PDA

View Full Version : Sam's Club 3-packs question

JangoFart
09-07-2003, 02:27 AM
I was under the impression that there were only 6 different POTF2 3-packs sold by Sam's Club. (1) the orange ANH Ben, Luke, and Vader; (2) the orange ANH R2, 3PO, and Stormtrooper; (3) the orange ESB Lando, Chewie, and Han; (4) the green ANH Luke Stormtrooper, Tusken, and Ben; (5) the ESB Lando, Luke Dagobah, and TIE Pilot; and (6) the green ROTJ Leia Boushh; Luke Jedi, and AT-ST Driver.

I know a dude who claims to have an orange pack with TIE pilot, Boba Fett, and Vader; as well as an orange pack with Luke Tatooine, R2, and 3PO. I believe him, but since he's not the original owner, I'm of the thinking he has a home-made set. (As in, someone bought an orange set and put these particular figures in there.)

Am I wrong, or were there only the 6 I listed above? I can't for the life of me think of ever hearing about these other 2 sets.

J

Turbowars
09-15-2003, 11:07 PM
It's Fake My Man!!!!

JangoFart
09-17-2003, 01:31 AM
I'm not so sure, my man. I should have 'em this week. I'll let ya know, since the forums didn't exactly turn out to be a wealth of info on the subject.

J

Turbowars
09-17-2003, 01:43 AM
I'm not so sure, my man. I should have 'em this week. I'll let ya know, since the forums didn't exactly turn out to be a wealth of info on the subject.

J Go to POTF2.com and ask there. If there's someone that knows 100% then it's that site.

JangoFart
09-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Got 'em today. They are indeed custom jobs - poor ones at that, as there is tape ALL OVER the back. But, all is not lost. For 20 bucks, I got a SS Vader, full-circle Fett, and SS Luke - as well as a 3PO and R2. Already had the 3PO, R2, and full-circle Fett, but these appear to be in slightly better shape then the ones I had.

Off to eBay to sell these suckers individually. :)

J

Turbowars
09-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Sucker!!!!!!

JangoFart
09-18-2003, 12:02 AM
Dude, 20 bucks for 6 orange carded figures ain't too shabby. Especially in light of the fact that I'll sell the ones I don't want for 10 bucks. So, I got 3 figures I didn't have for 10 bucks. That's a deal I'd like to have come my way more often, in all honesty. Stick whatever you want in those Sam's packs so nobody will buy 'em - nobody but me, that is :)

J

Kidhuman
09-18-2003, 12:48 AM
I do that all the time Jango, If the price is good on the lot and I have so me of the figures, I will buy it anyway. I bought three mail aways and 2 orange cards that I already had for 18 dollars. Couldnt beat that deal either. Sell away and get your money back it sounds like.

Turbowars
09-22-2003, 03:04 AM
I do that all the time Jango, If the price is good on the lot and I have so me of the figures, I will buy it anyway. I bought three mail aways and 2 orange cards that I already had for 18 dollars. Couldnt beat that deal either. Sell away and get your money back it sounds like. Yeah but he wasn't buying basic figures, he was buying a one of a kind 3 pack. The seller is a punk and should get negative feedback. Why did you think it was real Jango? I mean there's a few guys around that know their stuff about the POTF2 line and you bought it anyways.:confused: Just giving you crap old Fart.

Kidhuman
09-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Granted, it was fake, but in the long run it worked out for him because he is missing 1/2 the figures. It was a good deal so either way it worked out for him. If he was only getting it because it was an exclusive and he got burned, then it would be different. So, in the long run he got duped but came out ahead, and if he sold the extras and got his money back, then it was even better.

Rogue II
09-22-2003, 11:41 AM
JangoFart seems to have asked the question over at GH as well and it was answered(well, somewhat) in the weekly Q&A.

Turbowars
10-11-2003, 07:46 PM
JangoFart seems to have asked the question over at GH as well and it was answered(well, somewhat) in the weekly Q&A. Yeah it was answered and gee quess what the answer was? A big fake. Come on guys, I was born at night, but not last night.:D