PDA

View Full Version : 2003: Attack of the Figures We Don't Have

plo koon 200
09-01-2003, 08:12 PM
I have decided to do something differnt. In this thread I want everyone to rank the figures they don't yet have because it is to hard to find at retail. Note: This is only for the toys you don't yet have.
I'll start, obviously.

Obi-Wan Acklay-decent figure, good accessories, but a BUTTON!!! A BUTTON!!! What was Hasblow thinking?
Mace Total Control-Well, at least they decided to get rid of the plastic cape for soft goods. But holy cow!!! It has a frigin who knows what on the back of it. That thing gives me an eye sore.
Darth Tyranus-Another button. That sucks!!! At least he comes with force lightning this time.
Anakin SC-Yes, finally a good figure. Which is probably why I can't find it. I can't believe it is Collection 1. It has a robotic hand, a good sculpt, articulation, a blast effect, can be used for Weedings, and for Clone War battles. And best of all it has no BUTTON!!! This is by far the best Anakin figure
Chewie Mynock-Of the two times I have seen the Throne Room Duel case I still can't find this figure so it must be somewhat good. Well lets see. It's to scale, has a Mynock, and a crossbow. Okay, it's good.
Yoda and Chian-WOW!!! An amazing sculpt. Two figures, a flying chair. By far the best figure of this year.
Ashla and Jempla-It completes the circle of Younglings and best of all it has two figures that are beyond excellent.
Padme Weeding-Goes with Anakin SC and has a balcony and some flowers. I must have it.
Coleman Trebor-Oh why I don't have yee yet I wish I knew. Oh great Jedi how I must have ye to complete my Jedi Collection
Wat Tambor-Great sculpt, has a big holo ship thing, can explode, and has weird voice changer. A must have figure.

I will not yet comment on the Emperor wave since it just came out.
Everyone else who has trouble finding figures please comment on these great figures that you still can't find or don't own for those of you who have passed on R2 factory or the repacks.

tagmac
09-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Believe it or not, I actually found Hoth Han, Cheiwe, Anakin, Tyranus, Mace, and Obi-Wan at Target yesterday.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2003, 08:36 PM
The only Saga 2003 figures I'm missing are Wedding Padmé, repack Darth Maul, and the Emperor wave. So not too horrible, even though I saw Padmé and Maul once and never again . . . :cry:

RussUAE
09-02-2003, 12:03 AM
I'm missing the repacks, but want to get them as I missed out when they were originally out.

What is in the next wave to come out (excluding Clone Wars) does anyone know? I've got up to the Emperor Wave, but beyond that I'm not sure.

darthzirock
09-03-2003, 10:36 AM
OK, since just yesterday I was finally able to score a Pit of Carkoon Fett, Throne Room Duel Luke & Vader, Hoth Rescue Han, Snowtrooper, and Mynock Hunt Chewie, I've got considerably less to hunt for these days! :D

The only "Clone Wars" 3-pack I really want is the Jedi Army. I've seen the rest--in fact, the Battle Droid Launcher is already the newest peg-warmer--and I'm not interested. I haven't seen any CW basic figures yet, and I want them all! Yoda looks the best so far, but shirtless Kit Fisto has amazing detail, based on the pics. I'm really looking forward to Asajj Ventress, too.

The Emperor looks ... odd, to be kind. Haven't seen him yet, nor the Maul, Han, Jango, Vader, and Luke repacks. Might get Maul, Vader, and Luke, probably as custom-fodder. ;)

Who else is due out now? Well, either way, I can't get anything until I actually see it on the shelves, and that's a rarity in these parts ... until yesterday, at least.

TheDarthVader
09-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Here is a list of figures I do not yet have:

1. rebel trooper black hair
2. imperial officer brown hair
3. lama su
4. aayla secura
5. barriss offee
6. yoda and chian
7. ashla and jempa
8. amidala wedding
9. wat tambor
10. coleman trebor
11. maul repack
12. han repack
note: some of the repacks I am not collecting! These figures I have NEVER seen at retail. Hopefully, I will find them one day!

Devo
09-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Irish collector.

Don't have Barriss Offee, Anakin secret ceremony and snowtrooper(never got the '97 one either).

Everything else people have mentioned here I have seen and purchased at Forbidden planet dublin w/ exception of the new packaging repacks(couldn't be arsed), and Darth Vader throne room duel(my '95 vader, vader VS Xixor, flashback photo Vader, '98 removeable helmet vader, commtech vader, dagobah vader, emperor's wrath Vader, bespin duel vader and Imperial forces 4 pack vader will be quite enough I'll wager)

Adam
09-03-2003, 09:44 PM
I've passed up Mynock Chewie twice, and right now I can't remember why, because I want that figure.

Need Ashla and Jempa..

owj
09-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Wat Tambor can EXPLODE ?!?!? News to me...

Banthaholic
09-06-2003, 08:51 AM
I was missing uite a few until the local Target came throght this week. Now I got all of the '02 final 5, and '03 1-27.
Although I'm still missing
1. MIB KB Tie Fighter, everyone I see is dented
2. Jedi Army
3. Clone Pack (blue)
4. Clone Pack (green)
5. '03 deluxe obi wan
6. '03 deluxe jango

plo koon 200
09-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Wat Tambor can EXPLODE ?!?!? News to me...

Well not the toy but the character. The armor that he wears is some sort of breathing appartus. I belive there is a more detailed explanation in this months Insider.

kool-aid killer
09-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Of basic figures (up to the Emperor wave) im only missing Coleman Trebor and Ephant Mon. I have seen all the rest and have skipped on all repacks. Im only looking for the green and yellow clone pack. Ive seen both the Jango and Obi deluxe but dont want them.

Jaff
09-07-2003, 12:30 AM
I just got Lt. Faytonni, and he's pretty fair, and I was so happy to finally nab the awesome Cinema Scenes set 1. Still I am missing the wave I've anticipated the most:

Wat Tambor
Coleman Trebor
Padme Wedding Ceremony

WA-7

I have seen the Jedi Army and passed on it, and I have seen three of the Clone trooper three packs. I'm really kicking myself for that because now I want those sets. :eek:

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 01:48 PM
For those of you who have found figures that you could not find, now comment on whether or not they met your expectations.

The Anakin SC for me was good but not as good as I thought. It is my favorite figure of the year.

Darth Tyranus. WOW! This was much better than I thought it would be. His metal lightsaber is awesome.

Since I did not comment on it yet I will mention that I have yet to find the new Emperor and to tell you the truth from what I've seen that figure looks SCARY. I also have not found the Faytonni which I think looks like a great sculpt, can't wait to have it. WA-7 looks like she does just out of the movie. I think she will be an okay toy.

tagmac
10-05-2003, 05:16 PM
I found Wat Tambor in TRU last week, but had to leave it, since I ordered one from Kebco. I'm also missing Sidious, Coleman Trebor, Faytonni, and the Waitress Droid. Ordered them all, and should be getting them in pretty soon. Then it'll be the upcoming waves that we'll be waiting 3 months to find in stores again, lol.

DarthChuckMc
10-05-2003, 06:07 PM
I ain't missing anything except CW Hailfire Droid and Geonosian Fighter. I've seen them several times but have been broke eveytime. When I have the $$, I can never find them....isn't that always the way it works?? :frus:

I got the new Deluxe Durge, Clone Trooper and RED Clone Troopers 3 pack yesterday...I even wrote a review for 'em :D

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21481

I'm just waiting for Holiday Edition Yoda to go on sale, and EE to ship me the 2nd wave of Clone Wars basics and my case of Imperial Dignitary wave now.

tagmac
10-05-2003, 08:18 PM
I did the same thing....ordered the two upcoming cases from EE that have the most new figures in each, and pre-ordered the remaining ones from Kebco. These changing (and grossly uneven) case assortments are really proving to be a pain in the neck - Hasbro STILL hasn't learned. :frus:

darthzirock
10-06-2003, 01:17 AM
OK, got the Lt. Dannl Faytonni wave and the Clone Wars Value Packs! Also got The Emperor--what a disappointment! Scrawny old man with a half-head inside a huge frickin' hood, plus a cane he can't hold and stupid Force Lightning bracelets! WA-7 Waitress Droid won't stand up on her base and just utterly refuses to hold her serving tray! Jeeze-Louise, but is Hasbro trying to get us to stop collecting, so they can just produce garbage that lil kids can play with and break? Dannl Faytonni himself is pretty cool, I guess, but not really a figure I'm excited about, you know?

OK, I'm still missing the Deluxe Yoda w/ Force Powers (and I guess I always will be, as this assortment is long gone); the Maul, C-3PO, Han, Vader, and Luke repacks; singled-carded versions of the first three Clone Wars figures (Yoda, Anakin & ARC Trooper); and, the Jedi Army 3-pack. I'm passing on the Cinema Scenes because they're too expensive (3 figures for $20 is an outrage!), and I've never collected vehicles bigger than Speeder Bikes. Oh, speaking of Speeders, I still need the Deluxe Durge and Speeder Bike Clone Trooper w/ Firing Laser Cannon, too.