PDA

View Full Version : My unwanted figures and what to do with them...

Dak Powers
09-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Oh my gosh my avatar is old. Haven't been here in a while. Here's my problem:

Well, I bought every saga figure from '02/01 - '02/40... And looking back at the first two episodes, well... They sucked. And I dont like my TPM and AOTC figures anymore. My mind won't change about this, but I have 30 figures or so (I love the others, like Han and Chewie and Vader and Luke) that I don't want, and I know nobody will buy them for even a buck on eBay. What do I do with them? I've thought about opening them and making fun custom figures of my own.

So I ask you--

What would you do with these unwanted crap Saesee Tiin and friends figures?

Dak

Old sig \/

Beast
09-03-2003, 07:40 PM
If your really serious, why destroy them with silly customs. Donate them to Toys For Tots when Christmas rolls around. Get a receipt as well, you can deduct it as a charitable donation off your taxes.

Just because you don't like E1/E2 anymore, and don't like the figures, doesn't mean that there's not some needy kids out there that see as much magic in the Star Wars Prequels as us old timers originally saw in the originals. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dak Powers
09-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Bah, you can't be serious. I'll sell them on eBay for .50 cents each.

Just kidding. You know what, I really hadn't thought about that. I think I might do that, seriously. Every time that comes around, I give them one or two old figures that I didn't want, but I didn't even think about doing that with these.

Thanks, Jar Jar :)

Kidhuman
09-03-2003, 09:04 PM
You could mail em to me if you want. :crazed:

Banthaholic
09-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Depends if you're looking to do good or bad:
Good: Toys for tots
I know a few other SW fan forum sites, had a drive last x-mas with pegwarmers for toys for tots. It really is a good way to help the less fortunate, and make some new fans of our beloved movies.
Bad: ever see Toy Story, when the neighbor bully ties fireworks to the back of his toys and watched them explode. It definitely won't help anyone, but might make for a few laughs.

InsaneJediGirl
09-04-2003, 12:01 PM
I'm with most here,donate them to Toys for Tots or a local Battered Women&Childrens shelter.You'll get rid of them and do something cool for your taxes :)

Jargo
09-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Melt them down, all of them....... :evil:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-04-2003, 05:29 PM
I was gonna say sell them back to Wal-Mart for full credit, but the I read the posts about being charitable. Oops. :D

Dak Powers
09-08-2003, 04:55 PM
In all honesty, I may have done that, but I don't think Wal-Mart honors receipts from 4/23/02 :-/

stillakid
09-08-2003, 07:57 PM
The 501st (www.501st.com) visits hospitals and such and I'm sure that those guys would be more than happy to distribute action figures to those kids while making the rounds.

AdmiralPiett
09-14-2003, 07:13 PM
You can return them to Toys R Us for full credit on a giftcard without a receipt.
Piett

Beast
09-14-2003, 08:03 PM
You can return them to Toys R Us for full credit on a giftcard without a receipt.
Piett
Don't take that suggestion. That just hurts the people that are trying to buy new figures. If someone returns a ton of figures, they get filed onto the pegs, and it's even longer before they get cleared out for new figs. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jaff
09-15-2003, 10:05 PM
I'm with Jar Jar whole heartedly on this topic. Why clog up toy shelves with JUNK when you can turn it into gold for kids. You don't need to wait till christmas. Donate them somewhere and let a young person feel the magic of SW.

Turbowars
09-15-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm with Jar Jar whole heartedly on this topic. Why clog up toy shelves with JUNK when you can turn it into gold for kids. You don't need to wait till christmas. Donate them somewhere and let a young person feel the magic of SW. Target must have different policies from state to state. When I buy figures from them, each and every figure is scanned and has a different SKU. Donate them, because you will be wasting your time on e-bay and ours if you return them to the stores.

bobafrett
09-15-2003, 11:51 PM
The 501st (www.501st.com) visits hospitals and such and I'm sure that those guys would be more than happy to distribute action figures to those kids while making the rounds.

Yes, listen to stillakid you will, donate your toys! Being a member of the 501st, I would have to say it would make our day to be able to get toys to distribute to kids, and leave you with a warm feeling in your heart.

If your looking to recover some of your money spent though, then I would say to go the eBay route.

jjreason
09-16-2003, 01:40 AM
Well I'd start by posting a list in the trading section here, including some things you're looking for. You never know who needs what if you don't dangle it out there.

Donating them may be the popular choice, but it's your wallet. I'd personally be looking for a little short term something if I was going to unload a whack of figures, but I guess donating them will get your money back at tax time. I've given away quite a few toys to kids, and it always feels good.

Old Fossil
09-16-2003, 08:56 PM
I gave some old figures away once, to an immigrant family that was new to the neighborhood at the time. I think they were from Yakutsk. The children didn't care for the figures, but the parents set them up behind the house in a very cosy little shrine in the woods. The figures, that is. Somehow, the Bossk figure always ended up getting the largest share of the offerings. Not that I spied on them, or anything. That wouldn't have been proper. But you start to wonder, you know, when suddenly there are no longer stray cats in the neighborhood, and the squirrels disappear, and someone keeps stealing your mandrake roots, at the same time a shrine to Bossk is built nearby. I mean, I guess it could just be coincidence. They're nice enough folks, and who wouldn't want to have an aboriginal Siberian folk culture transplanted to within walking distance, as convenient as the nearby Piggly Wiggly?

Yeah, you should DEFINATELY donate your figures. You never know what good may come of it.

stad
09-16-2003, 09:52 PM
You can always mix the two. Donate all the TPM figures, and any POTJ, and return any Saga figs. Wal-Mart will (usually) return them even with receipts that old or older, even though they don't HAVE too. You can also return them for full store credit if you have no receipt. That might be the best mix for you, some donation and some return on your money, even if that isn't popular for the rest of us (old figs on the shelves).