PDA

View Full Version : EU 12" anyone?

humsup
08-18-2001, 09:08 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Notice u have not come out with any 12" for EU characters. I think its time you should release a figure or two. I have a few on my mind now and hope you can give a tot to them :

1. Mara Jade
Many collectors are customising this baby and this shows that she's in popular demand. So, in a business point of view, this fig will make you money and it justify making :)

2. Grand Admiral Thrawn
He is the man the remnants of the Empire rely on to take back past glories. Person of his status demands a 12" fig.

3. Guri
In the book, she's said to be BEAUTIFUL!! So I want to see her 12" fig. Guys collectors will be queing for her and again in a business point of view, she's a money spinner :)

Pls give them serious thoughts and I assure you I'll be your first customer if these are to be made :cool:

the master jedi
08-18-2001, 09:50 PM
I'd like to see Xixor, Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, and Anakin Solo 12" figures.

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 11:39 PM
While I usually despise EU, I would really like to see figures based on the Han Solo trilogy by AC Crispin, namely:

1. Youn Han Solo
2. Bria Tharen
3. Muuurgh (about 18" tall)
4. Teroenza

Of course 3 3/4" scale would be fine, I'm not picky.;)

2-1B
08-19-2001, 01:25 AM
I'm not a fan of EU, but I could see many 12" figures selling successfully.

Once the films are completed, it might be cool to see Anakin's descendents.

JediTricks
08-19-2001, 09:41 AM
"Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight" figures, Kyle Katarn, Jan Orrs, and the Dark Jedi of the game.

JediCole
08-19-2001, 10:22 AM
Though I do not despise the Expanded Universe per se, I do not desire the characters that I consider apocryphal. I am something of a Star Wars purist at times (the axiom "If it ain't on the page it ain't on the stage" applies here). For my money if something does not appear in one of the four (soon to be five) films or the requesite "Special Editions" of the original three, it has no place in my collection.
This does not mean I begrudge the Expanded Universe to those who are enamoured with the novels and games or those who have to have every single figure. Instead, my concern is that for every EU Qui-Gon or Mara Jade that is produced, a character like General Dodonna or Yaddle, or a much needed resculpt like R5-D4 or Lobot, goes unproduced.
Give the Expanded Universe its own imprint again and keep them out of the POTJ line. What two MOVIE characters could have been given the action figure treatment if "Cold Weather" Obi-Wan and "Jedi Training" Qui-Gon had not been produced?
And speaking of resculpts, see my upcoming "Resculpt Roundup" post coming soon.

the master jedi
08-19-2001, 07:27 PM
I'd also really like to see a 12" Clone Emperror and a 12" Winter.

JEDIpartner
08-20-2001, 10:04 AM
I'd love to see a 12" Kyle and Mara!!! That would be awesome!

...and don't kill me, but I kinda would like to see the new Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul EU figures done in the 12" mode. I LOVE the concept art!!!!

evenflow
08-20-2001, 10:07 AM
Kir Kanos
Carnor Jax
Dash Rendar
Xizor

humsup
08-20-2001, 10:29 AM
The green really don't quite seems readable on a grey background ;)

JediTricks
08-21-2001, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by JediCole
Instead, my concern is that for every EU Qui-Gon or Mara Jade that is produced, a character like General Dodonna or Yaddle, or a much needed resculpt like R5-D4 or Lobot, goes unproduced.
Give the Expanded Universe its own imprint again and keep them out of the POTJ line. What two MOVIE characters could have been given the action figure treatment if "Cold Weather" Obi-Wan and "Jedi Training" Qui-Gon had not been produced?
And speaking of resculpts, see my upcoming "Resculpt Roundup" post coming soon. The very notion that any movie figure goes "unproduced" because of another figure seems bizarre to me, as if Luke X-wing wouldn't have been made if "Concept Stormtrooper w/ lightsaber ans shield" had been produced with Snowbi-Wan and Qui-Gon Training. Of course he would, Luke X-wing was simply produced a couple waves later, as his timetable allowed. Hasbro has shown they have no fear of releasing background figures nobody asked for such as the upcoming Zutton, so why not some stuff some folks ARE asking for?

The very notion of POTJ is that we don't need multiple lines for SW action figures, retailers don't like dealing with multiple SW lines so they all get sold under the same label. This actually HELPS the Star Wars line continue because those retailers are now carrying figures they were hesitant about carrying before, and these EU figures are shipping with non-EU figures in their cases to replenish the store's sold items.

If EU had it's own line again, that would make Hasbro produce less POTJ figures since they'd have to make and fill competing cases.

El Chuxter
08-21-2001, 06:00 PM
I think Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, and Corran Horn--all with different outfits--would rock.

jedi master sal
08-21-2001, 06:21 PM
Definitely Corran Horn. and Mirax Terrik also Booster Terrik.

What about Talon Kardde as well. These are all well known to the book readers and would be a welcome addition to many collections including my own. (Might also get people reading those books and reinforce the fandom)

What are your thoughts?

jedi master sal
08-21-2001, 06:23 PM
I meant those as 3 3/4 in figs not 12 in but maybe in the future they could be. How about rereleasing some of the hard to find ones like the Ewok, Aurra Sing and Yoda?

humsup
08-21-2001, 11:51 PM
3.75" figs for EU is definitely welcome for me but Hasbro HAS NOT release any 12" for EU. Back to the top of the thread, I think it is just logical to churn out Mara Jade plus a couple of others that some of you guys have suggested. Just wonder if Hasbro ever have this on their agenda? Maybe after EPII??

evenflow
08-22-2001, 09:26 AM
I prefer EU in the standard line, but I will take what I can get, as most of us will agree on.

Eternal Padawan
06-09-2002, 10:51 AM
By JediTricks
The very notion that any movie figure goes "unproduced" because of another figure seems bizarre to me, as if Luke X-wing wouldn't have been made if "Concept Stormtrooper w/ lightsaber ans shield" had been produced with Snowbi-Wan and Qui-Gon Training.

Okay does anybody else think it's creepy how JT mentioned this way back in August and now it's getting made (albeit not as 12")? All hail the precognizant JT. :P :D

JediTricks
06-10-2002, 01:11 AM
Nice find! I wasn't referring to a 12" version, and I've been talking about ANH concept figures since the first whispers of Sith Apprentice Maul... maybe before even that! :D

Eternal Padawan
06-10-2002, 10:08 AM
Hmmmmm....maybe Hasbro IS listening. ;)

Back to 12''...actually back to EU. I think the way to solve the EU debate on some of these more popular figures is if George just slipped them into the movies somewhere. He's already done it with Aalya Secura so there is a precedent. And it's not like EU characters would ruin the movie. Most figures that we clamor for these days have less than a second of screen time anyway. Amanaman anyone? So having Thrawn or Xixor in the background of some Palpatine scene or digitally sticking Mara Jade in Jabba's palace would make them no longer EU, but just another obscure movie character. Fans of those characters would get a kick out of recognizing them onscreen and "purists" would be less inclined to not having their figures made (whether in the 12" or 4" line).

JediTricks
06-11-2002, 10:38 PM
"maybe Hasbro IS listening."

That would explain a thread I started 2 and a half years ago about how cool it would be to have nice magnets in the arms of Jedi figures to reenact the Force... no wait, they couldn't have been listening to that since I specified that the magnets shouldn't hurt the sculpt of the figure and should be strong enough to actually work. :D

N-2PF
06-12-2002, 09:32 AM
Vote for a 12"-section!

Originally posted by JediTricks
"Vote on the poll so SirSteve can be absolutely sure and we can get this finally done: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10144