PDA

View Full Version : Mace's Death

Pages : 1 [2]

Eternal Padawan
06-11-2002, 08:14 AM
Maybe I'm a huge Chris Lee fan, or maybe the cave on Dagobah is bugging me, but I think Dooku has still MORE trouble to cause. At first I thought I he should die at the climax of the opening battle. Then I thought he should die about the same time as Obi Wan and Anakin have THE BATTLE. Now I think he should escape AGAIN just so he can cause trouble for Yoda on Dagobah and "die" in the cave. I haven't fully fleshed this idea out, but that darn cave is bugging me...

Then again, Dooku's purpose in the film is to get replaced by Anakin, NOT to have another confrontation with Yoda. So will Anakin defeat Dooku on Dagobah? By the time we get to Dagobah, this confrontation (Anakin v Dooku) should be over and done with and Anakin is well on his way to becoming (if he hasn't already) Vader. Plus, it would interfere with "Red Herring" theory if we see Dooku definitely dispatched.

So this cave thing. Is it possible that Yoda "purged" all of his dark side in the cave and it was so strong that it lingered there for Luke to find 20 years later?

Tycho
06-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Interesting thought about Yoda purging the Dark Side in the cave.

But I agree: I think Dooku will be dead at Anakin's AND Obi-Wan's hands by the time we get to Dagobah in Epsiode 3.

Meanwhile, in my story (see "The Complete Story thread") I had Vader stalking the loyalist refugee party through the swamps of Dagobah. He's trying to find Padme of course, but "if we don't know he's Anakin" (because the movies should be viewed in order by a new generation), than we think he intends to murder Padme. Of course he'll fight her Jedi protectors.

Could the stain of the Dark Side in the cave be because of a Jedi being slain there? I felt Plo Koon would die at Vader's hands in the tree-cave.

Would his spirit, murdered by the Dark Side, still show Luke a vision of his Dark Side? Such as a clue to Vader's identity?

Does something Yoda have to say indicate anything about it?

"What's in there?"

"Only what you take with you."

Thoughts to ponder. And then, why in the Expanded Universe did Lucasfilm let a Jedi from the Bpvasshi System die there? (Bpvassh? - spelling. Source: The Hand Of Thrawn Duology - Specter of the Pase, Vision of the Future by Timothy Zahn).

All EU is never allowed to tread on areas the movies intend to cover. Hence Han Solo's past and why it hasn't all been written of and why I think he's a clone, or could be.

Certainly, there was some plans for the tree cave as well?

Darth Spectre
06-13-2002, 04:48 PM
Maybe I am gonna be completely wrong about all this, but I still think Vader as we know him anyways is going to be in Ep III at best for a few moments at the end. Maybe Anakin will refer to himself as Vader before he gets scarred and damaged at Obi-Wan's hands, but I still think Vader in any shape or form will not be prominant in EP III. And I can't see how the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel can occur anywhere else but near the movie's end, since it should be the most dramatic and best duel we have ever seen. Ewan and Hayden's comments about preparing early for their duel before Ep III begins filming hints at that too.

Jango 2
08-17-2002, 04:39 PM
Personly i think a teenager Boba gonna kill him. He'll have all his dads old armor on. And he'll get a hold of a saber and Chop his head off!!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2002, 05:07 PM
First off, welcome to SSG! :)
Second, Boba will be between the ages of 13 and 15 in Episode III, and will not be wearing the armor (George confirmed this). I find it highly unlikely that Boba will get a lightsaber from anywhere, he will more likely take him out using the Slave I's guns. And, I do not think Mace's head will be cut off. It was gruesome enough when the Tuskens and Jango were decapitated, but then again you can't see their faces as you would see Mace's. While probably not anywhere close to what will happen in Episode III, it's still a cool theory. :)

bigbarada
08-17-2002, 06:05 PM
(bump)

(since some people ignore the sticky notes)

bigbarada
08-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Please take time to read and search this forum before starting a new topic. Post #1

As mentioned in JediTrick's Sticky Topic: "Watch for merged threads." As the traffic on this board is very high, it is important that you make sure the topic you want to discuss isn't already being discussed in this forum. More often than not, your questions have already been asked, and answers have been provided.

At the bottom of this forum's initial page, there is a place to input search criteria. For example, if you are interested in offering other forum users your opinion or observations regarding Jango's Death, type those words into the grey box below "Search this forum:" located at the bottom right of this forum's initial page. This will also work in all the other SSG forums. If you have questions on how to use this function or suggestions on how to improve the system, feel free to post them here.

There is an impressive amount of information in the form of observations and opinions already posted in this forum and easily accessible by using the search function provided. The discussions in this forum will be most productive and rewarding if we work together to maintain order while endulging our excitement.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

The Overlord Returns
08-21-2002, 01:38 PM
I'm still gonna hold out for the "Naboo is dagobah, and that cave is where Darth maul landed after being chopped in two by Obi Wan" theory.

But that probably ain't gonna happen.

so I'm going for Yoda ripping the sauce out of Dooku in a cave on Dagobah....where he has been tracked down by dooku, who needs to defeat yoda out of pride.

Darth Spectre
08-21-2002, 01:48 PM
If Yoda is going to take out Dooku, which I don't think will happen, it has to be way before he gets exiled on Dagobah. Only two there are, so Dooku has to be dead before Anakin can become a Sith Lord. And that is going to happen way before Yoda and Obi-Wan head into exile and are hiding.

The Overlord Returns
08-21-2002, 05:13 PM
hmmm....well........perhaps yoda goes on a manhunt for dooku....finding him on dagobah.....

thats pretty doubtful though.

Needles
08-26-2002, 10:09 PM
I have said this in earlier posts,and I still think this.I have much doubt that anyone besides a young Boba Fett is gonna Kill Mace Windu,and Yoda I dont think he'd be hunting Dooku,but I think he will leading the Clone army into battles like he did in EP2,till he discovers the truth about Palpitine,hen He,Obi Wan,Anikan,and Mace head strait into a trap set up by Palpy and Dooku,with young bounty hunter Boba Fett waiting near by to with a projectile rifle to take out Windu's ,so he can go and decapitate Windu with his own lightsaber which would drop from his grasp.While this happens Yoda and Obi-wan Face off against Dooku and Palpy,while Anikan disappears from the face off into a corridor waiting for the moment Yoda and Obi retreat while they still can,Anikan will emerge from the corridor to start his service to the darkside.But as Yoda said "there can only be two".Dooku agrees to duel ANikan since he is close to death at such an old age,Anikan of course will slay dooku,and become Darth Vader.

hango fett
08-27-2002, 07:35 PM
i hope we see the lightsaber battle to end all battles! one bettween ani and obi, one bettween dooku and ani, and possible one bettween yoda and somebody(i hope to god it's the emperor!)
h

mini-rock
08-28-2002, 03:50 AM
Thought I'd through my .02 in.

Needles,

I also believe Boba will kill Mace, but not necessarily the way you discribed. I think Boba will use Slave 1 to take him out instead.

Also, as cool as it would be to see Sideous in a lightsaber battle with a Jedi, I don't think that will happen. Sideous has managed to use everyone else to do the fighting for him. I'm sure we will see him use his dark powers, but not a lightsaber.

The Overlord Returns
08-28-2002, 01:11 PM
I don't think we'll see palps use his powers until he uses them on Luke in ROTJ....I also HOPE this is the case.

mini-rock
08-28-2002, 07:01 PM
I bet your right. :)

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-26-2002, 10:06 PM
Dooku is defiantly killed by Anakin. Palpatine probably makes the same offer he made to Luke, but Anakin gives in to his hatred. Also I believe Anakin somehow scares Padme with his fury and she goes into hiding and has the children. As she leaves Anakin tries to stop her and Obi-wan confronts him. They fight blah blah. Anakin is forced to use the dark side to keep himself alive after this fight and goes into hiding. Somehow Padme dies and this drives him fully to the dark side. this is my theory.

Yet i have a thought that i would like to know what others think.
Why does Yoda go to Dagobah to hide? In the novels it states that he fought a dark jedi there and it is the source of the cave's dark attributes. Thus the light in yoda and the dark of the cave cancel him out. But who is the Dark Jedi? Is it Dooku? I think not.
And Palpatine and Vader kill 6,000 Jedi alone? What about the Dark Jedi that help them. I have been corrupted by the novels. the dark side source of the cave has to be revealed. What to you people think?

And for some reason I believe that Obi-wan and Anakin fight near a lava pit where did I get that impression? Thanks

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-26-2002, 10:09 PM
and Mace is killed by Boba, no doubt, Lucas's foreshadowing is painfully apparent

The Overlord Returns
09-27-2002, 12:13 PM
boba killing mace makes about as much sense as Jar Jar being the true father of the twins.

A 14 year old boy, NOT FORCE SENSITIVE, kills the Co head of the Jedi Council????

hmm......only in a space battle would this be remotely plausible.

mini-rock
09-27-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
boba killing mace makes about as much sense as Jar Jar being the true father of the twins.

A 14 year old boy, NOT FORCE SENSITIVE, kills the Co head of the Jedi Council????

Or Mace could be in a ground battle, out numbered, and then we see Slave 1 swoop down and unload on Mace. He could also die saving someones life at the same time. I wouldn't totally rule out Boba killing Mace though.:)

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-29-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

I didn't say it made sense. George Lucas did not put the scenes where boba sees mace kill jango and when boba plays with his father's head for fun. it's called foreshadowing. Though i could be completely wrong. I want Mace to die the only way he is worthy to die...at the hands of Darth Vader

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-29-2002, 03:01 PM
And for some reason I believe that Obi-wan and Anakin fight near a lava pit where did I get that impression?

mini-rock
10-08-2002, 04:21 AM
I'm sure most of you already know this, but it's still an interesting read. Here is the article from scifi.com (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2002-10/07/15.00.film) . Enjoy :)

Darth Spectre
10-11-2002, 03:17 AM
If Lucas really doesn't know how he is going to get rid of Mace, that certainly shoots holes in the Boba's Revenge idea. Plus, if Mace is going to have a memorable death and go out the way Samuel L. has requested, he would have to be killed at Anakin or Palpatine's hands. Boba is just gonna be a punk kid by Ep III. A dangerous punk kid for many, but not for a Jedi Master with Form VII skills.

Freedom
10-19-2002, 02:26 PM
I think Boba should kill Mace as well. I think one of the following could happen:
Boba goes back to Kimino and forces/persuades the Kiminoans to accelerate his growth so he'll be big enough to fit in his pops uniform.
Or, like a few have already said, Boba will blow Mace away with a sonic charge from Slave I, hence, "No desentigrations."

By the way, I was driving to work the other morning and a delivery truck passed with "Jango's Barbecue" on the back. I think they've been around longer than EII.

darthvader92
10-20-2002, 04:30 PM
Most people think that Boba will kill Mace(revenge).It will not happen.A 13 year old kid will not kill a Jedi Master.Look how easy Mace took out Jango(Let his head roll).Vader/Anakin will dispose of Mace.Anakin must be portray as the most powerful Jedi in this and what better way to do that by him killing Mace.

Jedi Clint
10-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by darthvader92
Anakin must be portray as the most powerful Jedi in this and what better way to do that by him killing Mace.

I don't think that they "must" go out of their way to show that he is the most powerful Jedi, but to answer the question above:

IMO it would be much more effective if Dooku killed Windu, and Anakin killed Dooku.

mini-rock
10-21-2002, 04:21 AM
Boba could easily have help from other bounty hunter's. Who knows, maybe Anakin hired the bounty hunter's to find Padme. Then things get all messed up when Boba fires a missle from Slave1 killing Mace. Padme escapes unharmed, and Anakin looks where Mace used to be. Boba lands and walks up behind Anakin. Anakin says "DUDE! You disentegrated him!!"

I dunno, I think there are plenty of ways GL could have Boba kill Mace without Mace going out like suckfoo.

2-1B
11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Plus, if Mace is going to have a memorable death and go out the way Samuel L. has requested, he would have to be killed at Anakin or Palpatine's hands.

or both.

And for some reason I believe that Obi-wan and Anakin fight near a lava pit where did I get that impression?

probably from Revenge of the Sith.

MrMet
11-27-2006, 09:47 PM
or both.

probably from Revenge of the Sith.

Caesar's a real genius 18 months later

2-1B
11-27-2006, 09:50 PM
thank you. :)

CaptainSolo1138
11-27-2006, 09:56 PM
And today's Golden Shovel Award goes to Caesar! Good show, old bean!:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
11-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Plus, if Mace is going to have a memorable death and go out the way Samuel L. has requested, he would have to be killed at Anakin or Palpatine's hands.

or both.

Minus the "memorable" part.