PDA

View Full Version : Star Case for new Armies 3 Pack HELP!

Thunderstorm1
08-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Does anyone know which Star Case will fit the new Clone Wars 3 Packs? The cards are smaller than the old Deluxe figures and bigger than the regular 3 3/4 figs

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
T

Banthaholic
08-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Where is Jangofart when you need him. I'm sure he'll have your answer.

JangoFart
08-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Boy, my ears were burnin'! :)

OK, there is currently no cases out there which hold them perfectly, as they are a brand-new card size. No other Star Wars carded figure has come on a card of this dimension. Which is both cool and a pain in the butt. But, there is hope.

The Clone Trooper sets will fit in your typical Starting Line UP (SLU) case - as will nearly all previous deluxe figures. HOWEVER, the card is both too narrow and too short to fit flush in the case. But, it will fit and be protected.

The Droid and Droid Launcher packs will not fit in a standard SLU case, as their bubbles are too big. Protech makes a case called a "Play Case 2" and a "Play Case 3" - made for Simpsons figures. These two will fit in them, but as the PC2 and PC3 are larger than the regular SLU, the height of these cases are a bit much. But, again, they'll fit and be protected.

The best thing I did for my Clone Trooper sets is bought some acrylic SLU cases off of eBay. Both sides of the card are held in place and it displays great! Here's a pic:

J

(BTW: the pointy dealies at the top are from Play Cases and SLU Cases behind the acrylics - not from the acrylics; although it kinda looks like that in the pic)

Thunderstorm1
08-28-2003, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the help JF, by the way where did you order those acrylic cases from? and are the real expensive?

T

JangoFart
08-28-2003, 09:50 AM
The seller where I got them isn't offering any more right now, it seems. Here's another seller who I've used before and like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3143671032&category=2487

J