PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Marvel Figures (Excelsior!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Beast
08-31-2003, 08:02 AM
I posted the list a few days ago over at Figures. But I know that there is quite a few Marvel figure collectors here. So after a few days waiting to see if someone else would port it over for you folks that don't read Figures I decided to repost. Note that these are still early lists, but have been pretty much confirmed from retailer lists.

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 1:
Twist n Shoot Spider-Man, Spiral Spider-Man, Web Climbing Spider-Man, Web Trap Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 2:
Rapid Punch Spider-Man, Ultra Super-Poseable Spider-Man, Shoot n Slide Spider-Man, Aerial Flipping Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 3:
Double Web Shooting Spider-Man, Kicking Spider-Man, Dr. Octopus w/ Tentacle Action (NOT available in first release cases), Spring Attack Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 4:
Dr. Octopus #2, Spider Sense Spider-Man, Flipping Spider-Man, Spider-Strength Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Deluxe Roto-cast 12” figures:
Spider-Man and Dr. Octopus (Doc Ock may not be in initially released cases)

Spider-Man Movie 2 18” figure with over 60 points of articulation!

Spider-Man Movie 2 Ultimate Spider-Man 12” Inch:
Water Shooting Spidey, Web Shooting Spidey

Spidey Movie 2 Web Shooter, Water Cannon, Web-ble Shooter (What the?), Web Disk Shooter

Spidey Classic Series 8:
Missle Launcher Spider-Man, Bolo Spider-Man, Sewer Fighting Spider-Man, Carnage

Spidey Classic Series 9:
Black Costume Spider-Man, Peter Parker Spider-Man, Robot Spider-Man, Ultimate Rhino

Incredible Hulk Fig Asst. 2:
Punching Hulk, Absorbing Man, War Hulk, Robot Hulk

X-Men Figure Asst. 2:
Pyro, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Wolverine

Marvel Manga Twist-ems Asst. 1:
Walk & Slash Wolverine, Flipping Action Beast, Crawling Spider-Man, Bobble Head Hulk, Nunchakus Daredevil, Chopping Action Thing

Marvel Manga Twist-ems Asst. 2:
Spider-Man, Wolverine, Daredevil, Blade ll, Dr. Octopus, Nightcrawler
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-31-2003, 08:09 AM
I forsee the Spider-Man movie line, crashing and burning for the same reason as the X2 and Hulk movie lines. Too much emphasis on Spider-Man. Does there really need to be 14 Spidey's to 2 Doc Ocks?

Same with the Spider-Man Classic lines. Too many Spidey's with bearly any emphasis directed to Spidey's large rogue's gallery or his friends. I swear, Toy Biz doesn't know how to do a proper figure line.

The Hulk Classics line is almost as bad. Atleast they are doing some intresting Hulks. Still needs to focus some on the supporting characters. War Hulk (If the Horsemen for Apocalypse version), should be cool.

X-Men Classic is looking good. Though no news what versions of the characters. I expect one to be New X-Men style and one to be X-Treme X-Men Style like series 1. I wouldn't mind seeing Ultimate being worked in also, especially with some of the unique character redesigns. But another bloody Wolvie and no female figure so far, hurts the line. Especially with the X-Men's large female cast. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
08-31-2003, 12:05 PM
Hmmmmm...perplexing the lack of villains in the Spidey lines. Hopefully the black costume Spidey will be a little beefed up from the Spidey Classics version (which is close to perfect imo, as was the Ditko-esque poseable Spidey). Carnage might make a good toy, but the lack of a Green Goblin figure (the one from the robot mech suit is awesome, but too small) hurts bad.

Im looking forward to X-Men classics, and hope they'll do the original 5 in original costumes for us Silver Age fans, as well as the 2nd generation. I know they have a few planned.

Thanks for the info, JarJar.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2003, 01:08 PM
See, i was an avid fan of the original Spider-Man movie line, cause they had a few spidey figs, which all were good, and then they had OTHER figures, norman osborne, a few green goblins, Jonah and MJ, but this is ridiculous. Screw picking up this line.

I'm giddy for the Hulk figures, just cause i plan to get the first wave cause those are classic Hulks, but for wave 2, yeah, just Absorbing Man should do.

the X2 line was good, but i wish they would do a 3rd wave. According to Toyfare, they're only doing 2 waves, the second line having: Iceman, Logan, Cyclops and Magneto. C'mon Toybiz, give us a new Jean Grey, Deathstrike and maybe Colossus and Rogue or something. :D

Beast
08-31-2003, 02:07 PM
Yeah, wave III of the X2 line would have been more like they should have done from the beginning. To bad it will never see the light of day. It was supposed to include Colossus, Lady Deathstrike, Logan, Nightcrawler in X-Men Uniform. Still they ignore female figures and secondary characters. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
08-31-2003, 03:45 PM
The Nightcrawler figure from X2 was top notch. It's tough when one figure outshines the others that way (Ephant Mon), makes folks wonder why they skimped on the others.

Beast
09-18-2003, 01:45 PM
I officially hate Toy Biz with a passion. Entertainment Earth listed the Incredible Hulk: Classics and X-Men: Classics lines up for pre-order. And they're pulling the bloody shortpack deal on the villan or minor characters. 1 Abomination, Absorbing Man, or Archangel per case? What the hell is the deal with that. Drop a Smart Hulk, a Punching Hulk, and a Tiger Stripe Wolverine out of each case and bump the numbers. Atleast X-Men Classics Wave 2 sounds better. :rolleyes:

Hulk Classics Series 1 - January 2004 - $119.99 per case
Forget the movie, the Hulk action figures you want are based on the comic! Toy Biz hears you loud and clear with The Incredible Hulk Action Figures Series 1! This case of 12 individually packaged 7 inch action figures includes:

4x Savage Hulk
3x Joe Fixit
4x Smart Hulk
1x The Abomination.
FIGURES AND QUANITITES MAY CHANGE

Hulk Classics Series 2 - May 2004 - $119.99 per case
Forget the movie, the Hulk action figures you want are based on the comic! Toy Biz hears you loud and clear with The Incredible Hulk Action Figures Series 2! This case of 12 individually packaged 7 inch action figures includes:

5x Punching Hulk
1x Absorbing Man
3x War Hulk
3x Robot Hulk.
FIGURES AND QUANITITES MAY CHANGE

Hulk Classics Truck - February 2004 - $19.99
Forget the movie, the Hulk vehicles you want are based on the comic! Toy Biz hears you loud and clear with The Incredible HulkTruck! Featuring lights and sound, this truck is in scale ot the 7 inch Incredible Hulk figures. Batteries included. (Subject to change.)

Hulk 12" Figures - February 2004 - $39.99 per case
Forget the movie, the Hulk action figures you want are based on the comic! Toy Biz hears you loud and clear with The Incredible Hulk 12 inch Deluxe Roto figures! This case of 3 individually packaged 12 inch action figures includes:

2x Gamma Rage Hulk
1x The Incredible Hulk
FIGURES AND QUANITITES MAY CHANGE.

X-Men Series 1 Figures - Febuary 2004 - $119.99 per case
In 2004, Toy Biz beings you new X-Men action figures! This case of 12 individually packaged 7 inch action figures includes:

3x Tiger Strip Wolverine
3x Cyclops
3x Gambit
1x Archangel
2x Wolverine

X-Men Series 2 Figures - May 2004 - $119.99 per case
In 2004, Toy Biz beings you new X-Men action figures! This case of 12 individually packaged 7 inch action figures includes:

2x Pyro
3x Nightcrawler
3x Iceman
4x Wolverine

X-Men 12" Figures - May 2004 - $39.99 per case
In 2004, Toy Biz beings you new X-Men action figures! This case of 3 individually packaged 12 inch deluxe roto action figures includes:

1x Tiger Stripe Unmasked Wolverine
1x Beast
1x Cyclops
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
09-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Why more Smart Hulks than Joe Fixits? My guess would be Joe is the one everyone wants. Sure, kids won't go for it, since he's not familiar, but every comic geek in America will want one.

I hope with the X-Men line, they eventually make a figure of every X-Man possible, in early 1990s costumes if possible. (The Jim Lee era seemed to have the best X-threads all around.) I'd much rather have Jubilee, Wolfsbane, Multiple Man, Strong Guy, and other characters that have been slighted (or worse, produced only in really bad figures) than a new Wolverine for every day of the year.

Beast
09-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Agreed, that's why it's nice to see only one Wolverine in Series II. And hopefully it's an intresting version like Weapon X Wolvie, Brown/Orange Wolvie, Ultimate X-Men Wolvie. Something that doesn't get done all that often.

I'd really like to see them do a version of all of them in their New X-Men Uniforms/Looks also. Beast (Yes, it's growing on me. But I prefer Furry Ape Beast), Jean, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Professor Xavier, and toss in Xorn with Removable Helmet.

They could even make them 2-packs w/ a sidekick, that way we could get some of the New Mutants as well from the modern comics. I really want a Beast w/ The Beak 2-pack. And they can give Beak "Titanium Baseball Bat Swinging Action." :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
09-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Beak wouldn't be at the top of my wish list, but I'd be first in line for one. Okay, JJB, I'll let you go first and I'll take the second one.

How about Xorn with [spoiler!!]?

Beast
09-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Aye, I'd love a Xorn with [spoiler!!] Infact I put the removable helmet Xorn in my list. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-21-2003, 09:08 PM
American Dream Comics/Toy News International posted pictures of the 12" Rotocast Wolverine. Both the masked and the unmasked version. He features 20 points of articulation. The unmasked one will be more limited then the regular, but neither should be impossible to find. Beast and Gambit have been supposedly moved to the Second Wave. Hopefully Wolvie sells well, so they still come out. I want that Beast! :D

Wolverine Rotocast Figures From Toy Biz
by Jay at 08:10:13 PM on 10/21/2003

Here is a look at Toy Biz's upcoming Wolverine Rotocast figures. These figures are about 12" in height and feature 20 points of articulation. It's like having a 12" Marvel Legends figure. There will be a masked and unmasked version released in January. Both versions will be relased in decent numbers. We can only hope there will be more Marvel style figures released at a later date.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-12-2003, 09:40 PM
Saw this following news, and this picture posted over on TNI's site. Looks like the list could be genuine, as Toyfare revealed pictures of Spider-Man Classics Wave 8. While the names have been changed, basically what they are is the same. We have Carnage, Spider Sense Attack Spider-Man (Early list was Bolo Spider-Man), Street Fighter Spider-Man (Early list was Sewer Fighting Spider-Man), and [Ben Reilly] Web Attack Spider-Man (Early list was Missle Launcher Spider-Man.) So hopefully the rest of the lists turn out to be true. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
11-13-2003, 05:53 AM
these look great. Goning to pick up Carnage, and if i feel like one more Spidey, the street fighting one will be mine also.

Beast
11-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Just a heads up, that X-Men Classics and Incredible Hulk Classics have started hitting in the Philipines. Which means they should be turning up here, within' the next two weeks. Here's some pictures from _unleashed_ over on the spawn board of the figures in the package. Can't wait to get these, though I know Archangel and Abomination are both going to be a pain to find. Thanks to being packed 1 per case. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
11-14-2003, 01:12 PM
I really wish they would have done a different version of Archangel. I was really looking forward to him, but i just dont like this figure. I am passing on this one. :(

AT-AT Man
11-14-2003, 05:58 PM
i don't know my oppinion is starting to change on these babies. I think i might have to pick up most of the X-Men Classics figs. Definately Cyclops, Archangel, New X-Men Wolverine, and possibly even the Gambit.

Now the Hulk line is the line that had impressed me and made me change my oppinion. I know i will try to pick up Abomination, and possibly Savage Hulk and maybe Smart Hulk.

Beast
11-14-2003, 06:09 PM
I wish the wings were different on Archangel myself, but I love the figure. Infact the X-Men Classics line is looking great. And I hope and pray that it sells well. Because I want to see more versions of X-Men from X-Treme and New X-Men. As well as classic versions, and maybe even Ultimate figures also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
11-14-2003, 06:33 PM
yeah, i can't wait for series two, Pyro, Iceman, Nightcrawler, and i can't remember who else is in it, but i can't wait for them. I hope tha in the near future, we get ultimized figures that are super possable.

Beast
11-14-2003, 07:01 PM
yeah, i can't wait for series two, Pyro, Iceman, Nightcrawler, and i can't remember who else is in it, but i can't wait for them. I hope tha in the near future, we get ultimized figures that are super possable.
Another Wolverine. But hopefully it's something that hasn't been done in ages. Like Weapon X Wolverine, Feral Wolverine, or Bone Claws Wolverine. Just something that hasn't been beaten to death. Pyro will be classic, obviously. Since other then the movie version, he doesn't have any other versions. Iceman will probably be Iceform from the Jim Lee days, same as the Cyclops. I really do hope they do an evenly packed variant in this case. Iceform and normal. And I'm hoping Nightcrawler is his Swashbuckler outfit with sword. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
11-14-2003, 07:18 PM
so there releasing Iceman in icefor and human form. Pyro will be sweet. Ever since i saw him in X2, i read about him and found out exactly who he was, and now he is one of my favorite charecters. I too hope nightcrawler is like that. Any internet rumors in a third wave or anything like that.

Beast
11-14-2003, 07:29 PM
so there releasing Iceman in icefor and human form. Pyro will be sweet. Ever since i saw him in X2, i read about him and found out exactly who he was, and now he is one of my favorite charecters. I too hope nightcrawler is like that. Any internet rumors in a third wave or anything like that.
Not that I know of, I was just commenting that they should do both versions. Since it would be nice to have him Iced and Un-Iced. That's what I would do, evenly pack both versions in a case, to make him easy to get. No rumors on XMC Wave III. I know what I would like to see though. But I could list tons of figures I would like to see done in the line. :)

X-Men Classics Wave III: - (Wishlist)
Weapon X Wolverine (If not in XMC 2)
New X-Men Beast and Beak (aka Barnell Bohusk)
New X-Men Xorn w/ Removable Helmet (aka Magneto) and Angel IV
X-Treme X-Men Storm
Avalanche (Classic Comic)

If they don't wanna do pack-ins of Beak and Angel IV, and the other memebers of the 'Special Class', maybe they could do a box set or 2-packs in the future. And have a mail-away for Stepford Cuckoos. I can see it now, I would love to see then do a series of 2-packs of smaller charecters. :)

Oh, and here's a really good comparison picture between XMC Tiger Stripe Wolverine and ML Tiger Stripe Wolverine. The scale change is a major improvement. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
11-15-2003, 10:09 AM
thats a pretty good wishlist you got there Jar Jar. Which wolvie is which. I never pick up the ML Wolvie.

Beast
11-15-2003, 10:16 AM
The one on the left is the new XMC Wolverine. The one on the right is the ML 3 Wolverine. People say the ML one is better, but I don't see it. After all, Wolverine isn't He-Man. He shouldn't be so buff and tall. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
11-15-2003, 10:35 AM
ok i got you, yeah i agree with you on that, that ML wolvie is a bit tall and muscular.

evenflow
11-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Well i am still unhappy with Archangel, but i have hopes for another one. As for the second series i am looking forawrd to Iceman and Nightcrawler. I cant wait to see them.

evenflow
11-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Well some guy has all the Hulk, X-Men, and MLV up on ebay. Too rich for my blood, but just figured i'd give the heads up.

Beast
11-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Agreed. Screw Ebay. They'll be showing up in stores probably within' the next two weeks. Since that's what happened with MLV. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
11-19-2003, 01:44 PM
I think that the area I live is the most dry area in the world. I have not found any Marvel Legends V, masters of the Universe, or Star Wars. The worst part is that they dont have anything old or new.

El Chuxter
11-19-2003, 02:15 PM
XMC Wolvie is more accurate to his look in the John Byrne era of Uncanny. The height thing is also a major consideration. I think I prefer it, too.

My own wishlist for XMC III:
Apocalypse. While not my favorite by any means, the design just has too much promise.
Jean Grey. Too important a character to be overlooked any longer.
Forge. Like Apocalypse, too cool a design. Put him in the X-Duds he wears on the cover of Uncanny #275.
Kitty Pryde. Has there ever been a Kitty figure?
Havok. The cool Summers brother.
Jubilee. Yeah, yeah, you all saw it coming. But there's never been a, like, totally decent figure of her, y'know?

Beast
11-19-2003, 02:26 PM
We did get a Kitty Pryde figure in the 90's. It was as a Toyfare exclusive though, named Shadowcat. Man, the 90's was good for female figures in the X-Men lines. Wolfsbane, Blink, Jubilee, Illyana, Jean, Storm, etc. Nice picks. El Chuxter. I'd like to see 'Pocy, definatly. As well as Juggy. :)

http://store4.yimg.com/I/dragonballzcentral_1767_307143867

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
11-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Yeah, nice list Chuxter. I think if i had to make a list, i would have to throw some ultimate charecters into the mix.

Ultimate Storm-I think this is her best look. She's a bad *** rebel.
Ultimate Jean Grey-Don't know if i like her better with her new longer hair, or like she was when the series first came out with the short hair. But either one is cool.
Juggernaut-Not the Ultimate version, the original. If they did him right, he would be awsome. Make him huge, and he'd have to be pretty heavy as well.
Apocalypse-Definately needs to be done. We need some bad guys, and he's the ultimate bad guy.
Havok-I too think he is the better Summers brother. Would really like to have him as a fig.
Ultimate Beast-Come to think of it, this is my favorite version of him as well.I would die for a fig of this guy. He's a great charecter and i would love to have him as an action figure.

Well, if any of these figs came out, i would be extremely happy. I doubt i will ever see any Ultimate figs in this line, but a guy can always dream right.

Beast
11-19-2003, 03:39 PM
I can see them incorperating Ultimate figures in the line. It's the hottest selling X book at the moment. And hell they did Gambit from X-Treme. And that comic series is less popular then Ultimate is. And yes, being a massive Beast fan, I also want an Ultimate Beast figure. Both versions of the character, though furry preferred. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
11-19-2003, 06:47 PM
A furry beast figure would totally rock. I know series V is not even fully out yet, but i am so eager to hear what the next line up is going to be.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-22-2003, 07:32 PM
came across remnants of a wave 5 tonight at my local wal-mart; only saw 2 Silver Surfers and a Reed Richards, somebody else had picked up the ones i wanted, Colossus and Sabertooth. Both figures, while not my faves, did look pretty good. HH!

Beast
11-24-2003, 08:12 PM
This was posted over on 'The Asylum' by Randy from AFTimes. Jesse Falcon from Toy Biz had some intresting news. :)

Those fine folks over at Raving Toy Maniac's-The Toy Buzz(http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/index.shtml) have a recent post from Jesse Falcon of Toy Biz.

He states that at this year's Toy Fair, Toy Biz will be showing Marvel Legends V(now out, VI, VII and (possibly) VIII as well as two new boxed sets! How's that for cool?!

So now you can hold your eager breaths waiting to see what hits the pages in February!

RANDY who likes a lot of the lists given... and thinks Toy Biz might like a few of them too.

Posted byJesse on November 24, 2003 at 18:05:55:

In Reply to: Jesse, Julius, or Rob really quick Marvel Legends question? posted by Mr Fiend on November 24, 2003 at 17:57:39:

We will be showing 2 new box sets.
As well as Asst 5, 6, 7, & 8.

(althought you can't hold me to 8. We might want to save that for San Diego)
-Jesse
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
11-24-2003, 10:19 PM
Awesome news...any rumors to who may be included in the assortments or the box sets?

Beast
11-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Nope, other then the rumors I posted in the 'Marvel Legends Series 6 Revealed?' thread. And Jesse has confirmed that was a very early list. I bet one boxset will be Fantastic Four with exclusive Invisible Girl. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
11-26-2003, 08:39 AM
I can't seem to find that rumors thread, could you post that list again?

Beast
11-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Here's a link, that should help:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21054

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
11-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Cool. Thanks for the help. I hope we get some more confirmed news, or even some more rumors.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Picked up 2 Colossus and 2 Sabertooths today!! I can't wait to bust one of each out of the package!!! I guess i should probably finish giving my ML Wolvie his metal claws too, eh? :crazed:

evenflow
12-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Is the Marvel Select Punisher based on the upcoming movie?

Beast
12-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Nope, I think the MS Punisher is just another version of the 616 Punisher. There is supposed to be a Movie Punisher in either the ML 6 or 7 series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
12-01-2003, 04:39 PM
JJB, I have to ask, since I've seen you use this terminology several times:

Why "616"?

Beast
12-01-2003, 05:06 PM
616 refers to the dimension number of the mainstream marvel universe. It refers to all the regular titles. The Ultimate, Movie, and Cartoon Universes would all have their own specific Universe number. It first appeared in Excalibur, and there's even a current series called Exiles that are dimension hoppers. Here's the official summery. :)

616: This is an identifier from Alan Davis' stint on Excalibur. Roma, in her role as the omniversal guardian, and the people working under her adopted a numbering system for the multiple parallel Earths that exist throughout crosstime. The mainstream Marvel Universe and its associated continuity are numbered "616" - Earth 616, Captain Britain 616, and so forth. Often used when comparing the mainstream Marvel continuity to that of alternate timelines.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
12-02-2003, 02:35 PM
Okay, now I get it. :D I guess I was in the dark because I never much cared for Excalibur and missed that number.

Of course, as we all know, the next wave of Marvel figures to be released on Earth #8,675,309 is the third wave of Jubilee Legends: :crazed:

evenflow
12-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Cool, thanks for the info. I just picked up the Ultimate Venom though. It is awesome. Best Venom i think ever. I found the version with the white Spider on his chest. :D Supposedly it is a variant.

Eternal Padawan
12-11-2003, 05:21 PM
So any updates on the next waves yet? It seems strange to me that they would start a special "X-men Legends" line, and then fill up the regular Marvel Legends line with X-Folks. Hawkeye seems to be a shoo-in for the next wave since everyone clamors for him. And he's both a Thunderbolt AND an Avenger. So who else?

Dr. Strange? His names on the packaging for pete's sake. And he's a Defender. The last one to be made? I forget who was all in the Defenders. Namor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Doc were the big ones at the start right?

Black Panther? Again, his name is on the package. That should count for something. But which costume?

The female. Now that they've started with the chickas finally. There will probably be at least one in every wave. logic would say they round out the FF with Sue Storm, but I think JJB is on the right track with the FF gift set and exclusive Invisible Woman. Black Widow would tie in nicely with releasing Hawkeye since those two have such a history. Another possiblility would be Scarlet Witch since she's been a Marvel mainstay from day one. There aren't too many non-mutant females in the Marvel Universe who have headlined their own series or figure prominently. Wasp? She-Hulk? Spider-Woman? What do you guys think?

So that leaves traditionally, one spot open for a villian. The evil triumverate of Red Skull, Magneto, and Dr. Doom has been completed. There aren't too many top teir Marvel villains left. The only classic one I can think of that SHOULD be next is Loki. The Avengers Premier Villain.

The next wave would be a Hank Pym (Yellowjacket? Ant-Man?) Wasp, Vision, WonderMan and Ultron set. Since all those characters relate.

evenflow
12-11-2003, 06:07 PM
I have to agree that it makes no sense for X-Men to be included in the MArvel Legends line any longer. They have their own line now, which gives more room for other characters. I hope we get some confirmation soon an who will be in the next assortment, although i have yet to find any from series V.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-26-2003, 11:07 PM
well, the spider-man 2 figures are out; i believe the first 2 waves if i'm correct, roughly about 8 spider man versions...and sadly to say.... :zzz: I picked up the 4 i saw! I'm sorry!! It's just that, i'm not doing the XMC line cos they don't impress me and i did the spider-man line from the first film and it's just my completist bones!! I'm such a sucker!! Though, i am doing this thing where i gather up their receipts and am like, "screw it! i'm returning them!!" but it's been roughly 14 hours now and still nothing. One of them does come with a poster of a play called "Emma Rose" and it has a pic of Mary Jane on it...interesting. :D So, the figure is good and the pic of Kirsten Dunst is just bonus.

I am sorry for letting you all down and buying these. Please don't banish me from this thread. I beg for your forgiveness!! That being said, i don't think the spidey figs will crash and burn; spider-man is a HUGE hit with the kids, even more than X-men, so these figures will sell a decent amount. We'll see though. I"m off to cry myself to sleep. :p

AT-AT Man
12-27-2003, 10:21 AM
hey are there any nice super posable spideys out yet.

Beast
12-27-2003, 10:58 AM
Yep, the first two waves of figures are out now. Including what some are calling the best Spidey figure yet. It boasts 48 points of Articulation, including independant fingers. Here's some pictures here. And there's also the 18" one, with 67 POA. :)

http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000700#000004

Also, here's the first look at the Marvel Twist-Ems. Seems the line up has changed some, but I hope the Beast one will be in the second asst. Since it's the only one that I really wanted out of the whole set. Might get the Wolverine, prolly not. :)

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=23&itemid=2469

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
12-27-2003, 12:22 PM
OH MY GOD MAN! THAT IS FRICKIN AWESOME! I'm gonna have to pick that up, nono I have to pick 50 up! That is just beautiful!

AT-AT Man
12-28-2003, 01:37 PM
holly frickin crap. that looks incredibly awesome. i can't wait to get it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Well, i saw the X-Men Classics today at a target on my way to school here in southern Ohio. Oddly enough, i only saw Wolverines :rolleyes: lol I wasn't impressed by these at all. I wasn't impressed by the pictures and the figures aren't really that great.

I did pick up the new Hulk line (minus abomination) and these are fantastic. Great articulation and great detail; any hulk fan needs to get these! cheers!

aharry
01-05-2004, 11:33 PM
I saw the Wolverine figure at a Wal-Mart here and was equally unimpressed. I'm not too fond of how it comes with a gimmick feature. Also saw two of the new Hulk figures, savage and smart versions. I do like the articulation involved but I think the Hulk released in Marvel Legends Series 2 looks alot more savage than this one. JMO. Can't wait to see the rest of this series. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-05-2004, 11:47 PM
I saw the Wolverine figure at a Wal-Mart here and was equally unimpressed. I'm not too fond of how it comes with a gimmick feature. Also saw two of the new Hulk figures, savage and smart versions. I do like the articulation involved but I think the Hulk released in Marvel Legends Series 2 looks alot more savage than this one. JMO. Can't wait to see the rest of this series. :D

Yeah, i was going to get an extra Savage Hulk and then when/if i ever find my two abominations, i could open one and have them duke it out, but something was just funky on the Savage one. He looks good, but the ML Hulk is "the" hulk in my eyes, ya know?

The rest of the line are just more Hulk variatoins and 1 per case villians; i think next up is the Absorbing man. I'm not big on different versions of heroes (as you'll see if you read the batman/spidey threads), but these haven't been done before, so i'll pick up each and every one!! cheers! :D

Beast
01-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Take it just as rumors for now. But there's a possibility that the Marvel Legends 6, 7, 8 waves have been revealed. As well as two more boxsets. I'm keeping it reserved to this thread, since they have not been confirmed. But it sounds like some good choices. Other then the possible Chase figures, which suck. Damn chases. :(

Marvel Legends Series 6: - Aug 2004

Punisher movie figure
Juggernaut
Deadpool
Cable
Brown Costume Wolverine
Phoenix (Chase Figure)

Marvel Legends Series 7: - Oct 2004

Stealth Armour Iron Man
War Machine
Hawkeye
Apocalypse
Ghost Rider (original)
Weapon X
Black Widow (Chase Figure)

Marvel Legends Series 8: - Dec. 2004

Dr. Strange
Storm
Iceman
Iron Man Modern Armour
Ultimates Captian America
And one other unknown figure
Vision (Chase Figure)

Fantastic Four Boxset: - Sept 2004

Mr Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Thing
Frank Richards

Spider-Man Sinister Six Boxset: - Sept 2004

Spiderman
Doc Octopus
Green Goblin
Scorpion
Sandman
Rhino
Chameleon
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-08-2004, 06:57 PM
This was also posted over at Action Figure.com, by a UK Toy Shop Owner:

ATB70385 Marvel Legends VI with Comic Book
Available - July 2004!

Contains:
Brown Costume Wolverine @3
Cable @2
Deadpool @1
Juggernaut @2
Movie Punisher Figure @3

Possible Substitute Chase Figure - Phoenix

ATB70385 Marvel Legends VII with Comic Book
Available - September 2004!

Contains:
Weapon X Wolverine @3
Ghostrider @3
Apocalypse @1
Hawkeye @1
War Machine @2
Stealth Armour Iron Man @1

Possible Substitute Chase Figure - Black Widow

ATB70385 Marvel Legends VIII with Comic Book Available - November!

Contains:
Ultimate Captain America @2
Iron Man Modern Armour @3
Ice Man 1
Storm @1
Not Confirmed @3
Dr Strange @1

Possible Substitute Chase Figure - Vision

ATB70385 Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Box Set Available - August 2004!

Contains:
Mr Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Thing
Frank Richards (FRANKLIN)

ATB70385 Marvel Legends Spiderman & the SinisterSix Box Set
Available - August 2004!

Contains:
Spiderman
Doc Octopus
Green Goblin
Scorpion
Sandman
Rhino
Chameleon

This is what I was given from a Reputable BIG UK wholesaler to preorder from !
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
01-08-2004, 07:37 PM
For some reason, I feel Cable doesn't need to be considered a Marvel Legend.

Sinister Six set sounds good.

Beast
01-09-2004, 03:13 AM
Well, we have some shooting down done by Jesse Falcon from Toy Biz. And one from Julius Marx from one of the on-line collectiing sites. These were posted on Toy Mania's Forums. :)

Posted byJesse on January 08, 2004 at 15:22:38:

In Reply to: ML Boxed set speculation posted by Pisces on January 08, 2004 at 13:44:23:

That list isn't correct.

See ya in Febuary!

-Jesse

Posted byJuliusMarx on January 08, 2004 at 19:49:06:

In Reply to: Okay, so where did Jesse Falcon debunk the new Marvel Legends rumors? posted by One of many. on January 08, 2004 at 19:46:18:

"The List" was old as soon as it came out. Things have changed. Some are still the same some are different. All will be shown in Feburary...and more.

Julius
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
01-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Thankfully it's not true. :) There were way too many Iron Men in that one wave, and too many Wolvie redos throughout.

Of course, we all know who the "unconfirmed" figure was, and who it still is. Like, totally, y'know? :cool:

evenflow
01-09-2004, 10:29 AM
I actually liek the sound of the Sinister 6 box set. That would rock. I am so curious, i cant wait til feb. I really hope that there are no new chase figures though like red skull. Repaints are ok like maskless Wolverine, but not new figures like Phoenix.

evenflow
01-22-2004, 09:03 AM
I am really curious of what the line up is going to be, we are getting closer and closer to toyfair and still no concrete leaks of who the line up will be. I cant wait.

jjreason
01-22-2004, 03:39 PM
For some reason, I feel Cable doesn't need to be considered a Marvel Legend.

That "reason" is because he was created by Rob Liefeld, and hence blows.

No figure of Cable should be purchased by anyone, let alone an upstanding member of this forum. :mad: :D

El Chuxter
01-22-2004, 03:51 PM
That "reason" is because he was created by Rob Liefeld, and hence blows.

Not exactly. You're forgetting his full name: Nathan "Agent X" Cable Askani Dayspring Pryor-Summers*. Therefore he first appeared as a lil' baby in X-Factor waaaaaay before New Mutants Vol. 1 #87. ;)

* And about fifty other aliases that I'm blanking on right now.

Reefer Shark
01-22-2004, 06:03 PM
I'd buy a cable figure. Sure, he did kinda blow in the Liefeld days, but the more recent "Soldier X" version is actually pretty cool. Plus, Liefeld is nowhere in sight these days ;)

I cant wait 'till we get the real list in Feb also! And I too, hope they do away with the chase figures......

I cringe when I think about what I paid for the Goliath & Red Skull............ :dead:

RooJay
01-22-2004, 09:40 PM
I happen to own the 18" Spidey, and I have to say that the only thing keeping him from being the greatest action figure ever made is that there is no one for him to fight! Well, and maybe that he's not Batman or Superman, but hey...the world isn't perfect! ;)
I also couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw him on the shelves and realized that he was actually only 25 bucks! I expected him to be at least 40! Totally worth it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Uhhhhhhhhh, so the Red Skull figure is going to be available @amazon.com in Feb??!???

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000TEYXU/ref=pd_nfyhl_fu_gw_nr_2/102-9745083-5069759

I don't care much for this figure, but I did order one for my friend. The shipping date is 2005? lol Go Amazon!!! Hey, never know, they could get it early!!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
01-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong part, but it says the shipping date is February 22, 2004 - February 23, 2004. Where do you see the 2005 thing at, Guyute?

And jjreason, I think you hit on the head why I consider Cable to be unworthy of the Legend status.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong part, but it says the shipping date is February 22, 2004 - February 23, 2004. Where do you see the 2005 thing at, Guyute?

And jjreason, I think you hit on the head why I consider Cable to be unworthy of the Legend status.

I ordered one for my friend and it give you like "total, tax, etc" and then it said, "Estimated shipping date: January 25th, 2005"

They do that when they're not sure when they're going to enough in, so maybe i'll get lucky; no harm in ordering it through for S's and giggles. :D

James Boba Fettfield
01-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Ah, ok. That explains why I did not see the 2005 thing.

jjreason
01-23-2004, 06:18 PM
Oh Chuxxy, you're a stickler. The baby Nathan was born to Madelyne Prior in Uncanny 201, and was presently taken into the future, no? So you're right, from a certain point of view. Liefeld didn't create Nathan Summers.

But I will contest that Liefeld DID create Cable, for the reasons set out below:

Cable's first appearance as Cable - ie being grown up, having white hair, and wearing a gaudy blue and yellow spandex number complete with a hugely huge and awfully fake looking laser gun, and being called "Cable" was in New Mutants #87. Drawn (and written, no?) by Mr. Liefeld himself.

Hence, Like a Virgin. Now throw in a buck.

Reefer Shark
01-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey JMG,
Thanks for that info. I ordered one to open, hopefully it actually happens (I know how crappy Amazon Toys-R-Us can be).

I scored a few more X-men classics figures this week: Cyclops & Gambit (already found Archangel & yellow Wolvie previously). y'know, these are excellent figures and would be perfect if only they didn't have the STUPID action features.....

Gambit & Cyclops have light up eyes, but it only works if you plug these huge ugly contraptions into their backs..... :stupid: oh well, at least the holes are small enough to be almost not noticable.....

I have to say though, aside from the light up eyes thing, this cyclops is very cool! The best sculpt I've seen yet. it really does capture the Jim Lee era Cyclops quite well.

Gambit should have come with a staff & cards. Wonder why they didn't include those accessories :confused: .

Eternal Padawan
01-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Picked up Archangel and Cyclops the other day. Sweet! My X-Men is slowly coming together. Warren's right shoulder joint seems jibbered out a bit, and his wings are freakin' HUGE!!! I may jury rig him into an "in flight" pose with some fishing wire.

And regarding JJB's upcoming waves post, I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but has anyone in the history of the internet, sent a customer service e-mail to ToyBiz saying "hey! bang up job with the chase figures! Keep up the good work!!" If i can't find Pheonix, Black Widow, and Vision ( assuming those will be chasers) I may have to personally dig up Sam Walton's carcas just to kick him in the rotten jimmiysack. CHASERS SUCK! I also don't believe for a moment they'll stick seven figgies in a box set.

Beast
01-24-2004, 04:51 PM
There's a current new rumor circulating on the Phoenix, Black Widow, and Vision figures. This has not been confirmed, and could be total BS. The rumor is that Phoenix will be a regular figure in the assortment, and Dark Phoenix will be a chase. Regular Black Widow the regular figure in the assortment, and the New Black Widow will be the chase. And Vision will be a regular figure in the assortment, with White Vision as the chase. Still a stupid idea, but maybe they're going back to just making variant figures the chase. Like in the first few series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
01-25-2004, 05:41 PM
I guess thats a slightly more acceptable idea, allowing for the obvious sentiment that chase figures in general suck, I could live without the variations as long as I had regular versions of the figures.

Do we really need a billion Wolverine and Iron Man variants, though?

Brown and tan Wolvie is a killer idea, but Weapon X? And I could do with a Red and Silver Iron Man, before another rehashed "Stealth" Armor. We know a repaint when we see it Hasb...I mean Matt...I mean Toybiz. If you wanna repaint a figure, lets see a classic USAgent. Hmmmm... I hear Toyfare is looking for figures to sell through their magazine....Cha Ching!!!!

smurfvader
01-25-2004, 07:41 PM
I was disappointed with the Archangel figure. Instead of making it with either feathers or metal blades they decided to make it with metal looking feathers plus a stupid jet that looks like it was reused from the Doc Ock figure. I probably won't be picking up the rest of the line unless it gets better.

jiM

Beast
01-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Actually, Archangel's wings were drawn in several different ways. I saw the comic version art that the figure was based on. It's actually quite accurate to that version only. I like it, just need to actually find myself one. The missle pack is a bit inaccurate, but oh well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
01-26-2004, 11:53 AM
My problem with Archangel is the damn head band type deal thing. I always hated that look. I wish the sculpt was with his hair out.

Beast
01-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Well, looks like Wolverine: Brown Costume has been confirmed pretty much for Marvel Legends 6. Take a gander at the cover for Issue #80 of Toyfare magazine. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

(Attached image removed due to ToyFare request - JT)

El Chuxter
01-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Forget Wolvie. What are those Shockwave, Cobra Commander, and Skeletor figures? :cool:

jjreason
01-26-2004, 06:10 PM
I love that Wolvie costume - he wore it through so many of my formative years...... :D

Reefer Shark
01-26-2004, 09:04 PM
That's always been my favorite Wolvie costume. It's about time we got this one! :)

Beast
01-27-2004, 02:03 AM
New Possible Line-Up For Marvel Legends 6, 7, and 8. Doh, just checked and it's the same as the last possible list. Oh well, it's just another clue that it's likely. Just wonder what the mystery 'F' figure is with series 8. :)

Marvel Legends Series 6:
Toy Biz announces the sixth series of Marvel Legends 6 inch action figures, each with a comic included. This sealed case of Marvel Legends Series (wave) Six (6) is scheduled to include the following: Brown Costume Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool, Juggernaut, Movie Punisher and may contain Phoenix which is the chase figure. Case count is 12 figures, we cannot guarantee an equal case assortment and all figures may not be included in the case.(Assortment & Availability Subject to change)

Marvel Legends Series 7:
Toy Biz announces the seventh series of Marvel Legends 6-inch action figures, each with a comic included. This sealed case of Marvel Legends Series (wave) Seven (7) is scheduled to include the following: Weapon X Wolverine, Ghostrider, Apocalypse, Hawkeye, War Machine, Stealth Armor Iron Man and may contain Black Widow which is the chase figure. Case count is 12 figures, we cannot guarantee an equal case assortment and all figures may not be included in the case.(Assortment & Availability Subject to change)

Marvel Legends Series 8:
Toy Biz announces the eighth series of Marvel Legends 6-inch action figures, each with a comic included. This sealed case of Marvel Legends Series (wave) Eight (8) is scheduled to include the following: Ultimate Captain America, Iron Man Modern Armor, Ice Man, Storm, F, Dr. Strange and may contain Vision for Ultimate Captain America which is the chase figure. Case count is 12 figures, we cannot guarantee an equal case assortment and all figures may not be included in the case.(Assortment & Availability Subject to change)
http://www.theouterreaches.com/catalog/default.php?shui=2&themes_id=51

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Well 6 is confirmed in that list. There is a black and white picture of them.

http://64.33.37.114/MLS6.jpg

Beast
02-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Woot. And they reveal who's getting Doop. He's being packed with Deadpool. Though in my opinion, he should have been packed with Wolverine. Now the big question is, is Phoenix really the short pack. Or is someone else going to be. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-01-2004, 09:40 AM
I didnt even notice Doop, I have to take a closer look. I hope Phoenix wont be short packed. I just wish that the line would focus less on X-related characters.

Beast
02-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Well, I can under stand that. But the X part of the Marvel Universe is huge. Compared to other books, they do have the most legends. I'm still hoping X-Men Classics is going to survive. I'd like to see some non-Classic versions of characters. Like X-Treme X-Men Beast and New X-Men Beast. Etc. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
02-01-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm with evenflow on this..... no more X-Men in the Marvel Legends line!

X-men have their own line now, and if ToyBiz wouldn't do the stupid action features, they would be just as popular as Marvel Legends. Hell, you don't see any Spider-Man characters in the ML line, and same with the Hulk now that he has his own line. ML should be reserved for other parts of the Marvel universe (Avengers, Cosmic characters, etc...) IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I love the mutants and look forward to owning the new Wovie, Cable, Deadpool, Jugernaut & Pheonix (especially Pheonix). But these guys should have been the next batch in the X-Men classics line. Then we could've gotten Thanos, Warlock, etc, etc...... Instead, we get 5 X-characters, and will get 5 more with the next batch of X-Men classics (if there is a next batch) :rolleyes: .

Ah well, I'll still be buying all of them 'cause they are so cool! :cool:

Beast
02-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Well, Marvel Legends 6 has been on the drawing board before X-Men Classics. And currently the fate of X-Men Classics is up in the air. I hope it survives. But the the thing about X-Men in Classics and Legends. Unlike Spider-Man and Hulk, they do have tons of characters that qualify as Legends. And with so many characters in the X-Universe. Having them in both makes the most sense. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
02-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I see your point. There's about a million X-characters to choose from (although I wouldn't call most of 'em "legends"). And I see what your saying with the fact that ML 6 was finalized before x-classics was even thought up.

I still really want to see more cosmic characters though. Someday we'll get that Thanos dammit!! And a rotocast Galactus would be the bomb!

evenflow
02-01-2004, 01:06 PM
I just wish it wasn't so heavily X-related. 1 or 2 woudl be alright, bu this whole series is X-related. Why couldn't they just throw in an Adam Warlock or a Thanos. Maybe Invisible Woman, Hawkeye, Black Panther, or Dr. Strange.

AT-AT Man
02-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Sorry, but this ****es me off. First, I like the X-Men, but why the hell do they have to put them in ML. Save ML for the good stuff, Dr. Strange, some Ultimate Stuff, anything, but the X-Men.

The next thing that makes me mad is, the addition of Cable and Deadpool. I mean damn, they both suck, and don't deserve spots over better super heros, like Vission, or Hawkeye, who definately needs a fig.

I appologize greatly for this rant i just did, but when a toy company screws up this bad, it maks me mad. I won't be picking anything up in this line, except the possibility of Juggernaut. Again, i appologize for the rant.

Reefer Shark
02-01-2004, 01:52 PM
I understand your pain at-at man & evenflow. But hey, at least Hawkeye, Dr. Strange, Vision & ultimate Cap America have already been announced for later waves. And we will get an invisible girl in the FF box set later in the year.

Still want Thanos, Adam Warlock, & Captain Mar-vel though (doubt we'll ever see Captain Mar-vel).....

Beast
02-01-2004, 01:54 PM
AT-AT, all those guys you mentioned are coming in ML 7 and 8. So the X-Men heavy ML 6 isn't going to stop you from getting Hawkeye, Vision, etc. They're just trying to do some of the characters that fans have been begging for for ages. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Well color pictures are up.

http://64.33.37.114/MarvelLegends6.jpg

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-02-2004, 11:39 AM
I couldn't give a damn about anybody in line aside from Juggernaut and Phoenix. Another Wolverine?!? Didn't see that one coming!! :D

El Chuxter
02-02-2004, 11:49 AM
How many Wolvies are possible for the Marvel Legends line?

1) Tiger-striped costume (done)
2) Tiger-striped with no mask (done twice)
3) Tan-and-yellow costume (done)
4) Tan-and-yellow with no mask (likely a variant)
5) New X-Men leather outfit
6) Classic civilian duds with fur-lined bomber jacket
7) Patch (despite what the Wolverine's Revenge game implies, this is a separate outfit from #6)
8) X-Men uniform
9) Weapon X

That's about all I can think of. They could conceivably do one Wolverine per wave for the next five waves and not repeat. Hopefully if they plan to do them all, they'll spread them out slightly. Or release them in two-packs with all the possible Jubilee sculpts. :)

Eternal Padawan
02-02-2004, 03:49 PM
I would actually prefer BnT Wolvie to TigerStripe since thats what he wore when I started reading. A maskless one would be sweet if they used a Frank Miller head sculpt from his original limited series (Remember when Marvel was so skeptical about Logan they thought he could only sustain a four issue story arc??)

I always thought Wolvie's look from Inferno was cool, but thats probably not Legends worthy. How about Infininty War evil doppelganger Wolvie? Would the "patch" costume be him in a black muscle shirt and pants with that ever present weird mesh/shadow across his face? Buscema as a good doodler, but did it have to show in EVERy panel?? Samurai Logan in a kimono. Battle ravaged Albert with an Elsie Dee pack in. How about classic Australian Outback Wolvie with wifebeater, leather jacket and 10 gallon hat? Wolvie in Genoshan Prison Unisex leotard from Extinction Agenda?

Beast
02-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Here's a slightly better picture of ML 6, and in color. All of them will be mine, excpet for Movie Punisher. Since I don't buy anyone but X-Men. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-02-2004, 05:45 PM
There's pictures of the Ultimate Rhino and Spider-Man 2 Doc Ock circulating around. But I haven't been able to snag any of them. Someone did describe them though. The Rhino is based on his Ultimate comics version. :)

Ultimate Rhino
Ultimate Rhino is of course ultimatized, huge horn. on each shoulder, a shoulder thing with spikes, very armor-ish. in the bicep area and thigh area, it looks like silver-ish wires. He has his mouth open, like yelling. ball neck, ball shoulders/hips, swivel biceps, double knees, hinge elbows, hinge wrists, has a hinge so his set of fingers can grip. Comes with a breakaway brick wall.

Spider-Man 2: Doc Ock
Swivel neck. Ball shoulders and hips. Swivel thigh (like ML gambit thigh swivel style), double hinge elbows, swivel wrists, hinge feet, hinge legs (i think they are double hinge). his tentacles look EXACTLY like the trailer, and they are bendable, each end of the tentacles open up really wide, or closes. He has really dark blue pants, no shirt, a tan trech coat, and removable sunglasses/glasses. Without his shirt, you can see that silver waist thing that goes into the tentacles. The silevr band is in the front. he comes with no base because of the tentacles.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
02-02-2004, 07:47 PM
So are they gonna screw us and make Juggernaut or Phoenix a chase figure?
And please god.....no more Wolverines......

LTBasker
02-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Does Wolvie have...elektra's base? o_O

I'll probably just get Punisher, maybe Juggernaut just cause of his huge size looking so sweet... He'd be great looking posing in a fight with Colossus.

Beast
02-02-2004, 08:28 PM
So are they gonna screw us and make Juggernaut or Phoenix a chase figure?
And please god.....no more Wolverines......
Phoenix is rumored to be the chase figure. We'll have to wait and see. Usually they don't show the chase figure on the promotional stuff. So hopefully if there is a Phoenix chase, it's 'Dark Phoenix' or maybe they'll just do a maskless Brown Costume Wolverine. By the way, I like that they did Brown Costume Wolvie. He's been a figure that's been requested for a long time, by a lot of folks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Any rumors on who the pack-ins will be in the next waves? Also, i have been searching for the pics of Rhino, no luck.

Beast
02-03-2004, 09:40 AM
Pack-ins? You mean like Howard the Duck and Doop? No clue. There's a lot of possible figures in the smaller scale that are possible. They should do a Professor X w/ the X-Babies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Yeah I was talking about smaller characters. Personally I would love to see H.E.R.B.I.E. and Lockheed. Any other ideasor suggestions?

evenflow
02-03-2004, 06:30 PM
7 & 8 possibly found.

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=51&show_article=215

I am upset about the lack of Dr. Strange but nice to see Doc Oc

James Boba Fettfield
02-03-2004, 06:37 PM
ooooo Vision and Man-Thing.

QLD
02-03-2004, 08:15 PM
I found Archangel, Cyclops, Super-Poseable Sipdey, and Joe Fix-It Hulk today. Very nice figs.

Reefer Shark
02-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty bummed about the absence of Dr. Strange on this ad. He was the figure I was looking forward to the most. And I don't think the ultimate cap America is really needed (since we already have one), other wise great line ups! I'm hoping they do classic Ghost Riders bike right (the other bikes have been waaaay too smal IMO). They could do it the correct size & just pack it in two peices.

It looks like there are 4 missing figures from the original lists. Maybe they're gonna go the route of ML5 = 6 regular figures, and a different chase figure. Who knows, maybe they will make a Dr. Strange this year. Unfortunately, we would have to pay an arm and a leg for it.... :frus: :greedy: :greedy:

Dr. Strange
Black Widow
Stealth Iron Man
and the unannounced figure

edit:
Good score LIMP! Those are all great figures.

I finally scored the new X-Men wolvie today and completed my set of X-Men classics 1. Hope there's gonna be a series 2 in the future.... The Wolvie's a great figure btw. His jacket is all screwed up in the package, but you can "train it" into shape with one of those bendy wires.

The figure looks about a million times better when the jacket is fixed :)

Beast
02-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Wow. Not only are we getting X-Men figures in Marvel Legends. But for the first time ever, we're getting a Spider-Man character. Sweet. The Spidey Legends Doc Ock was pretty much crappola. Nice to see him get some proper treatment. I like all the choices. Sad to see no Dr. Strange or Forge though. Hopefully in a future series. Gonna attach the poster here, incase Figures.com gets an order to take it down. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
02-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Line-up for Series 6, 7 and 8 revealed!
As they say, a picture speaks a thousand words. Pictured above is a press sheet from the UK toy distributor Gear 4 Games listing Toy Biz's upcoming Marvel Legends action figures. It should be mentioned that this listing is subject to change.

Dam JJB you beat me to it.:mad: :)

BTW who is man thing?
So glad we are getting Iceman. Will we see the pics at Toy Fair?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-03-2004, 11:01 PM
These look awesome!!! I can't wait for that Doc Ock!! Should be awesome!!! :D

I found Archangel, Cyclops, Super-Poseable Sipdey, and Joe Fix-It Hulk today. Very nice figs.

AWESOME FINDS!!! Where did you pick them up, LIMP?!? I can't find them anywhere!!! If you see any extra Abominations and don't want one, be a pal and pick them up for me; i need two and i can't find a damn thing!! :mad:

-Durge-
02-04-2004, 03:33 AM
I found Archangel, Cyclops, Super-Poseable Sipdey, and Joe Fix-It Hulk today. Very nice figs.Great. Have you got any pics carded?

evenflow
02-04-2004, 09:09 AM
I see that series 6 is supposed to be out in April, how casn that be possible when I still cant find series 5, X-men Classics, or Hulk CLassics.

El Chuxter
02-04-2004, 10:38 AM
A friend of mine sent me the list last night, and here's a cut-and-paste of my response to him:

Series 7:
Hawkeye: a character who I can't emphasize how much he really, really, really sucks, but again likely a great figure.
Apocalypse: this one should be freakin' amazing! And huge!
Vision: one of the cooler Avengers. I could live without him if they didn't make him, but since they're making him I've gotta have him!
War Machine: feh. Likely a repaint of Iron Man in gray with a couple of cannons slapped on. A pretty washed-up early 90s character to get a Legends figure (but I could say the same for Cable).
Ghost Rider (Blaze): Is this list confirmed? The last Ghost Rider we got was a weird mix of Dan Ketch (the bike, chain, and comic) and Johnny Blaze (the outfit and bio). Odd choice, and yet another resculpt.
Wolverine - Weapon X: aaaawwww, yeah!! I'm assuming half-naked with a giant helmet and all sorts of wires. A stasis tube accessory would be awesome.

Series 8:
Captain America: I've heard rumors of an Ultimate Cap (from the Ultimate series, which is a parallel universe), so this is probably him. I'm not into Ultimates (though I've heard they're excellent and have considered checking out the paperbacks), so if that's still the case, I'll probably pass on him.
Doc Ock: hell yeah!! I'm guessing comic version, since the movie line will probably have a film version. Which means. . . original green turtleneck, white double-breasted Armani suit (my favorite), or green spandex?
Man Thing: a movie's coming out for this guy, so sounds good. Nice lookin' critter, even if as a character he's boring.
Storm: yeah, baby! Though which of the 4,785 outfits? I'm hoping the white or black from the Jim Lee/Whilce Portacio era. As long as it's not the mohawk & bikini, I can live with it.
Iron Man: wha? Another one? Counting Stealth Iron Man and War Machine, this would make the fourth. Ultimate Iron Man, maybe? If so, awesome design that I probably can't miss.
Ice Man: everybody say YES!!

Reefer Shark
02-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Hey guys,

These have been showing up at Targets, not in great quantities though... So far I've found most of Hulk classics (no Abomination), and X-Men classics (no new X-Men wolvie) at Target.

I've also found the X-Men series at TRU (that's where I found my new x-men wolvie :) .

I have a feeling the Hulk classics will be harder to find due to the fact that all the movie figures are still warming the pegs..... (which sucks, cause I really want that abomination figure).

RooJay
02-07-2004, 09:21 PM
A friend of mine sent me the list last night, and here's a cut-and-paste of my response to him:

Should I point out that that last Ghost Rider was definitely all Ketch? Johnny Blaze wore an all blue outfit with a high collar. I'm sure you already knew that.
Plus, how can you have Avengers without Hawkeye and the Vision?! ;)

El Chuxter
02-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Should I point out that that last Ghost Rider was definitely all Ketch? Johnny Blaze wore an all blue outfit with a high collar. I'm sure you already knew that.

There's actually a newer Marvel Knights series that features Blaze as Ghost Rider again. I'm not sure how it happened, or if the series even explains it. But the costume wasn't entirely Dan Ketch, or at least not his original costume. It needed a lot more studs. It looks more like the new Blaze Ghost Rider duds (and thankfully not the old ones). But the bike is definitely Dan's.

Plus, how can you have Avengers without Hawkeye and the Vision?! ;)

Without Hawkeye, you could have a much better lineup. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-09-2004, 11:43 PM
Man, i can't believe i beat Jar Jar to this!! He must've been off at speech therapy getting that damn lisp worked on! Crazy gungan!! :crazed:

I present to you what is believed to be the Doctor Octopus action figure from spider-man 2. I like it. alot. cheers!

-Durge-
02-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Man, i can't believe i beat Jar Jar to this!! He must've been off at speech therapy getting that damn lisp worked on! Crazy gungan!! :crazed:

I present to you what is believed to be the Doctor Octopus action figure from spider-man 2. I like it. alot. cheers!Its awesome, I LOVE IT!!!

Beast
02-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Oooo, very nice. I may actually buy him and a Super-Poseable Spider-Man. Don't care about any of the rest of the figures. But the Doc Ock looks sweet as hell. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
02-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Looks pretty cool...

I wonder, is that the ock from ML8, or the Spider-Man 2 movie series?

btw: one of my friends scored me a ML6 Blade figure the other day (finally completes my ML6 set). I have to say that this is an awesome figure. Dead on likeness to Wesley Snipes. Does anyone know if ToyBiz used Gentle Giants real-scan technology on this figure? It sure looks like it to me! :cool:

edit:
Duh! I just re-read JMG's post and can see that ock here is indeed from the Spider-Man 2 line. Awesome, can't wait to get my hands on one of these! Jar-Jar, that super poseable Spider-Man is freakin great! The best Spider-Man figure yet IMO!

-Durge-
02-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Looks pretty cool...

I wonder, is that the ock from ML8, or the Spider-Man 2 movie series?

It's from the Spider-Man 2 range.

Beast
02-10-2004, 12:22 AM
It's the movie version. The comic version never looked quite that cool. The one in ML8, is supposedly the classic green spandex outfit one. Like is pictured in the poster. And congrats on finding Blade, a whole bunch of Marvel Legends Series V just started turning up around here. So he's dripping off the pegs finally. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
02-10-2004, 12:29 AM
Cool!

Can't wait to see the ML comic version also. Like you said in an earlier post, the earlier Spider-Man classics version pretty much blows.

-Durge-
02-10-2004, 12:32 AM
Thats what I said JarJar.:bored: :zzz: :frus:

Beast
02-10-2004, 12:48 AM
There's some more pictures of the good Doctor over at the following site. So glad that they're sticking pretty close to the original design for ole Otto Octavius. Since I hated that damn Power Rangers Green Goblin from Spidey 1. :)

http://www.spidermancollector.com/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
02-10-2004, 03:22 AM
Oooooo-oh. Geez! Here I am trying to have some self control these days when it comes to toy buying. "Just the Sci-Fi toys, just the Sci-Fi toys..."

And here comes that cool looking Doc Oc, and then there's the Vision coming and, and, and... oh wait, I have a kid. I'll just buy them for the kid! Yes... ;) ;) for "the kid."

Beast
02-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Larger picture of ole Doc Ock is making the rounds around now. So figured I'd throw it into the thread for those that wanted a better look. Looks good, and nicely articulated. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
02-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Right on, thanks for the bigger pic. It looks like his claws might be articulated. I certainly hope so. :cool: Huh, are his claws that big in the flick? I dont really remember how big they were from the trailer.....

Hey plasticfetish, buying for "the kid" huh? LOL, I've bought a lot of stuff for "the nephews" on shopping trips with my fiance, thats for sure!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the bigger pic, JJB! Doc Ock is lookin' awesome!!!! Should be a great figure; which'll explain why TB will probably be packing him 1 to every 12 cases!! :crazed:

-Durge-
02-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Larger picture of ole Doc Ock is making the rounds around now. So figured I'd throw it into the thread for those that wanted a better look. Looks good, and nicely articulated. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksUltra cool!!!!!!!!

Beast
02-11-2004, 07:43 AM
Heads up, ToyFare #80 comes out tommorow. And will have good pictures of the entire Marvel Legends Series VI. They're site has updated, showing the Brown Costume Wolverine. He looks nice, and the claws look like they've been done well. So if you care, snag a copy of ToyFare #80 tommorow. It also has Teen Titan's figure news, if you care about DC. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
02-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Heads up, ToyFare #80 comes out tommorow. And will have good pictures of the entire Marvel Legends Series VI. They're site has updated, showing the Brown Costume Wolverine. He looks nice, and the claws look like they've been done well. So if you care, snag a copy of ToyFare #80 tommorow. It also has Teen Titan's figure news, if you care about DC. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksLooks cool,JarJar will you be getting the new ToyFare. Where can I find some pics?

-Durge-
02-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Enjoy....all I can say is awesome!!http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3408&start=75

Beast
02-12-2004, 03:52 AM
Here's a much better picture of the ML6 Line-up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
02-12-2004, 05:32 AM
Well Juggy looks pretty good, but the arms seem too long. Phoenix and Deadpool for sure, but who's the martial artist sitting with the sword?

-Durge-
02-12-2004, 05:53 AM
A little acknowledgement would be nice...:cry:

Beast
02-12-2004, 05:57 AM
but who's the martial artist sitting with the sword?
It looks like Ogun. Someone who Kitty Pryde and Wolverine faced in Japan, during a mini-series run named "Kitty Pryde & Wolverine #1-6". Which is pretty cool, cause Wolvie's Brown Costume was most well known from his time in Japan. He also was once Wolverine's Sensei, during his time in Japan. :)

Heartbroken, Kitty left the X-Men for some time, wanting to get her head together and visited her father (her parents had already gotten divorced by that time). Unfortunately, Carmen Pryde was taking part in some shady dealings with the Yakuza and Kitty stowed away on his plane to Tokyo. The Yakuza discovered her and she was captured by a mysterious clan member named Ogun. The Ninja was more than he seemed; he brainwashed Kitty and not only gave her instant martial arts skills but molded her personality in his own image. Her test was being sent after her would-be-savior – Wolverine. Kitty would have killed Wolverine, if not for Logan’s partner, Yukio, who managed to knock the girl out.

When she woke up, she seemingly was her old self again, but quickly realized that the Ogun persona was still within her and would ultimately consume her if she didn’t fight him. Logan tried to take her through the school of hard knocks, mercilessly pushing her – though always giving her the choice – until she was mentally strong enough to face Ogun.

However, Kitty decided to secretly leave and let Xavier help her, but then – at the airport - she decided to act like a grown-up, by facing Ogun herself. That she did and she succeeded, with the help of Wolverine. She proved her own strength of character by showing mercy to Ogun and thereby proved that her own personality had won out. After that experience, Kitty called herself Shadowcat and, while she still experimented with her look, she took to dark blue costumes with masks.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-12-2004, 05:59 AM
A little acknowledgement would be nice...:cry:
Hey, I'm not ignoring you. The picture on Fwoosh and the one I uploaded are different. Take a look at the spine especially. I just found a better version and uploaded it. No harm or foul, my friend. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
02-12-2004, 06:11 AM
Iam just trying to bring fresh new pics for everyone here. I just want to help out.

Beast
02-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Here's a great big version. Not sure how long it will be up, but see it while you can. I'll try to see if I can cut it into smaller sections and post. :)

http://www.renderosity.com/photos/ArtistArticle6971.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Doop is really awesome. I just wish that Phoenix wasn't a chase figure.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Making Phoenix a chase is pure crap!! Granted, i have excellent luck with chase figures, but she's one of the most popular X-Men series figues, i think and should get a fair run. I'll get her and Juggernaut. The rest of the line is crap IMHO. :D

Beast
02-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Agreed. Sounds like I may have to dig out my TC-14 and R2-B1 doubles for trading purposes. Because I want a Phoenix. Stupid Toy Biz and their freakin' chase figures. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Ouch, it figures though. Welp I'm definitely getting Juggernaut and Punisher, quite possibly Wolverine too. I'll keep an eye out for Phoenix for ya JJB. :cool:

evenflow
02-12-2004, 01:38 PM
I still have hope that perhaps she will not end up being the chase and Dark Phoenix is.

Reefer Shark
02-12-2004, 09:13 PM
:D This whole wave looks great to me, I will definitely try to get all of them. :crazed:

The only complaints I have are very minor:

* Juggernauts ape-like long arms (Toybiz has a problem with this sometimes, just look at Ghost Rider)

* Cables shoulder pads look too big to me (but they are removeable, so problem solved).

* Wolverines Ogun pack-in will probably be out of scale (I could be wrong here). I don't see how a correctly scaled 6" figure could be tucked into that spot on the repainted ELektra base.

* Phoenix body is just the re-used mold from Elektra/Rouge... Time for a new female upper torso Toybiz! Every woman in the Marvel universe does not have the same exact proportions.

I just got that new issue of Toyfare, and the pics look great close up! Juggernauts head looks perfect, I hope the helmet is removeable! Unfortunately it states in there that this Phoenix is the chase, so I guess the bad news is kinda confirmed.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :mad:

Feh... why must they do the chase figures? It's just silly... What really sucks is that this chase is of a very popular character, which will probably translate to a much higher markup on the secondary market....

-Durge-
02-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Ok, what is a chase figure?

Reefer Shark
02-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey Durge,
In the Marvel Legends line, chase figures mean extremely limited production runs. It seems that actual collectors rarely find these figures, scalpers seem to get 'em all. They are only packed one in every (insert number) cases. Toybiz said that Goliath & Red Skull wouldn't be hard to find, but I've never seen one at retail.

I do a lot of hunting (almost every AM), and I've never seen any chase figures at retail.. :cry: I have scored some through trades, and payed way too much for a few from those very same scalpers. The worst case scenario would be one like the Wolvie chase: That one goes for $300+ on ebay!:bored:

So anyway, yeah... chase figures suck :D :D

-Durge-
02-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me.:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Hey Durge,
In the Marvel Legends line, chase figures mean extremely limited production runs. It seems that actual collectors rarely find these figures, scalpers seem to get 'em all. They are only packed one in every (insert number) cases. Toybiz said that Goliath & Red Skull wouldn't be hard to find, but I've never seen one at retail.

I do a lot of hunting (almost every AM), and I've never seen any chase figures at retail.. :cry: I have scored some through trades, and payed way too much for a few from those very same scalpers. The worst case scenario would be one like the Wolvie chase: That one goes for $300+ on ebay!:bored:

So anyway, yeah... chase figures suck :D :D

and i can't help to find it funny that those folks that paid 300 bucks for the unmasked wolvie could've waited a few more months to get the unmasked version in the X-Men 5 pack!! Oh, kids these days! :crazed:

LTBasker
02-13-2004, 01:52 AM
* Wolverines Ogun pack-in will probably be out of scale (I could be wrong here). I don't see how a correctly scaled 6" figure could be tucked into that spot on the repainted ELektra base.

Unless ya go with the classic asian stereotype...

I hope Punisher comes with more than pistols and knives, to me an arsenal would mean a grenade launcher or two, 4-5 rifles, some SMG's, pistols, fun stuff like that. :D

I agree on that maskless Wolvy thing, some people just don't have self control. I mean yea without the mask he looks kinda cool, but it's not that big of a deal...and hey in the 5-pack you get Rogue! :D They would've gotten a much better deal..

Beast
02-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Some possible news. But take it with a grain of salt. Since who knows what this announcement could be. It could be that they're just going to make chase figures easier to get. Like they claimed to with Red Skull, but I don't see him being found by everyone. :rolleyes: :)

I wrote Jesse Falcon yesterday to ask him why they insist on these damn chase figures and he actually responded to it. see below

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 9:03 AM
To: Falcon, Jesse
Subject: What's up with these chase figures

Hey Jesse,
What's up with you guys putting prime figures as chase
figures? Jean Grey is one of the most important
figures in the Marvel Universe and you guys are
putting her as a chase. If that's the case, at least
put her one to a case, not like previous chase. This
is going to backfire big time if you keep this up.
Look at what your customers are saying:

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=5137

People are getting more and more fed up with the chase
mentality. You guys are only making scalpers happy,
everyone else hates it. Most people go looking to
complete a collection & the chase mentality only
drives them away, it doesn't bring them back for more.

Thanks for your time.
Vince Collier

To: "'Vince Collier'"
Subject: RE: What's up with these chase figures
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:19:29 -0500

RELAX!!!!!!

Wait until Monday and all will be revealed.

- You (and everyone else) wont be disappointed.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
02-13-2004, 04:00 PM
I think it's pure BS... .let me tell you why :)

If they made chase figures easy to get, they wouldn't have a reason to call them chase figures anymore right? If they're not hard to get, they're not chase figures... it's really that simple.

So if they were really making them easy to get, I don't think the word "chase figure" would have been on any of the lineup lists we've seen from Toybiz. It's kinda like saying "this free toy costs $10" :stupid:

Ah well, wait until Monday like Jesse says. Apparently we're not going to be dissapointed... :rolleyes: :bored: :zzz:

Hopefully I'm wrong about this. God knows I want a Phoenix figure...

El Chuxter
02-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Hopefully Phoenix won't be too tough to find. I've had mixed luck with the chase and variant figures:

Gold Iron Man: found at KB when still new
T-Shirt Hulk: found several (mostly on damaged cards) at various KBs in the past few months
Trenchcoat Thing: found two on damaged cards at KB in the past week
Stealth Iron Man: never saw at retail
Doombot: found one at Target
Maskless Wolvie: never saw at retail
Goliath: never saw at retail
Red Skull: never saw (but still hopin')

Phoenix is a bit different from some cheeseball like Goliath or a major but not super-popular baddie like Red Skull. I hope Toy Biz knows this.

Maybe a case of only re-released chase figures on new cards may be a good idea in the future for them?

On another note, I scored Archangel, Smart Hulk, Savage Hulk, and Joe Fixit yesterday! :D Warren looks damn cool, even with the honkin' huge rocket launcher. His face kind of lacks the "I'm the angel of death and you better not make me mad" aspect of the character. I'm glad they chose this version and not the later "dirty old man" one.

Smart Hulk is awesome, awesome, awesome, though my wife thinks he should be the sixth member of the Fab Five. Joe Fixit is equally cool. I love how they definitely reflect the styles of the two artists who drew them in most of their adventures (Keown and McFarlane). Savage Hulk is pretty wicked, better than the movie figures or the old ML version, but I mainly got him out of a sense of obligation. Savage Hulk's just a bit boring on the comic page after 500 issues or so.

Beast
02-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Lucky bastage. I can't find ole Archangel around here anywhere. God, I hate the 1 per case crap like this, it's just a major pain in the tail to find figures like this. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
02-14-2004, 05:10 PM
The classics still have not hit Australia.:rolleyes:

AT-AT Man
02-14-2004, 08:55 PM
well, today i got kinda lucky. Found and picked up Mr. Fantastic, Tiger Strpie Wolvie and the Super Posable Spidey from the new movie line. I had never seen any of those, so i picked them up. I also found the Zip Line Batman, with the comic for free, so i picked that up as well since i don't have the original. Also a good find for me.

Well, after seeing the pictures of the new ML figs, I pretty much still stand by my same oppinion in that i don't like them. The only two i might pick up, are Juggy, for a new villian, and Punisher, because i didn't get the ML4 one because i looked like crap.

If anyone can get me a Cyclops form the new X-Men Classics line, i would gladly pay you for that. Just LMK if anyone has an extra. Thanks.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 10:01 AM
AHHHHHH NEW MARVEL PICS ARE UP FROM TOYFAIR!!! I'll say that Jar Jar must be being hold hostage or something as he hasn't posted this yet. HUGE thanks to Star Matt for giving me the links to these pics. ENJOY! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 10:03 AM
"Stay on target!!" :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Yes, there's more and a few more to come after that too!!! wohoo!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Ok, we're nearly getting to the end here! enjoy! :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Alright, last two pics here with my personal faves, the Hulk figures. enjoy them!! :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 10:14 AM
K, some random thoughts on these: first of all, there are more detailed pics of specific figures from the boxsets at 411.com, but i didn't post them as you can see them plane as day in the box set pictures. K, my personal faves from these pics are:
Apocalypse!!
Phoenix (is that a dark phoenix i see? can we say, 'chase' figure?)
Hulk w/ Banner!! Holy crap, he looks amazing!!!
Spidey Sinster 6 six pack- looks like a box of repacks, but good repacks i need!!

On a side note, why does Iceman look like an alien?!!?! C'mon TB, better sculpt on him!!

So, go forth and talk amongst yourselves. :D

kool-aid killer
02-16-2004, 10:20 AM
This and that stinking AOME line anger me to no end. I like them both but have to keep myself from getting any or else ill really be over my head in terms of toys i collect and the amount i spend. I noticed the dark Pheonix too, i feel for the people who really want it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Nearly forgot: the two different versions of cable. :D

edit: i nearly forgot Deadpool & Man thing. I guess i posted rather quickly and forgot them. oh well, i was giddy. :crazed:

Beast
02-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Hmm, you know. Some of these are really awful. Even Apocalypse doesn't look like his Comic version. And Iceman looks like he's got a Professor X head!! Really not impressed at all with some of these. As for chase figures, they should just make them one per case. Instead of one per x number of cases. It's stupid as hell. The FF and Spidey box sets look tasty though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Apocolypse looks like he indulged on the four horsemen...and their horses. ;)

IceMan would be better with head improvements and translucent plastic, the frozen sentinel hand is awesome though.

Storm I was hoping would be the white costume, I dunno about getting her now...

Doc Ock is weird lookin but I guess he is anyways. I hate his tentacles though! They're solid plastic with articulation points, not wire bendy! Why? now they'll be weak, droopy and fragile. :(

The Spider-Man in the Sinister 6-pack appears to be the Spider-Man 2 super articulation body, I'd like to get that since it's painted in the comics way, the rest of the figures in the pack don't interest me though. Doc Ock in the 6-pack looks especially ugly, why make another sculpt for the same figure? :(

El Chuxter
02-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Okay, first, where did they come up with that lineup for the Sinister Six? Since when did Black Cat turn evil and join up? And didn't Venom replace Kraven after his death? They blew the opportunity to give us a kickin' Mysterio or Sandman figure. :mad:

What's with all the honkin' Iron Men? Jeez. What a boring character to get the resculpt treatment! At least War Machine and Ultimate Iron Man would be two separate characters.

The Cable repaint looks cool, but the first is pathetic.

Iceman looks, well, weird.

As for Hulk. . . they're gonna screw it up again! :mad: Let's get out all these crazy Hulk resculpts. Robo-Hulk? War Hulk? Never heard of 'em. Why no Devil Hulk or Stupid Grey Hulk or Maestro if they insist on resculpts?

Beast
02-16-2004, 02:43 PM
War Hulk was when he was one of Apocalypse's Horseman. So it's comic accurate. The Robo-Hulk may be also, but I'm not sure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
02-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Ultra, ultra ultra AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evenflow
02-16-2004, 04:33 PM
I love Man-Thing and Doc Oc. I am also loving the FF box set. I am really upset with the Spidey Box Set though.

Beast
02-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Some news from Raving Toy Maniac:

Hey gang,

RTMike (Mike Fichera) just called from Toy Fair and wanted me to update y'all on some of the stuff he, Rob and Bobbi learned from their appointment with ToyBiz. More info will be coming later, this is just to whet your appetites and answer a few questions! Here we go!

Phoenix is NOT a chase figure. The green version will be roughly as available as Elektra with the Dark Phoenix variant being a little harder to find than that.

The hip joint on Phoenix and the Inivisible Woman is being redone. Those are NOT final versions that you've seen pics of (or will see pics of).

Seen pics of the Absorbing Man from Hulk Classics 2? Yeah, you shouldn't have. There was not supposed to be any photography of that figure yet. Expect some changes there (arm to be bigger).

Cable, Black Widow and Vision will all have variant versions (Cable: diff. color scheme, Black Widow: Blonde version and Vision: White/clear Byrne version).

Fantastic Four Boxed Set: Reed has new head sculpt.

Scorpion looks AWESOME.

Ultimate Rhino IS the version from the Ulimate Spider-Man comic.

Iron Man (red/white and modern) will feature removable helmets.

Well, that's it for now!

Jeff
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 09:17 PM
Pics have emerged of the new Scorpion, Ultimate Rhino and Ultimate Lizard. Enjoy! :D

Reefer Shark
02-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Man, these figures look great to me! I've been drooling over these pictures for hours, thanks for posting them!! :D :D :D

I will be getting each and every one. The only thing I'm bummed about is the absence of Dr. Strange :cry: . Ah well, mabye next year we'll get him (and Thanos for that matter!).

I'm very happy about Toybiz's statement that the chase figures will be paint variations, and not different figures. This should make a lot of people happy. Although, since I'm a sucker, I will be trying to get the paint variants as well :stupid: (especially the Dark Pheonix).

Between Marvel and LOTR, Toybiz will be getting a lot of cash out of me this year. :greedy:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Here is a pic of Juggernaut, unmasked. :D

Reefer Shark
02-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey guys,
Here's a few close ups of the multi-pack figures. Looks like we're getting different headsculpts & other slight changes on the repacks. Pretty neat-o!

Spider man sinister six:
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=469
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=459
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=462
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=472&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=7
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=468&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=7
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=456&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=8
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=465&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=8

Green Goblin on his glider (cool!)
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=473&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=7

FF:
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=486
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=482&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=7
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=479&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=7
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=480&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=7
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=478&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=7
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=476&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=7
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=488&password=&sort=1&cat=528&page=6

-Durge-
02-16-2004, 11:18 PM
All the figs look great to me.

Beast
02-16-2004, 11:44 PM
More on the chase situation, from Figures.com. Variant figures in every 3rd Case won't be so bad. I'll actually be able to get a variant Cable and Phoenix fairly easily. Yay. :)

http://www.superherotimes.com/article.php?ArticleID=5

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
02-17-2004, 01:21 AM
JJB, new TMNT are uphttp://www.afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2004_Toy_Fair/Playmates/TMNT&start=0

jjreason
02-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Green Goblin looks fantastic, I guess I'll pass on getting the current Manga one after all - for this figure I'm willing to wait.

Eternal Padawan
02-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Well, well, well...the ToyFiar pics are in!

Looks like the Dark phoenix is the chase figure, and regular ol' Green Phoenix will be easier to find.

Check out those box sets!! Especially the Sinister Six! (Black Cat?!?Wha..?) Still, Green Goblin, Electro, a nice new Venom, and what looks to be a pretty decent Spidey Resculpt make this one a winner. And the Black Cat! Not really Sinister Six i don't think, but who's complainin' when you get a Felicia Hardy Legend.

Red and Silver Iron Man!!! I guess this replaces War Machine?

AT-AT Man
02-17-2004, 04:05 PM
man, i'm in heaven just looking at all these pictures. Hawkeye, Vision, Black Widow, All the Sinister Six, Ultimate Lizard, Ultimate Rhino, Scorpion, awesome looking Storm. Damn man, i'll be spendng lot of money this year.

LTBasker
02-19-2004, 01:37 AM
So is Deadpool a chase? Saw somewhere that he was listed like that, or is the maskless version of Deadpool the chase? I was going to check him out in stores to see if I like him enough to get.

Beast
02-19-2004, 09:36 AM
He's either going to be a mini-chase, or have a variant head in the package. It's starting to seem like there could be variants of every figure. Which would almost make the chase situation worse, instead of better. Because while there will be more available chases. There will also be more chases to buy. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Got confirmation on the Deadpool, Wolverine: Weapon X, and Johnny Blaze heads. From RTM's forums. Here's some intresting scoops on the line. :)

Hey guys,
I've been collecting a pile of questions from everyone on what we've seen at Toy Fair from ToyBiz.

I just spoke to Jesse and here's the deal.

1) Storm will have a cape. She wasn't done at the Toy Fair.

2) Tony Stark IS Silver Centurion Iron Man - so when he gets a peekable helmet, it won't be anyone but Tony under the lid.

3) There are variants we've all talked about - Dark Phoenxix, Liefeld Cable, Blonde Black Widow, clear Vision....but then there are the other heads seen - Deadpool unmasked, Weapon X un-helmeted, Ghost Rider (not seen) as Johnny Blaze. These are NOT variants - the figures will come with the extra heads included, cause 2 heads are better than 1! HA! ahem...

4) Green Goblin - the other head shown was there to illustrate what he looks like without the clear-bubble-tinted eye pieces he'll be getting ala Alex Ross' artwork in Marvels! So, there is NOT a variant there.

5) The Mr. Fantastic ball is not a superball as I had referred to it somewhere...it'll bounce if you throw it hard enough. But then again, so will a lot of toys that aren't meant to be thrown around by a certain precocious 2-year old little girl I know who likes to knock things off of their perfectly set display... HONEY! DON'T TOUCH DADDY'S TOYS!!!!

*ahem*...

6) The Vision's base will be like Deadpools cast in clear plastic. They were black at Toy Fair to match the background of the display.

I, for one, am completely psyched for this year's output...everyone has their opinions, and you can never make everyone happy at the same time, but c'mon! These are some amazing figures. When you think back to just a few years ago at the difference in the sculpts and paint and articulation - with really not that much of an inflation in cost - these are golden years for Marvel fans!

-RTMike
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
02-19-2004, 10:29 AM
"I, for one, am completely psyched for this year's output...everyone has their opinions, and you can never make everyone happy at the same time, but c'mon! These are some amazing figures. When you think back to just a few years ago at the difference in the sculpts and paint and articulation - with really not that much of an inflation in cost - these are golden years for Marvel fans!"

I couldn't agree more with this paragraph. Packing the extra heads is a great and unexpected move by Toybiz - bravo! This is gonna be a big year for Toybiz fans!

The only thing that could improve the line at this point IMO would be the elimination of ALL chase figures.

LTBasker
02-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Indeed, actually I haven't seen anyone who's dissed the whole thing. He's completely right on the differences from a few years ago.. I have a 90's Spider-man TAS figure that then could've been considered "super articulated" with my Spider-man 2 figure. Vast difference. Considering my Spidey TAS figure only has 12 points. ;)

I'm glad they're packing in the extra heads now, I'm sure people would've been pretty mad if they had done like the Wolverine variants. No news on Iceman still being worked on? His head needs some major work! :eek:

Storm's a definite buy now though since she'll have her cape and all!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Somebody posted a pic over at the hulk boards i post at of the Dock Ock figure, just a MUCH better shot of him. I like it aside from the uh, oversculpting on his private region. you'll see what i mean. :D cheers!

Beast
02-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Woah, Hulk Classics Series 1 just came out. And people are already finding Hulk Classics Series 2. Weird. So far just Gamma w/ Bruce Banner, War, and Mecha Hulk w/ Gremlin have turned up. Either the guy that found them missed the Absorbing Man, or he's not shipping just yet. Here's some pics. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Here's a couple more pics. Mostly of Mecha and Gremlin. The Mecha Hulk is pretty dang snazzy looking. Especially with his firing chesticle missles. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
02-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Nice pics JJB. Thanks for posting that! I'll be getting all of these hopefully....

Since people are finding these already, I hope that doesn't mean that wave one has stopped shiping.... I still need the Abomination!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Nice pics JJB. Thanks for posting that! I'll be getting all of these hopefully....

Since people are finding these already, I hope that doesn't mean that wave one has stopped shiping.... I still need the Abomination!!

I hear that!! From what Binksy told me, Abomination is popping up in the states, moreso then usual. Hopefully he'll become less of a pain to find; hell, i'm looking for two; that's gonna suck!! :D

Does anybody else think that pic of Banner and Richards shaking hands is beyond funny? The Thing just has the best facial expression like, "There, see, isn't that all better? we can be friends!" Maybe i'm just crazy. :crazed:

-Durge-
02-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Awesome pics. Any word on classics 3?

evenflow
02-29-2004, 11:25 AM
I need Mecha Hulk just for Gargoyle. He is awesome. I hope I can find something soon, I am so discouraged. I still have not even seen anything from Marvel Legends V, X-Men classics, or Hulk CLassics.

jjreason
03-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Has anyone here actually found the New X-Men or Hulk Classics figures at retail in the US? Our retailers are usually WAY behind up here for Marvel figures, so I wasn't expecting to find them any time soon - I just hadn't heard any reports of anyone finding them down south yet.

Reefer Shark
03-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Yo jjreason,
I've found all except for that damn Abomination figure. I don't see them in great quantities or anything. I do see the X-men more than the hulk line though, the Tiger stripe wolvie is starting to warm the pegs around here :rolleyes: .

Hopefully they'll start showing up in larger numbers, I really want one of those Abominations!

jjreason
03-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Well I'm already keeping an eye out for Guyute, so if I come across any abundance of them I guess I'll scoop them all for users here! One e-tailer up here reported in January that his store would be getting both of these lines in February. I emailed to be on the wait list for Fixit and Abomination (none of the X-Men appeal to me, sadly enough). Still haven't heard anything, but I'll post in here if it comes to pass.

Reefer Shark
03-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Right on JJ! Thanks!

BTW: I do have an extra fixit on a very nice minty card. He really is a great figure! You can have it if you need it, just LMK. :)

El Chuxter
03-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Oddly enough, I've found all but Cyclops, who a friend got for me. Only seen Abomination once and Archangel twice, though.

I must say they're extremely disappointing. Same price as Marvel Legends, but very inferior plastic. Archangel is so top-heavy there's no possible way to stand him without removing his wings. :(

jjreason
03-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Right on JJ! Thanks!

BTW: I do have an extra fixit on a very nice minty card. He really is a great figure! You can have it if you need it, just LMK. :)

I appreciate the offer, and might very well take you up on it. Im going to email Legends today and see what the heck is going on with their shipment.

Chux - well done! I didn't think the Gambit looked anywhere near as good as ML Gambit, Cyclops is too burly, Arcangel's face I didn't like, and Wolverine - same as Gambit. I'm happy with the ones I already have. Cyke should be just about due for the ML treatment anyway.

RooJay
03-17-2004, 06:59 PM
I appreciate the offer, and might very well take you up on it. Im going to email Legends today and see what the heck is going on with their shipment.

Chux - well done! I didn't think the Gambit looked anywhere near as good as ML Gambit, Cyclops is too burly, Arcangel's face I didn't like, and Wolverine - same as Gambit. I'm happy with the ones I already have. Cyke should be just about due for the ML treatment anyway.

Just wondering - the dictionary defines "burly" as being strong and stout with a broad frame; I've actually thought the X-Men Classics Cyclops was just the opposite of that. Granted the character's nickname is "slim" due to the fact that he was supposedly quite thin early on in his history, but he was actually quite buff by the time of Jim Lee's X-Men. Considering the fact that this is the version the figure is designed after, I actually thought he wasn't "burly" enough. :confused:

jjreason
03-18-2004, 01:08 AM
I guess by "burly" I mean too muscular. I think it's the definition to the muscles that turns me off. In my mind Scott is 6"1' and goes about 175 pounds. Thin build, narrow to medium in the shoulders. This guy looks like an NFL linebacker - from the pictures I've seen. We don't have them up here at retail yet.

I don't think every superhero has be Schwarzennegger. Look at the ML Reed Richards figure - doesn't everyone agree that he's too buff? What's wrong with putting out a good figure that has less than 8 defined abdominal muscles?

El Chuxter
03-18-2004, 12:09 PM
I said I found Gambit, but he was easy to pass on. A piece of crap compared to the figure only recently unseated by 20th Anniversary Prime as the coolest of all time: ML Gambit!

Reefer Shark
03-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Heh, yes, that Gambit is a piece of crap compared to the ML version. I'll agree with you on that.

He's got red light up eyes (which actually look pretty cool when lit up), but only works when this huge ugly gun is plugged into his back - bleh!

Plus, they didn't include his staff or cards - boo!

And his legs seem to be permamently stuck in a wide stance - feh!

That's the worst figure in the assortment IMO (I still bought him though :stupid: ).

My favorite in this line is Cyclops who has a great sculpt IMO. I think it captures the Jim Lee look just fine. Only drawback on this one is that you have to plug the figure stand into his back to get the light up eyes feature to work (although it doesn't look nearly as bad as Gambits gun).

I really like the Archangel & New X-Men wolvie too (you have to fix his leather jacket to make him look right). And don't even bother tryiong to stand Archangel with his wings on, just too top heavy... I plan on hanging mine from my office ceiling with fishing line so he looks like he's in flight :cool: .

One thing I notice is that the quality seems better on the Hulk classics vs the X-Men classics. Anyone else notice this too, or have I lost my mind again?

evenflow
03-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Well I have yet to see any Hulk Classics, but from Gambit and Wolverine (the only 2 i have seen) they don't look that great.

El Chuxter
03-18-2004, 01:59 PM
The Hulk figures are much better made than the X-Men Classics, IMHO, but still pale in comparison to the Marvel Legends.

It seems like they added cheesy action features for kiddies and cut the quality of the plastic to keep them roughly the same price as the Legends. But call me crazy, but who other than an adult collector will even remember who Joe Fixit or the Smart Hulk are? I'd be happy if they killed both these lines and just made more Legends.

I also think maybe they should cut the Spidey line and do "theme waves" of Legends. Maybe one wave could be all Avengers (with a Hulk or related character stuck in there), then the next could be all X-Men, then all Spidey and related characters, then a wave of X-Men, a wave of various, another wave of X-Men, a wave of Ultimates and/or other "alternate reality" characters, then repeat the sequence. (I stuck a lot more X-Men in there not only because of my personal preference, but because there are more mutant characters that folks would want overall.)

And who wants a ML Luke Cage and Iron Fist? :)

evenflow
03-18-2004, 02:38 PM
The Hulk figures are much better made than the X-Men Classics, IMHO, but still pale in comparison to the Marvel Legends.

It seems like they added cheesy action features for kiddies and cut the quality of the plastic to keep them roughly the same price as the Legends. But call me crazy, but who other than an adult collector will even remember who Joe Fixit or the Smart Hulk are? I'd be happy if they killed both these lines and just made more Legends.

I also think maybe they should cut the Spidey line and do "theme waves" of Legends. Maybe one wave could be all Avengers (with a Hulk or related character stuck in there), then the next could be all X-Men, then all Spidey and related characters, then a wave of X-Men, a wave of various, another wave of X-Men, a wave of Ultimates and/or other "alternate reality" characters, then repeat the sequence. (I stuck a lot more X-Men in there not only because of my personal preference, but because there are more mutant characters that folks would want overall.)

I have to agree with the Spidey figures in MArvel Legends. The spider-man line villians are just a little lacking if you ask me. I was and am so pumped to see Doc Oc in Marvel Legends, I really hope the trend continues and more Spider-Man villians will appear in Marvel Legends.

jjreason
03-19-2004, 12:54 AM
I have to agree with the Spidey figures in MArvel Legends. The spider-man line villians are just a little lacking if you ask me. I was and am so pumped to see Doc Oc in Marvel Legends, I really hope the trend continues and more Spider-Man villians will appear in Marvel Legends.

I don't necessarily mind them having different lines going - but the gap in quality has to narrow. The older, Spider-Man Classics line (came with the comics) was almost as good as ML in the beginning. The Rhino and Ditka Era Spidey from that line are 2 of my all time favorites. The line then evolved (devolved?) in the Spider-Man collection continuing to date, wherein countless Spideys are released with few being worth the money (I personally haven't bought ANY Spideys from this line) and the villains aren't of the same quality. Except Hobgoblin, he's ridiculously fine.

Compare Doc Ock and Lizard to Rhino - there's no comparison. The Venom figure was terrible, and I personally passed on Morbius (hated the face) and Kraven - though I wish now I'd purchased Kraven. I've still never seen the "Manga" style Green Goblin figure at retail, but will likely pass as there's a better one slated for later on this year (shown at Toy Fair).

3 Lines: Marvel Legends (I agree with EP - Thanos NEEDS to be made a priority here, along with Black Panther), X-Men Legends, and Spider-Man Legends (and heck HAVE your Hulk Legends for all I care, I just don't see how they can keep that line alive very long on it's own). All with comics. All WITHOUT distraction features. All compatible in scale and size. That's how I'd do it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-19-2004, 01:23 AM
Still NO luck with that damned Abomination. A fellow collector stumbled across wave 2 of the Hulk Classics and is hooking me up with them. I have yet to see any huge retail amounts of the HC figures. I came across a few at KB and got my hopes up as abomination has been showing up at KB's, but no luck.

I did see the Logan and Gambit figures for XMC and man, they looked HORRIBLE. Words cannot express the terror I felt upon seeing these pieces o' crap. I am anxious to see the Hulk classics wave 2 up close and personal.

I'm giving my hunt for abomination till the end of my spring break next sunday, after that, i'm blowing $$ on e-bay to pick two up. Thanks for keeping your eyes out, JJR! :D Cheers! :)

evenflow
03-19-2004, 08:56 AM
I don't necessarily mind them having different lines going - but the gap in quality has to narrow. The older, Spider-Man Classics line (came with the comics) was almost as good as ML in the beginning. The Rhino and Ditka Era Spidey from that line are 2 of my all time favorites. The line then evolved (devolved?) in the Spider-Man collection continuing to date, wherein countless Spideys are released with few being worth the money (I personally haven't bought ANY Spideys from this line) and the villains aren't of the same quality. Except Hobgoblin, he's ridiculously fine.

Compare Doc Ock and Lizard to Rhino - there's no comparison. The Venom figure was terrible, and I personally passed on Morbius (hated the face) and Kraven - though I wish now I'd purchased Kraven. I've still never seen the "Manga" style Green Goblin figure at retail, but will likely pass as there's a better one slated for later on this year (shown at Toy Fair).

3 Lines: Marvel Legends (I agree with EP - Thanos NEEDS to be made a priority here, along with Black Panther), X-Men Legends, and Spider-Man Legends (and heck HAVE your Hulk Legends for all I care, I just don't see how they can keep that line alive very long on it's own). All with comics. All WITHOUT distraction features. All compatible in scale and size. That's how I'd do it.

Well that Spider-Man you speak of finished, the line we have now is not the same line, thats the problem. I agree that 2 wave series that came out was awesome.

As for you missing out on Kraven, no worries he will beincluded in the Sinister Six Box Set with the Green Goblin you speak of.

jjreason
03-19-2004, 06:31 PM
In my mind the Spider-Man series we have now (red "Spider-Man" cards with webs) started with the wave including Doc Ock and Lizard, and continues today through the Manga Green Goblin wave (sorry, it's way easier for me to quantify it along villain lines, I have no idea how many Spideys there have been, or which came out at what times, I just know I haven't liked many of them). The Spider-Man "Classics" series was only 2 waves (and an elusive KB Toys exclusive), and came packed with comics. These actually preceded the first wave of Marvel Legends, from what I remember.

Reefer Shark
03-19-2004, 06:55 PM
That sounds right to me JJ. There were two waves of 4 Spider-Man classics (with 1 variant), and 2 KB exclusives (spider clone, & 2099 SM). I have all of 'em busted loose (except the yellow Daredevil).

These evolved into the Marvel Legends line. They continue to do the SM Classics line, just on different packaging. And of course, the figures are different. They already covered regular versions of Spider-Man, but since they insist on making waves of 3 SM's & 1 villan, they have to stretch for ideas and make stupid versions of the same old red costumed SM (with lame action feature accessories and such)......:rolleyes:.

Personally, I'm all over all the villans in the SMC line. I think they're great. Kraven comes to mind as one of the better ones.

RooJay
03-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Anyone else think it's ridiculous that no one at Mattel has ever seemed to notice the success of the Marvel Legends line and done something comparable with the DC heroes license? You'd think they'd try to latch on to that market by producing a DC Comics line with the same extreme diversity of characters, attention to accuracy and detail, and the same excessive amounts of articulation. Instead we get the same Batman figure over and over in different colors, with different snap on crap and nobody for him to fight - and a Justice League line wherein the team seems to consist solely of Batman, occasional assisted by Superman with absolutely no one for them to mete justice on. :stupid: :frus: :bored: :dis:

Thank God for Marvel Legends!

RooJay
03-20-2004, 05:59 PM

Power Man and Iron Fist are a must for Marvel Legends. ;)

Reefer Shark
03-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Isn't there rumors of an Iron Fist movie?? If that happens there's a good chance we would get 'em. That would be pretty cool!

jjreason
03-21-2004, 12:37 AM
There are so many characters that would make just fantastic figures (regardless of how they pan out on paper). Imagine a cool Modok ML figure, or Cloak and Dagger. Sub par, but really nice character designs, very distinctive and unique. Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are due. Black Panther is very overdue (in terms of how well the character would lend itself to being made into a toy, that is). I guess we're getting Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Vision and the Invisible Woman this year, are we not? Those are needed. Thanos is needed BAD, especially with the recent exposure in his own series (hot on the heels of the fairly-well-done "The End" limited series featuring him as well). Namor with only the green scalies on would be an easy variant. SOOOOOOOOO much good material to draw from!

RooJay
03-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Isn't there rumors of an Iron Fist movie?? If that happens there's a good chance we would get 'em. That would be pretty cool!

Power Man and Iron Fist are Legends, baby! That alone means they're well overdue! :smoker:

Reefer Shark
03-22-2004, 11:35 PM
I would like to see the classic versions of these guys in plastic. Although, I could see the MAX comics version of Power Man being pretty cool. They could do him with a big, gold-toothed grin :D (even though he wasn't called Power Man in that series).

Thanos & Dr. Strange are my most wanted ML's at this point. Adam Warlock would be great as well...

evenflow
03-23-2004, 03:46 PM
My most wanted are without a doubt Adam Warlock, Thanos w/ removable Infinity Gauntlet (that woudl fit on Adam as well), and Dr. Strange. I also hope they conitnue to have more Spider-Man villians in the Legends line.

Eternal Padawan
03-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Ah yes, the ever revolving Marvel Legends wishlist...

Now that we are getting Hawkeye, Vision, Invisible Woman, and Apocalypse, my top ten wish list goes a little like this

Black Panther. The man is mentioned on the back of the packaging for heaven's sake. Thats like adding insult to injury. JJ hit it when he said Panther would be so cool as a toy. All sleek and black with yellow eyes.

Dr. Strange. Another mentionee on the cardback. The Doc just seems like a forgone conclusion, so where is he?

Loki. There are only so many A list Marvel Villains. Magneto, Dr. Doom. and Red Skull are already out there ( I spit on the RedSkull and his chaser status). Loki seems to be the only old school uber villian left to be made.

Ultron. Not only is the dude like a major baddie, but he's a kickarse robot lookin dude who would be killer sweet as a Legend. Let's see a box set with Yellowjacket, AntMan (fullsize), Ultron, Wasp (full size),WonderMan, and a Translucent Vision variant. It'd be like a family thing...

Nightcrawler Zum Tueful!! BAMF!!! Guten Tag, Liebchen... Kurt's been the comic relief for the team since the 70s. Give him a cool articulated tail and a cutlass. My ever expanding X-Men team still looks empty without the fuzzy elf.

Kingpin. I was thinking Joe Fixit's body could be tweaked just a bit, pop on a new head, and viola. But even a brand new sculpt would be appropriate. This guy brings the pain to not one, not two, but THREE heroes (Spidey, DD, and Frank...although I think Frank actually brings him more pain than he does to Frank) so that alone affords him LEGEND status.

Mr Sinister. I have no idea where or what this X-villain has been up to since I quit reading in 95, but he was pretty mainstream back then, so a Legend figure would be pretty sweet.

Luke Cage Definitely not the yellow blouse and tiara version from the 70s, but I could use a Power Man figure to fill out my ranks.

Iron Fist How could you do Power Man and not do Iron Fist? For Shame...

Thanos. Honestly, you could deep six all the others on this list for the chance of producing a kickbutt Thanos figure. An Infinity Gauntlet accessory is a must. Thanos is the ONLY figure I would miss on next year's wave of figures.

Top 5 chick figures I'd like to see

Scarlet Witch. The only trouble would be deciding which of the 200+ costumes shes worn over the years to sculpt. You never see them tweaking Captain America's costume....

Psylocke. I liked the ninja outfit (well, who didn't? rrrooowl) but I wouldn't mind seeing the armored version from a few years previous. Either one would work.

Jessica Jones. Only the fact that it'd be just a chick in a leather jacket and blue jeans ( not very exciting) would prevent this sassy PI from getting Legend status.

Shadowcat. Ahhhh...Kitty, Kitty, Kitty. I love you. Be a Legend soon.

and the number 1 female Legend on my wish list?

Jubilee. They should actually just start a Jubilee Classics line, and have three Jubilee variants with different gimmicks and costumes, and one Jubilee villain, like a Reaver or maybe one of the M-Squad or something.

And when is Toyfare gonna offer an exclusive Legend? I would like a Namor in classic green skivvies, or a Captain America repainted as the original U.S.Agent garb. That would RULE.

Another cool idea would be a Toybiz Chase Apology Box Set with Giant Man, Red Skull, Maskless Wolvie, Red/Gold Iron Man, and a Doombot. If I saw that on the shelves, all would be forgiven.

El Chuxter
03-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Jubilee. They should actually just start a Jubilee Classics line, and have three Jubilee variants with different gimmicks and costumes, and one Jubilee villain, like a Reaver or maybe one of the M-Squad or something.

Duuuuuude, that would be like so cool! The first wave could be Classic Jubilee (in the Robin costume with spiked hair), Jubilee in Pizza Boy Disguise, X-Men Uniform Jubilee, and Mandarin (with real orange blossom smell)!

Then X-Men Movie Jubilee, Generation X Uniform Jubilee, The Draco Costume Jubilee (mmrrrrowr!), and Reaver Dog!

That would be so cool, I'd forgive them for that joke of an Archangel figure.

evenflow
03-25-2004, 04:43 PM
And when is Toyfare gonna offer an exclusive Legend? I would like a Namor in classic green skivvies, or a Captain America repainted as the original U.S.Agent garb. That would RULE.

I actually have been wondering this one for a while. I am surprised they have not had one yet, I am really curious why. I'd like to see either of those done. Any one else have any other suggestions?

Reefer Shark
03-25-2004, 04:49 PM
I dont really know why I hadn't thought of Ultron = you're right, that would make a kick-arse ML! Actually all the characters on your list would make fantastic ML figures (except maybe Jessica Jones).

The only reason I haven't been clamoring for a Loki figure is because I'm actually pretty happy with the 6" Avengers version from a few years ago. He fit's in perfect w/ML. I scored one loose off ebay for $4!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-30-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm holding in my hand....(wipes away tear) Abomination. I like this figure...ALOT. The articulation is nuts (42 points!) and he looks alot like the comic book incarnation as well. The punching feature is a bit goofy, but overall, this figure is magic!! :D

Reefer Shark
03-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Right on JMG, congrats on the score!! I'm curious though, did you get lucky and find it at retail??

He's gone down to a mere $40 - $60 at the local scalper haven :rolleyes:. Still way too pricey for my blood. If I find one at $20 or under, I would probably buy it.. :stupid:

Now the Absorbing Man is apparently going to be a impossible-to-get chase figure.... Bah! Why is it always the cool bad guys that are hard to get????? :frus:

plasticfetish
03-31-2004, 03:13 AM
That's pretty amazing. I've been dreaming that I'd turn one up.
He's gone down to a mere $40 - $60 at the local scalper haven
That's obviously why I won't. Oh well. I did pick up Mr. Fixit, he's very nice, and I saw War Hulk the other day... but none of the others from that series.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-31-2004, 06:36 AM
I ended up getting two off of e-bay for a really really low price, lowering than the prices you mentioned. I was able to get one MOC and then one that was damaged, which he sold to me for cheap, which I opened. I "disabled" the action feature last night..aka: i just kept messing with it till it snapped. Now, i can move the arms much better instead of having to be restricted due to those springs.

Yeah, absorbing man is hard to get too. I know I'll never find one at retail, so i'm just waiting for a good deal on e-bay. Good luck everybody! :D

plasticfetish
04-02-2004, 03:38 PM
OK. So... plasticfetish has been broke for a while, the freelance work hasn't been rolling in for plasticfetish, and so then plasticfetish goes out and gets a "day job" so he can have a little extra pocket money. Today plasticfetish goes out and spends some of said "pocket money" on ToyBiz plastic fun. Yay plasticfetish!!!

Mecha Hulk!

He's big, he's heavy, he's got an ugly little guy in him, and he's a whole lotta fun. Very top heavy, that's the first thing I found... even the Gremlin's top heavy... it's a bit of a balancing act to get any of it to stand, but it's so fun to fiddle around with this toy that I'm having a hard time putting it down anyway. This has now become my main desktop play toy. The chest missiles are a bit odd, they're made from coiled up metal foil and they're held in by the chest plates that open when you push a button behind his head. Not wanting to jinx this toy, but I can almost see it being recalled because of the eye hazard that these things present. (So watch your eyes.) I may leave the missiles out on mine anyway. So, yep... super stuff. I also saw Gamma Punk Hulk... but left it (banner looks too twerpy to me.) Saw War Hulk again... but no Absorbing Man of course!!!

Reefer Shark
04-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Nice score, and great pics PF!!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find those?? I've been looking all over for them, and haven't found squat...

edit:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I found a variant Marvel Legends Hulk (w/ripped shirt) today at KB for $5.99. ML variant hunters might want to check their KB's. I've heard that gold Iron Man, Thing w/trenchcoat, and robot Dr. Doom have been showing up at that price too!

plasticfetish
04-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Thanx! It turned up at Target. There was 2 of them and a few of each of the others (minus any Absorbing Men of course) so I think they'll be showing up in pretty good number soon. I've gotta admit, since I saw the pics JJB posted, I've been looking constantly.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I found a variant Marvel Legends Hulk (w/ripped shirt) today at KB for $5.99.
That's funny... I found one at Wal-Mart today also, weird, but you got yours for a better price.

It was a very Hulky day.

RooJay
04-04-2004, 04:31 PM
With rumors that the Man-Thing movie may end up going direct to video I'm wondering if that'll have any effect on the Man-Thing Legends figure. I know that the figure isn't meant to be a direct tie-in with the film, but it's obvious that the movie had at least a little to do with such an obscure character having been included in the Legends line. Hopefully the film's status won't cause him to be bumped from the planned release or else cancelled in general. I know it's doubtful anyway at this point, but something to think about nonetheless.

jjreason
04-04-2004, 06:01 PM
That is interesting, Roo Jay. I've been surprised by the popularity of the Ghost Rider figure, he never seems to stay on the pegs (and he's at least as useless as Man-Thing in terms of being an interesting comic book hero). I would think that packing Man-Thing one per case would ensure good sales and demand for this otherwise inane character. I think ToyBiz would do an excellent job making him, if the LOTR Treebeard figures can be used as any sort of indicator.

Reefer Shark
04-04-2004, 06:22 PM
That is a good question RooJay. Personally, I would be just as happy if they cancelled the figure...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure ToyBiz would do a bang up job on him. But he really is an extremely obscure character, I could never consider him as a legend in the Marvel universe. The Marvel Legends line is already starting to make too many figures per wave IMO (used to be 4 figures + variant, now it's 6 figures + variant..).

Plus, there are plenty of other characters that I would much rather see made (Thanos, Dr. Strange, Cap Mar-Vell, etc, etc....).

-Durge-
04-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Good point...

evenflow
04-06-2004, 09:29 AM
I honestly hope that they make this figure. I think it was the coolest one shown, and the best made. It was unexpected, but a nice touch.

On a side note, i don't remember there being a pack-in figures past Doop? Was there any and I am totally drawing a blank, or were there not any?

Reefer Shark
04-06-2004, 02:00 PM
I think Doop is the only other pack in (besides Howard the Duck) so far.

That is... unless you consider the robot Herbie, or Franklin Richards in the FF4 box set (I think that's his name).

evenflow
04-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah they are pack-ins, but i was thinking of the regularly packaged figures.

-Durge-
04-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Anyword on series 3 of Spider man 2?

Beast
04-10-2004, 02:42 AM
Looks like Series 8 of Marvel Legends isn't coming out this year after all. There will now only be 3 series released in 2004. ML5, which is out now. And ML6 and ML7 which will be released in June and September. And it looks like chase figures will continue. They'll just be reissuing the HTF chases again in the new series. ML3 Maskless Wolvie will be in ML6, and ML4 Goliath will be in ML7. Sounds odd. Here's the info from Action-Figure.com.

Toy Biz: Statement on 2004 Marvel Legends
Posted by Nomad on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 11:32 PM GMT

In an effort to resolve any confusion pertaining to the 2004 Marvel Legends Line, Toy Biz, a division of Marvel Enterprises Inc., has issued the following statement...

From Toybiz HQ: Our highly anticipated 2004 Marvel Legends Line has been the subject of much discussion throughout the collector community, which speaks volumes to the immense popularity of this amazing collection. The new 2004 line will consist of three diverse assortments as opposed to four as initially proposed during this year’s Toy Fair. The decision to scale back on assortments was clear once we realized the great array of figures now being offered through our production of variants.

Toy Biz will continue to offer chase figures for this line starting with The Red Skull in the first assortment. Following this first assortment, Toy Biz will distribute a finite amount of previously released chase figures into subsequent assortments throughout the year. In order to further enhance the collectibility of this line, Toy Biz will also manufacture a selection of beautifully crafted art deco variants for certain figures. These variants will be produced with scarcity in mind, making fewer available than their mass-produced counterparts. We realize the demand for our figures continues to be at an all-time high and feel this strategy will satisfy mass consumers while at the same time offering higher value figures for our collectors.

Details for the 2004 line can be found below:

MARVEL LEGENDS 6" FIG ASST 5 (Available Now):
Blade II (Movie)
Colossus
Mr. Fantastic
Nick Fury
Saber Tooth
Silver Surfer
The Red Skull (Chase Figure)

MARVEL LEGENDS 6" FIG ASST 6 (Available June 2004):
Cable
Cable (Variant)
Deadpool
Juggernaut
Phoenix
Phoenix (Variant)
The Punisher (Movie)
Unmasked Wolverine (Chase Figure)
Wolverine (Brown Costume)

MARVEL LEGENDS 6" FIG ASST 7 (Available September 2004):
Apocalypse
Classic Ghost Rider
Goliath (Chase Figure)
Hawkeye
Phasing Vision (Variant)
Silver Centurion Iron Man
Vision
Weapon X Wolverine

So Basically, we are short a series, but look closely and you'll notice a couple of extra figures here and there. Guess It's good news for those of you that were complaining of impending wallet strain!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
04-10-2004, 03:38 AM
I'm really looking forward to Vision in assortment 7. Any idea idea how hard it's going to be to find that "variant" version, compared to say... an otherwise impossible to find chase figure? A transparent Vision figure is about as cool as it gets I think.

Beast
04-10-2004, 03:51 AM
The variant versions are supposed to be 1 per every 3 cases. So not impossible to find, just a bit harder then the rest of the series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
04-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Its really too bad about 8, I was looking forward to Man-Thing and Doc Oc more than all of the other figures.

Rocketboy
04-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Man, I thought the movie Punisher would be out by now.
I'd like to pick up Deadpool, Wolverine (in his better costume, IMO), and Blade.
I saw the Blade figure the other day and is that a repack from the Blade toy series?

-Durge-
04-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Whats happining with ICEMAN!!!!