PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Command Gunship

Old Fossil
09-09-2003, 11:08 AM
I got a Command Gunship from the TRU (Geoffrey's) in Meridian, MS, earlier this week. I never got the earlier Saga/AOTC version, and I have a couple of questions for you guys who have both:

1. What is the difference in the two, physically? Does the CW version have a newer or improved action feature?

2. Which has the better color scheme, in your opinion?

3. How do you have yours displayed?

They had both versions on the shelves, but the older one was still priced at $45, while the CW ship was $30. I have had more fun with this vehicle than nearly any other I can think of, including my favorites, the TIE Bomber and Jango Fett's Slave I.

I've got mine hanging from the ceiling, troop doors open. In addition to the two pilots up front, I've got Plo Koon, Aalya Secura, two Sneak Preview Clone Troopers, a red Clone sergeant, a third Clone Pilot, and an R3-T7 unit in the transport area. The whole display has such a commanding presence among my collection that I'm thinking about getting another Gunship, especially in light of the coming ARC Trooper and yellow Clone value packs!

Dark Marble
09-09-2003, 12:27 PM
There is really not to much difference between the two. The first version was a red and white color scheme and the command ship is a black and white with a few extra details (like the bagged ships count under the pilots canopy). I hear that the spring loaded guns work better on the commandship than they did on the first version. But I don't know... But all the gadgets and things are the same between both. It is the same ship with different colors. But I think that I prefer the first version color scheme, I don't know why, I like the red better.

I have got one command ship and two of the ATOC versions, and I have a gang of pilots, clone troops and jedi to display them with. However, I have absolutly no room, so the are all still in the box. :( But I think it is one of the better ships to come out in a while and is up there as one of my favorites too! It just seems to have a lot more playabilty then some of the other ships that I have come out. Sounds like you have a great display going, I wish I could do that!!!

Val Da Car
09-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Plus Yestertoys still has the old Saga gunship for $20 each plus $5.80 freight (no matter how many items you order)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2003, 04:21 PM
I do not have the Command Gunship yet, but I do have 2 Saga versions. One is on a shelf above the arena playset with three preview clones on board. The other is chasing Dooku on his speeder bike with two red clones on board (not movie accurate, but oh well), and I'm gonna add two Geonosian starfighters to the scene when they come out.

dr_evazan22
09-13-2003, 02:13 PM
I like the Saga version better also b/c of teh paint job. Although I LOVE the "kills" that were painted on the side!

I put 2 CT's from the value pack on mine (standing and kneeling), a preview clone and a red one. now I need to go and find more Clone Pilots.

Vegeta Jr
09-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Although I LOVE the "kills" that were painted on the side!

Can somebody post a pic of the kills that are on the side of the gunship?
I want to add those to my Saga gunship.