PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Marvel Figures (Excelsior!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

El Chuxter
10-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Man, oh, man, as if my wallet wasn't already screaming in agony from the rapid-fire releases of the Apocalypse/Onslaught/Mojo waves and the Face-Off sets, what did I find this morning but the Modok Wave!

The figures all look quite nice, but there seemed to be a disproportionate number of variants. Everyone except Beta Ray Bill has at least one variant (Wasp has two), and in two cases (Iron Man/Destroyer and Spider-Woman I/Spider-Woman II), the variants are different characters.

Are these shipping in more well-rounded cases? There seemed to be a lot of variants, but I'm not sure if it was just the case I found or if there will actually be enough to go around this time.

LTBasker
10-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I believe Jesse did mention on Fwoosh that ML15's variants would be very simple to find. If anyone finds 2 extras of Red Wasp and/or 2 extras of Destroyer could you help me out? I'm still waiting for ML14 to show up.

Phantom-like Menace
10-25-2006, 12:17 AM
I've been pretty lucky lately with Marvel figures.

A friend tipped me off to a shipment of some of the newer Showdown figures, so I was able to snag Beast, Juggernaut, and Green Goblin. I'm enormously happy to get these newer ones since the preview pictures on these newer ones prompted me to go back and buy all of the old ones but Punisher, Dr. Doom, Ghostrider, and Hulk. Other than the riders, there is no new Showdown figure I don't want to get. I'm especially looking forward to Colossus, Venom, and Cyke.

I also walked into TRU and found all of ML-13 and -14. Finally I got my Psylocke, which was the only figure from 14 I wanted, and I can hopefully go back and get Blackheart to finish Onslaught. I would have gotten him, but I mistakenly remembered I was getting that piece in a trade.

The only things I'm worried about right now are getting myself a Kitty Pryde, and getting the right foot of Giant Man and finally finding Rogue.

Fifteen, though, has me scared. Not only do I want every figure but Beta Ray Bill, but I want both versions of Spider Woman, who will be impossible to find in either version.

El Chuxter
10-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Not only do I want every figure but Beta Ray Bill

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? BLASPHEMY!! :eek:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Picked up the new electro and Toxin figures today at TRU. I was actually kinda shocked cos i arrived a while after they had opened and there were still there. Granted, they were up in those overhead storage bins that i rummage through (the employees LOVE that. :thumbsup: ) but i got'em! very nice lookin' figures too! :bandit:

Phantom-like Menace
10-31-2006, 06:47 PM

You want blasphemy, I can tell you how much I dislike Thor.;)

Since my last post, I've broken down and purchased AOA Wolverine off of eBay (I gave retail and trade forums a chance first, but no joy), so I'm getting my Giant Man foot (He'll be complete!!!), finished Onslaught, arranged a trade for Galactus's arm, arranged a trade for Kitty Pryde (and Coleman Trebor!!), and picked up Showdown Elektra and Silver Surfer, and I'm two pieces away from finishing Apocalypse! The toy times they are good! Now, about that freaking Rogue . . .:upset:

El Chuxter
10-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Hating Thor's no biggie. I rather hate him myself. But the idea of an alien Thor with a head that looks like a horse skull? That's cool. :p

Phantom-like Menace
11-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Hating Thor's no biggie. I rather hate him myself. But the idea of an alien Thor with a head that looks like a horse skull? That's cool. :p

To be fair, I don't know a great deal about Beta Ray Bill. He gets a great deal of flak in my mind for being related in any way to Thor. Thor, I dislike for the same reason I dislike any ancient god masquerading as a super hero. Otherwise, Iron Man I'm getting simply because I have a pipedream of making an armory, but everyone else I'm getting to fill out my Avengers roster (that is, Avengers minus Thor). Yeah, Moon Knight was West Coast, but I don't make the distinction.

jedi master sal
11-01-2006, 08:25 AM

Agreed, but for people who don't like BRB, there are people like me who do, so the one he doesn't get, will be the one I do. SO it all works out.

Man this whole ML15 wave is going to be crazy to get.

OOh and I can't wait to find the new Showdown figs either!!!

Phantom-like Menace
11-03-2006, 12:48 AM
OOh and I can't wait to find the new Showdown figs either!!!

If you don't have them yet, and you see them, I heartily recommend the Magneto/Colossus starter set. Aside from some paint gripes which may me unique to the one I got, I'm not sure what they were trying to do with Colossus's hands, but I would venture a guess they didn't succeed. What am I talking about? It's hard to describe; you'd kind of have to see it. Otherwise, ignoring the above (none of it is too distracting), he's nearly perfect. If you remotely liked the ML and XMC Colossus figures, you'll see stuff to smile about with the Showdown figure.

Oh, and just to continue the common thread to my last few posts here: I walked into TRU just after XMC was stocked and some wag had already snagged Rogue!:mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Packaged pics of the new Marvel Legends are posted at TNSI. I would psot them here, but they're copyrighted to the site and i don't want to get steve beyatched at. :thumbsup: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro%2FMarvel_Legends%2FSeries_1%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

as much as it pains me, i'll admit it: i'm diggin' the packaging!:whip:

plasticfetish
11-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Steve has also put up photos of them over at actionfigs.com...

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=18&p2_articleid=771

;)

I'll admit, I like the packaging also. It's very "comic book," and seems appropriate.

El Chuxter
11-03-2006, 06:53 PM
But if the rumors are true, we're going to be paying a dollar more, and not getting the pack-in comic book. :(

plasticfetish
11-03-2006, 09:43 PM
A dollar more sucks! I suppose I could live without the comic books, but it was a nice perk. I always hand then over to the kid after I've read them.

JediTricks
11-04-2006, 07:00 PM
From a distance, these don't look comic booky to me at all, more like some fantasy line, like an offshoot of LOTR.

BlueSnags
11-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Man, those sculpts don't look very good. And that packaging REALLY looks bad.

Not a good sign for the future of the line, IMO.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Wave 2 for Hasbleh's line is up: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002282532.cfm

SO. AWFUL.

The only ones I wanted from this wave are: Jean Gray (hey, a variant. thanks), Juggers, Quicksilver, Xorn, Ult. Wolverine, and I wanted a Blob, but i'm not doing a build a figure for him. But these sculpts are looking really shady. I'll stick pick them up as i'm a completist and i love my X-Men, but if they keep up these sort of sculpts, this line is dead in the water.

El Chuxter
11-07-2006, 01:46 PM
It's pretty craptacular of them to include three X3 figures in this wave. I want Blob, but I don't want any X3 crap around my house.

Phantom-like Menace
11-07-2006, 04:20 PM
I want Quicksilver, She-Hulk, and unfortunately Blob. While I don't want Yellowjacket particularly, I'll keep him since I have to get him for Blob. Everyone else: big meh. I keep forgetting they have X3 Jean, so when I read that Jean is coming out, I think we're finally getting a non-Phoenix Jean figure, then I realize it's the movie figure.

JediTricks
11-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Wow, those look AWFUL! Marvel picked the wrong damn horse, no question, the sculpting, the joints, the paint, everything's at least 1 step backwards.

plasticfetish
11-08-2006, 05:02 AM
Mmmmm... those look weird. I'm not convinced that the final product will look like that. I'm also not sure what to think either.

On the one hand, I kind of like the clean look. I may want Quicksilver, Yellowjacket, and perhaps She-hulk, but I'm not into any of the others.

And what the f***'s up with Thor?!? The other version that we saw (the Toy Biz version?) was so much better.

RooJay
11-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with those aside from a few nitpicks - the fact that I've been nominated to collect X-Men movie figures after I've already passed on so many just to complete Blob, the lack of double jointed elbows on She-Hulk, the lack of knee joints at all on Blob. In fact, from the looks of those photos it seems as though Hasbro is actually improving on the quality of plastic being used as well as the paint. These look much sturdier than ToyBiz's figures. Those were both things I'd always ToyBiz had fixed when they had the license. Hasbro is actually far exceeding my expectations with what they're doing with ML so far.

Oh yeah, and I honestly don't see any difference between the Thor in those pics and the version shown at the cans except for the difference in material between the prototype and what I assume is the production model.

plasticfetish
11-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Oh yeah, and I honestly don't see any difference between the Thor in those pics and the version shown at the cans except for the difference in material between the prototype and what I assume is the production model.Oh, my bad... I think I'm confusing it with that Giant Man series Wal*Mart figure that I never saw at retail... because I never really go to Wal*Mart anymore.

I'm willing (hoping) that you're right about the quality thing. I've always thought that ToyBiz needed to improve, at the very least, how they did the knee and elbow joints. I'm hoping for better plastic all around, but if they just fixed the joints, then I'd be happy.

looking at 'em, with the flat (no paint) plastic colors, these figures remind me a lot of the newer He-Man figures. (Not a bad thing.)

LTBasker
11-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Juggernaut - This one I was looking forward to after seeing the pics from Comic Con where he had detailed paint. Now he looks cartoony and won't fit in with the movie X-Men figures from ToyBiz.

Thor - Doesn't look bad except the horrible lack of any paint to bring out the details. But I don't care for this Thor, Thor from the Giant Man wave is enough for me.

Wolverine - Overall doesn't look bad but the thing connecting the claws makes it look like they're attached to his glove rather than giving the impression they come out of his hand.

Yellow Jacket - Not familiar with the character so don't care...

She-Hulk - Looks flimsy in the legs.

Blob - Don't care.

Quicksilver - Don't care.

Xorn - Don't care.

Jean - Dreadful. Horribly dreadful, especially compared to the wonderful prototype shown at Comic Con. This is worse than a kid's meal toy. The variant head is ridiculous as she didn't look like that when she went psycho and the "hold my hand or I'll cry" expression doesn't exactly work for it. The lower torso isn't even able to line up to the waist and upper torso which looks ridiculous and the now lack of texture detail and no paint weathering makes her look cheap and horrid. Like Juggernaut, she suffers from being turned into a cartoon so she couldn't look right with the X-Men movie figures even if they hadn't horribly mutilated the sculpt.

The lack of joints that Hasbro is going with is horribly lame as well. At least when ToyBiz gave a figure a dopey hand position you could change it somewhat with the joint, now that that is gone and Hasbro isn't even going to include extra sets of hands... Well that's sad.

The packaging shown for wave 1 didn't impress me by any means, it's the usual overthetop artistic crap that tries to make you focus on the packaging instead of the figure. Toybiz at least made the focal point the figure.

With the horrible packaging, the price going up and yet the drop in quality AND pack-ins (comics, bases, accessories, etc) I can easily see Hasbro driving this line into the ground pretty soon.

Hasbro can often get away with lack of detail in the Star Wars line because they're 3", but obviously they thought they could treat 6" figures the same way.

El Chuxter
11-08-2006, 07:29 PM
The more I look at these, the worse they look. That's really unfortunate. I smell this line going to hell quickly.

BlueSnags
11-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Damn, those figures are bad. I hate to say it fellas, but I don't see this line lasting much longer. I don't even know if scalpers are gonna want them after seeing that wave...

Darth Cruel
11-09-2006, 07:51 AM
WOW...I gave up my ML collecting and sold all of my figures. It looks like it was none too soon. I NEVER would have continued collecting them the way they look now.

To quote a certain Vice Chancellor, that line "Suckity suck sucks" now!

Unless you like the animated-style sculpting...it is actually nice for that...but I liked the live-style sculpting myself.

Bacta Beast
11-23-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm trying to find Bobby Drake and Rouge without paying an outrageous amount. The problem is so few stores in my area are even carrying this line that it's hard to find the originals let alone the variants! Them there's the scalpers to compete with. I'd also like to find the "Iron Man" Destroyer variant and either of the Wasp variants.

Phantom-like Menace
11-23-2006, 11:54 PM
I've only seen it from one source, so I don't know how accurate it is, but I've seen news that some Wal-Marts have restocked with Giant Man wave. It could be an attempt to get more of that Black Friday money, so it would make sense if it were true.

RooJay
11-26-2006, 09:00 PM
The Wal-Mart nearest me didn't even bother to restock the action figure aisle at all for black friday. They still had all the same merchandise (or lack thereof) they've had since the beginning of summer! And no, I'm not exaggerating. Probably accounts for the fact that nothing seemed to be selling in that aisle anyway - all the kiddies have already had that merchandise for a very long time and didn't ask for any of it for Christmas.:rolleyes:

Phantom-like Menace
11-26-2006, 11:23 PM
I've also heard those reports of Wal-Marts restocking nothing. I was unable to get to my usual Wal-Mart to check, but I'm telling myself the case of ML-14 they put up Wednesday was all they put out, and it's probably not too far from the truth. Plus, I did finally finish my Giant Man, so I'm not too worried about it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-27-2006, 12:03 AM
The two wally worlds I stopped at over the weekend had full cases of ML wave 15, so maybe it's a territorial thing?

Doesn't matter though as wave 15 is crap and there isn't anything in it worth getting. :whip:

JediTricks
11-27-2006, 08:42 PM
My Target store got in the Spider-Man Origins 8" clothed and the 6" 2packs... oh my god these look horrible! Worse than pictures had led me to expect even. The clothed line with its tiny hands & feet and mismatched clothes just stinks. The 6" 2packs are terrible terrible terrible, awful sculpting (movie Doc Ock was abysmal), crazy poses, crap articulation, plastics that look cheaper, and paint that doesn't hold up. Thanks to Hasbro, Marvel collecting is about to die a painful death.

plasticfetish
11-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I picked up Spider-Man Origins (9" really) Green Goblin, and though that isn't how I'd like them to do the wrists and ankles, it works pretty well for this character. I'm not sold on any of the others yet... I'll get Doc Oc next, don't think I'll get black Spider-Man, and might get the classic spidey... just not sure.

I'll do a review over at actionfigs, but my two biggest complaints about the Goblin are that his ankles need to be stronger, and that the figure has really limited articulation. Otherwise, it actually a fun toy.

They're supposed to be doing a second series with Daredevil, Cap'n America, Wolverine, and something called "Iron Spider-Man."

JediTricks
11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
These are essentially an extension of Toy Biz's "Famous Covers" line, which I have more than my fair share of, but at least there they didn't have out-of-scale hands and feet, that bugs me.

plasticfetish
11-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah, but I think they're built just a little better than the Famous Covers stuff. Some of those looked really... odd. A few were good, but the quality was all over the place.

I just wish, if Hasbro's going to try for a MEGO line, that they'd go out and do it just like real MEGO figures, and not fiddle around with the design. A true 8" line of figured in "retro" boxes would be awesome.

BlueSnags
11-27-2006, 11:03 PM
My Target store got in the Spider-Man Origins 8" clothed and the 6" 2packs... oh my god these look horrible! Worse than pictures had led me to expect even. The clothed line with its tiny hands & feet and mismatched clothes just stinks. The 6" 2packs are terrible terrible terrible, awful sculpting (movie Doc Ock was abysmal), crazy poses, crap articulation, plastics that look cheaper, and paint that doesn't hold up. Thanks to Hasbro, Marvel collecting is about to die a painful death.

Couldn't agree more, JT. Between the craptastic 8" line (saw all four the other night at Walmart) and the abysmal upcoming Marvel Legends (they should've renamed them something else so as not to get peoples' hopes up), they really took a dump on the Marvel license.:cry:

JediTricks
11-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, but I think they're built just a little better than the Famous Covers stuff. Some of those looked really... odd. A few were good, but the quality was all over the place.That's like saying that you prefer dog poop over cow pies. :p

El Chuxter
11-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Hold on a second.

What happened to the "(Long List)"?

And what's this "(Excelsior)" business?

JediTricks
11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
According to the log, PF did a merge and changed the title.

plasticfetish
11-28-2006, 06:24 PM
"Excelsior" was a joke (true believer)... and what was "the long list" anyway?

El Chuxter
11-28-2006, 06:44 PM
All right, all right. I try to be a smart aleck, and everyone misses it.

Face front!

BlueSnags
11-29-2006, 03:03 AM
Saw some Hasbro-Marvel product at Walmart today that doesn't suck. They had three Titanium figures - Spider-man, Green Goblin, and Doctor Octopus. They were the "Patina" variant versions and they actually looked pretty cool. I was tempted to pick up the Spidey. Anyone know the story on these?:bandit:

darthvyn
11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
They're supposed to be doing a second series with Daredevil, Cap'n America, Wolverine, and something called "Iron Spider-Man."

the "iron spider" is the nickname given to spidey in his new duds, courtesy of tony "iron man" stark. they're WAY too late to put it out, however, because as of this most recent issue of amazing spider-man he's back in his old red'n'blue...

BlueSnags
11-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Saw the ML "House of M" gift pack at TRU yesterday.

El Chuxter
11-29-2006, 01:30 PM
I saw that, too. It's not worth mentioning. A kid was confused because he thought Hulk was a bad guy now. No joke.

Jayspawn
11-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah I saw that House of M pack too. Not even worth mentioning.

Well I decided to build the ML Sentinel today. I have the arm that came with Cyclops and I found the rest of the wave except for Omega Red and Mr. Sinister. Still need those 2.

Phantom-like Menace
11-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah I saw that House of M pack too. Not even worth mentioning.

I know a lot of people have purchased it almost exclusively for the Inhuman Torch but I've heard good things about the Iron Man figure from people who have it in hand. I figure both of those are something different to spice up displays.

Well I decided to build the ML Sentinel today. I have the arm that came with Cyclops and I found the rest of the wave except for Omega Red and Mr. Sinister. Still need those 2.

Wow, talk about dark paths that will forever dominate your destiny. After completing three for my 6" figures, I began making one dedicated to my 3 3/4" figures. I only just started the fourth, but after I fill some of the holes in my 6" collection, I'll turn back to the sentinel.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-01-2006, 01:18 AM
spotted the spidey origins two packs today: spidey with goblin; doc ock; and venom. 9 bucks for rehashes: no thanks. :whip:

plasticfetish
12-01-2006, 02:18 AM
9 bucks for rehashes: no thanks.But if you think about it, as a gift idea for that desperate grandparent, uncle, aunt, etc. it's not such a bad deal. You get a pair of decent figures in each, in a good looking box (I think so anyway), and they each refer to Spider-Man movie. ;)

El Chuxter
12-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Saw all the (regular) new Face-Offs this morning at two different Wal-Marts. I passed because Wolverine and Sabretooth both look like crap; and I could care less about more Punisher or Iron Man figures, but have a definite preference for the variant versions of Mandarin and Jigsaw.

It was a pretty dumb mistake to make the cool-looking Mandarin and Jigsaws be variants.

When I eventually get Mandarin, I think I'll display him fighting brown-and-tan Wolvie and Psylocke. Unfortunately, the display would be missing some third character. Something... spunky. A character I have vague recollections of having been completely trashed by a horrid short-lived solo title about two years ago. Can't put my finger on it, like, y'know?

(Oh, and don't forget to vote bear!)

JediTricks
12-01-2006, 03:31 PM
But if you think about it, as a gift idea for that desperate grandparent, uncle, aunt, etc. it's not such a bad deal. You get a pair of decent figures in each, in a good looking box (I think so anyway), and they each refer to Spider-Man movie. ;)

Too bad they look like butt.

Phantom-like Menace
12-01-2006, 11:41 PM
I passed because Wolverine and Sabretooth both look like crap

Wow. I managed to get Spider-Woman, Thorbuster Iron Man, Wasp, Iron Man/Mandarin Face-off, and the Wolverine/Sabretooth Face-off, and of all of those figures, I thought Sabretooth was the gem.

kool-aid killer
12-02-2006, 01:53 PM
I seen the two packs yesterday. I got my younger brother one for Chirstmas, the one with the guy he calls "Beer Man" and Mandarin. He will like Beer Man, as hes got his lone figure of him featured prominently in his room. And the Mandarin looks like a Mexican luchador, plus it gives him a baddie. I liked the Wolverine and Sabertooth one, simply because of Sabertooth. Wolverines dome is terribly small though, thats what kept me from grabbing it too. But im debating whether to go back for it or not.

Phantom-like Menace
12-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I seen the two packs yesterday. I got my younger brother one for Chirstmas, the one with the guy he calls "Beer Man" and Mandarin.

Well, I don't call him "Beer Man," but I refused to get an Iron Man figure until I had one of the Family Guy Pawtucket Patriot Ale bottles for him to hold in his hand. I now have four IM figures, but the one posed with my Avengers is holding a beer. Of course, I almost always go for the joke. For instance, I'm going to make sure I have a Marvel Legends scale scooter before I get Deadpool.

Jayspawn
12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I saw the 2-packs as well. The Sabretooth is the only one that interests me, but I'll wait on getting it for now.

BTW, I'm building the Sentinel and all I need the Right Leg. If anyone has an extra please let me know.

kool-aid killer
12-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Who is the right leg? I just bought my first Marvel Legends figure this past weekend, Psylocke, and im hoping to pick up a couple more of the X-men figures. Good thing is that none of the ones i want, even from the older waves, appear to be too terribly expensive.

Ji'dai
12-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Those Spiderman Origin dolls with the real clothing are pretty lame looking. Nice packaging, but the figures look like throw-backs from the 60s.

Jayspawn
12-07-2006, 10:15 PM
The right leg I need for the Sentinel comes with Mr. Sinister.

I only really want the leg and not the figure but I'll get the figure if need be.

El Chuxter
12-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Why would you want a Sentinel and not Mr Sinister? Do you want the X-Men to only face one horrifying evil foe at once?

kool-aid killer
12-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I picked up the X-men Storm figure. I'd been contemplating it since i first seen it a couple of weeks ago, but i kept passing on it. Today i just decided to go for it. Is it the same mold as the Marvel Legends Storm? If so, im glad i chose this one instead. I like its look more than the black costume.

Phantom-like Menace
12-08-2006, 11:41 PM
I picked up the X-men Storm figure. I'd been contemplating it since i first seen it a couple of weeks ago, but i kept passing on it. Today i just decided to go for it. Is it the same mold as the Marvel Legends Storm? If so, im glad i chose this one instead. I like its look more than the black costume.

Yep, same mold, just no mohawk version. I contemplate getting it from time to time, but I have the black costume version, and I'm happy enough with that.

El Chuxter
12-18-2006, 03:29 PM
I was lucky enough to score the variant Mandarin and Jigsaw last week at a TRU. They're fairly mediocre, as a lot of these last-minute Toybiz Legends seem to be. I saw the variant Wolvie/Sabretooth, too, and wasn't even tempted by it. It looks even worse than the "normal" Wolvie vs Sabretooth two-pack.

I plan to display Psylocke and brown-and-tan Wolverine facing off against Mandarin. Too bad Toybiz has so far neglected a certain other X-Woman who should also appear in such a display.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-27-2006, 03:01 AM
I'll make this brief:
1. Found the Spidey origins figures at work. Very.....plentiful. About two cases of JUST SPIDER-MAN. Are you serious, Toybiz? Some of the figures I already had (regular spidey, symbiote spidey), some I wanted to forget about (Spider-Man 2099) and some just confused me (Iron Man Spidey?) Really looking forward to seeing the villians wave here soon.

2. Also spotted some of the Ghost Rider movie figures; the ones on bikes that i'm assuming you wind up and move, etc. Either way, really crappy looking.

3. have the new ML shown up yet? Just curious. My buddy and I are going hunting all this weekend, so god willing, we'll find some new ML! :thumbsup:

Bacta Beast
12-27-2006, 07:35 AM
I'll make this brief:
1. Found the Spidey origins figures at work. Very.....plentiful. About two cases of JUST SPIDER-MAN. Are you serious, Toybiz?:

These are the new Hasbro ones!! :sad:

3. have the new ML shown up yet? Just curious. My buddy and I are going hunting all this weekend, so god willing, we'll find some new ML! :thumbsup:

Which wave? The "House of M" pack is out, and the new "Face Off" packs are out. The latest wave of Toybiz MLs is the "MODOK" wave. Are you looking for the first Hasbro wave?

Phantom-like Menace
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
I grabbed Symbiote Spidey just because he was there. I'm not sure why he and Venom are black and silver instead of black and white. Somewhere in the back of my mind I plan to paint the silver white, but realistically I'll probably never get around to it and I'll just eBay the original SMC Symbiote Spidey.

I still don't have Rogue. She's haunting me. I've walked into TRU several times just after another XMC case has been put out, and Rogue and Avalanche are the two figures from that set that I have never seen. I need her, variant Iron Man/Mandarin Face-off, and variant Spider-Woman to be set on the current batches of 6" figures, though there are several older figures I need.

Bacta Beast
12-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Toy-Biz has really put me off with their variants and chase figures and it's gotten worse with this latest stuff. Most of the stores in my area aren't carrying the Claasic X-Men or the Fantastic Four line, and the ones that do aren't getting very many cases even inspite of the holiday season!! I got lucky and found the "Evolutions" Iceman in a neighboring city. But I'd rather have found the Bobby Drake variant. I've never seen Rouge or Avalanche. I've seen Nightcrawler once and bought him. I've passed on Sabretooth and Juggy a couple time each. I haven't seen any of the new FF line! I hate the Wasp sculpt in the "MODOK" line, and would much rather have either of the variants. Likewise the "Destroyer" variant (I wish they had made Iron Man the variant instead). Now I'm trying to find the "Iron" Spider-Man. I hope (though I'm not optomistic) that Hasbro will be a little better about getting out their stuff more evenly, but I see that they're going to go re-pack mad with the marvel stuff the way they have with the Star Wars line. So that's cool, now we'll see a bunch of previously released Marvel hereos setting on pegs blocking newer waves from being released.:cross-eye

Phantom-like Menace
12-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Now I'm trying to find the "Iron" Spider-Man.

Man, if I'd only known that two days ago when I was looking right at one I could have helped you out.

As far as the recent variants go, we were promised that the ML-15 variants would be more plentiful than previous variants, but I've been disinclined to believe it will matter.

El Chuxter
12-28-2006, 12:55 AM
I've seen remnants of Wave 15 several times (usually Beta Ray Bill and a handful of Wasps), but only found the variants once. I went into a WM right after they put out the case, and still wasn't able to get Wasp.

darthvyn
12-28-2006, 11:55 AM
damn! the hasbro spidey figures are out? i gotta get to a TRU or something soon! the iron spidey figure looks cool... and i'll probably pick up the 2099, B&W, and a classic spidey out of the line, too...

there's a series of villains coming out as series 2, JMG, just so you know why this one's all spidey (it's called spider-man: origins, afterall...)

i still don't understand why they don't have a scarlet spider or spider-ben figure in this series... maybe for series 3?

evenflow
12-28-2006, 07:52 PM
I got myself a Demogoblin today. Still need an Iron Spider-Man.

El Chuxter
12-28-2006, 07:55 PM
I saw two Demogoblins today and passed. He's not that accurate to the character, but simply a repaint of Hobgoblin. He should look more demonic, more reptilian.

But I bring this up because there are two packaging variations at play. Demogoblin can be found either with his cap on his head, or in a separate part of the blister tray. Gotta love useless variations to drive the completists nuts, eh?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Got in teh villians wave today; picked up Demogoblin as he's kinda nifty. Also got Doc Ock as he seems like he's far better than his original version. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-29-2006, 06:48 PM
damn! the hasbro spidey figures are out? i gotta get to a TRU or something soon! Yeah, I saw the black & red Spidey from that Hasbro wave 1 at TRU last Friday. The figure was truly awful though, some of the plastic was that new milky garbage color that Hasbro's been using, the one that's flat and slightly translucent and completely hides sculpted detailing. Then there were other parts which the package made a big deal about the paint being metalized, it looked shiny but it mainly just looked like sloppy crap. Finally, the sculpting itself was abysmal, the joints were ugly, the rivets were big, and the crotch/hips were downright awful. It's so sad.

LTBasker
12-29-2006, 08:03 PM
I theorize that Hasbro didn't really make anything that's out in their Spidey line, rather they just bought bootlegs from Mexico and repackaged them.

JediTricks
12-29-2006, 09:37 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's hilarious, good one! :D Too bad the workmanship has all the earmarks of the shoddy end of Hasbro's manufacturing. :ermm:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Jackpot! Went hunting today with my good pal who was in town and we found quite a bit. Got the Venom figure from the origins line as I kinda dig the repaint. However, main score: HASBRO MARVEL LEGENDS!!! Got them between two Targets. They had the complete set, but I skipped Iron Man and Hercules. These look really good in person although Emma's sculpt is still kinda iffy. Hercules looks like he was rolling around in Cheeto's as he's a tad too orange. I'm not buyign the figure, so I didn't care. Overall, i like'em! :crazed: HH! :thumbsup:

LTBasker
12-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Took a closer look at the Spidey Origins figures today, they had Rhino, Doc Ock, Lizard and Demogoblin. The paintjobs looked slightly better than the 2-packs I saw where the silver paint was globbed onto Spidey, that's still not saying much though cause they were still boring repaints.

My biggest issue though was the packaging. Granted from pictures online you can see it's got the crooked "edgy" thing going on but I assumed that when the figure was hanging that the weight shift would cause it to hang with the sides perfectly vertical, but nope. It stays crooked. I feel sorry for any collectors that get these and keep stuff packaged, especially ones that hang them on the wall as they would look horrible.

General_Grievous
12-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Speaking of Spidey, has Hasbro released pics of their Spider Man 3 toys? I have a few from the first two like SA Spidey, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Peter Parker, MJ, JJ Jameson, etc. I want to see if their Sandman and Venom figures will be any good.

Rocketboy
12-30-2006, 06:14 PM
JT posted these Spidey 3 Galactic Hero style figures the other day:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/taddy333/posts/shs1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/taddy333/posts/shs2.jpg

BlueSnags
12-31-2006, 11:42 PM
Saw the entire wave of Hasbro Marvel Legends minus Planet Hulk just hanging on the pegs at Target this afternoon around 1PM. Even scalpers don't want anything to do with these, they're that bad. Looked like there were two of each one, except there was only one Ultimate Iron Man (probably the best figure in the wave, for what that's worth). This line will be coming to an end soon if major changes/improvements aren't made.

JediTricks
01-02-2007, 12:59 AM
I saw more of the Hasbro Spidey figures at Target, not a winner in sight.

plasticfetish
01-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Saw the new 6-inch Spiderman figures today also. The paint was poor on the lot of them... which is a bad sign.

There is a new version of the 9-inch cloth Spiderman out that doesn't have the plastic gauntlets. It's more Mego style, and looked pretty decent, so I got one. (Haven't opened it yet.) Target has hiked the price to $20, and given the way these have sold around me, I'm not shocked.

They also had the 9-inch Punisher figure out, which looks cool... except for the head sculpt, which is very lame.

Phantom-like Menace
01-02-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm convinced it must be a mistake, but I saw the Spider-Man/Green Goblin, and Spider-Man/Venom Origins two packs on clearance at Target along with all the older Toybiz figures. I know the Toybiz is clearance, but I figure someone goofed on the Origins figures. I wasn't interested enough in solving the mystery to scan the price or ask anyone.

Otherwise, I'm annoyed to have been standing in Target with Marvel Legends, Figure Factory, Showdown, etc. all marked down and no real desire to get a single one of them.

darthvyn
01-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I theorize that Hasbro didn't really make anything that's out in their Spidey line, rather they just bought bootlegs from Mexico and repackaged them.

actually most of them are re-paints of older toybiz molds. in fact, the only new mold that i know of in the series is the iron spider figure. i would think it's a stupid idea, however there are some figures that i don't have that are being remade that i will pick up...

Rocketboy
01-02-2007, 01:20 PM
They also had the 9-inch Punisher figure out, which looks cool... except for the head sculpt, which is very lame.Punisher is a Target exclusive, but they seem to be plentiful. As much as I like The Punisher, there is no way I'll be buying any of these figures (unless they drop to a couple of bucks). They look terrible.

Phantom-like Menace
01-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I got Emma and Banshee this morning. I'm not really sure what all the hate is about. It's not like they're the greatest Marvel Legends figures ever, but aside from the fact that Banshee could donate a fourth of the mass of his head to Emma's head and each would look better, I just put them on the shelf with my other X figures and went on about my day. Nothing to get worked up about positive or negative. Banshee's horrifically pale and his yellow is too green, but meh.

plasticfetish
01-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Had a look at all of the new ML figures at Target this afternoon, and it honestly made me sad.

The Toy Biz figures were never by any stretch of the imagination perfect, but this stuff is just about bootleg quality. (Hah! LTBasker, I just read back and saw your comment.) They're bland and cheap looking. The sculpt detail is terrible, and the paint (when they bother to paint something) is shabby and sloppy (Emma Frost is crazy bad.) That Iron Man figure is just about the worst thing that I've seen since looking at the craptacular new Ghost Rider figures at Wal*Mart yesterday. (Made from recycled Transformers Beast Wars plastic?) Hercules is the best... but only because he's friggin' hilarious looking with that big cookie monster mouth.

:cry:

El Chuxter
01-04-2007, 02:28 AM
I saw 'em today too. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm done with ML, aside from a few choice characters (Sleepwalker) if they ever make them. The price went up $2, and the value of the figures went down $5.

plasticfetish
01-04-2007, 02:59 AM
The price went up $2, and the value of the figures went down $5.Oh yeah! that's right... I forgot, they're $9.99 now. WTF!?!

I have to agree, it looks like I'm done with 'em too. I was holding back on the MODOK wave, but I'll probably snatch them all up and call it quits.

-----

Oh... I put some photos of the 9" Signature Series 1st Appearance Spider-Man up over at actionfigs.com (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2116). Haven't opened it up yet to get a good look, but I like this one much better than the other.

BlueSnags
01-04-2007, 12:41 PM
It really is pathetic how craptastic this new wave of Legends is (and judging by the pictures, the next wave is even worse). I think Hasbro should've changed the name from Marvel Legends to something else. Maybe then these new figures would be perceived as just cheaply packaged, slapped-together toys for small children, instead of a slap in the face of the adult Marvel Legends collector.

JediTricks
01-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh man, I saw the Ghost Rider figures at TRU last night, Hasbro's just awful with these, it's pathetic, there was one, it had a swappable Nick Cage head, they got his likeness but in a really silly, cartoony way, and the hinges on the skull head were pretty ugly.

I think I've figured out why Hasbro snagged the Marvel license - they were sick of hearing how much better Toy Biz's ML line was than their Star Wars figures at nearly the same price, so they ruined it and raised the price. :p

El Chuxter
01-05-2007, 12:20 AM
All the ML figures I saw two days ago are still on the shelf at the Target. I didn't notice before, but Banshee's face is more yellow than his costume. That's pathetic.

Too bad they didn't make this mistake with Jubilee. Because then I'd write them a letter saying they're racist. I'm totally serious. It's tough to b**** about that if you're talking about an Irish guy in yellow, but a Chinese girl in yellow? That could be a pretty serious issue.

And, besides, I could've gotten a Jubilee figure before I quit collecting these.

darthvyn
01-13-2007, 10:40 PM
i actually picked up the "secret wars spider-man" and "spider-man 2099" figures from the new spider-man: origins line. for rehashes, they're pretty good, as long as you can find a 2099 with symmetrical paint app on the face - i've seen some really lop-sided ones.

apparently the "iron spider-man" figure is really a quality piece of work, so here's hoping hasbro continues with that trend on future new molds. check out the OAFE review...

http://www.oafe.net/yo/smois.php

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Oh man, Hasbro announced that they're going to continue the spidey Classics line and have released pictures.

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderman/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=27E94877-D56F-E112-466D0594D8B41EB5

These things look SOOOOOOOOOO effin' HORRIBLE. Man, these sculpts are shady. Bloody Hell, i think i've seen better knock off's on e-bay. :whip:

And I guess a WM employee has UPC codes for wave 3. How? I dunno, I said it on the gd.com and then followed the link to the TNI forums. here is the POSSIBLE lineup:
Bucky
Captain America
Marvel Girl
Marvel Girl (Variant)
Black Night
Hydra Soldier
Hydra Soldier(Variant)
X3 Colossus
Cyclops
Danger
Quicksilver
Quicksilver (Variant)
Jean Grey
Phoenix (Jean Grey Variant?)
Yellowjacket
Yellowjacket (Variant)

Hey more variants, yay for random assinine hunting.

plasticfetish
01-16-2007, 11:54 PM
and have released pictures.Hmmm. What is the deal with Hasbro and this line? I suppose I shouldn't need to ask that question at this point, but... crap... the Marvel stuff was pretty much my favorite non-Star Wars thing to hunt for, and now my interest is just about gone.

Rocketboy
01-17-2007, 01:05 AM
I saw Emma Frost and X-Men 3 Beast today.
Both looked like crap (as expected) and Emma has got herself some big ol' birthin' hips on her!

RooJay
01-17-2007, 01:49 AM
So far I've had absolutely no problems with what Hasbro has done with the Marvel Legends line. I honestly see nothing wrong with what's been released so far (sure Emma Frost is ugly, but ToyBiz was always equally hit and miss for me from the beginning anyway.) and I've honestly not understood what all the fuss was about. In fact, I even consider the first wave of Hasbro Legends an improvement, but if this next wave of Spidey Classics is any indication of where they're going then they can count me out too. To be fair, I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with the sculpts as seen in those pictures, but Marvel Legends for me has always been about the articulation. If they take away that they have nothing, in my opinion. I'm just not a big enough Marvel fan to stay on board, and Hasbro may as well not even bother.:upset:

darthvyn
01-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Oh man, Hasbro announced that they're going to continue the spidey Classics line and have released pictures.

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderman/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=27E94877-D56F-E112-466D0594D8B41EB5

These things look SOOOOOOOOOO effin' HORRIBLE. Man, these sculpts are shady. Bloody Hell, i think i've seen better knock off's on e-bay. :whip:

so we get a movie doc ock lookin' like butt, a pretty good "ultimate" rhino, movie green goblin actually looking pretty good, an okay kraven (maybe ultimate version, too... not to sure about the outfit...) and a pretty good looking lizard figure that could use a bit more articulation - i'm not really seeing these as "effin' HORRIBLE"... they may be of less quality than the last offerings in "The Amazing Spider-man" (sandman and hobgoblin being stand-outs in that line...) but they're far from horrible.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-17-2007, 10:57 PM
so we get a movie doc ock lookin' like butt, a pretty good "ultimate" rhino, movie green goblin actually looking pretty good, an okay kraven (maybe ultimate version, too... not to sure about the outfit...) and a pretty good looking lizard figure that could use a bit more articulation - i'm not really seeing these as "effin' HORRIBLE"... they may be of less quality than the last offerings in "The Amazing Spider-man" (sandman and hobgoblin being stand-outs in that line...) but they're far from horrible.

Are we looking at the same thing? Look at how poor and shady those sculpts are! And how about if you're taking up the line, give us SOME NEW FREAKIN' FIGURES. We've already had Doc Ock, we've already had Green Goblin, and Rhino; come up with new figure ideas.

And I saw these on the spawn boards today: spidey 3 figures on the e-bay! no sandman, just spidey, symbiote spidey and venom. Hard to say at this point, but they look pretty much like the other movie figure spideys. Venom is alright at best, but i'll have to see these things in person before i can make any calls on them. :D

darthvyn
01-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Are we looking at the same thing? Look at how poor and shady those sculpts are! And how about if you're taking up the line, give us SOME NEW FREAKIN' FIGURES. We've already had Doc Ock, we've already had Green Goblin, and Rhino; come up with new figure ideas.

we've already had a couple of lizards, too... but this one looks different, as does the rhino figure.

like i said, the doc ock looks like butt, but the movie goblin figure looks pretty good, and i didn't get one the first time around. i'll probably pick it up. i'm not saying i'm in love with them, but they're not horrible, and i'm holding out hope for future collections being better. i was totally unimpressed with the first line of marvel legends, and thought they'd never last - but they upped the ante and made some great product, thus maintaining the line.

And I saw these on the spawn boards today: spidey 3 figures on the e-bay! no sandman, just spidey, symbiote spidey and venom. Hard to say at this point, but they look pretty much like the other movie figure spideys. Venom is alright at best, but i'll have to see these things in person before i can make any calls on them. :D

there's a sandman figure on the card back.

i've heard the movie figures are actually going to be 5" instead of 6" like the spider-man 2 figs. they might have reduced the molds or something, but i'd imagine that since they didn't change much about the way the costume looks (save for the darker colors at certain points...) that it would stand to reason that they look similar to the previous movie's figures.

strange that the venom on the card back has a big white spider on it...

JediTricks
01-19-2007, 05:31 PM

These things look SOOOOOOOOOO effin' HORRIBLE. Man, these sculpts are shady. Bloody Hell, i think i've seen better knock off's on e-bay. :whip:I couldn't get them to click to the larger pics, so here's the URLs of 'em (I mined them out):
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/spiderman//69470.jpg
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/spiderman//69480.jpg
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/spiderman//69485.jpg
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/spiderman//69530.jpg
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/spiderman//69555.jpg

Do they really think we won't notice the giant step backwards in quality here? Kraven the Hunter has v-crotch articulation and no knees at all! Everything Hasbro does with this license gets worse and worse!

So far I've had absolutely no problems with what Hasbro has done with the Marvel Legends line. I honestly see nothing wrong with what's been released so far (sure Emma Frost is ugly, but ToyBiz was always equally hit and miss for me from the beginning anyway.) and I've honestly not understood what all the fuss was about.... I actually thought you were going to end that sentence with "and I honestly can't see." :p

In fact, I even consider the first wave of Hasbro Legends an improvement, but if this next wave of Spidey Classics is any indication of where they're going then they can count me out too. To be fair, I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with the sculpts as seen in those pictures, but Marvel Legends for me has always been about the articulation. If they take away that they have nothing, in my opinion. I'm just not a big enough Marvel fan to stay on board, and Hasbro may as well not even bother.:upset:Not that I want to defend Hasbro's Marvel entries at all as I think they're heavily sub-standard, but you could never judge the Marvel Legends line on the Spider-Man Classics line because the SMC line is for kids and always has less articulation and action gimmicks, it was true with Toy Biz and it's true with Hasbro, 1 does not indicate the other's direction.

i've heard the movie figures are actually going to be 5" instead of 6" like the spider-man 2 figs. they might have reduced the molds or something, but i'd imagine that since they didn't change much about the way the costume looks (save for the darker colors at certain points...) that it would stand to reason that they look similar to the previous movie's figures.

strange that the venom on the card back has a big white spider on it...I was going to suggest the figures in those pictures looked like a smaller scale toy, the joints seem a little out of scale and the packaging looks too big for the 6" size figures. My guess is these are the same size as the Superman Returns figures. Multi-spinning webs Spidey does look like a retread of a SM2 figure though

That Venom figure seems to have a silver spider on his chest, my guess is Hasbro's cardback photo is of the non-movie Venom figure, the knees look different and there's no detail work anywhere.

I really dislike that movie packaging.

BlueSnags
01-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Damn, those new figures look truly craptastic. Anyone know how long Hasbro has the Marvel license for?:cry:

plasticfetish
01-19-2007, 09:56 PM
'Til the end of time. :rolleyes:

Saw the new Icons (Thor, Wolverine) figures at Target. You guys (if you bought any Episode III 12" figures) will recognize the new packaging. I'm not into them. Thor has some good points really, but again, the paint is loose and too simplistic... even for this line.

Oh... my kid's been playing Ultimate Alliance a lot lately, and he says that he likes/wants the Ultimate Iron Man (ML) figure, so I suppose Hasbro nailed it for one person. (I've told him "no" BTW. :p )

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-24-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm ordering a set of wave 2 ML just to save myself the hassle of hunting and i'm wondering if anybody wants She-Hulk, Yellow Jacket or Thor? I know some might be building the Blob and stuff. Let me know. :whip:

Ji'dai
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Anyone know if there's going to be an Old West Ghost Rider with horse? I saw the Caretaker basic figure but he's pretty mediocre like the rest of the line.

BountyHunterScum
02-05-2007, 01:19 AM
I'd like to know what the new Icons figures Variants look like. Hasbro has one of each pictured but not the Variants.

evenflow
02-05-2007, 11:24 PM
I have yet to see the Ghost Rider figures.

El Chuxter
02-06-2007, 12:25 AM
You're not missing anything.

Rocketboy
02-06-2007, 12:31 AM
I have yet to see the Ghost Rider figures.I was wondering why so many of these turds are hanging on the pegs 'round here.

BountyHunterScum
02-07-2007, 02:10 AM
I have the 12" Ghost Rider with Motorcycle.

kool-aid killer
02-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I was over on the Spawn boards, and i seen a thread about Hasbro Marvel Legends, and apparently the wave three build a figure is going to be the Queen Brood. They also had a picture of it in their thread.

JediTricks
02-11-2007, 02:18 AM
Ugh! I'm so weak! http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=7845&cat=2168 I'm probably gonna get both Spideys!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-12-2007, 02:33 PM
spotted the spidey 3 walkies today at a wal-mart. No sign of the figures yet though! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
02-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Found a lone Ultimate Iron Man at TRU last night, the helmet-on-the-side variant which I'm guessing is why he's rare right now, Hasbro held back on the original helmeted version when they realized it'd lead to damage during shipping. So I figured what the hell and bought him. The Tony head is pretty small, but the helmet looks good over it, though I do wish the helmet were a little longer at the bottom. The use of chrome flat-out fails for me, maybe if the shoulders and knees and gauntlets matched I might have been more inclined to dig it, but they are shiny paint that doesn't really come close, plus Hasbro's chrome tints always chip, ALWAYS, so I know I wont have long to enjoy it. Besides the helmet, the chrome shin plates are removable, but the chest piece while sporting a big seam at the sides where it meets the back piece looks like it's removable is not and I really wish it were. The figure has some charm in the sculpted details, a little more paint wash and details might have been nice, but the overall build isn't heroic enough, not quite "big" enough. The hands are sculpted in an odd half-curved pose and hinged at the back, it doesn't look that good doing the energy blast pose and looks worse when NOT doing that. Morever, there's not enough of the red metal areas, they're sculpted small and inconsequential which is a real shame and makes this look like some random gray guy with a few red pieces slapped on rather than the Invincible Iron Man. They were clearly going for this look, but didn't deliver all the way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:UltimateIronMan.jpg

The materials are ok, that slightly gummy plastic that Hasbro likes doesn't feel like it'll break, but it warps very easily compared to what it should be at the limbs and flexes easily at the thin-walled joints (elbows and knees), and it doesn't take dyes very nicely. The rivets are uglier, but it's not as noticeable as I feared. Articulation is good with a fair range of motion, but the mid-torso hinge is next to useless which is tragic, and the ankles can't move all that much because of the bulk around them - the sides of that bulk is rubbery to allow movement but the back is too thick and the front is a chrome plate.

The only other accessory is Annihilus' torso, the sculpting is mostly good, the universal-jointed shoulders work differently from the hips for some reason, the ratchet in the middle of the torso works great (without parts added on anyway), but everything's paintwashed in an ugly sloppy way and the purple parts are cast in PINK plastic for god's sake!!! It's totally worthless to me, and pretty much an eyesore.

Anyway, this figure looks like the only one worth getting in the wave to me, it's got a lot of flaws but some charms as well, it's not the total disaster it could have been but it's not really that good at being Iron Man either. Deco and materials issues haunt the set for me, especially at this new higher price. Grade: B-

plasticfetish
02-15-2007, 02:13 AM
Saw Iron Man again. Came close to buying it, but that face is sooooo weird looking.

RooJay
02-15-2007, 03:12 AM
How scary is it (for those of us that still want a Marvel Legends line) that Hasbro didn't show anything new for the line at Toy Fair? I'm beginning to think that they've only bought up the license so that they can make Marvel movie figures, and that they don't really have any interest in the comic based lines.

plasticfetish
02-15-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm beginning to think that they've only bought up the license so that they can make Marvel movie figures, and that they don't really have any interest in the comic based lines.Yeah, I think you may have really hit the nail on the head with that.

We'll see, but I'm feeling that also. Maybe they'll pump out the leftovers from what Toy Biz started and then kill the line off.

Here's a question (for any/every one), what's the deal with the Marvel Toys "Legendary Heroes" line? There's pics over at actionfigs...

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=8800&cat=2200

Those look pretty great, but I don't understand what's going on with that line, and how it relates or not to the Hasbro stuff.

RooJay
02-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Marvel Toys is the new name of ToyBiz. Oddly enough, even though they no longer possess the license to make figures based on the Marvel Comics characters they are still owned (more or less) by Marvel Entertainment or some such nonsense. Thus the name change to Marvel Toys. They are completely independent of Hasbro and their Marvel Comics license; consider them a completely unrelated toy company regardless of the name. The Legendary Comic Heroes line is their new and possibly only current figure line and is their successor to the ML legacy. A pretty good successor, if you ask me. In fact, this one is just about the only thing from this year's Toy Fair that has me excited at all. I couldn't be more excited for that we'll be getting not only that awesome ML styled Madman (my personal fave!), but also Monkeyman and O'Brien, Marv from Sin City, Savage Dragon, Super-Patriot, Star, Conan, and Judge Dredd!

El Chuxter
02-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Marv? I thought the one figure looked like Marv, but I thought McFarlane still had the rights to Sin City.

I can't wait to get me a Dragon to whomp on my Wolverine army. :)

BountyHunterScum
02-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Saw Iron Man again. Came close to buying it, but that face is sooooo weird looking.

He looks like a retarded Steve Buscemi or retarded Dave Foley.

RooJay
02-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Marv? I thought the one figure looked like Marv, but I thought McFarlane still had the rights to Sin City.

I can't wait to get me a Dragon to whomp on my Wolverine army. :)

McFarlane Sin City has been over and done with for quite some time. In fact, there was only the one Marv basic figure and the Electric Chair deluxe. Neca has been doing the movie figures, but they've had nothing new in the last year and their license might never have applied to the comic versions.

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Hasbro brought 1 Thor figure's cardback from the upcoming BAF Blob wave, or are those already out too? Kinda weird that they'd abandon the line so soon after rebooting it, I wonder what Marvel has to say about this situation - Marvel just barely restarted the line, if they had any confidence in it at all they should have been pushing it extra hard at this show and instead they soft-play it, something's definitely wonky there.

Marvel Toys is the new name of ToyBiz. Oddly enough, even though they no longer possess the license to make figures based on the Marvel Comics characters they are still owned (more or less) by Marvel Entertainment or some such nonsense. Thus the name change to Marvel Toys. They are completely independent of Hasbro and their Marvel Comics license; consider them a completely unrelated toy company regardless of the name. The Legendary Comic Heroes line is their new and possibly only current figure line and is their successor to the ML legacy. A pretty good successor, if you ask me. In fact, this one is just about the only thing from this year's Toy Fair that has me excited at all. I couldn't be more excited for that we'll be getting not only that awesome ML styled Madman (my personal fave!), but also Monkeyman and O'Brien, Marv from Sin City, Savage Dragon, Super-Patriot, Star, Conan, and Judge Dredd!
Geez, that's not confusing at all! Marvel Toys, Legendary Heroes?

Still, Madman, Judge Dredd, and Savage Dragon are all figures that deserve decent figures.

Not so sure about that Witchblade figure though, MAC really got that likeness down back in the day.

I bet these figures tank and wave 3 never happens, they're just too late to the party for these characters.

plasticfetish
02-17-2007, 01:54 AM
No, hardly confusing at all. Marvel Toys will do figures from various indie comics. I get it... :crazed:

I bet these figures tank and wave 3 never happens, they're just too late to the party for these characters.
I dunno, there's a big void where the Marvel Legends line used to be (har har), and seeing as how DC Superheroes is good, but hard to predict, these are a nice new option.

Edit: Oh, well I guess this tells it...

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/003166344.cfm

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Such a weird line, it's way too niche to attract the mainstream buyers that they're aiming for, and too much like Marvel Legends to attract the kid buyers that would keep a line like this afloat in mainstream. I predict the line will tank before wave 2 even, and waves 2 and 3 will see ultra-limited release in comic shops with a double-high MSRP.

plasticfetish
02-17-2007, 04:26 PM
and waves 2 and 3 will see ultra-limited release in comic shopsThat's likely to be true. I'd love to see these hanging in Target, but you're probably right about them having a limited appeal. (Not that they would warm the pegs any worse than Marvel Legends is right now.)

Phantom-like Menace
02-17-2007, 09:51 PM
So now that I'm thoroughly confused, are we going to have to have separate threads for toys made by Marvel Toys (the former Toy Biz) and toys made by Hasbro about Marvel Comics characters?

RooJay
02-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Such a weird line, it's way too niche to attract the mainstream buyers that they're aiming for, and too much like Marvel Legends to attract the kid buyers that would keep a line like this afloat in mainstream. I predict the line will tank before wave 2 even, and waves 2 and 3 will see ultra-limited release in comic shops with a double-high MSRP.

I'm not so sure I agree with you there. I think the only thing that matters as far as the kiddies are concerned is whether or not the character looks cool, and these guys definitely have that going for them. Think about it a bit - how many kids do you think are currently buying Daredevil comics? Ghost Rider? Silver Surfer? Thor? Punisher? That never held back the Marvel Legends line, and before you point out that those characters are more recognizeable remember that it's been several years at least since any of those guys had any exposure on children's television and several years since a few at least have even had regular comic book series. The Punisher comic has been mature readers only for most of the time kids of toy buying age have been alive, and the movie was rated R. As a matter of fact, if the comics market is suffering at all right now (and many people believe it is) it is definitely for lack of younger aged readers. Marvel Legends as a toy line never owed it's success to the comic books and I would argue that most of the characters made in that line got their exposure to young fans as action figures first rather than by any other means. I also don't think retailers know the difference between these characters and the Marvel ones, so I don't really foresee a problem there either. Nope, I think this line will do rather well.

Matter of fact, here's my personal wishlist!:

The Atomics (Madman's friends)

The Valiant/Acclaim comics characters (X-O Manowar and Turok especially, but Magnus, Rai, Shadowman, Archer and Armstrong and Doc Solar as well!)

The Phantom

Flash Gordon

The Shadow

Mandrake and Lothar (Defenders of the Earth ML style!)

X, Ghost, Barb Wire, Titan, etc. (from Dark Horse COmics Greatest World)

Alan Moore's Tom Strong and family (fat chance, I know)

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

The Lone Ranger and Tonto

Zorro

Mage's Kevin Matchstick and friends

Each of the various Grendels - Hunter Rose, Prime, etc.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 09:10 PM
I think the only thing that matters as far as the kiddies are concerned is whether or not the character looks cool, and these guys definitely have that going for them.Kids' buying trends have been steadily declining in freeplay as they become more and more dependent on predetermined play patterns (aka they buy stuff they already know how to play with because they're emulating a movie or TV show the toy is based off of). Kids generally don't buy what looks cool anymore, there's huge competition in the toy aisle and nearly all of it is a strong kid-theme license right now, and that which ain't dies quickly and moves on to KB's discount aisles.

Think about it a bit - how many kids do you think are currently buying Daredevil comics? Ghost Rider? Silver Surfer? Thor? Punisher? That never held back the Marvel Legends line, and before you point out that those characters are more recognizeable remember that it's been several years at least since any of those guys had any exposure on children's television and several years since a few at least have even had regular comic book series.I haven't seen 1 kid interested in Marvel Legends in years, nor Justice League figures nor DC Superheroes, these lines are mostly driven by collector interest. But at a certain level, there are comic characters who get through to kids without any media support because they're the top of the game and infused into the society's current mythos - Superman, Batman, Spider-Man. And it's no surprise then that all 3 of those franchises have separate lines catering to kids over collectors - Superman has the movie spin-off line, Batman has the "The Batman" cartoon line, and Spider-Man has Spidey Classics and Origins (notice that only Spidey survives without direct movie or cartoon support, just an interesting side-point) - and these lines have something else in common, they all are designed for play over display, they have action gimmicks and less articulation than ML and DCSH (both of which are somewhat less fun to play with because the articulation takes too much time to get one from one cool play stance to the next).

I also don't think retailers know the difference between these characters and the Marvel ones, so I don't really foresee a problem there either. Nope, I think this line will do rather well.Actually, retailers' buyers are pretty in tune with that stuff, they do a lot of marketing research before jumping in too heavily. If this Marvel Toys "Legendary Comic Book Heroes" line does well at all, it'll be because of Hasbro's incompetence with ML over its own merits, but I suspect when ML dries up it'll just take that entire type of market down with it - Legendary Comic book Heroes and DC Superheroes will both quickly fold.

The Phantom

The ShadowYeah, I'd love to see these get figures like this! However, both characters aren't comic book heroes primarily, The Phantom is a comic strip character and the Shadow is a radio character.

ZorroAlso not really a comic character, but it'd be awesome here. These 3 characters are always underappreciated.

Mage's Kevin Matchstick and friendsActually, Mage got a pretty decent line back in the late '90s.

El Chuxter
02-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Dude, why are they making Diehard?

Why give Liefeld the royalty check? Yeesh.

RooJay
02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Kids' buying trends have been steadily declining in freeplay as they become more and more dependent on predetermined play patterns (aka they buy stuff they already know how to play with because they're emulating a movie or TV show the toy is based off of). Kids generally don't buy what looks cool anymore, there's huge competition in the toy aisle and nearly all of it is a strong kid-theme license right now, and that which ain't dies quickly and moves on to KB's discount aisles.

I haven't seen 1 kid interested in Marvel Legends in years, nor Justice League figures nor DC Superheroes, these lines are mostly driven by collector interest. But at a certain level, there are comic characters who get through to kids without any media support because they're the top of the game and infused into the society's current mythos - Superman, Batman, Spider-Man. And it's no surprise then that all 3 of those franchises have separate lines catering to kids over collectors - Superman has the movie spin-off line, Batman has the "The Batman" cartoon line, and Spider-Man has Spidey Classics and Origins (notice that only Spidey survives without direct movie or cartoon support, just an interesting side-point) - and these lines have something else in common, they all are designed for play over display, they have action gimmicks and less articulation than ML and DCSH (both of which are somewhat less fun to play with because the articulation takes too much time to get one from one cool play stance to the next).

Around here at least, all of the lines you mention there are all the rage and all of the informaton I've been able to gather has each of those lines being pretty good sellers. Also, super-heroes in general are "infused into the society's current mythos" which is precisely the reason I think each of those lines does so well. This coupled with the fact that Marvel Legends in general has been a major success in the past continuing right up to the present (and I have seen plenty of kids interest in the line any time I've been in the toy departments of various retailers) and your average consumer, child or otherwise, I doubt will make the distinction between these characters and Marvel's. When I was a kid I always heavily favored articulation over any other feature I could imagine; as did my younger brother, as well all of my eighteen younger cousins and just about any other kid I knew. I see kids play nowadays and I don't think all the extra articulation bothers them at all. In fact, I can't imagine any child being handed a toy with this level of articulation only to refuse under the pretenses that he might somehow be expected to bend each leg at the knee twice. Any child that for whatever reason would rather not bother would probably play without giving much thought to posing the figure.

Actually, retailers' buyers are pretty in tune with that stuff, they do a lot of marketing research before jumping in too heavily. If this Marvel Toys "Legendary Comic Book Heroes" line does well at all, it'll be because of Hasbro's incompetence with ML over its own merits, but I suspect when ML dries up it'll just take that entire type of market down with it - Legendary Comic book Heroes and DC Superheroes will both quickly fold.

Again, I hate to disagree here but all the evidence I've seen regarding what retailers' buyers are or are not 'in tune' with indicates just the opposite. Near as I can tell all the trouble the toy industry has had in recent years is directly related to the fact that buyers are seriously uninformed about their business.

Yeah, I'd love to see these get figures like this! However, both characters aren't comic book heroes primarily, The Phantom is a comic strip character and the Shadow is a radio character.

Phantom was a comic strip character. Shadow was a radio character. If you know of any news papers or radio stations that are currently running the adventures of the Phantom or the Shadow, please direct me. I'd get a kick out of the nostalgia of seeing these heroes in their original formats after such a long time. However, I could forward you recent issues of either hero in comic book format; both of them have appeared fairly consistently in comics for the past twenty years at least. Regardless, both still qualify for this line either way, and both are still very popular with comics audiences, which I'm sure includes the makers of this line.

Also not really a comic character, but it'd be awesome here. These 3 characters are always underappreciated.

http://www.papercutz.com/zrr/zrr_moreinfo.html

Zorro's also had a pretty good run at a regular series with Topps comics as recently as the mid to late nineties, a comic which actually spawned a toy line of it's own from Playmates. Again, he still qualifies as far as I'm concerned (and since we're deconstructing my personal wishlist.)

Actually, Mage got a pretty decent line back in the late '90s.

Graphitti Designs only made the one Kevin Matchstick figure and most fans were a bit disappointed by their effort and would openly welcome a better version of the character and a chance for his friends and enemies.

Please bare in mind that my previous post was my own personal wishlist of characters I would personally like to see in this line. Your own mileage may vary, and in spite of the sentiments I'd still like to see these guys made regardless of whether or not it actually happens. If and when the line works out Marvel Toys is gonna want to expand past the initial two assortments (naturally) and these are the characters I'd like most to see make the cut. I'd say my chances are still about even.

I do digress however, as absolutely none of this matters in the least unless and until we see how the line does when it reaches retail. Besides, I highly doubt that any misgivings here will have any bearing on the fact that it's already happening anyway. All in good fun, eh wot?

(I promise JT, I am not picking on ya! Nothin' but love!)

JediTricks
02-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Also, super-heroes in general are "infused into the society's current mythos" which is precisely the reason I think each of those lines does so well.I strongly disagree, that's why we have mountains of ML figures from both Hasbro and Toy Biz clogging shelves around here, the less well-known they are, they less they sell.

Again, I hate to disagree here but all the evidence I've seen regarding what retailers' buyers are or are not 'in tune' with indicates just the opposite. Near as I can tell all the trouble the toy industry has had in recent years is directly related to the fact that buyers are seriously uninformed about their business.Look at the epic amount of junk retailers aren't buying from Toy Fair every year. They follow trends pretty carefully, they dialed back Pokemon after its run slowed, they tread cautiously into the phony Transformers lines, they knew that females and neimoidians were choking the life out of Star Wars and said they wouldn't buy any more Ep 1 toys if those 2 categories were included. They're not trend-leaders but they are somewhat adept at following trends.

Phantom was a comic strip character. Shadow was a radio character. If you know of any news papers or radio stations that are currently running the adventures of the Phantom or the Shadow, please direct me.I'm guessing you missed the part about "primarily", whether or not they're currently active in either medium they are still PRIMARILY not comic book heroes because PRIMARILY they're from other media. Primarily. :p

However, I could forward you recent issues of either hero in comic book format; both of them have appeared fairly consistently in comics for the past twenty years at least. Regardless, both still qualify for this line either way, and both are still very popular with comics audiences, which I'm sure includes the makers of this line.If by "fairly consistently" and "very popular" you mean they've made next to no impact or sales in the past 60 years they've been printed in comic books in the rarest of rare times they get out and they're so unnoticed they almost qualify as "underground", then yeah. ;)

BTW, the last to paragraphs I just made also apply to Zorro, and the Zorro toy line from Playmates was based on the short-lived cartoon, not the comic book. I actually have a few of those Zorro figs from Playmates, action gimmicky and over-muscled but entertaining none the less.

Graphitti Designs only made the one Kevin Matchstick figure and most fans were a bit disappointed by their effort and would openly welcome a better version of the character and a chance for his friends and enemies.You sure about just the 1? I came across that figure in my collection on Saturday while cleaning, thought there was a couple others in the set, couldn't find the damn bat.

Anyway, I'd like to see this line succeed, but everything I've seen in the toy industry over the last 15 years says otherwise.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-23-2007, 02:13 PM
JJB came from the Toy Heavens and graced me with this link of some pics of wave 3 of ML:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=10739

Pics include:
-Black Knight
-Astonshing X-Men Cyclops
-Danger
-Marvel Girl - Rachel Grey
-Brood Queen (BAF)

Figs that weren't shown yet: X3 colossus, Bucky, Captain America, and Hydra Soldier. I'm really loving this lineup thus far. :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
02-23-2007, 02:18 PM
I still think they're horrible-looking, but those look way better than anything from Wave 1 or 2.

BountyHunterScum
02-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Has anyone seen the Icons Punisher yet?

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Marvel Girl looks passable. But, then again, the prototypes shown at Comic-Con in July all looked awesome, and we see how the line turned out.

Who the hell is "Danger"?

JediTricks
02-23-2007, 06:50 PM
That's weird, when I first clicked the link it didn't work, but now it does. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of these. The materials and paint are still pretty poor here as well. The BAF Brood looks a little weird with those goofy thick teeth.

Rocketboy
02-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Marvel Girl actually looks like a decent sculpt.

Who the hell is "Danger"?She's from Whedon's Astonishing X-Men - the Danger Room come to life (not as bad as it sounds).

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 11:44 PM
"Not as bad as it sounds"? Are you referring to the concept, or that half-wit writing an X-Men book?

Phantom-like Menace
02-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Since I first heard of this line up, I've begun to anticipate Marvel Girl the most. I notice three things in rapid succession: the figure is in exactly the outfit I wanted, it's a surprisingly good head sculpt for Marvel Legends, but it does look a little cartoony.

Danger looks better than I expected, but I'm not sure if I would ever get the figure. We've needed a new ML Cyclops figure for some time, and this one looks pretty nice. Black Knight doesn't look too bad.

Those are the only figures I have any real interest in. I'm glad we got to see them. I was worried we were only going to see Hasbro ML-2.

Rocketboy
02-24-2007, 10:12 AM
"Not as bad as it sounds"? Are you referring to the concept, or that half-wit writing an X-Men book?The concept. (Yeah, I forgot you had a thing or two against Whedon)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-24-2007, 01:55 PM
More pics posted

Bucky (http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2007_NYCC%2FHasbro%2FMarvel_Legends%2FWave_3&pic=IMG_6610.jpg&dispsize=800&start=40)

Colossus, Captain America, and what looks like a Hydra Soldier (http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2007_NYCC%2FHasbro%2FMarvel_Legends%2FWave_3&pic=005.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0)

That colossus looks kinda goofy around the hips and the leg joints. I don't care much for Captain America and Bucky. Hydra soldier looks decent. :thumbsup:

RooJay
02-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Those look pretty cool (especially Black Knight) but I'm worried in that I see a couple of articulation points missing on several of those figures. I've supported Hasbro ML up until now, I've actually been quite happy with them, but this is going to be what kills my interest. I need my Legends to be more articulated. If they're not, then they have ceased to be Marvel Legends in my opinion. I'm not nearly a big enough Marvel fan to continue buying a line of ordinary Marvel figures; I need them to be extra-ordinary. I do notice though, that it looks like those elbow joints on Marvel Girl look like they have much greater range of motion than your average run of the mill ball-jointed elbow.

Their Cyclops does, however, look much cooler than any Cyclops that ToyBiz put out!

...and for the record, I'm not certain a partially articulated figure of a Hydra Soldier is going to warrant the 10 bucks from anybody that they're wanting us to spend on it. That figure should be a pack-in in that format.

JediTricks
02-26-2007, 04:40 PM
That colossus looks kinda goofy around the hips and the leg joints. I don't care much for Captain America and Bucky. Colossus indeed looks weird with those overinflated thighs leading to a tiny waist. I don't like his head either, too long from the eyes-up.

Bucky and Cap are so wrong. Neither headsculpt translates at all - I know they're trying to go for a '40s artwork look but it comes off with Bucky looking like a ventriloquist dummy and Cap looking like some old anime drawing. Bucky's ears are huge which forces him to have sideburns, his mask is too small, his collar is offensively wrong, torso is too long, and those waders don't translate at all. Cap's outfit is pretty solid, but the beltloops should be red, and I don't think the sculpted scales or red and white stripes on the torso translate too well.

Bacta Beast
02-26-2007, 04:53 PM
In my opinion, Hasbro is making this line even worse. There were enough problems with the Toybiz line but at least the figures themselves (most of them) looked good. Has anyone noticed that the new Thor doesn't have double jointed knees? The FF2 Silver Surfer makes me barf! I'm seeing way to many images of figures that lack bicep joints under the shoulder and torso joints. And we're supposed to pony up more money for these things? Hasbro needs to pay attention to fan feedback with this line befoire they kill it. The one hope that I have for this line under Hasbro, is that distribution will inprove. The variants and chase figures made me sick!

evenflow
02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
The 5 inch figures look so much smaller in comparison. I am glad to hear they will be doing 2 separete lines, keeping the 6 inch scale. I am unsure if i will continue buying though.

Phantom-like Menace
03-03-2007, 12:30 AM
According to the Fwooshnet Forums, Showdown Series 3 and 4 have been found on clearance at KB stores. They're supposed to be about four bucks each.

If anyone has KB in his or her area and can help me out, I need every figure from Series 4 and I'd like to get two Cykes and two Invisible Women so I can give the duplicates to friends. I'd be looking to pay money for them if found. I'd happily cover cost, shipping and add a little on the side.

evenflow
03-04-2007, 04:39 PM
It seems the TRU has an exclusive clear Emma Frost from HML1. I guess it's time to check TRU.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
My buddy who is stationed at Camp Pendelton out in Cali was out hunting last night (leaving for Iraq on monday, trying to hunt a bit) and found ALL of the new Hasbro Spidey Classics. I can't recall what store it was, but i believe he said it was a Wally World. He bought each one as he said they looked pretty decent, but they're actually MORE expensive than the Origins line?!!? I still just want the Kraven figure, but if you want these, start lookin'! :thumbsup:

and does anybody know how many actual spidey 3 figures we're getting? I saw a brief list on the SHH! boards and I counted nearly 30 (just of spidey 3 figures, not the new origins, etc). Is this accurate?!?!!!?!? :whip:

BountyHunterScum
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Good thing I got the Captain America icons 12" figures when I did.

evenflow
03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Looks like a few Psylocke and Luke Cage variants made it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Legends-Variant-Psylocke-Power-Man-Figure-Set_W0QQitemZ290092164167QQcategoryZ348QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Phantom-like Menace
03-16-2007, 01:22 AM
This isn't the most solid speculation, but this sort of thing isn't exactly science. Hasbro's second ML series has hit in Hong Kong and a general rule of thumb (I'm told) says they usually start hitting here about a month later.

JediTricks
03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah, a month is a good round number, though I've seen as short as a week.

DarthBrandon
03-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Good thing I got the Captain America icons 12" figures when I did.

Good thing I stopped buying Marvel Legends when Hasbro took over, I picked up one (Iron Man Ult) for my son & that's it. The rest of the line looks like crap & unfortunately I have nothing positive to say about it. The only figure that slightly peaks my interest is Bucky & that's only if he looks good up in person. So I went from buying nearly every single figure including some of the variants to just one or two. Even the Spiderman 3 figures I spotted at Wally World yesterday look like carp (crappy paint apps, figures in the package with bent limbs, & a horrid purple Venom) & the size does not fit in with my other Spiderman figures. I wanted a black Spiderman 3 figure to go along with the rest from previous movies, but I seen this & I just gave up totally on Hasbro all together.:frus: (:thumbsup:) Turn that upside down.

BountyHunterScum
03-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Good thing I stopped buying Marvel Legends when Hasbro took over, I picked up one (Iron Man Ult) for my son & that's it. The rest of the line looks like crap & unfortunately I have nothing positive to say about it. The only figure that slightly peaks my interest is Bucky & that's only if he looks good up in person. So I went from buying nearly every single figure including some of the variants to just one or two. Even the Spiderman 3 figures I spotted at Wally World yesterday look like carp (crappy paint apps, figures in the package with bent limbs, & a horrid purple Venom) & the size does not fit in with my other Spiderman figures. I wanted a black Spiderman 3 figure to go along with the rest from previous movies, but I seen this & I just gave up totally on Hasbro all together.:frus: (:thumbsup:) Turn that upside down.

These icons were toybiz. So you picked the wrong post to be negative to.

DarthBrandon
03-17-2007, 05:58 PM
These icons were toybiz. So you picked the wrong post to be negative to.

Think not, I like Toybiz, can't stand Marvel Figures of any sort from Hasbro (that's what I was being negative to, not your post my friend), & it's a good thing you did pick up the Icons Cap when you did, cause Hasblow's would have stunk big time.:yes:

BountyHunterScum
03-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Think not, I like Toybiz, can't stand Marvel Figures of any sort from Hasbro (that's what I was being negative to, not your post my friend), & it's a good thing you did pick up the Icons Cap when you did, cause Hasblow's would have stunk big time.:yes:

Yes they were. Capt America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spiderman, Beast, Hulk and Venom are all products of Toybiz. Thor, Brown Wolverine and Punisher are Hasbro, I plan on getting Punisher only. Speaking of Marvel I found the Shapeshifters at KB this morning.

DarthBrandon
03-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Yes they were. Capt America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spiderman, Beast, Hulk and Venom are all products of Toybiz. Thor, Brown Wolverine and Punisher are Hasbro, I plan on getting Punisher only. Speaking of Marvel I found the Shapeshifters at KB this morning.

Yes, my friend I understand that Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spidey, etc are Toybiz products (been collecting Toybiz for some time now). I think you misunderstood what I was being negative to (Hasbro), all I was saying is that Hasbro's line of Legends, Icons etc will stink compaired to Toybiz & it's a good thing you got some good ones while the going was good. On another note, I spotted the new Thor & wolverine along with the Spidey 3 figures the other day. I must say I'm releaved to be saving some cash on some sub-par products.

BountyHunterScum
03-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Yes, my friend I understand that Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spidey, etc are Toybiz products (been collecting Toybiz for some time now). I think you misunderstood what I was being negative to (Hasbro), all I was saying is that Hasbro's line of Legends, Icons etc will stink compaired to Toybiz & it's a good thing you got some good ones while the going was good. On another note, I spotted the new Thor & wolverine along with the Spidey 3 figures the other day. I must say I'm releaved to be saving some cash on some sub-par products.

Ok cool. That is why I'm getting Punisher only, I hear the Wolverine is wrong anyway plus I'm not a Thor fan. I was shocked that the Masked Capt and Wolvie from series 1 were the rare ones.

LTBasker
03-25-2007, 03:01 AM
Spotted a ton of the Spider-Man 3 figures, and yeah...they look like crap. The think that really stuck me as just downright strange though was that Venom is purple. That just didn't look right.

DarthBrandon
03-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Spotted a ton of the Spider-Man 3 figures, and yeah...they look like crap. The think that really stuck me as just downright strange though was that Venom is purple. That just didn't look right.

Yeah, Venom is off, but so are the rest of them, even the Black Spiderman looks out of place. The price hike for figures that are smaller than the average Toybiz line with little articulation on most along with the sub-par paint apps have really killed my interest all together. I may buy an old Spiderman 2 figure & paint it black to accomodate what I would like to have. I knew as soon as it was announced that Hasbro had the license, it was going to be the end to a good thing, sad but true.:sad:

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I saw a peg full of Hasbro Marvel Legends silver Wolverine yesterday at TRU, it's apparently a TRU exclusive to commemorate Wolvie's 25th anniversary (the cardback explains it's the 25th anniversary of his own book, but only through piecing it together, they never mention the character has been in Marvel for 33 years). Wolverine looks REALLY odd in all silver, and I think it was one of the Toy Biz molds but I couldn't be sure.

BlueSnags
03-25-2007, 11:17 PM
I saw a peg full of the TRU Exclusive Emma Frost yesterday. It's an improvement over the regular version, if only because it's semi-transparent and you can't see the figure as well.

Phantom-like Menace
03-28-2007, 01:54 AM
This isn't the most solid speculation, but this sort of thing isn't exactly science. Hasbro's second ML series has hit in Hong Kong and a general rule of thumb (I'm told) says they usually start hitting here about a month later.

And it's less than a month. Reports are coming in that these have been found at Wal-Mart in Iowa and in a couple other places.

Also, Marvel Legends Showdown series 3 and 4 have now been found at Big Lots, so if you're still looking for any of these guys, you might check there. My stores had nothing, but I'm going to continue checking.

Darth Cruel
03-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Add California to the list. I saw the second wave at Wal-Mart in Victorville 2 days ago. I left them hanging since I quit doing ML.

I have also been seeing the silver Wolverine and TRU Emma Frost clogging the pegs at TRU.

JediTricks
03-29-2007, 04:02 AM
I have a motto for Hasbro's handling of the Marvel license:

Two bucks forward and two steps back

LTBasker
03-29-2007, 05:08 AM
Hah, that's genius and so very true!

Sadly, I'm going to be picking up at least X3 Juggernaut to go with my X2 Magneto, saw a pic of them together and Juggy doesn't look too horrible. I'll probably have him standing mostly behind Magneto just in case though.

JediTricks
03-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Sadly, I'm going to be picking up at least X3 Juggernaut to go with my X2 Magneto, saw a pic of them together and Juggy doesn't look too horrible. Er... maybe you should think of a different nickname there. ;)

Darth Cruel
03-29-2007, 03:33 PM
I have a motto for Hasbro's handling of the Marvel license:

Two bucks forward and two steps back

Good Stuff JT. Too funny!

El Chuxter
04-02-2007, 11:55 PM
But, sadly, totally accurate. I think that if Hasbro released a wave of Sleepwalker, Jubilee, Forge, ROM Spaceknight, Death's Head, and Circuit Breaker with an Uatu BAF, I still might pass on it. :dead:

BountyHunterScum
04-03-2007, 12:12 AM
When I went to TRU today they had a lone TRU Emma Frost so I picked it up.

plasticfetish
04-03-2007, 01:13 AM
But, sadly, totally accurate. I think that if Hasbro released a wave of Sleepwalker, Jubilee, Forge, ROM Spaceknight, Death's Head, and Circuit Breaker with an Uatu BAF, I still might pass on it. :dead:Wow... even ROM? ;) (Saw an issue of ROM at the thrift store the other day, and thought about you Chux.)

RooJay
04-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Man, there are an awful lot of far worse figures that have come out over the years that still even managed to be quite popular. I still for the life of me can't see why everyone is so down on these. Sure, an argument can be made that they're not as good as they could be. An argument can be made that they're even not as good as they should be or have been in the past when ToyBiz was doing them. Still, as far as mass market action figures go, Hasbro's Marvel Legends are great figures.

Ahh well...at least they'll be much easier for me to find when I go looking.

plasticfetish
04-03-2007, 06:17 AM
I still for the life of me can't see why everyone is so down on these.Yep, it's because they're not as good as they could be, they're not as good as they should be or have been in the past when ToyBiz was doing them. ;)

I'd give 'em a pass if I thought they were trying, but so far Hasbro hasn't lived up to their potential with this line. Toy Biz didn't always make gold, but Hasbro isn't even trying for silver.

El Chuxter
04-03-2007, 11:28 AM
The reasons we're "down" on the Marvel Legends:

1) Significant drop in paint quality

2) Significant drop in choice of character quality

3) Shortpacked figures in Build-A-Figure waves (and that's even without variants)

4) Loss of all the pack-ins

5) You get all of the above for a mere $2 (or $3, depending on where you shop) increase

BlueSnags
04-03-2007, 02:00 PM
In the past, many poorly-made figures sold well despite being terrible because they were a "hot" movie/TV property tie-in. These ML figures really have nothing going for them - they pretty much have to stand on their own. They don't even include comic books anymore.

They are truly craptastic figures.

Phantom-like Menace
04-03-2007, 11:44 PM

Aside from the fact that they've only had opportunity to release stuff Toy Biz was working on before the license changed, I really can't complain about this one too much. The only figure I actually wanted from ML-14 was Psylocke, and I got Falcon grudgingly to fill out the Avengers roster. I only really wanted three figures from 13, three figures from 12 (and I only include Bishop because I finally decided I needed him in my X-Men), and I only purchased two figures from 11. They can't all be ML-15. As it is, HML-2 has three figures I really want and a BAF that is going to force me to buy all of them, and HML-3 looks like it's going to have three figures I really want, though the BAF leaves me less impressed than Annihilus.

And that was going to be done by Toy Biz anyway.

5) You get all of the above for a mere $2 (or $3, depending on where you shop) increase

And even I will admit I'm most likely just being cynical, but I always figure your fifth reason is the most significant reason everyone is so upset, and even then we knew absolutely we were going to get less for more. And I've said it a million times, but I'm still surprised Hasbro kept the BAF at any size.

I always feel like if these exact same figures said Toy Biz on them and cost $7.99, there would have been half as many pages of people complaining and even then it would only be about the loss of comics and clamshell packaging. Maybe a handful of people would have laughed about how Toy Biz just can't sculpt a good female face, but there wouldn't be page after page after page of lamentation and several people acting like an ugly female sculpt is unacceptable.

RooJay
04-04-2007, 01:53 AM
The reasons we're "down" on the Marvel Legends:

1) Significant drop in paint quality

Hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but from where I'm sitting the paint apps are still just as good if not better than what ToyBiz was doing - that was always one of my main issues with ToyBiz throughout their line. In general, I see the paint issues on the new ML as nothing more than par for the course. Like I said - I guess it's a subjective thing.

I won't argue with ya again here as once more, this is purely a subjective thing. Personally, I never felt Hercules and Banshee would come around soon enough as they are two of my absolute favorite Marvel characters and very necessary additions to the Avengers lineup; ditto for She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, Quicksilver. Again, I understand how your mileage would vary. Having heard you say this, I now wonder which characters you personally would consider to be 'quality' characters?

3) Shortpacked figures in Build-A-Figure waves (and that's even without variants)

This one, however, truly eludes me. Which figures are you missing? I can help you find them as not a one of them was ever not readily available at all retailers in my area. If anything, they first assortment might actually be too easy to find around here - no thrill of the hunt, if you know what I mean.

For instance? I'm at a loss to imagine what ToyBiz might've included with any of these characters that Hasbro has not. If it's the bases you refer to - again it must be just subjective as I never had a use for them anyway, and I only saw them as a waste of plastic to begin with.

Had to happen some time. ML were already an outstanding and unusual value when ToyBiz was doing them. They were always a rarity and even an anomaly at their old price point. Sucks, but...you know.

Again, I understand what issues are at play here, and why some take offense to them. I just don't get why everyone seems as upset as they are about them. It's just not nearly that bad from my point of view and I'm just glad to see ML continue largely unchanged (as I see it anyway.)

RooJay
04-04-2007, 01:54 AM
I always feel like if these exact same figures said Toy Biz on them and cost $7.99, there would have been half as many pages of people complaining and even then it would only be about the loss of comics and clamshell packaging. Maybe a handful of people would have laughed about how Toy Biz just can't sculpt a good female face, but there wouldn't be page after page after page of lamentation and several people acting like an ugly female sculpt is unacceptable.

My thoughts exactly!

El Chuxter
04-04-2007, 04:18 AM
This one, however, truly eludes me. Which figures are you missing? I can help you find them as not a one of them was ever not readily available at all retailers in my area. If anything, they first assortment might actually be too easy to find around here - no thrill of the hunt, if you know what I mean.

I've seen them all, but Iron Man much less frequently. He's not even a variant. He's just a shortpack. When you figure in that each figure has an Annihilus part, that's silliness.

For instance? I'm at a loss to imagine what ToyBiz might've included with any of these characters that Hasbro has not. If it's the bases you refer to - again it must be just subjective as I never had a use for them anyway, and I only saw them as a waste of plastic to begin with.

The bases, dioramas, and trading cards, for three. Not that they were great, but they were freebies. And there's some other thing ToyBiz used to pack in. What was it? Oh yeah! An actual comic book!

As for the character choices, I'll concede that the last few ToyBiz waves were coming up with some real strange ones. But to continue the mediocre choices with the other dropoffs makes it easier to find any additional minor reason to drop a line.

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm also underwhelmed by Hasbro's sub-quality materials and manufacturing qualities.

BountyHunterScum
04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I found the Icons Punisher at Walmart this morning. This time there isn't a variant only the T style Bradstreet Skinny Skull on his shirt. F that I prefer the running paint Tom Jane version but I bought it anyway because I like Punisher.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Picked up Ultimate Wolvie, Juggers, and Xorn today at wal-mart. Still need Quicksilver and both Phoenix versions! :thumbsup:

RooJay
04-27-2007, 02:39 AM
I have so far managed to only find Juggernaut so far - seems like these remain pretty popular in spite of prevailing sentiments online. I've really gotta hand it to Hasbro, I really didn't want to have to buy this guy. First of all, I've never had even the slightest urge to collect X-Men movie figures (and am not fond of owning only one character from the series and not having any others to go along with him) and secondly, I absolutely hated X3 with Juggernaut being one of my least favorite designs from that movie. I only ever intended to buy the thing to finish my Blob. That having been said, I actually love this figure! The articulation is actually better with the addition of stiffer 'clicky' joints. The paint work is much more subtle and natural looking than dirty looking wash job I'm sure ToyBiz would've used. The likeness is pretty darn good, the material feels much sturdier, and the character even looks great alongside all my comic inspired Marvel Legends.
I'm again left mystified that so many people seem to be hating on Hasbro so bad. I'm still not happy about the seeming lack of certain joints on upcoming figures, but still don't see anything that would make me as angry as a lot of fans online seem. I'd like to mention once more that all the ML hate going around lately just means that there'll be more for me, but it doesn't seem like sales have diminished nearly as much as it would at first have seemed. Hasbro's Marvel Legends remain as hard to find as they ever were when they were with ToyBiz. So...you know...would all you guys who've been ragging on the line please stop buying them already so I can find some for myself?:thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
04-27-2007, 02:58 PM
I loathe X3.

Phantom-like Menace
04-28-2007, 11:40 PM
I'd like to mention once more that all the ML hate going around lately just means that there'll be more for me, but it doesn't seem like sales have diminished nearly as much as it would at first have seemed.

I have a friend who grudgingly purchased Banshee and Emma because he liked the characters despite hating the figures. He found all of HML-2 and grabbed them. He's describing them as a vast improvement.
As for Hasbro's sales, I saw this article:

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=26352

Darth Cruel
04-29-2007, 12:13 AM
There certainly does not seem to be very many of us who walked away from ML after Hasbro took over. I am not seeing any more peg-warmers than the previous makers had.

I was surpised about that, but I guess I shouldn't have been. I know why I tolerate Hasbro's lousy sculpting, articulation, and paint apps (on some figures). And I know why I voluntarily suffer the collector's worst enemy, Target, for distribution (of exclusives...I refuse to buy anything else there). Because I love the Star Wars story and characters, and if I don't buy the ones Hasbro makes and Target gets (primarily the ones they get as exclusives), then I don't get the figures as there is no choice. And I can see how, whether or not a person is happy with the product, there simply is no other choice to get the figures in this medium.

The article that was linked to above gives the credit to the potential of the movie toys that are coming out soon and in the future. It doesn't even mention ML. And this is interesting to me. I couldn't stomach the fact that my Spider-Man 3 figures could not be displayed interacting with my ML if I were still collecting. After, lets see, Hulk, X-Men 1, 2, and 3, Fantastic Four 1, and 2, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 1, and 2, Punisher and how many other movie toys were done to the same scale as ML...a few of those movies were actually done IN the ML line...now Marvel Collectors are given the toys from a sequel that are not even in the same scale as the previous 2 movies. I wonder if the previous manufacturer would have changed the scale in the middle of the saga.

Or am I wrong about any of this. I have been out of ML collecting for a few months now, is my information incomplete, or old?

JediTricks
04-29-2007, 04:06 PM
I think they're vastly overestimating how those movie toys will go over.

Phantom-like Menace
05-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, I was able to grab all of HML-2 but She-Hulk and Juggernaut. I found HML-1 the first time at Target but found HML-2 the first time at Wal-Mart.

I don't see the vast improvement over HML-1 but then I didn't think HML-1 was a commentable tragedy. The Thor figure seems okay, but I really don't like Thor so that does me no good. I'd really like to complete Blob soon.

darthvyn
05-06-2007, 03:43 PM
hey, just wanted to say, if anyone's got an extra banshee from hml1 on their hands that they're going to use for customs, but don't need his arms, i could use them - i want to put his arms on my ASM electro to give him some better articulation, because he's an awesome figure other than the gimmick arms.

Jayspawn
05-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Picked up X3 Juggernaut at a comic shop today. Pretty decent figure I must say. Good likeness and articulation.

I'm really hoping they do X3 Wolverine and Magneto in the future.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Stopped at the exact same WM I stopped at two weeks back and they had gotten in another case, so I picked up Phoenix and Quicksilver! I want to track down the variants, but I haven't had any luck thus far. There was an auction a week or so ago that had both Quicksilver and JG variants and it was well over $100. Screw that. I'll keep hunting though. :thumbsup:

I did find the Hulk variant though from wave 1. I didn't even notice it until a few weeks ago when I saw pics online. I gotta say he looks pretty stellar with the metal casing on his arm and that larger armor! Very awesome!

BountyHunterScum
05-12-2007, 08:57 AM
I picked up X3 Juggernaut and She-Hulk at Walmart yesterday. I'm the Juggernaut, B*tch! I may get Dark Phoenix variant.

Beast
05-29-2007, 02:01 AM
Here's one of the first gifts of my return to these forums. Possible pictures of what may be HML4's X-3 Angel. He showed up one of the My Space pages of someone who's a sculptor for Hasbro. Yes, he's in an X-Men Costume, which Angel wasn't in X3. Though there are set pictures and publicity photos of Angel in the X-Men Costume. Just look at the Deluxe Edition's DVD box. So it's likely the storyline changed during production, and they decided to go ahead with the Angel as an X-Man figure anyway. It looks sweet so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/X3Angel.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/X3AngelWing.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/X3Angel2.jpg

El Chuxter
05-29-2007, 02:11 AM
The continued use of figures from the embarassingly subpar X3 is one of the main reasons I quit. I couldn't stand to have carp like X3 Juggernaut or Phoenix just to complete BAF's that I'd otherwise want.

Beast
05-29-2007, 02:23 AM
Heh. I love the X3 figures so far. Especially X3 Beast, great figure.

In fact, I'd like to see a boxset or exclusive series featuring retools of some of the more major characters tied into the Wolverine or Magneto movies. Magneto, Xavier, Cyclops, Rogue, Iceman, Storm, and Mystique. Shouldn't be too hard, Hasbro got all of Toy Biz's old molds.

Phantom-like Menace
05-29-2007, 04:36 AM
The only reason the first few Hasbro waves of MLs have X-Men 3 figures is because the crappy movie was rushed into production so quickly that the figures couldn't be put out at once. I doubt after Colossus and Angel we'll be seeing too many more, if any.

Beast
05-29-2007, 11:11 AM
The mysterious person who dropped early pictures of Black Knight and Brood Queen is back with clues for Hasbro's Marvel Legends IV. Let's start speculating! :D

Long time. No leak.

Since things have gotten a little slow in ML world, decided I should stop by with a few hints...Sorry, NO PICS this time...I ****ed off enough people with the Brood Queen/Black Knight pics last time, but here are some hints at what's to come...

ML4 will still have an 8 figure line-up.

5 characters are all new/never been done before in ML, while 3 are different versions of previously released characters.

The Line-UP:
1.) FA Storm - already said it
2.) Black Bolt - already said it
3.) only Avenger in this series
4.) Shiny!
5.) NON-616 character; (not from ultimate universe either)
6.) a marvel mainstay gets a new version
7.) an icon gets shrunken down
8.) Highly requested character! (sorry that's all you're getting...)
BAF: maintain that he/she/it's a 90's x-character...not strong guy.

For those that are worried about the future of ML, there are already future series for '08 in the works...some of which have already been sculpted. If the Fwoosh most requested countdown is any indication, then there'll be much love for the upcoming series with some unbelievable surprises.

For the skeptics...it's cool if you don't buy it...but come SDCC or whenever these are finally revealed, look back to these hints...

I'm out.

EDIT: It's already become aware to me that I should have really put a disclaimer that over time things do change! With that being said by the time that series 4 is finally shown, the line-up may vary somewhat. I will say that I have actually seen all these figures, but some may get bumped back. When these are finally shown, I will reveal the original line-up...

El Chuxter
05-29-2007, 12:05 PM
If #5 is Nth Man, I'll have to buy my first Hasbro ML figure.

Random's not large enough to be a BAF, is he? Nor Stryfe? Another Onslaught?

Beast
05-29-2007, 12:54 PM
If #5 is Nth Man, I'll have to buy my first Hasbro ML figure.

Random's not large enough to be a BAF, is he? Nor Stryfe? Another Onslaught?
Random's pretty big. But the consensus is likely either Holocaust or god forbid, Sugar Man.

There were early rumors that it could be the Phalanx version of Cameron Hodge.

http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-H/HodgeCameron.jpg

evenflow
05-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I am hoping the highly requested character is Adam Warlock. The Non-616 character could be a 2099 character.

RooJay
05-30-2007, 02:26 AM
Random's pretty big. But the consensus is likely either Holocaust or god forbid, Sugar Man.

There were early rumors that it could be the Phalanx version of Cameron Hodge.

http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-H/HodgeCameron.jpg

All of those BAF characters mentioned above suck, which would make it real easy for even me to pass on figures that I'm not too excited about. Would be a shame.

Technically 2099 is supposed to be 616, albeit a possible future for that universe. My guess, and I might be inclined to put money on it, would be a Squadron Supreme/Supreme Power character. (Ooh, I know there's not a chance in heck that it'll happen, but what if it were a character from the Dark Tower: Gunslinger Born mini?)

Beast
05-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I could go for a Holocaust figure. That would be pretty cool in my opinion.

And no, 2099 was shown to be an alternate reality.

Spider-Man 2099 is even on The Exiles at the moment.

El Chuxter
05-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Marvel: We have ten million futures, but none of them's the real future.

Beast
05-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Marvel: We have ten million futures, but none of them's the real future.
Same with DC. They don't want to lock anything down to being the actual future.

El Chuxter
05-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah, but I'd be impressed if some major comic came up with a future timeline, then stuck with it.

Beast
05-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Here's the info and pics for the SDCC She-Hulk. She appears to have interchangable hands and feet so you can make her either Lawyer Shulkie or FF Shulkie. I have to say, it's pretty damn cool. $14.99 at SDCC. And hopefully she will be available from HasbroOnline. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/She-Hulk01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/She-Hulk02.jpg

High-powered Super Hero attorney Jennifer Walters hasn't always been a solo act. During one of Ben Grimm's extended absences from the Fantastic Four, she filled in as the First Family's heavy hitter. As part of the gang of four, she split her time between serving as legal counsel to her teammates and many of New York's other heroes, and trading blows with the likes of Doctor Doom and Terminus. She served with distinction as the longest-term replacement for any member of the Fantastic Four, and remains friends with all of them to this day. Her first duty, however, has always been to justice. Even during this busy time she kept up her legal practice and maintained her qualifications, and appeared in court as often as possible (when she wasn't captured by the Beyonder or crushing Doombots in Latveria). Ready for play or display, this She-Hulk figure is highly detailed. Add this HasbroToyShop exclusive to your collection by finding it at Comic-Con 2007!

RooJay
05-31-2007, 02:05 AM
Here's the info and pics for the SDCC She-Hulk. She appears to have interchangable hands and feet so you can make her either Lawyer Shulkie or FF Shulkie. I have to say, it's pretty damn cool. $14.99 at SDCC. And hopefully she will be available from HasbroOnline. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/She-Hulk01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/She-Hulk02.jpg

Wicked cool! Good to hear even those of us who can't make the show will have a chance at it.

darthvyn
05-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Same with DC. They don't want to lock anything down to being the actual future.

there was talk of making "kingdom come" the actual future, and DC was on their way. don't know if it's still the idea or not...

RooJay
06-01-2007, 03:31 AM
there was talk of making "kingdom come" the actual future, and DC was on their way. don't know if it's still the idea or not...

They're definitely still heading that way. Especially since the end of Infinite Crisis and 52. Of course, the future can always be changed - what's future today is Elseworlds tomorrow, and vice-versa.

plasticfetish
06-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Found Series 2 at last... picked up Yellowjacket (nice enough) and Quicksilver (okay, but the joints are a bit loose.)

Will put photos up over at actionfigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=656#post656) in time. :yes:

BountyHunterScum
06-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Saw Rise of the Silver Surfer figs at Walmart including Surfer ML but someone raided the regular SS figures. All of them, greedy bastard-itis.

Beast
06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Posted news about the Marvel Legends Spider-Man 3 Series over in the Spidey thread. :)

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=552977&postcount=105

RooJay
06-05-2007, 01:54 AM
I keep hearing about a Stan Lee Spider-Man figure all over the place, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with this thing? I've heard it mentioned a few places in articles about the CC exclusive She-Hulk, and if I'm not mistaken even the SDCC flyer that was recently sent out mentions an exclusive ML Stan Lee alongside the listing of Shulkie. What gives? Anyone?

Beast
06-05-2007, 09:57 AM
I keep hearing about a Stan Lee Spider-Man figure all over the place, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with this thing? I've heard it mentioned a few places in articles about the CC exclusive She-Hulk, and if I'm not mistaken even the SDCC flyer that was recently sent out mentions an exclusive ML Stan Lee alongside the listing of Shulkie. What gives? Anyone?
Not sure. I've seen pictures of it, but I don't have any real news otherwise. :)

http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39534
http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=2037299

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Awww dang! I wasn't feeling it at first but by the end of that first set of pictures, I was blown away. I'm getting it... provided Hasbro doesn't make another SDCC-exclusives blunder like last year.

darthvyn
06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
yeah, holy crap! i didn't scroll down to the last pics, the interchangeable heads really seals the deal, especially since it looks like a first-appearance spidey.

i might have to submit a formal request here and now that anyone going to SDCC please grab me one of these!

RooJay
06-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Wow, that's a pretty cool idea! Of course, the hair and glasses are all wrong, but I'd still love to have one.

Beast
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Here's the first pics of Hasbro's Marvel Legends Icons - Series IV.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/large/HAS13620.jpg

Both look pretty good. I hope they tweak Magneto's helmet before he gets released. They really need to shrink this Mags down and release him in the Marvel Legends line at some point. A new good looking Magneto has been needed for a long time. :)

El Chuxter
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM
The pics look great. But Hasbro has a way of PhotoShopping these preliminary pics to make them look great, and the finished product looks like butt. And we already know every Marvel figure produced by Hasbro looks like double-butt.

Beast
06-06-2007, 12:28 PM
The pics look great. But Hasbro has a way of PhotoShopping these preliminary pics to make them look great, and the finished product looks like butt. And we already know every Marvel figure produced by Hasbro looks like double-butt.
I disagree. I liked the X3 Beast. And Emma wasn't too bad. Banshee only suffered from not having his collar, and having a perma-screaming head. I wish they would have went with an interchangable head for him. I didn't buy any of the others, but Planet Hulk and Iron Man looked pretty good. And HML Series II is a huge improvement over HML Series I.

El Chuxter
06-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Banshee also suffered from having skin that was a brighter yellow than his costume, and Emma suffered from looking like Michael Jackson in lingerie. X3 Beast wasn't too bad, despite a bout with anorexia.

Beast
06-06-2007, 06:26 PM
While I wasn't too thrilled with Series I of the Fantastic Four 2 figures...

Series II looks like a huge improvement. Warning, there be spoilers at the link.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/large/HAS13632.jpg

Larger pics over at MarvelousNews.Com:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=10961

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
yeah, holy crap! i didn't scroll down to the last pics, the interchangeable heads really seals the deal, especially since it looks like a first-appearance spidey.That and the plastic incarnation of the removed mask also sold it for me.

Beast
06-07-2007, 12:33 AM
CoolToysReview.Com has the heads up on Marvel Legends - Servies IV!!

The 411: Marvel Legends Series 4
Posted by D_Martin on June 6, 2007 at 08:19 PM CST:

There has been some controversy in the collecting community with Hasbro's take on the line started by Toy Biz way back in 2000, but the kids love them (and so does this writer). For the fourth wave of Marvel Legends, Hasbro once more impressed the heck out of us. This time around we're not seeing any movie-based figures, but we're getting everything else we love. First Appearance costumes, Scantly clad tiger women, and more Age Of Apocalypse than you can shake a stick at…

First Appearance Daredevil
Hasbro is going old school and they are doing it right! Unlike the yellow and red Daredevil Toy Biz produced as a chase figure in their pre-Marvel Legends Spider-Man series, Hasbro's Man Without Fear looks better than a meager repaint. (Though it might very well be). You see, the costume features the double D logo instead of the single D. Since this appears to be a sculpted detail, chances are good we'll see the red costume as well.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, pivot torso, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles. Also, the figure features billy clubs and a functional holster.

First Appearance Storm
OK, about 616 fanboys just chuckled because Storm was topless in her very first appearance. Everyone else will be happy to know that this figure is based on her first costumed appearance a few pages later. Like Nova, rumour has it that Storm may be bumped too.

Assuming she isn't, collectors can expect Storm to feature a removable plastic cape, a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, pivot wrist, pivot finger set, ball jointed torso, ball jointed waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, pivot ankle, and pivot feet.

Nova
If what we here is true, this figure might be getting replaced with another figure, but assuming that Hasbro is still going forward with the Human Rocket, we'll tell you what we know. This figure utilizes the same body we've already seen used on Quick Silver. Nova's helmet is removable and reveals Richard Rider's likeness.

The Punisher
Hasbro's first Punisher figure is based on the very popular art of cover artist Tim Bradstreet. This punisher sports a dark blue T-shirt with the modern skull, black cargo pants, and combat boots. Frank Castle also packs with a pistol and a huge rifle.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles. While the articulation may seem limited, the sculpt is quite nice. As an added feature, the holster on the figure's right leg is functional.

Silver Samurai
YES! The Silver Samurai was on our wish list and Hasbro hasn't let us down. For the Marvel Legends treatment, Kenuichio Harada looks pretty much like he did when Paul Smith drew the classic battle between him and Wolverine in Uncanny X-Men 173. Collectors may at first be turned of with the paint design due to the white sleeves and legs, but in reality that's what it looks like in the comics, making it one well thought out decision.

Beyond his sword with red 'tachyon' energy signature, this figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles. Sadly it doesn't look like the helmet is removable.

Age Of Apocalypse Sunfire
One of the most striking character revisions in the original AOA series was Sunfire. Where the regular Marvel Universe Sunfire was a cocky bitter man with a bad attitude, the AOA version was a brutally scarred and tragic character. As such, anyone who loved the story really digs the Sunfire design. For his Marvel Legends figure, Hasbro has opted to utilize their standard body (same as Nova and Quicksilver).

Tigra
Cat chick in a bikini. Alright, we admit it, this character wasn't one of the greatest ever created. Regardless, she was an Avenger and that means Marvel Collectors will go nuts. Hasbro did nail the character's likeness, so it's a no brainer for the hard core fans.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbow, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, ball jointed ankles, and a swivel tail.

BUILD A FIGURE Age Of Apocalypse Nemesis
What's big and yellow and super cool looking? It certainly isn't that Bananakin guy we kept seeing last week at Celebration 4 (don't bother trying to find a picture of him in our coverage, we were all far to disturbed to shoot pictures of him). No, true believers, we are referring to the super cool BAF based on the crazy-cool dude from the original Age Of Apocalypse Holocaust. Holocaust? Yeah, Hasbro is keeping the PC name Toy Biz used with the original pre-Marvel Legends version of this character. Nemesis.

We're not going to try to decipher this figure's articulation, but it appears like it's chock full of them!
http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/The_411_Marvel_Legends_Series_4_106524.asp

Beast
06-07-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm already in love with this wave. I'm betting that the Nova will likely fall out for Black Bolt, and Nova will be in Hasbro's Marvel Legends 5. The FA Daredevil should please a lot of people who never got the incredibly rare FA Yellow Daredevil from the Spider-Man Classics line back in the day. Can't wait for FA Storm either, since I wasn't a huge fan of the last version.

Silver Samurai has been requested by a lot of people for a long time. So that's cool to see that he's getting produced as well. Also cool that he comes with a sword, something Psylocke should have had. Accessories are one nice inclusion to see Hasbro start doing more of wuth ML. Sunfire's another pleasent surprise. Hopefully they'll also do a 616 classic Sunfire variant, even though Shiro is currently wearing the AoA version as Apocalypse's former Horseman.

Not big on Nova or The Punisher. But they should please people who want to see less X-Men characters in the line. Nova's also getting a huge push in the comics. Odd that Punisher's getting another ML figure. Especially after he's gotten represented in the line already three times before, one being the Movie Version. Tigra's a pleasent surprise though. I've been waiting for them to do her for a while. And so far she sounds like a really great figure.

Finally, the BAF is not really much of a surprise. We were told it was a 90's character. And Holocaust aka Nemesis is one of the more popular characters from the AoA storyline. And one of the 4 refugees who actually crossed over and became part of the 616 after the storyline concluded. If they make Dark Beast soon, I'll have to give Hasbro a great big smooch. :D

El Chuxter
06-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Odd to see another Punisher get the ML treatment though. Especially after he's gotten represented in the line already twice before, one being the Movie Version of the character.

Five times, actually. Regular figure, movie figure, variant of regular figure in the Urban Legends boxed set, and regular and variant versions of the Face Off figure.

Nova and Silver Samurai sound pretty cool. Of course, I really wanted Emma, Banshee, and Xorn to show up in the line... until they did, and looked like poopie.

RooJay
06-07-2007, 02:40 AM
Strange that of all the characters in that list that Nova and Storm are the ones being mentioned as possibly being pumped. Both characters are far more iconic (legendary even) and recognizable than either AOA Sunfire or Tigra (whom I actually love, personally.) I'd even normally be inclined to think that Silver Samurai would take a backseat to either of those, but I suppose that just means either figure is inevitable and if not in this assortment, then the next for sure. Still...of all the characters to be bumped for Black Bolt would have to top the list!
Speaking of Inhumans, I'm personally dying for an Inhumans heavy assortment with a Lockjaw BAF! These guys are way overdue.

As for the Nemesis/Holocaust BAF...I'm not sold (not that it matters since I've already decided all the figures in this assortment are must-haves.) Seems there are still so many other larger sized Marvels awaiting the BAF treatment that would make for a much better draw: Goliath, Ultimate Giant-Man, the afore-mentioned Lockjaw, various Celestials, Ronan the Accuser, Rom, High Evolutionary, Blastaar, Terminus...

Phantom-like Menace
06-07-2007, 04:17 AM
Well, Silver Samurai and Tigra have been on my top ten for a while, but so has Sunfire . . . classic Sunfire. I knew they'd do him AoA first damned chance they got. Like some here, I'm scratching my head on Punisher. Nova I guess is cool for all those that wanted him. The others? Meh, but I don't really care to build Holocaust, so I don't need to get them.

Thanks, Beast for the scoop.

Beast
06-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Roojay, Ronan the Accuser is the BAF for the upcoming FF ML Series. :D

RooJay
06-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Roojay, Ronan the Accuser is the BAF for the upcoming FF ML Series. :D

Two words: Frikkin', Awesome!

RooJay
06-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Well, Silver Samurai and Tigra have been on my top ten for a while, but so has Sunfire . . . classic Sunfire. I knew they'd do him AoA first damned chance they got. Like some here, I'm scratching my head on Punisher. Nova I guess is cool for all those that wanted him. The others? Meh, but I don't really care to build Holocaust, so I don't need to get them.

Thanks, Beast for the scoop.

Oh yeah, Tigra's an absolute must; my Avengers would never be complete without her (well, her and Starfox - still holdin' out!) It's just that I'm so shocked that we're finally getting her. Especially since ToyBiz had been telling us for years that they'd never do her (can we get a "thank you, Hasbro" around here? Didn't think so.) Silver Samurai had been on ToyBiz's shortlist for a long time anyway.

Beast
06-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Two words: Frikkin', Awesome!
I'm not a huge FF fan. But I'm glad that there's going to be a good FF comic based series for those of you who are. I can't find all my notes, but here's what I got for the BAF FF Figures.

Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
The Thing
Doctor Doom
Silver Surfer
Namor the Sub-Mariner
Mole Man
BAF - Ronan The Accuser

Doctor Doom, Human Torch, and Silver Surfer will be scaled down versions of the upcoming Icons figures. The Thing is likewise a scaled down version of the unproduced Toy Biz Icons Thing. This is good news, given those figures turned out really nice.

Namor will be in his often requested green Speedo costume. Which is likewise good news for FF fans. The actual FF themselves may not be in the most popular costume choices. But since the source didn't reveal exactly which ones they are, I don't know what it is.

RooJay
06-08-2007, 02:31 AM
I'm not a huge FF fan. But I'm glad that there's going to be a good FF comic based series for those of you who are. I can't find all my notes, but here's what I got for the BAF FF Figures.

Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
The Thing
Doctor Doom
Silver Surfer
Namor the Sub-Mariner
Mole Man
BAF - Ronan The Accuser

Doctor Doom, Human Torch, and Silver Surfer will be scaled down versions of the upcoming Icons figures. The Thing is likewise a scaled down version of the unproduced Toy Biz Icons Thing. This is good news, given those figures turned out really nice.

Namor will be in his often requested green Speedo costume. Which is likewise good news for FF fans. The actual FF themselves may not be in the most popular costume choices. But since the source didn't reveal exactly which ones they are, I don't know what it is.

Makes me happy! I very regrettably had to pass on the FF boxed set at the time (came out right after I was laid off.) and my ML collection has had a huge hole ever since. Shame, however, about the scaled down Icons Doom; I passed on the original ML Doom since I didn't think the articulation measured up (I refused to consider him an actual Legends figure.) The Icons was more of the same, which is pretty senseless if you ask me since Doom's design lends itself more readily to better disguised, increased articulation more so than a lot of other characters. Ah well, guess this is as good as it'll ever get.
I also notice there that you mention yet another figure (green trunks Namor!) that ToyBiz had sworn on several occasions they would probably never do...

kookevin3
06-08-2007, 04:45 AM
Where did you all find this information?!?!??!?!

Beast
06-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Heh. Rebelscum/Cooltoyreview is up to their old tricks again.

D_Martin posted this earlier today:

WizKids: SDCC Orange Fin Fang Foom HeroClix
Posted by D_Martin on June 9, 2007 at 10:49 PM CST:
While WizKids' San Diego Comic Convention exclusive orange Fin Fang Foom HeroClix figure isn't the only version of the character [rumoured to be] coming at us this year, collectors won't have to buy six figures to piece this one together. However, this version of the cool Marvel dragon will be limited to 1250 pieces and will have a $90 price tag.
Caused a huge stir over on another site, given that Fin Fang Foom has been long requested for a long time as a Marvel Legends BAF. So hinting that he was a rumored BAF later this year was huge news. He ended up posting that he got the info from a "Wish List" thread on another site. Reminds me of when he posted images of so-called "Prototype" C-3PO: Ewok Diety and MacQuarrie Luke Skywalker that turned out to be customs. :rolleyes:

I found the thread I read it in, and it turned out to be a wish list thread. I've edited the post to be more accurate.

Sorry for the confussion.

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Whoops! At least you've got SSG and ActionFigs stayin' honest.

ActionFigs is taking questions for Hasbro Marvel Q&A on June 19th: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=18&p2_articleid=1385

GET ON IT!!!

Beast
06-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Whoops! At least you've got SSG and ActionFigs stayin' honest.

ActionFigs is taking questions for Hasbro Marvel Q&A on June 19th: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=18&p2_articleid=1385

GET ON IT!!!
I registered for AF. But it won't spit back the bloody Confirmation E-Mail. :p

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Still?????

Beast
06-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Still?????
Still. Maybe I should just post the questions here. Hehe. :p

JediTricks
06-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Weird, Steve fixed the email thing. I guess for now, post 'em here and I'll repost them for you until that's cleared up.

Beast
06-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks JT...

Celebration IV showed a really strong push for Galactic Heroes for later this year. Especially in the area of exclusive boxsets. Are there any plans for the same for Superhero Squad? It's my favorite Hasbro/Marvel line. I'd love boxsets featuring the Professor X and the Original 5 X-Men, the Giant Size X-Men, Morrison's New X-Men, etc.

Sticking with the Superhero Squad theme for a moment. Any chance we might see some vehicles in the line, much like was released for Galactic Heroes? The smaller scale of the figures seem like a natural for ships like the X-Men's Blackbird, Avengers Quinjet, and the FF's Fantastic Car, as well as others. Also, major kudos on the Mega Packs.

I know that much like Star Wars, we're not suppsed to ask about specific figures. But I just have to. Is Astonishing X-Men Beast on the drawing board for release anytime soon? He's the last one needed to comple the team. I'd kill for him in a 2-Pack with Cassandra Nova. Since an old lady in a safari outfit figure wouldn't sell well by herself.

Will Hasbro be doing a figure line for the upcoming "Wolverine and the X-Men" Animated Series? It sounds like that most of the X-Men will be featured in supporting roles in the series. So it would be cool to see an Animated Figure line.

Are there any plans to re-release some of the HTF Toy Biz figures in a supporting Marvel Legends line? A lot of people never got figures like Dark Phoenix, Deadpool, Juggernaut, Vision, and others that were difficult to locate. That seemed to be the plan with Marvel Heroes, but that line seems to have either been cancelled or been put on hold.

Beast
06-12-2007, 12:30 AM
I know... I posted 5 of them. I could have done 5 more.

Figured I'd give Steve a diverse set of questions to choose from. :D

JediTricks
06-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Ok, I put them in the comments section over there.

Beast
06-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Ok, I put them in the comments section over there.
Thanks, JT.

Hopefully Steve can get the confirmation dealt with before next months. ;) :D

Beast
06-13-2007, 12:25 PM
More "News" from CTR. Take it with a massive grain of salt, of course. :)
Black Bolt will probably be the 8th figure in the Marvel Legends Series IV instead.

The 411: Marvel Legends Fantastic Four
Posted by D_Martin on June 13, 2007 at 12:28 AM CST:

OK, first thing Fantastic Four movie dopplegangers...while the 5" line focuses on the feature film Fantastic Four: The Rise Of The Silver Surfer, the Marvel Legends FF figures are four-coloured masterpieces based on the two-dimensional medium that inspired the films.

The Thing
How do fanboys like their ever lovin' blue-eyed Thing? Big and rocky, that's how. We're not sure which era this figure represents, as it certainly isn't the Kirby or Byrne eras (and were there really any others?). The closest likeness we could find is the one pictured above. The Thing has certainly got a bit of Arthur Adams flair to it, but only a suggestion of it. what really stands out the most on this figure, which has him wearing the old Byrne blue and whites, is how well-defined his rocky skin has been sculpted. While the face does leave a little to be desired, the rest of this figure is solid!

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, pivot fingers, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, pivot knees, and double pivot ankles.

Mr. Fantastic
Keeping a bit of a theme, Reed Richards is in the Byrne blue and whites. Actually, more than any figure in the wave, this is the closest thing to a John Bryne FF figure. Oddly, Hasbro has opted to give him a iridescent costume. Not quite metallic, but definitely some shine. Mr. Fantastic is stretched out somewhat, but we don't know for sure if it's interchangeable parts or not. Regardless, this figure is a winner.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, pivot torso, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Namor: The Sub-Mariner
Three words true believers: Green. Scaly. Trunks. Yup, that's right, Namor is being a tough guy in his ginch again. How he can pull it off, we'll never know. This figure comes with a huge staff (not unlike the one pictured above). If you can find something wrong with this figure, blame it on a tumor in your head. (say it in Arnold's voice, and if you still don't get it, say it again.)

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Johnny Storm
This figure, for all intents and purposes, is a Hasbro-rific remake of the old Toy Biz Johnny Storm. Seriously, imagine that old figure from the Fantastic Four boxed sets, but sculpted very well. Yeah, this figure doesn't break new ground, but it sure looks cool not breaking new ground. Storm is decoed in the Byrne blue and whites, with sculpted flames on the ankles, wrists, head, and shoulders. Trust us, you want this one.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, pivot torso, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Invisible Woman
We'll try to remain positive. We'll try to remain positive. The sculpt is super nice. It looks like Sue and the repaint potential is certainly there, but why in the world is it painted in her second worst costume? (if you don't know what thee first place winner for worst Sue costume ever is we're not going to scar you for life and we recommend you don't go searching for it. You don't want to know!)

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Silver Surfer
Throw out your Toy Biz Silver Surfer. Thank you Hasbro. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, pivot torso, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, ball jointed ankles, and of course, a big silver surfboard. Thank you Hasbro.

Doctor Doom
More than any other, this Doom seems to be based on the Jim Lee Heroes Reborn Dr. Doom, with just enough John Byrne to make it cool. Sadly, it's a figure Toy Biz already did a great job (right down to the tip of the hat to Jack Kirby, what with the single scar. Brilliant). This figure isn't bad at all, but it's no better than what we have already seen done in this scale. Fear not, you can use the money you were saving to buy Doom on the super-wicked Silver Surfer. All's well in the universe.

Beyond the plastic cape, removable mask, pistol and functioning holster, this figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbow, possibly swivel forearms, ball jointed torso, swivel waist, assumably ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Mole Man
Meh. He's Mole Man. No, really, he's Mole Man. He's well done, but that doesn't make him any less Mole Man.

This figure features a ball jointed neck, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, swivel waist, swivel hips, ball jointed knees, a plastic cape, and -naturally- his stick.

Black Bolt
Well now y'all know why Black Bolt was missing from Marvel Legends 4. You know, it must be impossible to make this guy look bad, because this figure is very cool. From his "I ain't talkin'" stare right down to his soft good silver wings, the Black Bolt figure rocks.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, swivel shins, and ball jointed ankles.

BUILD A FIGURE Ronan the Accuser
This anti-hero sure does make for a fairly cool BAF, but not as cool as the next one we're going to talk about. Ronan, when completed, comes with a removable helmet, a big hammer, and a plastic cloak.

He features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, pivot torso, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles.
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/The_411_Marvel_Legends_Fantastic_Four_106704.asp

RooJay
06-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Shame about the lack of double-joints on some of those. That was always what made Marvel Legends...well Marvel Legends in my opinion.

plasticfetish
06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Hmmm, Black Bolt sounds great, and if Hasbro can manage a decent version of Mr. Fantastic (which ToyBiz couldn't) then I'll be amazed. Same for the Silver Surfer... I hated the pea-headed ToyBiz version.

I'll wait to see the rest though. I'm happy with the older figures that I have... esp. the Thing and Doom.

El Chuxter
06-14-2007, 12:59 PM
You could get the new Dr Doom figure and do a headswap with a Futurama Farnsworth figure. Voila! Instead JediTricks custom! :D

evenflow
06-17-2007, 09:49 AM
So what is this worst costume for Sue that he mentions?