That's it for now-Sith Lord, I'll call, and we'll trade/sell/etc,etc.

Jaff
10-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Well after three weeks of wait finally 6 OTC cases came to Montoursville. Unfortunately these cases were the Wave 9A R1 cases which consist of 3 Lando Generals, 3 General Madine, 3 Han AT-ST Driver, and 3 Princess Leia Bespin. I was really hopping that we would have gotten the wave 9 cases with the Gammorean since we got them three weeks ago, or the Yarua cases but unfortunately we got pegged with these soon to be warmers. We have 18 of each of the figs listed above, and I'm sure they will be there for a while. I set up a star wars 4-way just away from the figures shelf home so look in the action alley by toys. We also got in two cases of the Boba wave VOTC.

Darth Alex
10-23-2004, 11:23 AM
I haven't posted in a little while because of my disgust with retail.
It seems that the cases with revisions(got this term off of EE.com) haven't shipped en masse yet, so I'm still holding out to get a Biker Scout, Fortuna, etc, etc at retail.
HOWEVER....good news:

TRU-Dickson City and WB- Both got in the Vader Helmet/Voice Changer, $34.99, less in WB than up north(about 10 up north as of late yesterday). Pretty cool, I'm getting one this week to check it out. The Y-wing has arrived, $29.99, got 1. About 3 each in each store. Good, good paint job, pilot is junk, and the landing gear still sink(nice goin, Hasblah!). Only the WB locale got in the VOTC ROTJ case, picked up 2 more Stormies, did notice that C3PO is now the rare one outta the 12.

Kmart- WB- Finally got in the Cantina Scene 2, picked up one of the 2 they had. In typical Hasbro fashion, the new cases are 2 of each Scene which means there will be Scene 1s everywhere until 2009. I like the Blue Snagletooth, had one as a kid, nice to have one again(darn that flea market in the 90's), but I gotta say, I need the Ben and Ponda Tag Team like I need to drill a hole in my noggin.

And Finally......NO NEW FIGURES.

At least the store folk are polite and keepin it re-elllll, by telling me that NOTHING is shipping.
I will probably order the Case 2 for 05 with the Cantina figures and the Sandtrooper from EE-hey, with a 11/04 ship date it's worth it. I still will wait on the other 6 OTC figures I need.
Is it me or does it not matter what SW product is out(DVDs, Videos), retail just doesn't get the stuff? No offense Jaff, it's not the fault of folks like you, it's just the crazy ordering/distribution system.

Anyway, peace out and all that stuff. Nov 4th will rule to see the trailer and since I'm flying up to the Cinemark for the Incredibles(YES!!!), it'll be nice to see the trailer(please,please,please attach it to the NE PA print).

Darth Alex
10-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Quick update...

TRU(WB)- Ywing is gone, clerk said a box of 2 Darth Vader voice changers sold yesterday before I stopped in.

Headed down near Jaff's way today, other than a Tusken OTC at the Montoursville Wally, nothing new:bored: .

Talked to Sith Lord 0498 yesterday(good to speak again...) and I share his frustration with the hobby.
I've finally decided not to army build anymore, at all, even if Ep3 is around the corner. Ya know, I bought the Cantina Scene 2, but took it back. I'd be paying $20 for a Blue Snaggletooth and that is just a rip. I don't want another Ponda, i don't want the Ben, and I agree with the line of thought some have that the Cardboard cantina from 98 is preferred unless Hasbro manages to make a Curved Section.

As with any hobby or "thang" yer gonna have your ups and downs. No doubt that seeing the new trailer next week(not to mention the Incredibles! :crazed: ) will get me pumped for the new movie.

BBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ......
Let's face facts, shall we.
Retail always goes through these dry spells, but with the poor stock out for the OTC/VOTC, I've pretty much had my fill. Annnnd...lloking over what I have, I have the same characters umpteenth times over. No one is twistin my arm to buy multiple R2s, Bens, etc, but I do wonder how many more I'm goona buy.

Looking at the prototypes for the Ep3 line(and I won't print any spoilers) I'm not all that excited. Ya, good scuplts. Ya, VOTC style arm articulation. But, that's what I expect at this point. Sith Lord made a good point yesterday about how this hobby is just too frustrating.
I called EE.com about the 05 Cantina Case for 11/04 shipment. No guarantees, same old story.

At this point, my NE PA finds posts are more about what isn't out than what is. It's time to re-evaluate some things....and the only conclusino I have is to downsize the collection, buy really great figures and pass on the rest.

Slave 1(OTC)-goin back. It's Jango's ship with the 4 plug in pieces and I still have not gotten an answer from Hasbro on the missle/gun pieces missing.

Ywing(OTC)-great American deco, but it's goin back. The pilot....come on, that's not even worth with that head, the landing gear sink, etc, etc. Goin back.

Cantina Scene 2-please. Insert quality/rehash joke here.

and....
Still NO NEW FIGURES at retail.
I'ts not like I need another Vader, but it would've been cool to SEE a Hoth version in hand to tell if I want it.

Look, rant over, but after Ep3 leaves theatres...I dunno...I'm just really fed up with aspects of the hobby(and the toy industry, by default) that are as bad as they're gonna get.

So until I find something new at retail, here's a little NE PA finds silence getting louder all the time....:neutral:

Darth Alex
11-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Local update...here we go...

Nothing new...yet. Friday according to Kmart in WB WILL see the release of held merchandise for the big sale. I hope we ALL find some new stuff at the sales across the USA. Again, I think we all help each other out here, so according to the local Kmart, Friday WILL see new cases that have been held back put out!

TRU- Truck tommorrow, usually Thursday/Friday are both great for new finds.

Target- Truck tommorrow, so who knows....

Good luck, hopefully there'll be some finds to post...

Darth Alex
11-18-2004, 04:34 PM
I have NOT posted since 11/3....shipments are pathetic around here.

The good news is the Naboo and Endor 4 packs are at both WB and DC TRUs if ya need em and it looks like the Ywing is back.

Anyone who is familiar with me on these board will have read my rants. I don't need to go off again...but I'll just make a quick note.

I was out with brother James on Tuesday and found the DC Target sitting on 5 Saga Aaylas, which should've been clearanced by now. The clerk said call back on Thursday for new stuff.
I called-one case in, one Biker Scout which I need, this was 8:45AM this morning. The clerk said he wouldn't hold it and that the usual SW Scalpers/Shoppers weren't in yet. I asked him why he's teasing me. He, justifyably said, what do ya mean? I said, why look for something for a customer, find it, and then not help one to get it....it's like teasing. He pretty much recited a corporate hold policy, IN SPITE OF THE FACT that this Target holds stuff for me pretty much ANY TIME I need it.
I real issue here is why they got 1 case of 12 SW figures in when they can hold 8 of em and why the Biker Scout is better packed, better shipped, and available everywhere.
Why does Hasbro take the time to print up cardbacks with the Pig Guard, Biker Scout, Fortuna, etc, and then NOT make them available?
I don't hide info when I find stuff, I SHARE the info because it's good karma, the right thing to do, and helps us collectors ALL OUT!!!
But....nothing is more frustrating than going to retail right now.
EE.com is the only place that has cases for order with the figures I want in them, but they are delayed until JANUARY 05.
How much more frustration does one have to take to hang in with this hobby before busting a blodd vessel, people?
I don't even like travelling to Scranton or Hazleton on a toy run on the off chance I'll find something because 150 out of 151 runs, I NEVER do.
What is going on with the OTC, people? HUH?