PDA

View Full Version : Anakin & Obi-Wan to fight in Lava environment. Anakin to lose his right leg.

I am Jabba the Hutt
08-27-2003, 05:32 PM
quoted from www.theforce.net

EP3: SPY REPORT: A Leg Up
Wed, Aug 27, 03 02:06:20 AM EDT

OK, so Hyperspace is telling you how they are filming the climactic duel these days. An insider we'll call Leak from now on tells TFN something very interesting about one of the guys in the film - and in that sequence:
Early on us members were told that we would help visualize Anakin progressing to how we know him from the Classic Trilogy. By that I understood he would be closely resemble the mechanical Darth Vader we all know and love. He'll lose more of himself and become more and more machine. It is true - I'll tell you how he does that in one way tonight.
Here is what they had planned at the stage of involvement where I was at. Anakin loses his right leg after the fight - and yes, Anakin and Obi-Wan do battle it out in the lava environment we've dreamed about since the early days. More as I dare.

Sounds like a pretty brutal fight. I'm looking forward to seeing Anakin display even more anger and rage. It's sure to be an electriying battle.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2003, 07:24 PM
*computer starts to fizz and burn due to drool dripping over onto the keyboard*

This is great!!! How far into the movie will the fight take place? I thought he was gonna have to lose both legs, and get new ones to make up for the Ani/Vader height difference. Oh well.

hamsterboy
08-28-2003, 07:21 PM
*computer starts to fizz and burn due to drool dripping over onto the keyboard*

This is great!!! How far into the movie will the fight take place? I thought he was gonna have to lose both legs, and get new ones to make up for the Ani/Vader height difference. Oh well.

He might lose the other leg after he falls in.

Jargo
08-28-2003, 09:27 PM
He'd lose more than a leg if he fell into a lava pit. Just about anything and everything including his heat scorched lungs and eyes. His brain would begin to boil which would give him brain damage but georgie poo hasn't thought of the practicalities. It's only a movie for twelve year olds after all. Pity it's usually the twelve year olds who are first to pick up on the impracticalities though. My twelve year old nephew lectured me on the physics of lightsabers the other week. And gave me another regarding the presense of god in the star wars galaxy. Mr. lucas seriously underestimates the intelligence of kids. The only real aiming at kids is the merchandising. Which is off the mark anyway. Kids just want the video game because it's easier to get into than having to wait months and months for hasbro to get round to making the character they want who's cool on the playground. Boredom drove kids to play games where they're in control.

Kids will also want to see Anakin seriously fried to a crisp. If he's going to go in the lava pit he'd better do it good style. Anything else is a real anti-climax.

icatch9
08-29-2003, 09:33 AM
He'd lose more than a leg if he fell into a lava pit. Just about anything and everything including his heat scorched lungs and eyes. His brain would begin to boil which would give him brain damage but georgie poo hasn't thought of the practicalities. It's only a movie for twelve year olds after all. Pity it's usually the twelve year olds who are first to pick up on the impracticalities though. My twelve year old nephew lectured me on the physics of lightsabers the other week. And gave me another regarding the presense of god in the star wars galaxy. Mr. lucas seriously underestimates the intelligence of kids. The only real aiming at kids is the merchandising. Which is off the mark anyway. Kids just want the video game because it's easier to get into than having to wait months and months for hasbro to get round to making the character they want who's cool on the playground. Boredom drove kids to play games where they're in control.

Kids will also want to see Anakin seriously fried to a crisp. If he's going to go in the lava pit he'd better do it good style. Anything else is a real anti-climax.

This is just some spy report that we don't even know is true and already GL is getting bashed. How typical :rolleyes: . You know there are flaw in every movie and things that don't quite work out right. The beaty of movies like these is you don't have to expalin how they work. They just do. Nothing in the OT makes sense either. Stormtrooeprs would shoot better, wookies couldn't fix anything mehanical, and Luke should of been killed by the Sand People. But hey, we'll forget about all that and bash the PT, that's much more fun :rolleyes: :stupid: .

The Overlord Returns
08-29-2003, 12:19 PM
How does "battling it out in a lava environment" equal Anakin losing his legs IN Lava??? The environment is the backdrop...no more, no less.

Obi Wan may hack the boy to pieces....word is the fight isn't going to be a noble one....more nasty...ala the Darth Maul duel....

2-1B
08-29-2003, 12:46 PM
How does "battling it out in a lava environment" equal Anakin losing his legs IN Lava??? The environment is the backdrop...no more, no less.

Obi Wan may hack the boy to pieces....word is the fight isn't going to be a noble one....more nasty...ala the Darth Maul duel....

Good point about Obi-Wan hacking Anakin to pieces. :)
I'm not sure if you meant it from this perspective, but I can easily see Obi-Wan hacking off some limbs in an effort to "save" Ani. I'm sure it would be a hard decision for Obers but it would certainly be better than killing Anakin, no?

hamsterboy
08-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Great. Now I'm starting to have Monty Python flashbacks. Let's see if Anakin will tell Obi that it's only a flesh wound. :crazed:

Tonysmo
08-31-2003, 02:06 AM
LMAO yes! I can see it now!

Obi Wan:
You fight with the strength of many men, Anakin.
[pause]
I am afraid its over though.
[pause]
I seek to put and end to the Emperors madness. He must be stopped at any cost
[pause]
You have proved yourself a worthy Jedi. Will you help me take down this menace to the galaxy?
[pause]
You make me sad. So be it.
Anakin:
None shall pass.
Obi Wan
What?
Anakin:
None shall pass.
Obi Wan:
I have no quarrel with you, Anakin, but I must cross this bridge.
Anakin:
Then you shall die.
Obi Wan:
I command you, as a fellow Jedi, and your master to stand aside!
Anakin:
I move for no man.
Obi Wan:
So be it!
Obi Wan and Anakin:
Aaah!, hiyaah!, etc.
[Obi Wan chops the Anakin's left arm off]
Obi Wan:
Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Anakin:
'Tis but a scratch.
Obi Wan:
A scratch? Your arm's off!
Anakin:
No, it isn't.
Obi Wan:
Well, what's that, then?
Anakin:
I've had worse.
Obi Wan:
You liar!
Anakin:
Come on, you pansy!
[whoosh]
Huyah!
[ziiiiip]
Hiyaah!
[ziiiiit]
Aaaaaaaah!
[Obi Wan chops the Anakin's right arm off]
Obi Wan:
Victory is mine!
[kneeling]
We thank Thee Lord, that in Thy mer--
Anakin:
Hah!
[kick]
Come on, then.
Obi Wan:
What?
Anakin:
Have at you!
[kick]
Obi Wan:
Eh. You are indeed brave, Jedi, but the fight is mine.
Anakin:
Oh, had enough, eh?
Obi Wan:
Look, you stupid Jedi. You've got no arms left.
Anakin:
Yes, I have.
Obi Wan:
Look!
Anakin:
Just a flesh wound.
[kick]
Obi Wan:
Look, stop that.
Anakin:
Chicken!
[kick]
Chickennn!
Obi Wan:
Look, I'll have your leg.
[kick]
Right!
[whop]
[Obi Wan chops the Anakin's right leg off]
Anakin:
Right. I'll do you for that!
Obi Wan:
You'll what?
Anakin:
Come here!
Obi Wan:
What are you going to do, bleed on me?
Anakin:
I'm invincible!
Obi Wan:
You're a looney.
Anakin:
The bad Jedi always triumphs! Have at you! Come on, then.
[whop]
[Obi Wan chops the Anakin's last leg off]
Anakin:
Oh? All right, we'll call it a draw.
Obi Wan:
Come, Padme.
Anakin:
Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow bast*rds! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!

hee hee.. just couldnt resist.. I tried.. really I did!

scruffziller
09-02-2003, 08:51 AM
This is possibly what will happen hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

The Overlord Returns
09-02-2003, 11:40 AM
How's he supposed to live without a heart?

Beast
09-02-2003, 11:48 AM
That piece of fan art turned up once before. It's BS. Note that they forgot that Anakin's right arm is robotic from the elbow down. And that when the Emperor's Force Lightning cascades over Vader, we clearly see that he has intact ribs, spine, etc. Just with pins and mechanical augmentations.

As far as the complaint about the lava, whoever said it was a full submersion. If Anakin landed half in and half out of lava, his lower body would be badly damaged, his lungs would be damaged from the heat and fumes. He doesn't need to take a dip in the stuff. Just partially landing in it, could do plenty of damage. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Oh, and before I forget. I'll post this up again. It's an excellent thesis about Anakin/Vader's injuries that takes the information from the Emperor's lightning strikes and has a complete breakdown of what can be gleamed from them. Supported by a doctor that studied the images. It's really quite intelligently done. :)

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Anakin2121
09-02-2003, 12:48 PM
You're right, Jar Jar, Anakin wouldn't need to spend several minutes totally submerged in the liquid-hot mag-ma :D to be injured. He would just have to practically touch it for a split second, and the meat would basically "flash" and be gone, and the bones would start to melt. His innards are probably damaged just from inhaling the fumes.

TheDarthVader
09-02-2003, 11:08 PM
But if Anakin just touches the lava for a second, how is kenobi going to be able to assume that he is dead?? He would see that Anakin is still breathing or whatever...supposedly. (of course this is just speculation but still)...anyone have any ideas?

Beast
09-02-2003, 11:36 PM
If he falls into a volcanic vent, Obi-Wan can assume that he died. Especially if he's injured himself, and the Emperor's Forces were close by. He could flee, leaving the newly formed Empire to find Anakin's broken, burned, and battered body and repair him. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darkross
09-04-2003, 11:50 AM
I say that Anakin will fall off a cliff while dueling Obi-Wan and then land on some lava or something...out of Obi-Wan's line of sight and when Obi-Wan looks over the cliff he won't be able to see Anakin and thus assume that he fell directly into the pit.