PDA

View Full Version : Spyware/Popup Blocking is great!

scruffziller
08-25-2003, 04:36 PM
I have obtained a new program called Ad-aware which eliminates all that junk programs on your computer that bring in those popup ads.
It is a free program and you can find it here http://www.lavasoftusa.com
Hopefully this thread won't be eliminated because I am showing another website. I don't work for the company, just trying to help out fellow forumites.

Kidhuman
08-25-2003, 05:07 PM
I have spysweeper which will search your computer for all traces of spyware and get rid of em. Takes about 5 minutes to do. First time I ran it it found over 80 pieces of spyware. The only two you leave on there are the Kazaa ones so you can use that.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-25-2003, 05:34 PM
I have spysweeper which will search your computer for all traces of spyware and get rid of em. Takes about 5 minutes to do. First time I ran it it found over 80 pieces of spyware. The only two you leave on there are the Kazaa ones so you can use that.

Is it shareware? Where can we get it?

Kidhuman
08-25-2003, 05:47 PM
I got it sent to me by my father in law. Idont know where he got it though. I could email it toyou though. Pm me with your addy.

hamsterboy
08-25-2003, 07:04 PM
I have both Ad-Aware and Spybot-Search and Destroy. What one doesn't get,the other does. Also have Spyware Blaster. Suppose to get them before they get on your computer. Another thing I have is something called PopSwatter. Doesn't get all of them but gets most.

Exhaust Port
08-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Between Spybot and enabling the built in blocker in Mozilla I haven't seen a popup since I first ran both in almost a year. I'm surprised more people don't run a blocker.