PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Marvel Figures (Excelsior!)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

LTBasker
04-10-2004, 12:36 PM
I saw the Blade figure the other day and is that a repack from the Blade toy series?

Negatory, the figure's new. However the glaive, gun and sword are all from the first Blade movie figures as was talked about earlier.

Whats happining with ICEMAN!!!!

He's still gonna be released, but not until next year. Hopefully this will give them time to make him even better than originally possibly. They were already working on him some more to improve from what was shown at ToyFair, but this could make him extra cool now. (Pun not intended but I like it. :p)

Reefer Shark
04-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I saw this news the other day too.

Great news IMO! This will give collectors a chance to catch up on those impossible to find previous chase figures. I've always wanted one of those maskless Wolvies, it has the best unmasked Wolvie head sculpt IMO. And I know that tons of people missed out on Goliath as well.....

This will address my previous complaint about how they've massively increased the number of figures produced per year. Thanks ToyBiz! :)

Now all they need to do is stop making chase figures altogether, and increase the number of bad guys = then this really would be the perfect toy line!

LTBasker
04-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Ya know what they should do...is make halfer lines for variants and such.

Such as in the case of Series 6, it could be:

Series 6-
Deadpool
Cable (regular)
Phoenix (regular)
Wolvie
Juggs
Punisher

Series 6.5
Cable (variant)
Phoenix (variant)
Unmasked Tiger stripe Wolvie (rerelease)
Goliath

etc. etc. Just make a .5 halfer line for the variants and rereleased chase figures. That way stores can buy regular assortments and know if they'll be getting in chase figures or variants. To make the "chase" difference, the .5 assortments would just be made in less numbers than the regular series assortments.

jjreason
04-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Im really happy with the finallized list for the year. With the boxed sets coming, there will be tons of possible new additions to our collections. Let's hope Dark Phoenix and Phasing Vision are "Nick Fury hard to get" as opposed to "Red Skull hard to get". :)

El Chuxter
04-10-2004, 04:24 PM
So I guess that this means the Jubilee Classics line has been put on hold until the release of X3: Jubilation Day? :mad:

Nice to see, though, I can finally get the chase figures that didn't show up at KB clearances. :)

the marvel legends figs are awsome and have great detail :classic: :classic: :classic:
have favorite is gambit :classic:

I agree! He's the second best action figure of all time from any line (and only beaten by the in-freakin'-credible 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime, which is nothing to scoff at). :beard:

Reefer Shark
04-11-2004, 03:32 AM
Let's hope Dark Phoenix and Phasing Vision are "Nick Fury hard to get" as opposed to "Red Skull hard to get". :)
Amen brother..... I second that!

RooJay
04-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Nick Fury is a chase figure?! He seems to be shipping in equal numbers to all the other figures around here. :confused: I thought Blade was the only chase figure in this series.

Reefer Shark
04-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Good old Fury was shipped one per case. I think he lingers on the shelf due to lack of interest, so it seems like he's heavily shipped.

Blade wasn't in the initial shipments of wave 5, but I think showed up in larger numbers in later shipments. He's a popular character, so they fly off the shelf making it seem like a chase figure.

The real chase figure from wave 5 is the Red Skull..... it's ridiculously hard to get that sucker.... :ermm:

LTBasker
04-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Yeah know whatcha mean, theres three Nick Fury's sitting on the shelves here and that's it for ML. It's pathetic... maybe if they had given him something more than just a basic pistol he would've been interesting.

RooJay
04-14-2004, 12:28 AM
I don't know, he was pretty interesting to me. He was the one I wanted most from the beginning. These kids today just don't know what "cool" is.

jjreason
04-14-2004, 01:23 AM
I guess he just seemed hard to get because of the low numbers of figures from series V we've seen up here period. Only 2 stores got series V, and I've only seen the one Nick on the pegs. I've seen about 3 Elektras, and I rate the 2 figures as being close to equal on the "tough to get scale" (just seen many more cases of wave IV put out here).

I haven't seen Red Skull (or any of the other tricky "real" chase figures either, for that matter).

Reefer Shark
04-14-2004, 01:24 AM
Yeah.. most kids these days have no idea who Nick Fury is. My nephew says "Nick who?" as he's grabbing for the X-characters lol. All we've really had from Fury lately was the insane MAX series. That was not for kids, but it was a fun read! :D

I think it's a great figure though. Along with the gun, he also has the jetpack (a very nice accessory/stand). The only thing that could've made him better would be if he came with a big fat cigar.

Oh yeah JJ,
Mr. Fantastic is a one per case figure too. You see much of him around? Out here he's about as common as old Nick!

RooJay
04-14-2004, 02:04 AM
Out here the only figures that don't seem common are Silver Surfer and Blade. Mr. Fantastic seems plentiful in my area.

evenflow
04-14-2004, 04:01 PM
I saw a bunch of Silver Surfers, Fury's, and Mr. Fantastic.

jjreason
04-14-2004, 07:13 PM
For ML 5 up here I have seen a grand total of approximately:

1 surfer (Zellers)
2 Mr. Fantastics (1 at each store, Zellers and TRU)
2 Sabretooths (both at TRU - one left with my name on it)
2 Blades (both at Zellers)
0 Red Skulls

That's it. WalMart hasn't gotten any, but they're over run with wave 4 right now.

evenflow
04-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Any one spotting Hulk CLassics? Wave 1 or 2?

LTBasker
04-17-2004, 06:00 PM
2 Blades (both at Zellers)

What type of Blades are y'all getting? Poster books or comic books? On ebay I see alot of Canadians with the comic book version..

plasticfetish
04-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Any one spotting Hulk Classics? Wave 1 or 2?
Both, but not much at all. Seems pretty spotty distribution wise near me.

Reefer Shark
04-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Any one spotting Hulk CLassics? Wave 1 or 2?Hulk classics wave one has showed up around here plenty of times (still haven't seen Abomination though), and so far I've only found Savage Hulk w/Banner from wave 2. I wish these were more common as they are great figures IMO.

What type of Blades are y'all getting? Poster books or comic books? On ebay I see alot of Canadians with the comic book version..I've only seen the poster book version of Blade so far..

-----

I found a Marvel Select Green Goblin the other day, and it is sweet. So nice that I didn't hesitate to fork over the ridiculously high retail price ($20). I really like the look of it, and ToyBiz has been boosting the articulation with the last few Marvel Select figures. I count 20 on Green Goblin! He, and the tied-up Spider Man accessory have a very good paint job.

His glider is awesome too. Judging from the pics in Toyfare, it looks much better than the one with the upcoming Marvel Legends Sinister Six box set (so does the figure IMO).

Here's a few pics:

jjreason
04-18-2004, 04:30 AM
I'm sure the Blade figures were both packed with the gold poster, LTB. For whatever reason we seem to get them mainly with the posters up here, that's why I've bought quite a few of mine online... just to get the reprint classic comic.

evenflow
04-18-2004, 09:55 AM
Hulk classics wave one has showed up around here plenty of times (still haven't seen Abomination though), and so far I've only found Savage Hulk w/Banner from wave 2. I wish these were more common as they are great figures IMO.

I've only seen the poster book version of Blade so far..

-----

I found a Marvel Select Green Goblin the other day, and it is sweet. So nice that I didn't hesitate to fork over the ridiculously high retail price ($20). I really like the look of it, and ToyBiz has been boosting the articulation with the last few Marvel Select figures. I count 20 on Green Goblin! He, and the tied-up Spider Man accessory have a very good paint job.

His glider is awesome too. Judging from the pics in Toyfare, it looks much better than the one with the upcoming Marvel Legends Sinister Six box set (so does the figure IMO).

Here's a few pics:

That Green Goblin looks awesome. Very nice. I still have yet to see Hulk CLassic stuff :(

jjreason
04-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Found a Carnage tonight from the Spider-Man line. I passed on him because the paint (and hence entire figure) looked like crap. Too bad, as I think that Carnage is a good entry into the figure realm - better suited to plastic play than the comic page in my opinion.

evenflow
04-20-2004, 10:38 PM
You know I have been wanting Carnage but just don't like the way he looks in pictures (have never seen one in person). I would like to see another one done a little better.

RooJay
04-22-2004, 09:25 PM
I've personally never liked how they've always done Carnage in toy form. It's always seemed to me like he should be completely smooth (like Venom) with red and black swirling on the surface of his skin. I don't recall ever having seen him drawn in the comics the way he always ends up sculpted in plastic. Just doesn't look right to me. Of course, I've never liked nor saw much use in the character anyway.

evenflow
04-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Rumors have it that Hulk Classics 3 has been announced. Rumors say it will include:

Classic Hulk
Thunder Clap Hulk
Warlord

Not sure if this is true because there have been 4 figures in the last 2 waves. We need a villian in there somewhere.

plasticfetish
04-30-2004, 03:44 AM
It's been so friggin' long since I've had any luck like this, but this evening at KB, for $5.99 I found (series IV) Goliath. Crazy thing is, this mall KB's right across from a new comic book store... can't believe they didn't snag this thing. So check those KBs, looks like a few cool things may be floating around and hitting the pegs still.

Reefer Shark
04-30-2004, 10:22 AM
It's been so friggin' long since I've had any luck like this, but this evening at KB, for $5.99 I found (series IV) Goliath. Crazy thing is, this mall KB's right across from a new comic book store... can't believe they didn't snag this thing. So check those KBs, looks like a few cool things may be floating around and hitting the pegs still.
Holy crap!!!

Congratulations PF, that's an awesome score!

I've been hitting the KB's for these lately too, so far I've only turned up the variant Hulk. My nephew found the trenchcoat Thing the other day. If I find a maskless Wolvie (not holding my breath), I'll crap my pants!

evenflow
04-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Great find, I have been checking, but nothing for me.

plasticfetish
05-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Yeah. I was really happy... and the best thing (for me anyway) was that the bubble was sort of scuffed up, so I opened it. If I had to pay $40 on ebay, I'd never have done it. The little Ant Man figure's so cool.

Now I'm kind of obsessed with my chances on finding another though... or a Red Skull maybe. (Oh man.) KB has the craziest stock thing going down now that they cleared out all of those stores.

evenflow
05-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Yeah i think the only reason I want it is for Ant-Man and Wasp. I wish my KB would stock up in some stuff.

-Durge-
05-03-2004, 02:25 AM
Any word on Iceman from series 8? We saw him at Toy Fair remember?

evenflow
05-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Series 8 has been pushed back. It will be coming out eventually.

-Durge-
05-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Ok, whats the word on SM2 series 3. We have seen series 1 and 2 and we almost know for sure there will be a series 3. Any pics yet?

LTBasker
05-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Series 3 will have the gimmickized Doc Ock with attacking tentacles and will be arriving soon I'm sure. Series 4 will be out after the movie and have Doc Ock with bendy tentacles.

Series 8 was pushed back to 2005, so hopefully they're gonna make Iceman, Storm and Doc Ock SUPER SWEET by then. :D

Reefer Shark
05-04-2004, 06:12 PM
I just wish they would put Dr. Strange back on the roster.... :cry:

-Durge-
05-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Has anyone got pics of series 3. Also is there a chance of a spider man without his mask on?

evenflow
05-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Yeah Iceman needed alot of work. Doc Oc and Man-Thing will be mint. I can't wait for those. I agree that I want Dr. Strange, possibly series 9.

LTBasker
05-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Has anyone got pics of series 3. Also is there a chance of a spider man without his mask on?

Actually... there's this from the first movie: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000062SPL/qid=1083794555/br=1-4/ref=br_lf_t_4//102-1374445-8506514?v=glance&s=toys&n=12880241 It's a non-super articulated Spider-Man body with Peter Parker head, removeable mask and removeable wrestling clothes. (the sweat pants and whatnot)

There's also a comic version that was shown at Toy Fair which uses a similar technique, but it seems every bit of Peter Parker is supposed to fit over the Spider-man figure, even the Peter head! :eek:

http://www.411mania.com/figures/viewscreenshot.php?screenshots_id=2150

-Durge-
05-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Thats for that!! Who will be in series 3 and 4? Of SM2?

LTBasker
05-05-2004, 08:19 PM
ASST 1 (Available Now)
Twist N Shoot Spider-Man with Web Shooting Actions
Magnetic Spider-Man with Spiral Spinning Action
Web Climbing Spider-Man with Bendy Web Traps
Web Trap Spider-Man with Villain Trapping Action

ASST 2 (Available Now)
Rapid Punching Spider-Man with J. Jonah Jameson Punching Bag
Super Poseable Spider-Man with Wall Mountable Display Base; 46 Points of Articulation
Shoot N Slide Spider-Man with Magnetic Projectile Launcher; Features Real Working Zip Line and 36 Points of Articulation
Aerial Flipping Spider-Man with Street Light Acrobatics; 38 Points of Articulation

ASST 3 (Available April 2004)
Web Blast Spider-Man with Dual Web Shooters
Spin & Kick Spider-Man with Subway Accessory; 40 Points of Articulation
Battle Attack Spider-Man with Punch & Kick Action; 38 Points of Articulation
Doc Ock with Tentacle Attack Action; 32 Points of Articulation

ASST 4 (Available July 2004)
Doc Ock with Bendy Tentacles
Spider Sense Spider-Man with Wind-Up Tentacle Attack Base
Scooter Spider-Man with Pizza Hurling Action

-Durge-
05-06-2004, 07:42 AM
Wow thanks for that!!! I wonder when we will see pics!?

LTBasker
05-06-2004, 12:19 PM
We did 3 months ago:

http://www.411mania.com/figures/article.php?figures_id=1030

http://www.afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2004_Toy_Fair%2FToy_Biz%2FSpider-Man_2&hn=1

jjreason
05-06-2004, 02:11 PM
ASST 4 (Available July 2004)
Doc Ock with Bendy Tentacles
Spider Sense Spider-Man with Wind-Up Tentacle Attack Base
Scooter Spider-Man with Pizza Hurling Action

For the love of God and all things holy, please tell me you're kidding. :(

El Chuxter
05-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Nah, of course not. It will go with the neon orange "urban-camo" Batman with skateboard!

LTBasker
05-06-2004, 02:43 PM
For the love of God and all things holy, please tell me you're kidding. :(

Nope, they even showed the figure at Toy Fair. Worst yet? [SPOILER]Peter's riding the same type of cycle in the latest trailer

Not good, not good at all. :eek:

jjreason
05-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Bah, I should have known. :rolleyes: I don't get the Spider-Men anyhow, so it doesn't really affect me. On one good Spidey note, I did manage to find a Green Goblin figure at the TRU closest to Jodi's sister's place (where we are right now on holiday). He's cool - chunky and well sculpted. Very much based on Humberto Ramos' take of GG from Peter Parker 48-50 which I really liked. Good figure, though I won't be hesitating to pick up the new GG which is supposed to come out this year.

Reefer Shark
05-12-2004, 01:26 AM
Yeah.. .I dig that GG too. He's one of those figures that just seems 10 times better when you bust him out. He's got some surprisingly good articulation with all that bulk.

It looks like wave 3 of SM 2 line is out. I saw two new versions of Spidey at a TRU today. One was something stupid like "kicking action" or something like that:rolleyes: , it had a backdrop of a door with Doc Ock's tentacles coming out. The other was "web shooting action" or something cheesy like that. But hey, I guess it's better than "scooter driving, pizza tossing"... whats up with that noise???

On the backs of the cards there were pics of the Doc Ock figures, but no Ocks to be found in the store unfortunately...

evenflow
05-12-2004, 08:07 AM
You know I bought the Green Goblin, but i just don't like it. Its a cool figure and all I just don't liek the artowrk its based on. The Marvel Select Goblin rocks. If i get some extra cash that is what i will be buying.

Rocketboy
05-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Is the Unmasked Wolverine from the Marvel Legends line (series 3 with the comic) still pretty rare? I haven't picked up a Toyfare or any other toy mags lately.
I actually found one today, so I picked it up.

(Sorry if this sounds like spam - I'm just curious)

LTBasker
05-13-2004, 04:13 AM
Sort of is, I think it still goes for around $100 but awhile ago they really started showing up again from cases finally getting reached in warehouses. I know some people that have found 3 at once! :eek: I think he was also rereleased a bit with a foil poster, but that may have been awhile ago.

evenflow
05-13-2004, 07:16 AM
Well if what Toybiz says is true, all the chase figures will be re-released so here's hoping to find Goliath and a Doombot.

plasticfetish
05-21-2004, 04:39 AM
Found the movie "Doc Ock" at TRU today. It's a decent figure -- not great, but very good and cool for display.

First of all, the construction of the figure is a little cheesy. It's flimsy feeling at first, with some of the joints being a little too bendy and all. The action gimmick doesn't work as well as it should -- and overall it'd be better if the tentacles were just wire bendy type arms. Out of the 6 or 7 that I saw, the paint was sloppy on most of them. I may have actually gotten the only good one on the pegs.

On the plus side, I'd say that mostly I'm impressed with what a good sculpt it is. The face is really nice on mine. The figure looks really cool posed with the super articulated Spider Man that I'd picked up a while ago. Doc Ock's articulation is very nice as well -- I'm happy that they gave him those ball socket hips, 'cause it's very easy to get him to stand.

All in all, it's a winner. Now I'll just have to sit here and wait for the movie I suppose.

evenflow
05-21-2004, 08:32 AM
I am totally not feeling the movie Doc Oc. I am waiting for the ML series 8 figure, now that one rocked.

LTBasker
05-21-2004, 05:11 PM
I hope the bendy tentacle version isn't hard to find, the trench coat jobs on the Ock figures and facial sculpts aren't that impressing. But the overall figure isn't bad looking. I've heard both Ocks have been showing up at TRU as well.

Reefer Shark
05-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Found the movie "Doc Ock" at TRU today. It's a decent figure -- not great, but very good and cool for display.

First of all, the construction of the figure is a little cheesy. It's flimsy feeling at first, with some of the joints being a little too bendy and all. The action gimmick doesn't work as well as it should -- and overall it'd be better if the tentacles were just wire bendy type arms. Out of the 6 or 7 that I saw, the paint was sloppy on most of them. I may have actually gotten the only good one on the pegs.

On the plus side, I'd say that mostly I'm impressed with what a good sculpt it is. The face is really nice on mine. The figure looks really cool posed with the super articulated Spider Man that I'd picked up a while ago. Doc Ock's articulation is very nice as well -- I'm happy that they gave him those ball socket hips, 'cause it's very easy to get him to stand.

All in all, it's a winner. Now I'll just have to sit here and wait for the movie I suppose.Nice,
I'll have to get one of those.. I saw one at F-n-S the other day, but didn't even bother asking how much they were scalping him for.....

Good pic, mine never turn out that clear and nice.

evenflow
05-24-2004, 07:59 AM
New Spider-Man classics have been sighted, so Ultimate Rhino is out there. I personally have not seen them, but I will pass on it regardless. Not a fan of the Ultimate Universe and still very happy with the Classics Rhino that came out a while ago.

Reefer Shark
06-01-2004, 01:05 AM
I found the new assortment of Spider-Man classics today at Puzzle Zoo. Pretty cool, I actually like this whole assortment. That's a first for me with the Spider-Man classics line, usually I only like 1 or maybe 2 figures per wave.

They were all overpriced at $11.95 so I only got the Cyber SM (I'll get the others at regular retail). He's the red/gray version, I read at AFTimes (I think...) that there will be a running change to red/blue on this figure.

I figured might as well get it now in case this color variation is HTF. Usually I wouldn't get a strange version of SM like this, but for some reason I really like the look of it. Kinda seems to go with the Mecha Hulk (still need to find that one....).

LTBasker
06-01-2004, 03:38 PM
How was Black Costume Spidey? Promo pics showed his head to be pea-sized, is it better in production version?

Reefer Shark
06-01-2004, 06:29 PM
I thought his head looked pretty normal, nothing special though. The head looks like it could be the same sculpt as the original one from wave 1. I could be wrong though.

One thing about these "classics" lines, I wish they would include a base, or a plain stand instead of all the crappy pack-ins (like 6 foot guns, and hang gliders... :ermm: ).

My Cyber Spider-Man came with a big robot spider, a shield, and a web-shooting/wrist mountable gun. How lame is that? The could've tossed all that crap and gave me stand, I would be much happier.

LTBasker
06-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah I don't quite understand their logic at times. Surely theres enough Spider-Man figures with gimmicks and whatnot.. One thing I really hate about the new wave is the glider they put with Black Spidey. What the heck? Not only did they put in a really weird accessory, but the glider is different than the better looking one in the promo shot. It just doesn't make alot of sense....

I too wish they would do more bases, especially in Marvel Legends. They seem really random on who gets a base or not in the upcoming waves.

Reefer Shark
06-01-2004, 07:57 PM
I personally would like it better if they would just do away with the large bases and just inlcude basic little round stands.

Then just do deluxe boxed versions of chacters with Vehicles (like Ghost Rider & upcoming Hawkeye). They could have sets of three, kind of like ToyBiz does with the Horse/rider sets in the LOTR line. This way we would probably get more acurate sized vehicles too (that Ghost Rider bike was waaaaay too small IMO).

jjreason
06-01-2004, 11:08 PM
I've been passing on Kraven (the newest villain we've seen up here so far), though I'm getting closer to getting him each time I see one. Has anyone found the Spidey Daredevil figure shown on the back of that run's package? Is it the same as the ML "Urban Legends" boxed set (but brighter red)? I didn't care for that DD. I haven't seen the single carded version anywhere.

Reefer Shark
06-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Yup, exact same figure but brighter red paint.

As far as Kraven goes, I like the single card version better than the upcoming box set version (with the big open mouth). I like the regular versions evil smile:cool:

evenflow
06-02-2004, 08:53 AM
I personally wisht here were more pack-ins like as Howard the Duck, Gremlin, and Doop. Give me more of those.

Reefer Shark
06-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Man.. I hit the JACKPOT at Wal-Mart today!!! I guess they had just put out the 10 or so cases of Marvel Legends 5, cause they looked like no one had gone through them yet.

Imagine my surprise to find not 1, not 2, but 3 Red Skulls! Holy crap! Plus, there was a variant Dr Doom (Doombot) in there too, so I guess it's true that they're re-distributing some of the older variants. Really, what are the odds of finding 4 HTF ML variants at one retail store?? I consider myself a lucky toy hunter today!

It looks like 2 of my collecting buddies are going to have a nice red surprise waiting for them!!! :smoker:

Hit up those Wal-Marts folks!

LTBasker
06-04-2004, 02:22 AM
Any Blades with the comic book instead of the poster book?

Reefer Shark
06-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Didn't see any. In fact I've never seen one, not even at scalper joints. That must really be a rare one.

evenflow
06-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Nice find. I really need to find a Goliath and Doombot.

LTBasker
06-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Didn't see any. In fact I've never seen one, not even at scalper joints. That must really be a rare one.

I think it was ToyBiz did a running change during production, most of the comic Blade figs seemed to show up in Canada/UK while the US got pretty much just poster books. Then they changed it to just the poster book. I'm hoping I can eventually found a reasonably priced one to buy before scalpers get wind of the true "rare variant." Only a couple random people on ebay have seemed to ever note this in their auctions.

plasticfetish
06-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Man.. I hit the JACKPOT at Wal-Mart today!!!
Wow! You sure did. I'm mighty jealous.

plasticfetish
06-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Has anyone found the Spidey Daredevil figure shown on the back of that run's package?
Yeah, I've seen a few in the last couple of days, and I can't remember if it's that same one. I will say, that the paint has been sloppy enough on the face to scare me off each time.

Picked up Cyber Spider-Man at TRU tonight. Pretty ridiculous looking toy... but extremely fun. Saw the "black costume Spider-Man" also. Not like there's a lot of painted stuff on this figure... the eyes, the spider logo, but the two I saw were both a mess. So I passed.

Didn't see any Rhinos at all. Bummer.

Reefer Shark
06-11-2004, 10:52 PM
That's so true on the Daredevils facial paint. I've seen plenty of them, and only actually found 2 with acceptable paint. I actually just saw another sloppy one today at Target.

I finally found some Hulk classics 2 figures yesterday too. Got the mecha Hulk, and War Hulk (no Absorbing Man). Really great figures, I'm very happy with them. It's too bad this line is dead, would have liked to have seen a Wendigo and Leader. I've got Mecha Hulk whooping on the Cyber Spider-Man right now. It's a little silly, but I really dig the way they look for some reason!

On the Marvel Legends front,
It looks like ML6 is showing up in the UK, they've got plenty of pics here (http://www.action-figure.com/Article11867.html). Really cool stuff. I want 'em all!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Reefer- The Hulk line isn't really dead, technically. Toybiz has said that the figures that were slated for wave 3 are going to make it into future Marvel Legends releases. I think that Leader was in wave 3, so we might see him yet! :D

Reefer Shark
06-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Nice, I thought I heard that too, but passed it off as a rumor.

I really hope it's true. I'm sure we'll see some much better distribution if that's the case. The only thing I really don't want to see though is 3 Hulks in a ML assortment. I'm sure they wouldn't do that..... would they?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-12-2004, 12:57 AM

I really hope it's true. I'm sure we'll see some much better distribution if that's the case. The only thing I really don't want to see though is 3 Hulks in a ML assortment. I'm sure they wouldn't do that..... would they?

lol I dunno, it IS toybiz, so anything is possible. :p On a more positive note, Julian at AFTimes reported that Toybiz is going to send out mixed cases of XMC and HC this summer. Here is the catch, the HC figures are going to be PRIMARILY Abomination AND Absorbing Man! Apparently, TB has heard our cries for these bad boys and are finally going to answer. I already got my Abomy, but i want my Absorbing Man, dammit!! :D

Reefer Shark
06-12-2004, 01:20 AM
lol I dunno, it IS toybiz, so anything is possible. :p On a more positive note, Julian at AFTimes reported that Toybiz is going to send out mixed cases of XMC and HC this summer. Here is the catch, the HC figures are going to be PRIMARILY Abomination AND Absorbing Man! Apparently, TB has heard our cries for these bad boys and are finally going to answer. I already got my Abomy, but i want my Absorbing Man, dammit!! :D
That's the best news I've heard all week! I so want an Abomination and Absorbing Man......

plasticfetish
06-12-2004, 01:45 AM
the HC figures are going to be PRIMARILY Abomination AND Absorbing Man!
Wow! I'd given up on ever seeing either of those... that's pretty cool.

RooJay
06-12-2004, 01:01 PM

Probably not, but they may be likely to give us the Leader riding a horse in a box with three Hulk figures we already have. ;)

evenflow
06-14-2004, 12:59 PM
I found Absorbing Man the other day and really am hoping that Abonmination is not far behind. They should release a box set with Leader, Abomination, Absorbing Man, and any other random Hulk CLassics 3 that would have been made.

El Chuxter
06-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Here's an idea I had that would be the coolest Marvel Legends boxed set ever!

Psylocke (Rogue/Elektra repaint with minor changes)
The Mandarin (Given how he's dressed in the storyline I'm thinking of, this could even be Red Skull with a new head and hands. But he's so sucktacular, they could leave him out and still charge for four figures and no one would notice or care.)
Wolverine (Practically nekkid; could be Weapon X Wolvie with a more savage head sculpt)

And the kicker. . . .

Jubilee! She could easily be retooled from existing female characters, since most of her body would be covered by her trenchcoat. (Yeah, it ain't scene accurate, but the Psylocke doesn't have to be, neither.) They could use the head from the kinda weird Jubilee figure from the Danger Room X-Men figures from about ten years back; just slap some sunglasses and big honkin' earrings on it!

Duuuuuuuuude, why does Toybiz bother with Absorbing Man and that kind of tripe when they could make this set? :confused:

Rocketboy
06-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Pretty good, but i'd like a new Psylocke and not a resculpt.

plasticfetish
06-14-2004, 05:09 PM
All that after I get my Abomination and Absorbing Man. :)

-----

Other topic...
I'm gonna have to take "Cyber Spider-Man" off my desk I think. I can't leave the damn thing alone and it's distracting me when I should be working. If you buy this... be warned.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-14-2004, 07:30 PM
I found Absorbing Man the other day and really am hoping that Abonmination is not far behind. They should release a box set with Leader, Abomination, Absorbing Man, and any other random Hulk CLassics 3 that would have been made.

evenflow- could you tell me where you find Absorbing Man at? I'm still hunting for him and any store info would be great. thanks!

I also LOVE your idea about a Hulk themed box set. That would be a good way to release the villians in "one swift swoop." :D

Reefer Shark
06-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Yo JMG,
I keep hearing reports of them at KBtoys. I've found all of wave 2 except Absorbing Man there myself.

Speaking of KB, I found a Ultimate Rhino and Black costume Spider-Man there today ~ Neat-o!! :smoker:

PF,
I know what you mean about ole cyber-spider. I cant stop messing with him and mecha hulk. Cyber SM isn't quite as articulated as the rest of the SM figures, but damn he looks cool!

evenflow
06-16-2004, 09:16 AM
evenflow- could you tell me where you find Absorbing Man at? I'm still hunting for him and any store info would be great. thanks!

I also LOVE your idea about a Hulk themed box set. That would be a good way to release the villians in "one swift swoop." :D

I found my wave 2 figures at KB toys, I picked up Absorbing Man, Mecha Hulk andGamma Hulk with Bruce Banner. I never found series 1 though :(

Reefer Shark
06-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Sweet! I scored an Absorbing Man today in a trade. After busting him open, I really like the figure. Nicely done! I really dig the headsculpt.

The action feature doesn't really work right on mine, but that's ok I guess. I just display 'em anyways. The only other drawbacks are that his right wrist isn't articulated, and no swivel waist. Other than that he's got the modern Marvel Legends articulation. Now if I could just find one of those Abominations I'll be all set!

I also scored the Marvel Select Ultimate Thor over at a comic shop today. I love it!! Thogh I might be biased as I'm a pretty big Thor fan. Pretty cool figure, one of the better MS figures out there. He looks like the comic version, and he's fairly well articulated for a Marvel Select. I count 16 points of articulation.

evenflow
06-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Congrats on your find. I was pleasantly surprised with Absorbing Man as well. I was originally going to pass on him until i saw it in person.

Marvel Select Thor is cool but I pass because I am not into the Ultimates.

Here's hoping to find an Abomination.

RooJay
06-17-2004, 07:19 PM
One thing I'd like to see is a new Giant Man using the 18" Spider-Man body as a basis. Same articulation new sculpt. Maybe even an Ultimates Giant Man to go with the Ultimate Captain America we're getting. The same could be done with a Marvel Legends Galactus! Tell me they couldn't sell a million of 'em! They could even push the price up to fifty bucks and it'd still be a good deal in my opinion!

LTBasker
06-17-2004, 07:45 PM
I was thinking of an 18" Sentinel fitted with footpegs on parts of it's body. :D But those would be pretty sweet! They could release 6" versions of AntMan and the Wasp to release along side him. :eek:

We need a Marvel Giants line:
18" Sentinel
18" Goliath
18" Galactus
18" Apocolypse (he could get big couldn't he? Thoguht I heard that somewhere...)

RooJay
06-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Cool idea! Each could have a regular six inch figure as a pack in. It would be a great way to justify some of the characters we might not get normally like Firelord or Terrax with Galactus, Forge, Jubilee or someone els apropriate with the Sentinel, and the aforementioned full-sized Wasp or Ant-Man with Giant-Man (or one with Giant-Man and the other with a Goliath repaint!).
Not sure about Apocalypse growing giant, though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Nice find, Reefer Shark!! I'm incredibly jealous, but my Abomination figure will make me happy. :crazed: I can't wait to find me one though. :D

Has anybody else seen this 30 inch "super poseable" spider-man 2 figure?!?! Holy jesus!!! I saw this thing today at work and nearly crapped my pants: it's HUGE!!! 30 points of articulation too. I was tempted to buy it, but what would i do with a 30'' spider-man???!?!?! Still fun to look at though. :p

RooJay
06-18-2004, 12:45 AM
Haven't seen a thirty inch - I own the eighteen inch figure, though. Probably what you meant anyway. We were actually just talking about that one. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-18-2004, 12:53 AM
haven't seena thirty inch - I own the eighteen inch figure, though. Probably what you meant anyway. We were actually just talking about that one. ;)

no, Roojay, i meant thirty inches. Don't believe me? Here is a pic of one that a guy has on e-bay. I passed and examined one at work today. :)

RooJay
06-18-2004, 01:42 AM
WOAH, KEWL! I gotta have one! That one came out of nowhere - no Toy Fair pics or nuthin'! How big're these figures gonna get anyway? How much was he going for?

Looks less poseable than the 18 incher, though.

LTBasker
06-18-2004, 02:59 AM
Yeah I saw that figure at Wal-Mart, it was right there on one of those side things after walking in with your basket. They didn't have any in the toy aisle for some reason... I think it's about $30 so a buck an inch. Wish it had more articulation..wouldn't need the amoutn the 18" has, as I doubt it could support it's weight in some poses. But at least articulated fingers..

evenflow
06-18-2004, 09:03 AM
I was thinking of an 18" Sentinel fitted with footpegs on parts of it's body. :D But those would be pretty sweet! They could release 6" versions of AntMan and the Wasp to release along side him. :eek:

We need a Marvel Giants line:
18" Sentinel
18" Goliath
18" Galactus

Taht would be awesome and I love the idea of packing a regular figure in that we would normally not get.

Beast
06-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Updated pictures of Iceman and Storm. Iceman is looking much better. More like Bobby Drake and less like Professor X. The final version of Storm kicks butt, I wish the chase version was going to be her White/Grey outfit. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
06-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Wow, that Storm looks really cool! I wonder what the deal is with her cape, bendy plastic mabye?

JJB, is there going to be a Storm chase? Maybe the mohawk version, I suppose that would be pretty easy for ToyBiz. Just slap a new head on her.

Beast
06-22-2004, 11:13 PM
The mohawk version is the rumored chase figure. But that depends if they decide to go with the idea to do interchangable heads of not. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
06-23-2004, 03:02 PM
I think that the Mohawk is confirmed. I still think Iceman looks awful. Apocalypse still is not working for me either. I wish Series 8 was coming out sooner, I really want Iceman and Man-Thing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-23-2004, 06:47 PM
After calling a few TrU, i found one that had Rhino and held it for me. When i got there and started talking to the associate, they let me snoop around their cases and i got an extra Rhino for my buddy and the Black Costumed spidey. Very awesome figures in my opinion. I like how Rhino looks a lot. I still want my damned Absorbing Man though! :D

RooJay
06-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Those figures look awesome! Great to see they fixed Iceman especially, but even Storm looks much better than those earlier prototypes - they even made sure to get her in the right color, black (the cartoon always had it wrong as white, Jim Lee designed the costume and never drew it as white). These make me wish we had a good Archangel to go with our Jim Lee era X-Men!

evenflow
06-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Black Widow looks much better too, now if i could only find Abomination.

Reefer Shark
06-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Hey bud,
Where'd you see the newer Black Widow? I'd love to see that.

Still looking far an abomination too...

jjreason
06-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Found the new wave of Spidey figures up here today at TRU. Ultimate Rhino was okay, but I'm sticking with my old Spidey Classics Rhino. I'm considering the Secret Identity Spidey (complete with Parker clothes, detachable arms etc - it looks pretty cool) and the black costume version but I left both on the pegs today.

Beast
06-25-2004, 05:49 PM
The Fantastic Four Boxset has hit in Hong Kong. So it shouldn't be too much longer before it starts turning up here. And big news, appearantly there is a chase variant of the boxset also. The regular version has a solid Invisible Woman. And the variant version is an invisible version of Sue. Sounds like Toy Biz hasn't learned all that much after all. Especially since this means you guys gotta buy two $40+ boxsets to get both versions. And that's if you can find them. It does look pretty damn sweet though. Follow the link. :)

http://www.action-figure.com/Article12002.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Wow that's really cheesy. Although they shoudl just wait and pay $40 for the chase version, then wait for Amazon to mark down the regular version to $10. :p

evenflow
06-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Hey bud,
Where'd you see the newer Black Widow? I'd love to see that.

Still looking far an abomination too...

Sorry if you misunderstood, I saw the new picture up over at Amazon.

As for the clear version of Sue, well that pretty much sucks. I would like to have it, but am not going to dish out another 40 to get a third Thing, Johnny, Reed, and Doom. They should do some type of promotion with the Clear version, like a mail away.

On a side note, i really do not the clear version of Vision either. I will not be chasing after that one, the regular version is much cooler.

jjreason
06-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Well I'll likely buy it if I can find it. I like Sue, Ben's new grimace, Johnny busting into flame and the pack ins, but I don't really care about getting a new Doom. I can't tell if Reed is as buff as the original release, but I'm not crazy about the face in the pics. Seem's like you get quite a bit for the money, provided it sells for the 39.99 the Urban Legends pack sold for up here.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Walking into work today, i swung by toys as i always do and guess who was staring at me as i passed the ML toys: Goliath!! I snagged him up immediately. Hopefully, this'll help in my journey to acquire Absorbing Man through some sort of trade. Great figure though! :D

evenflow
07-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Man am i the only one not finding a Goliath. I need him, a Doombot, and Abomination.

plasticfetish
07-03-2004, 03:43 AM
Found an "Ultimate Rhino" today. (Took long enough!) A fun toy, but it's just more c*** on the desk to distract me. ;) The gimmick is pretty harmless... but, like most of the "squeeze legs and the arm moves up and down" gimmicks, it lends itself to some pretty amusing and pre-verted moments.

Seriously, it made me laugh out load.

RooJay
07-04-2004, 03:53 AM
Found an "Ultimate Rhino" today. (Took long enough!) A fun toy, but it's just more c*** on the desk to distract me. ;) The gimmick is pretty harmless... but, like most of the "squeeze legs and the arm moves up and down" gimmicks, it lends itself to some pretty amusing and pre-verted moments.

Seriously, it made me laugh out load.

Considering the subject matter of your post, that's perhaps the most ironic and unintentionally hilarious typo I've seen in a while.

plasticfetish
07-04-2004, 05:35 AM
That is funny... and kind of gross. :sur:

jjreason
07-04-2004, 11:26 AM
Let us know if you come across another one any time soon. :sur:

evenflow
07-22-2004, 04:30 PM
New pics are up!!!!! Dr. Strange and Sandman look awesome.

RooJay
07-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Up where?! Up Where?! :sur:

Reefer Shark
07-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Dr. Strange?!?!?!? OMFG!

Yeah, where are the pics bud? I have to see 'em. I've been clamoring for a Dr. Strange (and Thanos for that matter) since the begining of the line.

Beast
07-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Up where?! Up Where?! :sur:
Follow your nose:

http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=3884

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
07-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Black Panther and Bullseye are up there as well now.

RooJay
07-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Wow! That Dr. Strange is frickin' amazing! It looks like his cloak might be segmented allowing for it to flare out - great touch if that's really how it turns out! In fact, they all look down right awesome! It's great to see that they managed to fix Iceman's head - looks much better now. I think it's interesting that they're giving us Storm with an alternate mohawk-ed head, but I really don't understand the reasoning if they're still using the same body; Storm never had a mohawk when she was wearing that costume. It just doesn't look right to me at all. :ermm: It's also a bit disappointing to me to see that the Ghost Rider figure with the correct colored outfit comes with the incorrect colored bike. :dis:
Bullseye, modern Iron Man and Black Panther look great! Black Panther may be my favorite of the bunch, but I still cannot wait to get my hands on that Ultimate Cap!!!
Anyone know what the deal is with that new Spider-Man figure on the last page? Is he Classics? Legends?! I really dig the design - very Romita. Hopefully if he is Legends he'll end up with full articulation; I can't make out any elbow joints from that pic.

plasticfetish
07-24-2004, 03:57 AM
Dr. Strange is great! I'm looking forward to him, Man Thing and the Vision. I was told at Comic-con today that the chase version would be easier (well, they said "not as hard") to find than past chase figures. We'll see, because seriously... I really want that one.

Here's some pics from the con...

evenflow
07-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Man-Thing just looks better everytime I see him. Wave 9 is shaping up to be awesome. As for the chase figures, I really want a Dark Phoenix, but other than that I just do not liek them so I am not worried because they still seem impossible to find.

Jedibill
07-25-2004, 02:37 AM
I might be wrong but looks like the spiderman figures will be in the red cards looks like the scorpion is in a red card in background I saw the lizard on table too I just found him at Target on clearance for $4.37 yesterday hes pretty cool looking too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-30-2004, 10:36 PM
well, check your TRU stores as i stumbled across the remnants of Wave 6 tonight after seeing Jerry Seinfeld in dayton. I saw what i expect to see a lot of: more wolverines and that damned movie Punisher figure. The kid said he saw one phoenix, 2 juggernauts, a few wolverines, 1 deadpool and 2 Cables. This wave should be fun to get. :rolleyes: HH!

Reefer Shark
08-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Keep checking those TRU's. As I was walking into one today, I saw a dude walking up to the register with a Deadpool, Phoenix variant, and another figure that I couldn't make out. Damn... missed the boat by minutes.

Back at the action figure aisle, they were stocking and had 2 fresh cases on a pallet. The stock guy said it was cool that I go through them. 1st box (was already opened)= all wolvies, punishers, cables, Jugernauts. As I was about to open the 2nd sealed box, a nasty floor manager came and started yelling at the stockers for letting me look. Then she gets all nasty with me saying "all you collectors go through and just pick out the good ones", all mean like. Then she sends the two boxes to the back with the stockers.....

I should have complained to the Store manager, but I guess it wouldn't have done any good anyways.. besides, I was in a hurry.. :speech:

anyways.. .I ended up getting the Wolvie, Jugs, and Cable from the few that were already on the shelf. All 3 are great figures, but I have to say that I like Juggs the best.

Y'know....... I didn't really notice it before, but with the exception of the Punisher, this entire wave consists of X-related characters. Nice figures, but enough with the X-characters already!

El Chuxter
08-10-2004, 03:17 PM
I found one each of Cable, Wolvie, and Movie Punisher yesterday at Wal-Mart. A guy was in the aisle holding the only Juggernaut, so I missed out on him. :(

RooJay
08-10-2004, 03:30 PM
For my friend Reefer Shark:

What I would've done in that situation was immediately (and calmly) demand the district manager's phone number. There is no way you should've been denied the right to purchase merchandise from that store. It's what they are in business for; whether or not you were only going to buy "the good ones" and regardless of the fact that they hadn't been put on the pegs yet. That, my friend, is the very definition of ludicrous. You should never have stood for it, and I highly recommend that you call that store now (even after the fact) for the district manager's contact information and lodge your complaint anyway. Having spent much time in the retail industry I can guarantee that you will get results and should never have to experience that kind of treatment in that store again. In fact, I'm begging you to do just that.

evenflow
08-10-2004, 04:02 PM
I would have caused some trouble. What can you do i guess. I am stilling looking for Dark Phoenix. Too bad you missed her.

As for this assortment, yeah it was way too X-heavy.

Jedibill
08-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Me and my Brther in law had something like that happen at Wal-Mart one time The New sneak preview starwars figures had just came out and we just happen to be at Wal-mart one nite and they had them a few were on the pegs but about 6 cases were sitting on a pallet so he grabbed 1 on each and a store employee cut him off has he walked away and made him give them back would not let him buy them "WHATS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE"? other then the fact they wanna make extra money on Ebay.

Reefer Shark
08-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. The more I think about it the more PO'ed I get. I think I am going to contact the District Mgr after all.

When I think that there could've been a Dark Phoenix, or unmasked Wolvie in that box I just see red. :Ogre:

It actually happened to me before a few years ago when I was into those Gundam figures. There was a case on a pallet, and the stock dude refused me. I hung around until he was gone, then took the case to another aisle and opened it up (bad, I know).

He caught me while I was pilfering, but I already had what I wanted in my hands. Once, they're in hand = game over, the figures are going home with me. It was a little embarrassing though..

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Reefer- see, that's why you gotta do the old "Okie Doke." You give that employee a distraction. I've done this a few times at Wal-mart. I would ask the night stockperson where something was, making sure it was on the other side of the department, and while they were showing me, my buddy would rummage through the backstock and dig out what was needed. Lame, yes, helpful, very!

I scored Cable and Juggernaut today at TRU. I called them and had them hold it. When I got there, i picked them up and was walking back to the pegs to see if they had anymore when i came across an employee talking to an older, small woman looking for Jugger. He's like, "ah, here is the guy who called up" and i said, "yeah, got'em!" and i held up the Jugger and the woman tried to snatch it out of my hands. I pulled him back and said, "uh, nu uh!" and she said, "oh, you not put back?" and i said, "oh, no, me purchase" and then she scampered off. Funny thing was, ya know those storage things that are placed on top of the pegs, ya know, they have that door that opens upwards, i looked up and saw a UPC that said, "Juggernaut", so i opened it up and bam, another one. So, i got a Juggernaut for myself and another Juggeraut and Cable for my buddy in teh Navy. The employee said they had a regular Phoenix and Deadpool in each of the two cases they unloaded this morning, but they were gone within minutes. Oh well, the hunt goes on! :D

evenflow
08-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah i saw ML at one TRU i went to today, they had 2 Movie Punishers, 1 Wolverine, 1 Cable, and 1 Juggernaut.

Reefer Shark
08-14-2004, 04:16 PM
I picked up a Fantastic Four box set at TRU today. There were three there, so I'm guessing that the missing 4th was the one per case variant (if they are packed four to a case, that is).

The set is great. I opened it up, and looking at it now I definitely feel it's worth the $40. Sue Richards body is much improved over the Elektra sculpt. Her hips work, and look way better. Although I do wish they would've used a more updated body for Johnny Storm.

I also saw the Sinister Six boxset the other day, and that looks great too (except Venom, he looks like crap). Only reason I didn't buy the one I saw was because some of the parts seemed kinda warped (Electros mask, Green Goblins goggles, etc...). I'll definitely buy one when I find a nice set.

RooJay
08-14-2004, 10:20 PM
I picked up a Fantastic Four box set at TRU today. There were three there, so I'm guessing that the missing 4th was the one per case variant (if they are packed four to a case, that is).

Huh? One per case variant?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Reefer Shark
08-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Yeah... there's a variant boxed set. Ah well, hopefully it won't be too hard to get.

There's two variant figures in the set = a clear Invisible Woman, and a translucent red Human Torch. There's some fairly decent pics in this ebay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16472&item=5914909201&rd=1).

plasticfetish
08-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Wow! I had no idea that there was a transparent Human Torch in that variant set. That's really gonna make me hunt for that one even more.

What a great set that is for $40 also.

Reefer Shark
08-16-2004, 01:08 PM
For my friend Reefer Shark:

What I would've done in that situation was immediately (and calmly) demand the district manager's phone number. There is no way you should've been denied the right to purchase merchandise from that store. It's what they are in business for; whether or not you were only going to buy "the good ones" and regardless of the fact that they hadn't been put on the pegs yet. That, my friend, is the very definition of ludicrous. You should never have stood for it, and I highly recommend that you call that store now (even after the fact) for the district manager's contact information and lodge your complaint anyway. Having spent much time in the retail industry I can guarantee that you will get results and should never have to experience that kind of treatment in that store again. In fact, I'm begging you to do just that.
I wrote the TRU district office a complaint about my experience. They sent me this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Toys “R” Us regarding your experience at the Los
Feliz, California store. Your feedback is important to us and we
appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule to let us hear from
you. The “R” Us Family strives to offer you a level of service and
convenience that delights you and invites you to return and we are very
disappointed when we learn we have fallen short of our goal.

As a collector, you are a large part of our business, and we thank you for
that! With that said, we do not discriminate against collectors; however,
we do reserve the right to limit quantities purchased, and refuse returns
based on our refund policy.

On behalf of Toys “R” Us, please accept my sincere apologies for the
difficulties you encountered trying to purchase specific collectible
items.. It is never our intent to turn a service we offer into a negative
experience for you. Be assured, your comments have been forwarded to our
senior management, and they will speak with your local store staff to
ensure your concerns are addressed and handled appropriately.

Thank you, once again, for contacting the “R” Us Family.

Sincerely,

"R" Us Corporate Guest Services Team"
Well, I guess it's better than nothing. At least they replied to me. Hopefully they'll actually bring this up with the store and something good comes of all this.

evenflow
08-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Well at least they got back to you.

As for the box sets, I picked them both up this weekend. They are pretty cool. Black Cat looks terrible though.

The chase FF box set will probably really tough. You figure the stores wont be getting many cases of the box sets. I want the clear Sue, but probably will not be getting her.

gsr-jedi
08-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Well at least they got back to you.

As for the box sets, I picked them both up this weekend. They are pretty cool. Black Cat looks terrible though.

The chase FF box set will probably really tough. You figure the stores wont be getting many cases of the box sets. I want the clear Sue, but probably will not be getting her.

I know, I don't know if I wanna pay $40 for her and Franklin. Though I do also like that Torch. That's too bad about the Black Cat, I'd like to pick up that set also.

Reefer Shark
08-17-2004, 09:34 PM
I picked up a new Spider Man Classics Lizard figure today at TRU. It's a great figure, miles ahead of the previous SMC Lizard. The only thing that detracts from it is a big knob that sticks out of his side (you twist it for "tail swinging action").

I also saw another Sinister Six set, but had to pass due to the LOTR stuff in my hands.

RooJay
08-18-2004, 12:16 AM
I wrote the TRU district office a complaint about my experience. They sent me this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Toys “R” Us regarding your experience at the Los
Feliz, California store. Your feedback is important to us and we
appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule to let us hear from
you. The “R” Us Family strives to offer you a level of service and
convenience that delights you and invites you to return and we are very
disappointed when we learn we have fallen short of our goal.

As a collector, you are a large part of our business, and we thank you for
that! With that said, we do not discriminate against collectors; however,
we do reserve the right to limit quantities purchased, and refuse returns
based on our refund policy.

On behalf of Toys “R” Us, please accept my sincere apologies for the
difficulties you encountered trying to purchase specific collectible
items.. It is never our intent to turn a service we offer into a negative
experience for you. Be assured, your comments have been forwarded to our
senior management, and they will speak with your local store staff to
ensure your concerns are addressed and handled appropriately.

Thank you, once again, for contacting the “R” Us Family.

Sincerely,

"R" Us Corporate Guest Services Team"
Well, I guess it's better than nothing. At least they replied to me. Hopefully they'll actually bring this up with the store and something good comes of all this.

Dude! I said call, not write. Trust me man, I spent eleven years in retail management - to get results you have to actually call The Man. Otherwise either his assistant or the corporate customer service department are the only ones who are going to read it and all you get is a form letter like this. If you talk to the man himself first of all he's going to be upset that he's got to take time out of his day to handle something that should've been taken care of by the store manager (and he will handle it - the buck always stops at district level - otherwise someone's getting fired!). Secondly, he's going to bend over backwards to do whatever it takes to make you happy and keep your business. This is the only way things will ever get back to that employee who done you wrong. If the issue never makes it past the DMs assistant the only thing that happens is you get yourself a nice little form letter as a souvenir. I guarantee you that 99% of the time no one else hears anything about the matter.
You've still got a chance to make sure the message gets through. Call the DM and let him know that you're thankful for the response, but that you're not really confident that the issue has been resolved. Do that and not only will you never have problems at that store, but you'll have won one for all the rest of us!

Getting back on topic, I've noticed that my nearest TRU has reset their action figure section and there seems to be no space for Marvel Legends. They had not a single ML figure anywhere in the store and didn't even have any pegs for the line.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-19-2004, 04:04 PM
So, i decided to spend my only day off till next thur to go out and look for toys. I get to TRU about 10:00 am and inquire about some ML figs. The guy tells me that they are unloading a truck and it should be done by noon or so. So, i hit a few more stores and make my way back to TRU and walk around for a good 40 min. Yeah, i was bored. I finally inquire to a guy in the back and he pulls out a case and pops it open and to my delight, i snagged the Phoenix (green) and Deadpool!!!! WAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :crazed:

Words cannot fathom how incredibly giddy i was to snag these two figs. Now only comes the fun part of finding that damned Red Chase Phoenix figure! Still, these figures are very awesome!! I also stumbled across some old wave 2 Hulk Classics figures at a Wal-mart?!? Go figure!! :D

evenflow
08-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Nice find, goo dluck with Dark Phoenix I know you will need it because I need some luck myself.

arctangent
08-27-2004, 06:53 AM
adrian at action-figure.com organised a small toy event at twisted toys in bristol and they had some of the marvel legends 7 line up (with the notable exception of hawkeye). the ghost rider and iron man both look fantastic.

anyone interested go to: www.action-figure.com/Article12675.html and take a look.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-28-2004, 03:38 PM
I spotted the FF4 boxset yesterday after work (no clear variants, sorry) and i'll say that i was VERY VERY disappointed when seeing this thing. The paint on Invisible Woman was HORRID and Reed looks beyond ridiculous. Doom looks like a poorly created rehash. The only high points were The Thing and Human Torch who look fairly decent. Shame, really.

Anyway, thanks to a magical person on e-bay, i now have my Dark Phoenix. Lemme tell you this thing is a beaut!! :crazed: I'm glad i have her now as i'm returning to college on Sunday and the only place within 45 miles is a Wal-Mart and lord knows when/if they'll ever get ML 6. Good luck to y'all finding this figure! cheers!! :D

Rocketboy
08-28-2004, 11:30 PM
I finally found series 7 the other day at TRU, but they only had the new Wolverine, Cable, and The Punisher (movie). I picked up Wolvie and the Punisher. Wolvie is pretty cool, except for the claws. Is it really that hard to make them study? And with the exception of the crossed eyes, The Punisher isn't as bad as it looks in the package and looks much better IMO with the coat off. Just need to find Deadpool and a Dark Pheonix...

They've had the F4 and Spidey box sets for a while (no variants though). I agree the F4 does look pretty sloppy.

SithDroid
08-28-2004, 11:58 PM
I picked up most of series six about a week ago. Deadpool and Phoenix were gone and I swear that my Toys R Us only gets in like one case and that's it. And you seriously have to get them the day they are put on the shelf or they are gone. I went back the next day and everything was gone and there wasn't much to begin with, which upsets me. And Target and Wal-mart don't carry anything new here hardly at all either. It is nearly impossible to get anything new be it Star Wars or Marvel Legends. I haven't seen any new star wars figures since January until recently I saw the new OTC Vintage Figures and Vehicles at TRU, so at least they are getting those in, but they had hardly any, like maybe one case out. And as for Marvel Legends, I was in New York about 3 weeks ago and I went to the Toys R Us in Times Square and they had tons of series six and plenty of everyone except Phoenix which must have went pretty quick. I should have at least snagged Deadpool while I was there, but I thought I would be able to find him here. Oh well. I guess I will just have to keep looking for him and prey and maybe if I am lucky I will get a Phoenix though I doubt it since there are so many toy scalpers who come buy up all the chase figures and sell them on ebay or to specialty store shere in town so no one who wants them can actually get them.

Rocketboy
08-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Oh well. I guess I will just have to keep looking for him and prey and maybe if I am lucky I will get a Phoenix though I doubt it since there are so many toy scalpers who come buy up all the chase figures and sell them on ebay or to specialty store shere in town so no one who wants them can actually get them.I know that was an accidental typo, but I found it really funny. A toy collectors version of a Freudian slip?

Reefer Shark
08-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah, speaking of Pheonix - I ws at our local scapler joint yesterday (frank-n-sons). They were selling the regular version for $30 (jeez, what a deal :rolleyes: ).

Someone had bought one and accidentally left on the counter of a Hot Wheels booth. I picked it up and checked it out for a second, then gave it to the booth guy and said "hey, someone left this here". He went "tsk" and grabbed it, and put it behind his counter.

I imagine the Hot Wheels guy just got a free Pheonix, and I feel bad for the person that paid $30 for it and now has nothing :ermm: Ah well, I guess that's the way it goes sometimes....

LTBasker
08-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Well I found DeadPool, Juggernaut, Wolvies and Punishers at one Wal-Mart, but no Phoenix. I guess someone grabbed her and left DeadPool and Juggy behind. They were both on the bottom of a stack that looked like someone planned on buying. Maybe they skipped the rest and just took her?

QLD
08-30-2004, 02:16 AM
I have managed to track down Juggernaut, Movie Puisher, Brown WOlverine, Cable, and Phoenix.

Still haven't found Deadpool or the Sinister Six boxset.

I did buy the Black costume Spider Man. It is pretty darn sweet.

Also, oddly enough, I finally got the Fantastic Four boxset tonight at Wally World, but when I got home, I noticed my Reed Richards is missing the 4 logo from his chest.

I guess I'll sell the error on E-Bay, and buy another one tomorrow. I want the damn 4!

evenflow
08-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Went to TRU today and saw a bunch of the Sinister 6 box set and Movie Punishers. That was it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-03-2004, 06:09 PM
This might've been posted, but somebody at LOTRG said this is the lineup for ML 9.

Nightcrawler
-Deathlok
-1st apprearance Grey Hulk
-Dr. Strange
-War Machine
-Bullseye
-Professor X

I hope this pans out as i would LOVE a Grey Hulk if he's different from the ML 1 figure. Would also LOVE a Nightcrawler, Bullseye and Prof x. C'mon Toybiz!

Also, incrediblehulk.com has a "petition" to get the probable Maestro figure from the canceled Hulk line released in the ML. though this'll probably happen anyway, still hope TB takes notice of the petition (they won't) and get it out sooner. cheers!

jjreason
09-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Found Juggernaut, New Punisher, Phoenix (green), Wolverine and Cable today. Damn, Juggernaut is one HUGE figure.

QLD
09-04-2004, 01:19 AM
I stumbled across 2 unopened cases of Marvel Legends VI at TRU yesterday. I picked up both Deadpool and Phoenix (one for me, one for a friend). Also found the Sinister 6 box set, and Black Costume Spidey, as well as Ultimate Rhino.

I love the Electro figure!

evenflow
09-06-2004, 08:29 AM
This might've been posted, but somebody at LOTRG said this is the lineup for ML 9.

Nightcrawler
-Deathlok
-1st apprearance Grey Hulk
-Dr. Strange
-War Machine
-Bullseye
-Professor X

I hope this pans out as i would LOVE a Grey Hulk if he's different from the ML 1 figure. Would also LOVE a Nightcrawler, Bullseye and Prof x. C'mon Toybiz!

Also, incrediblehulk.com has a "petition" to get the probable Maestro figure from the canceled Hulk line released in the ML. though this'll probably happen anyway, still hope TB takes notice of the petition (they won't) and get it out sooner. cheers!

Yeah that seems to be the rumored line up. Not a bad one, no Wolverines :) I am hoping that Prof. X gets a hoverchair and not just a regular wheel chair. Also hoping that he is removable from the chair. I hope War Machine is pretty much a new sculpt and with removable face plate to reveal the guy underneath, i can't remember his name.

Deathlok is cool, and am really looking forward to it, and i hope this leads to more secondary characters like Sleep Walker, Dark Hawk, and especially Moon Knight.

Reefer Shark
09-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Sounds like a pretty decent lineup. Only two x-characters this time, thats good. I could do without Prof X though, the two movie figures work just fine, and look great with all the other ML figures.

I agree with evenflow, hopefully they'll give him a hoverchair since we already have two different wheelchairs. Although knowing ToyBiz, it'll be a wheelchair with an imposible to find hoverchair variant. :rolleyes:

Dr. Strange and Deathlok are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

I bet there will be an "Astral Form" Dr Strange variant (either clear plastic, or white w/blue).

plasticfetish
09-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Dr. Strange is gonna be nice. Looked great at Comic-Con, but they didn't have any kind of variant version out -- an Astral clear plastic version would be really cool.

I stumbled across 2 unopened cases of Marvel Legends VI at TRU yesterday.I never find cases of these sitting out -- and then at Wal-Mart yesterday they had 3 series V cases sitting out, opened and missing only one figure from one of the cases. Arrrg! Gee, I wonder what that was? :rolleyes:

Damn, Juggernaut is one HUGE figure.I found one at my local comic shop the other day (but passed on it because the paint was weird) and yeah, that thing's a monster. Gotta be one of, if not THE, heaviest one of these figures yet.

SithDroid
09-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Yeah Juggernaut is huge. Almost too big. Is he supposed to be bigger than The Hulk and The Thing? If not then they should have made Hulk and Thing much larger, but oh well, he is one cool looking figure and he is heavy. I am still looking for Deadpool, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and Brown Variant Cable. I doubt I will find them here since scalpers suck. It looks like I will just have to get them off of ebay. Also does anyone know if they re-released the Wolverine Unmasked version with this set as an exclusive? I thought I saw one on ebay that said series six.

Beast
09-06-2004, 04:39 PM
From what I understand, the Xavier will be the yellow shiar hoverchair version. But I wouldn't rule out a regular wheelchair version as the variant. Here's a look at the preview poster for wave 9. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
09-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Also does anyone know if they re-released the Wolverine Unmasked version with this set as an exclusive? I thought I saw one on ebay that said series six.

Yeah Unmasked Wolvie was released in ML6 as a chase but I'm not sure if it's been shipped to the US yet. They are going to do the same with Goliath in ML7.

RooJay
09-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Yeah that seems to be the rumored line up. Not a bad one, no Wolverines :) I am hoping that Prof. X gets a hoverchair and not just a regular wheel chair. Also hoping that he is removable from the chair. I hope War Machine is pretty much a new sculpt and with removable face plate to reveal the guy underneath, i can't remember his name.

That'd be James Rhodes. I'd be upset if we didn't get to see him under the mask. Also, I do believe that one constitutes yet another version of Iron Man. He should be running just behind Wolvie by now for sheer number of variants - regular, original gold with pointy mask, stealth, silver centurion, the upcoming modern version and now War Machine! Yeesh!

Deathlok is cool, and am really looking forward to it, and i hope this leads to more secondary characters like Sleep Walker, Dark Hawk, and especially Moon Knight.

I agree that it'd be cool to get guys like Sleepwalker and Darkhawk as well, but I don't really think they constitute Marvel Legends! ;) I wouldn't call them secondary characters either - definitely third stringers all the way. Moon Knight on the other hand is a definite must! I doubt it'll be long before we get him.

I also don't think we really need a grey Hulk so soon at all. I mean, aren't there already enough Hulk figures still on the shelves? Wouldn't it be so much better if we got someone like...She-Hulk intead? Maybe even Warbird, or Loki, Ultron, Thanos, Scarlet Witch, or Quicksilver. How about even Black Bolt, Kang, Power Man and or Iron Fist, Hercules, Klaw, Captain Britain, Havok, Wonder Man, Mystique, the Leader, Adam Warlock, The Mandarin, Mysterio, Quasar, Super Skrull, or Yellow Jacket. I'd buy any one of these before I'd plunk down for another Hulk - not that I wouldn't want to see him made eventually anyway. And for goodness sake, how long do I have to wait to get a ML Captain Mar-Vell figure?!

El Chuxter
09-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Mock not the Sleepwalker. :mad: Best Marvel character ever!!

"And this from the guy who says Hush is Jason?"

Ha! Beat you to it, RooJay. :crazed:

evenflow
09-08-2004, 11:29 AM
I would have much rather gotten Adam Warlock and Thanos over Grey Hulk but what can you do. I still have faith.

RooJay
09-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Mock not the Sleepwalker. :mad: Best Marvel character ever!!

"And this from the guy who says Hush is Jason?"

Ha! Beat you to it, RooJay. :crazed:

I'll have you know that I own and have enjoyed every single issue of Marvel's original Sleepwalker series. I ain't sayin' he ain't cool, all I'm sayin' is if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... ;)

LTBasker
09-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Don't bring Howard the Duck into this! :eek:

evenflow
09-13-2004, 01:51 PM
There is an updated picture that shows the Premier Green Hulk.

RooJay
09-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Okay, well where? Did you mean to say "Grey" Hulk?

Beast
09-13-2004, 11:42 PM
He means this bigger version of the poster. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/MarvelLegendsBig.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
09-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Yep, thats what I meant, both hulks are pictured.

SithDroid
09-22-2004, 10:45 PM
Well I hit the motherload yesterday at Super Wal-Mart. I went in to snag up the Star Wars Trilogy Action Figure 3 packs and they had just put out an entire endcap of Marvel Legends figures, kind of in these box like displays. They were mainly series 4 and 5, but I figured I would look through and in each box they had one of the Exclusives from the earlier waves. I got a series 2 Dr. Doom Doombot variant, a series 4 Goliath, and a series 5 Red Skull chase. And to top it off they also had an X-Men Series Cyclops. There was one figure missing from the boxed sets, and I think it might have been a series 3 Wolverine unmasked. If only I had arrived sooner, but it was still a great find especially since those series have been out for quite some time now, especially series 2. Now if only I can get my hands on the series 6 variants and chases, then I will have almost every one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-22-2004, 10:54 PM
I skipped into my comic book shop today and what did I see? Marvel Legends wave 7. Apocalypse and War Machine had already been sold, but i did put a Weapon X on hold for me. Hawkeye looks pretty good and the ghost Rider is pretty meh. I don't care much for this wave aside from Weapon X and Apocalypse. HH! :D

LTBasker
09-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Apparently Apocolypse, Hawkeye and Vision are all going to be one per case. Gee I haven't been this happy since I found out that all the good figures in Spider-Man classics were also only one per case. :p

SithDroid
09-23-2004, 10:39 PM
I was thinking of a cool boxed set that they should do since they just did the Fantastic Four. They should do a Classic X-Men boxed set with the Original Team in their original costumes. Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman (as more of a snowman like the original comic), Beast (non-furry and in uniform), Angel, Professor X, and Magneto and the Comic pack in could be a reprint of Uncanny X-Men 1.

On a different note, is there anyone who has an updated list of series 7 and 8, with variants, and if possible what the ratio per case will be? I can never seem to find a website that can tell me specifically. And if anyone knows of a good website to go for the Marvel Legends updates, could you please post it. Thanks.

Rocketboy
09-24-2004, 10:34 PM
I was thinking of a cool boxed set that they should do since they just did the Fantastic Four. They should do a Classic X-Men boxed set with the Original Team in their original costumes. Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman (as more of a snowman like the original comic), Beast (non-furry and in uniform), Angel, Professor X, and Magneto and the Comic pack in could be a reprint of Uncanny X-Men 1.I thought about that before too, but I'd just make it just the 5 X-Men.

LTBasker
09-25-2004, 12:40 AM
On a different note, is there anyone who has an updated list of series 7 and 8, with variants, and if possible what the ratio per case will be?

ML7:
Apocalypse (1 per case)
Hawkeye (1 per case)
Vision (1 per case)
Ghost Rider (3 per case)
Silver Centurion Iron-Man (3 per case)
Weapon X Wolverine (3 per case)

Chases:
Goliath Rerelease
Phasing (translucent plastic) Vision
Ghost Rider repaint

ML8:
Iceman
Storm
Doc Ock
Ultimate Captain America
Ultimate Iron-Man
Man Thing

Known variants:
Storm with mohawk.

No clue on chases yet, and that line-up could change a bit.

I really wish I could slap the ToyBiz execs, I decided awhile ago the only figures I were interested in from ML7 were Apocalypse and maybe Hawkeye and Vision. I think it's pretty stupid to give 3 per case to ANOTHER Wolverine instead of putting Apoc at 2 considering his fame.

evenflow
09-25-2004, 11:01 AM
ML7:
Apocalypse (1 per case)
Hawkeye (1 per case)
Vision (1 per case)
Ghost Rider (3 per case)
Silver Centurion Iron-Man (3 per case)
Weapon X Wolverine (3 per case)

Chases:
Goliath Rerelease
Phasing (translucent plastic) Vision
Ghost Rider repaint

ML8:
Iceman
Storm
Doc Ock
Ultimate Captain America
Ultimate Iron-Man
Man Thing
Black Widow

Known variants:
Storm with mohawk.

No clue on chases yet, and that line-up could change a bit.

I really wish I could slap the ToyBiz execs, I decided awhile ago the only figures I were interested in from ML7 were Apocalypse and maybe Hawkeye and Vision. I think it's pretty stupid to give 3 per case to ANOTHER Wolverine instead of putting Apoc at 2 considering his fame.

I added B lack Widow to the list, I think she is supposed to be in there too.

Reefer Shark
09-25-2004, 01:26 PM
I really wish I could slap the ToyBiz execs, I decided awhile ago the only figures I were interested in from ML7 were Apocalypse and maybe Hawkeye and Vision. I think it's pretty stupid to give 3 per case to ANOTHER Wolverine instead of putting Apoc at 2 considering his fame.I'd like to kick 'em in the pants after you've slapped them. Reports of ML7 showing up, and I still haven't even seen a Deadpool or Phoenix..... and forget about the chase figures that ToyBiz told us would be easier to get :rolleyes: .

Seriously makes me want to drop the line, collecting is supposed to be a fun hobby. Trying to get a complete set is like pulling teeth.

I just don't understand ToyBiz's logic with their packout ratios.... :confused:

LTBasker
09-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Storm really better not be shortpacked, if she is I'll probably quit the line. I could easily see her being shortpacked though..it's just like Phoenix. They both have regular versions and a variant.

RooJay
09-27-2004, 01:09 PM
I swear to you folks that there's no need to worry about packing ratios and whether or not you'll be able to find the figures you want. Since the line began, ToyBiz has always short packed certain figures only to release them in quantity shortly after. Even the chase figures - Doombots, Giant Man, unmasked Wolvie, they've all come back in, if not massive quantities, then in much higher quantities than before. I have never been unable to find any ML figure I have actually wanted, and the only ones I've never felt I needed were the crappier chase figures. None of the regular figures have ever been so rare in the long run that they're impossible to find.

Reefer Shark
09-27-2004, 03:33 PM
I never found a Goliath, Stealth Iron Man, Gold Iron Man, or Trenchcoat Thing at retail, had to pay "collector" prices for those ones.

I would still love to have a maskless wolvie too, but the cheapest I've seen that one go for was $45. Although he is apparently shipping in the ML6 cases so I suppose I still have a slight chance of getting one.

evenflow
09-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Well I have never found any chase figure at retail so i don't know what you guys are saying. I even worked at KB for a while and still never saw any. I wish Toy biz would at least evenly pack the cases for the regular figures.

LTBasker
09-29-2004, 12:32 PM
I swear to you folks that there's no need to worry about packing ratios and whether or not you'll be able to find the figures you want.

Even though I'm not really searching for them all that much, I have never seen any of the chases except for torn shirt Hulk. The thing is though, that if the pegs were able to be filled with ML6 and/or 7, it would make things easier. But around here, the pegs are filled to the end with Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, or Beast and Punisher. The Targets always look like they never even got a single ML5 figure stocked because of the pegwarmers.

Hellboy
09-29-2004, 02:18 PM
But around here, the pegs are filled to the end with Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, or Beast and Punisher. The Targets always look like they never even got a single ML5 figure stocked because of the pegwarmers.

I have the same problem in my local stores. Luckily one of my Canadian friends has filled some of the holes in my collection for me. :cool:

Rocketboy
10-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Don't remember this being posted, but here is a link to the pic of the new Marvel mini-mates
http://www.thepunisher.com/past_news/october_2004/mini-1.jpg

MARVEL MINIMATES SERIES 8 & 9
A Diamond Select Release! DST and the inmates at Art Asylum bring forth two more waves of mini Marvel fun!

Marvel Minimates Series 8 will include the following two packs:
Mr. Fantastic & Human Torch
Wolverine & The Thing
Invisible Woman & The Thing.
(The Series 8 Specialty Market Exclusive chase set will be Clear Invisible Woman & The Thing!)

Marvel Minimates Series 9 will include:
Blade & The Punisher
Wolverine as “Patch” & Lady Deathstrik
New X-Men Cyclops & Emma Frost.
(The Series 9 Specialty Market Exclusive chase set will be Diamond Emma Frost & Cyclops)

In stores March 2005.
Two-Pack $6.99Ea.

12inch Lando
11-02-2004, 05:25 AM
I don't get it. I'm finding a ton of freshly stocked series 2 ML figs at Wal-Marts in the Atlanta area. I picked up a series 2 Hulk (?) with torn shirt. I thought Hulk was part of series 1 and that series 2 was Thing, Namor, Torch, and Doom. Am I missing somthing here?

SithDroid
11-02-2004, 09:07 AM
I don't get it. I'm finding a ton of freshly stocked series 2 ML figs at Wal-Marts in the Atlanta area. I picked up a series 2 Hulk (?) with torn shirt. I thought Hulk was part of series 1 and that series 2 was Thing, Namor, Torch, and Doom. Am I missing somthing here?

Hulk was in Series One, but the variant of Hulk with the ripped shirt was sent out in Series Two. I would try looking for the Dr. Doom Doombot Variant or the Thing Trenchcoat variant if I were you if you are finding series Two figures. Now if only my stupid TRU will get in series 7. I swear they don't have anything in stock ever anymore.

12inch Lando
11-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Thanks Sithdroid. I didn't know about the Hulk variant and Toybiz certainlly doesn't show it on their website. In my opinion this varient is the better version. I really couldn't stand the original "Lurch" Hulk. My wife found the remnants of series seven (Weapon X Wolverine, Iron Man, and Ghost Rider) at a local TRU last week. All other TRUs have been cleaned out.

SithDroid
11-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah the Toybiz website never shows the variants or the chase figures. The best place to find out that info is on a collector site. Someone usually knows that information.

evenflow
11-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Yeah I have been looking for a Doombot, Trench Coat Thing, and Goliath but without any luck. I have seen more than enough of series 1 and 2, Hulk with torn shirt included.

Hellboy
11-02-2004, 06:12 PM
I've noticed series 2 showing up at my Wal-Mart as well. Kinda strange and frustrating too considering how hard it is to find anything from the newer waves. My local TRU has a few series 7 leftovers but none of the one per case guys. The majority of the pegs are full of that god awful movie Punisher. :p

Reefer Shark
11-02-2004, 09:36 PM
It's been the same around here for a long time just Beast, brown wolvie, and both Punishers. I did find a WeaponX wolvie the other day at TRU though. Cool little figure IMO, he actually has decent accessories and fairly stiff claws for once.

You get a decent range of display options with this guy :cool:

plasticfetish
11-09-2004, 01:57 AM
On the Spiderman front, I found a "tail attack lizard" at Wal*Mart tonight. Aside from the lame-ish, oddly placed button on his side, it's a fun toy. The detail and articulation are cool, and the gimmick itself is actually pretty fun -- I just wish they could have been a bit more clever about where they put the button.

-----

Found ML Phoenix (green) at K-Mart the other day. Very nice! It's the first time I've seen her. (Haven't opened it yet, not sure what I'm waiting for.)

gsr-jedi
11-09-2004, 08:30 AM
The other day, I found a Sinister Six set, Dark Phoenix, and Brown Cable. Had to throw them on lawaway, since my check hadn't cleared yet. I can't wait to free them from their Wal-Mart prison.

Reefer Shark
11-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Nice scores guys! I've been hunting for the Scorpion lately, and I think I would crap myself if I found a Dark Pheonix and Brown Cable at retail....

evenflow
11-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah I am still hunting for a Dark Phoenix, and now Scorpion which totally rocks. I need to find him soon.

evenflow
11-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Well there is a new rumor that Series 9 will include parts to build Galactus. I am not golding my breath, but sure am hoping for it.

Reefer Shark
11-23-2004, 10:28 PM
That could be cool. Although if it happens, I bet it will be fairly small.

I would prefer a huge rotocast Galactus, they could do one around the same size as that big spider-man toy they have at Wal-Mart for $29.99.

LTBasker
11-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey all, just found one Scorpian at Wal-Mart tonight. Man this figure looks totally cool, they actually made a decent paint job! The figure is huge too... I mean Spider-Man's feet next to Scorpian look like kid's shoes compared to men's.

Even the action feature doesn't bother me, I really don't know if it works well because I'm leaving it carded but I love the fact the feature is isolated to the tip of the tail. The rest of the tail has been made bendable! Woohoo!

Of course the usual downside is that while it was nice to see Scorpian on the pegs, it was depressing to know that I'll have to stare at that whole case worth of 11 new Spider-Men for awhile. Granted Spider-Man figures have been selling eventually (except Spidey 2 figs) it takes awhile for them to go away. Since they're generic Spidey figures though (except one which has some spinning projectile things) hopefully they'll sell fast. As far as I could tell (didn't really look very much since there were pushy people RIGHT next to me checking out every "The Batman" figure) the two generic Spideys looked pretty decent.

I feel so pathetic though... we were heading to the toy aisle but got blocked off by people who had to stop in the middle of the path to flap their jaws and I saw the SMC. Just barely I could make out the green blob with the red mailbox and I just made a mad dash to it. :nerv:

Of course...since it's 1 per case...it HAD to have bad bubble damage in one corner. Crimey. :mad:

evenflow
11-25-2004, 11:59 AM
It sounds like Galactus is confirmed. People are saying it is mentioned in the new Previews.

LTBasker
11-25-2004, 11:23 PM
I wish they would just do an 18" line...

as I've said before:
Galactus (with battle damaged Silver Surfer maybe?)
Apocalypse (with Jean Grey as she was on the series - saw an episode recently where Apoc. grew to 100+ feet)
Goliath (with 6" Wasp)
Sentinel (with splattered Morph base?)

Beast
11-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Yep, confirmed in the new Previews.

Marvel Legends IX: The Galactus Series

The second series of Marvel Legends series is going to have fans hunting for figures like never before! Each package includes a poseable incredibly detailed 6" version of a Marvel Legend and a character-dedicated comic or poster book. In addition each figure in this series contains a piece of Galactus, the gargantuan archenemy of the Fantastic Four! Grab every figure in the series and build a mammoth 16" version of the infamous cosmic threat! This series is schedueled to include: First Apperance Grey Hulk, First Apperance Green Hulk (variant), Nightcrawler, Deathlock, Doctor Strange, War Machine, Bullseye, Bullseye (variant), and Profssor X. Blister card packaging.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
11-27-2004, 01:30 AM
Wow. The Galactus idea is a cool one... be nice to see what it'll look like. It's also cool that for once I'd probably pick up all of these (not really into Deathlock though, but WTH.)

jjreason
11-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Not my favorite character either, but I must admit he has a lot of "toy potential", if there is such a thing.

LTBasker
11-27-2004, 03:54 AM
A 16" bonus figure sounds cool and all...for them. Do they really expect people to buy every figure in the line just to complete this? They have another thing coming unless they don't put unique or mandatory pieces in with the variants, chases or shortpacks. Considering that you can't even find ML6 in this fiasco with ML7 and ML8 supposedly shipping...I think it's fubar for them to do such a gimmick.

Hopefully it will be something like this though..

First Apperance Grey Hulk - Head
First Apperance Green Hulk (variant) - Battle damaged head
Nightcrawler - Upper torso
Deathlock - Arms
Doctor Strange - Mid-waist
War Machine - Leg
Bullseye - Leg
Bullseye (variant) - Battle Damaged leg
Professor X - Nothing or an optional base due to being shortpacked.

Since theres 7 normal figures in the series, they SHOULD NOT do any BS with this after this jam with ML6/7/8. They only need 6 of the figures to come with parts so there is no need for the chase, variant or shortpacked to come with something vital.

jjreason
11-27-2004, 04:13 AM
I agree 100%. I hadn't even given thought to the fact that they might expect us to find all of the variants to get Galactus put together. I don't chase the variants from this line, that would upset me to no end. Having Prof. X shortpacked is bad enough - he's the figure I want the most from this wave.

Beast
11-27-2004, 02:27 PM
From what I'm reading elsewhere, the cases will for the first time feature an even pack-out ratio. Toy Biz by including the sentinel pieces have managed to more or less force retailers to accept an even pack out ratio. And the variants are supposed to include the corresponding piece to the regular version. Here's hoping that the Bullseye Variant is the movie version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
11-27-2004, 04:07 PM
According to CornerStoreComics.com, Xavier is expected to be shortpacked. But I guess expected to be and actually confirmed to be are much different. Here's hoping...if they are evenly packed out, I may actually buy a case. That's one reason why I haven't bought a case of 6, 7 or 8 because what to do with the majority of extras?

I dunno if the variant Bullseye could be Colin Farrel's Bullseye, that'd be a completely new figure than just a variant... It would be sweet, but extreme.

RooJay
11-29-2004, 05:44 PM
My only concern is that Galactus won't be nearly as poseable as your standard ML figure. I think I'd find that rather frustrating.

Anyone out there finding Hawkeye and/or Vision in decent quantities? I'm dying to get my hands on both.

LTBasker
11-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Are you kidding? I haven't even seen ML6 for a third time. Of course anywhere online that has a decent price is always sold out...

Good news though...Storm and Iceman are being packed at 2 per case in ratios currently shipping in Singapore. Though Doc Ock, Man-Thing and Black Widow are shortpacked. It's:
3 Captain America
2 Ironman
2 Iceman
2 Storm
1 Doc Ock
1 Black Widow
1 Man-Thing

Ya know...if they'd keep it at 6 figures per line and the ratio at 2 per case, we'd be fine and dandy wouldn't we!

Reefer Shark
11-29-2004, 07:52 PM
My only concern is that Galactus won't be nearly as poseable as your standard ML figure. I think I'd find that rather frustrating.
That's one of things I was afraid of along with the size issue. 16 inches is pretty big, but it's not Galactus big.

Anyone out there finding Hawkeye and/or Vision in decent quantities? I'm dying to get my hands on both.
Nope.... only ML7 I've seen at regular retail has been tons of WeaponX Wolverine, and one Iron Man. Got lucky and scored Apocalypse for $10 at a comic shop though.

Hell, I'm still waiting to find Pheonix and Deadpool from ML6... I guess I got extremely lucky when I found a Juggernaut as I haven't seen him since. :dead:

Where's our Marvel Legends ToyBiz? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rocketboy
11-29-2004, 09:21 PM
That's one of things I was afraid of along with the size issue. 16 inches is pretty big, but it's not Galactus big.Would he have to be at least 10-12 feet to be in scale with the rest of the figures?
Now that would be a figure!

Reefer Shark
11-29-2004, 10:54 PM
LOL!

Yeah.... I guess so if your talking true scale. The old planet eater would actually probably be even bigger than that!

It's just that to me, a 16" Galactus would be about as underscaled as Hasbro's recently released Sandcrawler. Bah! Puny 'crawler.

Rocketboy
11-29-2004, 11:28 PM
LOL!

Yeah.... I guess so if your talking true scale. Heck, imagine trying to build it piece by piece!
"I bought the series 88 Wolverine (Pajamas) and got the big toe of Galactus! Only 37 more pieces to go!"

RooJay
11-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Actually, even though he's often shown as being much bigger in recent comics, Galactus is listed in most sources as normally being only 28 feet 9 inches though his height is variable. He actually appeared to be about that size in his first appearance. That makes the upcoming figure not really that far off in scale.

plasticfetish
11-30-2004, 02:00 AM
Where's our Marvel Legends ToyBiz? :confused: :confused: :confused:Though I kind of think it's been a fluke, I've been finding them at K-Mart of all places. I scored a Green Pheonix, the "brown" Cable, and a maskless Wolverine the other day. (Come to think of it, I got Phoenix at Wal*Mart.)

I've yet to see Vision or Hawkeye, but the others have been all over the place.

El Chuxter
11-30-2004, 12:03 PM
bigbadtoystore.com had Weapon X, Ghost Rider 2, and Iron Man 17 for $4.88 each. :eek: That's the only place I've seen any Series VII.

Rocketboy
11-30-2004, 02:47 PM
bigbadtoystore.com had Weapon X, Ghost Rider 2, and Iron Man 17 for $4.88 each. :eek: That's the only place I've seen any Series VII.I've been seeing those quite a bit the last few weeks (but not at that price!).

Reefer Shark
11-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Actually, even though he's often shown as being much bigger in recent comics, Galactus is listed in most sources as normally being only 28 feet 9 inches though his height is variable. He actually appeared to be about that size in his first appearance. That makes the upcoming figure not really that far off in scale.
Is that right? Huh, that's cool... I guess I'm going by his more recent appearances in the Thanos series (where he seems way taller that 28'). I've never read those old books where he first appeared myself.

I'll just be happy if I can get a complete set and actually be able to put him together.

Nice score there PF! I'm mighty jealous!

evenflow
11-30-2004, 09:47 PM
It looks like they are showing the chase figures on the back of the packages now.

plasticfetish
12-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Nice score there PF! I'm mighty jealous!Yeah, I was pretty shocked -- I never find variants, and I NEVER expected to see that Wolverine. After looking around the past day or so, and seeing nothing in any of the stores, I figure I must have gotten there right after they'd opened the few boxes that they had.

Well, here's hoping that there'll be some serious restocking going on this week.

Reefer Shark
12-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Well, here's hoping that there'll be some serious restocking going on this week.
I've got my fingers crossed, could use a good Marvel Legends fix.....

Here's a link to the cardback that evenflow was talking about. The variant headsculpts are shown in little insets on the cardback. Looks like they're shipping out more Doombots in ML8 too. That's pretty cool for those that missed him!

Marvel Legends 8 cardback (http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=Marvel%2FMarvel_Legends_Series_8%2FPackaged_ Pics&pic=chase_doombot_back1.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey hey, amazon has wave 9 up for pre-order! :crazed: I ordered the two Hulks, Nightcrawler and Prof X. Do i ever think i'll see them from amazon. good lord no, but it's always funny to pre-order from them and see them fail. Plus, you can argue and get free gift cards! yay! :D

evenflow
12-03-2004, 02:03 PM
I pre-ordered the green hulk, and have to expectations in getting it.

Jedibill
12-03-2004, 10:09 PM
I have never gotten anything that I preordered from Amazon has anyone?

evenflow
12-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Anyone see the new toyfare? When they asked about Powerman the odds of getting him are 1 to 1. Sounds pretty good that we will be getting Powerman and Iron Fist.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-07-2004, 03:03 PM
well, my persistence and lack of things to do paid off once again as i jumped on amazon at about 1:30 EST, and the had Scorpion in stock! I click to buy some and it says, "this item is no longer available from the seller you selected." After refreshing and trying again and again, I still had nothing.

this morning, the glitch had been fixed and i FINALLY found Scorpion. What a feelin'! :crazed:

Reefer Shark
12-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Congrats JMG! Scorpion is a great figure.

Well, lady luck was smiling at me today. I was browsing at Puzzle Zoo today during my lunch break, and lo and behold - a variant FF4 box set was sitting there (behind four regular ones). They had it priced the same as the regular ones ($45), so I made a beline to the register with it!

Before today, I had lost all hope of getting that one (only seen it once before for $100). :D

evenflow
12-09-2004, 08:02 AM
I missed out on a variant box xet on ebay with a buy it now for 50.00 as i was going to the checkout process i guess someone else was too and they beat me too it. :(

LTBasker
12-09-2004, 06:58 PM
I found a second Scorpion last night at Wal-Mart, I open it up and both the joints in each hand are so loose you could knock'em over by whistling. Well that's not the only problem of it...apparently the way the right hand was secured by a twisty tie in the package caused it to bend away from the rest of the arm, so the wrist-peg got a ton of stress on it. As I tried to turn it the peg actually tore through itself because it was so soft, and now the hand is only connected to the peg by a bit of plastic.

Reefer Shark
12-10-2004, 01:11 AM
That sucks man... the same thing has happened to me with numerous other ToyBiz ML and LOTR figures, it really does blow.

The worst one for me was with my Stealth Iron Man - his left leg seemed stuck, so I tried to rotate it to release the joint, and .....snap! There goes the leg :frus:

evenflow
12-12-2004, 09:57 AM
That sucks, but at least you found a second Scorpion, I can't even find a first one. Someone over at TNSI found Sandman and ML 8 in California I think it was. He has pics up.

Reefer Shark
12-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Hey evenflow,
What's TNSI? I'd like to see those pics :)

Beast
12-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Saw this info on one of the other forums I go to, and figured that I'd pass it on. Please note that the line-ups can and do change quite often. The line-up comes via Alter Ego Comics who have Series 10 & 11 up for pre-order. Here's a run down of the line-ups, but again... be sure to take the list with a grain of salt. Toy Biz is known to change their line-ups at the last moment often.

Series 10 - Sentinel Series (shipping in July)

1st Appearance Spiderman
Cyclops
X-Factor Cyclops (variant)
Angel
X-Factor Angel (variant)
Black Panther
Black Panther (variant)
Omega Red
Mr. Sinister
Mystique

Series 11 - Legendary Riders Series (shipping in October)

Origin Thing
Logan
Logan (variant)
Iron Man: Hulk Buster Armor
Vengeance
Task Master
Ultron
Wonder-Man
Wonder Man (variant)
Scarlet Witch

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedibill
12-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Does Blade with Comic like on back of package exist?

LTBasker
12-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Does Blade with Comic like on back of package exist?

Yeah, he was released in really small quantities in America, he was released (with the exact same non-foreign packaging) in Canada and the UK in larger quantities. If you generally search for overseas people selling Blade on ebay chances are you'll find they have it.

Reefer Shark
12-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Some pretty cool figures. A bit too many X-related characters IMO, although the first wave is the "sentinel" wave. I wonder if that means we'll get a buildable Sentinel in the wave (like Galactus)?

My favorite potentials are Ultron and Task Master :cool:

Still no Thanos :cry:

El Chuxter
12-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Ultron! Yes! Rawk!! :beard:

Vengeance! I never thought I'd see him, but always suggested him as an easy re-tooling of the Ghost Rider figures! :beard: again

I wish they'd cut down a bit on the re-hash X-Men figures, and I'll get my ML Jubilee much more quickly. :cool:

And for the love of Stan Lee, would somebody infiltrate ToyBiz and kick anyone squah in the you-know-whats if they even suggest another stinkin' Iron Man? How many of that lamebrain second-stringer do we need? :mad:

Reefer Shark
12-13-2004, 04:39 PM
And for the love of Stan Lee, would somebody infiltrate ToyBiz and kick anyone squah in the you-know-whats if they even suggest another stinkin' Iron Man? How many of that lamebrain second-stringer do we need? :mad:
No kidding...... I think they've covered the shell-head well enough at this point. No more Iron Man figures please.

The only other Iron Man I would be interested in would be a "first appearance" version. We should be seeing that in the mix instead of "hulk buster" :rolleyes:

I am happy with most of the choices though.

LTBasker
12-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah I wish they would give Iron-Man a rest, hell if he really sells as well as they think he does then why don't just make an Iron-Man Classics line? Surely if Hulk can get his own line then so can Iron-Man. It'd help a ton!

plasticfetish
12-13-2004, 10:17 PM
So... speaking of Iron Man, I can't remember, but have they done a classic (grey or gold) costume yet?

Reefer Shark
12-13-2004, 10:38 PM
So... speaking of Iron Man, I can't remember, but have they done a classic (grey or gold) costume yet?Not in the Marvel Legends scale. They did do one in the older, smaller scaled line. He was in the Avengers boxset with Giant Man, Thor, Hulk, etc.. and was actually a pretty decent figure at the time.

---

I found a bunch of ML 6 and 7 today (including variant phoenix) at a collector joint. I asked them how much for deadpool, and he says "$40" :eek: Unbelievable.... I didn't even bother to ask the prices on the others...

I did fork over $59.99 for a Sinister Six boxset to give to one of my nephews for X-Mas though. Hope he likes it!

evenflow
12-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Big Bad Toy Store has wave 9, 10, & 11 up for pre-order. Its going to be awesome getting a Sentinel and Galactus.

Hellboy
12-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Series 8 showed up at my local TRU today. Found Captain America, Iceman, Storm (long hair), Doc Ock and Iron Man. They all look great, especially Cap.

plasticfetish
12-15-2004, 02:19 AM
Series 8 already?!? Man, I still haven't seen all of 7 yet. (Great for you BTW Hellboy. I'm really looking forward to that Doc Ock. I wish my TRU had... toys.)

Hellboy
12-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Boy I seem to be on a role with the Marvel stuff as of late. Ran into Sandman today and I finally found the Vision. As usual Wal-Mart and TRU seem to be the only places this stuff is hitting around here though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-15-2004, 09:14 PM
You're killin' me, HB!!! Keep your eyes peeled for an extra Sandman! We can add that to our never ending stack o' toys for our trade. hehehhe :crazed:

Hellboy
12-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Will do Guyute. BTW I found Storm for you today so you can scratch her off your X-mas list. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-16-2004, 09:52 PM
(bows down at HB's feet)

Oh Anung Un Rama, i bow to thee and pray that you accept this token of gratitude...(pulls out 24 pack of Bud) eh eh eh?! :D

which one is it anyway?! ;)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :D