PDA

View Full Version : Just a pics request

mylow thehutt
09-03-2003, 01:40 PM
don't know if any one has one but I would like to see who shot or disembled 3PO in empire on cloud city I always wanted to know did that and thought it would be on the special addition but no luck so if any can help me out thanx in advance. :cool:

Beast
09-03-2003, 02:26 PM
It was just Stormtroopers. Protocal droids are built so that if they get damaged, instead of breaking their parts come apart. It saves money in that you can reassemble them, or only need to replace a smaller joint section instead of a large piece. How you know it was Stormtroopers? Because C-3PO replays his last few moments of conscious thought when Chewbacca repairs him in the cells. :)

C-3PO: "StormTrooper's here? I must tell the others. Oh no, I've been shot!"

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
09-03-2003, 02:47 PM
How you know it was Stormtroopers? Because C-3PO replays his last few moments of conscious thought when Chewbacca repairs him in the cells. :)

Ah but it could've been officers, he could've seen a couple Stormtroopers and that's the first thing that computed. Of course if it was only supposed to be Stormtroopers, the voice of the 'trooper' could bring about another debate. ;)

Not really important though who shot him, heck it could've been an Ugnaught parading around in some Stormie's spare armor. :crazed:

Anakin2121
09-03-2003, 03:02 PM
I see two theories as to why the stormtrooper had a difference voice then we normally hear:

1.) It was an Imperial officer that was speaking, and there were stormtroopers with him, and the troops shot 3PO. He obviously must have been shot by multiple troopers, since 3PO was in many pieces, and I doubt a single blaster shot to the chest would decapitate him and make his limbs fly apart. :p

2.) Same as above, except maybe there were no Imperial officers in that room, and the person that was speaking was a stormtrooper that had his helmet off.

What I REALLY want to know is, in ROTJ in the Battle of Endor, who was the guy that got on the screen and said, "It's over, Commander. The Rebels have been routed and they're fleeing into the woods..." Was it just one of the Endor Rebel soldiers who somehow got inside of Chewie's AT-ST, put on the clothes of one of the AT-ST drivers (that the Ewoks somehow beat up) and got on the radio? Or did one of the Rebels revive the AT-ST driver, hide behind him, put a blaster to his head and tell him what to say into the radio? :D :crazed:

Jargo
09-03-2003, 03:09 PM
It's han solo wearing a helmet they got from a captured AT-ST driver. The big argument is whether he's actually in the AT-ST cockpit or standing in front of a comms device at the doorway. But that's harrison ford in the helmet.

Anakin2121
09-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Whoa! Seriously, Jargo?! I never knew that! I've been wondering that since I was, like, eight years old! Thanks!!! :)

bobafrett
09-04-2003, 12:25 AM
It had to have been the Stormtroopers, doesn't anyone here own the Lego technics Stormtrooper and C-3PO? You fire the Stormtroopers blaster and it hits 3PO in the gut, blowing him to pieces!

JediTricks
09-04-2003, 04:02 AM
Just because 3PO says that stormtroopers are there doesn't mean they're the ones who shot him. He also says to someone in that room: "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to intrude. No, no, please don't get up." If whomever shot him was sitting and then got up and blasted him, they'd have to be able to recognize C-3PO from the other protocol droids in Cloud City, including the one that just left that room and looks and sounds almost exactly like our hero. Considering that and the odd voice, I still maintain that while a stormtrooper may have been in the room, Boba Fett has a gruff voice AND the hunter skills to instantly be able to recognize C-3PO on sight AND the quick draw to blast him where he stood.

We likely will never know for sure, but my money's still on Fett as the trigger man.

bobafrett
09-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Wow, I had never thought of that. I mean Fett, after all he was on the trail of the Falcon as it headed into the Cloud city.

Kidhuman
09-05-2003, 09:17 PM
Good point JT. I never hought it was Fett. Always figured it was stormtroopers.But dont you think3PO would of said something when he finally saw Fett?

After all the Imperials got there before they did so it would make more sense.

stillakid
09-05-2003, 10:42 PM
I've always believed that it was a Stormtrooper without his helmet on. Most likely it was a small group of them chillin' in some side room until they were to be called upon later. It's really the only thing that makes sense based upon C3PO's frantic "replayed" words as he was rebooting.

As far as Han goes, I've always assumed that he climbed up into the AT-ST somehow to make the call inside, though since we don't know how that really is done, I'm not sure how quickly he could have gotten back down before the extra squads come on out. He really couldn't have used the control wall as it appears as though all functions were locked during the battle.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Here's the answer to everything:

INTERIOR, CLOUD CITY ROOM
Threepio: "Who am I? Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I, I didn't mean to intrude. No, no, please don't get up. No!"
Officer: "Look sir, droids!"
Stormtrooper: "That's my line, fool."
Threepio: "Stormtroopers, here?"
Officer: "Now you've blown our cover!"
Stormtrooper: "What if we just blast him?"
Officer: "That would be too loud."
Boba Fett: "I say we scalp him!"
Ugnaughts: "Yeah!"
Boba Fett: "Then we tattoo him!"
Officer: "Then we hang him."
Stormtrooper: "And then we kill him."
Threepio: "I say we let him go"
All Imperials: "No!"
Threepio: "We're in danger. I must tell the others."
Stormtrooper: "He's nothing. Just let him go. He's a loner, a Rebel, Da Ti."
Shot fired.
Threepio: "Oh no! I've been shot!"
Ugnaught: "I know you are, but what am I?"
SCENE FADES.

Any questions? :confused: :p

scruffziller
09-07-2003, 11:36 AM
After all the Imperials got there before they did so it would make more sense.

Boy I guess the Falcon wasn't as fast as we thought.:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Here's the answer to everything:

INTERIOR, CLOUD CITY ROOM
Threepio: "Who am I? Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I, I didn't mean to intrude. No, no, please don't get up. No!"
Officer: "Look sir, droids!"
Stormtrooper: "That's my line, fool."
Threepio: "Stormtroopers, here?"
Officer: "Now you've blown our cover!"
Stormtrooper: "What if we just blast him?"
Officer: "That would be too loud."
Boba Fett: "I say we scalp him!"
Boba Fett: "Then we tattoo him!"
Officer: "Then we hang him."
Stormtrooper: "And then we kill him."
Threepio: "I say we let him go"
All Imperials: "No!"
Threepio: "We're in danger. I must tell the others."
Stormtrooper: "He's nothing. Just let him go. He's a loner, a Rebel, Da Ti."
Shot fired.
Threepio: "Oh no! I've been shot!"
Ugnaught: "I know you are, but what am I?"
SCENE FADES.

Any questions? :confused: :p
THREEPIO: Wait! Don't I get a last request? :p

JediTricks
09-07-2003, 10:38 PM
But dont you think3PO would of said something when he finally saw Fett?What would make 3PO say anything about Fett? He doesn't know Fett, just another space-clown in a costume shooting. ;) His worry would be about the stormtroopers that are with Fett, they're a known threat to 3PO's friends.

Scruff, the Falcon's hyperdrive was on the fritz, remember? My theory is that it worked part of the time, so they hyperdrived there in short hops, and Fett simply relayed to Vader where they were likely heading only a few hops before they got there, which is why Vader had himself only just got his forces there.

Stilla, what part of 3PO's reboot dialogue leads you to the conclusion that it absolutely must be stormtroopers? As I said before, he comments on there being stormtroopers, and he also comments on being shot, but I don't know of anything that cements those 2 as being 1 in the same.

Kidhuman
09-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Well when he saw him at the carbon freezing party, he could of said he is the one who shot me.

I always believed it was stormtroopers as well JT. Just from his comments alone.

Oh no stormtroopers here. I've been shot. Basic deduction would lead to stormies shooting him.

That is of course until you mentioned Fett. :D

JediTricks
09-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Well when he saw him at the carbon freezing party, he could of said he is the one who shot me. Except that 3PO really couldn't see much of anything, since he was facing the rear wall almost the whole time. ;)

Oh no stormtroopers here. I've been shot. Basic deduction would lead to stormies shooting him. Actually, I believe it's him repeating a garbled version of his "please don't get up" and then "... Stormtroopers, here??? Oh no, I've been shot!" which doesn't exactly support the theory that stormtroopers shot him because the "oh no, I've been shot" comes off as a different train of thought. Plus, wouldn't the "Stormtroopers, here???" part have come before his "please don't get up" part if they were indeed who was getting up? I'm not saying it *was* Boba Fett, I'm just saying the evidence is thin and doesn't exclude the Fett-man as the shooter, and I believe there is evidence to suggest that he was the shooter.

stillakid
09-08-2003, 09:13 AM
Except that 3PO really couldn't see much of anything, since he was facing the rear wall almost the whole time. ;)

Actually, I believe it's him repeating a garbled version of his "please don't get up" and then "... Stormtroopers, here??? Oh no, I've been shot!" which doesn't exactly support the theory that stormtroopers shot him because the "oh no, I've been shot" comes off as a different train of thought. Plus, wouldn't the "Stormtroopers, here???" part have come before his "please don't get up" part if they were indeed who was getting up? I'm not saying it *was* Boba Fett, I'm just saying the evidence is thin and doesn't exclude the Fett-man as the shooter, and I believe there is evidence to suggest that he was the shooter.

I look at it this way:

When he's rebooting, his computer initially replays the very last thing he "thinks" before getting knocked offline. That would be the "I, uh, don't mean to intrude here. I, don't, no, no, no...Please don't get up. No!
" part.

Once he's "warmed up" again, his "brain" continues processing that information and then nearly simultaneously figures out what happened to him without fully realizing that he's being put back together again. This "thought" process all happens in a very short span of time, so it sounds a little convoluted to explain it, but it makes complete sense when talking about a artificial intelligence computer.

So after "replaying" the last bit of memory, his mind processes the info and he says "Stormtroopers? Here? We're in danger. I must tell the
others...." because, um, well, he obviously sees Stormtroopers. Of course someone else could've been there. Boba Fett, Vader, George Washington, Olivia Newton John...but as you say, because he really only knows Stormtroopers, that's all he'd say. We could conjecture (I verbed it! :) ) about this forever because the script just says: MAN'S VOICE: (from within) Who are you? What we do know is that C3PO saw Stormtroopers and that he got shot by someone. The voice is obviously not "filtered" like a Stormtrooper comlink, nor is it exactly like Fett's gruff voice, so it is someone else. That leads me to believe that it was an "off duty" Trooper with his helmet off who was just sitting around (maybe playing cards or something).

Then he finishes he realization off by saying, "Oh, no! I've been shot!"

Anakin2121
09-08-2003, 09:17 AM
We don't necessarily know that the stormtroopers thought this was THE C-3PO. It's possible that 3PO saw stormtroopers somewhere when he was walking around and remembered that he saw them, and when he walked into that little room, it might have just been some armed thug that wanted to be left alone. :D

stillakid
09-08-2003, 10:20 AM
We don't necessarily know that the stormtroopers thought this was THE C-3PO. It's possible that 3PO saw stormtroopers somewhere when he was walking around and remembered that he saw them, and when he walked into that little room, it might have just been some armed thug that wanted to be left alone. :D

True, they most likely didn't know that it was C3PO based on the question: "Hey, who are you?" However, we do know that there were multiple Stormtroopers in there ("Stormtroopers here...") and that somebody shot him after "he" got up. They probably had orders to lie low until called upon. That silver droid was probably cleared and/or reprogrammed which made it "Empire-safe" but for any hapless Bespin citizens or droids who may accidently discover the Empire's presence in the city, the same fate would meet them as met 3PO.

Rogue II
09-08-2003, 10:50 AM
I MAN'S VOICE: (from within) Who are you? What we do know is that C3PO saw Stormtroopers and that he got shot by someone. The voice is obviously not "filtered" like a Stormtrooper comlink, nor is it exactly like Fett's gruff voice, so it is someone else. That leads me to believe that it was an "off duty" Trooper with his helmet off who was just sitting around (maybe playing cards or something).

Not that it matters, but it could have been an Imperial Officer as well. They usually don't wear helmets. :)

What would make 3PO say anything about Fett? He doesn't know Fett, just another space-clown in a costume shooting.

3PO could have obtained a copy of the script or a bootleg copy of the film and did a little research in between films. On second thought, maybe C-3PO knew of Boba Fett from the Holiday Special :dead:.

Kidhuman
09-08-2003, 02:12 PM
On second thought, maybe C-3PO knew of Boba Fett from the Holiday Special :dead:.

Too funny. The only thing I think we can all agree onis that he was shot. Unless Lucas makes amends in his new Super Special Editions we will never know. I really dont care who shot him except I wouldlike to shake his hand :D

stillakid
09-08-2003, 03:40 PM
I really dont care who shot him except I wouldlike to shake his hand :D

The way George is going with the Prequels, showing us everybody's past and all, maybe this mystery guy's brother pumps a couple of rounds through Jar Jar's chest in Episode III. I can hear the yelps of the audience now. :Pirate:

gtrain29
09-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Boy I guess the Falcon wasn't as fast as we thought.:D

Not with the hyperdrive knocked out.

JediTricks
09-09-2003, 01:33 AM
I dunno stilla, that's a lot of supposition on your part to be so sure it's the only way things could possibly be. ;)

stillakid
09-09-2003, 07:57 AM
I dunno stilla, that's a lot of supposition on your part to be so sure it's the only way things could possibly be. ;)

The yelps part or the rounds business?

JediTricks
09-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Not the rounds in the chest part. ;)