PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy: The Thread!!! (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Beast
09-05-2003, 11:19 AM
From Cinescape:

In an exclusive interview with Coming Attractions at Cinescape, FAMILY GUY creator Seth McFarlane told us that the rumor about the possible return of his TV show is about to become a reality. A deal is imminent for McFarlane to continue creating new animated adventures of Quahog's nuttiest, funniest dysfunctional family, the Griffins.

"It's all come down to the budget right now. We're hashing it out," McFarlane tells CA. "It would be a direct-to-DVD project."

While the feature length FAMILY GUY will be developed at Fox, it will be at a different division and not through the company's television arm. And as for when we might be able to see new FAMILY GUY goodness:

"Timeframe, you're probably looking at a year, a year-and-a-half down the line. It will take a while to make. If we could do it within a year it would be very exciting."

With tremendous sales of the first DVD volume of FAMILY GUY (the second set goes on sale starting next week) and ratings on Cartoon Network climbing high, McFarlane's now-cancelled series is proving to be more popular in its afterlife than it was when it was in active production on Fox. Expect all the TV series cast members to reprise their roles for the movie.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
09-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Alright! Fettfield will be happy to hear this.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Rock on!!! (mike jumps around for joy)

i Love the family guy. I think i've worn out my Family guy DVD's this summer. I can't wait to get the third and final season.

now, all we need, are some flippin' ACTION FIGURES for this. Good ones! Maybe Simpsons-esque style!!! Oh, lord!! in the words of Peter.
"My God, that would be freakin' sweet!!"

(yes, i know i changed the lyrics a tad, but to suit the situation. :D )

AT-AT Man
09-05-2003, 04:01 PM
oh my god, you don't know how happy this Family Guy fan would be. I'd snatch this baby up first day it was released. I'm glad the real actors will be portraying their roles and not some new stupid people.

Exhaust Port
09-05-2003, 04:58 PM
This is great news. Thanks for the info JT.

Kidhuman
09-05-2003, 06:25 PM
This is great news. Thanks for the info JT.

JT.....he hasnt posted in this thread yet.

That is good news. I love that show. Thanks JJB :crazed:

mrhat
09-05-2003, 06:32 PM
SCORE, Thank you Thank you, feture length, maybe R Rated... Maybe not. It wil be great if the whole cast comes back for it, and they dont have to re-cast. But seeign as The creator is peter and brian anyways. (hyperventilating)

Exhaust Port
09-05-2003, 08:04 PM
JT.....he hasnt posted in this thread yet.

That is good news. I love that show. Thanks JJB :crazed:

Son of a........ it seems my "JB" typing skilled got mixed up with my "T". I'll now make that a "Thanks to JJB for the info." :D

dr_evazan22
09-06-2003, 09:04 AM
That's great news JJB! Thanks! Also looking forward to the second DVD!

JediTricks
09-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Woo, free credit for me! :D

Sounds good, but I wish Fox wasn't involved at all, they deserve nothing but a swift kick in the head for their treatment of this show.

Beast
11-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Looks like we may get something in addition or instead of the direct to video movie, as there is talk that Fox is going to revive the show. With a fourth season. Appearently the ratings for CN's reruns and the strong sales for the DVD's, has perked their intrest. Yay! :)

According to USA Today, Fox Television is considering resurrecting the FAMILY GUY animated TV series thanks to its impressive DVD sales and strong syndication ratings. The paper reports that "as many as 35 new episodes could return in January 2005," and Fox Television Entertainment Group chairman Sandy Grushow was quoted as saying that an executive decision would be made shortly.

This isn't the first we've heard of a return for FAMILY GUY. Last September the creator of the show, Seth McFarlane, told us exclusively that a direct-to-DVD movie was in the planning stages with Fox. "Timeframe, you're probably looking at a year, a year-and-a-half down the line. It will take a while to make. If we could do it within a year it would be very exciting," McFarlane said at the time. Could it be plans have changed and the movie is out the window in favor of nearly three dozen new episodes?
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
11-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Good, good! Now King of the Hill can have a good cartoon to accompany it on Fox, instead of the very, very bad Simpsons.

Beast
11-19-2003, 11:17 AM
Agreed, JBF. Simpsons stopped being funny so long ago. I can't believe they cancel quality shows like Family Guy and Futurama, but they let that damn Simpsons show continue to drag on. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-19-2003, 11:26 AM
Ah, c'mon, guys, as much as i loathe the last few seasons of Simpsons, it DOES have its high points. I think JBFF and i chatted about our feelings towards Simpsons and agreed that the show needs to fade gracefully into the sunset.

anyway, allow me to expand on that article from USA Today (nothing too major, just some tidbits):

"Fox Television Entertainment Group chairman Sandy Grushow said a decision is expected soon and called the series a late-blooming phenomenon that may have aired before its time.

A DVD set of the show's first 28 episodes released in April has sold nearly 1 million copies, making it this year's top-selling TV show and the No. 4 television title ever, according to Video Store magazine. A second collection, of 22 episodes, has sold 520,000 copies. And the series is Cartoon Network's most popular among adults.

Family Guy premiered with a big audience 22 million viewers and some controversy after Fox's 1999 Super Bowl telecast. In the pilot episode, Stewie, a talking toddler with a clipped British accent, was openly contemptuous of his loutish dad and bent on killing his sweet-natured mother in a quest for world domination.

Creator Seth MacFarlane, then 24, wrote scripts, drew characters, provided voices and infused the show with rapid-fire sight gags, a nod to The Simpsons. But ratings faded, and the show ended with a whimper early last year.

The relatively short network run may have helped DVD sales, Video Store's Judith McCourt says. "It really speaks to something that had a following, was cut off network TV, and people said, 'What did I miss?' "

DVD and cable viewers have "created kind of a groundswell that could lead to better ratings" on Fox, Grushow says, although new episodes could end up going directly to Cartoon Network.

A decision to restart the show suggests a reversal from the old TV business model, in which a network hit predicts a profit windfall in syndication. This time, the promise of DVD and syndication gold could justify a show's return even if low network ratings didn't.

But canceled favorites aren't likely to rise from the grave en masse. Family Guy has one major advantage: With no actors and no sets, it can simply be drawn back into existence. "

El Chuxter
11-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Hooray! Family Guy could beat Get A Life's record for the number of times cancelled and resurrected by Fox!

Too bad the Tick DVD didn't get such a high profile release, or we might be hearing about its return, too. :(

Exhaust Port
11-19-2003, 11:56 AM
I think there is more hype over the displeasure with the Simpsons than there really is. The weekly ratings for the show don't show what the vocal miniorty lead you to believe. I still find the Simpsons enjoyable and so do a lot of people. If the show was really suffering as some say then it wouldn't get nearly the ratings that it pulls in. There were still the nay sayers during the "prime seasons" too. "The Simpons stopped being funny seasons ago" has been the chant of those for years yet it goes on and a lot of people still enjoy the show. Reminds me of the pleasure some get from being on the "Prequals Suck" bandwagon. Sure some have some legitament issues but most are just subscribing to what others have said before them without much individual thought.

As for the Family Guy, I think that the premise was a short lived one. Sight gags can't carry a show and definately don't last over time. The Simpons are known to pepper the show with one-off sight gags, most of which can be missed by the casual viewer. "One Size Fits All Lingerie" store front for example.

The Family Guy ran the show around sight gags. "You have a moat?" "Sure, it seems to keep the knight at bay." <shows outside of house with moat and knight on a horse standing on the far side of the water> That's it. It becomes quite tiresome at times. I enjoyed the first season but never cared to see them again when rerun. The joke had run it's course IMO so I stopped watching soon there after as did nearly everyone else. I think a Family Guy movie would be enjoyable too but nothing that I would care to watch over and over. Very similar to the Beavis and Butthead show and movie.

James Boba Fettfield
11-19-2003, 12:17 PM
I don't know what everyone else doesn't like about The Simpsons, but my problem is Homer's character. As Guyute and I agreed upon in one of our conversations, he's a jackass anymore. The show is ok to watch, but other than the two laughs I have per episode, it's very bad. Maybe it's because it's been on so long, maybe it's because of the people behind the show, I don't know, but they need to get Homer back to his old self and drop this jerk Homer they created some seasons back.

Maybe the same will happen to Family Guy if and when it comes back. Maybe the show and it's premise will become old and unfunny, but I still laugh at the original episodes no matter how many times I've seen them.

Beast
11-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Sorry Exhaust Port, I started disliking the Simpsons long before I ever heard anyone else disliking it. I've tried to watch it, it's just boring to me anymore. It's just the same thing over and over again. Where as Family Guy can be wildly different from Simpsons, cause it doesn't try to be serious. It's really out there, and anything can happen. It's like those earlier seasons of Simpsons, when basically anything could happen. Like Homer becoming an Astronaut. I just don't like watching Simpsons anymore, and I usually just throw in a DVD on Sunday nights now. Since there's nothing worth watching that night. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
11-19-2003, 12:37 PM
if i recall correctly didn't fox move this show around a lot on it's schedule? i hope they put it on right after the simpsons. :happy:

Beast
11-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Yes. That's part of what killed it. Fox kept shifting the night and time it was on. So the people that did like it, could never find it. I remeber sometimes, the night it ended up airing, wasn't even the night listed in the TV guide, they moved it so much. And I agree, put it right on after Simpsons. Then I might watch Simpsons again, looking forward to Family Guy after it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Yeah, BFF and i commented that Homer has become a complete moron now, not the lovable oaf he once was. The homer of old would never torch a blood bank when they only gave him one cookie, he's not a vandal, he's just dumb. I also think the show lacks heart now. I remember older episodes, such as "Lisa on Ice" and relating to the scene where Bart and Lisa flashback to their youth and whatnot; it was a touching scene and showed the characters emotions and how through thick and thin, the family always stuck together. I could even use the example in i believe "Bart Gets an F" where Bart studies all day and still ends up getting an F, only to be saved by the heart of Ms. Krabopple after he splerts out a fact about George washington. I think the shows had emotion and everybody could relate to them and thus, it was funnier. It seems that the new writers, as i believe there are a few new guys, they follow the formula of something happening, some montage with a song being played over it and then the problem is solved, yay. There aren't any really good sight gags or references anymore. Just my thoughst though. :D

Kidhuman
11-19-2003, 03:27 PM
I still like the Simpsons. Still get a few laughs out of it. They really do need to end it soon though. Part of the problemis that it has been on forever. They are running out of ideas.

JediTricks
11-19-2003, 06:10 PM
I find the Simpsons deadly unfunny, has been that way consistantly since the New York episode.

Interesting news about FG, hopefully Fox goes through with it. Thrawn sent me a different article saying the same from TV Guide.

gsr-jedi
11-25-2003, 10:40 PM
I loved Family Guy when it was on, but it was always on so inconsistently. I could never find it. It was a hilarious show and I stay up 'till 1 to watch it now, cause it's on regularly & I can find it. That's why the ratings fell, nothing to do with the show at the time. It wasn't on long enough to really get bad. Hopefully this happens and we get a 4th season.

Since this thread has already been hijacked about the quality of the Simpsons. The Simpsons, was the most enjoyable early in it's life; when it had the most heart. Towards the middle, it lost some heart and started to rely on more gags. For me, the most laugh filled ones. And now in it's current state, it has lost the heart and is just trying to relive old glory. I think it should go away before it is complete poo.

Beast
12-06-2003, 06:17 PM
TVShowsOnDVD.Com has some updated news about the return of Family Guy, straight from the horses mouth. Seth McFarlane was interviewed, and gave the latest news about the progress on both the movie and the TV series. :)

Another Interview with Seth MacFarlane - Posted: 12/06/2003

I had another chance to chat with Seth MacFarlane, the creator of Family Guy. With strong sales of the series on DVD, and great ratings on Cartoon Network, there's been talk that the show will return to TV. The possibility that there is life after cancellation due to strong DVD sales makes this the biggest story for TV shows on DVD.

Also, on Oct. 22nd, I had the please of meeting Seth at the Video Store Magazine's TV-DVD Conference. He's one of the nicest guys and I'm glad he's having such a run of good luck. Seth and I talked about Family Guy returning, as well as the new show he's working on, American Dad.

So, lots of stuff going on with Family Guy, huh?

Yeah, yeah, it's really starting to come together. I expect to know something final in the next few days, and it's looking very, very optimistic.

How did you feel when the show got cancelled? How do they tell you, "Seth, you don't have a show on our network anymore"?

They said "we have decided not to move forward with episodes of the Family Guy." I was still under a contract so it wasn't like I was being popped out, I still had another year-and-a-half to 2 years on my contract at the time, and they made it clear that they wanted me to develop a new pilot for them, so it wasn't like, "thanks and see you later." I did a live-action pilot in between then and now and came close to getting it picked up, and I was working on a new animated pilot at the same time which is looking very optimistic, so I'll know a lot by the end of next week.

Last time we spoke you were talking about some animated features...

Yeah, the feature stuff has sort-of been put on hold for the moment just because of all the stuff happening with the television series. So there's nothing new to report there. There are a couple of projects that I'm really excited about and I'm trying to figure out how to arrange my schedule to allow myself to do them. There's a lot going on; something's going to have to give.

I guess a lot of this talk of Family Guy coming back has to do with the sales of the DVDs, right?

Yeah, the combination of the DVD sales and the Cartoon Network airings.

The show was what, the highest ranked airing of a show in the history of the (Cartoon) network, right?

Correct, and the DVD, volume 1, is the number one TV DVD seller of the year, and the number four of all time (behind Simpsons 1 & 2 and Sopranos first season), and it's continuing to climb and it's reached a point where it was kind of an obvious thing for them (to revive the series). They didn't expect it anymore than I did, and when it happened they said, "Let's take advantage of this."

Well, I expected it. (Seth Laughs) I saw it coming, I built my website around the Family Guy DVDs, in the hope that they would be released.

That's wonderful, we need more stuff like that.

Family Guy and Kids in the Hall were the two shows I wanted.

Another great show.

Kids in the Hall is shipping today. I was a consultant on the set.

Very cool!

This is the first time something like this has happened, where a show is gone and now possibly brought back. Did you think it was gone for good?

I did, yeah. I thought that it was possible that it would surface again in some other form. In the form of a direct to DVD property or a special, but I never thought it would be back in production as a series; it's unheard of and I believe completely unprecedented. For a series to be cancelled and then put back into production by the same studio, it's never happened before. It's kinda nice to be the first.

I'm assuming that the direct-to-DVD movie is probably gone now, right?

We have a way to do it. We're toying with the idea of doing something to air, but also to be released on DVD. Possibly a three part episode of Family Guy that would air, and then connect together with new footage - that we would have to cut for time from the televised version - to get a new DVD release out in stores, rather than have to wait for the next 25 episodes.

Which is rumored to be January, 2005?

I believe so, or December, 2004. We're looking at what we can do in the interim, to keep the excitement going. There's a lot of new merchandise on its way out. The licensing department has made this thing a priority again. It's all coming back.

That's just great. Are we going to see Family Guy action figures?

I believe so, if all goes well...I think that's on its way.

By the sounds of it, the return of Family Guy could be much bigger than when it first aired.

I think so. Obviously that Super Bowl airing was huge, but I think this is going to be bigger. It's has all this time to build an audience, and coupled with the buzz that will be generated from it being a cancelled show that is put back into production because of the post-cancellation popularity. It's a good story. The history of the show has really become incredible. Someone should write a book about this....in fact, maybe I will.

I would hope that they're going to give you a decent time slot the second time around.

Yeah, I would think that they would. I don't think we'll be put on Thursday nights again.

Hey, Friends will be off the air.

Yeah, even if we are, we're coming in there with a much bigger fan base. It's not like its a new show. Who knows where they'll put us. I hope it's not Thursday nights, and we don't know yet if it'll even be on Fox. It may be on Fox with a second airing on Cartoon Network, or go straight to Cartoon Network. There are a number of possibilities, none of which will affect the production of the show. It'll be the same show.

So you're going to have the same people coming back?

As many as we can. If we can't get some back we'll just bring on some new people like we did at the beginning of the third season and it really didn't hurt us. I think that some of those third season shows were the best ones we ever did, and we basically had to build the staff up again from scratch, and I think that tells you that there are a hell of a lot of good writers out there. Good writers can adapt to animation even if they haven't worked on an animated show before. If a writer is enthusiastic, and every one of ours has been, then you get good results.

What about the voice talents? Have you been talking to Seth Green and Mila?

He's been off doing a movie, I haven't spoken to Mila, but I have spoken to Alex who plays Lois. She's on board. Seth and Mila are just the most wonderful people to work with. They bent over backwards to help out where they could on the DVD releases. At one point I called Mila at 9:00 at night and she was in bed and had been working difficult hours, and I asked if there was any way she could come down to the studio and do some commentary. She got in the car and drove 40 mins to Santa Monica to do this for us. They are just such terrific people. We're so lucky to have them, and there's no doubt in my mind that they'll be back.

Tell me a little bit about American Dad, because that's the other pilot that you're working on now.

American Dad is sort of a Family Guy meets All in the Family show. Where Family Guy is a very pop culture orientated show, American Dad is going to be a bit more politically satirical; socially and culturally satirical. It's about this mid-level CIA employee (Stan) who is a really right-wing loudmouth and his daughter, who is an extremely left-wing loudmouth, and their family. There's a couple of oddball characters in the vein of Brian and Stewie. We have an alien named Roger who Stan rescued from Area 51, and who is now living with him and his family. It's drawn in the truest possible sense as far as the accounts and pictures that you see of the humanoid aliens with the almond eyes. The only difference is that it can't leave the house, so it just sits on the couch all day, drinking wine, smoking and watching daytime TV. It's a combination of some grounded characters and some not-so-grounded characters. I think Family Guy fans will certainly, I'm guessing, respond very well to this show.

I think Family Guy fans love you as well.

Well, they seem to. God bless them.

We rally behind you, Seth.

Yup, yup, and I can't thank you guys enough.

So you're going to be able to do two shows at once?

It's going to be a challenge to say the least, but it's one that I couldn't be happier to take on. I've had a nice little vacation, because there hasn't been a whole lot going on over the past year, and I'm anxious to get back into this full-force. It's going to be a tremendous, tremendous amount of work, but it's what I love to do and we'll do it somehow.

Are we going to see any other shows that you've been involved in come out on DVD?

Yeah, I dunno. Do you mean Gilmore Girls? Possibly...maybe Johnny Bravo. It's possible...Cartoon Network is starting to release some of their Adult Swim stuff on DVD so hopefully the rest of it won't be too far behind. Powerpuff Girls is out there already.

So if Johnny Bravo comes out, you'll do a commentary on that, if they ask?

If they ask, sure.

You know I'm making calls after this to say, "Hey, if Johnny Bravo is coming out, Seth will do commentary!"

That's what my mother does. She takes information that I give her and then blows it way, way out of proportion. It's alright Gord, I'm used to it.

I'm just so happy for you. Seems like everything is working out.

Well, I just love this medium, and the thought of doing two programs is exciting. We'll see if kinda takes off.

When Family Guy comes back, do you picture yourself doing an episode that's based around a TV show that gets cancelled, but sells lots of DVDs and comes back?

We have about five scripts that are ready to go, that we need to do first for time's sake. I think in the first few minutes of the first one, we'll make some reference to all this.

The fans will love that. I hope to hear that things are a "go" with the show.

Yeah, I should hear soon.

Thanks again Seth!

You're welcome, take care.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/articles/seth2.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-06-2003, 10:28 PM
"That's just great. Are we going to see Family Guy action figures?

I believe so, if all goes well...I think that's on its way."

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good lord, if Playmates picked these up and did it in the style of the Simpsons, holy Jesus, that would rule!!! Congrats Seth!!!! I bet he's showed Fox where they can stick that cancellation notice for the Family Guy, eh? :D

Beast
12-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Yeah, Family Guy figures will kick butt. And hopefully it's a decent company that picks them up. Not sure if Playmates would do it though, but it's possible. Hopefully we'll hear something soon about the toy line. And the series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

browndroid
01-10-2004, 03:13 AM
well? i personally love the show, that futurama, and soth park are my favorite shows.

Beast
01-10-2004, 03:25 AM
Big fan of the show here. I own both DVD releases, and can't wait for the new Series and the possible direct to DVD movie release. Here's a thread where fans are discussing the news of the series return. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21055

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

browndroid
01-10-2004, 03:28 AM
yea that would b great, perhaps make a diorama scene with stuey trying to kill lois

JediTricks
01-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Love Family Guy, can't wait for its return. I've had a quote from the show - that I can't repeat here - stuck in my head for a while, it just makes me laugh, involving Peter asking what he has to do to repay a mob favor.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2004, 01:42 PM
"What do you want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? W---- o-- a guy? cos ya know, i'm married!"

Hey, it's censored; i did it!! :D

browndroid
01-10-2004, 03:03 PM
lol, i love that ep. yea i only have the season 3 dvd, but im gonna buy the 1&2 dvd pretty soon. another one of my favorite quotes is on the thin white line ep, with brian, hey how about a little less questions and a little more shut the censored up? thats like my favorite episode.

Beast
01-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Updated news on the return of the series, from the NY Post:

'GUY': IT'S ALIVE!
By DON KAPLAN
January 12, 2004 -- EXCLUSIVE

'THE Family Guy" is coming back from the dead.
Talks are under way with both Fox - which canceled the cartoon series two years ago - and the Cartoon Network - which airs it in reruns now - for new episodes of the show, Seth MacFarlane, creator of "Family Guy," told The Post.

No matter what, MacFarlane says, production will begin soon - even if he doesn't know exactly where they'll end up.

"We're sort of waiting on an official word, but to the best of my knowledge, the plan is to start producing a batch of new episodes without necessarily knowing where they're going to wind up," he says. "It's sort of a new format that really hasn't been tried before, and it's based on the DVD sales."

DVD sales of the canceled show have been huge - and in no small part is fueling talk of reviving the series.

"It's insane. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that it would have this kind of afterlife," MacFarlane says. "It's just a shock to everybody who worked on the show."

The show follows the misadventures of the Griffin family - bumbling dad Peter, his good-natured wife Lois, their two teens, a cynical dog who is smarter than everyone else, and an evil baby bent on world domination who makes numerous attempts to kill his parents and siblings.

When "Family Guy" aired on Fox from 1999-2002, many attributed its low ratings to not having a secure place on the network's schedule. The show was kicked around so much, one of its writers once complained that even his own mother didn't know when it was on.

But industry execs took notice last year when the show's DVD collection surprised even MacFarlane by selling more than a million copies, a huge feat by any standard, but especially for a show that drew so little attention while it was on the air.

In the meantime, Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" late-night programming block began airing repeats last year - which attracted large numbers of young men. In time, more young guys were tuning into the cable channel to see "Family Guy" at 11:30 p.m. than for either "The Late Show" or "The Tonight Show."

Men between the ages of 18 and 34 years old are a prized group for advertisers.

" 'The Family Guy' is appealing to a young male audience in a season when nothing seems to be appealing to young men," said an industry source close to the talks.

A deal could even be announced as early as this week, according to sources. But others believe that might be overly optimistic because insiders have been claiming a deal for the prime-time return of "Family Guy" has been imminent since last November.

Several different plans to bring the show back are under discussion.

In one scenario, new episodes of "The Family Guy" would air on Fox, then Cartoon Network.

Other options include shipping the show exclusively either to Fox, Cartoon Network or elsewhere. In all instances, the ultimate destination for the episodes would be on DVD.

But if the show does return, it will likely put off a planned "Family Guy" movie, says MacFarlane.

"To do an original movie directly for DVD and the series at the same time would be a little difficult," he says. "But there's been some discussion of doing a series of episodes that would all link together to form a movie."

While canceled shows have been picked up by rival networks in the past ("JAG" jumped from NBC to CBS in 1997, for instance), no one can recall a show that has been canceled and off the air ever returning to the same network.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

browndroid
01-21-2004, 01:43 AM
sweet, i cant wait till they come out!

Beast
03-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Been a while since we had an update, but here it is. From Variety the info about the return of best show on TV in ages. :)

- "At least" 22 new episodes currently in production.

- Fox retains the right to broadcast the episodes first if they so choose. However, at this time Cartoon Network is expected to premiere the first of these new episodes in "early 2005."

- Seth McFarlane returns to write, produce and voice the show while at the same time overseeing a new animated series, "American Dad."

- Alex Borstein, Seth Green and Mila Kunis are all in "discussions" to reprise their roles, so their contracts aren't finalized (but I don't think anyone's expecting trouble).

- The budget is 10% lower than it was during the three seasons of its Fox run, but McFarlane claims that this should not impact the series in any major way.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rocketboy
06-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Thread from the dead!
Found a bit of good news/bad news about the return of Family Guy.

First the good news:
According Alex "Lois" Borstein's website -

May 21, 2004
We had our first Family Guy record session yesterday. It was great! I can't tell you how much fun it was to hear the old familiar voices again. Seth was in good form as he flipped between Peter, Brian and Stewie for hours. I was happy to be Lois once again and tickled to say "Diane," as Tricia Takanawa.

Now the bad news from a Fox press release:

The much-anticipated return of FAMILY GUY is projected for summer 2005, when the acclaimed animated series will follow its DVD success with a fourth season on FOX.
That's right, SUMMER 2005, not early 2005, as previously reported.

Links:
http://www.alexborstein.com/pages/1/index.htm
http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker/archives/021027.html

James Boba Fettfield
06-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Maybe it's because FOX doesn't want it and American Dad airing new episodes at the same time?

At least we'll get to see Seth's other cartoon series on time.

JediTricks
06-09-2004, 11:38 PM
I think it's because it takes around 17 months to crank this sort of thing out, if they had wanted to meet an early '05 deadline Fox would have had to start production almost a year ago (they could probably spit out the first 2 eps in time even with a fasttracked timeline, but then run the risk of having no more episodes ready to air after the debut).

SithDroid
08-28-2004, 11:55 PM
They might also be delaying the airing due to peoples conflicts. I mean Mila has 70's show and Seth is filming movies and doing guest spots on TV so that could be a possible reason. I'm just glad it is coming back at all.

El Chuxter
03-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Howsabout. . . Family Guy Live (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=797&ncid=762&e=5&u=/eo/20050317/en_tv_eo/16139)? :eek:

JediTricks
03-17-2005, 07:59 PM
It may be near my house, but I don't think I can find it in my heart to bother with this, it sounds too weird. I am not dead set against it though...

James Boba Fettfield
04-24-2005, 03:50 AM
The season premiere episode coming next Sunday (May 1) is as funny as Family Guy has ever been! I loved it! All around great stuff. It's still edgy and the opening of the show is great! I love the jab it takes at FOX.

Man, I forgot how much I missed seeing new episodes of Family Guy.

General_Grievous
04-24-2005, 01:13 PM
How did you see it early, JBF?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Oh we have our ways, my friend. ;)

I laughed my a-- off watching this new episode. The first 6 minutes were funnier than ANYTHING "The Simpsons" has done the last three seasons. The scene with Peter watching "The Passion of the christ" had me laughing hysterically.

Welcome back Griffins, you were SORELY missed. :D

General_Grievous
04-24-2005, 03:26 PM
shhh!!! Don't spoil it for us unworthy ones! :D

James Boba Fettfield
04-25-2005, 12:43 AM
Oh, I used a search engine, bit tornado, and the show's title North By North Quahog to find it after I saw another message board that it was out there.

Really can't give any specific directions on how to find it, but those who are familiar with this stuff will know how to go about finding it.

Guyute, you are too right. My favorite part was the scene about the drinking and the great parody they did of those certain PSA's of our youth. They even had the real guy to do the voice for it (saw his name in the credits and then it clicked with me).

I love you, FG.

Kidhuman
04-26-2005, 11:42 AM
holy s**t that was hilarious.

CaptainSolo1138
04-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Well, it sounded funny. Whenever I download a .torrent file I only get the audio. At least I still have something to look forward to on the 1st.

Kidhuman
05-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Holy crap this was funnier the 32nd time around. God I love this show.

El Chuxter
05-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Jeez! They really, really pulled out all the stops for this one! The opening, with Peter listing off all the cancelled Fox shows, was classic. (Though weren't Lone Gunmen and Titus cancelled long before Family Guy?)

I just about peed in my pants when Flint came out of the stall in the boys' room. (It would've been a hilarious bit anyway, but something about him being in the stall made it funnier.) I honestly think that gag topped "There's the principal of Megs' school, and Bill Nye the Science Guy, and half of Lenny Kravitz, and Optimus Prime is Jewish?!?"

Rocketboy
05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
As hilarious as it was, there were a few jokes that seemed to be thrown in for no reason besides the "I remember that from the old episodes" effect (like the greased up deaf guy).

I'm just happy it's back. Let's hope Fox keeps it in 1 time slot this time!

megaprime33
05-02-2005, 07:34 PM
I liked it, but it wasn't my favorite episode. I thought some of the jokes were kinda forced. I'm glad it's back though. I just hope that it still remains funny instead always trying to be over the top because everyone expects it from them.

trandoshan666
05-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm still giggling about that Pinnochio bit.lol

JediTricks
05-02-2005, 08:48 PM
I thought it was pretty good, I rewatched it this morning. I love how Peter lists off 29 Fox shows that bit the dust that were around during Family Guy's time, sad statement of Fox's committment to programming though. The part with Flint was pretty memorable, but the line I remember the best is when Meg and Chris are fighting and Brian tries to intervene, Chris goes "I don't have to listen to you, you're a dog! You don't have a soul!" (I was rolling when he said "you're a dog", the line could have ended there just as well). Having the last part of the ep be a parody of Hitchcock's North by Northwest probably wasn't going to make sense to those in the audience who haven't seen the film (which I suspect is a lot of 'em) but it was still entertaining and I love how the Jefferson calls Lincoln "Frankenstein", that cracked me up. I was suprirsed how good the actor they got to do Gibson's voice was, and equally surprised how effective the Mel Gibson art was.

I hope they keep the show's quality up and just dump American Dad so it doesn't divide McFarlane's time.

InsaneJediGirl
05-02-2005, 11:39 PM
I liked the episode as well. Much better than the Simpsons 350th Episode,but thats another thread ;) Getting back to the topic,I liked the humor,especially at Rushmore when it didnt seem as forced anymore.

I agree JT,MacFarlane should just work on FG so it doesnt fall into the same pit.

General_Grievous
05-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Oh, man. I was rolling when Peter was in "The Passion of the Christ".

OW! OW! OW! OW! HEY! HEY! HEY! STOP IT! STOP IT!

..okay...

OKAY?

....okay...

Alright.

And the Honeymooners bit was great...

One of these days, Alice-

Yeah, yeah, I know. Straight to the moon!

(Audience laughter. Ralph punches Alice in the face and slowly walks out of the room)

It's good to have a funny show on FOX again!:D

CaptainSolo1138
05-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Last nites episode was pretty good. Not the best story, but the jokes were hilarious! "Oh, bundt cake! I love bundt cake! Heads up!!"

Kidhuman
05-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Agreed Solo, good episode, but nothing like last weeks.

El Chuxter
05-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I especially loved "Something's different about my oatmeal. Omigod, there's a bear in my oatmeal!!" Even aside from the bear cameo, it was just completely ridiculous funny.

The Wonder Twins gag gave me nightmares, though.

JediTricks
05-09-2005, 07:27 PM
On the whole, I liked the ep, but it was much more hit-or-miss than last week's. Still, it was golden compared to American Dad, which was I might add the last fraggin' time I'll be watching that piece of garbage. Back to FG, nothing stuck with me that much this time around, but I laughed more during that 30 minutes than the entire KOTH, 1-hour of Simpsons, and American Dad put together so it couldn't have been that bad.

mrhat
05-09-2005, 07:39 PM
One thing I did like about it was THE RETURN OF QUAGMIRE!!! He wasn't in the first one, but his special cameo in the opening made me smile, giggidy giggidy giggidy! And drew barrymore's character, wow... Chris what do you see? 2 D's and an F... She was a good guest star, played her role well. I still think it was funny, maybe not as much as north by north quohog, but still good.

JediTricks
05-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Quagmire and the whole beginning was pretty good, I had forgotten about his "Giggidy giggidy" cameo during the Law & Order part.

trandoshan666
05-09-2005, 11:33 PM
The Donnie and Marie thing was a bit too much, but I still laughed. The whole bit with Stewie talking to the cop was a riot, though.

tagmac
05-15-2005, 09:26 PM
LMAO!!! Excellent homage to ANH! Not sure if it was done on purpose, but the timing of this airing was perfect!

JediTricks
05-16-2005, 04:53 AM
You know, I really disliked tonight's ep of FG, but that ending made it all better. :D

trandoshan666
05-16-2005, 02:09 PM
I did enjoy last night's episode, but once again, the episode as a whole felt a little disjointed. But it had some really funny stuff in it like the five-minute rooster fighting scene, the bit with Peter eating the nickels in the car and the flashback to when Peter lived with Superman. Good stuff.:D

El Chuxter
05-16-2005, 03:18 PM
How could you dislike the inexplicable epic battle with the rooster, and the way Peter just goes right along with his convo as if nothing happened?

Or the classic line, "You've been pregnant for six years!"

JediTricks
05-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Funny, Peter's flashback to living with Supes was one of the parts I found really flat.

trandoshan666
05-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Funny, Peter's flashback to living with Supes was one of the parts I found really flat.

The &quot;officially running low on Mr. Pibb and Cheezits&quot; line didn't make you chuckle? Loved it.

JediTricks
05-17-2005, 01:29 AM
Not even a little, I guess because the only real use of the actual set-up was about how long it took Peter vs Supes to get to the store, and even that wasn't really funny because of how much it suffered.

Rocketboy
06-20-2005, 12:47 AM
*grain of salt time*

Davisdvd (http://www.davisdvd.com/news/animation.html) reports:

After one of the most remarkable turnarounds from the cold grip of cancellation, the juggernaut that is Family Guy is set to make more history - not to mention cash - with the premiere of a straight-to-DVD feature film. Due on September 27th is Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story which, according to the studio's synopsis, finds baby Stewie setting out on a road trip to find his real father after a near-death experience. The DVD will be presented uncut and unrated (read: more offensive) and will include a commentary track, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes and other bonus features. Stay tuned for official artwork shortly.

Since the story is 4 days old and this is the only place reporting this "news," I'm doubting it's authenticity.
But, IF this is true, then that means Peter's only child is Chris...
:eek:

Rocketboy
06-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Holy Crap! It's true (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdnews.php?id=10098)!

Family Guy Movie Bows Sept. 27
June 21, 2005

Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane is preparing his long-awaited direct-to-DVD movie based on the exploits of his cartoon clan for a September 27 release, says The Hollywood Reporter.

"It's been an enormous undertaking to juggle this with doing 35 new episodes of the show, but we think it turned out great," MacFarlane said of the film, his first full-length feature, and the first direct-to-video ever made off a television franchise.

The 83-minute, unrated Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story finds Stewie, the maniacal baby genius, having a near-death experience that prompts him to change his ways. Instead of seeking to dominate the world, he sets out on a road trip to find his real father.

Guest vocal talent includes Barrymore and Ron Livingston, as well as three cast members of Beverly Hills, 90210 -- Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling -- "in a special gag," MacFarlane said.

The DVD will include several special features, including deleted scenes, still galleries, animatics and a commentary from MacFarlane.

"We also sandwiched special features around the movie," he said. "It begins with an animated movie premiere, with the family arriving to watch it, and then there's an after-party at the end."

JediTricks
06-21-2005, 11:41 PM
That's crazy! I hope they can make it funny, I guess they already have made it though so it better be funny already. ;)

General_Grievous
07-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Last night's episode was hilarious. I loved the Pee Wee's Big Adventure nod with the breakfast machine. It was also funny when Stewie copped a feel (twice)!

Ji'dai
07-11-2005, 11:41 PM
I never thought four animated characters vomiting all over the place could be that funny.

How wrong I was.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Last night's episode was hilarious. I loved the Pee Wee's Big Adventure nod with the breakfast machine.

I LOST it when they even had the same music playing during that scene. Holy crap, that was funny stuff. I loved the outcome too: "it just shoots me! it doesn't even make breakfast!"

Man, i'm happy this show is back. :D

trandoshan666
07-12-2005, 01:19 PM
I LOST it when they even had the same music playing during that scene. Holy crap, that was funny stuff. I loved the outcome too: &quot;it just shoots me! it doesn't even make breakfast!&quot;

Man, i'm happy this show is back. :D

Agreed. It was a hilarious episode through and through. I too, found the vomiting scene ridiculously funny.

UKWildcat
07-15-2005, 02:35 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I thought it was just hilarious and very clever when they flashed back to Brian, a la, Dazed and Confused...

"Thats why I love those high school girls... I get older, they stay the same age, yes they do"

Had the mustache and all... Excellent!

JediTricks
07-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh, that's what that was from. Boy, that bit didn't make any sense for Brian's character if you haven't seen that movie... like me. (I saw a few minutes, but it wasn't doing it for me so el channel-changeo.)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-03-2005, 12:24 PM
http://take-me-on.ytmnd.com/

Seth is a GENIUS. Enjoy cos i laugh myself to tears nearly everytime i see it. Easily one of the best gags this season.

CaptainSolo1138
08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
How did I not see that before?! That was great.

Also, you gotta love YTMND. Best way to kill a boring day at work! :)

Rocketboy
08-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Are you ready for Family Guy Volume 3 on November 29?
Boo-yah! (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3859)

Disc 1:
North by North Quahog
Fast Times at Buddy Cianci Jr. High
Blind Ambition
Don't Make Me Over
Disc 2:
The Cleveland-Loretta Quagmire
Petarded
Brian the Bachelor
8 Simple Rules for Buying My Teenage Daughter
Disc 3:
Breaking Out Is Hard to Do
Model Misbehavior
Perfect Castaway
Peter's Got Woods
Jungle Love
Extras include:

Commentary tracks (episodes and participants aren't known at this time)
Behind the Scenes with Stewie
Resurrection of Family Guy
Deleted scenes
Animatics
Family Guy "Live In Las Vegas" Music Video
And more!Also, here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3653) is a link to the straight to DVD movie artwork (due September 27).

kool-aid killer
08-13-2005, 01:41 AM
This smiley :lipsrseal reminds me of Quagmire. Giggidy giggidy giggidy!!!

CaptainSolo1138
08-13-2005, 01:17 PM
This smiley :lipsrseal reminds me of Quagmire. Giggidy giggidy giggidy!!!
LMAO! Alriiiiight!

That's great news, Rocketboy. Now you know what to get me for Christmas! :thumbsup:

trandoshan666
09-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Were the two most recent episodes part of the season that's in the DVD set, or are they part of a new season? I haven't paid attention to the episode titles, but the shows have both been pretty funny.

El Chuxter
09-21-2005, 01:02 PM
The last two are a new season, so I assume they wouldn't be in the DVD set.

BTW, a friendly reminder: six days until Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.

mrhat
09-21-2005, 01:40 PM
According to the "episode list" which can be found on Amazon, Peter's got Woods, Perfect Castaways, and this upcoming episode, Jungle Love will be on the volume 3 set.

Lord Malakite
09-21-2005, 06:29 PM
I should probably start drawing some more of my Family Guy icons in MS Paint. The SW FG icons are especially lonely and they won't draw themselves.:p

Phantom-like Menace
09-23-2005, 01:24 AM
"I've never done the same thing but with a girl from Jo-Ann Fabrics."

"A la izquierda del barque, podemos ver a los fanny bandits."

It hurts to laugh that much.

UKWildcat
09-23-2005, 01:30 AM
"I've never done the same thing but with a girl from Jo-Ann Fabrics."

lol That scene was too much! lol

The fart-off with Michael Moore was hilarious too. Family guy is just amazing, simply put. I'll definitely be adding Vol. 3 to my collection... if not Vols. 1 & 2 would be lonely.

Bosskman
09-25-2005, 01:48 PM
The Family Guy movie is freakin' sweet. The best parts I think are the elmer fud/bugs bunny skit, Lois getting out of the limmo, spider man scene, Peter and Lois in the bathtub, the nursing home, 90210, man, there's too much to mention. I won't give anthingthing away for those who didn't see it.

Rocketboy
09-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah, that'd be nice. It doesn't come out until Tuesday...

JimJamBonds
09-25-2005, 11:56 PM
I nearly lost it during tonights episode when Stewie asks if there are any "clitori shots."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-26-2005, 01:03 AM
I nearly lost it during tonights episode when Stewie asks if there are any "clitori shots."

Yeah, that part almost had me in tears, along with:
- the Wham! dance off. I love the new Chris, "uhhhhh whuuuuuuuuu!" thing they do this season. It's great.

- the Evil Monkey crying when he hears chris isn't coming back.
- Peter as Beeker. Oh, man, I was laughing so hard.

trandoshan666
09-26-2005, 06:43 PM
The entire Peter's-new-job sequence was hilarious, too. Is it just me, or has that guy been naked a lot this season?

mrhat
09-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Did anyone else catch the credits, among the cast Carrie Fisher is Listed!!! I wonder if she played the boss at the shipping department, this isnt the first time names in the credits have confused me, Haley-Joel Osmont was in a number of the credits for several of the season 1,2, and 3 ep's...

JimJamBonds
09-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Also another great bit I forgot to mention: when Peter was the face in the mirror for Kevin Federline. WOW! That was great. :thumbsup:

mrhat
09-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey does this movie only come in full frame, or is there an widescreen version, all i can seem to find is full frame

JediTricks
09-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Did anyone else catch the credits, among the cast Carrie Fisher is Listed!!! I wonder if she played the boss at the shipping department, this isnt the first time names in the credits have confused me, Haley-Joel Osmont was in a number of the credits for several of the season 1,2, and 3 ep's...
When I saw her name in the credits, I went back and watched the tape and that was indeed her as the boss in the shipping dept.

General_Grievous
09-27-2005, 08:37 PM
OMG, I just got the movie. My favorite part was definitely Peter on the Today Show. "Katie! Katie! Katie!". I was laughing so hard, I think I cracked a rib. They also drop a few f-bombs too. Oh, and there's also the triumphant return of Randy Newman at the beginning. It doesn't quite top the "Left Foot, Right Foot" song but it's still hilarious.

mrhat
09-28-2005, 01:02 AM
unfortunetly they bleep the f-bombs, all 30 or so of them. (Chris's fiance'/wife mostly)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2005, 01:18 AM
unfortunetly they bleep the f-bombs, all 30 or so of them. (Chris's fiance'/wife mostly)

Mr. Hat, this can be fixed by going into the LANGUAGE SELECTIONS option on the menu and chosing 'UNCENSORED." With that, all profanity is fair game! :D

mrhat
09-28-2005, 01:53 AM
Well how stupid do i feel, how did you guys "discover" the uncensoring button anyway?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Well how stupid do i feel, how did you guys "discover" the uncensoring button anyway?

well, i knew the film had cussing in it cause one of my buddy's has had it for about two months now and it was uncensored. Once i watched it and heard the bleeps, I let out my own curse word and scanned the menu's and BAM, there she was. It's great when Peter drops the F-bomb. It's been a LOOOOOOOOONG time coming. :crazed:

bobafrett
09-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Hey does this movie only come in full frame, or is there an widescreen version, all i can seem to find is full frame

I was wondering that myself, as I could only find the full screen version. I bought it, and watched the movie, wish I would have known about the language uncensored selection.

JimJamBonds
09-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Personally I think it was a big let down. The 'reporter' at the post movie awards called it "mildly entertaining" and I have to agree with that. I thought the first 8 min. where they get out of the limo was dumb, although the Vince Vaughn/Susan Sarandon bit was good. Other then that I kept waiting for things to take off and they never really did. The post intermission things did get better but why couldn't the whole film be like that?

I wish I would have waited and had Caesar loan it to me. :o

Rocketboy
09-28-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm glad you can uncensor it. I was disppointed that it was all bleeped out.
It shouldn't have been bleeped to begin with though.

El Chuxter
09-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Two funny Star Wars refs! And that Thundercats bit was just wrong!

mrhat
09-28-2005, 12:11 PM
After seconds of research on Amazon.com, it indeed only comes in Fullframe, which is fine because none of the episodes are in wide screen either.

mrhat
09-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Heres a look at the Box art for Volume 3 which hits stores November 29th

mrhat
09-28-2005, 01:52 PM
You know what grinds my gears? New Family Guy's won't be on til November 6th, the first 3 episodes of the 5th season are Stewie Griffin the Untold Story, so no new new ones til November 27th (2 Days before volume 3's release)

2-1B
09-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I watched the movie last night and found it hilarious ! ! ! That thing with Elmer Fudd cracking Bugs Bunny's neck after he shot him, holy **** did that kill me . . . :D

And plenty of other references, too many to list since I'm short on time.

mrhat
09-28-2005, 02:29 PM
A good film all in all, The Red Carpet was classic, especially when "David Bowie" made trisha takinowa talk like the girl from Full Metal Jacket.... "Thank you Trisha, you have set your people back 1,000 years" And when joe had bonnies legs singing who has short shorts!

Captain Spoon
09-28-2005, 04:14 PM
The movie was great but I still can't get over last Sunday's Episode (Jungle Love) When they had teenage Stewie with his girlfriends talking about how he got the wine coolers....and when he asked for scope....man I almost p*ss*d my pants I was laughing so hard

Ji'dai
09-29-2005, 12:41 AM
Last Sunday's ep is the second this season to spoof Raiders of the Lost Ark. When the Griffin's were on the run from the natives and they swing to board the pontoon plane, I was really expecting a bawdy joke about the line "there's a big snake in the plane, Jock!" But alas, I had to settle for Meg getting poison darts in the back, which was much unfunnier.

Ji'dai
11-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Man, those scenes with the Stephen Hawking-like professor and his wife (who also has ALS) were something else. Then they show them in bed having make-up sex... whew. Movin' into South Park territory with that bit.

Rocketboy
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
I loved the "Oh man! Did I hit crazy stairs?" part.
It's been stuck in my head since I saw it.

trandoshan666
11-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah, the sex scene was almost too much for me but in a good way. In all, it was a great episode.

scruffziller
12-05-2005, 06:42 AM
I have just started watching. I was going to start with the beggining but it isn't like it is a continuity show. Absolutley hilarious. I would have to say that my most fav character is Brian. It pains him to always have to point out the obvious of why something is absurd, but everyone else is totally oblivious to it. And wants to know why that was nessisary.:D Seth is a genius charachter actor. But I see what you guys were saying about American Dad. It is rather lackluster. It seems like all the Family Guy jokes that are thrown out go to American Dad. But it seems to me that a number of shows are imitating the humor of Family Guy. Like THE WAR AT HOME, has the shtick going on of the dramatazized out flashbacks and what people are actually thinking. Which I think is a great new frontier for comedy shows. Mr. MacFarlane is a comic pioneer.

CaptainSolo1138
12-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Anyone play the Family Guy drinking game yet ( http://gorillamask.net/famguydrink.shtml )? I went to a party the other nite where this was the primary activity. Holy crap, I was smashed (and I was only there the second and third season!).

JimJamBonds
12-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Anyone play the Family Guy drinking game yet ( http://gorillamask.net/famguydrink.shtml )? I went to a party the other nite where this was the primary activity. Holy crap, I was smashed (and I was only there the second and third season!).

Good god, that wouldn't take all that long. :D

Rocketboy
12-05-2005, 11:00 AM
I saw a Family Guy drinking glass at Spencer's the other day that had the Family Guy drinking game on it. It had pretty much the same stuff on it.

CaptainSolo1138
12-05-2005, 03:30 PM
I saw a Family Guy drinking glass at Spencer's the other day that had the Family Guy drinking game on it. It had pretty much the same stuff on it.
I saw those, too. I told Mrs. CaptainSolo that I want a set of the Pawtucket Patriot glasses.

The most "unfair" rule of the drinking game is drink 3 when Quagmire makes a sexual reference. Playing on that rule alone will do you in.

JediTricks
12-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Scruff, I would say watching from the beginning is something you should attempt, not strictly as you would with a story arc show like Babylon 5, but at least to get a feel for the characters and joke styles when they first started because it's really an evolution from '99 till now (especially after the first cancellation and return where the writers had to be replaced since they had all moved on and the show got a different style).

Geez, that drinking game is pretty generous with some of them! The stupid Evil Monkey is in almost every ep this past 2 mini-seasons thanks to the new writers' dependency on old gags.

mrhat
12-11-2005, 10:15 PM
THE INTERNET LIES!!!!! I was looking foreward to a new episode of FG tonight "Father, Son, and the Holy Fonz" But at this moment "Petarded" is on, not a new episode like the internet (familyguy.com's upcoming events calender) It had better be on next week instead of the scheduled old episode... grrness!!!! Ok im good now, thanks for tuning in.

Lord Malakite
12-12-2005, 04:01 AM
THE INTERNET LIES!!!!! I was looking foreward to a new episode of FG tonight "Father, Son, and the Holy Fonz" But at this moment "Petarded" is on, not a new episode like the internet (familyguy.com's upcoming events calender) It had better be on next week instead of the scheduled old episode... grrness!!!! Ok im good now, thanks for tuning in.
With the exception of The Simpsons (which had a brief Family Guy and American Dad cameo) everything tonight was repeats in the cartoon department. I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with FOX not wanting to compete with the Survivor finale.

mrhat
12-12-2005, 01:03 PM
I think Matt Groening is a tad jealous of family guy, and american dad. I have to give the feud point to FG though, the opening sequence where stewie fights osama bin laden and makes the trek home on his bike, ends up hitting homer in the garage and peter saying, whos that guy... Well I can only hope for a new episdoe next sunday... Survivor, of course... but why put a new simpsons on at the same time survivor started?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-13-2005, 11:08 AM
I didn't see it, but i guess on "The simpsons" this week, they mentioned Peter. They were in Italy and i guess checking out a list of criminals/their crimes and it said:

Peter Griffin- plagiarismo
and they even did:
American Dad- plagiarismo plagiarismo

Pretty funny, i gotta admit. :D I picked up the third volume of FG last week at work. Great stuff. Watching the short blip about how the show came back is great too, simply for the history and almost nostalgia of the show. Cheers :D

El Chuxter
12-19-2005, 01:12 AM
I nearly wet myself at the Paula Abdul/"MC Skat Peter" bit tonight. That ranks right up there with the Flint, Soundwave, and Optimus Prime cameos (which were hilarious not only because of who they were, but because of the gags).

Bosskman
12-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Hey chux, good call on the Paula abdul skit! You beat me to posting about it. A few other goodies from this ep were the Seasame street pinball spoof and the "the view" spooof. I nearly crapped my pants when the black chick laid that egg!

JediTricks
12-19-2005, 04:06 PM
I can't believe all the guest stars in this one either, Tom Bosley (TOM! TOM BOSLEY! Is it him?) and Marion Ross had a good one, and how can you not love Sherman Hemsley? Plus Gary Cole reprising his "Office Space" role as Bill Lumbergh? Even if it was an all-over-the-place episode, the fine use of guest stars spackled over the holes (unlike how the Simpsons does it).

Bosskman
12-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I forgot about Lumberg. That was freakin' sweet!

trandoshan666
12-20-2005, 12:24 AM
The Kobe Bryant joke had me rolling. I called up a buddy during the commercial to see if he was watching, and he was laughing about it, too. I think it was Peter's delivery that sealed the deal for me.

UKWildcat
12-20-2005, 12:37 AM
I lost it when Kathy Bates slid into the hot tub with Stewie... (ala About Schmidt)

Stewie - "Uh... Yea... I'm going to get out now."

lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2005, 01:49 AM
crap. I didn't think they had a new episode last night and didn't set the VCR at all. All of the torrents i've snatched for the episode are corrup too as they only play about 8 seconds of video and then freeze. The audio is fine, but the picture doesn't move from that opening shot of the gang on the couch.

When does CN reair the new episodes? Next Thur or this Thur? DAMMIT! :upset:

JediTricks
12-20-2005, 02:33 AM
Not the following thursday, but the one after that.

That last part in the barn near the end, with Peter's dad, Peter, and Brian talking about Madonna and who she's been with, and then Dennis Rodman being broke, and then the topper being Peter's dad asking whether she'd do Dennis now even though he's broke, that was TOO MUCH! I was laughing so hard.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2005, 12:39 PM
finally got the torrent working (i needed divx? why?) and laughed my arse off. That part with "Jaws" had me laughing hysterically cos that guys voice is just too damn funny for words.

"hey there, i'm gonna eat that hairy little leg, and i'm gonna eat that other one too....I can see up them shorts!" and let's not forget Lumberg and the Paula Abdul blips. Funny stuff!!

scruffziller
12-20-2005, 01:45 PM
finally got the torrent working (i needed divx? why?) and laughed my arse off. That part with "Jaws" had me laughing hysterically cos that guys voice is just too damn funny for words.

"hey there, i'm gonna eat that hairy little leg, and i'm gonna eat that other one too....I can see up them shorts!" and let's not forget Lumberg and the Paula Abdul blips. Funny stuff!!

Dang Guyute you aren't kidding about that JAWS bit. That was just beyond comdedic genuis!!!!:D

General_Grievous
12-20-2005, 04:27 PM
This episode was good. My favorite line?

Priest: "If there are any who object to this matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Peter: "Okay, nobody's going to say it? Not one of you. Well, I guess I'll have to be the one to do it. GENITAL WARTS!!!!"

:D ROFLMAO

Bosskman
12-20-2005, 04:51 PM
That Genital warts part was freakin hilarious too. And you can't go wrong with slagging madonna either. This was probably one of the funniest eps yet.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Dang Guyute you aren't kidding about that JAWS bit. That was just beyond comdedic genuis!!!!:D

something about that guys voice just makes me giggle hysterically. so much in fact that i've changed my avatar/sig/profile to it. hehehehehe :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
12-20-2005, 09:54 PM
something about that guys voice just makes me giggle hysterically. so much in fact that i've changed my avatar/sig/profile to it. hehehehehe :thumbsup:

lol

Thats the same voice of the guy who teaches the CPR class in the ep. "The Cleveland-Loretta Quagmire" (Vol. 3 ep. 5) His voice is awesome. I die laughing everytime I watch that scene.

"I see that soda up under your chair. Thats alright, sodas alright on my watch. We also got Oreos here and fresh coffee. Everybody likes a snack."

Then at the end of the class he's like:

"Oh, nobody had any of the coffee, only a couple Oreos gone. I'm gonna to take the rest home to the cats."

lol Excellent stuff!!! lol

trandoshan666
12-20-2005, 11:20 PM
I love that guy, too. My all-time favorite non-Cleveland line from him was "He's my only means of conveyance. I do spoil him, though." I laugh out loud every time I hear it.

Bosskman
12-21-2005, 06:16 AM
The most quoted family guy line in my circle of FG watchers is "Haven't seen the paper boy in a while." I can make my voice sound exactly like that guy. "Where are you you lilsonovabeeotch?"

scruffziller
12-26-2005, 03:58 PM
The most quoted family guy line in my circle of FG watchers is "Haven't seen the paper boy in a while."

Yea!!!!!:D

I just watched that episode where that decrepit old pervert first appears.:D
It is just beyond wrong.lol But oh the comic genius!!!!! But first I saw the episode where he is hopping on the ladder ala Animal House past Chris's window.

Like I have said before, Family Guy is funnier because they dare to do what everyone is thinking but are not willing to do.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Speaking of the old pervert . . . did anyone else think that Neil Young's recent SNL performance sounded EXACTLY like that guy???

scruffziller
12-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Just found out, the old pervert is named Herbert.:D

Bosskman
12-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, his name was revealed in that episode where he goes into that extended fantasy about Chris. His dog, who looks exactly like him, is also revealed in that episode. Funny how "Herbert" sorta sounds like "pervert".

CaptainSolo1138
01-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Tonite's episode was just "OK", but it had it's moments. Quagmire and Chris in the closet was pretty good, but I liked Brian and Stewie singing at the end:
"I like the work of Alan Funt, and a freshly shaven...leg" lol

Kidhuman
01-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah tonights was ok, nothing special.

Rocketboy
01-09-2006, 12:31 AM
I loved the Empire Strikes Back bit at the beginning with Chris.

Kidhuman
01-09-2006, 02:36 AM
I loved the Empire Strikes Back bit at the beginning with Chris.

That was pretty funny on the toilet.

JimJamBonds
01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I can't remember if I saw this on the Fox episode or the rerun on the Cartoon Network but what about when Chris was told to come out from behind the couch and he says "I can't right now." Lois said "just finish up and then come out." :sur:

CaptainSolo1138
01-09-2006, 01:22 PM
I can't remember if I saw this on the Fox episode or the rerun on the Cartoon Network but what about when Chris was told to come out from behind the couch and he says "I can't right now." Louis said "just finish up and then come out." :sur:That was on the rerun. It was the one with "The Real Life Griffins" or whatever it was called. Meg was having a sleep over and the family kept embarrassing her.

BTW, who is this "Louis" character you speak of?:p

JimJamBonds
01-09-2006, 02:13 PM
BTW, who is this "Louis" character you speak of?:p

I have no idea what you are talking about.... :D

......Lois said "just finish up and then come out." :sur:

Kidhuman
01-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Holy crap that was damn hilarious. Stewie beating on Brian was outrageous.

Rocketboy
01-29-2006, 10:59 PM
FYI - just like the Stewie movie, Family Guy Volume 3 DVD set is also uncensored. With any episode that has something bleeped out, just go to the audi options and uncensor it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-10-2006, 01:26 PM
well, welcome back folks! The new season kicks off tonight at 9pm on Fox! Fox.com has a small clip with Stewie raising Hell for Lois. Oh, lord it's hysterical. His insane, evil, twisted and yet childlike laugh gets me going every time. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
09-11-2006, 03:56 PM
It was an ok episode, both storylines felt like they could have been a little funnier (by that I mean more humor derived from the plot than left-field gags) and a little better drawn out, but it was good enough - especially after another lackluster American Dad (the only thing I found funny was the B-plot with Roger & Francine, and the 2 uses of "Hitlermelons"). That "All in the Family" end credits thing was right out of nowhere, but it made me laugh anyway.

El Chuxter
09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Funny, I am in total disagreement.

American Dad keeps getting exponentially better. It started as one of the rankest turds on TV, and now it's one of the funniest shows on. If it continues improving at this rate, it will be the funniest thing of any sort ever conceived within another year, and will have to be kept in a locked crate in the Pentagon to ensure it never falls into the wrong hands.

I laughed for almost five minutes straight at Peter's initial reaction to the prostate exam and the jokes about it for the next few minutes. And the "I thought we had a clip" bit was a great bit of self-parody.

Kidhuman
09-11-2006, 04:13 PM
That All in the Family ending was awesome&

JediTricks
09-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Wow, I found nothing of Stan Smith's Camp Refugee stuff to be funny, it was fully hackneyed even at the irreverance levels - the sole joke that worked was the enemy camp's lookout guy getting his arm chopped off "wait, let me get the stuff out of my left pocket". :D

El Chuxter
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
You didn't at least find the puppet getting his arm cut off to be funny?

Rocketboy
09-11-2006, 09:53 PM
I thought Family Guy was top notch and American Dad was as horrid as it usually is (from the few minutes I watched).

Lois?
Lois?
Lois?
Lois?
Lois?
Lois?
Lois?
Lois?
Lois?
Mom?
Mom?
Mommy?
Mom?
Mom?
Mom?
Momma?
Mom?
Mom?
Mom?
Mom?
Mom?
Love ya!

JediTricks
09-12-2006, 03:27 PM
You didn't at least find the puppet getting his arm cut off to be funny?Yeah, I forgot about that bit, it's an extension of the earlier gag and it works.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Decent episode, not one of their better ones. Although, "The Ring" bit was HYSTERICAL as they did the face pretty well; that Darth vader thing was great and Stewie's jab at Butterfinger and Bart Simpson was FANTASTIC. :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-17-2006, 09:44 PM
agreed on all points, sir! :thumbsup:

not to mention The French Tickler's flying antics. lol

Kidhuman
09-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Does AS still show the new ones thursday nights? I missed it tonight.&

JediTricks
09-18-2006, 04:43 PM
No, the Adult Swim Thursday is weird like that.

This ep was all over the map, mostly funny but too much plot confusion (ok, nowhere near as bad as this week's Simpsons in that dept.). How did they even end up finding Stewie though? That got totally glossed over from what I could tell.

mrhat
09-19-2006, 10:45 PM
AS won't start showing this season of FG for a while, it takes a while for them to either get the episodes to air at all, or they are waiting a while so they have a good stock of them to show. In other completely random FG news, a VIDEO GAME is forthcoming, I was at the video store, and just so happened to pick up one of those coming soon mags they have, and right there was the FG game for PS2, XBOX, and PSP. Interesting, also amazon is listing it at 30 bucks, and being released on October 3rd.

General_Grievous
09-20-2006, 07:02 PM
I can't wait until FG rips South Park a new one after the whole "Cartoon Wars" storyline (I love both shows, but I'm just curious to see what'll happen)...This week's ep was good. I was dying when Peter and Tom were at Burger King. :D

Lord Malakite
09-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Overall the FG episodes have been fairly good. I'm getting a bit tired of the "run something into the ground too long" gag though.:cross-eye

"So how's that book you've been writing Mom? Mom. Mom. Lois. Momma. Mommy. *radio sound effect of two horses laughing at flushing toilets*"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Overall the FG episodes have been fairly good. I'm getting a bit tired of the "run something into the ground too long" gag though.:cross-eye

"So how's that book you've been writing Mom? Mom. Mom. Lois. Momma. Mommy. *radio sound effect of two horses laughing at flushing toilets*"

I kinda agree with that. The gag the previous week with Stewie calling for Lois was hysterical and the payoff was great too. Plus, it only went for like 30 seconds. Those noises actually had my finger on the remote control, about to jump down a channel or hit MUTE. But, the payoff wasn't good for it. Stewie's..."hi.........(devil giggle)" was good stuff.

and glad to see you back on the boards, Mala!

JediTricks
09-21-2006, 05:39 PM
The radio stuff was astute then took it too far, they crossed the line between commenting on the behavior into repeating it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Slow episode at first and then it really picked up. I loved the references to "The Goonies" and "Jurassic Park" and i LOVED Herbert and Jessie making an appearance. Their "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm's" just kill me. And I was laughing pretty hard when Chris kept saying, "Meg meg meg!" and then went all soft.

although, this did seem it was pulled from other shows: "South Park" and the Wal-Mart episode and even the guy who sold tumbleweeds was from the animated "Clerks" series.

and no new ones till Nov 5th?!? What. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
09-24-2006, 10:04 PM
and no new ones till Nov 5th?!? What.

Remember remember the 5th of November...

Playoffs start next weekend.&

Lord Malakite
09-25-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't know why but I liked the roller skate disco thing the most in this episode. Perhaps it was the unique angle they chose for Peter's dance close-ups. The tank running over Joe was probably my second favorite thing.

The Herbert sketch was pretty good. It did start dragging a little bit long though with showing him unconsious after he passed out.

Speaking of drawn out, they finally showed a follow-up to the gold poo on American Dad. :shocked: Talk about taking their sweet time on that one.

2-1B
09-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Red Dawn The Musical was hilarious.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Oooh, looks like Fox could get into trouble. The Hummer guy said "Those animals are so f***ing funny!" but it wasn't bleeped out in many cities. There are clips on Youtube, of course. I kind of remember hearing it when it was on, but wasn't sure if was indeed the f-bomb, as I was kind of distracted.

Kidhuman
09-28-2006, 03:29 PM
I was bleeped out here. &

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-05-2006, 09:36 PM
In my humble opinion, tonights new episode was pretty hysterical. Highlights:

A. The commercial for Army was great: "The US Army: AW YEAH!"
B. Stewie shooting two of my favorite minor characters: the 1930's guy and the pianist! They're dead! no!! I loved those two guys; how he played that piano with that idiot grin was great!
C. Marilyn Manson and how he acted/talked, etc. that was good stuff.

All in all, great episode. Glad to see it back! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
11-06-2006, 02:51 AM
I laughed a lot through this episode, the plot(s) was really soft but the jokes both within and outside of it held up. Who was voicing Marilyn Manson in this though? It was a guest star but definitely not MM.

Kidhuman
11-06-2006, 07:06 AM
I thought it was hilarious when Stewie referenced a Peter story and was like "what, no clip. Ok"

Jargo
11-06-2006, 08:12 AM
well i've downloaded all but saving private ryan so far. I don't laugh out loud as much as i used to at this show but it keeps a smile on my face certainly. Some of the voices are starting to sound a little off or too similar and frankly i think after this season it would be a good time to cancel the show before it gets lame. straight to DVD movies would work after that but i don't think McFarlane and co can keep this show running and irreverent and funny and consistently good for much longer. Fewer randon asides would be good too. seems like a lot of the more recent episodes have relied too heavily on digression than actual plot and story.

I do actually purchase the DVD's before anyone lectures me, just download them first while I'm waiting for the DVD release.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I thought it was hilarious when Stewie referenced a Peter story and was like "what, no clip. Ok"

lol i totally forgot to mention that; holy crap, that part was hysterical! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
11-06-2006, 03:18 PM
B. Stewie shooting two of my favorite minor characters: the 1930's guy and the pianist! They're dead! no!! I loved those two guys; how he played that piano with that idiot grin was great!

I laughed hardest at this. When I first saw it I thought "Oh great, they're going to run this joke into the ground. It's getting old." But when Stewie shot them I was in stitches. "Okay, they're dead. They're not coming back."lol

I also laughed at the "Minnie Driver's head" joke.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Pretty decent episode last night. Was glad to see a random cameo from Opie cos he cracks me up. Highlights off the top of my head:

- Stewie's comment about girls who think they are photographers had me laughing my a-- off cos i know about 8 girls who do think they can take pictures and yes, the do the B&W/shadow thing. OH man, that was great.
-Also, stewie's impression of the girls and their voices and how everything goes like thiiiiiiis, has a question, tilts the head, etc. Good stuff.

:thumbsup:

General_Grievous
11-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I loved Peter's hiding spot for his porn. "Oh, she's pretty hot." :D

And Stewie performing for the elderly. "There's a hole in the bottom of the sea....get a nurse...there's a hole in the bottom of the sea..."

Rocketboy
11-13-2006, 08:17 PM
I loved Stewie's comment about Matchbox cars and Quagmire's speech about Wings.

JediTricks
11-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Quagmire liking Wings was funny, and it was even actually in-character since he's a pilot. The ep was fairly entertaining, Jillian chasing the flashlight was too funny, Drew Barrymore did a good job voicing the character.

El Chuxter
11-15-2006, 05:09 PM
So, I noticed both Target and Wal-Mart have exclusive bonus discs in the new set. Different exclusive bonus discs. Any thoughts from anyone who has either?

Phantom-like Menace
11-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Quagmire liking Wings was funny, and it was even actually in-character since he's a pilot.

I didn't think about that when I was watching it, and I've always thought it was pretty cool that Quagmire is a pilot. I've always thought that Quagmire himself is pretty cool. He was a Naval aviator stationed on an aircraft carrier and now flies as a commercial airline pilot, which is a great job for him to have given his sexual urges. He probably views it as a veritable sex tour of the world. Sure, I may not agree with the full extent of those urges but they are funny. There's a lot that can be done with that character.

Jargo
11-17-2006, 05:50 PM
this current season isn't really funny. it's passable viewing but nothing compared to earlier seasons. it seems to have descended into becoming what it parodied to begin with. too many tired and done before storylines. and 'oh aren't we clever and witty' unfunny cutaways. Tres dull.
don't get me wrong, I'm not expecteing it to still have the impact it did when it first aired. but I really don't want it to get run into the ground like the Simpsons.
geting very bored of Seth McFarlane's singing too. Tres dull.

El Chuxter
11-17-2006, 05:57 PM
He's doing Family Guy and American Dad, and I read that he has another series coming out soon. Sounds like he's stretching himself thin.

JediTricks
11-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Seth McFarlane has the live-action series "The Winner", which I am not sure is picked up or not, but I heard the pilot was among the worst things ever developed for TV. He is stretching himself thin I fear just with FG and AD, but FG was going downhill before Fox cancelled it last time as well, I think Seth and the writers just get stale after a season or so.

Bosskman
11-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Finally, we get another overall-funny FG episode. (Simpsons was pretty good too but you can't go wrong with that much Moe). Highlights for me were Grimace, Man-E-Faces, Starscream, and the gay Tetris piece.

El Chuxter
11-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah, Grimace was one of those bits that had me giggling off and on for about ten minutes after the joke was over. Stewie's toys were great, too, but for me the other high point was Adam West's cat-launcher. Totally pointless way to start an episode--in other words, the kind of random stuff they've been trying to pull on The Simpsons for about seven years or so, but it never works there. It was especially great when he started putting the cats back. "Paul. Now that's a funny name for a cat."

Bosskman
11-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the cat launcher was sweet, forgot about it till now. There's this real $%$@! at work that everybody hates and one of the names we call her is Grimace. That made for an especially funny monday morning around work.

JediTricks
11-20-2006, 06:23 PM
A fairly funny episode, not too overwrought with pointless flashbacks and the ones it had were fairly on-theme and funny, and probably my favorite line of the night was Brian asking why the jelly in his sandwich tasted funny and Peter exclaiming from deep in the background "because it was on my crotch." Oh man, that one had me in stitches for 5 minutes, a perfect tie-in to an earlier throwaway gag.

Jargo
11-20-2006, 06:24 PM
so just out of curiosity what was the title of the last episode that aired that was new?

JediTricks
11-20-2006, 06:45 PM
"Prick up your Ears" - they should really show the titles of the episodes at the end of the show, that one is hilarious in context.

Phantom-like Menace
11-21-2006, 12:40 AM
my favorite line of the night was Brian asking why the jelly in his sandwich tasted funny and Peter exclaiming from deep in the background "because it was on my crotch."

Thank you, sir! I was reading posts about how the episode wasn't funny, and all I could think of was how that line set me giggling for a good minute and a half. I even found the setup where he said he was just going to use Smuckers pretty funny by itself.

JediTricks
11-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah, setting it up so far back was great, funny on its own but way better with a real payoff.

I loved the fade-out to the Knight Rider commercial bump, that was awesome!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Pretty medicore episode tonight. Highlight of the episode for me was the "Star Wars" reference ending with the "Curb your Enthusiasm" thing. That was GREAT. I did chuckle at the Mayor of Comedy and Stewie living with Q-Bert. But still SW--> Curb= FANTASTIC. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Agreed JMG, that was awesome.

2-1B
11-26-2006, 10:59 PM
The nod to Curb was fantastic !

Stewie's whole thing with his relationship was great, I thought.

I liked tonight's episode.

El Chuxter
11-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Not bad, but this was one of those nights when American Dad was actually better. Both, of course, had commercials that were better than The Simpsons, which was another especially weak ep.

I did laugh quite loudly when the Curb music started rolling.

Kidhuman
12-18-2006, 07:52 AM
2 damn funny shows last night. Highlights:

The Emperors Dialouge

Sauron losing his contact

Quagmire talking to Meg was a riot

The whole police academy scene

Brian telling off that girl at the dance

Stewie in a dog fight with his 1/2 brother

Specific time...LMAO

wampaslayr
12-18-2006, 11:59 AM
One of the funniest episodes this season. I loved the whole exchange between Brian and Stewie over the pie and the cool whip.

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Last night, the Simpsons was about 35&#37; funny (which has become good for them), American Dad was like 65% funny (about on par for them), but the new Family Guy ep was easily 95% funny, and that ending was the best with Quagmire going all anti-pervy. FG didn't hold back ANY punches this time and it paid off in huge shockers and laughs, Brian's drunken rant at Connie D'amico was so awesome I wanted to replay it right then and there, Chris's lines were so few he was nearly a cameo but it totally worked because of how strong the joke was there, Herbert being the pickpocket trainer was disgustingly funny, and they got Garrett Morris to revisit an old SNL classic gag... and Lois punching Brian over and over was awesome. The only thing I think they could have done better was give more time to Peter and the gang in police academy, I'm glad they didn't because it would have overshadowed the main plot but I think next season they should do a whole flashback episode to the rest of the time they spent there because it just BEGS for it.

Kidhuman
12-18-2006, 05:54 PM
I forgot about the whole(emphasis on the H) wh bits. That was killer.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-28-2007, 09:33 PM
ah man, tonight's episode was very solid with a lot of great stuff.

- the Star Trek funeral was great
- Stewie dancing with Gene Kelly was unbelievable, and pretty damned funny
- Herbert and his "sweet Jesus" comment was hysterical
- Stewie and his teeth chattering was great along with the plug for Jack's Magic shop
- Peter and Meg hanging out was good stuff
- I loved the random ADam West from time to time and his comment about CT was great
- Peter and the andvil was funny stuff.
- And Family Guy referencing my undergrad, OHIO UNIVERSITY, was a very proud moment for me. :crazed:

Overall, i really enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Dude, you forgot the major part which was Stewie car-jacking that dude. I swaer I almost peed myself

General_Grievous
01-29-2007, 03:19 PM
That was the best part of the episode, KH. Plus you can't forget Peter's car stunt and the Sharon Stone praying mantis bit. :D

Kidhuman
01-29-2007, 04:42 PM
And Lando's cool side of the pillow.

JediTricks
01-29-2007, 10:54 PM
A lot of funny jokes in this one, but I felt the episode plot(s) didn't really hold up as well. I wanted more of Mad Meg, but she did kick the crap out of that 1 guy. Stewie when he does Kirk's "he was the most... HUMAN" part was so on-the-nose!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Decent episode tonight. Highlights
- Chris and Herbert singing; that killed me.
- Peter gagging and pulling those scarfs and his long johns out of his stomach.
- Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Peters dad was great....and then Hayden! I thought for sure they'd kill Hayden somehow.
- Peter on crack was kinda funny.

that's all that comes to mind. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
02-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Kind of funny episode that had a few real knee-slappers, but not a memorable episode by itself. Peter with the scarves though... man. :p

General_Grievous
02-13-2007, 04:14 PM
The plane landing on the empty beer bottles. :D

Kidhuman
02-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Stewie and Mother Teresa was hilarious. The beer bottles killed me and the SW spoof was too much. I thought it was an overall great episode and very memorable.

JediTricks
02-14-2007, 10:24 PM
The plane landing on the empty beer bottles. :DYeah, that was really funny stuff, although I think it would have sold better visually if there was a little tarmac visible here and there. Luckily, the sound effect totally carried it to the goal line.

I loved the name of the bar in Ireland: Wifey McBeaty's Tavern
That was classic Family Guy. Peter transforming into Wonder Woman was pretty good too, if a little disturbing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Oh man, i laughed my A-- off tonight. Best episode in a while. Personal highlights:
- Anything vintage Griffin is great!
- Tan Stewie drinking tab was hysterical
- more Herbert=always awesome. He cracks me up.
- the horses from "Brokeback Mountain" was GREAT.
- Tan stewie's antics and the scene with brian and the lotion!
- Peter beating the CRAP out of that kid had me laughing hella hard.
- and was it or was the "C-word" reference lifted from "Arrested Development?" I think it was.
- the muppets!
- the Ferris Bueller reference had me in tears; i won't lie. I just wish they could've used the actual music.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
02-18-2007, 09:45 PM
All of those were great. I also loved Terry the Tiger: "Theeeeeere Food!"

General_Grievous
02-19-2007, 10:08 AM
The Martin Landau scene where he spits everywhere. :D

JediTricks
02-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Really funny episode, I laughed many times. I'm not sure I got satisfying payoff on ANY of the storylines except for Peter the bully - that was awesome stuff luckily. Him whaling on the kid was a scream.

Strangely, American Dad wasn't that bad either tonight, and while it didn't have tight jokes it did have a decent plot payoff (if FG had been playing off of The DaVinci Code and its ilk, you know that wouldn't have paid out for crap).

Kidhuman
02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
I thought FG was ok, and had some good moments. The Stewie jerky line was hialrious as was Peter beating the kid. The Brokeback scene was funny too.

I thought American Dad was pretty funny and has been getting better over the last few weeks. It was definitely playing on The DaVinci Code I thought.

El Chuxter
02-19-2007, 11:25 PM
It looks like more and more of McFarlane's effort is going into American Dad. I think it'd still be a few years before Family Guy is consistently unwatchable like Simpsons, though.

Phantom-like Menace
02-20-2007, 06:17 AM
I liked the Sound of Music marionette gag, and my favorite was Dick Cheney as a Wal-Mart greeter.

JediTricks
02-20-2007, 10:39 PM
my favorite was Dick Cheney as a Wal-Mart greeter.What made that one really shine for me was that the last time he does it, the mom is walking her 2 kids in and one of them looks back in shock at Cheney when nobody else does. Nuance!

UKWildcat
02-20-2007, 10:55 PM
- the Ferris Bueller reference had me in tears; i won't lie. I just wish they could've used the actual music.

That was an awesome reference. The actual music would have been phenominal, but it was still really well done; they did a great job in trying to match it. :thumbsup:

Excellent scene in Ferris too. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
02-21-2007, 12:56 PM
I loved the Ferris tribute in Sunday's episode. I love watching for all the spoofs they do each week.

JediTricks
02-21-2007, 06:32 PM
For some reason, when I woke up today, the revoiced muppets was the funniest thing to me. "Who wants to hear a funny-*** joke?"

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 04:36 PM
For some reason, when I woke up today, the revoiced muppets was the funniest thing to me. "Who wants to hear a funny-*** joke?"

I know what you mean. I didn't laugh at all when it came up during the episode, and if you hadn't brought it up, I would've forgotten it totally. But the more I think about it, the funnier it gets.

JediTricks
02-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh man, I hope "Wokka wokka, who wants to hear a funny-*** joke?" isn't going to be the next stupid thing stuck in my head forever.

Jargo
02-24-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm glad they got the writers dispute sorted. hopefully now they can get back to doing their job and making a decent toon. I hate when there's industry spanners in the works and stuff gets stalled. they may get back to a more regular and more frequent schedule soon too.

for the record i hated the peter's two dads episode. though the musical number at the end was clever and funny.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-24-2007, 04:10 PM
On the episode a few weeks ago, when Anakin came in and said "Hi, I'm Hayden Christensen" . . . something about that had me in freakin' hysterics for a long time. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Slicker
03-05-2007, 01:39 AM
Yet another SW reference in tonights episode.

If you didn't catch it Quagmire was flying a plane and it crash landed. When he landed he said "that was too close" and they pan over and Nien Nunb is in the passenger seat and laughs. I was rolling!!!

I was also rollin' at the part where Meg was in bed and Quagmire's foot comes into picture and into her mouth. She wakes up and he says "didn't mean to wake".

El Chuxter
03-05-2007, 01:56 AM
I allowed that buffoon El Chuxter to watch the Sunday night programs on Fox. He laughed hysterically at this show, particularly the Top Gun flying truck, the Little House ending, the use of the theme music from Airplane!, Adam West reading My Pet Goat, Nien Nunb, Cleveland and Peter at the comedy club ("I hear he played Kramer!"), and especially the fact that someone finally pointed out how godawfully stupid the Blue Collar Comedy Tour was.

I was so sick of his laughter, in fact, I painted one of his cats purple (http://www.literary-cat.cwc.net/images/Purple&#37;20Cat%20Web.jpg)!!

THIS I COMMAND!!

General_Grievous
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Last night's episode was pretty good. I don't know why, but I cracked up when Peter said "Quagmire, you belong in a tree! You're a nut!" :D

Phantom-like Menace
03-05-2007, 03:50 PM

If you didn't catch it Quagmire was flying a plane and it crash landed. When he landed he said "that was too close" and they pan over and Nien Nunb is in the passenger seat and laughs. I was rolling!!!

I was also rollin' at the part where Meg was in bed and Quagmire's foot comes into picture and into her mouth. She wakes up and he says "didn't mean to wake".

All the above and the Top Gun part were hilarious.

JediTricks
03-05-2007, 05:22 PM
This was one of those uneven eps that works despite itself for whatever reasons, whether it's pacing or zaniness or just individual jokes. I thought it was pretty darn good. That "Little House" ending with Quagmire really threw me, and even that worked. That's not to say there weren't jokes that felt flat, but mainly it held up.

If you didn't catch it Quagmire was flying a plane and it crash landed. When he landed he said "that was too close" and they pan over and Nien Nunb is in the passenger seat and laughs. I was rolling!!!Yeah, that was great, I was on the phone with my sister and she didn't get the ref, but she did suspect it was SW-related.

Last night's episode was pretty good. I don't know why, but I cracked up when Peter said "Quagmire, you belong in a tree! You're a nut!" :DYeah, that coupled with Lois' reaction had me laughing way more than it should have.

General_Grievous
03-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, that coupled with Lois' reaction had me laughing way more than it should have.

The delivery nailed it for me on that one. Also, Quagmire and the pacifier was kinda funny.

2-1B
03-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey Slicker, how about Peter's crotch shot ala Britney ? ;)

Slicker
03-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey Slicker, how about Peter's crotch shot ala Britney ? ;)
That had me rollin' too! I forgot about that. I liked the use of the real picture with Peter put over it. Made it that much better. :thumbsup:

2-1B
03-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Paris Hilton looked like she was enjoying it. :grin:

UKWildcat
03-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I thought it was hilarious when Brian day-dreamed/remembered Stewie beating the crap out of him saying "Give me my money man!" That scene was hilaroius last season and I thought they did a great job in incorporating that in this episode. Brian let him go ahead and drink that dip spit. lol :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
03-06-2007, 07:06 AM
I thought it was hilarious when Brian day-dreamed/remembered Stewie beating the crap out of him saying "Give me my money man!" That scene was hilaroius last season and I thought they did a great job in incorporating that in this episode. Brian let him go ahead and drink that dip spit. lol :thumbsup:

That was my favorite part of the episode.

I thought it was ok, possibly because I read this thread before I watched it and knew the jokes where coming maybe. The whole tree/nut line was ok, but Lois killed me when she starting cracking up

Phantom-like Menace
03-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I forgot to mention all of the Chinese women Quagmire had in his trunk and garage. "Don't worry about it! They're tagged! They're tagged!"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I loved the Nien Nunb part (of course) and when Cleveland had Joe's legs on strings when they walked onto the plane. :D