PDA

View Full Version : I just got an Arc Trooper Value Pack!

JangoFart
08-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi, folks.

Star Wars Paul is a seller on eBay from whom I've bought tons of stuff. He has posted a ton of the new Clone Wars singles and value packs. I just snagged one of the Arc Trooper Value Packs for $29.99. Not cheap, but I don't particularly care about that - I'm jonesin' for one of these puppies something hard!

Check his stuff out at:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=alliance_collectibles&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

You'll be plenty pleased.

J

icatch9
08-27-2003, 03:09 PM
OUCH! You paid $30 plus $7 shipping for that fig? What where you thinking :crazed: :eek:? That's overpaying by $30some if you'd of just waited a few weeks. These things won't be hard to find. Next time you feel like throwing money down the toliet, give me a call and I'll take it off your hands :D.

JangoFart
08-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Next time you get these figures for sale, it's a deal!! :)

J

Banthaholic
08-27-2003, 10:08 PM
Once again good find. I can't blame you with how unpredictable '03 has been. I remember you getting hounded earlier this year for paying a bit extra. I guarantee I have, and many others here have spent more than you in gas alone, plus the time commitment.

DarthChuckMc
08-27-2003, 10:19 PM
I ALMOST did the same thing. I look at his site all the time. BTW, he had them on eBay too for $5 cheaper Buy-it-Now. :crazed:

With all the new stuff that's hitting around Orlando the last 2 weeks, I'm almost broke. I haven't gotten a full paycheck yet from Target, so I'm scrimping and even selling some of my loose stuff so I can afford the NEW goodies.

Anyone consider that SAM'S or COSCO might be getting these?

I may go to both tomorrow, and have them check the computer to see if anything Star Wars or Clone Wars turns up.

I'll let you all know if I find out anything juicy ;)

JangoFart
08-28-2003, 12:55 AM
Ya know, DarthChuckMc, Sam's and/or Cosco sound like the most logical choice, in light of their past sets. I haven't even thought of that, to tell you the truth. But, in light of the POFT2 and EP1 exclusives, that's the best scenario I've heard yet.

J

RussUAE
08-28-2003, 01:13 AM
I've seen at least one online retailer selling the value packs for 19.95 each (or 54.95 for the three). Have ordered the Yoda and Ani ones to get the coloured clones - Got to admit is a very good marketign ploy of Hasbros, cos I'd not have bothered with the CW figures otherwise.

Can't wait for them to arrive, nor ARC Trooper which is on a separate order elsewhere.

Diorama Heaven.

DarthBrandon
08-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Good for you JangoFart, even though they are a little pricey, at least you can rest your mind knowing you have them. I'll probably do something a little similar once the price drops a little on them and they become more abundant.

icatch9
08-28-2003, 08:32 AM
I can't realy believe you guys are comending this purchase. I'm not trying to bash or flame anyoney. JangoFart, you work for your money you are free to spend it as you will :). Still, everyone complains about scalpers and what not, and this guy selling it is a pro. If someone on the BST board tried doing the same thing he'd get flamed clear off the boards. Am I wrong?

It's true that 2003 has been a funny year, but this time of year is the worst for buying any kind of toy. Stores aren't in toy mode and don't care that much about the toy department. It's funny how similar this it to when POTJ hit after TPM. Almsot everything is the same. People complaining they can't find anything. People worrying about Hasbro saying how they such and what not. Then it turns out that no POTJ fig was that hard to find with a little hunting and it turns out that is the line that most people actually like. Funny how soon we forget.

Anyway, I'll get off the soap box now and let someone else us it :D.

Sams or Costco is a good choice for those 2 packs, K Mart had a two pack in the past too and KB have the 4 packs now. So, you never know.

JangoFart
08-28-2003, 09:46 AM
I can't realy believe you guys are comending this purchase. I'm not trying to bash or flame anyoney. JangoFart, you work for your money you are free to spend it as you will :). Still, everyone complains about scalpers and what not, and this guy selling it is a pro. If someone on the BST board tried doing the same thing he'd get flamed clear off the boards. Am I wrong?

Well, I think you are wrong, icatch9. There's a difference in, for example, me tryin to sell a Mace Arena for $30.00 today and me trying to sell an unreleased Clone Wars value pack for $30.00 - weeks (perhaps months) before wide release and even before the retailer is known!

Is that scalping? Not by my understanding of the term. Is it expensive for a set that will, when and IF you can find it, cost $8 to $10? Sure it is. Do I care? Heck no! I'm soooooo burnt out on the search for the Fountain of Youth in store after store after store. With what I didn't spend in headache, gas, tire wear, car wear, and outright frustration, I can safely say if anyone got a great deal on this set, it was me; not the seller.

Oh, and by the way: Didn't we already have this discussion when I posted that I got the gold-band Saga carded critters early for like $15.00 each? Maybe we did, maybe we didn't - I'm getting old. But, it sure seems deja vu-ish to me.

J

Vortex
08-28-2003, 10:57 AM
Action figure HQ has all 3 for sale for 19.99 each and 8 bucks for shipping. With gas hitting 1.75 in MN, this is looking like a steal, and I'm glad I put my order in today.

I really don't blame jango at all. I remember lots of folks talking about how plentiful sio b, tc-14 and the cool yellow and blue droid should have been. I also remember the disapearance and non-existance of boshek and other were...then I remember everyone moaning about not seeing them or getting them, and other kicking them selves for not buying on line and waiting months so the price when up 5 times what it should have, and the mass bidding wars on ebay. Even Mon is a good example. Get stuff when you can. There's no magical toy fairy making sure eveyone gets what they want in the stores.

There is only 1 TRU in my area that stocks star wars anymore, and 1 target. Everyone else has pulled them from the pegs. So seeing the trend starting again, I'm making the call shot to get these while I can, since I'm 90% sure my local shops will not carry these items or other star wars items I want. Heck I haven't even seen any of the '03 waves in the majority of the stores. I've only run across 1-2 stores that had them. At this point there's no reason for me to bother with local retail stores anymore. I've seen this happen before and I know how retail shops work. I'm getting what I want from various on line retailers who actually have stock.

Right now there's zero guarentee that any of these items will show up at YOUR retail store. Even working at a TRU back in the day, just cause a toy is made, doesn't mean it will show up at your store.

Jargo, I'm glad you got what you wanted.

icatch9
08-28-2003, 12:16 PM
I understand your frustrationg, but I can go buy a Bo Shek today for $5 at TRU, in fact I can buy about 10 of them. But thats niether here nor there.

I don't really have a problem with you buying from on-line retailers/ebayers, but my point is you are over paying for this particular item. This item is going to be pushed very large becasue of the Cartoon. Many retailers are going to carry them. Retailers are excited about it becasue it's related to a cartoon, they know what that can do for business. Even if you can't find it in your area someone is. There are going to be millions of them out there. That means there are going to be millions on ebay. If you'd of waited until they hit the stores then the price on those bad boys would come well down. My guess is around $10.

Patience is a virtue, something many Star Wars collectors lack. Right now stores are only concerned with back to school stuff (clothing, school supplies, snack packs ect.). Starting soon it's going to turn to toys. The christmas rush is a great thing in the collector world. This stuff is comeing. We'll be swimming in it. In the past years no figure at retail has been hard to find. Ephant Mon is still current and the jury is still out on him, so point that out. Still, one out ouf 200 isn't bad now is it? Just look at how easy all the other Saga fig are to find.

The clone wars stuff will be everywhere for a while. Don't freet :D.

aceguide
08-28-2003, 12:27 PM
I can't blame the better safe then sorry group. What I'd give to see, let alone buy, a Hoth Han. There hasn't been a single new figure anywhere near me. Now it seems as though some will never make it.

Auctions and online retailers seem to be the way to go. I just wish my optomism had burnt out earlier...

DarthChuckMc
08-28-2003, 12:52 PM
I understand your frustrationg, but I can go buy a Bo Shek today for $5 at TRU, in fact I can buy about 10 of them. But thats niether here nor there.

I don't really have a problem with you buying from on-line retailers/ebayers, but my point is you are over paying for this particular item. This item is going to be pushed very large becasue of the Cartoon. Many retailers are going to carry them. Retailers are excited about it becasue it's related to a cartoon, they know what that can do for business. Even if you can't find it in your area someone is. There are going to be millions of them out there. That means there are going to be millions on ebay. If you'd of waited until they hit the stores then the price on those bad boys would come well down. My guess is around $10.

Patience is a virtue, something many Star Wars collectors lack. Right now stores are only concerned with back to school stuff (clothing, school supplies, snack packs ect.). Starting soon it's going to turn to toys. The christmas rush is a great thing in the collector world. This stuff is comeing. We'll be swimming in it. In the past years no figure at retail has been hard to find. Ephant Mon is still current and the jury is still out on him, so point that out. Still, one out ouf 200 isn't bad now is it? Just look at how easy all the other Saga fig are to find.

The clone wars stuff will be everywhere for a while. Don't freet :D.

Maybe where YOU live Boshek is easy to find, but that wave was in Orlando ONCE, and I missed it. I had to get them online for $8 a figure.

We all ASSUME that retailers are excited about the CLONE WARS cartoon. HASBRO is excited, the fans are excited, but I haven't seen or heard a single retailer jump and a scream THE CLONE WARS IS A COMIN'!

The resets at most stores are DONE. The Target reset at my store is DONE. What you see in stores is what we are getting. No more, no less.
Those 6 pegs of basic figures and 2 pegs of lightsabers at Wal*Mart....THAT'S IT. The 8 pegs of basic, one spot for Screen Scenes, one spot for mid-size and one for Gunships at Target....THAT'S IT.

The only chance we have, is that the buyers for these companies decide to take on extra items from HASBRO, and the stores "flex" the toys in to make room.

Retailers in general are over Star Wars. It isn't our fault, or even HASBROs, it's their own. THEY over ordered, like they do with EVERY movie toy line, and then wound up sitting on pegwarmers. The can't figure it out. If they would place smaller orders to begin with, and then request more throughout the year, we wouldn't be looking at Jango pilots, Padme pilots, and Endor Rebel Troopers everytime we shop. It would be a nice mix of everything 2003, with a few 2002 things mixed in.

Maybe by the time Ep3 comes out, they will figure it out, but I doubt it.
Our only chance, other than being EXTREMELY patient, is to pay a little extra for things online. It helps out the little guy (e-tailers), and WE save time and gas money in the process. With gas at $1.80 a gallon, and having to to be work at 8am, my chances of finding anything new a pretty close to nil. If you ain't at Wal*Mart at 4am when the stuff is being stocked, or Target at 8am when the doors open, or TRU at 930am, or KB when the mall opens, you are SCREWED.

Maybe that's just the way Orlando is, but after reading reports from all over the country on SSG and Rebelscum Forums, I know it's not just me.

As far as Ephant Mon, the only chance of getting him now is eBay, e-tailers, or praying that somewhere out there, a distribution center is swimming is cases, just waiting to uncork the dam and releasing the proverbial flood.

After seeing what happened with TC-14, Sio Bibble, Boshek, etc....I'm not willing to take that chance.

It's great to see someone so positive in our community, thinking/hoping that everything will turn out just fine, but I don't think a ROTJ celebration ending is in our future when it comes to these toys.

JangoFart
08-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Yub, Yub!! (English translation: "You preach it!!")

:)

Icatch9 makes good points, but for me they are just not very valid. I have the patience of a ticked off rattlesnake - NONE. I still love to stumble into some backwater Wal*Mart and find all kinds of goodies that nobody in that particular market wanted. But, I'm intensely sick of not finding anything new. I have no problem paying $10 to $15 a pop for new, unreleased figures that I know I'll never see on the pegs. Or, if I do see them, they are beat to hell. I have a small select group of eBay sellers that I know and trust to send me figures of the quality that I collect. (I'm a PICKY S.O.B. when it comes to my carded/boxed collection.) I know these sellers and they know me. I like buying their products and they like my money. A match made in heaven :)

J

Vortex
08-28-2003, 01:40 PM
What I want to know I-9 is...what information do you have, or source do you have, that fills you in on retailers being excited for this line, and or stocking this line. I recall the same fluff being said for this years line, and all the flack about stores, WM in particular sending old stock back for new stock...and I ask, did that ever happen?

Not around here.

I'd also like to point out the fact its not a full blow cartoon line. Its a series of 3 min. shorts after a main cartoon.

Unless you've worked retail, you're just making assumptions on retailers carrying the goods, when in fact they might not be scheduled to.

You might have a zillion of bo's hanging on the pegs in your area, but its not the same from store to store. I worked through the red and green card phase and phantom men. lines. I have seen only 1 box come on of an assortment or beast pack and we're not schedule to get any more.

If it was a waiting game for retailers, I would have found everything I needed on the pegs at some point but I can't, I also the beast that is large retail and there's no guarentee it will show up on the pegs.

Feel fortunate that you can find all the stuff at retail. Most of us can't and we need to do things a little differntly.

jedi master sal
08-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Maybe where YOU live Boshek is easy to find, but that wave was in Orlando ONCE, and I missed it. I had to get them online for $8 a figure.

That's why you have this website. Make friends here so that when there's uneven distribution, we can help each other out. Instead of paying $30, you'll pay the $5 for the figure and a couple more for the shipping. In turn you may help that person out with a find.

Retailers in general are over Star Wars. It isn't our fault, or even HASBROs, it's their own. THEY over ordered, like they do with EVERY movie toy line, and then wound up sitting on pegwarmers. The can't figure it out. If they would place smaller orders to begin with, and then request more throughout the year, we wouldn't be looking at Jango pilots, Padme pilots, and Endor Rebel Troopers everytime we shop. It would be a nice mix of everything 2003, with a few 2002 things mixed in.

They get a much better price in BULK, that's one main reason why there's overstock. They don't have the vision for long term. They consider SW to be as much a fad toy as other toy lines and know that during movie years, interest is higher, not just with kids but everyone. The fact that we've gone through this twice before will not stop them from doing it for EPIII. This toy line will die 2007...

Maybe by the time Ep3 comes out, they will figure it out, but I doubt it.
Our only chance, other than being EXTREMELY patient, is to pay a little extra for things online. It helps out the little guy (e-tailers), and WE save time and gas money in the process. With gas at $1.80 a gallon, and having to to be work at 8am, my chances of finding anything new a pretty close to nil. If you ain't at Wal*Mart at 4am when the stuff is being stocked, or Target at 8am when the doors open, or TRU at 930am, or KB when the mall opens, you are SCREWED.

I can agree with you to a point here. Gas is getting ridiculously high. I have bought things off the net, but only for a little more than retail. Look around and take a good day to find this stuff and I'm sure you could have made a better deal.

It's great to see someone so positive in our community, thinking/hoping that everything will turn out just fine, but I don't think a ROTJ celebration ending is in our future when it comes to these toys.

I dunno, I have found that through patience, I've found 98% of what I've wanted at retail. Those rare things I haven't, I either don't buy or wait for a good deal.

Nah, we're all going to go into a depression when this line dies out. It will mark an ending to a truly great SAGA.

Kudos for your find. I just think that you could have saved a bit waiting just a little longer. Like icatch9 said, there are too many anxious collectors who either have to have their stuff now or first. Sure I like to be, but not at the expense of my... "pocketbook" (said in his best Dexster Jettster)

AS to CostCo of Sam's club, gawd I hope not. That would me yet another store to add to my repitoire of stores I shop at. And they cost money just to get a membership! What a rip. I really hope that neither of them get these. it would be much better for the market (Hasbro and collectors as well) for them to be made available to a mojor retail store.

My prediction is K-Mart for the exclusive bonus packs. They could use this shot in the arm.

DarthChuckMc
08-28-2003, 03:35 PM
That's why you have this website. Make friends here so that when there's uneven distribution, we can help each other out. Instead of paying $30, you'll pay the $5 for the figure and a couple more for the shipping. In turn you may help that person out with a find..

True. I agree, but at that time, I wasn't an "active member" here. I've helped many people out here by doing the same thing. I've bought cases from NewForce, and sold the extras for cost, so I agree with you here.

They get a much better price in BULK, that's one main reason why there's overstock. They don't have the vision for long term. They consider SW to be as much a fad toy as other toy lines and know that during movie years, interest is higher, not just with kids but everyone. The fact that we've gone through this twice before will not stop them from doing it for EPIII. This toy line will die 2007....

I agree here, too.

I can agree with you to a point here. Gas is getting ridiculously high. I have bought things off the net, but only for a little more than retail. Look around and take a good day to find this stuff and I'm sure you could have made a better deal..

I've taken a few days to search Orlando, and trust me, the stuff just isn't here. Either Hot Wheels guys get to it first, and trade it to Collectible Shops for new cars, or scalpers are throwing them on eBay to make a quick buck. The only chance of a better deal on the Value Packs is retail, but who knows when, where, and how much these will actually be.

I dunno, I have found that through patience, I've found 98% of what I've wanted at retail. Those rare things I haven't, I either don't buy or wait for a good deal.

Nah, we're all going to go into a depression when this line dies out. It will mark an ending to a truly great SAGA.

Kudos for your find. I just think that you could have saved a bit waiting just a little longer. Like icatch9 said, there are too many anxious collectors who either have to have their stuff now or first. Sure I like to be, but not at the expense of my... "pocketbook" (said in his best Dexster Jettster).

I want the RARE things. Most of the time, they are the coolest of the bunch. Most of them NEVER go down in price, so paying this price now, may be the BEST deal.

I think we will go into a derprssion when the line is gone. Let's just hope it doesn't continue on like Batman did at the end, and we get Anakin in purple Jedi robes with a rocket firing bazooka.

Having stuff FIRST isn't so much my problem, it's just GETTING IT OUT OF THE WAY, that way, I have more money for the more common things as they are released later on.

As far as EXPENSE, I afforded these by selling extra stuff I bought for no reason other than NOT finding anything new, or LOOSE stuff that I bought, that my kids never looked twice at.

AS to CostCo of Sam's club, gawd I hope not. That would me yet another store to add to my repitoire of stores I shop at. And they cost money just to get a membership! What a rip. I really hope that neither of them get these. it would be much better for the market (Hasbro and collectors as well) for them to be made available to a mojor retail store.

My prediction is K-Mart for the exclusive bonus packs. They could use this shot in the arm.

K-mart is as much of a possibilty as any place, but considering they are on the verge of bankruptcy...again, I don't think they are in a position to spring for a couple of exclusive 2 packs, hoping to drive sales through the roof.

From what I've read and heard, ONE retailer is getting the Value Packs. Wal*Mart has passed on everything but Basic figs and sabers. Target only has Basic, sabers, and a few ships. Toys R Us around here doesn't even have a section dedicated to SW, just 2 pegs at the end of the Power Rangers aisle. KB, is overflowing with April 2002 figures still.

I mentioned Sam's and Costco as a possible retailer, only because they have a reputation of selling regular items, with BONUS things attached. I'm not any happier that they MIGHT get them, just suggesting them since no one else had.

You can still buy stuff at those 2 warehouse stores, you just don't get the 10% discount unless you're a member.

icatch9
08-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Hasbro reps at Wizard World said retailers were excited about the line. They also said not to pay scalper prices for figures as they are comeing. I believe in them as I've never ever had a problem finding a figure at retail. I can't say for sure what it's like in your area. All I know is what I find. Found 6 Ephant Mons on the pegs myself. Just lucky? Maybe, but I can find them (I'm not a door buster or a box ripper either). I go a lot, but at normal times with no set schedual or inside tracks on shipments.

Target isn't reset totaly for Xmas. There is still one reset left. It may not change the toy department, but they've got to fit all the Xmas stuff somewhere.

Besides Target may not even get these two packs. They could be an exclusive to some store that will get tons of them.

My main point is that you pay a big premium for stuff on the net befor it comes out. If you wait until these things actually hit relail somewhere it will be tons cheaper. Mark my words, you'll be able to by 3 for the price you paid for the one by November :D.

Happy hunting!

Vortex
08-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Hasbro reps at Wizard World said retailers were excited about the line. They also said not to pay scalper prices for figures as they are comeing. I believe in them as I've never ever had a problem finding a figure at retail. I can't say for sure what it's like in your area. All I know is what I find. Found 6 Ephant Mons on the pegs myself. Just lucky? Maybe, but I can find them (I'm not a door buster or a box ripper either). I go a lot, but at normal times with no set schedual or inside tracks on shipments.

Target isn't reset totaly for Xmas. There is still one reset left. It may not change the toy department, but they've got to fit all the Xmas stuff somewhere.

Besides Target may not even get these two packs. They could be an exclusive to some store that will get tons of them.

My main point is that you pay a big premium for stuff on the net befor it comes out. If you wait until these things actually hit relail somewhere it will be tons cheaper. Mark my words, you'll be able to by 3 for the price you paid for the one by November :D.

Happy hunting!

Well we'll see about the nov. bit, but I'm positive I won't see them get that low around here. I know that given my stores past histories with the star wars line, either way I will be buying them on line from some vendor, which I have already done. Will price go down??? maybe in time, but I'll never physically see it here. I can't have a bargin bin without actual stock to put in it...

Price matters little to me, 5 extra dollars per figure is peanuts, saves me time and effort of looking and I can spend that extra time at work making that extra 15 dollars up in a half hours time. I don't get paid $$ to drive around to hunt.

Its worth the trade off, since nothing is showing up now, and I work down the road from the Target HQ, and their store. They haven't stocked anything new since about May, and currently they have nil, zilch, zero, set up for star wars, and look at all the clone wars ships and packs that are already out.

As for the reps at the toy shows..."Hasbro reps at Wizard World said retailers were excited about the line." That was good for a laugh. Their job is to sell the line, even in the architecture world the vendors and reps always over glorify or take creative liberities about their product, talk it up, and make it look better than what it is. Do you really think they would dis, or tell you the truth, about how bad or average something is? Do you believe car sales men, or door to door vendors?
If that truely was the case, every year there would be plenty of stuff on the pegs, stores would pre order large quanties and order everything Hasbro had to offer...and as of late, that surely hasn't been the case. I'm positive the Hasbro reps spout the same lines year after year.

But I can only hope your right, but either way, this hase just saved me weeks of hunting, hours of driving after hearing they are out, and if nothing more I paid an additional 15 bucks I would have spent at a bar, casino, or lunch.

But I can only hope your right, and then I can get my pack to open...but I ain't hold'in my breath on these...

icatch9
08-29-2003, 08:16 AM
I can see that you are a bit bitter towards retailers and Hasbro in general. I can't say that I blame you from your experiences.

I've just never had a problem. Again, I've found everything at retail or less. It's great fun looking for the stuff. It's been dry lately, but that's just becasue of what time of year it is. You spend your money as you pleas, $5 here and $5 there isn't a big deal so keep on trucking.

I'm sorry your area and expereinces have lead you to etailers/ebay and you havening to pay a premium for your figs. I know this is not what Hasbro wants. They do want you to be patient, but that's asking a lot of Star Wars collectors.

I do believe them they have no reason to lie. Sure they are going to sugar coat a few things, but they have been right in the past and I will continue to trust them until they out right lie. All of the things in thier past talks have come to pass, why would they pick now of all times to start lieing?

Good luck!

InsaneJediGirl
08-29-2003, 09:55 AM
Hasbro reps at Wizard World said retailers were excited about the line. They also said not to pay scalper prices for figures as they are comeing. I believe in them as I've never ever had a problem finding a figure at retail.

I dont believe them personally.Of course Hasbro Reps are going to say the cases are coming,its their job.One of them wouldnt come out and state nothing is on its way,its bad for their business.

As for paying $30 for a value-pack,its steep to me but probably worth it now.With gas prices on the rise and distribution the way it is,$30 is nothing compared to the hassle and headache of trying to find these things in a brick-and-mortar store.

Vortex
08-29-2003, 10:48 AM
I do believe them they have no reason to lie. Sure they are going to sugar coat a few things, but they have been right in the past and I will continue to trust them until they out right lie. All of the things in thier past talks have come to pass, why would they pick now of all times to start lieing?

Good luck!

What about their motto of "Everyone who wants one, will get one" of last year and when Ep II came out?

I know a lot of folks who are missing items they want? I'm glad to hear your one of the few x-ceptions to the seemingly not finding anything norm we have around here and on this site.

I'm just tired of all this b.s. lip service the stores and hasbro are giving us. They don't make good on their words in spirit or word when the time comes.

I know the difficulty the stores have and are at the mercy of the home office for stock and shipments, I fought with our regional home office for stock, but if your sales number weren't there, or some other region or store was doing better the relocated stock from some store would go there. I heard the bit about pre-orders and buying from the home office contact every time we tried to get more stock of this or that...but they don't do anything pro-active about it. Neither does Hasbro. Where were the new replacement figures hasbro promised when they cleaned out WM's old stock. Where are the figures when the say eveyone will get what they want?

The system isn't getting better its getting worse and we're getting shorted.

jonthejedi
08-29-2003, 12:04 PM
I've been reading into both sides of this debate. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to procure what you want for your collection. I personally don't like on-line retailers I've delt with who shall remain nameless. They take your money and then you still wait...where I've had examples of finding them at retail level, and going back to cancel my on-line order because in my thinking...if I pay alot more(plus shipping), I want it before WalMart, Target & Toys R Us get them. I think the operative word I've read over & over in this forum is PATIENCE, and I exhibit it. I choose to look every single day, and because of that diligence, I was lucky enough to score Ephant Mon, the X-mas 2-pack, the trash compactor sets, etc. I am fortunate to have 2 WalMarts, 2 Targets, and 2 Toys R Us's within 15-20 minute drive. Many of you collectors don't have this situation, and thus, I can understand the on-line buying of certain items. Would I have paid $30...no, I would wait, but geography is a factor in all this...where you live. I also agree with JM Sal...make friends...I helped a collector find an item in the area, only charged him reg. retail(4.77), and now we are friends and help each other. This also saves me gas, and doubles my chances. Of late, I call and politely ask retailers for incoming info. You eventually find people who are willing to work with you. The biggest help has been checking other state's "just founds"...it most of the time creates a helpful pattern. Whatever works for ya!

Sidiously Darth
09-01-2003, 06:43 PM

Yo DCMc!

I found 5 BoSheks at the Alt. Springs TRU about a week ago. I think someone made a big return b/c they were all stuck up in the overhead bin.

It took me forever to find those figures, too. I got lucky I guess. I do have to say things have been looking up though.

Still, I'll give the 2-packs some time to show up.

Val Da Car
09-02-2003, 02:32 PM
you know my TRU had several BoSheks, R4's and TEEBO's....I think someone found a warehouse full in HK and gave TRU a deal they could not refuse...my TRU is in Milwaukee, WI

JangoFart
09-02-2003, 09:05 PM
UPDATE: The Arc Trooper Value Pack arrived today and it is awesome!! Of course, that seller's stuff is TOP NOTCH and this item is just beautiful.

One potential problem I foresee for carded collectors: There is VERY LITTLE strength where the 2-cards join; or, more accurately, where they were never separated. I do not foresee very many of these suckers escaping the bends/creases that my crystal ball is showing.

J

JangoFart
09-03-2003, 12:48 AM
Oh yeah. For those of my fellow carded collectors: This set will fit nicely, albeit sideways, in the ProTech cases which were made for the Classic Doubles SLU figures. Of course, it doesn't stand great on it side, but I slipped a small piece of clear plastic under it and it looks and displays awesome!

(Thought I'd go ahead and answer that question instead of waiting for the inevitable :) )

J

stad
09-09-2003, 03:02 AM
And now they are already out and available at Wal-mart for $4.77 each!

RussUAE
09-09-2003, 06:59 AM
I've got the yellow and blue ones - very nice they are. Somehow mine stand up better than the original red clone troopers. Who knows why, because they are identical sculpts!

JangoFart
09-09-2003, 08:22 AM
And now they are already out and available at Wal-mart for $4.77 each!
Yep, so they say. Good luck finding them, though. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't foresee my market getting a whole bunch of these.

J

Droidlover
09-17-2003, 01:48 AM
Well my Walmart had an endcap with the Yoda, Anakin, and ArcTrooper, but the trooper went fast. I do understand JF is coming from though as I bought an Evil Lyn from the new MOTU on e-Bay last month for $40, but I couldn't resist, especially with her being shortpacked and a female figure to boot. I have yet to see her in the stores, but a friend of mine picked me up another for cost. But I still feel I will never see her in stores, but I am going to kick myself if I see her taped to a video soon.

JangoFart
09-19-2003, 12:11 AM
UPDATE, part 2: Last weekend, I made my usual journey from OK to MS and back and hit every Wal-Mart/Target/TRU on the way. For the Value Packs, I found one end-cap side which had the figures. They were all, save 2, in horrible shape. I picked up an Anakin and Yoda set because those were the only 2 nice ones. The ARC Troopers, which seems the float the most boats, were all horrible. So, I'm still pleased that I got a mint one - even at a high price.

J

Banthaholic
09-20-2003, 01:46 PM
After going to my crappy Wal-mart for a week and a half and no luck, I ventured an hour away, and found them!

Like everyone says, it was on an end cap away from the SW figures. They had at least 6 of each figure.

I'm glad I don't have to shop Wal-mart for awhile, unless they decide to make future exclusives.

jedi master sal
09-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Bad news is there's no plans to release any of the other CW figs as bonus packs. That would have been very cool to have a CW with a Green clone or Red Battle Droid etc. Shoot they could have even added another other CW fig with another white clone and that would have been fine with me.

JangoFart
09-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Have you folks seen the three variations of the ARC Trooper set? I have two of 'em.

Head on over to www.swcollector.com to get the skinny on them.

J

AmanaMatt
10-04-2003, 05:15 PM
After traveling to Hemet, Ca a week ago to visit relatives, and after finding no sign of these locally, I broke down at $15 a set to get the value packs - I would have loved to score them for $5, but some items are impossible to find in Ca, and these seem to be in that category - could be worse, but since you get two, I justified (in my head) that way... I am more excited about color variantions on these figs that I am the actual Clone Wars fig in genera; (I also scored Matrix Reoladed DVD today, not bad since this is 10 days early....)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2003, 11:26 AM
I've only seen Yoda, so I decided to use eBay instead of wasting time looking for the ARC Trooper set. It was $8.49, which kind of defeats the purpose of the free figure . . . Maybe I can get a good deal on the Anakin set somewhere.

BoShek
10-05-2003, 03:41 PM
I got the other two but passed on the ARC Trooper set since Wal Mart had tons. The next time I go to the store, they were all gone. Thus my motto to buy all new figures the first time you see them remains true.