PDA

View Full Version : Torture Rack Han

stillakid
09-09-2003, 09:34 PM
It's time. With the relatively recent selection of action figures that come with pretty detailed facial expressions, it seems like a good time for you to work on a Deluxe version of Han Solo being lowered onto the torture rack in The Empire Strikes Back.

There's not too much more to say about that besides that, if done well, it would make one of the most visually intriguing Deluxe figures ever made.

Thank you. I look forward to seeing this figure added to your 2004 line-up. :)

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 08:35 AM
I would like to see this figure as well. It is one of the better scenes in ESB. How 'bout it Hasbro?

stillakid
09-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Perhaps I should add that this figure must come with the torture rack as well. If you really want to go all out, it could come with some blinkie lights too.

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 09:20 AM
I kinda figured it would since you said deluxe. :crazed:
The blinking lights as well. Too bad they dont to comm tech chips anymore. It would be fun to hear Han yell

Rogue II
09-10-2003, 11:02 AM
That would be a cool toy.

They may not come with Comm tech chips, but the Nexu still makes sound and the 3PO that came with Bespin Chewbacca had lights. I think they could do both for the this one.

stillakid
09-10-2003, 12:06 PM
I kinda figured it would since you said deluxe. :crazed:
The blinking lights as well. Too bad they dont to comm tech chips anymore. It would be fun to hear Han yell

Commtech chip? See, this is exactly why I've found you have to be crystal clear when pitching an idea. Why bother with a Commtech chip? When you lower Han down onto the blinkie red hot things sticking up at him, it activates the chip inside the "deluxe torture device thing" and then you get to hear his blood curdling screams.

So to be clear, Hasbro, what I'm looking for is a Han action figure that looks like he's being tortured (wrung face and all). Packaged with it, is the torture contraption that he gets strapped onto. It is hinged, so you can lower him onto the faux electric zappers. In the same way you made C3PO's eyes light up, you could get crazy and include some blinkie lights and even make some of the poker things glow as if they are red hot. And when you lower the portion with Han on it (it's hinged to the bottom), it activates the "voice" chip inside the torture device so we can hear him yelp in pain.

If you really wanted to go nuts, you could make this into a Deluxe Cinema Scene which could also include a really really good sculpt of "Worried Lando" and either a "Unmoved Emotionally Darth Vader" or a "Let's Get On With It Boba Fett." Either that, or it could be a boxed set of the "Tortured Rebels" complete with the aforementioned Deluxe Han with Torture Rack along with a "Shagged Out Leia" and a "I Can't Stand This High Piercing Noise Chewy."

Thanks! :)

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Either way as long as Han yells it would be fun. I was just expanding upon an idea but the inside chippy thig-a-ma-jig is pretty sweet also.

rherk
09-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Oh please no! I wanna see no more silly grins on figures. Didn't we see enough with Luke Throne room?

Rogue II
09-10-2003, 02:32 PM
I don't like the silly facial expressions either, but in the case of the torture rack, it makes sense. If Han didn't have the painful expression, it wouldn't look like the torture was working. :D :evil:

stillakid
09-10-2003, 05:17 PM
I don't like the silly facial expressions either, but in the case of the torture rack, it makes sense. If Han didn't have the painful expression, it wouldn't look like the torture was working. :D :evil:

What? Like :D wouldn't be appropriate?

;)

Rogue II
09-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Actually, I was thinking :p would work better.

And while we are on the topic of facial expressions...The only other figures I could see with wacked out facial expressions is "Ouch! There is a lightsaber in my abdomen" Qui-Gon Jin, "Concentrate!" Yoda with falling off of Luke's foot while he's doing a handstand action feature, and possibly "There's an angry Wookie cutting off my oxygen supply" Lando.

Anyway, what Stillakid described would be a perfect Deluxe Torture Chamber Han.

stillakid
09-10-2003, 06:05 PM
Actually, I was thinking :p would work better.

And while we are on the topic of facial expressions...The only other figures I could see with wacked out facial expressions is "Ouch! There is a lightsaber in my abdomen" Qui-Gon Jin, "Concentrate!" Yoda with falling off of Luke's foot while he's doing a handstand action feature, and possibly "There's an angry Wookie cutting off my oxygen supply" Lando.

What about "I just got me some" Luke, with his hands behind his head after Leia kisses him? For that matter, a nice 25th Anniversary Box set for Empire would be those two siblings in a lip lock. :kiss:

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 07:35 PM
What? Like :D wouldn't be appropriate?

;)

Maybe they slipped and poked his eye out so :Pirate: could work too

Rogue II
09-10-2003, 09:47 PM
What about "I just got me some" Luke, with his hands behind his head after Leia kisses him? For that matter, a nice 25th Anniversary Box set for Empire would be those two siblings in a lip lock. :kiss:

That is just wrong. :crazed:

But I would buy it if George personally writes the explaination of how that scene fits in with the rest of the trilogy.

Banthaholic
09-11-2003, 12:13 AM
I'm hoping with next years monthly 'themes' Bespin is one.
They could release Torture Han as a deluxe. Then for single carded have Bespin Leia, Bespin guard (mustached vintage, and/or vintage black), a new Lobot with Ugnaught pack in, and The Ice-cream-maker guy.

...on a side note on the Ice-cream-maker guy, if they can release cool background characters from hoth like k3-po & r3-p0, and from the cantina & Jabbas palace, then why not a background charcter from Bespin.

Jaff
09-15-2003, 10:57 PM
A torture rack Han would be pretty cool, as for the features I don't really care if they make any or not, just make sure the Han is sculpted realistically with his legs together rather then spread apart in an attempt to do the splits!

TheDarthVader
09-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Great idea! I'd buy a torture rack Han!!!!!!

General_Grievous
03-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Either that, or it could be a boxed set of the "Tortured Rebels" complete with the aforementioned Deluxe Han with Torture Rack along with a "Shagged Out Leia" and a "I Can't Stand This High Piercing Noise Chewy."

What exactly is "Shagged Out" Leia? I don't exactly seem to remember any Imperials having their way with her...:p

But seriously, I'd love a Torture Rack Han. It should have been included in the Deluxe Saga line from last year instead of that awful Wampa toy.

Darth Alex
03-05-2005, 01:04 AM
I noticed this thread going again, so to add to the swell of support...if Hasbro is gonna do a great Vader w/Meditation Chamber, I think we could see at least every quarter a really well VOTC-style done deluxe figure with playset/accessory. Han w/torture rack is a great example. Sound, Lights, a great figure, good rack(no jokes, PLEASE), even a Bespin Base.
It would be nice to see this piece at Toyfair 2006.
And....Hasbro? If we're thinkin this far ahead on what we'll BUY from you, I do hope yer paying attention....

scruffziller
04-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Yea, why not!!!!:D

If its in the movie, they should make the toy. Any naysayers saying that it would be too violent are full of it for the very reason it is in the movie. Go after the movie first, instead of being hypocrites.:rolleyes:

jedi master sal
04-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Well, I'm buying an extra medical rack vader, just in case, the Han torture rack never gets made. That should make a pretty decent substitute.

Heck I wouldn't even put it past Hasbro to do this very thing and just slightly modify it to be Han's rack.

It would be a great Deluxe figure! IMHO.

-Sal

Darth Alex
04-06-2005, 11:21 PM
This has just GOTTA be on Hasbro's short-list of things to make for 2006.
The Vader/Ep3 Med Table and the Vader/ESB Meditation Chamber will be huge, so it's not too much of a strech to think that they'll make this now.
Plus, with all the "intense" toys that ROTS has, this torture rack would seem tame...