PDA

View Full Version : Saw and played Rougue Squadron III for Game Cube

scruffziller
08-28-2003, 09:35 AM
LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!

You start off on the battle of Hoth but are on the ground as laser pistol
shooting soldier in X Wing Pilot garb. Looks to take place in the same time frame but from a different perspective.

Lord Malakite
08-28-2003, 11:30 AM
You start off on the battle of Hoth but are on the ground as laser pistol shooting soldier in X Wing Pilot garb. Looks to take place in the same time frame but from a different perspective.

:p That soldier in X-Wing pilot garb is Luke. The Hoth Battle takes place immediatly after Luke's Speeder is downed. You even get to destroy AT-ATs in the same fashion as Luke using thermal detonators.

icatch9
08-28-2003, 01:19 PM
So, if I go to my local game store today and reseve it will I get the free demo disc with the artari game on it? Can't wait!:D

Masterdorkboy
08-28-2003, 03:15 PM
So, if I go to my local game store today and reseve it will I get the free demo disc with the artari game on it? Can't wait!:D
That's what I want to know. I heard the demo disc would come with a reserved copy of the game. I gots to have that.

kool-aid killer
08-29-2003, 08:03 AM
I want the Atari game too. Ive never played it before but enjoy all Star Wars games. Im glad we wont be replaying any levels from the previous Rogue Squadron game.

Lord Malakite
08-29-2003, 11:50 AM

That is correct. Most stores have recieved their shipments of bonus discs for pre-orders and are either giving them out now or waiting till after September 1st. to start.

Im glad we wont be replaying any levels from the previous Rogue Squadron game.

Actually thats not entirely correct. All of Rogue Leader's levels are also included in Rebel Strike as multiplayer missions.

JediTricks
08-31-2003, 11:31 PM
I played the demo at the store for a few minutes, the controls were a bit of a pain to figure out though, and the on-screen control hints were woefully inadequate. At one point, I used the grappling line and swung up to the belly of an AT-AT, sliced it open with my lightsaber, then sat there for a moment since I couldn't figure out how to toss the detonator in.

Looked pretty good though.

Lone Jedi
09-15-2003, 04:43 AM
Was anyone else impressed with the pumped-up AI during the flight part of the demo? Who knew TIE Bombers were so maneuverable? I wonder if the real game will be as challenging as the demo.

scruffziller
10-22-2003, 09:49 AM
Man not enough money to buy it yet.:cry: