PDA

View Full Version : Sola Naberrie will return

Pendo
08-30-2003, 06:09 AM
StarWars.com have announced that Sola Naberrie and her two children will return for Episode III. Their Episode II performance was cut from AOTC, but hopefully that won't happen in III.

However it must be explained why Padmé doesn't give Sola Luke and Leia to look after. Perhaps she is killed :sur:! Wonder if Jobal and Ruwee will be in it also :).

PENDO!

plo koon 200
08-30-2003, 12:29 PM
This is some very good news. I'm quite glad because I thought the cut scene was very important to the Star Wars EPIC!!! Hopefully what happens will not be cut this time.

2-1B
08-30-2003, 03:52 PM
Awesome !

She shouldn't have been cut from the last movie to begin with. :mad:

Jargo
08-30-2003, 04:33 PM
You reckon? I thought those scenes on Naboo were painfully bad. Dreadful acting caused by having a lack of artistic director. The scenes could have been so warm and funny and instead we got a stumbling awkward iciness. So if we get Sola back we get those two awful kids back, Ryoo and Pooja. I'm assuming that since they're padme's neices then they must be Sola's kids. but she's a single mother then and her kids are presumably born out of wedlock because there's been no hint of Sola having a significant other. Perhaps it's this that brings padme and Sola back together? Single mothers social club meeting.

2-1B
09-02-2003, 01:29 AM
Yes Jargo, I do reckon. :D

Ehhh, I'm fine with the acting, maybe it's not the greatest . . . but I'll agree with you that it could have been warmer.

However, I want that scene back more for the fact that to me it helps bridge the "abridgement" of the love story. I don't find that aspect of the film to be rushed so much as it is abridged. The Padme family scene adds some more to that progression (at least for me, anyway :) ).

As for the scene of Ani and Padme in her Naboo bedroom, I don't think it has as much merit as the family stuff. Still, it has some good ideas behind it - but nothing of really important substance IMO.

You know, they wouldn't even HAVE to use the same actors because they could just do what they did with Jimmy Smits as Bail.

Of course, since they put these scenes on the DVD I'm sure they wouldn't recast like they did Adrian Dunbar (since his scenes didn't show up on the TPM DVD).

:)

Pendo
09-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Jobal Naberrie and Beru Whitesun (or maybe Lars now...) have now been confirmed as returning :).

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20030904.html

PENDO!

Jargo
09-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Always thought the names of padders mum and dad were the wrong way round. Jobal sounds more male than Ruwee. It is sounding more and more like it's a scene where bad news is delivered. Especially as Natalie has finished her filming apart from pick ups next year. Doesn't sound like she's in the story too much.

Jedi Clint
09-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Always thought the names of padders mum and dad were the wrong way round. Jobal sounds more male than Ruwee. It is sounding more and more like it's a scene where bad news is delivered. Especially as Natalie has finished her filming apart from pick ups next year. Doesn't sound like she's in the story too much.

I found their names should have been switched as well. Padme's family could be scheduled to shoot only for the pick ups next year as there is only 10 days of shooting left this time. I think Natalie will return for those as well.

2-1B
09-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Hey Jargo,
maybe they'll simply have Padme's family talk to a piece of paper on a post just like Terrance Stamp had to do . . . and they'll add Natalie in later ? ? ? :D

JEDIpartner
09-06-2003, 05:18 PM
Bad acting aside, I really liked her family. I agree, though-- the names should have been switched around. *shrug*

Jargo
09-06-2003, 06:17 PM
I liked the family apart from the annoying cutesy kid with Annie hair. Shame they couldn't have had her character die from an infant disease between movies. And Ruwee didn't really make much of an impact on the scenes Grahame blundell was in. Padmes Mum and sister worked better. Her dad just seemed superfluous to me. There for the sake of having a cosey family unit rather than serving a real purpose. The kids serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. The AOTC bedroon scene would have worked better had it happened in a living space wth the rest of the family in the background and if it had been Sola showing Anakin rather than Padme. It's more often the words of those who know the object of your desire that makes you think more of them.
I dunno, george just can't handle emotion. 'Run, jump, shoot, shout the line above the sound effects' seems to be his entire repertoire. How has a man with a total inability to work with actors emotionally managed to get so far? Is it really just on the back of his technical teams? All the movies he's made that have had critical acclaim have been effects riddled movies or he hasn't been the director.
I mean, when it comes to the editing of the movies the first thing he does is to lop out anything that might actually engage an audience with the characters emotionally. Any hint of real personality coming through in a scene gets trimmed out. All you're left with is a technical showreel of how to insert effects into a movie. That's not entertainment that's an advert for your company.

I'm rambling again. Yeah Padmes parents and sister, Whoopee.

The 'Xir
09-06-2003, 11:41 PM
I don't have that Hyperspace thing so, I don't know what's been shown, but do you guys know for sure if these scenes have been scheduled to shoot? Although highly unlikely I'm sure, Is it possible that the cut scenes from AotC might end up in epIII? You gotta figure it could be done, Padme's wearing a different outfit that you don't see in any of the other scenes in AotC and maybe why Natalie didn't have much shooting time scheduled for this production! Just a thought.

plo koon 200
09-06-2003, 11:51 PM
No.

1) She isn't fat enough in that scene.
2) They have yet to use old footage from any other film. And this footage would likely not tie in too well with the events that are happening in EIII. As well, it is assumed that Padme's family very well knows about their relationship since they were married on Naboo at the very end of the film.

Jaff
09-07-2003, 02:01 AM
I have mixed feelings about the deleted scenes with Padme's family. Although I agree with Jargo that it was dull stuff, I didn't even notice the bad acting because Hayden Christian was in every scene, and who acts worse than him.

However how do folks think Sola will bite the big one? Why wouldn't she get the kids?

My guess is that Obi-Wan and Padme are so afraid that Anakin will go looking for his old family after he has turned to the Darkside and hurt them, hence Padme chooses to go in hiding.

Does that make sense to you guys or do you think I'm on the wrong track?

Jargo
09-07-2003, 09:43 AM
It's very probable the padme visits them to dsay her farewells and explain the situation. And for Sola to tell Padme she's an idiot for getting involved with a psycho. Or if padme is fleeing Anakin she might get home too late and find her family fried to a crisp in an echo and foreshadowing of the Beru and Owen scene in ANH. Imagine that - kentucky fried kiddie!
Maybe padme takes the family with her to Alderaan to keep them safe in case Anakin goes hunting. Maybe they'll just be doing some kind of two second holo picture stuff for a shot of padme looking at what she left behind all wistful and teary eyed like.
Maybe they do a scene where Anakin goes looking for padme and the family say they haven't seen her. That she went out into the fields to pick some mushrooms and that was a month ago,

Ruwee:
"Those Shaak walk like cows, but they're animals! Twenty of us rode out and only threee came back alive. She's dead son." :crazed:

gtrain29
09-08-2003, 07:51 PM
I dunno, george just can't handle emotion. 'Run, jump, shoot, shout the line above the sound effects' seems to be his entire repertoire. How has a man with a total inability to work with actors emotionally managed to get so far? Is it really just on the back of his technical teams? All the movies he's made that have had critical acclaim have been effects riddled movies or he hasn't been the director.
I mean, when it comes to the editing of the movies the first thing he does is to lop out anything that might actually engage an audience with the characters emotionally. Any hint of real personality coming through in a scene gets trimmed out. All you're left with is a technical showreel of how to insert effects into a movie. That's not entertainment that's an advert for your company.

I'm rambling again. Yeah Padmes parents and sister, Whoopee.

Well said, Jargo. The cut scene of Ani fighting Greedo in E1 was one of the most important of the movie IMO. The family scenes in E2, though dull, at least make you halfway believe that Ani and Padme really fall in love at the end.
Yes, part of the magic of the OT was being able to feel for and relate to the characters. It seems this ability has been greatly diminished in the PT.

Pendo
09-17-2003, 04:00 AM
Graeme Blundell will return as Ruwee Naberrie.
13 year old Keisha Castle-Hughes has also been cast (Boba Fett's girlfriend :crazed:?)

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20030916.html

PENDO!