PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Marvel Figures (Excelsior!)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Beast
12-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Well, what do we have here. Look, it's a picture of Series 9 with Galactus. Looks like the variant Bullseye is just 'Insane Smiling' Bullseye. I attached a smaller version, and tossed the large one on Photobucket. :)

Marvel Legends Series 9 w/ Galactus (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/MarvelLegendsSeries9.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
12-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Nice!! Thanks for posting that, Galactus looks great!

The whole wave looks great. I'm glad the Bullseye variant is such a small one, I won't be going out of my way to get that one.

I'm not advocating variants (I hate the concept), but I think an "Astral Form" Dr. Strange would have made more sense than the Insane Smiling Bullseye deal... It's all good though, I'll be happy to just have the regular Doc.

Beast
12-17-2004, 07:32 PM
I wish they would have done Xavier's yellow Shiar hoverchair though. Or a variant of him that featured that chair. It looks more like they're going with the modern version of his chair. Thankfully Xavier's not in one of the crappy Morrison Black Leather uniforms with the funky chair that Quietly gave him from New X-Men. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
12-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Those look great, thanks for sharing the pic Binks. I was hoping that Professor X was going to come with his floating chair though but oh well this one will do. Galactus looks sweet but exactly how do they expect everyone to be able to actually "collect all 7" and put him together the way they pack their cases. :rolleyes:

Out of these 7 I'd have to say I'm looking forward to getting Nightcrawler the most seeing as how he has always been my favorite X-Man and all with Doc Strange a close second.

Beast
12-17-2004, 09:21 PM
Here's some better pictures from the Spawn Board...
Shame that Xavier sorta sucks. He looks way to prissy for some reason.

Marvel Legends Series 9 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/ML9.jpg)
Galactus (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Galactus.jpg)
Bullseye Blue/Bullseye Black Variant (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Bullseye.jpg)
Deathlok (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Deathlok.jpg)
Grey Hulk/Green Hulk Variant (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/GreyHulk.jpg)
Nightcrawler (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Nightcrawler.jpg)
Professor Xavier (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/ProfessorX.jpg)
War Machine (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/WarMachine.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-17-2004, 09:23 PM
It seems that my hours of drudging along in the Electronics department paid off tonight as when i was coming in for my shift, i stumbled upon an Apocalypse, Vision (regular) and Hawkeye. The fun didn't stop there as right around my lunch break, i walked by the figure aisle and saw a peculiar green and black striped object coming from the spidey figure rack. I clocked out for my lunch, walked as fast i could back to the aisle and found not one, but TWO Sandman figures!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazed: It simply made my night. He looks really well done. HH! :D

Hellboy
12-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Nice work Guyute. Sounds like you ran into the same things I did at my local Wal-Mart the other day.

evenflow
12-17-2004, 11:57 PM
Prof. X is just terrible. He should come with a hover chair. I am hoping that this is a stand in figure and that the final version will include the Hover chair.

plasticfetish
12-18-2004, 01:00 AM
i stumbled upon an Apocalypse, Vision (regular) and Hawkeye.*sob* All my local Wal*Mart has is six thousand Iron Man figures!!! (Why, why, why?) Nice finds JMG...

...and nice pics JJB! I'm digging Nightcrawler, Bullseye and maybe the Hulk (if I can find a grey one.) I suppose I'll have to pop for the rest to get that Galactus -- though I'm not wild for Xavier or War Machine at all.

El Chuxter
12-20-2004, 06:32 PM
My wife called me at work earlier from a K-Mart. It seems they must have just put out Series VIII, as she was able to score Modern Iron Man, Ultimate Captain America, Dr Octopus, Black Widow, Storm (long-haired), Man-Thing, and Iceman! :D:D:D:D:D

So, this means that I now have more than twice as many Series VIII figures as I do Series VII, since I've only ever seen Silver Iron Man, Weapon X, and Ghost Rider #???. :mad:

If Toybiz reissues these, it'd be nice. However, with the "gestalt" pack-ins, I think it may be prudent to get Series IX and X in the first release. It would suck to get Nightcrawler later on in different packaging and end up with a one-armed Galactus as a result.

Reefer Shark
12-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Nice score!

I found a Hawkeye and Apocalypse at a local TRU today. It was a big ToyBiz day, they had some nice LOTR stuff too! :)

Reefer Shark
12-24-2004, 02:42 PM
I ran into TRU today for some last minute gifts, and found two each of Ultimate Captain America, and Modern Iron Man. I snatched up all four (so I could give one each to one of my nephews).

They look pretty damn cool, can't wait to bust 'em out!

RooJay
12-25-2004, 04:18 AM
If I may - it would appear that the "insane smiling" Bullseye variant is also the black costume variant. The regular, non-smiling version looks to have a blue-ish colored costume.

evenflow
12-28-2004, 09:12 AM
If I may - it would appear that the "insane smiling" Bullseye variant is also the black costume variant. The regular, non-smiling version looks to have a blue-ish colored costume.

Thats cool. I think alot more people would go after it if it were black then if it was just the head variant.

Jedibill
01-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I went to Wal-Mart last nite too see if they had anything new but found old figures they had 2 Captain America's series 1 and 3 Things and 2 Human Torch's maybe this is old stock or something?

smurfvader
01-10-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't know if anybody here saw this, but it seems Toybiz is re-releasing some of the older Spider-Man villians in ML style packaging.
www.entertainmentearth.com/pro...number=TB71870A
Also it seems like you might have a econd chance at getting Abomination and Absorbing Man.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TB72360AA

jiM

RooJay
01-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Sounds like Toybiz has found a novel way of getting rid of some of that glut of Spider-Man figures. Who wants to bet that all of the Spider-Man figures in those two-packs were once recalled by ToyBiz so they could be repackaged here? Pretty shady if you ask me.

Reefer Shark
01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah.. pretty shady indeed. I've been desperately searching for an Abomination (for a reasonable price) since it was released.

I'll probably get the $40 set since Abomination seems to be completely unobtainable now, but that sucks since I have all the other figures already. :(

I like the idea of single packed Spidey villans on ML style clamshells though. That's a pretty cool way to get those HTF figures out there.

plasticfetish
01-10-2005, 09:50 PM
What... Marvel Legends? Is that the toy line with all of the cool figures that I've only ever seen in photos? I'm seriously stunned at how I haven't really seen anything from series 7 or 8 yet. What is going on with this line now?

Reefer Shark
01-11-2005, 12:36 AM
No kidding. Where's the goods ToyBiz?

I find it a bit odd that they can't get any Marvel Legends stuff out, but we see new LOTR stuff on a regular basis. :confused: :confused: :confused:

evenflow
01-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Rumor has it, (this is not confirmed) that there are cases coming out with just chase figures. It seems like people are finding them. I hope this means I can find a Dark Phoenix.

El Chuxter
01-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Chase figures? I still need most of the last few waves. I really lucked out finding all of Wave 8 at once, but I've never seen Deadpool or regular Phoenix, much less Dark Phoenix! :mad:

Reefer Shark
01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
I've never seen Deadpool or regular Phoenix, much less Dark Phoenix! :mad:

Same here.... well unless you count a local collector shop that has 'em all for the low price of $35 each. And if you think that's bad, you should see how much they charge for variants. :rolleyes: I hope those rot there forever.:dead:

I really hope the rumor evenflow posted is true!

plasticfetish
01-12-2005, 03:18 AM
Chase figures? I still need most of the last few waves. I really lucked out finding all of Wave 8 at once, but I've never seen Deadpool or regular Phoenix, much less Dark Phoenix! :mad:Chase waves... I think he means chase waves. ;)

smurfvader
01-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I'll probably get the $40 set since Abomination seems to be completely unobtainable now, but that sucks since I have all the other figures already. :(

I'd wait. That price is the EE price which is always high. These will probably be released in stores for much less. The 40$ is for 2-2packs which will more than likely go for 13.00 each 2 pack at most stores. I'm only basing this on the price of the Spider-Man and Doc Ock 2 pack that I've seen in stores lately.

jiM

Reefer Shark
01-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Your probably right, I will definitely wait and find out the retail price before ordering.

I would much rather just buy the Abomination set by itself anyways since I already have an Absorbing Man.

Reefer Shark
01-17-2005, 09:20 PM
CornerStoreComics.com (http://cornerstorecomics.com/) has pre orders listed for waves 12 and 13. Interesting choices.... Most of 13 sounds pretty good to me, but only about half of series 12 interests me.

Series 12:
"Get the jump on Series 12 set , which MAY include: Origin Capt America (w/Bucky), Savage Land Wolverine, Ultimate Green Goblin, Loki, Dark Phoenix, Mole Man, & Hannibal King."

"sealed cases may contain the Scary Teeth Mole Man and/or Vampire Hannibal King variants!"

Series 13:
"Get the jump on Series 13 set , which MAY include: Origin Daredevil, Kingpin, Power Man, Iron Fist, Lady Deathstrike, Ultimate Punisher, Tombstone, and Shang Chi."

"sealed cases may contain the Unmasked Daredevil and/or Shang Chi Alt. Costume variants!"

Where's Thanos and Captain Marvel?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rocketboy
01-17-2005, 10:13 PM
The Fantastic Four movie figures are up on Amazon.com. (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index%3Dtoys%26field-keywords%3DFantastic%252520Four%252520movie%26stor e-name%3Dtoys/103-9674283-2517411)
No pics though.

(If the link dosen't work, search for "Fantastic Four Movie")

Jedibill
01-17-2005, 10:32 PM
great another DareDevil thats just what we need

Beast
01-17-2005, 11:36 PM
great another DareDevil thats just what we need
Actually it is. A yellow/brown Daredevil has been wanted for a while. The first one which was a variant in Spider-Man Classics sells for mad money on Ebay. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
01-18-2005, 12:45 AM
But this will be our third Punisher figure, and we definitely don't need him. I admit to not being up on my Ultimate Marvels (mostly because I don't really like the overwhelming majority Ultimate line), but I don't seem to recall Ultimate Punisher looking remarkably different from regular Punisher. Someone prove me wrong.

Great news about Loki, Power Man, Iron Fist, and Shang Chi! I'm even grateful to finally be getting Mole Man, Kingpin, and even Hannibal King could end up being kind of cool (at least my Blade movie figure won't be so lonely anymore - I'm assuming this is the movie version since the comics version could be pretty boring - but wouldn't a Jessica Biel figure have been even cooler? Yum!) Even origin Captain America with Bucky (as long as he's done right - read: with Marvel Legends articulation) and Origin Daredevil should be pretty cool (I've always had a thing for the original Yellow and Brown costume). I really don't think we need Savage Land Wolvie (now they're just getting ridiculous!) nor Lady Deathstrike and Tombstone; don't get me wrong, the lady was cool in X2, but the comics version and "z"-lister Tombstone suck badly!

I also can really do without Ultimate Green Goblin as he blows to no end; seems more like he should be the Green Gargoyle to me. He doesn't call to mind anything nearing a goblin to me.

plasticfetish
01-18-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm into getting a new and better Daredevil (that has nothing to do with Ben Affleck) no matter what costume -- but the classic one would be really great.

Hmmm... is that one "D" or two?

Series 12: Origin Capt America (w/Bucky), Savage Land Wolverine, Ultimate Green Goblin, Loki, Dark Phoenix, Mole Man, & Hannibal King.I was really hoping that they'd do an early Cap'n America w/ Bucky. Great! Loki and Mole Man sound cool to me. Hannibal King I have no feelings for. Savage Land Wolverine isn't something I want, (but I'm sure someone who hasn't quite gotten enough Wolverine figures will dig it.) Now... Dark Phoenix, that's different from the chase figure that's been going around?

Series 13: Origin Daredevil, Kingpin, Power Man, Iron Fist, Lady Deathstrike, Ultimate Punisher, Tombstone, and Shang Chi."I'm into almost all of these. Origin Daredevil = cool. Kingpin = cool. Power Man and Iron Fist are great. I'm not into another Punisher figure, and I don't care about Lady Deathstrike much. Tombstone I have no feelings for. Shang Chi (Master of Kung Fu?)... I haven't even thought about that one in close to 30 years. Wow... bring on the obscure '70s heroes!

Thanks for the list Reefer Shark. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

Speaking of obscure, I actually found Man-Thing (who my local comic-book shop had priced at $25) and Doc Ock at Wal*Mart today. Very nice! These are the two (though I did buy and like Iceman) that I really wanted from series VIII. Wouldn't mind finding some more from VII, but... oh well.

:)

LTBasker
01-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Anybody have pics of Ultimate Green Goblin and Ultimate Punisher?

RooJay
01-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Go here for pics and more info on the craptacular Ultimate Green Goblin:

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/UltimateGoblin/ultimategoblin.htm

and even better pics of his craptastic bust:

http://www.toymania.com/columns/rtmisc/dsgoblinbustpics.shtml

Did I mention that he breathes fire and is nearly the size of the Hulk?

Beast
01-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Green Goblin rocks. It was truely a bold interpretation of a classic character that turned out in an intresting way. By the way, he could produce fire from his hands, not from his mouth. :)

By the way, Jesse from Toy Biz debunked the list this morning over on Fwoosh. That doesn't mean that some of the figures listed arn't going to be made, just that they're trying to keep it as quiet as possible for the time being. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
01-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Green Goblin sucks and was a wholly inane and a rather solid misinterpretation of the character. Why on earth would this guy call himself the Green Goblin when he's the spitting image of the classic gargoyle? Unless he knew that there was already a character by that name in another universe that he was supposed to be taking the place of. Other than the fact that he's green and wears purple, and his alter-ego is Norman Osborn, they've almost completely jettisoned everything else about the classic character. Even to the point that he wasn't even directly involved in Gwen Stacy's death - the defining event in the Spider-Man, Green Goblin relationship.

By the way, I mistakenly relayed that he breathed fire due to the fact that he looks very much like DC's The Demon who in turn strongly resembles the Marvel Universe's own Isaac Christians - The Gargoyle. Another great character in his own right, one whom I wish Marvel would use more often and whom I'd love to have a figure of.

Beast
01-18-2005, 11:57 AM
We shall have to agree to disagree. Myself, I enjoyed it as a totally new interpretation of a classic character that was fresh. They could have went with something closer to the Spider-Man movie version of Green Gobby, so I'm glad they were more creative for his origins and powers in the Ultimate Universe. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Biks

El Chuxter
01-18-2005, 12:01 PM
I just pray that the Iron Fist and Power Man figures aren't shortpacked. I'd love to see a variant (inasmuch as I love to see any variant, but I suppose they're a given now) of the "plant doppelganger" Iron Fist (would look the same except the costume is red instead of green, and he'd probably look really, really mean). Since we're getting tons of useless re-toolings of characters, why not an early-90s version of Luke Cage (with the shaved head and black kevlar duds) later on?

Power Man and Iron Fist RULE!!!

But why a "Savage Land Wolverine"? That's moronic. Why not focus on other X-Men? [Cough, cough, Jubilee.] Or if they're set on a Savage Land character, I'd kill to get a ML Sauron figure.

RooJay
01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
But why a "Savage Land Wolverine"? That's moronic.

I'm betting it's got lots to do with the fact that he's an easy figure to slap together using pre-existing Wolverine parts.

DarthBrandon
01-19-2005, 05:03 PM
I really like the Marvel Legend line; I think it's the best, if not one of the best out on the market. I Finally have Vision (x2) in my possession, he's a sweet figure but he's lacking a friend (Goliath), who's a chase figure or one of the short packed figures. What's up with this anyways? Vision was hard enough to find & he's not even a chase figure for G's sake. I really wish the case assortments / distribution would become a little better so that big kids (myself) & little kids (my son) don't have search the globe for their product. Figures I'm tired of are Iron Man, Wolverine, & Ghost Rider, (enough already). End of rant.

I'm really looking forward to the Dr. Strange wave (ML9), some really cool figures in that assortment. (Dr. Strange, Bullseye, Prof X, & Nigthcrawler) (ML10) Looking pretty good, have to wait & see them first. Not sure what wave the ultimate Goblin & another wolverine is in but I wonít be buying either of them for obvious reasons discussed by others. I hope PM & IF look good, if so Iíll be picking those two up as well.

plasticfetish
01-21-2005, 05:08 AM
OK. Just a beauty shot for the heck of it. (I really love this figure.)

evenflow
01-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Yes he is an awesome figure.

LTBasker
01-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Walked into Wal-Mart today, expected to find the usual nothingness...stared down the freshly revamped toy aisle and quickly noticed a new "The Batman" figure with his regular suit and non-gimmickized right arm. I figured that would be the only the delight of the day...then I saw the full ML pegs. They weren't Nick Fury clones. It was Vision :eek: Little digging, found Apocalypse and then Hawkeye! It was a whole fresh case right on the pegs. Sadly no Phazing Ghost Rider. :(

Either way though, I couldn't believe they showed up FINALLY! And even in good condition. However..I sat the pile down for a bit because they were getting heavy as I looked around the rest of the aisle and noticed a brownish substance on Vision. Apparently someone had recently spilt a pop on a mid-shelf that I guess Vision had been laying on when it happened. (You could tell it happened hours ago, only a bit of a stain was there and Vision was on the pegs when I got there, I assume it was a stocker.)

I didn't have anything to clean it off with though, and I forgot to ask the lay-away clerk about having any wipes. Oh well though, as long as it doesn't leak (a couple droplets were still on the bottom) onto other figures, I'll probably be able to wash it off when they get home. I also finally found the Senate/Naboo post-OTC figures.

However something very bad comes from all this: Now I'll probably have to stare at Nick Furys, Iron Mans, Ghost Riders and Wolverines for months.

plasticfetish
01-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Soda stain, shmoda stain... you'll be opening that bad-boy up won't you? ;) Man... that's luck. I think Vision and Man-Thing were the two that I wanted most from these last waves, and I've yet to see a Vision at all.

Dr. Strange had better not be as hard to find.

RooJay
01-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Sadly no Phazing Ghost Rider.

What's a phasing Ghost Rider? :confused: Typo? I know there's a phasing Vision, but Ghost Rider has never been able to phase in the comics. Please explain.

plasticfetish
01-21-2005, 10:41 PM
What's a phasing Ghost Rider? :confused: Typo? I know there's a phasing Vision, but Ghost Rider has never been able to phase in the comics. Please explain.Try not to laugh too hard at the price they're charging, but here's a pic...

http://actionfiguresbygofigure.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product3670.html

RooJay
01-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Oh, okay thanks. I thought I might be missing something. Phasing implies something else to me; that's a pretty interesting description for that figure Toybiz decided to go with.

evenflow
01-21-2005, 11:47 PM
For some reason I have decided I want the phasing Ghost rider. :( I'm stupid

plasticfetish
01-22-2005, 01:29 AM
No, it's cool and I'd dig having one also. I just figure there's no chance in Wal*Mart that I'll ever find one.

Beast
01-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Some great pics of what we can expect from the Fantastic Four movie line. Looks like some really good quality figures of Doom and the Fantastic Four are on the way. Just click on the small pictures for a larger view. :)

http://www.fun-shop-online.de/Fantastic_Four_default76_541.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
01-25-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm not sure what to make of those pics. They look very classic-comic style, not very much like the film version from what I've seen. Interesting..

I finally scored some decent ML figs the other day:

Picked up Iceman, Man-Thing, and Doc Ock at Wal-Mart. Then found Storm (regular ver) at K-Mart. I had gotten there just a moment too late at Wal-Mart, another person was walking away with Black Widow. Rats!!

And I just bought a Sandman figure off ebay for $9. Not too bad if you ask me!

Since I've been home sick all day and I'm bored, here's a few pics of my goodies.

Rocketboy
01-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Is that Thing figure the ML one? It kinda looks like it.

Since I've been home sick all day and I'm bored, here's a few pics of my goodies.Ice Man and Storm: Protectors of Darth Vader!

Reefer Shark
01-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Yup, that's the ML Man-Thing. Unfortunately, my crappy camera lost all the wonderful details (like his red eyes, etc...) The figure really looks great in person.

Anyone need a Spider-Man Classics Carnage figure? I managed to score a few extra over the weekend. I'm into trading for ML. PM me if interested!

plasticfetish
01-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Yup, that's the ML Man-Thing. The figure really looks great in person.It's a super figure. I'm so frigging happy that I ended up finding one and didn't have to cough up $25 or whatever to get one at my local comicbook shop.

It's a perfect example of why this toy line is so fun to me.

When I was a kid, back in the late '70s - early '80s, we used to sit around and talk about how cool it would be to have toys like this -- not that we could have ever imagined them like this. We'd talk about how crazy it would be to have toys or even **gasp** a movie made about the X-Men. :)

Now, to get stuff like this, and to have characters that are as relatively obscure as Man-Thing or Dr. Strange, really blows me away.

BlueSnags
01-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Snagged a ML Black Widow, Doc Ock, and Man-Thing off of amazon.com on Monday - if anyone still needs, keep checking this link - they may put them back up.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/toys/B000231EB4/qid%3D1106758235/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/102-7025862-9236112

LTBasker
01-27-2005, 03:12 AM
Do you still have the link for Doc Ock? I'd like to watch that.

If anybody's a really big fan of McFarlane or Todd's Spider-Man design, Toy Biz recently released in the Sandman assortment a really great McF style spidey. It's even got individual finger articulation!

It comes with a huge base like Manga Spider-Man and Wall Crawl Gollum which is pretty nice. If anybody is going to look for it, the full name is "Super Poseable Spider-Man with Wall Crawl Action" and he's got three grey missiles (don't worry, they fire off the base) and a Kennedy half dollar-sized Spidey logo next to him in the package.

BlueSnags
01-27-2005, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=LTBasker]Do you still have the link for Doc Ock? I'd like to watch that.
QUOTE]

Here you go, dude.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000231EBE/102-7025862-9236112?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

-Blue Snag

Beast
01-27-2005, 06:39 PM
The return of a 4" line of Superhero Figures. Mini Marvel Legends!!

Marvel Legend Style 4" Figures For 2005

by Jay at 08:22:03 PM on 01/27/2005

I have been sitting on this news for a while now but since it's apprently leaked from the UK Toy Fair I feel I can go on and spill the beans. Toy Biz is launching a new line of 4" Marvel Legend type figures. The same scuplts as ML but scaled down to the size of 4". They are called being called Marvel Super Hero Showdown.

They are starting out with 2-packs

Starter sets:
Hulk & Wolverine - 2 pcs
Spider-Man & Thing 4 pcs

and then doing single carded ones that will include the following.

Marvel Super Hero Showdown Battle Pack Asst 1 - Item #: 72800
Black Costumer Spider-Man - 4 pcs
Dock Ock - 3 pcs
Ghostrider - 3 pcs
Punisher - 2 pcs
Berserker Wolverine - chase

Item #: 72810
Iron Man - 3 pcs
Human Torch - 4 pcs
Dr. Doom - 2 pcs
Captain America - 3 pcs
Spider Sense Spider-Man - chase

I am told these will have every bit the articulation and detail as the 6" versions. They were described to be as if Dr. Pym sprinkled his Pym Particles on the 6" Marvel legends to shrink them down to 4". Whether the final versions really are that exact remains to be seen. The case breakdowns are from the Canadian Distributor Grand, so they could be different for the U.S. And of course line-ups are subject to change.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
01-27-2005, 08:55 PM
The return of a 4" line of Superhero Figures. Mini Marvel Legends!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Damn, you beat me to it. I kind of wish the line was always this size. Nice to see they will continue on with Marvel Legends at least.

Beast
01-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Here's something fun for you guys. A look at the unproduced Professor Xavier figure with hoverchair. Originally the Professor Xavier figure that's coming in ML9 was supposed to come with his infamous gold Shiar hoverchair. While it was sculpted and planned, it was dropped at the last minute for the 'movie' chair. This was done because the hoverchair wouldn't fit on the card with the Galactus Head. Hopefully a future Boxset will include the Xavier with hover chair. But here's a cool look at what might have been. :)

Frankly I think I prefer hoverchair version of the figure. The headsculpt is better (less femme), and I even like the suit and tie color better. Hopefully he does get released at some point. Because this is a really good variant that should see the light of day. But not in so limited numbers that noone can get one. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
01-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Wow, that really is too bad they scrapped it. I like the hover chair version better too.

Hell, we already got two regular chairs out of the X-Men movie line, and those look just fine standing next to other Marvel Legends figures.

evenflow
01-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Yeah i saw that, the Hover chair version is much much better. I guess it just made too much sense to just change which Galactus body art came with which figure. :(

LTBasker
01-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Both are still pretty poor though. I mean he just doesn't look right in both, the head is way too feminine. With the version we're getting, it looks alot more like a rip-off considering the whole body looks ripped from the movie version. Even with a repaint, the sculpt of the suited body doesn't blend very well with the rest of the comic figures.

Beast
01-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Here's some really decent pictures of the first two FF figure assortments. The figures actually look pretty damn good. Though I hope that Reed can't do the 'sawblade' thing in the movie. Cause while 'Mr. Fantastic' can form his limbs into sawblades, it wouldn't be able to cut anything, or spin. Hopefully it's just a 'toyetic' addition. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-31-2005, 02:06 PM
Some great updated and clear shots of Marvel Legends 9 over at SuperHeroTimes.com. Here's a link to the gallery of picture from UK Toy Fair 2005. :)

http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/000357.php

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
01-31-2005, 04:52 PM
Nightcrawler's pretty sweet looking, dunno what I'm gonna do about the others though if I want to build Galactuc. I don't like the Hulk, Bullseye I may get, Dr. Strange I wouldn't mind, I loathe Prof X's figure, War Machine is meh and Deathlok I don't like either.

This bites. :p

evenflow
02-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Galactus is amazing. I can't wait.

Reefer Shark
02-02-2005, 12:41 AM
That Galactus does look great! Actually, I really dig most of the figures in this assortment, so I cant wait to get 'em all and assemble the eater of worlds!

Here's a pic of my latest Marvel haul:

Marvel Legends Black Widow
Spider-Man Classics Sandman
Spider-Man Classics Superposeable Spidey (the one that comes with the wall, like Manga Spidey)

I'm very happy with all three of these figures!

Rocketboy
02-02-2005, 11:10 AM
While all these new figures in new wave look pretty darn good, there just aren't any that I can actually picture myelf buying.

Beast
02-11-2005, 10:43 AM
And here's another ML gift from your ole pal Binks. Pictures of what we can likely expect from Marvel Legends Series 10 and 11. Note that for the most part they are just artists renderings of the final product, and like the 'Hoverchair Xavier' changes could occur before either series are released. They pictures are on my Photobucket account, to make viewing easier. Enjoy! Series 10 looks fantastic, but only Wonder Man, Scarlet Witch, and Civilian Logan really grab me from Series 11. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/MarvelLegendsSeries10Teaser.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/MarvelLegendsSeries11Teaser.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-11-2005, 03:46 PM
At least for the Sentinel series it's mostly figs I wouldn't mind getting. Ironically though my favorite character is the one I really wish I could avoid picking up- Cyclops. I hate that costume... Too bad it's not the variant, as I wouldn't mind picking up the likely white and blue variant.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Hey, does anybody need a Sandman figure? I found a few extra at a wal-mart on the way home and i already got one. If you're interested, please let me know ASAP as i'm home till sunday and can get a box, and pack it, etc. :D

evenflow
02-13-2005, 08:00 AM
11 would have been much more enjoyable if it had a build a figure. I really dont want Logan, Thing, or another Iron man.

BlueSnags
02-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Found a Black Widow (regular version) at Hawthorne (Los Angeles) TRU this afternoon. Looks like this wave is still shipping - good news as I know alot of people who have been having trouble finding these figures. Apparently the Hot Wheels crowd (also known as scalpers) have been taking a greater interest in this line.

-Blue Snaggy

RooJay
02-14-2005, 08:42 PM
That Ultron figure looks like it should suck, big time.

jjreason
02-15-2005, 08:13 PM
I just found my first case of series 8 at TRU up here. Here are my thoughts:

IceMan - bought him, love the base.
Doc Ock - bought him as well.

Storm - will get here. Nice figure, prefer the long hair though the Barry Windsor Smith Mohawk is a nice choice for variant.
ManThing - as above, the figure's way better than character.
Ultimate Iron Man - another nice Iron Man, will get him eventually.

Ultimate Cap - not happy with the "incorrect" blue uniform. If I find the one with the grey highlights I'll get it, if not I'll pass.

Black Widow - face so bad it's scary, I won't be getting her.

I don't think I saw any other figures there, was this a wave of 7 or 8?

Reefer Shark
02-15-2005, 09:07 PM
It's a wave of 7 new figures. They've slipped in Doombot as the 8th figure.

I like all the figures in this wave, but could've done without Cap and Iron Man (I still bought them though, I'm a sucker for this line).

jjreason
02-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Thanks, I didn't find a Doombot at that store. I have only seen it once, oddly enough quite recently. Was it repacked in with wave 6 as well by any chance?

I suppose a review of this thread might tell me the answer, but it's easier to ask and get it again....... :lazy: :D

Beast
02-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey guys. Binks here with updated pictures of Marvel Legends Series 9 and 10. These had to be shrunk just a bit, due to the forum restrictions. But I have to say that ML 10 looks fabulous. Especially the Sentinel. Note that the Spidey pictured is supposedly not the one in the series. Oddly enough that's a picture of a Spidey statue. Oh well, here ya go. :)

Quick Update: Here's what the 'Origins Spidey' looks like, from Toyfare magazine. Looks pretty darn good, but lets hope he ends up having the webbing under his arms. Other than that, very very nice. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Here's a few more pics from Toyfare. Just figured I'd pass them on. Sorry if I had to shrink them too small to read. I couldn't really help it due to the size restrictions. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-17-2005, 03:02 PM
At least the Sentinel series doesn't have too bazarre chracters like Deathlok, definitely won't mind picking up the figures from that series, even Cyclops now. Is it just me or does Black Panther look exactly like Batman?... :p

The Sentinel looks great, I wish we could get multiples of them without getting unneeded extra figures.

I wonder if they'll ever do another build-a-figure? Regular Sentinel? Goliath? Apocalypse?

I'm just hoping theres nothing I want from ML12 and 13, maybe even 14. After the whole fiasco with ML6 and 7 and trying to find ML8 while I have to buy all of 9 and 10...I need a break. :p Already know I may only get 1 from ML11 but that's if the Logan turns out really good. At least I know it wouldn't be hard to find. :D

Beast
02-19-2005, 02:09 AM
Well, everyone has been wanting ole Thanos. And he seemed to be overlooked time and again for Marvel Legends. And he even lost in the last Marvel Select poll to She-Hulk. But looks like he did well enough to actually get made after all. And I think Marvel Select is a better choice. Since the figure will actually be taller than most of the Marvel Legends figures. Now if only we could get a Marvel Select Juggernaut and Apocalypse.

Thanos comes with Death and an interchangable set of right hands. So you can display him with or without the infamous 'Infinity Gauntlet'. Looks pretty damn tasty to me, and I'm hoping the other figures that were in the last Marvel Select poll get produced. I really want that Astonishing X-Men Beast figure. Thanos will be released in around August in comic stores and specialty retailers.

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=14029&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
02-19-2005, 04:46 AM
Marvel Select sucks. I'm going to pretend I never saw that Thanos figure.

Reefer Shark
02-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Wow! I've been clamoring for Thanos since the begining of ML. It's too bad we're not getting a Marvel Legends version, but I have to say that this Thanos looks freaking awesome!! I'm very impressed!

I don't buy too much Marvel Select stuff (just the really "stand out" ones like Green Goblin, and Venom), but ToyBiz will definitely be getting my money for this one!

He has the Infinity Gauntlet, and he comes with Death!!! How cool is that??? I think he'll look great alongside the ML Silver Surfer! Now we just need Captain Mar-Vell, and Warlock.... and maybe even Drax the Destroyer and Firelord too. Hell, give us all the heralds of Galactus!

Thanks for the news and link JJB! :)

evenflow
02-19-2005, 06:53 PM
I think the Thanos figure is amazing. It is well articulated, I will fit in scale wise cause he is a large character to begin with, and a Marvel Legends version probably woul dnot come with Death. I cannot wait for this figure. I have no doubts that I will be buying this one.

jjreason
02-19-2005, 09:40 PM
The pics look great, if the figure is that good in real life it will be my first Marvel Select. I agree that the larger size will compliment the ML line very nicely.

Beast
02-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Here's some really clear and detailed close-up pictures of Marvel Legends Series 10 and 11. Very cool to see that the Logan we're getting is actually Days of Futures Past Logan. But first, here's most of Marvel Legends 10. :)

Marvel Legends 10 (Sentinal Series) (July 2005)
Angel (with blue variant)
Black Panther
Cyclops (with variant head)
Mr. Sinister
Mystique
Omega Red
1st Appearance Spider-Man

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Here's the rest of ML10 and most of ML11. Ultron still looks damn weird. Not sure where they snagged that design for the figure. :)

Marvel Legends 11 (Sept 2005)
Hulkbuster Iron Man
Logan (Days of Futures Past)
Scarlet Witch
Taskmaster
1st Appearance The Thing
Ultron
Vengeance
Wonder Man

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-22-2005, 07:17 PM
And here's the final pictures from Marvel Legends 11. :)

Oh, and news on the case ratios for ML 9:

the official case ratio for the regular cases here in the philippines is:

2x per case of hulk, prof. x, nightcrawler, dr. strange, and war machine
1x per case of bullseye and deathlok

as for the chase case ratio it is:
2x reg. bullseye, 1x chase bullseye
1x reg. hulk 1x chase hulk
2x deathlok
2x dr. strange
1x per case of war machine, prof. x and nightcrawler

neat huh? toybiz really is listening to fans now!
And so I don't have to post again, news on future Spider-Man series:

Spider-Man Series 13 (May 2005)
Flip N Stick Spider-Man
Web Spin Spider-Man
Water Web Ball Blasting Spider-Man
Magic Change Mysterio

Spider-Man Figure Series 14 (September 2005)
Spin 'N Trap Spider-Man
Web Trap Spider-Man
Web Cannon Spider-Man
Buzzing Beetle
Tail Strike Scorpion

Spider-Man Figure Series 15 (November 2005)
Rocket Blast Spider-Man
Hurricane Kick Spider-Man
Super Flip Spider-Man
Web Splasher Doc Ock
Ultimate Rhino

Spider-Man 2-Packs (May 2005)
Spider-Man & The Punisher
Spider-Man & Venom

Spider-Man 2-Packs Series 2 (November 2005)
Spider-Man & Absorbing Man
Spider-Man & Abomination

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
02-22-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm going to have a very difficult time passing up anything from waves 9, 10 and 11. These all look great. :cool:

El Chuxter
02-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah, but that Ultron looks like no Ultron I've ever seen! I'm also not entirely sure if Vengeance's cycle is 100% accurate without double-checking. But both look mega-wicked!

Now if we can only get the other bazillion X-Men. . . .

evenflow
02-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Thats not the head that i saw displayed at toy fair, i believe they will be changing it.

Beast
02-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Heads up folks!!

Marvel.Com has all of series 6 and 7 now in stock on sale for $8.99 a piece. There's also a coupon code, but it seems to have given a few people trouble with accepting it. The code is 'MarvelProfile' and it gives you $10.00. Note that they also have Free Shipping. This is a great chance to grab Phoenix, Apocalypse, and others that are difficult to find in the stores. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Man that is intense, thanks for the heads-up JJB. They also have Goliath for $8.99.

Unfortunately they pick such a bad time to post them, hopefully they have enough stock and limits on figures so that they'll still have them around Friday. Doubtful...but if nothing else, hopefully it will drive ebay prices down.

BlueSnags
02-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks JJB! I just ordered a Deadpool and a Goliath. The "MarvelProfile" code didn't work for me (said it was expired), but with free shipping, it is still a good deal.

-Blue Snag

Reefer Shark
02-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah, thanks for posting that Jar Jar! :cool:

I saw your post earlier, and immediatly ordered Deadpool, Pheonix, Vision, and Hawkeye.

mm74md
03-02-2005, 08:17 AM
I found some of Series 9 at my local (Hagerstown, MD) Wal Mart this morning. I was very shocked since I went in to pick up my layaway of ML Series 6.

I got Grey Hulk & Professor X. They had 1 Grey Hulk and 1 Doctor Strange left. Professor X looks awesome & Grey Hulk is pretty cool as well. Since I only pick and choose the ML line, I find the pack-ins for Galactus to be annoying.

evenflow
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Nice find, maybe they will hit NJ soon.

Beast
03-03-2005, 02:33 PM
You can get a peek of the Marvel Legends 10 Variants at the following address. The Angel and Cyclops look pretty nice. And some news on the case ratio for the Sentinel. :)

over at fwooshnet Jesse has been answering a lot of questions fwoosh forum but the most interesting thing i've seen is that sentinels will be two per case.

The question was:
"2. Will there ever be an assortment of 2 sets per case? (The ML 9 case ratios here has left an army of Dr. Strange on the pegs.) Or would you - consider making a case of 14 instead of 12?"

Jesse says:
"- Yes the Sentenil serries will be 2 a case. Gha Lac Tus ( thats how were supposed to spell it now) was busted up into 7 pioeces cause Jack mad the head so big. We dont have that problem with the Sentenil so Omega Red and Mystigue will have teh same piece ( right leg I think) and weighted 1 per case eack every other figure will be 2 per case making 2 Sentenils. Moving forward we want to do all BIG figures in 6 pieces only to have 2 per case."
http://afigures.com/g/albums/Marvel/ML_05/MLVariants.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
03-03-2005, 04:38 PM
That's pretty okay news (though two right legs is kind of a bummer for completists). The link doesn't seem to be working properly, though. :(

"Gha Lac Tus"? WTF???

Beast
03-03-2005, 05:32 PM
That's pretty okay news (though two right legs is kind of a bummer for completists). The link doesn't seem to be working properly, though. :(

"Gha Lac Tus"? WTF???
Gha Lac Tus is from Ultimate Nightmare. It was how Ultimate Vision pronounced his name when he was discovered. Oh, and here... I'll upload a copy of the piccie. Since I can't link to it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CaptainSolo1138
03-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Cyclops and Angel look pretty sweet!

mm74md
03-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Superhero Times has some pix of Series 10 from Toy Fair
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=617

Ji'dai
03-04-2005, 02:02 PM
I saw the "Galactus Series" at Wal-Mart this morning. The only one missing was Grey Hulk. What part of Galactus is included with him?

Reefer Shark
03-04-2005, 03:44 PM
It's crazy that series 9 is already showing up at stores, but a lot of us still haven't found all of series 6 and 7 yet....

btw:
Anyone else order from marvel.com? I got a confirmation email from them, but they still haven't charged my card. I'm wondering if they actually had those figures in stock...

BlueSnags
03-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Anyone else order from marvel.com? I got a confirmation email from them, but they still haven't charged my card. I'm wondering if they actually had those figures in stock...

Yeah, I got the same thing. Confirmation email + card still not charged. I've got a bad feeling about this...

-Blue Snaggy

RooJay
03-05-2005, 12:43 AM
In the latest ToyFare, they asked Jesse Falcon if we might get a variant "classic" Black Panther. His response was that we wouldn't be since they couldn't afford to retool the necessary pieces, and since simply repainting the proper parts would be a copout. Personally I would really only be happy if they did do a retooling, but all the same - I noticed the same article that info appears in is actually about series 10...the same series Cyclops is from. If you look carefully you'll notice that Cyclops is actually a reuse of the (now outdated and, in my opinion, a bit inadequate) Namor sculpt; the only new pieces being the head, forearms, and lower legs. Now that's what I call a copout! Especially since they've already reused that sculpt once before for Nick Fury. That Jesse - what a goof!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I got the same thing. Confirmation email + card still not charged. I've got a bad feeling about this...

-Blue Snaggy

I e-mailed them today and they said to expect them in 2-4 weeks. I think they told JJB the same thing. :D

LTBasker
03-05-2005, 01:31 AM
If you look carefully you'll notice that Cyclops is actually a reuse of the (now outdated and, in my opinion, a bit inadequate) Namor sculpt

It looks like it might also use the boots and gloves to Series 1 Captain America, not sure though.

So far my Marvel.com order says "Billed" but also says "VOID" in the memo part. On another board someone mentioned having the same thing and called customer service, they said the figures would be shipped out in two weeks.

I'm hoping the VOID part has nothing to do with the order itself and is more of just some thing for the people there.

Reefer Shark
03-08-2005, 12:31 AM
I saw a Dr. Strange, Bullseye (reg ver), and Deathlok at a local Target today. They all looked great in person.

I held off on buying them though, I have a case of that wave on pre-order. .....didn't want to risk not being able to put Galactus together.

plasticfetish
03-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Found Galactus wave (all but Prof. X) at K-Mart tonight. Bought Dr. Strange and Bullseye variant this time... holding off on the rest until after I see a Prof. X (like to get them for less at Target also.)

Edit (update): Well, I've got mixed feelings about this Dr. Strange figure. For the most part I like it and I'm happy to have it, because it's a nice looking figure. Yet there's some things that I'm a little dissapointed with... like the cloak, which limits how you can pose him, and his weak ankles that can't hold him up while he's wearing the cloak. Would have been nice if the Eye of Agamotto was open also.

So, given that this was one of the figures that I was most looking forward to (along with Vision who I never found, and the Man Thing that I loved) I'd have to say that it's good, but not great.

Hellboy
03-20-2005, 02:34 PM
I found the majority of this wave at Wal-Mart. No variants around and I still need Nightcrawler and War Machine but overall I'm pretty impressed with this wave. So far Dr. Strange is my favorite but you make some good points regarding his limitations PF. Deathlok looks far better than I thought he would and it was nice to see Prof. X's wheelchair come with the X spokes rather than the solid wheel thats pictured on the card.

Reefer Shark
03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
I saw the whole wave except Nightcrawler and Hulk at a local Wal-Mart this last week. They all looked great, and I was very tempted to buy them and cancel my pre-order for a case of this wave - but I held back....

LTBasker
03-20-2005, 05:52 PM
I found some of them, at least 2 cases worth of Prof. X (4) and 2 grey Hulks, 2 Dr. Stranges and 1 Deathlok. The bad part? Most of them looked like they had been molested by a sledge hammer. :mad: I can't believe out of two cases that's all they had left! :beard:

Sith Lord 0498
03-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Through some quirky twist of luck (or maybe the Force...I dunno), I went down the action figure aisle at Wal-Mart @ 11:30 pm on Friday and walked right into an associate filling the pegs with an entire box full of Series 9. I was able to grab an entire set of figures with the two variants.

As I got to the register, I just kept thinking "Man, I wish I collected these!!!" Instead, I was just buying them for another collector I know. When I left, the pegs were still about 2/3rds full. Next afternoon...completely empty!! Up here in NE Pennsylvania, it seems as though this is a line that will disappear on you unless you arrive at just the right time.

Darth Alex
03-20-2005, 08:58 PM
This line rules holy (insert expletive of choice here).
I really can NOT believe that we live in a time with so many cool toy lines going on. I will buy the Series 11 Logan with motorcycle. And I'm this close to buying a Man-thing...gotta stop, 4/2 is coming....hah hah!

Ji'dai
03-21-2005, 04:20 PM
I spotted a Fantastic Four box set at Wal-Mart this morning. The figures are probably all re-releases, but the box was smaller than the TRU FF set released last year.

Reefer Shark
03-24-2005, 10:00 PM
I spotted a Fantastic Four box set at Wal-Mart this morning. The figures are probably all re-releases, but the box was smaller than the TRU FF set released last year.

Actually, that set is a pretty good deal. Reed and Sue have new paint jobs (the outfits from Jim Lee's Heroes Reborn series), The Thing is the trenchcoat chase version, and Torch is the chase version from the first box set (translucent red plastic).

I'm on the hunt for that set myself. :smoker:

El Chuxter
03-25-2005, 10:54 AM
"Heroes Reborn," you spake? :eek:

WTF is wrong with Marvel? First they decide Cable and Deadpool not only can have their old names and costumes back, but they can get their own series -- by Rob "Reality TV Star" Liefeld and Fabien Ni-cheesy, no less -- and they suddenly qualify as "Marvel Legends"? Now they're acknowledging that the pathetic abortion called Heroes Reborn actually took place? And in recent months, I've seen at the comic shop a new Punisher 2099 series, reprints of the godawful Age of Apocalypse, and (worst of all) a new X-Force series with most of the "original" (in quotes because all the characters were knockoffs of someone) team and created by Liefeld and Nicieza? WTF?!?

Don't they know that this is the garbage that single-handedly killed the comic book industry in the 90s?!?!?

Beast
03-25-2005, 11:28 AM
"Heroes Reborn," you spake? :eek:

WTF is wrong with Marvel? First they decide Cable and Deadpool not only can have their old names and costumes back, but they can get their own series -- by Rob "Reality TV Star" Liefeld and Fabien Ni-cheesy, no less -- and they suddenly qualify as "Marvel Legends"? Now they're acknowledging that the pathetic abortion called Heroes Reborn actually took place? And in recent months, I've seen at the comic shop a new Punisher 2099 series, reprints of the godawful Age of Apocalypse, and (worst of all) a new X-Force series with most of the "original" (in quotes because all the characters were knockoffs of someone) team and created by Liefeld and Nicieza? WTF?!?

Don't they know that this is the garbage that single-handedly killed the comic book industry in the 90s?!?!?
Actually the AOA stuff you're seeing is a new AOA series. :)

By the way, AOA was one of the best selling cross over events ever. So it's not what killed the Comic Book Industry. All the variant covers and crap did. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
03-25-2005, 11:49 AM
It's new garbage? Yeesh. I asked the proprietor of my comic shop (in tears, I might add, due to my highly distraught mood after I saw the ad for AOA) what possessed them to continue that tripe, and he said it was just reprints. I guess he was trying to keep me from losing all faith in humanity and simply running out into traffic. Now, you have destroyed all my hopes for the future of mankind, JJB. Thanks a lot.

Sales numbers do not translate into quality. AOA sucked. Nothing good came of it. Period.

X-Force #1 (the original) is still one of the largest sellers in comic history. And one of the worst. I can probably get you about a hundred copies at a nickel apiece if you're interested. :)

Other large sellers that sucked in new and unique ways include Youngblood #1 (the highest selling independent comic of all time, unless the next contender beat it), Dreamwave's Transformers Generation One #1, and the Onslaught and Spider-Clone fiascos. Any of those can turn the stomachs of even the most rabid comic book fan.

The variant covers (which are still going on, sadly enough), chase versions (again, still going on), and other gimmicks were symptomatic of the real problem, though I agree they certainly didn't help things. A certain group of people (who moved on to Beanie Babies and now seem infatuated with Hot Wheels) learned that comics could be worth money, and the emphasis went from telling good stories with compelling art to throwing as many bones to investors as possible. We (as readers) went from stories like Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn and David Michelinie's early Venom stories in Amazing Spider-Man, two of the greatest comic stories of all time, to guest-star laden gimmick/fluff garbage without any real point like X-Cutioner's Song and Age of Apocalypse in less than five years. That's what chased the bulk of readers away, and once they were gone, the investors had no possible windfalls to look forward to. And that's what killed the industry.

Beast
03-25-2005, 12:17 PM
A few good things came of the original AOA. Dark Beast was one of them. So was Blink. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
03-25-2005, 05:16 PM
No sightings of wave 9 in Canada yet, from what I've seen and/or read. That out of the way, I can now attack what I perceive as the "meat" of this thread currently - the reason for the downturn of the comic industry in the early 1990s.

JJB - you state that your opinion is that "variant covers and stuff" created the downfall. I'll expand on that a little: rising paper costs and those deluxe/chase/variant editions of comics that had little to no story value (but in some cases very pretty art) drove the price of the average comic well above that of the average chocolate bar or bottle of pop.

Chux - you claim that the stories of the era were less than stellar, in your opinion.

Don't you guys see that you're riding the same horse in different directions? The problem was in the value of the comics themselves - and I don't mean the aftermarket, scalper prices of those variant editions back in the day. I mean that $4 for a copy of Youngblood (or insert any other over-hyped, over-expensive and underproduced piece of metallic bound toilet paper in here) wasn't even close to worth it. That's what killed the industry.

My personal opinion is that some of those stories weren't so bad. I liked AOA, and bought lots of extra comics to see what happened therein. I also liked Spawn, but not a heck of a lot else from the original Image line - the art rocked and the stories were gritty and well thought out.

Greed killed comics in the 1990s, regardless of what your particular pet peeve with the books themselves was. Too many comics with too many "Epic Crossovers", too many gimmicks and cover prices that were through the roof ALL contributed to people getting out en masse.

ASIDE: Oh, sorry.... I didn't explain the chocolate bar thing very well now did I? Here's what I meant. If little Johnny comes to find mom with Amazing Spider-Man in one hand and a Snickers in the other, what will mom say? "$4 for a comic book? I don't think so." She'll make him put it back and buy him the chocolate bar, sure as stink. There's a genuine gap at the "entry level" (new reader stuff) of comics being produced, and it's the gap that will continue to kill our hobby. When we're 80, they'll still be making comics for us. They've missed the boat on at least 3 or 4 generations already by making comics to mature and expensive. Whether or not that was long enough to kill the hobby remains to be seen; my belief is that it was. :(

Reefer Shark
03-25-2005, 05:32 PM
You make some good points there jjreason. I'll just chime in and say that I'm kinda glad that happened with the comics industry.

All the variant covers and crap and other excessive stuff was getting way out of hand. I found myself spending $30 to $50 a week on comics (which was ridiculous). Now things are a bit more grounded in the comic world, and I really enjoy the few books that I still read.

I'll also chime in and say that I really enjoyed AOA back then as well. Almost all other crossovers really sucked, but AOA was really enjoyable for me for some reason. Mabye it was the dark and gritty tone.... I dunno...

Beast
03-25-2005, 05:34 PM
I've been enjoying current comics myself though... but yeah, the 90's after around the end of AOA the comics industry died a horrible wheezing death that it's still not really recovered from. It is getting better again, has since 2001 or so. :)

And as I said, AOA was great for things like Dark Beast, Blink, Sabretooth. But the current AOA series sucks on rocks. Avoid at all costs. The Exiles tie-in issues were good though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
03-25-2005, 05:45 PM
I'll also chime in and say that I really enjoyed AOA back then as well. Almost all other crossovers really sucked, but AOA was really enjoyable for me for some reason. Mabye it was the dark and gritty tone.... I dunno...

I agree, I really enjoyed this series too. The dark tone was great and the unpredictability of the whole storyline kept me really intrigued. I liked how many of the core characters perished (something I wish there was more of in the real X-Men universe) and the whole thing had this impending doom feel to it. I was already reading all of the X-titles at the time so I wasn't forced into buying anything I wouldn't have already been buying in the first place. I'd rank it right up there with the Days of Future Past storyline.

El Chuxter
03-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Yes, very good points indeed, Master Reason. I guess it doesn't matter what causes it, when the perceived value of a comic (or any commodity) is less to a person than the cost, s/he won't buy it.

I totally agree that there's a serious problem about getting new readers. Taking the greatest X-Man, throwing her in a garbage series with lousy art and story, using the justification that it's for kids, and still charging $2.50 or more for the crap is definitely not going to solve anything. I certainly wouldn't mind if we went back to the days of newsprint and cut the cost in half. Three dollars a comic is a bit steep. If they were cheaper, not only would kids be able to read them, many of us would be reading more than the handfuls we're reading.

I will not concede and state that I liked AOA, though. I still think it was lousy. Decent premise, some great ideas regarding the characters, but horrid execution. It was not coincidence that I quit collecting comics altogether very shortly after that, and the X-Men titles were the first to go. Between them going from epic Claremont tales to epic crossovers not fit to use as toilet paper and GIJoe finally getting the axe, there didn't seem to be much left for me anymore.

I'll just remain in the minority on AOA, thankyaverymuch.

Thankfully Star Wars and the always enjoyable Mr Wayne changed my mind a couple of years later. ;)

evenflow
03-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Well BBTS got their ML 9, and they have chase figures pretty cheap (for them anyway) I sent my payment over for my pre-order of 9. I cant wait to finally get Galactus.

El Chuxter
03-30-2005, 02:04 PM
I found the entire series last night at K-Mart! They even had the chase figures! :D

Deathlok looks especially cool. I'm glad that, despite the bio and the images of the figure on the packaging, he's Deathlok II instead of that POS Deathlok I.

I can't wait to assemble Galactus. I'm not quite sure about doing so yet, though, since they only had Green Hulk. I'm debating leaving him carded. Since he is supposed to be a specific 1st Appearance Hulk, I want the gray one.

Beast
03-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Toy Biz's customer service website seems to have suffered a bit of an accident, as someone loaded a heap of figures into it that haven't even been confirmed yet. Take them all with salt of course, but there has to be a reason that they popped up on their site. Especially considering that it's an official site and not a fan one that just made a blunder. Most of them have been removed from the list, but someone was able to snag it. :)

Future Figures Revealed:

Maestro Hulk
2009 Daredevil
2099 Spiderman
Annihlus
Astonishing X-Men Wolverine
Beta Ray Bill Thor
Bishop
Blackheart
Captain Marvel
Classic Captain Marvel (variant)
Falcon
Iron Fist
Lady Deathstrike
Loki
LongShot
Manwolf
Powerman
Psylocke
Sasquach
Spider-Woman
Super Skull
The Blob
Wendigo
X-23

http://www.toybiz.com/cs.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
03-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah sound sinteresting, if this is legit i am looking forward to:

Maestro Hulk
Beta Ray Bill Thor
Bishop
Captain Marvel
Classic Captain Marvel (variant)
Falcon
Iron Fist
Loki
LongShot
Manwolf
Powerman
Sasquach
Spider-Woman
Super Skull
The Blob
Wendigo

Who is X-23?

Beast
03-30-2005, 07:41 PM
X-23 is a female clone (Don't worry, it's not that bad) of Wolverine that first appeared in X-Men Evolution. Since that show was cancelled, she's turned up in the Mainstream Marvel Universe. She current has an origin book entitled 'X-23', a couple appearances in 'NYX', and is a cast member of Chris Claremont's: 'Uncanny X-Men'. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
03-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Wow, that's quite a list!

Personally, I like all those choices and would buy every one. Beta Ray Bill, Cap Marvel (both ver), Loki, Maestro Hulk, and Super Skrull are the ones that I would look forward to the most though. I really hope they get made!

James Boba Fettfield
03-31-2005, 11:51 AM
I used to read SM 2099 . . . think that was also while I was reading Ben's little run as Spider-Man.

Bad comic times, right?

So I might out of some odd curiosity pick up SM 2099. Nostalgia, hell I would probably do the same if they did it with Scarlet Spider or Ben's version of the Spider-Man costume.

Sick, right, I know. I have (they're like 5 or 6 inch) figures of the SM 2099 and Ben Spider-Man figures from some years ago, so provided this list turns true I would most assuredly look for Spider-Man 2099.

evenflow
04-01-2005, 08:12 AM
X-23 is a female clone (Don't worry, it's not that bad) of Wolverine that first appeared in X-Men Evolution. Since that show was cancelled, she's turned up in the Mainstream Marvel Universe. She current has an origin book entitled 'X-23', a couple appearances in 'NYX', and is a cast member of Chris Claremont's: 'Uncanny X-Men'. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Interesting, i guess. Thanks for the info.

BlueSnags
04-06-2005, 12:45 PM
FYI for everyone who ordered from the Marvel Store a few months back.

Got this postcard in the mail today:

"Due to overwhelming response to our recent limited quantity clearance sales, the item(s) listed below are sold out and have been removed from your order. ALl of the items that are not listed below will be shipped to you shortly."

MRVL LGNDS 6" DEADPOOL
MRVL LGNDS 6" GOLIATH

Uh...yeah, unfortunately, those were the only two I ordered, so I'm not getting squat.

What a load of crap. Did anyone else get this P.O.S. in the mail yet? Or did anyone actually get any of the figures they ordered?

Blue Snag

Reefer Shark
04-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah... I never got an answer from my emails to them, but I did get that crappy post card a few days ago.

Mine says they cancelled Deadpool, Hawkeye, and Phoenix. Does that mean they're actually going to send me the Vision figure? I'm not holding my breath... :rolleyes:

Hellboy
04-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Mine says they cancelled Deadpool, Hawkeye, and Phoenix.

Reefer Shark, I might be able to help you out if you're still in need of these. I have an extra of all 3 if you're interested in a trade or just buying them, just throw me a PM if you are. :)

Reefer Shark
04-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the offer!!! I would love to take you up on that. You have a PM!:D

drsidious
04-13-2005, 01:56 AM
i want an onslaught with a lil
prof x you cn stick in his back
an a dopplganger spider-man with 48 points of articulation
an a good carnage

El Chuxter
04-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Nothing personal, but I think I would stop collecting these altogether if they made those four. I'd rather see Stegron the Dinosaur Man done Legends style than any of those.

evenflow
04-13-2005, 09:47 PM
I have to disagree I would love a Doppelganger figure. It would be pretty cool, Onslaught would be a nice addition as well.

drsidious
04-14-2005, 01:35 AM
heck id even buy a mojo figure if it looked good enough

El Chuxter
04-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Now Mojo I would love to have. But not that Liefeld "creation" Mojo IV.

Beast
04-14-2005, 12:36 PM
You mean Mojo II? Because there has only been Mojo I, Mojo II, and Mojo V. :)

http://www.mutanthigh.com/mojo.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
04-17-2005, 02:17 PM
I found all of the Galactus wave this last week at various TRU's, so I picked 'em up and cancelled my pre-order for the case.

I put Galactus together, and I have to say he is very nice. He has an impressive amount of detail, and has the great ML articulation that we are used to. He may be a little short for Galactus, but he is big enough to get the message accross. I think he would go even better with the upcoming 4" line, but I'm not sure I'm going to collect those yet...

Now on to the Sentinel wave!

LTBasker
04-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Congrats, I too finally found freshly stocked Galactus wave figs. Only one case's worth, but lucked out and got Green Hulk and smilie Bullseye! Someone already grabbed two War Machines but there was a third there fortunately, and two Deathloks in that case. So now all I have to find are extras of Green Hulk, smilie Bullseye and War Machine.

And the bonus? THEY WERE ALL IN GOOD SHAPE! Like I mentioned before, the first Galactus figures I found looked like they had made friends with a sledge hammer. Fortunately I never bought those and they were only in layaway, I'm definitely cancelling that one.

Hellboy
04-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Seems this line is finally starting to show up in greater numbers. It still sells out whenever a case gets put out around my area but at least this last wave seems to be getting shipped pretty regularly. Must be the fact that they want everybody to have a chance to collect the entire wave so they can assemble a Galactus. I even found my first chase figures in the green Hulk and Farscape's Scorpius, oops I mean Bullseye. ;)

LTBasker
04-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah, the quick sell-out is a problem since most stores only get one case in (and there are people like me who collect 2 of each..).

However I'm glad that at least the variants are easy to find, I can't stand the look of grey hulk past having him carded. Definitely not someone I would want to display with my loose collection, but Green Hulk is very cool looking to me even though I'm not a Hulk fan. If it weren't for Galactus, I wouldn't have gotten Hulk, Deathlok, Dr. Strange or War Machine.

At least with the upcoming Hulkbuster Iron-Man I'll have a use for Hulk. War Machine is the only other one I don't mind getting because he's just flat-out awesome in person. The other two, even though they've grown on me, will be staying in the back of any display. :p

Jedibill
04-17-2005, 05:34 PM
I found all the galactus series friday at wal-mart no variants ut thats ok just glad to find the basic figures on another note I stopped by my local wal-mart today and found 2 deadpools and a hawkeye thats all they had and there from two differant series but thats ok this is the first time Ive even seen Deadpool was ganna get him off Ebay but looks like my luck is returning. :)

evenflow
04-20-2005, 07:11 PM
heck id even buy a mojo figure if it looked good enough

I would buy one too. Hell I want a M.O.D.O.K.

bearauto
05-09-2005, 08:38 PM
I just picked up the Galactus set, and Galactus really is great. The middle part of his skirt/kilt pulls a little too much to the right, but other than that, the detail is incredible.

War Machine has to be my favorite out of all these, particularly because he comes with a stand to simulate him flying.

Prof X is pretty much a waste of plastic, and so is Dr. Strange.

drsidious
05-10-2005, 12:54 AM
the galactus is sweet
to bad the only think even close to scale, besides heroclix, is mini-mates
he does look sweet fighin the fantastic four tho

evenflow
05-11-2005, 01:53 PM
I think the build a figure is the best thing they have done. I really hope they continue to do this. Series 11 looks so boring since it doesnt have a pack in now.

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Yeah I wish Toy Biz would've stuck with the build-a-figure idea instead of going with the ride-on vehicle accessory we're getting in Series 11. I mean do Hulk-Buster Iron Man and Ultron really need a glider to get around. :stupid:

Speaking of Series 11 I'm actually not to impressed with most of the offerings. I usually pick up the majority of the figures from each series but I'm only interested in Wonder Man/Yellow Jacket, Scarlet Witch and the Taskmaster this time around. If I never see another Wolverine, Iron Man or Ghost Rider figure in the ML line I'd be a happy collector, enough already.

Beast
05-11-2005, 02:57 PM
There are more Build-A-Figures planned for future assortments. One of the ones being kicked around is Onslaught. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Thats cool, nice to see they haven't abondoned the idea completely, even though I have no interest in an Onslaught figure. :) One of the weakest storylines and lamest villains in X-Universe history as far as I'm concerned.

El Chuxter
05-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Onslaught? Please tell me the wave he's in will be:

Mojo II
Stegron the Dinosaur Man
Stilt-Man
Scarlett Spider
Silvermane
The Owl
Rob Liefeld

darthvyn
05-11-2005, 04:51 PM
saw jim rhodes, aka war machine today at wal*mart. pretty cool looking figure! i can't start another collection, but he's pretty tempting...

evenflow
05-12-2005, 11:53 AM
There are more Build-A-Figures planned for future assortments. One of the ones being kicked around is Onslaught. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

First I heard about them considering Onslaight, i dont really remember him being that big. I remember him being large, but hot like Galactus of a Sentinel. I really want Uatu the Watcher! Fin Fang Foom woul dbe nice too.

drsidious
05-13-2005, 12:47 AM
he was big, but they dont really need to make the build-a-fig huge.
an they could maybe split it up between 4 of the six figs in the line.

Jedibill
05-17-2005, 12:22 PM
I no this is not a marvel legend figure but I thought he was pretty cool maybe the best looking Venom figure I have seen so far Its a 12in Deluxe Action Figure in a open box 27 Points of Articulation, Nice. theres also a Spider-man version 27 points also.

Ji'dai
05-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah, that Venom caught my eye as I walked down the figure aisle in K-Mart today. He's got some nasty green drool coming out of his mouth.

drsidious
05-18-2005, 12:40 AM
k-mart is the only place ive seen that fig.
and i think the mysterio is sweet as heck

Reefer Shark
05-18-2005, 12:48 AM
It's too bad they didn't make a regular sized Venom figure like that.:Ogre:

I found Mysterio at TRU today, and I agree - definitely a sweet figure.

plasticfetish
05-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Speaking of Spiderman, I saw about 7 or 8 Sandman figures at Wal*Mart tonight. What-the-heck? All of a sudden this one's becoming a peg warmer. :confused:

-----

In other news. Hey... I'm looking to trade some carded variant figures for some of the ML7 figures that I couldn't find. I have Series 9 Bullseye variant, Series 6 Cable Variant, and Series 6 Wolverine variant. I need Vision, Hawkeye and Apocalypse. Want a straight one for one swap -- I'll be opening them, so the bubble doesn't need to be perfect, just the figues inside. (PM me if you're up for it... and, uh... I'd like these to go to someone with a post count of at least 2. ;) )

drsidious
05-18-2005, 05:36 AM
sandman and the scorpion (which is also great) around here.
now if i can just get a sin eater a vermin and a carrion.
YA HEAR ME TOY BIZ I WANT A CARRION!!!
and a sin eater , i guess i can live with the vermin i have for now.
and a want a good hobgoblin. non demonic.
ana jack-o-lantern, and a blood rose, a good kingpin,
most of these id take at mini-mates too .
but im streachin an this list could go on fer dayz an dayzzzz.
oh i think my brother just smoked my man thing.
o god dont take that outta context, HA.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Speaking of Spiderman, I saw about 7 or 8 Sandman figures at Wal*Mart tonight. What-the-heck? All of a sudden this one's becoming a peg warmer. :confused:

Toybiz started doing all Villian cases this past month or two. I don't know what the case ratio was, but it's making villians FAR easier to find, which is great.

I found the Mysterio today thanks to my comic shop and I'm really impressed. Great figure!

Hellboy
05-25-2005, 06:44 PM
I found the Mysterio today thanks to my comic shop and I'm really impressed. Great figure!

I found this figure too but passed. I just couldn't get past that huge button/lever action feature, otherwise it looked nice. :dis:

plasticfetish
05-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure that I'm down with the button thing on Mysterio either. I'm sure I'll give in though.
Toybiz started doing all Villian cases this past month or two. I don't know what the case ratio was, but it's making villians FAR easier to find, which is great.Ahhh... yeah it is great. It'd be nice if they'd put out a few more of the hard to find Hulk figures also -- Absorbing Man, Abomination -- but we'll never see that happen.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure that I'm down with the button thing on Mysterio either. I'm sure I'll give in though.Ahhh... yeah it is great. It'd be nice if they'd put out a few more of the hard to find Hulk figures also -- Absorbing Man, Abomination -- but we'll never see that happen.

I read a while back that Abomination, Absorbing Man and the original ideas for the 3rd wave of the Hulk Classics might make their way into the Marvel Legends someday. I was lucky enough to get both from very good folks i know. Keep yoru eyes peeled, you can find them cheap on e-bay from time to time! :D

plasticfetish
05-26-2005, 12:52 AM
The KB near me has been dumping huge numbers of Hulk figures into their clearance bin lately. I'm just hoping that one time I'll go in and get lucky... or there's eBay. :neutral:

LTBasker
05-26-2005, 03:42 AM
Actually those two are coming out in 2-packs for the Spider-Man line, IIRC.

evenflow
06-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Those 2-packs have been in the works, but still nothing on them. I wouldnt be surprised if they never came out. I was lucky enough to pick up my Absorbing Man at KB one day, but i had to resort to ebay for Abomination.

megaprime33
06-15-2005, 02:11 PM
The KB near me has been dumping huge numbers of Hulk figures into their clearance bin lately. I'm just hoping that one time I'll go in and get lucky... or there's eBay. :neutral:
I actually saw the same thing at my local KB. I saw a bunch of them for like 4.99 I believe. I did see one I wanted when the line came out, the smart hulk, but I passed on it. I..I just don't have any room. :(

evenflow
06-16-2005, 09:14 AM
The re-releases have been helpful. I picked up Smart Hulk, Joe Fixit, and Cyclops. I wish I could find an Archangel.

Darth Cruel
06-23-2005, 03:14 PM
My local Target has ML on sale for 2.99! I just picked up the entire Galactus series (without chases) for about 22.60. That rocks! Now I feel like I can put out a little extra on Ebay to get the chases and still meet my goal of not spending more than normal shelf price, on average, for each figure.

Hellboy
06-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah I noticed the $2.99 price reduction the other day as well and picked up a full set. I then proceeded to return them at another store using my old full price receipts. :greedy:

I couldn't think of any reason why I shouldn't take advantage of the savings too. :D

Rocketboy
06-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Whoa whoa whoa!
Some Target actually restock their Marvel Legends???

The two near me have been either bare or Nick Fury laden (still).

CaptainSolo1138
06-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Has anyone completed Galactus? I was wondering how well it looked when put together.

El Chuxter
06-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Freaking awesome!! :D

Seriously, that's about all I can say about Galactus without slipping into fanboy idiocy.

CaptainSolo1138
06-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Freaking awesome!! :D

Seriously, that's about all I can say about Galactus without slipping into fanboy idiocy.
Thanks, Chux! I don't pay too much attention to the Marvel figures so I just noticed these the other day. I think it's a really cool idea.

LTBasker
06-24-2005, 01:06 PM
I just completed Galactus the other day, and he was definitely worth having to get Dr. Strange and Deathlok for. If you don't really care for Hulk, I suggest getting Green Hulk in order to complete Galactus. It just looks alot better than the grey hulk...and Green Hulk's pretty easy to get.

Anyhoo, Galactus. He's ALOT larger than I figured he would. He has some trouble standing though, that could just be mine's connection at the legs. I think I may reassemble him later. He really looks cool even when he's just standing there. The blue on his costumes is almost chrome like, but it's not like 3PO's. It's just REALLY glossy and looks good. I can't believe the detail that actually went into it, they even sculpted some wierd pupils on him.

El Chuxter
06-24-2005, 01:55 PM
I just completed Galactus the other day, and he was definitely worth having to get Dr. Strange and Deathlok for.

Wha? :eek: "Having to get" Deathlok? I can see saying that about Dr Stupid (no offense to the far superior Stimpson J Cat character of the same name), but Deathlok? Man, he rocks!

If it were the incredibly stupid Deathlok #1 or Deathlok #3, maybe. But Deathlok #2 would completely atomize you for saying that if he weren't a pacifist scientist. :p

LTBasker
06-24-2005, 10:36 PM
The character design has kinda grown on me, but since I really don't know anything about him he's really not very interesting to me. And the figure itself is disappointing, it's one of the few I've gotten that has really loose joints right out of the package. In order to have him upright, I had to put him crouched on one knee.

Reefer Shark
07-03-2005, 01:07 PM
In case anybody missed them, the last Toybiz X-Men 2 wave has showed up at one of my local KB's. Now's the chance to grab an Iceman and Magneto for $4.99.

I finally got the "street fight Logan". After opening it, I'm pretty impressed. It's a very nice figure, and for once the action feature works well and doesn't look lame.

plasticfetish
07-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Saw the first wave of those little 4" game (whatever they're called) figures yesterday, and truth be told, they look pretty cool. I'm thinking about grabbing a Doc Ock, but for the most part I don't really need to be collecting from yet another line...

BlueSnags
07-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Either wave 6 and 7 are still shipping, or some old figures made their way from a hiding place in the back today (maybe part of an employee stash for themselves or a local scalper). Scored a Dark Phoenix, Phasing Vision, Deadpool, Goliath, and Phasing Ghost Rider this morning at Wal-Mart.

They also had Hawkeye, Regular Vision, Juggernaut and Regular Phoenix (which were quickly snapped up by the Hot Wheels scalpers). Two Samurai Wolvies remained. No sign of the #129 Punisher.

-Blue Snags

LTBasker
07-09-2005, 08:23 PM
I shall comence hurting and robbing you. :p

Definitely sounds like a stash, what're the chances of ML6 and ML7 chase cases showing up at the same time so randomly?

Well, I guess it could happen. Still. I wish it were signs of a new case assortment but that's really doubtful.

Rocketboy
07-09-2005, 09:44 PM
I saw a series 1 Captain America yesterday. Kinda odd.

LTBasker
07-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Did it have the comic or the foil thing? My wal-mart got a case of the foil rereleases in awhile ago. Human Torch, ML1 Captain America and ML4 Punisher mostly...

Jedibill
07-10-2005, 01:16 PM
I found Variant Captain America and Blond Black Widow at Wal-Mart Friday they also had Thing Doc Ock Iron man Iceman and Reg Storm all comic book versions but the Storm has been hanging there for awhile so i was surprised to find the others.

Eternal Padawan
07-10-2005, 04:43 PM
They can't put these things out fast enough for me. 10 waves a year Toybiz! :D Just ease back on the variants and chase figures ( and by ease back I mean stop). These later waves are cool because their gettinginto the more obscure Marvel characters. The first few waves were gimmes in terms of popularity ( Cap? Iron Man?) but now were getting Taskmasters and Deathloks and Omega Reds making some fans scream "AWESOME!" and others go "WTF?? Where's [Character X]? Why did they make [Character Y] before making [Character Z]???"

It makes for good chatting.

RooJay
07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Those 4" Marvel figures sure do look cool, but I noticed that even though they're basically the same as the ML figures only less than half the size - they're only a dollar cheaper! At one nearby TRU they were even the same price as the regular ML!!! Not only that, but all they come with are a few pieces of junk to play the game with - they're not even accessories. Even the Ghost Rider figure, whose ML figure came with his motorcycle, has not a single accessory at the same price. What're ToyBiz trying to pull?! I was really looking forward to this line until I saw the outrageous (and wholly unjustified) price they were asking for them. There's absolutely no way I can afford to collect both them and ML figures at that price point. They should've been no more than $5.99 tops!

I was really hoping to seem some nice Marvel boxed sets with this line - a big box of Avengers with Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Black Widow (or Warbird) would've been awesome. At the price they have these figures set at that would work out to about $60+.

Very shady... :mad:

LTBasker
07-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Big news in pictures from comic con:

ML11 no longer "Legendary riders" but a second doing of the Sentinel, (un)fortunately it doesn't look like they're going to resculpt the Sentinel but just give people two chances to get it.
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2005_SDCC%2FToy_Biz%2FMarvel_Legends&pic=100_3682.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

They also fixed the head on Ultron in ML11.
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2005_SDCC%2FToy_Biz%2FMarvel_Legends&pic=100_3692.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

They're releasing an AWESOME 12" Green Goblin
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2005_SDCC%2FToy_Biz%2FMarvel_Legends&pic=100_3662.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

best freaking news of all though:
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2005_SDCC%2FToy_Biz%2FMarvel_Legends&pic=100_3665.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
ML6 and ML7 figures are now shipping in wal-mart exclusive cases with CHASE figures as regular figures!
The assortment is: Deadpool, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, Brown Wolvie, Juggernaut (I think he's being repainted), Vision, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Phasing Ghost Rider, Phasing Vision and Goliath.

Unfortunately I guess that means all but 1 figure will be 1 per case, but it's better than nothing! Hopefully they'll have their same packages as before so we don't have to worry about variation hunters.

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2005_SDCC%2FToy_Biz%2FMarvel_Legends&pic=100_3660.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
Build-An-Apocalypse will be a new ML series for ML12. They only have one figure pictured with him, but he looks alot better than the ML7 release!

BlueSnags
07-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Big news in pictures from comic con:

best freaking news of all though:
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2005_SDCC%2FToy_Biz%2FMarvel_Legends&pic=100_3665.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
ML6 and ML7 figures are now shipping in wal-mart exclusive cases with CHASE figures as regular figures!
The assortment is: Deadpool, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, Brown Wolvie, Juggernaut (I think he's being repainted), Vision, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Phasing Ghost Rider, Phasing Vision and Goliath.

Aha! This is the wave that I found at Wal-mart last weekend (see my previous post) - the mystery is solved. I was wondering why all those variants were together in the same wave...now I know! :)

Snags

evenflow
07-15-2005, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=LTBasker]Big news in pictures from comic con:

ML11 no longer "Legendary riders" but a second doing of the Sentinel, (un)fortunately it doesn't look like they're going to resculpt the Sentinel but just give people two chances to get it.
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2005_SDCC%2FToy_Biz%2FMarvel_Legends&pic=100_3682.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

QUOTE]

I think that was labeled wrong. They are back to being Legendary riders.

LTBasker
07-15-2005, 05:12 PM
I think that was labeled wrong. They are back to being Legendary riders.

That wouldn't make sense, they label them right at ToyFair and give them all vehicles, but then they have a different label at Comic Con and only give vehicles to Thing and Wolverine? And have two Sentinels displayed?

It would make sense for them to change it from Legendary Riders which was having tons of poor feedback to a second Sentinel series.

evenflow
07-15-2005, 06:20 PM
That wouldn't make sense, they label them right at ToyFair and give them all vehicles, but then they have a different label at Comic Con and only give vehicles to Thing and Wolverine? And have two Sentinels displayed?

It would make sense for them to change it from Legendary Riders which was having tons of poor feedback to a second Sentinel series.

Well i am pretty sure i read that Jesse falcon said it was amistake and that it would not be including a Sentinel, it remains riders.

LTBasker
07-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Hmm, if you find where you read it please post. It would bite if it wasn't a second sentinel series...

evenflow
07-16-2005, 12:04 PM
It has been confirmed over at TNI and AFT that it was a type-o. Sorry man.

Wave 13 sound spromising though, a villians wave. The chase maskless Green Goblin looks awesome!

LTBasker
07-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks. Oiy, that sucks but at least it was settled somewhat quickly. It's so nice to know ToyBiz is full of people who don't notice the difference between "Sentinel Series" and "Legendary Riders." :p

plasticfetish
07-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Well i am pretty sure i read that Jesse falcon said it was amistake and that it would not be including a Sentinel, it remains riders.Just a quick one...

As I was standing there, talking to them about what was on display (and how great it all looked), they mentioned the mistake.

The big Apocalypse looks amazing BTW. :)

BlueSnags
07-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Looks like Target is getting the "Wal-Mart Exclusive" Marvel Legends pack, minus the variants.

Hit Target this morning and cracked open a case with the following ratio (as best I could tell): 1 Juggernaut, 2x Deadpool, 2x Ghost Rider, 2x Vision, 2x Phoenix, 1x Brown Wolverine, 2x Hawkeye. NO variants, just the regular versions. Strangely enough, the box read "Marvel Legends - Wal-mart case." I ended up picking up an extra Phoenix and the empty box - left the others.

-Snags

Beast
07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
I came across this assortment list, figured I'd pass it on. Remember, it's still a rumor until they finally confirm who's in each series. But these character choices do fit the list of names that accidentally slipped out from Toy Biz.

Series 12:

Astonishing X-Men Wolverine
"Maestro" Hulk
Sasquatch
Bishop
Iron Fist
X - 23

16" build it yourself Apocalypse

Variants: Wolverine, Bishop, and Iron Fist

Series 13:

Green Goblin
Abomination
Blackheart
Pyro
Loki
Lady Deathstrike

16" build it yourself Onslaught

Variants: Loki, Green goblin, and Abomination

El Chuxter
07-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Onslaught is a bad idea, but Bishop, Maestro, and Iron Fist rock the hizzy! :D

Iron Fist would be an obvious choice for a variant chase figure, as his doppelganger (who took over for the last 10-25 issues of the PM&IF series) wore the same costume, only in red.

RooJay
07-27-2005, 09:58 PM
I don't know, I'm seeing an awful lot of characters for whom the term "Legend" isn't exactly the best title. There are so many other characters who actually fit the bill that we still haven't got. I mean c'mon - Pyro, Blackheart, X-23?! :confused:
Plus, they finally give us Iron Fist and we still ain't getting his buddy in the following assortment? Sweet Christmas, what's up with that?!

Beast
07-27-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't know, I'm seeing an awful lot of characters for whom the term "Legend" isn't exactly the best title. There are so many other characters who actually fit the bill that we still haven't got. I mean c'mon - Pyro, Blackheart, X-23?! :confused:
Plus, they finally give us Iron Fist and we still ain't getting his buddy in the following assortment? Sweet Christmas, what's up with that?!
I like the idea of X-23, since she's a fairly intresting new character. The big question remains, why Scarlet Witch in ML11, yet no Quicksilver listed for ML12 or ML13. :p

El Chuxter
07-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah, we definitely need a Cage (though I prefer "Power Man" in full pimped-out regalia myself). Misty and Shang Chi would go well with Iron Fist, too. (And there's a Shang Chi film in the pipeline, so he wouldn't surprise me.)

jjreason
07-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Coming right from Mr. 70s himself, I'm surprised you didn't include Jessica Drew in the red getup on your list. :)

I would get Shang Chi for sure, and would be even more excited if they offered a varant or chase figure of his nemesis, the heinous White Tiger! The could both come with half of that amulet around their necks - that would be AWESOME.

El Chuxter
07-28-2005, 11:29 AM
I think they should resculpt Cable and make a "Liefeld-Accurate Cable" with huge honking thighs and teeny tiny pointy widdle feet, not to mention random squiggles all over his body. He could come with a pack-in of Liefeld holding himself like he just got kicked really hard.

RooJay
07-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Ooh! OOH! How 'bout this? How 'bout a Heroes for Hire boxed set with an Iron Fist variant, Power Man, Misty Knight, Shang Chi, White Tiger and classic Sabretooth?! That'd be awesome if ya ask me!

El Chuxter
07-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Ooh! OOH! How 'bout this? How 'bout a Heroes for Hire boxed set with an Iron Fist variant, Power Man, Misty Knight, Shang Chi, White Tiger and classic Sabretooth?! That'd be awesome if ya ask me!

"Awesome" doesn't begin to cut it for me. I'd be dancing in the streets if they announced this.

The only thing cooler would be if Toybiz bought the rights for ROM: Spaceknight and packed him in the "Obscure But Cool Heroes" boxed set with Sleepwalker and Darkhawk.

jjreason
07-29-2005, 01:14 PM
I would have though Chux would have customized an Austin Powers Foxy Cleopatra figure to have Misty Knight by now.......

K-Billy's Super Hits of the 70's boxed set should include that bullet-head Nova, Son of Satan, and a Man-Thing repaint. Nothing I'd like more than a much bigger Man-Thing...........

El Chuxter
07-29-2005, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=jjreason]I would have though Chux would have customized an Austin Powers Foxy Cleopatra figure to have Misty Knight by now.......QUOTE]

Dude, until now she wouldn't have an Iron Fist to make out with!

evenflow
07-29-2005, 08:44 PM
I have never heard of X-23, and i am sure it is not a Legend. I am not too impressed.

Reefer Shark
07-29-2005, 09:37 PM
The only thing cooler would be if Toybiz bought the rights for ROM: Spaceknight and packed him in the "Obscure But Cool Heroes" boxed set with Sleepwalker and Darkhawk.

I like the idea of ROM: Spaceknight, he really would make a cool figure! Instead of "Obscure characters" though, I'd like to see him in a "Knights" box set with Rom: Spaceknight, Moon Knight, and Black Knight from the Avengers. :cool:

I found some new Spider-Man classics figures today at Wal-Mart. I picked up the "Buzzing Beetle", "Tail Strike Scorpion" (variant), and "web Trap Spider-Man (black and silver armored spider-man):

----
The Spider Man pretty much sucks, he looks kinda neat though I guess with the black and silver armor, and I do remember seeing that armor in a spidey book many years ago...

He has very poor articulation. He also has that permanently fixed "missle firing arm". Didn't really notice that when I bought it. If I did, I probably would have passed on it.
----
Scorpion is the exact same as the previous release, just with a different paint job - he's now a dark, metallic green, and they painted over his mouth and nose area, so it looks kinda like a ninja or ski-mask.
----
The Beetle figure rocks. Definitely the best of the bunch. He's a huge monster of a figure, with great articulation and detail. His action features are "beetle buzz" and light up eyes. He has a clear sculpted head underneath the helmet, and the head lights up red. You can only see the lit up face through his helmet visor. It's very well done IMO, and it looks great.

Another cool thing about the light up feature is that it's actually a switch. You can turn it on and it stays on until you turn it off. I wish they did that with all toys that have light up features!

The buzz feature is a wind up mechanism that you crank, then push a button. Apparently it vibrates his wings, and makes a buzzing noise. I couldn't tell you if that works because the knob broke right off when I took it out of the package :( I guess ToyBiz will always have those quality control issues...

Hellboy
07-29-2005, 11:03 PM
I wish they would've removed the action feature from Scorpion's tail. :dis:

I was planning on passing up The Beetle because of the action feature but after reading your comments Reefer he doesn't sound like he's to bad so I will at least check him out before making my decision final.

BTW, love the "Knights" idea. :cool:

Reefer Shark
07-30-2005, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I'm with you. I don't even know who this character is. Never seen him in any comics (but then again, I don't read too much Spidey stuff these days). I was gonna pass, but couldn't resist when I saw him in person.

Cool thing about the Beetle - his actions features do not interfere with his articulation at all. If I ever find another one, I'm gonna buy it and return my broken one...

evenflow
07-30-2005, 11:01 AM
FOund the new SPider-Man wave, minus Beetle of course :( I picked up the armored Spidey, not that great but since i remember it from the comics i figured why not.

I would love to see an obscure characters box set, for me it would have to be Moon Knight, Sleep Walker, Dark Hawk, Beta Ray Bill, Shang Chi, and Pip.

Beast
08-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Toy Globe has a couple new ML Boxsets listed for the future.

Marvel Legends: Young Avengers Gift Pack
Marvel Legends: Monster Gift Pack

$39.95 each. I'm gonna assume that the YA set has Patriot, Iron Lad, Hulkling, Asgardian, Titan, and Kate Bishop. Maybe a variant will substatute Iron Lad with Vision Lad. :)

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/benriely/youngavengers.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
08-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Not sure who would be int he Monster set, but it is probably more interestingt han Young Avengers.

evenflow
08-09-2005, 09:32 PM
It seems that X-23 is confirmed in the latest toyfair. I never heard of her but it looks like those latest lists for 12 & 13 may be accurate.

On a side note, i have never seen this pic before but i have to say they look awesome! I hope we get them in the mix soon.

Maestro & Hulk (http://www.animepunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5018)

RooJay
08-10-2005, 10:08 PM
They do look pretty cool, but...man - enough with the Hulks already! How many angry, green, muscle guys do they think we need?! :stupid: Maestro excepted.

I'm betting (if it turns out to be true) that a monsters box set might include any of the likes of Werewolf By Night, Zombie, maybe a re-released Man-Thing and Morbius from Spider-Man Classics, Dracula (how cool would that one be?), Frankenstein's Monster, Gargoyle (a personal favorite), Moon-Wolf, Living Mummy, and so on. We should all hope that they don't decide to throw in yet another angry, green, muscle guy in purple pants.
I imagine a monsters box set could also include guys like Fin Fang Foom and his gigantic peers; those particular characters would be much cooler as part of the build a character concept. Speaking of, here's a list of characters that'd be great for that kind of deal just in case anyone at ToyBiz is reading this:

Fin Fang Foom
Atlas (Thunderbolts)
Living Monolith
Ultimate Giant-Man
MU Giant-Man (a real ML version this time)
Surtur
Terminus
Living Monolith

Reefer Shark
08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I like the idea of a build a Fin Fang Foom, that would be pretty sweet!

---

I noticed this the other day, and for some reason it didn't dawn on me until now to post it :stupid: - Walmart.com has the FF4 exclusive boxed set right now for $19.99. For me, after shipping and tax it was $26.14. Ordered on Sunday, and it showed up today!

Here's a link --- click the evil smiley --> :evil: (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=4016233)

Reefer Shark
08-13-2005, 01:01 PM
It looks like the HTF Hulk Classics Abomination and Absorbing Man have been re-released in two packs with Spidey. I will finally be able to score that elusive Abomination figure - sweet! It looks like the only difference is that his rocket accessory is not included this time around (no big loss IMO).

Here's a link to one on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Spider-Man-Classic-Clashes-Abomination-2pk_W0QQitemZ5991900311QQcategoryZ16473QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem). Does anyone know if and what retail stores these will be sold at? I would much rather snag one at a store for $12.99 than on ebay for almost $30 after shipping.

Rocketboy
08-13-2005, 08:32 PM
I've already seen these Spidey 2 packs on clearance at Target.
Can't remember which ones though (except The Punisher one).

evenflow
08-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Abomination is rumored to be included in an upcoming Legends Wave as well. I dont think we need another one, but if it turns out to be true, i hope this one is in scale.

Reefer Shark
08-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I've already seen these Spidey 2 packs on clearance at Target.
Can't remember which ones though (except The Punisher one).

A Punisher one? That's cool, I didn't know that existed. I wonder if there are any more??

The only one I've ever seen is the Doc Ock/Spidey one - which sat on the shelves forever, and is currently on clearance at all my local Targets as well. After seeing that, I would be very suprised if Target carried these new 2-packs.

Abomination is rumored to be included in an upcoming Legends Wave as well. I dont think we need another one, but if it turns out to be true, i hope this one is in scale.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... Ah well, knowing Toybiz, it will be the exact same scuplt. Mabye with some different paint deco or something...

Rocketboy
08-14-2005, 09:52 PM
A Punisher one? That's cool, I didn't know that existed. I wonder if there are any more?? Yeah, I guess it's a new-ish Target exclusive.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Stumbled across yet even MORE new Spidey classics. Got the new Scorpion and Beetle, even though i got two of him off amazon.

That being said, anybody need a Buzzing Beetle? Drop me a line if interested.

I don't get why they would toss Abomy in a two pack with Spidey!?! Did they even meet in teh comics?!!? Good job on that one, toybiz! :thumbsup:

Reefer Shark
08-16-2005, 12:49 AM
That Beetle's a great figure. You gonna bust it out? If you do, be careful with the knob on his back. Mine fell right off when I took it out of the package. I cant do the "buzzing" action. :cry:

Yeah, I don't know about the Spidey w/Abomination either.. it just doesn't seem right for some reason. Obviously the Hulk would have made more sense, but honestly I don't care either way - I really just want a damn Abomination figure already!! The Spidey repack can go directly into the trash bin for all I care. :yes:

El Chuxter
08-16-2005, 11:56 AM
It's Marvel. Every hero has fought every villain at one point or another. Except for Longshot vs Stegron. I doubt that match-up has occurred.

evenflow
08-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Saw this on another board -

"SPIDER-MAN CLASSIC SERIES 16 ACTION FIGURES
Continuing the hit series of 6" figures based on the adventures of everyone's favorite non- mutant superhero. Scheduled to include: Spider-strength Spider-Man, Shark Trap
Spider-Man, Spider Tracer Spider-Man, Venom, and Manwolf. Scheduled to ship in
January 2006. (49/72180) (CAUT: 3 & 4) NOTE: This item is sold to retailers in case
lots. Please check with your retailer for availability. NOTE: Available only in the United
States, Canada, and U.S. Territories.
Figure SRP: $11.50Ea."

BlueSnags
08-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Anyone know when wave 10 is supposed to show up? I saw a local Walmart got THREE more cases of wave 9 today (and was able to grab a Green Hulk variant).

Snags

El Chuxter
08-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Shark Trap Spider-Man?

"Quickly, Mary Jane! The Spider-Shark Repellent!" :eek:

evenflow
08-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Well I am loving Super Skrull, Annhilus, and Man-Wolf is pretty cool. I dont know too much info on Impossible Man but i love me a pack in figure. I hope we get some more characters in FF classics.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-07-2005, 01:59 AM
got my first two Sentinel figures tonight from BBTS: Variants of Cyclops and Angel and they look marvelous. The Angel figure weighs like 4 pounds, I kid you not. I picked it up and nearly dropped it as I wasn't expecting that much weight on it. I can't wait to get the rest of'em in a few days! HH! :whip:

evenflow
09-07-2005, 10:35 AM
I am still waiting on my pre-order ser from BBTS. I cant wait to get it though. 11 is a sleeper though, the lack of a build a figure sucks!

Jedibill
09-17-2005, 10:38 AM
I found 1st Appearance Spider-Man and Black Panther today at TRU thats all they had but atleast I found something.

Reefer Shark
09-17-2005, 11:08 AM
I spotted a whole endcap full of Spider-Man Fearsome Foes boxed sets at Wal-Mart yesterday (the one w/Vulture, new rhino, etc...). They looked great, and were priced at $32.99.

LTBasker
09-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Found Mystique and Spider-Man yesterday at Target, sadly missed the others. Also found a Phoenix on the pegs today at Wal-Mart! I about died when I saw her, somewhat disappointed though since they didn't have any of the others that were supposed to be in best of. Hard to imagine her getting left behind though, I'm thinking she was a return. You'd think if either of the best of assortments had been there that someone like Vision would've been left behind.

I never thought I'd be sad to see a supply of a recent ML series, but I'm actually tired of seeing ML9. The local Wal-Mart has at least 3 cases worth of ML9 out. 6 pegs overflowing, ML9 littered on the shelf below the pegs and then a whole stack on the very top of the aisle.

DarthBrandon
09-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I picked up the whole set from ML 10 yesterday, kick a** assortment I might add. My son will be happy X-mas morning & so will I, just being able to play with them for a few minutes is good enough for me.;) They also had the best of series at the local comic shop (i.e. Vision etc.), I passed as I already bought them for Brandon a while ago.

evenflow
09-23-2005, 08:24 AM
Scarlet Witch on ebay

Scarlet Witch (http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Legends-Scarlet-Witch-Rare-Chase_W0QQitemZ6000513144QQcategoryZ113026QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-23-2005, 09:45 PM
I picked up the figures from amazingtoyz.com as I have no intention of fighting crowds for them. Brief thoughts:

Angel- same as the variant, minus, the uh, variation. still a great figure though. His wings look terrific.

Mystique- this figure is alright, nothing spectacular, but still a good figure. She seems a bit too thin and fragile and I dno't like that joint in her stomach as it looks funky.

Spidey- looks like one of the figures from the movie line (s). SP, nice coloring job though.

Cyclops- good figure and both variants are well done.

now, onto the mack daddy's of the wave:

MR. SINISTER- This figure is pretty awesome and looks a lot like his comic counterpart. His face looks pretty awesome and they did a great job on capturing his "sinister" appearance.

Omega Red- this could possibly be the BEST figure TB has ever done in the line, ever. The detail on the figure is tremendous and he just looks very well done. I'm a MOC guy, so I don't know how they play out, but the tentacles are a nice addition andl ook pretty good as well. I just love everything about this figure.

anyway, there you have it.

evenflow
09-30-2005, 08:18 PM
According to a post over at TNI, there are drawings of the upcoming FF classics wave and it includes Kang & Dragon Man and an pretty cool looking Johnny Storm with Flame attachments. Of course dont forget about the Super Skrull!

DarthBrandon
09-30-2005, 09:33 PM
I picked up Wonder Man & Ultron today from ML11, still looking for Taskmaster & Scarlet Witch from this assortment. Awesome figures.:thumbsup:

aharry
10-01-2005, 12:41 AM
I think I've read on the Superhero Hype boards that Scarlet Witch was cancelled as ToyBiz was not happy with the final product. She is to be pushed back to a later assortment.

DarthBrandon
10-01-2005, 04:52 AM
I think I've read on the Superhero Hype boards that Scarlet Witch was cancelled as ToyBiz was not happy with the final product. She is to be pushed back to a later assortment.

Yeah, I heard that too, but I still hold out hope that she will show up in one of these new assortments. If not I'll get the better version later.:D

Beast
10-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey guys. Haven't been around for a bit, due to dealing with family problems. But I saw these pictures and just had to share with you guys. It's pictures of the upcoming Marvel Legends 12, 13, SMC, and X-Men 3 Figures. X-Men 3 figures have really got me happy that they're going classic apeman Beast with a bit of the Ultimate look thrown in. Coolness!! The army builder figures in Marvel Legends 13 is also a brilliant move. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/MarvelLegends12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/MarvelLegends13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Spider-ManClassics.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Spider-ManClassics2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/X-Men3Figures.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/X-Men3Figures2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/X-Men3Cyclops.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/X-Men3Wolverine.jpg