PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Value Packs - Wal-Mart Exclusive!!!

Beast
09-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Apperantly we now know who was getting these. Though it's a crying shame that it turned out to be Wal-Mart. The store that basically flipped the middle fingure to Hasbro over Star Wars. I would have been much happier to see them go to Target, TRU, or hell...even KB. But they are supposedly out, so get out there and start hunting.
Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
09-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Guess that means I won't be getting any since my Wal-Mart isn't evening getting new basic figures.

Hellboy
09-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Well the plus side is if any other retailer like TRU or KB would have gotten these they probably would have sold for around $10. I hope my Wal-Mart expands their SW section from the current 2 pegs wide 4 high format or I'll probably never see them either. :frus: I think the only thing they have faith in selling are those blasted lightsabers.

keithfite
09-08-2003, 10:40 PM
thats true man. my wal mart stocks up on lightsabers like they are the greatest thing since whatever was really great. They never get figures. I would say im in trouble. I wont be finding these.

Kidhuman
09-09-2003, 07:35 AM
Keep hope alive guys. My Wally World finnaly got some newer figs in. I bought a gold mine yesterday, 5 figures. Its a gold mine for 2003 at least.

evenflow
09-09-2003, 08:59 AM
Thats too bad its Walmart, none by me. Not like it matters anyway, I have not found anything in stores in months, maybe almost a year.

InsaneJediGirl
09-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Hopefully as Christmas shopping starts in full swing,WM will see it fit to actually stock.I agree with you on the lightsabers,WM acts like the sabers are a gift sent from the Retail Gods:rolleyes:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-09-2003, 01:04 PM
*reads post* :eek:

*sees price* :greedy:

*rushes to Wal-Mart* :evil:

JEDIpartner
09-09-2003, 01:19 PM
*reads post* :eek:

*sees price* :greedy:

*rushes to Wal-Mart* :evil:

Comes home empty-handed and sad...

jpak001
09-10-2003, 01:50 AM
Yes! It's all true, I found a Yoda/Yellow CT at WM in Anaheim today. Very nice! I'm very happy with this thing, you cant beat the price.

There weren't any others and it was stashed away in the Lego section. Check those hiding spots!

Beast
09-10-2003, 04:11 AM
Sounds like they are shipping in pretty good quantaties. Since they come evenly packed at 12 per case. 4 of each style. Pretty good. And watch those endcaps, because it looks like they are coming in special display shipping cases. News from Rebelscum. :)

Clone Trooper Value Packs

Philip: Interestingly, the case came with 12 cards (24 figures), evenly packed, inside two ready-to-show display cases. Even the cards were already hanging on built-in pegs inside the display cases.

In the photos above, I've removed the three cardboard spacers each had to keep the cards from banging around. On top of one of the displays you can see I've just set what appears to be a display insert that came in the bottom of the case. It looks to be scored and ready to bend and push in the bottom of each display, though there was just one of them included.

I can confirm each figure comes with the same clone each time so there aren't multiple sets of cards to collect for each figure.

Sorry to say, I didn't get them from an online store. A friend in Hong Kong got them for me.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stad
09-10-2003, 04:26 AM
Yes, that's exactly how they come, I found these last night. The case has two displays in it, with six sets in each display. Also, one cardboard insert at the bottom of the case, I don't know why only one. I ended up just buying a whole little display, and I'll try to add the pic below.

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 07:38 AM
Nice, so I figure these will be in my Wal-Mart around 2005.

force
09-10-2003, 09:35 AM
I've said it it before when my WM's were holding back their POTJ Tie Bombers and Snow Speeders for the midnight madness sales that was associated with the SAGA figures release and I will say it again, Walmart is the embodyment of the Trade Federation. They are better suited for selling such things as boxes of cerial, socks, and car batteries, etc.; but not collectibles. Sam Walton would turn over in his grave if he knew how many paying customers have been turned away in frustration!

Regards,
Force

JEDIpartner
09-10-2003, 10:24 AM
I've said it before... Walmart is the embodiment of the Trade Federation.
Mister... you rock! :D

LTBasker
09-10-2003, 01:32 PM
I wish they'd make up their minds. First they're not gonna carry Clone Wars stuff, now they're gonna carry these exclusively. Yeesh. I'd like to know where the heck they're gonna stock these and the normal figures, the two Wal-Mart here have only 6 pegs for SW figures. 'Course I guess it would be an issue if they stocked figures anymore. Lightsabers are an easy find!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm glad these are at Wal-Mart. I'm gonna go look there today, I mean why would you get regular Anakin, Yoda and ARC trooper figures when you can get them with a free clone trooper! I figures these'd be $10, but damn!!!

OC47150
09-10-2003, 04:30 PM
The SW section at my local WM just gets smaller and smaller. Two pegs of pegwarmers, the new Saga lightsabers and nothing else. The cantina sets are in the clearance section.

Val Da Car
09-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Yours still has Cantina selections....mine sold out by Dec....only got one case of the Holiday (I saw it on the pallet) and that was it.

Ric Olie
09-10-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm glad that I may be able to buy some Clone Wars figures now, hopefully my local Stall-Mart will put these figures out.

If you notice Hasbro has to make their own display stand and already have it ready to go because Stall-Mart doesn't know hat the heck they are doing.All they have to do now is open the box and put the display somewhere. Hopefully they won't screw this up. Hasbro has made it so a monkey could sell these two packs. We'll see.

force
09-11-2003, 08:28 AM
Score! One of my three area wm had the bonus figures affixed to an end cap. Every once in a while it pays to shop at WM. A few posts back I read that someone had seen a box of the holiday set at their WM. Are there any WM that are currently carring these, as they were a no show here?

Val Da Car
09-11-2003, 01:38 PM
That was me having a flashback from Dec of last year..

OC47150
09-12-2003, 07:37 AM
The WMs in my area just clearanced the cantina sets the first of August. They're $5.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Well, WM didn't have these yesterday. Hopefully they'll get them soon. :)

OC47150
09-12-2003, 04:46 PM
They go FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nick83
09-12-2003, 06:12 PM
I just got my value packs today. Here a some pictures. I couldn't get a good picture of my arc troopers but I did of yoda and anakin. Just thought I would let ya'll know the ones I found were not in the star wars section but were on the side of an endcap next to the clearance section. No where close to the star wars stuff.

Banthaholic
09-12-2003, 06:50 PM
I've been checking Wal-mart the past 3 days, and nothing...
I just can't wait to find these so I don't have to go to the store anymore.
I'm still abit upset at Hasbro about these. Wal-mart totally disses Star Wars, opts not to carry some of the line, and Hasbro rewards them. Give them an exclusive that in turn will turn TRU & Target's clone war figures into Pegwarmers.
You figure who is going to pay just $4.77 for Anakin when they can have Anakin with a free clone for the same price. (Although I did, but's that's another story). So Hasbro is rewarding Target & TRU for carrying CW merchandise by making their CW merchandise into sure pegwarmers.

Old Fossil
09-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Man, I really dig the yellow Clone and the ARC Trooper. I've been hitting WM once a day looking for these things, checking endcaps & the measly Star Wars section, hoping, wondering, cursing...

bobafrett
09-13-2003, 11:13 AM
Yes! I found these yesterday at the Wal-Mart in Gurnee. I wasn't going to stop at WM as I had stopped at TRU and Target not finding much new. I dragged my feet into the WM there, and saw the same dissapointing small section of figures with the lightsabers. Then as I was walking out of the store, there on a sidekick (a section that hangs next to an endcap) I found the value packs! Great price, doesn't look like the clones have much articulation, but for the price, who can argue.

When I went to pay for the value packs, the cashier said, "Oh, these must be something new, I had a guy earlier today buy 10 of these".

Old Fossil
09-13-2003, 01:13 PM
When I went to pay for the value packs, the cashier said, "Oh, these must be something new, I had a guy earlier today buy 10 of these".

Criminy! That scalper needs a sound thrashing with a gaffi stick! :mad:

Kidhuman
09-13-2003, 01:53 PM
I went to my Wal-Mart and they had squat. Same figures I left there last week

keithfite
09-13-2003, 03:23 PM
I went to wal mart and they had the value packs. Just like every ones said they were at the end of an aisle hanging by themselves in a kind of hard to find area. They were sitting low in there own personal stand. I got 3 yodas, 3 anakins, and 2 ARC. I think there was one anakin and one ARC when I left. But these are very cool.
Its deffinately a value 16 figures I got for $44

Val Da Car
09-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Can someone post the Walmart product code so I can have the customer service desk find out if they are getting these figures in....

I stopped in the "Super"Walmart in Racine, WI and they said " I have no idea if were are getting those in...maybe at the end of September or October. Try going to Gurnee, IL and look there" ....(btw the Gurnee store is 30 miles south of me and I already travelled 25 minutes to get to that one).

What a dummy....oh yeah she was a "Customer Service Manager".....nice work....hey maybe she should call them down in Gurnee for me.....naw that is expecting to much from them.....

I can see this in the store planning/buyers' meeting:

Here...let's order a special value pack..put it out early anywhere in the store....and hope someone finds it to buy it from us.....that's a GREAT IDEA!!!!!

All I need is a DOGMA moment (Mooby Board Meeting scene......) ahhh now I feel much better...

movie reference.....not that I would condone any of that behavior.......

nick83
09-13-2003, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure if which is the product code so I will post all of the number codes

Arc Trooper Anakin Yoda
Bar code 076930847534 076930847527 076930847541
PN 6266450100 6266450000 6266450200
Asst. 84753/85205 84752/85205 84754/85205

Hope this helps and good luck on finding the value packs.

Val Da Car
09-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Thanks a ton...maybe I can help my WM check their stock...

jobi
09-14-2003, 04:13 PM
Yeah I picked up one of each yesterday. Good deal for $4.77.

bkeddinger
09-15-2003, 07:53 AM
What color troopers are people finding? I'd rather not pick up the tree packs for the green and blue guys if I don't have too. Thanks. :p

JEDIpartner
09-15-2003, 08:21 AM
They are only available as White, Yellow and Blue. Each colour comes with the same main figure every time... There is no packing variation.

Val Da Car
09-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Right JP, and the clone army builder three pack comes in Blue, Green, Yellow and plain no coloring.

But here is a question...if all of the clones are made from Jango wouldn't they all be the same rank since they get trained the same way and and have the same experience?

(just a hypothesis)

force
09-15-2003, 06:18 PM
My thoughts:

-It may be safe to say that those clones that are created on a particular day in a particular batch would be the same rank. However, if the clones where created over several days / years in several batchs as the movie shows than it seems reasonable that the older or first few batchs would have had the greatest number of days / hours or training. They would naturally be in a better position to command those with less training.

Regards,
Force

Hellboy
09-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Well what sucks for me is 1 scalper in my area apparently cleaned out ALL the Wal-Marts around here so finding these are going to be a pain in the you know what. I did however find the Yellow CT 3-pack today at Target so I guess I shouldn't complain, but man I hate scalpers. :frus:

BTW Val Da Car you forgot we're getting a red CT in 3-pack form as well. ;)

Dr Zoltar
09-15-2003, 06:57 PM
I'm worried about finding these as well. My Wal-Mart just moved everything around so finding the regular figs was a pain. Now I have to figure out where the heck these special 2 packs are supposed to go since there is no room near the single carded figs. I searched all over the toy department and didn't even find a spot labelled for these. I sincerely hope a scalper didn't already snatch them up. Damn you Wal-Mart....

Val Da Car
09-15-2003, 09:50 PM
oohh Thanks guys for the clarification (both on the color I missed and the training)....and I suppose that as the Kamino said in the movie how each batch past the original can lose some of the original skills (I think that is what Taun We said)

thespar
09-15-2003, 10:01 PM
I was surpise you i found the at my walmart. I start by hitting up my local target friday night not finding much no exc the cw rubplic ship, what to Toys R Us nothing new the (do not know if i should kick myself now or later for not pick the jedi conical or douke and crew), super walmart nothing new pick them up all last week, went to the reg walmart saw nothing all most walk out but stop to look at some other figs and there up high next to the canta scene and their one yoda, three ankin, and two arc tropper i recall right when i left they are all one shorter then when i walked in.

scruffziller
09-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Nice, so I figure these will be in my Wal-Mart around 2005.
In universe G.:D................:(

Dr Zoltar
09-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Found these today at one of two Wal-Marts I checked. They were of course logically placed near the Hot Wheels. :confused:

Vegeta Jr
09-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Is it worth it to call Walmart and ask them if they have any of the value packs and have them check with the asst. #'s, etc? Or are all walmart customer service people unhelpful?

Ric Olie
09-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Looked at my local Wal-Mart again today nothing! :mad: They had boxes of toys they still needed to put out so maybe they were in there.

Dr Zoltar
09-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Is it worth it to call Walmart and ask them if they have any of the value packs and have them check with the asst. #'s, etc? Or are all walmart customer service people unhelpful?Don't know if I'd call the sales people unhelpful, but I think something like that would fall under the "it's not our policy" speech. TRU will, but again, their store is all toys. The associates have so much stock to keep track of it would really surprise me if they knew what you were even talking about. You could always give it a shot. Just be sure to ask for the head of the Toys department.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-16-2003, 05:12 PM
I got a Yoda/Clone Commander pack last night! Woo-hoo! He was the last one, so hopefully they'll get more in soon. They were not near the regular SW stuff, but in a display in a different aisle. Look at the ello girl's building crap endcap, go a little bit to the right, and there you have it. They weren't on the endcap, but in the aisle very near to the endcap. Hopefully I can get Anakin and the ARC soon. :)

Old Fossil
09-16-2003, 05:23 PM
I was surpise you i found the at my walmart.

Exactly!!!

sith_killer_99
09-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Well, I hate to say it, but maybe Wal-Mart did the right thing by not carrying the other stuff. I have had an easier time finding CW 3 packs, Screen Scenes AND Wal-Mart bonus packs than I have had finding Wat, Coleman, Padme', etc.

If Wal-Mart knew ahead of time that they were going to get these them they did the right thing by not carrying the 3 packs, etc.

Just my 2 cents. I may be biased, since I have had a lot of luck finding new stuff lately...and still no later wave 2003 figs. :mad:

BTW, be sure to check EVERYWHERE around the toy department. I am usually pretty good at finding new displays, locations, etc. But I had to ask a helpful Wal-Mart stocker to find these bonus packs. :D

OC47150
09-24-2003, 02:32 PM
I looked high and low at my WM last night and didn't find any.

force
09-24-2003, 02:50 PM
Try looking up at the checkout at your WM. It's been a while since I've seen this done, but sometimes WM will put SW by their checkouts.

OC47150
09-24-2003, 04:09 PM
I will do that. Thanks!

jedi master sal
09-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by bobafrett

Criminy! That scalper needs a sound thrashing with a gaffi stick! :mad:

I got news for ya man, it's not just scalpers but army builders who will snag these up. Don't always assume it's a scalper, just because they bought a huge amount of toys. I know if I saw all of these at once I'd buy them all. Many for myself but I'd buy for a few other fellow collecting friends of mine as well. Maybe that's what that guy was doing also. He could have been buying those for friends of his as well as himself.

Not trying to come down on you, just putting things into a different perspective.

Right JP, and the clone army builder three pack comes in Blue, Green, Yellow and plain no coloring.

But here is a question...if all of the clones are made from Jango wouldn't they all be the same rank since they get trained the same way and and have the same experience?

(just a hypothesis)

They were not all created equal. Some were not as tampered with so as to give them more thinking processess. Basically the Commanders (yellow) clones are the most independent and smartest clones out there-with possible exception to the ARC Trooper. Then the Red Captain and so on.

BTW, I'm a proud owner of 1 set of each. Took them all out of the package and they are awesome. I am estatic that they used the Red Clone as the Base figure for the bonus packs. This should have happened all along.

Great price too!

OC47150
09-25-2003, 12:31 PM
I have a friend who collects Hot Wheels on the lookout for me.

El Chuxter
09-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Are these still shipping? I came across one each of the Yoda and Ani sets almost three weeks ago. Since that day, I've checked two Wal-Marts daily. Though neither has gotten more value packs, the one that didn't have them before has got the single-carded version of Yoda, Ani, and Larry the ARC-Trooper, which has me worried. :(

Val Da Car
09-25-2003, 04:41 PM
nope so far it appears that the Value packs may have been a single shot (no replenish)...according to the customer service reps that looked up the UPC codes for the value packs in their system.

ANEEL
09-25-2003, 08:03 PM
nope so far it appears that the Value packs may have been a single shot (no replenish)...according to the customer service reps that looked up the UPC codes for the value packs in their system.

PICKED UP 2 OF EACH AT THE UPLAND WALMART ,THEY ARE GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
NOW TO HUNT DOWN THE MULTI PACK CLONERS (RED,GREEN,YELLOW)

Mandalorian Candidat
09-26-2003, 02:32 PM
BTW, be sure to check EVERYWHERE around the toy department. I am usually pretty good at finding new displays, locations, etc. But I had to ask a helpful Wal-Mart stocker to find these bonus packs. :D

True. I found the display over by the dolls, not by any "male-oriented" playthings. I guess they just put them where they can.

Ric Olie
09-30-2003, 04:00 PM
I've looked at 4 different Wal-Mart each numerous times in the last few weeks and I still haven't seen the value packs. :mad:

OC47150
09-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Other than the destroyer droid three-pack, I have seen any of the army builder sets either. I know people who've found them but not me. :(

ANEEL
09-30-2003, 04:24 PM
I've looked at 4 different Wal-Mart each numerous times in the last few weeks and I still haven't seen the value packs. :mad:

THEY CAME AND NOW THEY ARE GONE,WALMART NOW ARE GETTING SINGLE PACK CLONE WARS FIGURES.I LUCKED OUT LAST WEEK ON THOSE VALUE PACKS.

Val Da Car
10-09-2003, 07:54 PM
NOW KB Toys/KB Toy Works is getting them in today and gone...the woman in front of me (buying for her financee/boyfriend) bought a case....4 each of the Anakin/Yoda/Arc Value pack...with the 30% off sale that makes them about $4.19 each...up yours Wal Mart!!

waboritas
10-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Picked up one of each at Walmart on Friday night. Saw the box from Hasbro sitting on the floor and helped myself. Took one of each and didn't think to grab all of the Arc Troopers for army building. I went back the next day and the box was re-packed and waiting for deploy,ent to the shelves. Did some army building as they had Saga figs for $2.