PDA

View Full Version : Favourite EpI Figure

RussUAE
09-10-2003, 08:10 AM
It is the line that got me collecting again, so I was wondernig which figure was/is you guys' favourite from the EpI line.

I think mine may have to be Captain Panaka. Perfect Sculpt.

...though I may change my mind on further reflection. :crazed:

Kidhuman
09-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Nute. Great sculpt and likeness. Holo Sidious a close second.

Banthaholic
09-11-2003, 12:22 AM
Trophy Maul

TheDarthVader
09-11-2003, 12:51 AM
3rd place Sio Bibble great sculpt...nice accessory gun...lines on commtech chip are cool

2nd place I seem to like Captain Tarpals. My niece loves his commtech line "Not again Jar Jar. Usa goin to the bosses. Usa in big doo doo dis time."

1st place Holograph Sidious. What a great figure! I love holograhpic figures...they are cool. I am waiting for the Fan Club to get that holographic Nute Gunray that I saw test shots for on the SSG home page. I urge them to make the "reddish"-colored one. ;)

keithfite
09-11-2003, 02:23 AM
My favorite is anakin from naboo. You know, the one that came with removeable cloak. Anakin as a jedi padwan learner. That figure looks cool to me. It to me holds the same appeal as ashla and jempa do now. its neat to see these young jedi

Close second is Sio Bibble, very colorful, great sculpt

RussUAE
09-11-2003, 09:11 AM
Ooh, had forgotten about Captain Tarpals. Good point, in that case he has to come joint first with Panaka.

And actually Rune Haako was dammed near perfect too. See, the line had some fab figures in it after all!

I can't believe how many of you guys are going for Sio Bibble. Maybe I just got a bad paint job on mine, but he's more like a cartoon figure. Can't stand him.

Kidhuman
09-11-2003, 09:40 AM
I can't believe how many of you guys are going for Sio Bibble. Maybe I just got a bad paint job on mine, but he's more like a cartoon figure. Can't stand him.

I never saw him. If you dont want himI will take him :D

Val Da Car
09-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Nute. Great sculpt and likeness. Holo Sidious a close second.

Wait until you see the Nute in the wave 2 Cinema scenes.

Kidhuman
09-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Wait until you see the Nute in the wave 2 Cinema scenes.

That good huh? Iam gonna have towait, I dont gettoany stores besides Wally World much. Need some cash to do a toy run.

aceguide
09-12-2003, 10:14 AM
In no particular order...

Amidala Senate - awesome!
Mace - nice and neutral
Tarpals
Battle Droid - best sculpt/quality and a great new SW character at that time.

Also you have to put a bid in for Maul Jedi Duel. Just cool to once again scrounge for that elusive fig!

plo koon 200
09-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Proballu Holo Sidious even though I don't own one. I have seen it before for $30, yuck. I wish I had that figure.

scruffziller
09-13-2003, 01:23 PM
I would have to say Naboo Maul. It was seeing this that broke my oath to not get into collecting the toys at all!!! It has been many hundreds of dollars since then.:crazed:
I even own a holo-Sidious still in the package.

Kidhuman
09-13-2003, 02:55 PM
I even own a holo-Sidious still in the package.

Me too. Pretty sweet figure

bobafrett
09-13-2003, 04:15 PM
I really liked the Sio Bibble myself. Maybe it's because of the blue in his outfit, because my second favorite is the Blue astromech droid. You just don't see much blue, so maybe its physiological.

Old Fossil
09-14-2003, 05:28 PM
TC-14!!! Love that shiny, silvery lady. Watto is also a particularly well-done figure.

jpak001
09-17-2003, 12:20 AM
#1 figure - Adi Gallia. I like the hole in her cloak to put her hand through, and she looks great without her cloak. I just always thought that figure looked so cool!

I like the Mace & Padawan Anakin a lot too. But then again I always have been partial to jedi figures for some reason.... :)

Admiral Ackbar
09-17-2003, 06:25 PM
I, too, am highly partial to any Jedi figure - so, they are my favorites. I have come to really like the Episode I Yoda, but, my favorite Jedi is a toss-up between the Plo Koon figure and the mail-away Mace Windu figure.

mm74md
09-19-2003, 01:04 PM
I love them all. But I must say that I really like my Nute & Rune best along with Queen Amidala - Ascension Gun.

Jedi Teacher
09-19-2003, 01:19 PM
My favs:

3)Queen Amidala (Senate)
2)Captain Tarpals
and my #1 . . . C-3PO

Something about seeing all those wires. I really liked that figure. It's tons better than the AOTC 3PO

JangoFart
09-19-2003, 03:04 PM
R2-B1 or TC-14.

J

Billy_Dee_Binks
09-29-2003, 12:29 PM
In terms of sculp C-3PO, Watto, Nute, Rune, Sio Bibble, Maul,
JarJar and Qui-Gon (Soft Goods) are all worth a mention.
Yet I love most Ep 1 figures. :happy:

Turambar
09-30-2003, 02:35 AM
There were a lot of good ones here.
I'll vote for the naboo royal guard. for some reason I really love that fig, and his shooting pose is right out of the movie.
Hon mentions go to R2-B1, TC-14, Nute, & Rune

RussUAE
09-30-2003, 07:31 AM
Am intrigued by how people judge their favourite character, what is it that you guys consider factors?

Am just surprised at how it is the rarer EpI figures that people are going for such as R2-B1, TC-14 and Sio Bibble. Is it their rarity that makes people like them more, or something else?

In my opinion they just weren't exciting figures or particularly well sculpted- an R2 without a third leg, a protocol droid and an old man that looked like he was from the Droids Line rather than EpI. Whereas all new figures, such as Tarpals or Naboo soldiers/guards had a lot of effort put into them.

I guess it's cool we all like different figures.

Turbowars
09-30-2003, 08:47 PM
R2-B1 all the way. Most of the others I'd like to forget about.

Card Dreamer
03-21-2004, 02:25 PM
I don't remember exactly which version of Qui-Gon it is, but he's got his arms posed like's he's a hoping mad gorrilla! Any Jedi who can imitate a monkey and still be so dang cool has to be worth something!

sith_killer_99
03-21-2004, 03:40 PM
I think you are talking about "Gui-Gon Jinn Jedi Master". I believe originally he was supposed to be a "Final Duel" type figure, posed with arms up and a burn hole in his gut.

Anyway, there are a lot of good figures from EP1, hard to choose the "BEST". Personal favorite include, in no particular order:

R2-B1 (props on the accessory!)
TC-14
Sio Bibble
Naboo Royal Guard (Goatee Guy props on the removable helmet)
Captain Tarpals
Adi Gallia
Maul (Sith Lord, still my favorite carded Maul to date)

Card Dreamer
03-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Can I add the Tatooine Showdown trio of figs to my faves? Maul and Qui are exquisit, and even Annie is pretty cool....

Silent Chazz
03-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Holy Cow, CD. You sure revived an OLD topic.

My favorite Ep 1 Figure has to be a toss up between Padme Naberrie and Queen Amidala (in the violet outfit thingie at the end of the movie when they're trying to take the Palace back.)

Card Dreamer
03-28-2004, 02:11 AM
that's a good figure Chazz, I agree. But baboon Qui-Gon could take her down easily ;)

jjreason
03-30-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty happy with lots of these too. I liked the quality of materials, they seem like heavy solid figures for the most part. Here are my honourable mentions; like always I'm hesitant to name a most favoritest anything.

Rune Haako and Nute Gunray (details, overall appearance, sculpt)
Duelling Darth Maul from Tatooine Showdown 3 pack (preposed, but the cape rules)
Darth Sidious (textured robe, near-perfect facial sculpt, very nice figure)
Watto (a perfect character to turn into an action figure, funny commtech chip)

I still don't have Amidala - Battle w Ascension gun, so she will someday certainly earn a spot on my list simply based on the relief I'll feel when she joins my collection.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Nice thread resurrection there, CD. I must have never noticed this one.

I can think of only a few EP1 figures that I really dislike. I actually like just about everything that was put out in this line so picking a favorite is difficult.

I'd have to say that Mace Windu is at the top due to the neat removable cloak and overall decent sculpt. Captain Tarpauls is also a great likeness so I'll put him down as a close second. For third I'd go with the Naboo Security Guard (the HTF one with removable helmet). Maybe it's because it was so hard to find for me, but I think its a nice sculpt and the removable helmet gimmick is a winner in my book.

This next part has nothing to do with picking a fav. EP1 figure, so pardon my digression. I was really disappointed when the POTF2 and EP1 lines were merged with POTJ because I thought they were great as they were. I know it was natural to do so since the whole novelty of EP1 had worn off by then, but since the Saga line I wish Hasbro would go back to using the same technique and style. The figures may look more realistic now but they are also usually flimsy along with the accessories.

End rant.

B'Omarr Monkey
04-02-2004, 09:01 PM
There were a lot of figures I liked in this line. Even better, most of them turned up later for under $2, so my kids have almost all of them as well.

My favorite is the sail-headed alien from Watto's box. I'm blanking on the name right now. He's really big, colorful (which always stands out in the sea of primarily brown and grey SW color schemes), and great looking.

All of the Padme's/Amidala's I thought the likeness was great on all of them.

Naboo Security Guard - I can't believe I passed this up the first time I saw it because there was a slight gauge in the helmet. I thought at the time, I'll just pick him up when they restock.

:rolleyes:

Holo Sidious was good because of the texture and it was the first succesful attempt to give the holographic/ghost figures some color and articulation.

Nute Gunray/Rune Haako great likenesses and paint jobs.

Watto, because he really captured the likeness and attitude of the character.

Ody Mandrell - while not as interesting looking as Sebulba or Gasgano, his removable helmet w/built in lenses was far superior to the painted on black lenses that the other pod racer pilots (including Anakin) got.

I also thought that Palpatine, Valorum, and Sio Bibble, while not particularly interesting figures were very nice likenesses and refreshing for their coloring. What was up with their weird accesories though?

Dark Marble
04-30-2004, 05:47 PM
I was just going through my collection here, and I think that my favorite is R2-D2 with the booster rockets. I just love that version and it looks really good in the new X-Wing.

Honorable mentions go to Sidious (Regular/Holo) and Qui Gon/Obi Wan in their robes with saber hilts. Still some of my favorite figures.

Card Dreamer
05-01-2004, 12:54 AM
I was just going through my collection here, and I think that my favorite is R2-D2 with the booster rockets. I just love that version and it looks really good in the new X-Wing.

Honorable mentions go to Sidious (Regular/Holo) and Qui Gon/Obi Wan in their robes with saber hilts. Still some of my favorite figures.
wrong thread. R2 w/ Booster rockets is Saga (ep2)

JediTricks
05-01-2004, 01:59 AM
wrong thread. R2 w/ Booster rockets is Saga (ep2)Actually, the Ep 1 line had only 1 R2-D2, but it did indeed come with booster rockets... from a scene removed from the film after the toy was produced. I also like the dome work on this R2, but the gimmick has some serious issues IMO.

Card Dreamer
05-02-2004, 11:07 PM
are you sure about that? cause I only remember a plain R2....

Kidhuman
05-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Serious as cancer. It was there.

JediTricks
05-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Ep 1 had no plain R2-D2s, no alternate gadget R2-D2s, just this one with the boosters that came out 4 openings in the center "barrel". Perhaps you're getting confused with the POTJ R2-D2 Naboo Escape, a permanently-3-legged, wheeled R2 that was supposed to come out in the Ep 1 line, but then the line got merged and renamed.