PDA

View Full Version : NEW 2003 Figures found at Walmart

DarthChuckMc
09-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Submitted for your approval...

An AFA -100 graded The Emperor Throne Room action figure. ;)

I found this last night at the Apopka, FL Walmart Supercenter.

Enjoy!

Old Fossil
09-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Dude, better be sure to put that in a Star Case right away. Wouldn't want any dust to get on it.

Must've gotten wedged between a pallet of Great Value bleach and a pallet of 50-lb. bags of Ol' Roy... poor, poor Palpatine, he did not forsee it...

Kidhuman
09-02-2003, 11:15 AM
Egads, what happened to him. Well I know it wasnt the bleach next to him because it would have turned his cape white!!

Jaff
09-02-2003, 11:41 AM
The Horseheads Walmart in NY had the Dannyl Faytoni Wave on Friday, August 29th. My wife called me from there and asked me if I needed him, and unfortunately I didn't. Wish I could have got there in time to get the Wat Tambor and Padme.

After hearing about it I went to Watkins Glen, and Glen Mills NY and both those Wal-Marts had fresh cases of the Han in Hoth Wave.

It was quite refreshing to see new stuff at Wal-Mart since it is literally the second time this YEAR that I have seen 2003 figs at their stores.

Dr Zoltar
09-02-2003, 12:25 PM
DarthChuckMC,

That's great! Couldn't stop myself from laughing. I'm at work so I'm sure my cubemates wonder exactly what the hell I'm up to.

Ever wonder why it's only the Star Wars figures we see crushed up like that? I don't see it happening to any other toy lines.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-02-2003, 04:34 PM
If you had the scruples of an ebay scalper you could sell him as the super rare "Trash Compactor Palpatine."

nick83
09-02-2003, 09:18 PM
I just found a Wa-7 (flo) at my local Chattanooga,TN wal-mart today. She was hanging there with Hoth Han, and the package wasn't even crushed like most of the new stuff at wal-mart. I would post some pictures but my camera is on the blink. I will try to scan it tomorrow.

Sidiously Darth
09-02-2003, 10:47 PM
poor, poor Palpatine, he did not forsee it...

The Force was definitely not strong with him that night.

I have to agree that most other toy lines seem to fair better during shipping. Even other hasbro lines.

The Coleman I picked up was a little worse. The figure is actually thinner now, like Callista Flockhart.

Banthaholic
09-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Reminds me of a Anakin Secret ceramony I saw at Wal-mart a bit back.
The top of the card was completely ripped off, and the bubble was in slightly, just slightly better condition than yours.

bobafrett
09-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Submitted for your approval...

An AFA -100 graded The Emperor Throne Room action figure. ;)

I found this last night at the Apopka, FL Walmart Supercenter.

Enjoy!

So is that what he looks like after being thrown down the Death Star shaft? Maybe Dave Letterman dropped him off a building (Does he still do that?)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-03-2003, 04:25 PM
So is that what he looks like after being thrown down the Death Star shaft? Maybe Dave Letterman dropped him off a building (Does he still do that?)
David Letterman did that a few weeks ago, the first time in a long while.

Wow, that looks horrible!

And the package is messed up, too! :p

Battle Droid
09-04-2003, 02:32 AM
I wouldn't mind finding a smashed Emperor, all my Wal-Mart has is a ton of Padmes (pilot) and Dexters.

LusiferSam
09-04-2003, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't mind finding anything at my Wal-Mart. I was in there the other day and I couldn't find one figure. All they had were some lightsabers.
But I don't think I've seen a card in that bad a shape for a long time. Its pretty funny.

Kidhuman
09-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Finally scored something from 2003 today. Got library droids, Lama Su, Padme DF, Imperial Officer, and Tusken Ambush. Finally hasbro starts shipping to Wally World again.

JEDIpartner
09-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Our Wal*Marts stink up here. I'd say you were "lucky" to have found that! :D :rolleyes:

Val Da Car
09-09-2003, 09:55 PM
I did find Wrong Hand Luke (ROTJ Left gloved lovin)

darthzirock
09-11-2003, 11:54 PM
What are you guys complaining about? Isn't that the way it's supposed to look? All of my recent Wal-Mart purchased figures are in exactly the same condition, if not worse! And you know what? If they hadn't been on semi-crushed cards, I'd have never even found them, because the bloody scalpers would have snapped them all up. As long as the figures themselves are undamaged, I say, "Mangle those cards, Wal-Mart! Mangle 'em good!"

Old Fossil
09-12-2003, 09:25 AM
Wal-Mart ought to at least mark down toys with badly damaged packages.

Kidhuman
09-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Wal-Mart ought to at least mark down toys with badly damaged packages.

Ask an employee or a manager. They shoulddo it for you. If not, then you are inthe same boat you started in having to pay full price or going to another store. It cant hurt to ask

Old Fossil
09-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Good point. A few years ago, I took a very shelf-worn POTF2 AT-ST to the manager at a K-Mart, and they cut the price half. Of course, that particular store no longer operates...

BTW, Kidhuman, I swear that's the funniest avatar I've seen round here in a long, long while. Cracks me up every time! :crazed: