PDA

View Full Version : "Predator 3" Arnold Schwarznegger replaced,and a littel Blade 3 news as well.

mylow thehutt
09-03-2003, 02:58 PM
sound cool check this out.

Now that Arnold Schwarznegger is running for California Governor, he won't be able to film "Predator 3", but there is a name in pro wrestling being tossed in the air for a replacement. The Rock is that name being thought for in the movie, as he does have a history in Hollywood now with Scorpion King and his upcoming film The Rundown which is to be released in theaters on September 26th.

The screenwriter for Predator 3, Sam Park, has decided The Rock as his choice for the movie and Park is quoted with the following: "I think [The Rock playing Dutch] is an excellent idea and could insure the franchise continuing on for many years [fellow writer] Clay McBride and I have definite ideas for sequels with some bizarre twists for the Dutch character and the Predators that we believe will keep the franchise stories fresh and exciting for decades."

I'm a fan of the Rock and like his movies but Predator this should be intresting,also for the wwe fans or for thoese who the wrestler HHH,it is said he may be appering in the new blade 3 movie. :cool:

Anakin2121
09-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Interesting. The Rock just might do allright.
He's supposed to play Duke Nukem as well. And it just might work, he's got the right build for it. All he'd have to do is get a short crewcut and dye his hair blond. :)

The Overlord Returns
09-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Gah! Why would they have him play dutch? It's not like PREDATOR 2 had the dutch character involved.....

Perhaps they should change him into a new character...and simply show Dutch's head in a predator ships trophy case or something...

Pendo
09-03-2003, 04:59 PM
I agree, why does the character have to be Dutch? Why should there even be a Predator 3? What is with all the bringing back of old movies? Terminator, Indiana Jones, Predator, and many more... Why can't they just leave what is already good before they destroy the franchise? They've also got Aliev Vs Predator coming out, isn't that enough?

PENDO!

Mandalorian Candidat
09-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Gah! Why would they have him play dutch? It's not like PREDATOR 2 had the dutch character involved.....

Perhaps they should change him into a new character...and simply show Dutch's head in a predator ships trophy case or something...

And isn't Predator 2 supposed to happen several years in the future of Predator 1? Dutch would be in no shape to take them on. Better to just have a different protagonist and set of circumstances.

The Overlord Returns
09-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Yes...P2 was set in 1997....so I guess about ten years after the events in the first movie........

Tycho
09-03-2003, 05:41 PM
The new creatures in this film with have cloaking devices that make them look like Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamente and Gray Davis.

They will be attacking utility companies and Dutch will have to go in there and nuke them by turning the power back on!

We'll find out that the Predator high command is secretly run by an alien named Larry Flint who coordinates the strikes from a planet called Los Angeles. This film will show female Predators who Flint has genetically engineered to take over the world. In his assaults, they will be featured center-stage.

But I agree: Dutch is ARNOLD. Let Rock play a new character. Maybe Arnold can make an appearance cameo for a debriefing scene - you know, like they use the California State Republican headquarters as a military strike mis-coordination room. Arnold would be there anyway.

Anakin2121
09-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Yeah! Arnold could appear briefly and....brief.... :p the hero, much like how Harrison Ford was briefly in Apocalypse Now. :)

2-1B
09-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Bring back Jesse Ventura and Carl Weathers. :cool:

scruffziller
09-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Yea The Rock is this generation's Ahhhhhnold...........

(in David Spade voice)

Saw the SCORPION KING this weekend. I liked this movie the first time when I saw it when it was called CONAN THE BARBARIAN.

LTBasker
09-05-2003, 09:33 AM
I know! Bring back Arnold AND Danny Glover!

"We're too old for this cosmic crap."

Wouldn't mind seeing Arnold back, Collateral Damage showed he could still get into some jungle action. The Rock's "acting" just doesn't sit well with me, although he lives up to the name. It's like watching a rock. :D

Darth Jax
09-09-2003, 10:53 PM
the predator was explained in 2 as a hunter that was attracted by violence and heat. thus his appearance in the jungle with guerilla warfare and a heat wave in LA with a severe gang problem.

2 ended with the lead-up to a 3rd movie. the presentation of a revolutionary war pistol. that's the time frame in which the next movie should occur. the Rock can star if they wish but he should play a new character as did Glover in 2. replacing Dutch with the Rock is destined to hurt the movie.

plasticfetish
09-10-2003, 02:01 AM
I can't even begin to explain how completely sick I am of seeing Arnold Schwarznegger's face. On the other hand, I think the Rock is a guy with a lot of charm, a great sense of humor and he could quite possibly bring the Predator thing back from the dead in a good way. With Arnold back in the movie, I'd probably skip it just the way I have with Terminator 3.

Tycho
12-17-2006, 06:01 AM
Well, it's been 3 years since this thread had some life to it and I haven't heard the slightest bit of new Predator news. I just watched both the older films and thoroughly enjoyed them again. I have them on VHS and am really considering that I might watch these enough that I should get the DVDs. Maybe.

In the meantime, I'd like there to be another Predator movie. I also liked Danny Glover in Predator 2 better. I think the story went further and revealed more with Gary Busey's character hunting the hunter, and so forth.

A lot of action-movie stars have been in the Predator films:

Jesse Ventura
Carl Weathers
Bill Paxton
Morton Downey, Jr.

I wouldn't object to seeing The Rock appear.

What would be awesome is if a human (they usually have to have a human star or two) get caught up in a hunt and are even taken to another planet (perhaps as stowaways on a Predator expedition ship). They could invent some creatures different and equally as impressive as the Aliens and let them all have at it.

Who knows what the future will bring? I hate to say it, but what if Michael Bay makes the Predators vs. The Transformers?

2-1B
12-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Why would Predators hunt Transformers ? :confused: They don't have any spines to pull out of their bodies. lol lol lol

Tycho
12-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Well, they could mount their car seats in the Predators' spaceships!

Or

Megatron could want old Cybertronian artifacts pillaged by Predator trophy collectors.