PDA

View Full Version : Destroyer Droid Battle Launcher

InsaneJediGirl
08-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Paint (4/5)-Not drippy,although it could have had a TON more detail.Its a little spotty on the Unfolded Destroyers head,along with the folding one.The bands on dark brown just vary in shade and width.

Articulation (2/5)-The rolled droid cant do anything,although the arms on the side move just a little bit,but normally fall right back down.The unfolded droid cant do much either,except stand there.Its the same one from the Droid Army Builder set.

Play Value (4/5)-I had some real fun with this one.Pop the little rolled droid up in the launcher and pull the nylon(?) fabric cord,and watch him roll down on the tile.It rolls pretty far,and I was suprised it made it more than a few inches.The only draw back would have to be the "cord" itself.Although it looks pretty stong,I can imagine a kid pulling way too hard and the plastic grip falling off or the cord itself fraying and eventually breaking

Overall - 3.5/5 : Fun little set if you like droids or want some real play value.The rolled droid smashes a block of action figures pretty well,and I had some fun knocking them down :D

jedihunter25
08-30-2003, 11:50 PM
I see these things (pegwarmers) everywhere but I don't plan on picking any of these up. I'd rather spend $$$ on building clone and separist armies. Again, it looks like Hasbro was going for the kiddies on this one- but of course, it looks like kiddies don't even buy them because they are not into SW from the looks of these cluttering up the peg spaces. GET A CLUE HASBRO!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
08-31-2003, 06:51 PM
I see it cluttering the pegs as well,and kids beyond 7 or so wouldnt pick this up,unless as a gift.(as in my case).I'd rather see some type of different Army builder pack,Arc Troopers would be nice to fit in with the Clone Wars line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-31-2003, 07:52 PM
I just wish some of those pegwarmers would come my way . . . the only Clone Wars I've seen are vehicles and rerelease lightsabers . . .

vulcantouch
10-23-2003, 10:46 PM
. . .so in case anyone here's got a loose one they're willing to part with check out my accessotrade offer (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=276426&postcount=15); i'll trade your choice of any Four of those items for an eka roll-up ;)
vt