PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy: The Thread!!! (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

Jargo
03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
which episodes are you guys talkin about. wish you'd refer to them by episode title. last episode I saw was 'the tan aquatic with steve zissou' was this one 'bill and peter's bogus journey'? or 'Airport '07'? I'm a tad behind but not much.

General_Grievous
03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
The one we're talking about is Airport '07. Bill and Peter's Bogus Journey airs next week.

JediTricks
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
That had me rollin' too! I forgot about that. I liked the use of the real picture with Peter put over it. Made it that much better. :thumbsup:Yeah, it was funny on its own but making it the real Britney photo in every other way was tops.

and when Cleveland had Joe's legs on strings when they walked onto the plane. :DOh man, I dunno why but I was dying with that one.

I just rewatched it and I forgot about how incredibly out-there the part with the prom night baby was, that shouldn't have worked (even the voice work wasn't far-enough removed from Peter's regular voice) but the singing/dancing/swinging-the-umbilical-cord-as-a-cane bit totally did work.

I rewatched a few minutes of that night's Simpsons and I noticed that their writers have been trying to ape Family Guy in gags more and more, but without the understanding of what makes Family Guy work so it falls flat. Krusty's $ $ contact lenses was one of those.

El Chuxter
03-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Tonight's episode was pretty weak. The weakest in a long time. Only the Hee Haw/Conway Twitty gag, Thing and Lorena Bobbit, and Peter waking up in bed with Clinton were really funny. The New Orleans joke was tasteless, even by FG standards, and the re-use of the proctology exam joke--especially so soon after an entire episode devoted to it--was completely unforgiveable.

General_Grievous
03-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Yeah, tonight's episode wasn't that great. Poking fun of Clinton was funny about 9 years ago. I did laugh at the Thing/Lorena Bobbit joke. I also laughed at Peter and Lois ripping on Stewie's drawing. That was cruel humor, but it got a chuckle out of me.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, gonna have to agree: last night's episode was lame and c'mon, Clinton? He's been out of office for nearly a decade!

I did giggle at:
- Brian barking at the toilet. It's always great when he reverts back to his dog instincts.
- The New Orleans joke had me chuckling, but only in a "man, i'm a horrible person for laughing at this joke."
-I did LOVE herbert and his dog, Jessie, at the Fondling Pond. that was good stuff.
- The Conway Twitty songs were great. I was really hoping they'd let a whole song pan out.

that's all i can recall. Not a great episode.

UKWildcat
03-12-2007, 03:08 PM
-I did LOVE herbert and his dog, Jessie, at the Fondling Pond. that was good

If I remember correctly, that was really the only scene I liked. Maybe a couple others.

Overall I thought it was a pretty carp episode, definitely forgettable.

Kidhuman
03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
I wasnt pleased with this offering. The fondling part and the Stewie drawing were funny. I gagged when Peter said he wanted Lois' Mom

JediTricks
03-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Wow, I totally disagree with the mob here, I thought that was one of the funniest episodes ever, I can count the number of failed jokes on 1 hand. Hell, even the octopus being flung into the wall and doing the wacky wall walker thing had me in stitches, and the octopus with the 8 wooden legs. Seems like I'm in the minority on this one, the reviews at TV.com are equally disfavorable, but I stand by my knee-slapping good time watching that ep last night.

General_Grievous
03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I forgot about the octopus. I did laugh at Peter drawing on the glass and the following struggle between him and the octopus.

Kidhuman
03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I did forget about the Octopus too. That was pretty funny. Still doesnt make it any better.

JediTricks
03-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Adam West's sausage plants?

Clinton turning underwear Meg down?

Joe on the treadmill?

Mrs. Pewterschmidt having no problem with bedding Peter?

Meg's laptop conversation, and its demise?

The name of the Quahog gym?

Clinton getting PERFECTs on DDR?

Chris loving his dead cat gift?

THE LOST CITY OF NEW ORLEANS WITH THE FLASHING SKELETON?!?

El Chuxter
03-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Man, even I thought the N'Awleans joke was tasteless. And Slicker's Mom called me up and said it was pretty twisted, too. If Slicker's Mom says it's twisted, you must be a demented person to like it. What sort of monster are you? :p

General_Grievous
03-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Clinton getting PERFECTs on DDR?

Now that you mention it, Clinton singing along to "Barbie Girl" was pretty good.:grin:

JediTricks
03-14-2007, 04:35 AM
Now that you mention it, Clinton singing along to "Barbie Girl" was pretty good.:grin:Oh yeah, that was another crack-up! I loved that part, forgot about it till you reminded me.

Man, even I thought the N'Awleans joke was tasteless. And Slicker's Mom called me up and said it was pretty twisted, too. If Slicker's Mom says it's twisted, you must be a demented person to like it. What sort of monster are you? :pI don't get it, everybody on the net is all PC about this one, but how is it in bad taste? It's not making fun of anybody at fault, it's not making fun of anybody who actually died, it's just making fun of a weird situation that happened over a year ago. I see it different from a shuttle disaster joke. Maybe next Sunday I'll call your mommy so she can come pick you up and tuck you into your beddy-by when the show's over. ;) Don't forget to brush and button up your footie pajamas' trap door.

El Chuxter
03-14-2007, 09:35 AM
You're a big Borat fan, aren't you, JT? Why don't you go and kick some puppies now? :p

JediTricks
03-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Never seen Borat, no desire to.

I watched it again today, found a few more gags that didn't quite work but even more that did, such as Stewie blowing his nose with Lois' recently-used hanky. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Laughed my arse off a lot tonight. Highlights:
- the scarejew
- "Project Jon Stewart! he's the most important Jew!"
- The CRIPATRON. Oh man, I laughed so hard at that.
- Meg toweling off
- Peter and almost evil villain persona and bad puns
- Ben Stiller's ears and Peter's "his movies are terrible."

That's all of the top of my head, but i thought it was a hilarious episode. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
03-25-2007, 08:59 PM
The whole carpet thing with Quagmire was hilarious. I thought Cripitron and Scarejew were damn funny. The Yahtzee thing made me laugh pretty hard.

UKWildcat
03-31-2007, 12:55 AM
I just got around to watching last Sundays ep and I thought it was hilarious; definitely made up for the last one.

My favorite part was the MC Isher music video: "Going up the stairs and going down the stairs, and going up the stairs and going down the stairs, and going up the sideways stairs." For some reason I thought that was hysterical. I literally cried so hard from laughing at that scene. lol

Kidhuman
03-31-2007, 05:24 PM
I forgot all abouyt the Mexican Superfirends. That had me dribbling n my pants a bit.

UKWildcat
03-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Batman rolling up with the kilos. lol

JediTricks
04-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Last night's episode was dreadful, totally unfunny, I think I laughed twice at most. Even worse for FG, American Dad showed 'em up, it was pretty funny.

General_Grievous
04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I agree with you, JT. Last night's episode fell flat.

Kidhuman
05-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. I laughed quite a bit at it. The whole SJP/Dunst comment had me laughing. Stewie's vision of seeing Jesus was funny also. I thought the beginning was much funnier than the end though, the Gilbert Godfried thing killed it for me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-04-2007, 09:52 PM
I liked Stewie's line about "if it weren't for 9-11" . . . :D

Kidhuman
05-05-2007, 05:36 AM
D'oh, how could WE of all people forget the Chuck Norris fist in the :beard:

Phantom-like Menace
05-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Chris's line about Laura Bush being scraped more times than a fisherman's knuckle was possibly the wrongest comment I've heard in that entire series. I laughed because I'm messed up, but it was wrong nonetheless. The Jesus vision was strange but kind of made me snicker.

JediTricks
05-06-2007, 03:23 PM
D'oh, how could WE of all people forget the Chuck Norris fist in the :beard:
Oh my god, that was so unfunny it was painful, a played-out joke followed by horrible execution and sewn up in a crapsack by revisiting the gag later.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Pretty solid episode tonight. HIghlights for me:

1. The performance artist on the school board; he always cracks me up and we finally get his name: bruce!
2. The comment about the 9/11 relief funds
3. The 8 minute chicken fight; man that was GREAT. Glad to see those two beating the crap out of each other
4. Peter/Quagmire texting/chatting on the cell phone. The way Quagmire was enthusiastically waving was great and Peter's laugh was hysterical.

:thumbsup:

General_Grievous
05-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I loved tonight's episode, especially the chicken fight part 3 and Stewie's tuba.

The Butt Scratcher joke was pretty funny, too.

Kidhuman
05-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I laughed alot. The chicken fight was great. I love that gag. The "Mastercard" kid had me laughing with his drawn out noises.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-06-2007, 10:16 PM
I laughed alot. The chicken fight was great. I love that gag. The "Mastercard" kid had me laughing with his drawn out noises.

Yeah, i loved that. Plus, you can never go wrong with Longbottom or whatever the kids name was with the long bottom mouth. His father, who Brian met when he worked at the New Yorker, cracked me up each time he was on screen. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-07-2007, 03:28 PM
James-William Bottomtooth IV

I thought this ep largely sucked, the chicken fight wasn't funny and wasn't clever, it was 1 trip too many to that well, and hell, even the fighting wasn't as well put-together as before so it didn't even have that. There were a few jokes that hit, like How I Met Your Father with the real actors from the show, and Brian asking about the kids' pot connection, but so many more that were just flat toss-ins. And Chris felt off-script both in writing and in Seth's reading. All in all, I'd say this wasn't as bad as last week's but it was pretty bad.

Kidhuman
05-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I forgot the Ballet scene. Peter and Quagmire giggling like school girls was damn funny.

JediTricks
05-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Family Guy was really good last night, it started off with some misfires but really picked up by the middle. The Quantum Leap and Back to the Future references were really tight, the Jetsons stuff worked for me, poor poor Jane, and Roger showing up at the end was a great way to end it. There was also no pointless B-plot to fill time (unlike American Dad's plot with the rest of the family trying to hotwire the car), it was just chugging ahead at full steam with a solid pace and a lot of hitting gags. Even the stupid fight-chicken worked for me, and I hate that "character", but this actually played into it perfectly. A fantastic season finale definitely helps keep the show alive after a weak season like this has been.

American Dad wasn't great, but had some funny moments in the A-plot, so I guess that's pretty decent for them too. Too bad King of the Hill and The Simpsons both double-sucked.

General_Grievous
05-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Eh, this episode didn't really do it for me. The only thing I laughed at was the Jetsons joke. Everything else kind of fell flat for me.

El Chuxter
05-22-2007, 01:59 PM
I saw the Rick Astley joke coming a mile away, and I still laughed my arse off.

And Roger's cameo was totally unexpected, though I knew something would be amiss in the new timeline.

Phantom-like Menace
05-23-2007, 12:58 AM
I mostly liked that they took shots at Mad TV and Tucker Carlson.

My first roommate liked Mad TV and I hated it, and my second roommate watched Tucker Carlson and I hated it. Brian's general reaction to Al Gore being president made me laugh.

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Apparently, the last few minutes of the episode were finished the day before airing, the director on the ep had quit to do his own series on Disney Channel. :rolleyes: Never the less, they pulled it off quite well I thought.

Rocketboy
07-12-2007, 08:42 PM
A short, 3 Disc (2 really, since disc 3 is bonus features), 13 episode (half a season) Volume 5 was announced as a September 18th release but the cover art has recently been released (http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/family-guy8.html).

Disc 1:
- Stewie Love Lois
- Mother Tucker
- Hell Comes To Quahog
- Saving Private Brian
- Whistle While Your Wife Works
- Prick Up Your Ears

Disc 2:
- Chick Cancer
- Barely Legal
- Road To Rupert
- Peter’s Two Dads
- The Tan Aquatic With Steve Zissou
- Airport ‘07
- Bill & Peter’s Bogus Journey

Bonus Features:
- 38 deleted scenes
- Three “Animatic Episodes” with optional commentary
- Stewie Loves Lois
- Prick Up Your Ears
- Chick Cancer
- “Drawing Peter” featurette
- “Toys, Toys Galore” featuretteUgh. Why only half a season?

El Chuxter
07-13-2007, 12:44 AM
So they can charge full price for two sets and get twice as much money.

Beast
07-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Actually it's due to the next season only being 8 episodes.

So they kept the last 5 Episodes off the set to fill out the next volume.

Rocketboy
07-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I'd rather had them put all 26 episodes together.

Beast
07-13-2007, 01:15 PM
I'd rather had them put all 26 episodes together.
I would rather they didn't. I'm tired of the first 4 volumes. And I don't wanna wait for 5. :D

2-1B
07-13-2007, 04:40 PM
I just burn them off of Netflix, so I don't care how they are packaged. :)

DarkArtist
09-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Does anyone know when the Star Wars Episode of Family Guy is going to air. Did they mention the date at either CIV or SDCC ?

Beast
09-03-2007, 05:51 PM
From what I'm seeing, it should premiere on Sept. 23rd.

Lord Malakite
09-04-2007, 04:01 AM
The Fox commercial I saw Saturday/Sunday stated Sept. 23rd, like Beast said.

2-1B
09-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I loved the TIE Fighter with flames painted on the wings...reminded me of Optimus Prime.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Thsi season starts with a bang with a GREAT PREMIERE. I don't have time to write a whole blip, but my faves:
- Performance Artist Greedo
- The Robot Chicken Debate
- "what am I? R-Tupac!??!"
- not one, but TWO AIRPLANE! references.
- The band at the cantina playing the same song.
- I loved the nod to the great Williams music and then the beheading of Danny Elfman
- The Griswalds, which had the voices of D'Angelo and Chase!
- "Red Foxx, standing by!"

GREAT episode. I can't wait to see an extended edition some day cos you konw they had to've cut out a lot. GREAT. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

General_Grievous
09-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I loved Redd Foxx as an X-Wing pilot and the Sandcrawlers "Grey Poupon" joke. The rest of the funny stuff I had seen in the leaked preview but it was still really funny. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
09-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Freakin hilarious episode. Damn funny.

Favorite parts:

When Herbert fnds Chris: One Lucky SOB.
The Dr.Who Reference
Danny Elfman
The Lightsaber Cheese Knife
Robot Chicken Arguement
The whole programming R2 with the message

Many more, cant think of them right now.

Beast
09-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Agreed. It was a great episode. Hopefully they do Empire next year.

The only thing I hated was the callback to the "Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man." I hated that stupid cut-away when it was originally on. Thankfully they cut the Star Wars version's callback shorter. It's annoying.

pegger
09-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I liked the Airplane! references...

And the "So I said, screw the health plan - just give me darn railing!"

Beast
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Heh. Cartoon Network screwed up. They showed a bumper before their repeat of Family Guy tonight announcing that the new Star Wars episode that aired on Fox would be on in 3 weeks. But they said that the title is Blue Harvest, which was used during filming Empire Strikes Back. Man, I'm such a geek. :p

Rocketboy
09-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Everything with Herbert was gold.
The opening crawl.
Peter's Coworker as the Tusken Raider and the guy with the effeminate voice as Greedo.
I lost it as the Falcon landed on Yavin "Pyew! Pyew! Gotcha!"

jedibear
09-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Posted in the other thread...

My two cents:
Well it's over...

Typical Family Guy show...some really funny bits along with some real duds.
(The whole Obi-Wan pedophile thing was WAY overdone, creepy and VERY unfunny...especially the dance number...ugh)
I did laugh out loud at the John Williams gag...especially the follow-up of Elfman getting beheaded...

Interesting how slavishly they followed the look of the scenes so closely...looks like that was a lot of work.

For SW parodies...i think "Robot Chicken" was more fun, but as a "Family Guy" show...it was good but did NOT need to be an hour...

I got some laughs out of it but it was definitely a one-time view for me...

El Chuxter
09-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Any chance of getting a merge here? :)

John Williams was great, but why knock Danny Elfman?

The best parts were the Grey Poupon, Redd Foxx ("I'm comin', 'Lizbeth!"), and the extended debate about Robot Chicken. The rest, like Double-G, I'd seen in previews.

Pretty funny. Not the best episode, but far from the worst.

Lord Malakite
09-24-2007, 03:32 AM
So many things to list its hard to know where to start.

The Good:

The golf skit before the power outage.
Pretty much everything said or done by Herbert as Obi-Wan (too many to list).
Both John Williams skits.
The Grey Poupon skit.
Look sir, droids. I found a penny.
Both Airplane references.
The Dr. Who reference.
The Asteroids video game reference.
The pimped out TIE.
The homosexual trooper copping a feel on a fellow trooper while the Falcon entered the Death Star.
The TIE fight scene in the Falcon.
A cameo by American's Dad's Roger in the cantina.
A cameo by Home Movie's Coach in the cantina.
The Tusken Raider scene.
R2 and his bag of marajuana.
Aren't you fat for a stormtrooper skit
Getting Chewie to jump into the compator skit.
The trash compacter scene with Meg.
The National Lampoon's Vacation skit.
The entire Red squad sketch and its Red Fox "I'm coming Elizabeth" follow-up skit.
The Porkins crashing skit.
The Robot Chicken talk, especially bashing the fact that it also had a Star Wars special episode.
The photo-realism quality of the cartoon ships and explosions in this episode. Standard Family Guy jokes aside, this alone makes the episode worth watching multiple times.

The okay:

The couch skit (would of been better if they didn't spend so much time on the trying to fit it through doors aspect).
The fax machine Quagmire skit (it was okay but didn't do much for me).
Giving R2 the message for Obi-Wan (wasn't quite as funny as it was back when I saw the CIV preview for it).
The Geedo skit (with the exception of Han shooting Greedo this scene didn't do much for me).
"Play the same song" Cantina Band skit (I got a small chuckle out of it, but nothing major).
Deal or No Deal skit.
Wacky wavable tube man (Like the previous Family Guy episode to do this skit, I liked it, but as usual they drug it out for too long - at least it was not as long as the first time they did it).
Han's gift basket.
Han killing the mexican irony guy and then going on the com to do a radio show.

The Bad:

The Magic Johnson skit (3 minutes of my life I'll never get back).
Leia explaining the decapitation and how Obi-Wan was likely in hell (another 2 minutes).
The multiple Italian guys in the windows complaining about noise (another minute).
Han on the phone with his mother (yeah mom, just calling to let you know this skit is finally over).

Kidhuman
09-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Heh. Cartoon Network screwed up. They showed a bumper before their repeat of Family Guy tonight announcing that the new Star Wars episode that aired on Fox would be on in 3 weeks. But they said that the title is Blue Harvest, which was used during filming Empire Strikes Back. Man, I'm such a geek. :p

I thought Blue Harvest was the Working Title for ROTJ.

Kidhuman
09-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Yeah a merge is needed, like 4 threads on this. JBF is never around when ya need him. Mala, gets his damn login and fix this

El Chuxter
09-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Y'know, I'll laugh at some disgusting stuff, and Herbert was really funny the first few times he appeared on Family Guy, but the repeated pedophilia stuff just gets stupid. After one or two times, it becomes creepy and disgusting, as well as (worse) predictable.

wampaslayr
09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Loved the Family Guy episode. I loved the parts already mentioned in this thread, but a few others I also liked:

- Watto being zapped by the light saber zapper
- Landspeeder radio talking about global warming on Hoth and affirmative action with Lando as administrator of Bespin
- Motti telling Stewie he is 99.99% sure the Death Star has no flaws.

I hope there is a "special edition" of this episode with extended or deleted scenes.

Bosskman
09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Beru: "Over my charred carcass!"

pegger
09-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Luke "You don't believe in the force do you,"
Han "You mean that thing you just heard about, what, 3 hours ago, and now you're judging me on?"

Beast
09-24-2007, 11:14 AM
I thought Blue Harvest was the Working Title for ROTJ.
It was. That's why I was noting the screw up. They attributed it to Empire.

Beast
09-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I hope there is a "special edition" of this episode with extended or deleted scenes.
I'm sure there will be on the DVD. After all, Joe didn't show up in the episode at all.

Ji'dai
09-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Overall, I thought it was entertaining. I didn't realize it was going to be an hour long and a complete retelling of the movie though! Here I thought it was just going to be a regular episode with a bunch of SW references.

I wonder if they used rotoscoping to animate the ships in space. Those shots looked exactly like they were lifted from the movie.

Oh no, now we have to finish this with Danny Elfman!

UKWildcat
09-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Y'know, I'll laugh at some disgusting stuff, and Herbert was really funny the first few times he appeared on Family Guy, but the repeated pedophilia stuff just gets stupid. After one or two times, it becomes creepy and disgusting, as well as (worse) predictable.

I couldn't agree more Chux.

The only thing I hated was the callback to the "Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man." I hated that stupid cut-away when it was originally on. Thankfully they cut the Star Wars version's callback shorter. It's annoying.

Wow, really?!?!?. I thought that was great, and the original was hilarious. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed the couch skits. It's so true. lol

JediTricks
09-24-2007, 08:58 PM
John Williams was great, but why knock Danny Elfman?Because he's turned into a 1-trick-pony in the last few years? His scores to Spider-man and SM2 were heavily riffing on Batman despite being films quite different in tone. More likely it's just because he's one of the next go-to guys for film scores when you can't afford Williams.

El Chuxter
09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
I didn't say he's not been a little lazy in the past few years.

But he does have Edward Scissorhands, Batman, The Simpsons, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Black Beauty, Sommersby, and Sleepy Hollow under his belt, among others, so I think his place in history is assured.

Rocketboy
09-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Since we have 2 threads, I'll post this in both.

A freakin' sequel? Maybe...

It looks as though Family Guy's take on A New Hope had some fantastic preliminary ratings last night. Well, this could only mean one thing...we need to see the characters of Family Guy pay homage to The Empire Strikes Back next. According to the blogs at TVWeek.com (http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibberd/2007/09/family_guy_producers_may_take.php), the odds are good. (But I would never think of telling you the odds) See the quote below:

"Posting a 5.5 preliminary rating among adults 18 to 49, the episode was the highest-rated “Family Guy” since the show returned to Fox in 2005 (full weekend ratings will be posted soon). A spokesman for 20th Century Fox Television said there’s no official announcement on a sequel, but doing “Empire” next year “seems likely.”'http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Family_Guy_Strikes_Back_109012.asp

JediTricks
09-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I loved loved LOVED this episode, I really need them to release a DVD with more material right away, that tape I made won't hold up forever (yeah, no DVR, I suck). And the Dr Who reference is the ULTIMATE pop culture reference in the universe - it's a friggin' pop-culture ref within an entire second pop-culture ref!

How awesome was it that Rush Limbaugh was really the talk show radio guy? It sounded SO authentic to that brand of speech he does, but it never occurred to me they'd really go to him for it. Totally hilarious though.

Agreed. It was a great episode. Hopefully they do Empire next year.It was a fantastic ep and one of my favorites, one of the best things about this entire MONTH. But I think they need to not bother with the other films, this one works so well and this is the film that is entrenched in society best, anything else won't enjoy the same impact.

The only thing I hated was the callback to the "Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man." I hated that stupid cut-away when it was originally on. Thankfully they cut the Star Wars version's callback shorter. It's annoying.Yeah, that really didn't need to be in there, that was a total waste of audience time even though they had cut material from what we saw at CIV. That is one of those bits they shouldn't ever have done once, it's clearly someone's pet gag going back to the Stewie movie but the reality is that it totally fails on all levels and should be buried.

Heh. Cartoon Network screwed up. they said that the title is Blue Harvest, which was used during filming Empire Strikes Back. Man, I'm such a geek. :pYeah, I noticed it too. :D "Jedi, not ESB" is what I said out loud, so you're in good company.

I lost it as the Falcon landed on Yavin "Pyew! Pyew! Gotcha!"That was one of those small moments I wasn't expecting them to bother with and when it happened, I loved it, it felt TOTALLY organic! Whomever came up with that one is a true genius.

What was with Jake Tucker as one of the Tatooine farm droids?

TFN and Fox are full of it, everything else I've read said those ratings were down from last season (thanks to football and to a really awful lead-in sched which included 2 KOTH reruns, a really flat Simpsons, and a bland new KOTH).

Bel-Cam Jos
09-24-2007, 10:05 PM
I have refused to watch FG, but I felt compelled to catch this episode. I liked it, especially the quality of the shots aligning to the film shots themselves. The comments were fanboy-esque, as some have already posted. And so, I still will refuse to watch it. Unless there's another all SW show.

Lord Malakite
09-25-2007, 02:17 AM
Found another cameo to add to the good column. Futurama's Bender is in the cantina along with American Dad's Roger and Home Movie's Coach. :D

Ji'dai
09-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I was looking for Bender, I thought it would be a cool nod to include him. I need to watch again because I knew there was stuff in the cantina I'd miss. I did see American Dad's Roger though.

Kidhuman
09-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Bender is right there as the Cantina opens up and he is in the first booth.

JediTricks
09-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Found another cameo to add to the good column. Futurama's Bender is in the cantina along with American Dad's Roger and Home Movie's Coach. :DI can't believe I forgot to mention Coach McGuirk, that was the one thing I really wanted to point out because it was such a left-field cool little addition.

mrhat
10-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Last nights episode was rather... lacking. American Dad! was funnier (maybe thats just me, but roger singing xanadu, and in drag most of the time gets me) And FG ended rather somberly (besides the credit stuff). Will this be the last of Jillian? She wasn't being her normal stupid self, besides the PEE OPP EL joke, other than that though... meh.

Lord Malakite
10-01-2007, 12:46 PM
I can't believe I forgot to mention Coach McGuirk, that was the one thing I really wanted to point out because it was such a left-field cool little addition.

Speaking of Coach McGuirk, I think the Mini-Mart Clerk that hired Meg and Chris in last night's FG episode was voiced by the same voice actor. Sure sounded like the same guy anyway.

Droid
10-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Speaking of Coach McGuirk, I think the Mini-Mart Clerk that hired Meg and Chris in last night's FG episode was voiced by the same voice actor. Sure sounded like the same guy anyway.

Pretty sure it was H. Jon Benjamin, who did the voice of Ben Katz of Dr. Katz Professional Therapist. It took me a while to place the voice.

2-1B
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
How many threads do we need on this show ?

I posted last night that I loved the robot from Rocky 4 but I don't see it here...must have been a different thread.

UKWildcat
10-01-2007, 08:11 PM
I just got around to watching this past episode and I thought it was alright. The bit about the armless baseball player about killed me though. lol

Lord Malakite
10-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Pretty sure it was H. Jon Benjamin, who did the voice of Ben Katz of Dr. Katz Professional Therapist.
Looks like I was right then. H. Jon Benjamin's IMDB page also lists him as the voice of Coach McGuirk.

JediTricks
10-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah, no question it was Jon Benjamin, that's a recurring role he's playing there too, I'm just glad they finally paid him off with it somewhat. I thought this was an ok episode that kinda lost its way in every plot thread, but I laughed enough to keep it out of suckville.

Kidhuman
10-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I thought it was ok also, some good points, but far from hilarious.

mrhat
10-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Last nights episode made up for last weeks lackluster episode. And FINALLY Jennifer Tilly as Bonnie talks more than once in an episode, it's been forever. And it all ended with a good old fashioned 4 (5?) way fight... and the judas and pontous pilot (sp?) bit really got me laughing loud.

General_Grievous
10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
My favorite part of this past episode was Joe beating the crap out of Peter, Cleveland and Quagmire.

And FINALLY Jennifer Tilly as Bonnie talks more than once in an episode, it's been forever.

Forget that, when the hell is Bonnie going to have the baby? And what happened to Joe's son? He hasn't been on the show in a long time.

El Chuxter
10-09-2007, 10:51 AM
She was drinking a lot of wine to be pregnant, too.

Fox News in LA reported Sunday that someone will permanently die on the 100th episode, which is coming up soon. I'm praying it's Herbert and not anyone funnier.

Lord Malakite
10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm praying it's Herbert and not anyone funnier.
Please don't be Herbert. :( He is one of my favorites.

El Chuxter
10-09-2007, 02:10 PM
He's a one-trick pony who was funny the first handful of times we saw him, up through the episode where he did that incredibly unfunny song-and-dance number (the first one). Now it's just sick. How many times can you laugh at a child molester?

Lord Malakite
10-10-2007, 01:40 AM
Now it's just sick. How many times can you laugh at a child molester?
Every time he shows up apparently. Whenever I see Herbert in a new episode I get all giggly inside wondering what his latest scheme is to lure Chris and other unsuspecting boys into his and Jasper's NAMBLA fantasies.:D

Rocketboy
10-10-2007, 11:59 AM
I with you LM.
Herbert never gets old for me.

JediTricks
10-10-2007, 04:12 PM
The creepy old man who lives down the block, that's not something that goes away in real life, why should it in the show? I must admit, I think he's still kinda funny, they keep coming up with slight new ways for him to do his thing and garner a chuckle.

McFarlane suggested the character would have to go, my guess is it'll be a character voiced by someone who doesn't do other voices on the show very often (just like when Mr Weed died)...

Joe
Joe's wife Bonnie
Meg
Chris
Mayor Adam West (he's my guess)
Mort Goldman
Jillian (provided she returns anyway)
Death

El Chuxter
10-10-2007, 07:03 PM
It could be the giant chicken, too.

2-1B
10-10-2007, 10:09 PM
How many times can you laugh at a child molester?

More times than I can laugh at Adam F***ing West. That guy is a tool.

Kidhuman
10-10-2007, 10:13 PM
I think it will be Peter who dies. Then they have death in every epsiode with Peter as his assistant.

El Chuxter
10-10-2007, 11:19 PM
WTF Caesar? I thought I knew you! I can laugh at Adam West in Batman, Adam West in Family Guy, Adam West on Simpsons, people pretending to be Adam West and talking too much about the Gotham National Bank....

The only time you can't laugh at Adam West is on his episode of Batman: The Animated Series, when he actually makes you want to cry.

2-1B
10-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Or when you see that old bag of bones on the convention circuit...charging more money than Val Kilmer. lol

El Chuxter
10-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Val Kilmer does not have the "cheese factor" like Shatner or Hasselhoff.

Adam West does.

If you've got it, charge for it.

Oh, and don't forget to take Burt Ward his nametag. His boss down at BK might get mad if he starts the shift without it again.

mrhat
10-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Honestly I doubt a main main character will be killed off for good, now with adam west and herbert being the most popular choices, there are several that might make more sense, though this is just speculation for now... Babs Pewtershmit, her presence doesnt really add to the show. And if she dies carter could go on some interesting dating adventures... Peters mom, how many times can you get Phyllis Diller to be on the show? Jillian would also be a good choice, who knows though, could be greased up deaf guy.

El Chuxter
11-25-2007, 11:52 PM
After tonight's episode, I'm coming to the realization that, more and more, this show is just becoming retread of jokes that worked in the past. The pop culture references are getting rarer and less funny.

Take for instance the Aliens bit. That stupid high-pitched voice coming out of a monster has been done about 30 times now. And the Conway Twitty bit almost made me have to change my pants the first time (even though they milked it twice in that episode). But tonight? Absolutely not funny. It's like Herbert or the vaudeville guys, or even the giant chicken.

I'm not saying the show is bad, but it's getting a little lazy. For the first time in ages, The Simpsons was considerably better than Family Guy. (Admittedly, Sideshow Bob helped. Any Sideshow Bob episode is automatically gold.)

General_Grievous
11-26-2007, 03:42 PM
I really liked last night's episode. I found the Alien Queen talking like the Performance Artist to be pretty funny. I also liked Brian and Stewie fixing the house. "Whenever you finish your sentence say over. Over." The "72 Virgins" playing RPGs was hilarious too. And I just about died when Peter slammed Connie's head into the fire extinguisher. And how could you not like an Iron Giant reference?

Last week's episode was funny, too. Especially the Mary Poppins scene.

El Chuxter
11-26-2007, 03:56 PM
I didn't say it wasn't funny. Just that it has been slipping and isn't as good as it used to be. Stuff like the 72 virgins and the random Iron Giant ref were awesome. But re-using the same gags is going to bite them in the arse if they don't cut it out soon.

I have to disagree with you on monsters talking like the performance artist. It was old a long time ago.

They could actually cut out most of the family and focus almost entirely on Brian and Stewie, the way Simpsons usually focuses on one or two characters and has a minor subplot with the others.

Answer me these two questions: Was the Conway Twitty bit funny when it was first used a year or two ago? And was it funny last night?

I find it concerning that McFarlane is walking due to the strike, and Fox is going to continue churning out the show, given McFarlane's tendency to re-use jokes too many times. You think with hack writers that it's going to be funny? No, it's going to be entirely re-used bits, and it could easily be so bad that the ratings drop low enough for it to get cancelled yet again.

General_Grievous
11-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Answer me these two questions: Was the Conway Twitty bit funny when it was first used a year or two ago? And was it funny last night?
I didn't laugh at the Conway Twitty bit last night, but when it was first shown, I chuckled. Even though I didn't know who he was (some research afterwards changed that), I still found it funny due to how random it was and the cheesiness of Conway Twitty.

I find it concerning that McFarlane is walking due to the strike, and Fox is going to continue churning out the show, given McFarlane's tendency to re-use jokes too many times. You think with hack writers that it's going to be funny? No, it's going to be entirely re-used bits, and it could easily be so bad that the ratings drop low enough for it to get cancelled yet again.
God, I hope that doesn't happen. To tell you the truth, I don't think Fox is going to continue the episodes without McFarlane. He hasn't recorded dialogue yet, so unless they do an episode only about Lois, Chris, and Meg, they're up the creek. Besides, the WGA are supposed to meet for negotiations tomorrow. Maybe this whole thing will end before Fox goes ahead and airs the unfinished episodes.

El Chuxter
11-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I read a news article a week ago that said otherwise.

Of course, it said the last one McFarlane was involved in aired on the 18th. As we could easily see last night, unless they're airing them out of the order of completion, that wasn't the case, so the whole article could be erroneous.

2-1B
11-26-2007, 06:25 PM
I love Conway Twitty, I knew his music when I was a kid..."Lay You Down" was a great tune. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Seen the Peter Griffin Subway commercial? He's pimping their new sandwich, "The Feast", with 5 ****ing different meats. http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/other_favorites/the_feast/

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!? I have no idea what to make of this weird promotion, but I think it's funny that the version on the Subway site doesn't end the way the TV one does, with "beat that, Jared!"

I mean, it's Family Guy, so it's not one of those "hot, cross-marketability" spokespeople who are safe and wholesome. And Peter's a big fat guy, not a "healthy" message like they're used to.

But I can't think of a time when FG's ever made fun of Subway, so I guess maybe they had this plan in mind or something. :p

CaptainSolo1138
12-03-2007, 11:02 AM
"...And then another neh neh nehnehneh."

I love that episode they re-ran last night.

General_Grievous
12-03-2007, 12:54 PM
So is "Family Guy" done until the writer's strike is over?

Kidhuman
12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
My kid was laughing at that part as was I. I loed that epsiode.

DEATH!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-03-2007, 07:28 PM
So is "Family Guy" done until the writer's strike is over?
I think they still have quite a few "in the can" and ready to go, according to Entertainment Weekly from a few weeks back.

DarthQuack
12-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Just saw the episode last night where Quagmire was the father of all the kids....great episode that I hadn't seen before....pretty funny.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I thought about 98% of tonights episode was HYSTERICAL. My favorite parts had to be the Orange Soda Quarterly and Grape Soda Quarterly and that Shawshank moment with the Monopoly guy was FUNNY AS HELL. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
01-13-2008, 09:15 PM
I loved tonights episode as well, but I kept wondering if I was going to hell for laughing at Peter after his stroke, like when he was drinking his beer and driving the car.

Kidhuman
01-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Great show, I loved the Monopoly guy moment. I was laughing hard at that. The stroke thing was funny also, Peters eye was freaking me out. Stewie ripping his clothes off and kissing that girl was funny as hell also, then walking out to Hurricane was even better.

DarthQuack
01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I enjoyed the mustache episode last night, esp. the firefighter part....hey that guy has a mustache, he can help us!

jediguy
01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
I bought the deluxe edition today
Target has it for $24.99, and Walmart has it for $29.99

the swag inside is kind of meh

I really wanted the T shirt
mine is size XL
did everyone get that, or are there other sizes too?
if anyone got a large but needs the XL, let me know
we can trade and wear our shirts proudly!
my shirt is still shrinkwrapped

JediTricks
01-16-2008, 05:48 PM
I thought Sunday's episode largely sucked. It wasn't the worst they've done, but it was pretty lazy, no real direction with any of it, not a lot of solid jokes.

Sadly, that does seem to be the last one for the time being.

Jargo
03-22-2008, 09:18 AM
anyone got a list of the episodes that aired this season? I only have a tentative schedule list and as I have to *cough*download*cough cough* I just want to make sure I'm up to date.

Rocketboy
03-22-2008, 09:36 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Family_Guy_episodes

Jargo
03-22-2008, 10:35 AM
:thumbsup: Thank you RB. I'm all up to date after all. :yes:

Rocketboy
03-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Don't thank me, thank wikipedia!

2-1B
03-23-2008, 03:23 PM
On behalf of Jarg-oh! I want to thank Wookieepedia.

TeeEye7
03-23-2008, 04:56 PM
On behalf of Jarg-oh! I want to thank Wookieepedia.

Cae, you forgot: "Thank you and good night!"

That's how the rock stars do it, after all.......

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
I gotta say I really thought this premiere was funny.

- Stewie and his love of Brian showing up again with the finger in the mouth thing.
- Carolyn's attempt to tell Brian she wants to have sex was great
- Cleveland's comment about not being a meteorologist
- Peter yelling out the window to Quagmire
- Brian as Snoopy.

Great stuff! :thumbsup:

Beast
09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I gotta say I really thought this premiere was funny.

- Stewie and his love of Brian showing up again with the finger in the mouth thing.
- Carolyn's attempt to tell Brian she wants to have sex was great
- Cleveland's comment about not being a meteorologist
- Peter yelling out the window to Quagmire
- Brian as Snoopy.

Great stuff! :thumbsup:
Yeah. Great episode. Nice to see that the humor is still firing on all cylinders.

Suprised you didn't mention the discussion between Stewie and Brian about whether or not Loretta would understand him. And the 'Director' shouting at them that they're filming. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah. Great episode. Nice to see that the humor is still firing on all cylinders.

Suprised you didn't mention the discussion between Stewie and Brian about whether or not Loretta would understand him. And the 'Director' shouting at them that they're filming. ;)

hahahhaha I didn't wanna take up all the discussion, Binksy. :p

But yeah, that part was HILARIOUS. I actually had to rewind it cos I wanted to see it again! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, it was a good one tonight. It seems like they're trying to plant the seed for Cleveland's spin-off.

UKWildcat
09-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah, it was a good one tonight. It seems like they're trying to plant the seed for Cleveland's spin-off.

I concur with your assessment Mr. JJL.

CaptainSolo1138
09-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah, it was a good one tonight. It seems like they're trying to plant the seed for Cleveland's spin-off.I thought the exact same thing.

Now close the window. You're lettin' all the stank out.

Rocketboy
09-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm gonna start yelling "And boom goes the dynamite!"

CaptainSolo1138
09-28-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm gonna start yelling "And boom goes the dynamite!"
Do it. Your wife loves it.

Giggity giggity giggity!

Rocketboy
09-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Do it. Your wife loves it.That's because your wife told her how awesome I am at it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I concur with your assessment Mr. JJL.
You concur with all my assessments. :p

JediTricks
10-03-2008, 03:42 PM

Suprised you didn't mention the discussion between Stewie and Brian about whether or not Loretta would understand him. And the 'Director' shouting at them that they're filming. ;)This was a mixed, mostly good ep, but that part with Loretta understanding Stewie was priceless, I went back and rewatched it.

Cleveland's line about being a meteorologist was note-perfect, they couldn't have written, directed, or acted that one any better. I want that one to be my ringtone.

The part at the end with Cleveland and Brian was a great ender too, Seth McFarlane's hushed tones worked perfectly for the "wart" response.

I'm gonna start yelling "And boom goes the dynamite!"You can't yell that line, you have to utter it the way he did, all straightforward and dispassionate. :p I wish the 2nd time he said it they had given him a different line along the same concept.

Jargo
10-05-2008, 12:15 PM
stewie as the owl made me giggle.

dr_evazan22
10-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey! Have you heard?

Beast
10-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Another fantastic episode. The writers are really knocking it out of the park this season.

And god, the Bush scene was hilarious. If only it really would happen in real life.

Jargo
10-06-2008, 10:36 AM
"yes she did....."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Prepare to have it stuck in your head all day, again. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow) :p

Kidhuman
10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I absolutely loed this episode. The three parts I couldnt stop laughing at were:

Peter in Lois' face singing the song
Brian and Stewie smashing the record
Stewie elling CRAP!!!! at the end.

UKWildcat
10-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Hilarious episode. lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah, this episode was HYSTERICAL. I felt it faded a bit at the end, but it was still effin' great. Loved

- Stewie and his CRAP! and BRIAN NO!
- Stewie and Brian's OFFICE SPACE scene
- Peter doing his 50's dancing had me laughing each time.
- Cleveland's second in the diner caught me off guard. I couldn't stop laughing.

That's a small list, but this episode was GREAT. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-20-2008, 07:27 AM
I gotta say last nights episode sucked hard.

The only laugh I got was Stewie doing his best Willie Scott impression with the "we're not drowning. We're crrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaashing!" Oh man, that was HYSTERICAL. I kept rewinding it and rewatching it. It literally had me laughing for the last few minutes of the episode.

I had a feeling an Indiana Jones reference was going to happen, but I was hoping that the German plans would get hit by birds and maybe they'd cut to a Sean Connery figure below with an umbrella; but this was just a good.

But overall, total crapfest.

Ji'dai
10-20-2008, 05:42 PM
I loved the whole WWII thing, but this episode just seemed to come out of left field.

I did laugh at Stewie doing the "mirror" routine with Hitler; it reminded me of the old Warner Bros. cartoons. I loved the Indiana Jones reference too; made especially sweet since I just watched Temple of Doom and bought the figures this week!

While the ep. wasn't all that funny overall, the dubya-dubya-two nut in me liked it a lot.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2008, 07:11 PM
I liked this one, as I always like more Brian and Stewie. The pin on the Nazi uniform was great. :D It wasn't a laugh-a-minute, but it wasn't trying to be.

The credits listed Brian Blessed (Boss Nass) and Kevin Michael Richardson (Jabba in TCW) . . . who were they here?

Ji'dai
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Forgot about the McCain/Palin button! That was good.

Brian Blessed was the leader of the Hawkmen, a reference and nod to his role in the campy Queen-scored Flash Gordon movie from 1980.

Rocketboy
10-20-2008, 10:24 PM
I thought it was good episode. Besides everything already mentioned I liked Stewie swapping the Yarmulke and the BTTF nod was great.

Phantom-like Menace
10-21-2008, 12:13 AM
I snickered a bit at the European See 'n Say, but I laughed at "Well, we're somewhere in Europe," after the cow mooed in foreign onomatopoeia. I also laughed when the Nazi officer told him to rub dirt in . . . himself. The line about the baby, dog and Art Garfunkle stealing the sub got a snicker.

The Jesus episode didn't do much for me.

JediTricks
10-21-2008, 03:59 PM
The only laugh I got was Stewie doing his best Willie Scott impression with the "we're not drowning. We're crrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaashing!" Oh man, that was HYSTERICAL. I kept rewinding it and rewatching it.And yet you missed that he says the correct "sinking". ;)

This ep overall felt flat, they were trying too hard and bringing Mort Goldman along didn't help anything. There were enough laughs to keep it going, it never felt slow (it felt thin, but not slow), but I would say this wasn't a memorable ep.

Beast
10-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Picked up Family Guy Vol. 6 at Target today.

The Target exclusive comes with a signed script and poster.

Sadly all 3 discs were off their hub. And Disc 1 actually was scratched. :(

Rocketboy
10-21-2008, 04:18 PM
I grabbed the Target exclusive set which kinda sucks because its all inside one box and not a five sided box so you can slide the discs out.
A little cutting and gluing can fix that.

Beast
10-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I grabbed the Target exclusive set which kinda sucks because its all inside one box and not a five sided box so you can slide the discs out.
A little cutting and gluing can fix that.
Yeah, I'm considering doing that also. Heh.

DarkArtist
10-24-2008, 07:49 AM
I thought Sunday's episode was really good. the whole Indy / Back to the Future scenes were awesome. i laughed the entire time. this show just keeps pushing the boundaries of what they can get away with. eagerly awaiting the ESB Episode this year.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Tonights episode was weak IMHO.

I laughed a few times, mainly at the GREAT "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" reference. And chris and his "movie references!" was great too.

Rest of it was meh.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-02-2008, 09:47 PM
I liked this one. For some reason, the Home Alone music was hilarious to me when they came back home.

dr_evazan22
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Loved / was repulsed by Peter's masturbating comments in space, cerating a snow globe! Fantastically disgusting!

UKWildcat
11-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I laughed a few times, mainly at the GREAT "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" reference.

That was awesome!!! Probably the highlight of the episode for me.

Also the singing in the car was good.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. Much better than The Simpsons (yes, I watched tonight's episode because it looked good from the previews, the first episode I have watched in over five years; and not much has changed = the show is still bad).

Kidhuman
11-03-2008, 04:44 AM
I thought the first 5 minutes had great jokes. Overall a funny epsiode. The Sean Connery bit was hilarious.

JediTricks
11-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I found this a weak episode, some good, mainly flat. Another trip to the Back to the Future well was a huge mistake though, unfunny and poorly used.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2008, 09:34 PM
This was yet another great one. The Abraham Lincoln joke was probably the funniest part, but I loved the demise of New Brian, too. :D

Kidhuman
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
I thought the Jackass stuff was hilarious, especially when Peter came off the roof in the shopping cart.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
I thought the Jackass stuff was hilarious, especially when Peter came off the roof in the shopping cart.

DUDE. That was hilarious.

and I loved how they did the head shaving gag too, even with the scary-esque music!

Funny episode, not as consistent as some previous ones, but I laughed through a lot of it. I didn't expect the blurb that was on right before the credits, but it too was freakin' funny.

DarkArtist
11-11-2008, 03:03 PM
i found this episode to be funny in the beginning with the Jackass tribute and then sort of fall apart with the whole new dog thing. can't wait to see a teaser or something for the ESB episode.

JediTricks
11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
This was yet another great one. The Abraham Lincoln joke was probably the funniest part, but I loved the demise of New Brian, too. :DNew Brian's demise was outrageous, my sister and I were in shock by how awesome that was, but the end-credits scene should have been held for a later episode, it took away from that impact.

I had to explain the Lincoln joke to my sister and dad, I was busting up and they're just looking at me.

I thought the Jackass stuff was hilarious, especially when Peter came off the roof in the shopping cart.All of that was brilliant except Peter's ending to his Greatest American Hero stunt (which was awesome right up until that weak ending). Even Knoxville's shotgun to the face was fantastic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2008, 09:31 PM
I had to explain the Lincoln joke to my sister and dad, I was busting up and they're just looking at me.

Have they never had a history class (or even basic knowledge of the US)? :p

JediTricks
11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
The joke was told with a level of subtlety they weren't expecting from Family Guy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
I thought tonights episode had some great moments.

- Another Lincoln joke that was GREAT stuff.
- All of Quagmire's children and the thumbs up/grin at the end of the scene.
- GRAPE STOMP!!!! Oh man, it had been ages since i've seen that video; it made me laugh quite a bit.
- I knew the helicopter bit was going to be Jurassic Park related once he got into it.
- "Omar mah...somethingseptember11thie"
- No Billy Madison joke? I was shocked!

The Andy Dick thing was awfully random.

overall though, great episode. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-16-2008, 09:51 PM
I didn't know what the grape stomp thing was referencing, but I figured it was referencing something. This was another good one overall, though. The funniest part was probably the Jurassic Park stuff. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-16-2008, 10:45 PM
JJL- It's this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMS0O3kknvk

CLASSIC stuff. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-16-2008, 10:57 PM

Thanks! Holy crap, that's funny! :D

Lord Malakite
11-17-2008, 12:54 AM

As soon as I saw the skit tonight on FG I just knew you'd be in here posting a link to this video Guyute. :rolleyes: You're so predictable. :D

Kidhuman
11-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I thought it was a pretty funny episode overall

The Childrens Hospital was funny
Cleavland and Joe with the I ant feel my legs
The Abe Lincoln
The Grape Stomping Bit
Andy Dick

Rocketboy
11-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I loved the Smart Speller/Fart Smeller gag at the end.

Kidhuman
11-17-2008, 10:51 PM
I loved the Smart Speller/Fart Smeller gag at the end.

She said smart fella, not speller

DarkArtist
11-18-2008, 01:34 PM
i thought the episode was great. also loved the spot with the Emperor in the Club. how does the episode end though ??? my DVR cut out in the during the scene with Frank Sinatra Jr and Brian starting to sing to Stewie and then it cut out.

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I thought this episode was fair, had some good gags but was too scattershot. Cleveland and Joe was the best part IMO. I dunno what it was, but it felt like this ep was missing a middle act of connective material.

DarkArtist
01-07-2009, 02:53 PM
might have already been discussed and i missed it or can't find it, but anyway..... What is up with Family Guy, when are we going to see new episodes.... has it been cancelled or something ? i know they stated that this year was going to be the Empire Strikes Back episode but haven't seen a new episode in weeks... does anyone have any info on this ?

Lord Malakite
01-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I think it is, like several other shows, still on its "mid-season" break. They should be starting up again not too long from now. In fact, I've been meaning to check on exactly when it, and the several other shows I watch, are supposed to start up again. I keep forgetting to do that.

Beast
01-07-2009, 04:00 PM
New episodes of Family Guy supposedly resume on 1/18/09 or 1/25/09.

Trying to find the confirmed date. But I'm seeing 2 different ones.

Lord Malakite
01-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Well, I looked up my shows and this is what I could find in regards to when they are coming back. I know I don't watch exactly what everyone else does, but maybe it'll help with a few of the shows you watch if I post it.

Returning from "Mid-Season" Break
CSI - 1/15/2009
CSI: Miami - 1/12/2009
CSI: NY - 1/14/2009
Supernatural - 1/15/2009
ER - 1/8/2009
Prison Break - Exact Date Unknown
Terminator: TSCC - Exact Date Unknown (Known to be moved to Friday nights though)
Heroes - 2/2/2009
Fringe - 1/20/2009
The Simpsons - 1/25/2009
King of the Hill - Exact Date Unknown (Most likely 1/25/2009 given its company)
Family Guy - Exact Date Unknown (Most likely 1/25/2009 given its company)
American Dad - 1/25/2009

Season Premiere
LOST - 1/21/2009

DarkArtist
01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
well that's good news although i think it's kinda of funny to be on a mid-season break since new episodes only came out in November and i think the last new episode was mid December maybe.

just a relief that it has not been cancelled again. would have been very said if they got the axe before released the ESB themed show. (wonder if they are still going to go through with the Cleveland spin-off)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-08-2009, 01:27 PM
well that's good news although i think it's kinda of funny to be on a mid-season break since new episodes only came out in November and i think the last new episode was mid December maybe.

just a relief that it has not been cancelled again. would have been very said if they got the axe before released the ESB themed show. (wonder if they are still going to go through with the Cleveland spin-off)

FG gets huge numbers, probably one of if THE biggest for Fox. I don't see them getting canceled anytime soon.

El Chuxter
01-08-2009, 01:31 PM
There wasn't a thread because we do not allow discussion of this show here.

Thread closed. You'll all be banned shortly. :p

Lord Malakite
01-08-2009, 02:03 PM
(wonder if they are still going to go through with the Cleveland spin-off)
I also checked that out while looking into my shows. Looks like they are waiting till Fall 09 to premiere it.

Kidhuman
01-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Terminator they said will be Friday Feb 13th acording to the last new episode they showed. I think it is so long beause they ordered the scripts late thinking it would be canceled.

JediTricks
01-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Thread moved to the main FG thread. And yeah, it's not likely to be canned when Fox just spent $100 million on Seth MacFarlane's new contract.

Jargo
01-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't like Seth McFarlane's smile. He looks like he's been eating doon. He's got a doon eater smile. yeah. Seth McFarlane eats doon.

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 02:24 AM
His smile says "I enjoy the crisp, warm flavor of whiskey in a glass on a regular basis, and am paid $100 million to do so."

DarkArtist
01-09-2009, 10:15 AM
FG gets huge numbers, probably one of if THE biggest for Fox. I don't see them getting canceled anytime soon.

they did get cancelled half way through one of there first seasons so anything is possible.

i'm just glad that the show will be returning soon. it's one of my all-time favorite shows to date.

Jargo
01-09-2009, 09:21 PM
His smile says "I enjoy the crisp, warm flavor of whiskey in a glass on a regular basis, and am paid $100 million to do so."
That's pretty much what I implied. likes the sound of his own ego a little too much is full of doon.

JediTricks
01-13-2009, 06:08 PM
That's pretty much what I implied. likes the sound of his own ego a little too much is full of doon.
That's not what I am saying though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2009, 06:28 PM
they did get cancelled half way through one of there first seasons so anything is possible.

i'm just glad that the show will be returning soon. it's one of my all-time favorite shows to date.

It got canned cos of REALLY low audience numbers. It wasn't until it hit DVD and cartoon network that it found a larger audience and was brought back. :thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
01-13-2009, 07:22 PM
It got canned cos of REALLY low audience numbers.
And thats only because Fox kicked it around like Futurama in the beginning.

jediguy
01-27-2009, 10:16 PM
FOX has no clue what is a good show and what isn't

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 01:41 PM
They never ever have, they're the worst network for new shows.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Gotta say that tonights episode was REALLY REALLY REALLY awful.

I laughed maybe a few times, primarily in the beginning and at the Homer Simpson insult.

Awful awful awful.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2009, 03:55 PM
It was pretty crappy and way too late, seeing as how OJ is now in jail. Was it actually meant to be shown two years ago or did they just say that to cover themselves?

JediTricks
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
It takes 18 months to produce these things, my guess is they started production in late '07 and just decided to ride it out.

Kidhuman
03-17-2009, 05:17 AM
If it takes 18 months to produce how in the hell did they have the Christian Bale tirade in that one epsiode??

I will say the Family Gay episode was the best one in a long time.

this episode was pretty weak. A few good gags, my favorite was Brian farting himself awake.

Rocketboy
03-17-2009, 08:53 AM
If it takes 18 months to produce how in the hell did they have the Christian Bale tirade in that one epsiode??That wasn't much, probably just a quick redub and an animated recorder.

Lord Malakite
03-17-2009, 08:54 AM
If it takes 18 months to produce how in the hell did they have the Christian Bale tirade in that one epsiode??
Because that was a random clip gag. The OJ thing was, on the other hand, the main plot of the episode. Inserting clip gags (especially based on recent events) is probably a relatively easy "cut/paste" edit done towards the end of an episodes completion. They usually last only 1-2 minutes on average, thus requiring very little animation wise. They are also almost always not related to the main plot except for a character just "randomly" saying something about how main plot reminds them of said clip gag, so they can easily inserted into almost any episode at a whim.

JediTricks
03-17-2009, 05:46 PM
If it takes 18 months to produce how in the hell did they have the Christian Bale tirade in that one epsiode??Editing. All they did was draw a tape deck spinning and redub a line, maybe recut the mouthflapping to match the new lines.

El Chuxter
03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I figured it was a holdover from those "writers' strike episodes without McFarlane" that we never saw as far as I know. It certainly seemed to lack the gross charm the show usually has. C'mon, repeating the Conway Twitty gag AGAIN (five times now, right?), and showing the entire performance? Somewhere, a barrel is being scraped.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-17-2009, 08:41 PM
I think it was the third time for the Conway Twitty, but that's two times too many. It was funny when they showed a clip, but Christ, I don't need to see the whole song.

El Chuxter
03-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Don't get me wrong; Conway Twitty was the man. But as a gag, it only worked once. I might've seen the episode in reruns and remembered the Twitty joke as being used in a separate episode (kinda like the opposite of how you'll remember five great episodes of Seinfeld, then catch a rerun and you're reminded it was actually five seemingly unrelated subplots in a single episode).

Lord Malakite
03-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Don't get me wrong; Conway Twitty was the man. But as a gag, it only worked once. I might've seen the episode in reruns and remembered the Twitty joke as being used in a separate episode (kinda like the opposite of how you'll remember five great episodes of Seinfeld, then catch a rerun and you're reminded it was actually five seemingly unrelated subplots in a single episode).
From what I can remember I think the Conway Twitty gag has been used in at least three different episodes now, but for one of those said episodes the gag was used twice.

darth_robb
03-22-2009, 09:38 PM
I fast forwarded through Conway Twitty. I hope that he never ever appears in another Family Guy episode ever again.

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 12:58 AM
I fast forwarded through Conway Twitty. I hope that he never ever appears in another Family Guy episode ever again.
I also FFed through Twitty, and was surprised how long it took to do so.

Sunday's episode was alright, didn't buy Quagmire being 61 years old, seemed too Flandersy. But those last few minutes with Fred Savage, Daniel Stern, and the 4th wall break, so awesome that I basically forgot the rest of the episode. :p

El Chuxter
03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
I thought the same thing about Quagmire/Flanders. At least if there's flashbacks to Glenn as a kid, it's not screwing up continuity too much, since this show doesn't have much.

Droid
03-30-2009, 03:07 PM
I laughed so hard at all of the Next Generation stuff. The stuff between Patrick Stewart and Will Wheaton was great. Spiner taking Dorn to the bathroom killed me. The McDonald's specific references were hilarious. I thought it was really well done.

Darth Metalmute
03-30-2009, 03:35 PM
When Peter looked into the camera and said, "Yep, It's going to be a Meg episode, have fun" and then put out the remote so the viewers could change the channel........

I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Lord Malakite
07-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Looks like there is a new "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein" when it comes to Family Guy. Fox is refusing to air the future episode "Partial Terms of Endearment" as the episode deals with abortion.

Darth Metalmute
07-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Looks like there is a new "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein" when it comes to Family Guy. Fox is refusing to air the future episode "Partial Terms of Endearment" as the episode deals with abortion.

So according to Fox, its okay to show "Prom Night Dumpster Baby" but crosses the line at abortion.....

Rocketboy
07-29-2009, 09:50 AM
So according to Fox, its okay to show "Prom Night Dumpster Baby" but crosses the line at abortion.....The big difference is that this is an entire episode rather than a 30 second cut away gag.

I don't care either way since we'll get the episode on DVD eventually.

Darth Metalmute
07-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't care either way since we'll get the episode on DVD eventually.

Cartoon Network will probably air it and in a year or two Fox will release it like its a "Big" Event.

JediTricks
08-01-2009, 11:12 PM
So according to Fox, its okay to show "Prom Night Dumpster Baby" but crosses the line at abortion.....Lois' abortion, specifically, and they originally produced it, then got cold feet.

Man did their panel suck this year, it was way too short and had a million stupid questions. Luckily there was like 8 minutes of the ESB special, Christmas if they can make it work, and a mention of the ROTJ special being in production already.

Rocketboy
08-02-2009, 01:46 PM
and a mention of the ROTJ special being in production already.Not sure if it was mentioned here yet (maybe in the FG Star Wars thread), but they've dropped The Great Muppet Caper title from the Jedi. Avoiding any possible legal issues I guess.

JediTricks
08-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Purchase problems, actually. Someone goes to order the real movie and ends up with Family Guy instead, won't be happy. "I have a very bad feeling about this" is the new name, and it's cute because ROTJ is where it all started going wrong, but the original was hilarious.

UKWildcat
05-04-2010, 07:20 AM
That last episode was by far one of the worst Family Guys I have ever seen.

Darth Metalmute
05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I enjoyed it, but it was kind of a hard watch without a soundtrack.

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 03:01 PM
The 150th episode was challenging, to say the least. No other characters, no other cast, no cutaway gags, no pop-culture references. Just 2 main characters deconstructing their relationship, saying all the unsaid things that had passed between them over our years knowing them. I thought it was ultimately a marginal success at what it was trying to do, it was a brave way to deal with the show but I think ended up a little flat and toothless after "the big moments" (which were, naturally, too far), and that a lot of fans won't be able to get behind it at all because of how significant a departure it was.

This episode was based on an All in the Family where Archie Bunker locks himself accidentally in the basement for the weekend, gets drunk, and records his will. An odd choice, but I guess that makes the whole episode a pop-culture reference. I don't doubt that there will be fans at Comic-Con calling the producers out on this episode without knowing its origins.

DarkArtist
05-20-2010, 07:28 AM
kinda bummed that the season finale of Family Guy is going to be Something Something Something Dark Side. while i love the movie and laugh eash time I watch it I still wish it was something all new and not readily available in stores across the world.

i just hope that perhaps they will treat the fans to a special sneak peak at their spoof of ROTJ.

this is just a thought but would anyone want to see Family Guy tackle the Prequels and Clone Wars movie ? I would love to see what Family Guy would do with these movies.

Darth Metalmute
05-20-2010, 07:47 AM
The real season finale actually got pulled by Fox. It was an episode where Lois becomes a sergeant mother for a couple. But the couple dies and she contemplates abortion. It should be on the Cartoon Network in about a month.

Lord Malakite
05-21-2010, 01:07 AM
kinda bummed that the season finale of Family Guy is going to be Something Something Something Dark Side. while i love the movie and laugh eash time I watch it I still wish it was something all new and not readily available in stores across the world.

The real season finale actually got pulled by Fox. It was an episode where Lois becomes a sergeant mother for a couple. But the couple dies and she contemplates abortion. It should be on the Cartoon Network in about a month.
Hmm, from what I understood months back even Adult Swim, unlike the Weinstein episode, wasn't going to touch that abortion episode due to touchy nature (making it DVD only). Oh well.

Probably also would of been better had they held off the finale for a week, but I suppose if FOX chooses to air a finale this week its best that its just a "new to TV" episode like "Something Something Something Dark Side" instead of a true "never before seen" new episode. Its going to get killed going up against the LOST series finale.

Darth Metalmute
05-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm usually someone that loves shock value swearing, however I didn't care for it in the DVD of Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

The "clean" version that was on last night was enjoyable.

El Chuxter
05-24-2010, 12:59 PM
I actually had never watched until last night, and found the episode to be one of the worst Family Guy eps ever.

JediTricks
05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
My sister just called me to tell me the same, she got so bored soon in that she went over and used the computer. I couldn't argue.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2010, 05:03 PM
I watched it again and still thought it was funny. So you guys suck. :p

El Chuxter
05-24-2010, 05:05 PM
This coming from a guy who stalks me around the interwebs and rebuts me every time I say anything less than glowing about Revenge of the Sith. :p

2-1B
05-24-2010, 09:29 PM
This coming from a guy who stalks me around the interwebs and rebuts me every time I say anything less than glowing about Revenge of the Sith. :p

Huh? :confused: I haven't responded to any of your SW posts in months. :confused:

:crazed:

El Chuxter
05-24-2010, 10:18 PM
JJL even goes to Amazon and finds me leaving reviews on kitchen gadgets and responds if I say, "This blender sucked as much as Revenge of the Sith."

:D

DarkArtist
05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
watched the Season Finale of Something Something Something Dark Side last night...was a little bummed that they didn't include any trailers or clips from the ROTJ spoof in the works. would have like to see something to wet my appetite. oh well.

still laughed at ESB spoof. loved it.