PDA

View Full Version : Bibble found at the flea market?

BoShek
09-08-2003, 07:34 PM
I went to the local flea market this past Sunday. On a table I see none other thatn Sio Bibble! He had no gun but was in good shape (after all, what kind of adventures would kids have with him?).

I ask how much. ONE DOLLAR. :crazed:

I got him! I never saw one in a store but I got one now!

I now ask, have you ever seen an ultra rare figure like that? The odds, as C-3PO would figure, are so low!

Rogue II
09-08-2003, 08:09 PM
I used to have some luck at the flea market when I was in Colorado. I picked up a loose AT-AT commander and a Han Stormtrooper (I'm not sure which version). As for carded figures, I found Ree-Yees for $5 when he was almost impossible to find in the stores.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Whoa Rogue II, which flea market? Denver?

Rogue II
09-09-2003, 06:49 PM
No, it was the one in Colorado Springs. The few times I went to Denver, they never had anything I needed. This was back between 96-99. Although I never bought anything from him, there was one guy was in the CS flea market that had mostly vintage SW items and some newer figures (12" and 4").

Surfer8oy19
10-01-2003, 01:16 PM
i MANAGED TO FIND THE WHOLE QUEEN AMIDALA (BATTLE) WAVE WHEN I WENT TO THE FLEA MARKET IN MODESTO, CA. THE GUY TOLD ME HE JUST GOT THE CASE FROM HIS STORAGE, BUT HE HAD GOT IT ALONG TIME AGO IN 2000 WHEN HIS BROTHER WORKED AT WAL-MART AND BAUGHT THE WHOLE CASE HE SAID, SO I GOT 2X QUEEN AMIDALA'S, 2X JAR JAR (SWIMMING), 2X DARTH SIDIOUS (HOLO), 2X NABOO ROYAL GUARDS AND THAT IS ALL HE HAD FOR SALE AND I GOT THEM ALL FOR $30, SO I HAD THE BEST DEAL EVER ON ULTRA RARE FIGURES. YUP YUP YUP :O)

plasticfetish
10-02-2003, 10:56 PM
"Bibble found at the flea market?"
OK, every time I see this thread title I think ... "what does finding a Bible at the flea market have to do with Episode one?"

But then I read it again ...

Whoa Rogue II, which flea market? Denver?
You know, oddly enough ... I've been to that Denver flea market a few times.

TheDarthVader
10-02-2003, 11:53 PM
...AND BAUGHT THE WHOLE CASE HE SAID, SO I GOT 2X QUEEN AMIDALA'S, 2X JAR JAR (SWIMMING), 2X DARTH SIDIOUS (HOLO), 2X NABOO ROYAL GUARDS AND THAT IS ALL HE HAD FOR SALE AND I GOT THEM ALL FOR $30

Is anyone believing this? I am not saying it is false...it just seems weird. I have never heard of this before, I need to go to flea markets more often if this is a fact. (No, let me guess...this is luck. And I have never had any luck thus far :( )

jjreason
10-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Oh it happens from time to time, but not too often to guys like us. The only thing I've found at the flea market worth a scoot is comics from time to time. Lots of deals on 80's stuff out there, as that's when the hobby was at it's peak. So many people got out after just a few years and are ready to get rid of the whole box for 25 cents a pop. Sweet deal if you get there first and find some good books.

Most of the SW stuff I've found at flea markets has been over priced. One good find was a full set of brand new Burger King ESB glasses for 2 bucks a piece - they look great on display.

Turbowars
10-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Oh it happens from time to time, but not too often to guys like us. The only thing I've found at the flea market worth a scoot is comics from time to time. Lots of deals on 80's stuff out there, as that's when the hobby was at it's peak. So many people got out after just a few years and are ready to get rid of the whole box for 25 cents a pop. Sweet deal if you get there first and find some good books.

Most of the SW stuff I've found at flea markets has been over priced. One good find was a full set of brand new Burger King ESB glasses for 2 bucks a piece - they look great on display. Oh it's real all right, I found a plastic cape Jawa MOMC at a flea market, they had a whole case too.:rolleyes:

jjreason
10-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Damn, you are one lucky dude, TW. That one time I found a big box of comics from the early 60's all in mint condition autographed by Stan Lee, I didn't have the 15 bucks on me the guy wanted for the whole box. I went back the next weekend - but they were gone. :D

Turbowars
10-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Damn, you are one lucky dude, TW. That one time I found a big box of comics from the early 60's all in mint condition autographed by Stan Lee, I didn't have the 15 bucks on me the guy wanted for the whole box. I went back the next weekend - but they were gone. :D It's all about timing JJ, LOL;)

TheDarthVader
10-14-2003, 02:08 PM
THE GUY TOLD ME HE JUST GOT THE CASE FROM HIS STORAGE, BUT HE HAD GOT IT ALONG TIME AGO IN 2000 WHEN HIS BROTHER WORKED AT WAL-MART

If the guy told you he got it from storage, how did you find out that he had actually got it from his brother? :confused:

Oh!! JJ and TW, I found a case of only Ephant Mons at a flea market in Texas about a week ago. There were 12 figures total and the guy sold the whole case to me for $25!!!!!!!!!! It was the best deal of my life! ;)

JetsAndHeels
10-14-2003, 07:02 PM
I haven't really found any mind blowing deals at the flea market, but I have found some good ones.
As far as Star Wars, I would have to say the best deal I got was on the special edition Boba Fett, you know the 300th figure or whatever that came in the window box from the POTJ line. I got it right when it was really popular and the dealer sold it to me for $7. When I went back the following weekend he demanded I sell it back to him because he didn't realize what he was doing.
Other things I have gotten are comics and cards. Best comic I got was the Death of Superman #75, still in the black cover and in a bag and board mint condition for 4 bucks.
Best football cards I got were a bunch of Jersey cards of the Jets for a quarter a piece.

Turbowars
10-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Oh!! JJ and TW, I found a case of only Ephant Mons at a flea market in Texas about a week ago. There were 12 figures total and the guy sold the whole case to me for $25!!!!!!!!!! It was the best deal of my life! ;) Right on Bro. Good eye! Maybe us 3 should open a Comic shop. We can make bank on it with all the deals.:p I figure with all the vintage Comic, Mons and Jawa's I could retire a rich man.:happy:

TheDarthVader
10-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Right on Bro. Good eye! Maybe us 3 should open a Comic shop. We can make bank on it with all the deals.:p I figure with all the vintage Comic, Mons and Jawa's I could retire a rich man.:happy:

If jj is down, then I am dy-no-mite! :D

Turbowars
10-17-2003, 10:47 PM
QUOTE=TheDarthVader]If jj is down, then I am dy-no-mite! :D[/QUOTE]:crazed: :evil: :D

OC47150
10-31-2003, 11:03 AM
My buddy and I used to go to the monthly flea market religiously and have some luck. Now, we limit it to the New Year's and Labor Day shows, which are the big ones.

I found a hardback copy of the Vader's Hand stories at the Labor Day show for $3.

TheDarthVader
11-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Yes, sometimes you can find more rare items at a flea market.