PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting in the Clone Wars line?

JediTricks
09-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Hasbro's Clone Wars line is shipping to stores right now and so far has been difficult to keep on the shelves. The line includes:
vehicles, both new designs and repaints
basic figures
value 2-packs
army builder 3-packs
deluxe figures with speederbikes
So what kinds of Clone Wars toys are you planning on getting (or have gotten already), and how will they fit into your collection?

Battle Droid
09-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Nothing, though only because I won't be able to find anything.

Val Da Car
09-10-2003, 09:11 PM
Army Builders simply because that is all I want from this part of the series.....

Soon I want the single figures for additional army building....Geonosian Fighters, HailFire Driods and unique figures.....Dark Jedi woman....and few speeder bikes...

stillakid
09-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Pretty much everything, although I'm waiting on some of the more expensive stuff to see if it drops a bit (ie, Gunship).

Haven't really seen much else in the stores anyway.

DarthBrandon
09-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Pretty much the army builders for me, plus a couple of the 3 3/4 inch figures and one Jedi Starfighter.

Bacta Beast
09-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Nothing, cause I can't find anything!!!! God, i'm sick of Yu Gi Oh, and Power Rangers! And isn't it time to clear out the Hulk dead wood!!

Banthaholic
09-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Sign me up for pretty much everything I can find.
Although if they try to market a 'Urinal Mint' in Clone Wars wrapper I might have to pass :)

Val Da Car
09-10-2003, 10:24 PM
you know if Hasbro shipped SW like Transformers...we would not have a problem....I was in a regular sized Wal Mart and they had 20 Unicrons @ $48 each...but only 1 case of new SW Figures..Anakin Secret Ceremony, Hoth Han, Mynock Chewie...etc....I do hope the Clone Wars line gets some attention....especially since the TF cartoon is changing again to be like the TF Universe toyline.....

TheDarthVader
09-10-2003, 11:37 PM
This line does not interest me very much. I will watch the cartoon but I voted for nothing. The only exceptions would be 1 or 2 army builder packs but that is little (so I voted nothing). Some of the figures are cool, but I am not going to collect them. I will stick to movie figures.

InsaneJediGirl
09-11-2003, 10:55 AM
I'll probably get most of it except for a few sets so I voted everything.Hopefully,it will start showing up in stores with the release of the cartoon.:)

Dr Zoltar
09-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Well I'm getting the army builder 3 packs now because it's the only thing I can find except for the vehicles which I don't want. I'll get the basic figs with the bonus clone trooper if I ever see them. I'm really mixed on these figs. I like the new Kit Fisto and Sith Witch, but can't stand Rambo Yoda and Durge. However, the fact that they are shipping evenly in cases should make them easier to find.

Kidhuman
09-11-2003, 02:36 PM
I will be getting what I can find and what looks good. I voted other because it will be a little of everything but not everything. The Hailfire is one I have toget along with some figures.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Just action figures. I'm not wasting my cash on those clone stautes or repainted vehicles.

Tonywankenobi
09-11-2003, 10:40 PM
I have only found the Luke and Darth nothing else!!! What the heck is going on? Some of you are very lucky to be able to get what you want. I still havent seen the 2 packs yet and I have 3 Wally Worlds a Toys R Us and a Target!!!! No luck in any!

Val Da Car
09-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Find the larger WM's and shop early...generally the larger the store the sooner or greater quantity in shipments they get...

btw does anyone know if the WM Value Packs are a one shot deal or will they have them for a while...(like until the cartoon starts?!?!)

just an extra thought.

JediTricks
09-12-2003, 01:37 AM
Good question Val, I have no idea but I *hope* they have this stuff around till the cartoon takes off, it wouldn't make sense to let it disappear before that.

I myself am getting Dlx Durge on swoop and the Hailfire Droid and Geonosian Fighter, so I said "vehicles". I'm afraid nothing particularly interests me in this line though, it's not my style.

Are you guys going to collect this stuff and add it with your regular SW figures or treat it as a totally separate entity?

bobafrett
09-12-2003, 02:10 AM
I voted pretty much "everything", but would like to add, pretty much everything I can afford. There are a few ships that are a bit high priced for me at the moment. I've still got a case or two of saga figures on backorder, plus a case of the unleashed. I'll wait until those come around before I commit to anything at the stores.

OC47150
09-12-2003, 08:11 AM
I picked other and here's why. I'll get the figures (got my first one yesterday with Anakin!) and the three-pack army builders (already have the destroyer set).

I will probably wait until the ships are clearanced out after the holidays before (if at all) getting them. The Jedi starfighter is cool but I have four of the AOTC version, two TPM AATs and one Republic gunship. It just comes down to money.

darthzirock
09-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Although I put "Everything," all I'm really interested in are the basic 3-3/4" figures, the Durge w/ Speeder Bike and Clone Trooper w/ Speeder Bike (which are considered vehicles), and the Jedi Army 3-pack. The larger vehicles I have no room for (although I'm tempted to get Anakin's Starfighter, because it's not just a repaint of the AOTC Jedi Starfighter--which I didn't buy, anyway), and the Clone and Droid 3-packs bore me. I really wish Hasbro were making Clone Wars versions of more of the Jedi (especially Aayla Secura and Shak Ti), as well as a version of Count Dooku to go along with Asajj Ventress (maybe give him a cloth cape like the POTJ Lando, and without any idiotic action features for once!). Otherwise, I just hope I can find these things at retail, or I'll be changing my vote to "Nothing," too.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-12-2003, 02:12 PM
All I'm really interested in are the action figures. I already have a Gunship and a JS and don't need a repainted rehash. I also want a Deluxe Clone Biker Scout 'cause I missed that one the first time through. The 3-packs are a waste of $ at their current price. Maybe if they were $5 or so I'd get one if I could find one.

Darth Sidious
09-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Well, I can basically list what I have or want, so here it is.

-Clone/Droid/Jedi Army Builder Packs.
-Droideka with Launcher. (Hey, it's another Droideka, plus a rolled one for Dioramas.)
-Clonetrooper with Speederbike.
-Geonosian Starfighter.
-Hailfire Droid.
-Federation AAT.
-New Spider Droid, whatever that may be, plus AT-TE's/AT-TE carriers, "Aim right above the fuel cells" thing, Mobile Laser Cannons, or any other ship/attack droid from the Battle of Geonosis at the end of AotC that they decide to release.

I may get Durge and Asajj Ventress as well, but that's it for figures.

RussUAE
09-22-2003, 07:43 AM
Opps, I've already bought more than I ever intended to.

But I need those clones. And obv the vehicles that appear in the film. The other figures I'll probably skip on, unless I have another moment of weakness.