PDA

View Full Version : Please Hasbro.... Kitik Keed'kak and a curved bar section

droidekas2
09-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Hasbro, I am asking that you please release Kitik Keed'kak (grasshopper woman). The figure has already been completed by you and has even seen some production . This is another of those freaky cantina aliens that we collectors and fans of Star Wars all love. You've already put the time and money into tooling this figure so why not release it.
I would also request that you give us a curved section of the cantina bar to finish it off. It would seem simple enough to tool and manufacture. Their are many collectors who would like this piece and it seems like such a logical thing to do. With 2004 being a non movie year it would be a great time to release these two pieces.
A really great idea would be to release them in a multi pack like the Imperial Forces or Bounty Hunter packs. Since the curved bar piece is so big the multipack could include 3 figures instead of 4. This would be a perfect spot to include Kitik Keed'kak. The other 2 figures could be rehash/repaints of other previously released cantina patrons. Why not the Wuher and Dr. Evanson figures you've already worked on??
It would be great to get any of these or even better, to get 2 totally new cantina aliens.
Please release Kitik Keed'kak and please give us a curved bar section to complete the cantina bar that you have already given us.
Thanks for your consideration.

Dr Zoltar
09-04-2003, 01:49 PM
I second that.

JediTricks
09-05-2003, 05:13 AM
While this sounds like a good idea to me, the reason I think it won't happen any time soon is that Hasbro wants to use this figure as the keystone to the wave 2 cantina figures, without Kitik, the other 2 simply won't be of interest to any retailers. Since all 3 of the figures in wave 2 are complete and carded, I don't think Hasbro will choose to eat it on those already-completed sets that are simply waiting for someone to buy 'em.

stillakid
09-05-2003, 11:07 AM
While this sounds like a good idea to me, the reason I think it won't happen any time soon is that Hasbro wants to use this figure as the keystone to the wave 2 cantina figures, without Kitik, the other 2 simply won't be of interest to any retailers. Since all 3 of the figures in wave 2 are complete and carded, I don't think Hasbro will choose to eat it on those already-completed sets that are simply waiting for someone to buy 'em.

I asked the Hasbro rep at the San Diego Comic Con specifically about Kit ik and he said that they will definitely be released, but as you say JT, they need someone to carry them. His advice to me was to not pay any exhorbitant price for one and to be patient. :)

I didn't ask about the curved section though.

droidekas2
09-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Sorry, I didnt know that they were all packaged/carded up already. I was just trying to come up with an idea so that we could Kitk.

Since the problem is they just need someone to carry them, why doesnt the fan club. You would think that that is what they are there for, the fans, so that we can get "limbo" things like this.

How hard is it for Hasbro to tool up a curved piece of the cantina bar and stick it in with something. And a center distillery thingy while there at it. A nice set of 2 deluxe figures.

I cant wait to get Kitik (some day...). That's why I love Star Wars and what got me as a kid, freaky aliens, droids, space ships, and light sabers.

Give us the aliens. At least Kitik is finished somewhere.
I feel for Jargo and his quest for Yarna. I support him and I also yearn for her.

After those 2 I could really go for Leesub Sirln.

evenflow
09-05-2003, 05:21 PM
The fan club may be the ideal place for them. I really want him to be released. He is the best one out of the set, and we may not even get him.

As for Yarna, I am still hoping and waiting.

Kidhuman
09-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Agreed Evenflow. That is the best out of the six made so far. We need him. Why dont they just ship him or sell em one at a time?

Dr Zoltar
09-05-2003, 07:07 PM
I've emailed the fan club to let them know we fans would purchase the these Wave 2 cantina figures if they picked them up. I'm sure the more emails we send them the better.

Jaff
09-07-2003, 01:45 AM
Brian's Toys is pre-selling Ktik for 14.99. That's what they charged me anyways. They said they don't know what's up with the figure, but that they will honor the pre-sales because they will get it first. Honestly I don't believe that they will release the Cantina Bar sets again because they were such a flop at Wal-Mart. Retailers will annalyze the history of these sets. What retailer would risk paying a large commitment to such a dismal failure. Hasbro should have been smart and released the Ktik wave before the Greedo Wave, then these sets would have been a success, and maybe we could have seen a curved bar complete with Derek Janniko!

stillakid
09-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Brian's Toys is pre-selling Ktik for 14.99. That's what they charged me anyways. They said they don't know what's up with the figure, but that they will honor the pre-sales because they will get it first. Honestly I don't believe that they will release the Cantina Bar sets again because they were such a flop at Wal-Mart. Retailers will annalyze the history of these sets. What retailer would risk paying a large commitment to such a dismal failure. Hasbro should have been smart and released the Ktik wave before the Greedo Wave, then these sets would have been a success, and maybe we could have seen a curved bar complete with Derek Janniko!

I still find it amusing that in "other parts of the country (world)" these are considered a "flop." Over here, they were hard to come by in the first place and haven't been seen since.

I don't believe that the product was as big a flop as was the distribution. I'm sure that had these been sent out in a wiser fashion, people would not have had to resort to purchasing them from online sources, thus leaving any additional product on the shelves.

Boba Fetish
09-07-2003, 07:18 PM
I concur. Ktik Keedkak Pleease Pleease Pleease! :frus:

I also think Wioslea, Elom, Bom Vimdim, J'Quille, and Hermi Odle need to come out some day too. The more nasty looking aliens the better.