PDA

View Full Version : Questions that have been bothering me about all Star Wars books

greengoblin3825
09-05-2003, 08:11 PM
I managed to get on a Star Wars book kick about a month ago, picking up hardcovers and what not. To make up the wait time for the Final Prophecy.As a side note I am trying to read chronilogically. A lot of stuff I hadn't read (ie; Planet of Twilight, and a couple of others). My questions are as follows; one after Children of the Jedi story and Planet of Twilight what the heck happens or happened to Callista. Secondly is is it mentioned anywhere about the connection of the droids to Anakin/ Vader or Padme or is Lucas holding off till EP3? Any answers would be appreciated

InsaneJediGirl
09-06-2003, 08:27 PM
I havent seen any EP3 Spoiler-possible material lately or that I can remember except for Clone Wars Vol #1

Callista..Hmm.I think she just left Luke..kinda wandered into her own path.She was good for nothing anyways:Dlol.Anyone have a real answer

Bel-Cam Jos
09-07-2003, 09:51 AM
I'm pretty sure Callista is dead. Thought her soul/spirit was in a different body for a time, but I think she allowed herself to fade away. Can't recall the book with that, though.

kool-aid killer
09-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Its been a while since ive read any of the books. I liked them (its always great to read more about the star wars universe) but what bothered me was how many of the stories didnt exactly match up with one another. But i recall hearing about how they were going to correct them. I dont think it meant that they would go back and rewrite the stories but just that each new book would fit in well with the others.

InsaneJediGirl
09-07-2003, 07:44 PM
I agree Kool-Aid Killer.Did you see that explaination of Luke and Mara's marriage during the YJK Series in the Star Wars Insider?How pitiful,I wish they would flow a bit more.

Some more about Callista

After the defeat of Dzym and Seti Ashgad, Callista again fled Luke, joining Umolly Darm and Be' as rock ivory hunters until she found her way in the Force.

So she's dead or a rock hunter?

kool-aid killer
09-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Ive looked through various comic books and is it me, or do the Jedi look like wimps? I always thought that they were all supposed to be awesome fighters and to kill one would be very uncommon for a regular person but it just seems like every time i look through something they die very easily.

El Chuxter
09-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Callista moved to the Planet Crap with Waru and several other lame characters that never should have been. :)

C-3PO mentions in Union: "When I first met Master Skywalker on Tatooine, ironically the planet of my creation. . . ." So he at least knows where he was made.

greengoblin3825
09-09-2003, 01:07 AM
Callista moved to the Planet Crap with Waru and several other lame characters that never should have been. :)

C-3PO mentions in Union: "When I first met Master Skywalker on Tatooine, ironically the planet of my creation. . . ." So he at least knows where he was made.
I think the part that makes me the most angry is that, we can get a full sized map of the freakin galaxy, but officially there is no timeline that fits the comics and books together. I'm rereading the jedi academy trilogy and they casually pass off luke's turn to the dark side and the return of the emperor like it's old news. being a rabis star wars fan and comic book nut I know that scene or story is in dark empire, however for the casual fan(is there such a thing, i think not) it's a trifle bit confusion is there an official timeline incorporating everything including comics and what not or one that is fairly dead on that's unofficial that someone can share a link to ?

Darth Jax
09-09-2003, 09:26 PM
the essential chronology gives the 'official' timeline for star wars. but as more books/comics come out it becomes more and more off.

look at the problems with continuity even with just the original trilogy. now expand that to cover 20+ years of multiple authors telling bits of the story. add on to that the number of comic series and now video game storylines and it's a hodge-podge of information. that's why theres the purist who insist that only the movies are canon (and the diehards who feel that only the OT count) and will have nothing to do with EU.