PDA

View Full Version : Images of T3 Variants - T-850 Terminator & T-850 with Coffin

I am Jabba the Hutt
09-09-2003, 07:20 PM
I've got the original versions of the T-850 Terminator and the T-850 with coffin both with shades and to be honest, I much prefer them. I won't be getting these variants cause I already have an Arnie with battle damage and one without.

On the official site, they had pictures of the T-850 Terminator with no battle damage and shades, it would have been better if they had released that one.
I'm happy with the ones I've got cause Arnie wears shades most of the time in the movie anyway.

What does everyone else think? Who'll be getting these variants?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-09-2003, 07:50 PM
The one w/o the glasses is pretty lame. The battle damaged T-850 looks pretty good. I still got my old Kenner figures and one of them has battle damage, so i'm set.

Thanks for the pics cos i was curious!!!! :D

Turbowars
09-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Man, I just picked up Arnie with Coffin and I didn't even notice he didn't have shades untill I opened him up. I was looking everywhere for the shades, When I found out the coffin opened and all the stuff was in there I figured they were in there as well. I was all mad and thought I got screewed. Well I guess I did if I want one with shades, I'll have to put out more $$$. Anyways the figure is still cool. Love the gun and coffin!!!

Tycho
09-21-2003, 11:08 PM
What I was told was the one without shades was the rare ones.

Like 1 in every 3 cases.

I found a dealer who had both the coffin and the "weapons master" versions without sunglasses on. I decided I wanted the coffin one without.

It's the best likeness of my home state's possible governor that I could possibly get.

I paid $18 for him after sales tax (16 before tax) and took the one with the coffin.

I decided I didn't want the other one with all the weapons and no sunglasses, because the sunglasses are part of the character. I also don't like how he's looking to the left.

Anyway, we'll see if I get ripped off.

Only SunCoast and Game Stop is getting these figures. I think they retail for $12.99 at both stores. So I don't think paying 4 bucks extra (before tax) was so bad. I really don't have time to hunt these figures down. I mainly Star Wars shop and that's it. And Terminator figures are not carried where I go for SW.

Meanwhile, I also have the Termamatix in red clothes, and do not want the droid exoskeleton of the female Terminator.

I also have:

Sarah Conner
2 x T-1000
Battle Damaged T2 Terminator (Uncle Bob)

I'd like a Kyle Reese action figure big time (from T1) with a shotgun on a rope under his trenchcoat.

I'd also like the T-850 on a Harley with Ed Furlong's John Conner as the ultimate deluxe piece!

Meanwhile, I have an extra battle damaged T-850 from T2 (the really messed up face Arnold that wasn't allowed to look like Arnold), which I may want to trade for. Possibly for a new (easy to get) T3 Arnold, shades on, without the coffin.

derek
09-22-2003, 06:01 PM
I'd also like the T-850 on a Harley

how about this one...........

Turbowars
09-22-2003, 06:21 PM
how about this one........... Looks like he needs to upgrade to a soft tail.

Tycho
09-23-2003, 02:05 AM
What toy line is that from Derek? When was it available? How much? How can one get one today? Is it the same size as athe modern McFarlane collection?

derek
09-23-2003, 08:00 AM
What toy line is that from Derek? When was it available? How much? How can one get one today? Is it the same size as athe modern McFarlane collection?

hey tycho,

that figure i posted is actually a 12 inch custom figure on a barbie harley.
the good news is you can get one, but the bad news is you'll have to buy the parts separately and assemble the figure yourself.(which is easy to do if you've ever dressed a 12 inch figure)

the head is a custom sculpt cast in resin and hand painted. the jacket, pants and boots are custom made out of real leather, and the body is made by dragon.

this figure would probably cost about $175 to assemble, not including the harley.
besides, a better scaled harley is being sold in toys r us so i'd use that one.:)

it would be possible to assemble a similar figure out of existing off the shelf parts for a fraction of that price.(see attacment)