PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Hockey League

Kidhuman
09-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Is anyone willing to do a fantasy hockey league. I have one set up soPM me or post your email addy and I will invite you.

Rogue II
09-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Sure, I'll play.

rjg426@yahoo.com

Anakin2121
09-05-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm in too.

mabudonicus
09-06-2003, 01:01 PM
I'm not up on this business... better send me some sort of explanation, man, I don't wanna bog things down with ignorance

Tonysmo
09-07-2003, 01:41 AM
My yahoo site will probably try to charge me, or will break down and cry if I try to add one more league to it..
AH hell..

Ill do it.. but Im in the same boat with Mabudon.. The only thing I can count on with Hockey is the Blues WILL make it to the playoffs.. only to LOSE THEIR ASSESS OFF yet again.. Wha? nah.. Im not bitter..

Kidhuman
09-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Just lemme get your email Tonysmo and I willsend you an invite. Dont worry about the league total, baseball will be ending soon. :cry:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Sign me up kidhuman. I had fun with the NHL Sir Steve's League last year. My brother who also played in the league last year is interested.

My E-mail is HomerJ208@cs.com

Kidhuman
09-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Invite sent LBC. Just waiting for hopefully 4 more. 2 more will do but 4 or more would be great. Anyone else. Caesar, bobafrett??????????? anyone?

Tonysmo, I sent an invite to your hotmail account. I wasnt sure if it was a yes or no, so I got your email from the baseball league and sent you one. Hope you dont mind.

Tonysmo
09-08-2003, 12:05 AM
YOU WHAT?!?! lol.. Got it. Ill sign up tonight..
Thanks bud.

Jon
09-08-2003, 05:26 AM
I'd like to play. I need to redeem my last place finish last season. I will pm you my email

Kidhuman
09-08-2003, 07:05 AM
Sent to you Jon

Jon
09-08-2003, 05:22 PM
I'm signed up. Let's drop the puck. I am a little upset that Hasek is not available to be pre ranked yet...what's up with that? And Tonysmo, I do enjoy seeing the Wings draw St. Louis in the playoffs, it is like a bye for us. :D

Kidhuman
09-08-2003, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I was looking for Hasek as well and didnt see him. Oh well, It will be a race toget him on waivers I guess

Kidhuman
09-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Alrighty, we got six teams so far. If no one else signs up I will set the draft for next week. Lemme know when you guys are ready to go.

seth_quinn
09-10-2003, 07:38 AM
sounds like fun, but like mabudon, I'll need a little explanation. check your pm for an email add

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 07:42 AM
Seth, it basically is a draft set up. You select the players you would like on your team, we draft and you get some of them most likely. We then go head to head for the season with playoffs at the end of the regular season. It is fun and all. Invite sent.

We need on more team to make eight anyone?

seth_quinn
09-10-2003, 08:48 AM
all set up and ready for the draft...

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Did anyome send the info to one of their friends? If so please lemme know. If you didnt I am booting him. Thank you

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-10-2003, 10:57 PM
If you are referring to the new signee tonight, Senor Ding D0ng's, that would be me.

My brother will register probably over the weekend.

Maybe I should have picked a more tasteful name.

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 11:02 PM
okay, no problem. I thought you had signed up already. After your brother and JMG that will be 10. If we get two more then we would be good, but 10 is good. Anyone else?

Edited for spelling :eek:

Kidhuman
09-15-2003, 06:52 AM
We now have 11 teams. We need one more to get rolling. It wont let us start with an odd number of teams. Anyone else interested????

seth_quinn
09-15-2003, 12:51 PM
I pointed pegger (who's already in) and The Overlord Returns in this direction (don't think he took the bait)

Kidhuman
09-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Okay, 12 teams in. Draft is set. it said should be done by Sat. morning, maybe sooner. Hope all have their drafts ready.

Kidhuman
09-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Hold on there, buddy. I'm still the reigning SSG Fantasy Hockey Champ!

So, it is you I have to take down. :D

Rogue II
09-17-2003, 06:30 AM
Wow, that was fast. The teams have been drafted...and I am happy because I didn't draft Lindros this year

Kidhuman
09-17-2003, 02:44 PM
You aint kidding that was fast. Man I need a goalie, anyone need a center?

seth_quinn
09-17-2003, 04:14 PM
I've never been in one of these before but I'm pretty happy with the team I got.
probably better than 1/2 my forward picks and all three of my goaltenders.
have 3 f and no d on my bench, that might be a problem.

Kidhuman
09-17-2003, 04:34 PM
I got D for you if you got a goalie for me.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-17-2003, 09:54 PM
I am satisfied with my team, but like kidhuman, I need a goalie. I have Curtis Joseph, who's status is in limbo now. Hoepfully, he is not relegated to back-up because if so, Hasek would probably play the brunt of the games. I also have a back-up goalie in Brent Johnson of St. Louis who will not see many games this year because the Blues have Osgood.

BTW, my brother (Moe's Tavern) claims that he finished as league champion last year. I told him that he either won the playoffs or the regular season. Rogue II can you shed some light on this?

Rogue II
09-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I guess he won that league and I won my other league. I got them mixed up, sorry.:(

seth_quinn
09-18-2003, 01:17 AM
ah man, I dunno, Giguere, Roloson, Legace. who are you offering up to make me break up that trio? :D

Jon
09-18-2003, 04:32 PM
I emailed Yahoo Sports Support for info on the mysterious absence of Dominik Hasek and I was told that due to NHLPA rules rookies & returning players out of retirement cannot be made available until after they have joined the players union again. So I was told after Hasek plays his first game he will be entered into the Fantasy Available Players. They also said they were waiting for word from the NHLPA if he could be added prior to his first game but have not received a response yet. So if you have goalie problems there will most likely be a Hasek race after opening night.

Kidhuman
09-18-2003, 04:46 PM
So if you have goalie problems there will most likely be a Hasek race after opening night.

And since I finalize all transactions, and have goalie problems, :evil: :evil: :evil:

Seth, I offered you a trade in the league.

BTW I am just kidding about Hasek. I wouldnt do that. First come first serve I feel.

seth_quinn
09-25-2003, 04:19 PM
sorry for disappearing guys, been a bit under the weather, same deal every september, sleep with the window open, catch a cold.

...anyway, kidhuman & moe's tavern, regretfully I will have to decline your trade offers. even though it will probably come back to haunt me, I'm sticking with the team that I've been dealt. (for now).

as for Hasek, if he becomes available, let kidhuman have him, if nothing more than for a thank you for taking the time to set-up/run this pool.

Kidhuman
03-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Well guys, playoffs start next week. Good Luck to all of ya. Season went by fast didnt it

Jon
03-06-2004, 09:05 AM
After last season's disaster I am making the playoffs this year and I think I have a real good shot. My goalies almost gurantee at least 3 or 4 points each week. Good Luck to Everyone!

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Well, the playoffs have eliminated 4 teams already. Good luck to those left over the next two weeks of play. The matches set up now will last for two weeks. Gonna be fun. JJreason and LBC's bro battle it out for first and second, while Rogue II and myself battle it for third and fourth place.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Good Luck to all. I managed to sneak into the playoffs this year (which hopefully the Buffalo Sabres will follow suit and do) :)

I made a few costly mistakes this year, like dropping injured players a little too late, and neglecting to start a line-up on nights in which I would have killed. But I have a few superstars on my team and I am hoping to ride on their coattails. I know it's a cliche, but may the best team win.

Kidhuman
03-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Good Luck to all. I managed to sneak into the playoffs this year (which hopefully the Buffalo Sabres will follow suit and do) :)

We all make the playoffs. :) :beard:

jjreason
04-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Well the regular season has come to an end, and I'm online now waiting for the final tally to be posted regarding the pool. The games have been over for hours, yet Yahoo hasn't updated. Roloson had a shutout for me today, and LBC's goalie Nabokov gave up 3 against their opposition today. I'm crossing my fingers hoping I can sneak back and scoop a couple of goalie categories as a result: save percentage and gaa. I also got a pp marker from Roman Hamrlik today, which might break the tie in that category - unless one of his guys got one.

All in all, I've been getting just PASTED for 2 weeks, but may have snuck out a couple of categories on the last day of the season to make it close. IF, and I say IF very loosely :D , the categories were to be split... what would they use as a tie breaker? Likely goals, which would have me runner up. If they were to give it to the lower seeded team out of pity - well then I'd be the champ. It's all moot though until they update the stats.

Kidhuman
04-05-2004, 07:08 AM
Congrats to Moes tavern on winning the league. JJ in 2nd, Rogue II 3rd and me 4th. Been a great year folks, thanks to all for playing. On to Baseball now. :beard:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Congratulations to all for a wonderful season.

KH forgot to mention :p that I won the consolation (Loser's) bracket. So :p to everyone!

My brother gets really into his fantasy leagues and will scour through the stat sheets and box scores to find a steal. His hard work and dedication paid off as he is the champ for the second year in a row at Sir Steves. I told him next year he should find a different league since he ain't a registered member. Then I slapped him across the face and that made him cry. :)

jjreason
04-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Yes, congrats to Moe's. I managed to sneak back a little closer at the end, but he still beat me hands down in 6 categories, with a sneak in save percentage to handle me easily, 7-3. Good luck to everyone involved in the baseball pool.