PDA

View Full Version : My Brilliant Idea

Brave Sir Robin
11-26-2001, 09:44 AM
Ok, my brilliant idea is that Hasbro (since they have the licence for DC comics stuff) should produce a line of strictly Burton Batman movie figures with GOOD likenesses of the actors that would be free of any cyber-ice-strike-projectile-firing-Batman crud like they had for the previous movie lines. Here are the figure's I'd like to see

Batman w/ various bat-weapons
Batman w/ ripped off mask and Michael Keaton's face underneath
Jack Nicholson as the Joker w/ gas mask & machine gun
Danny DeVito as The Penguin w/ various umbrellas
Michelle Phieffer as Catwoman w/ bullwhip
plus-maybe even-it would be nice
Tim Burton w/ directors chair (c'mon, who wouldn't buy this?)

Well who's with me? Huh?

Rollo Tomassi
11-26-2001, 02:22 PM
ooh..a big hurdle is Likeness rights. See, they can make a generic Joker figure and not owe anyone anything (except DC/Warner Bros/AOL's share of the goodies.) but if they make a Jack Nicholson figgie, they must pay him HELLA dough because his Batman contract was for a piddling amount up front and some ungodly percentage of the back end from the movies and toys. It was like 5% to just him. Hasbro don't want to pay Nicholson HELLA dough so no Joker figure. the same is probably true to a lesser extent with the others. But I remember the hubub over Jack's contract like it was yesterday. That man could buy Arizona with what he made on Batman...

El Chuxter
11-26-2001, 03:17 PM
I'd love to see a real Batman line, but I think I'd prefer nice figures based on the comics. I started a thread about this onthe old forums (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=19&PID=3248), and posted a list of some characters I'd like to see.

GNT
11-27-2001, 05:36 AM
I'd like to see better movie figures of The Riddler (in the green suit,Two Face,Mr Freeze and POISEN IVY(which was really bad)

Brave Sir Robin
11-30-2001, 06:48 PM
I understand that actors have certain control over their own likenesses, but c'mon, I really want some Batman MOVIE memerobelia. I have the old Joker figure from the vintage Batman line and...it sucks. It looks like Ronald McDonald. It's just terrible.